Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EID1
Description: EP300 interacting inhibitor of differentiation 1
Alias: C15orf3, CRI1, EID-1, IRO45620, PNAS-22, PTD014, RBP21, EP300-interacting inhibitor of differentiation 1, 21 kDa pRb-associated protein, CREBBP/EP300 inhibitor 1, CREBBP/EP300 inhibitory protein 1, E1A-like inhibitor of differentiation 1, NB4 apoptosis related protein, Rb- and p300-binding protein EID-1, retinoblastoma protein-associated protein
- Rampias T, Sasaki C, Weinberger P, Psyrri A. E6 and e7 gene silencing and transformed phenotype of human papillomavirus 16-positive oropharyngeal cancer cells. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:412-23 pubmed publisher..We examined the effects of repressing E6 and E7 oncogene expression on the transformed phenotype of HPV16-positive oropharyngeal cancer cell lines...
- Zhang C, Li X, Adelmant G, Dobbins J, Geisen C, Oser M, et al. Peptidic degron in EID1 is recognized by an SCF E3 ligase complex containing the orphan F-box protein FBXO21. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:15372-7 pubmed publisherEP300-interacting inhibitor of differentiation 1 (EID1) belongs to a protein family implicated in the control of transcription, differentiation, DNA repair, and chromosomal maintenance...
- Watanabe K, Yumimoto K, Nakayama K. FBXO21 mediates the ubiquitylation and proteasomal degradation of EID1. Genes Cells. 2015;20:667-74 pubmed publisher..which serves as the substrate-recognition subunit of a SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein (SCF)-type E3, thereby identifying EID1 (EP300-interacting inhibitor of differentiation 1) as a candidate substrate...
- Ye B, Dai Z, Liu B, Wang R, Li C, Huang G, et al. Pcid2 inactivates developmental genes in human and mouse embryonic stem cells to sustain their pluripotency by modulation of EID1 stability. Stem Cells. 2014;32:623-35 pubmed publisher..Pcid2 deficiency causes early embryonic lethality before the blastocyst stage. Pcid2 associates with EID1 and is present in the CBP/p300-EID1 complex in the ESCs...
- Liu R, Lei J, Luo C, Lan X, Chi L, Deng P, et al. Increased EID1 nuclear translocation impairs synaptic plasticity and memory function associated with pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;45:902-12 pubmed publisher..such as Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome, Huntington's disease and drug addiction, the role of EP300 interacting inhibitor of differentiation 1 (EID1), a CBP/p300 inhibitory protein, in modulating neurological functions remains ..
- Zhou T, Zhang Y, Macchiarulo A, Yang Z, Cellanetti M, Coto E, et al. Novel polymorphisms of nuclear receptor SHP associated with functional and structural changes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24871-81 pubmed publisher..In general, the interaction of SHP mutants with LRH-1 and EID1 was enhanced...
- Yang Z, Bian C, Zhou H, Huang S, Wang S, Liao L, et al. MicroRNA hsa-miR-138 inhibits adipogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells through adenovirus EID-1. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:259-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study shows that miR-138 plays a negative role in adipogenic differentiation and sheds light on the role of miRNAs during differentiation of hAD-MSCs toward adipocytes. ..
- Bush J, Wevrick R. The Prader-Willi syndrome protein necdin interacts with the E1A-like inhibitor of differentiation EID-1 and promotes myoblast differentiation. Differentiation. 2008;76:994-1005 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data are consistent with a model whereby necdin promotes myoblast differentiation at least in part by relieving the inhibitory effect of EID-1. ..
- Benevolenskaya E, Murray H, Branton P, Young R, Kaelin W. Binding of pRB to the PHD protein RBP2 promotes cellular differentiation. Mol Cell. 2005;18:623-35 pubmed..Our results suggest that promotion of differentiation by pRB involves neutralization of free RBP2 and transcriptional activation of RBP2 targets linked to euchromatin maintenance. ..
- Krützfeldt M, Ellis M, Weekes D, Bull J, Eilers M, Vivanco M, et al. Selective ablation of retinoblastoma protein function by the RET finger protein. Mol Cell. 2005;18:213-24 pubmed..These findings provide precedent for a regulatory pathway that uncouples different Rb-dependent activities and thus silences specific cellular responses to Rb in a selective way. ..
- Margottin F, Bour S, Durand H, Selig L, Benichou S, Richard V, et al. A novel human WD protein, h-beta TrCp, that interacts with HIV-1 Vpu connects CD4 to the ER degradation pathway through an F-box motif. Mol Cell. 1998;1:565-74 pubmed..These data suggest that beta TrCP and Skp1p represent components of a novel ER-associated protein degradation pathway that mediates CD4 proteolysis. ..
- Zhi X, Zhou X, He Y, Zechner C, Suino Powell K, Kliewer S, et al. Structural insights into gene repression by the orphan nuclear receptor SHP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:839-44 pubmed publisher..the precise mechanism whereby SHP represses transcription is not known, E1A-like inhibitor of differentiation (EID1) was isolated as a SHP-interacting protein and implicated in SHP repression...
- Ledl A, Schmidt D, M ller S. Viral oncoproteins E1A and E7 and cellular LxCxE proteins repress SUMO modification of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor. Oncogene. 2005;24:3810-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify SUMO modification as a novel post-translational modification of pRB that may control pRB activity by modulating LxCxE-pocket interactions...
- Nguyen D, Baglia L, Huang S, Baker C, McCance D. Acetylation regulates the differentiation-specific functions of the retinoblastoma protein. EMBO J. 2004;23:1609-18 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that acetylation regulates the differentiation-specific function(s) of pRb. ..
- Park Y, Kim H, Kim J, Kim M, Song K, Cheol Park K, et al. Differential role of the loop region between helices H6 and H7 within the orphan nuclear receptors small heterodimer partner and DAX-1. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1082-95 pubmed..The present study suggests that H6-H7 loop regions of SHP and DAX-1 play a different role in the repression of nuclear receptor transactivation. ..
- Wen H, Ao S. Identification and characterization of a novel human cDNA encoding a 21 kDa pRb-associated protein. Gene. 2001;263:85-92 pubmed..Using the C-terminus of human pRb and the yeast two-hybrid system, a novel protein named RBP21 that contains 187 amino acid residues with a calculated molecular weight of 21 kDa was identified as a pRb-binding ..
- Carim L, Sumoy L, Andreu N, Estivill X, Escarceller M. Identification and expression analysis of C15orf3, a novel gene on chromosome 15q21.1-->q21.2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88:330-2 pubmedWe have isolated C15orf3, a novel human gene that lacks homology to any known gene family. The C15orf3 gene encodes a transcript of 1676 nt with an ORF of 187 amino acids and a predicted protein product size of 20.8 kDa...
- Ghosh A, Varga J. The transcriptional coactivator and acetyltransferase p300 in fibroblast biology and fibrosis. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:663-71 pubmed
- Vargas D, Shimokawa N, Kaneko R, Rosales W, Parra A, Castellanos Ã, et al. Regulation of human subcutaneous adipocyte differentiation by EID1. J Mol Endocrinol. 2016;56:113-22 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to determine the function of EP300-interacting inhibitor of differentiation (EID1), an inhibitor of muscle differentiation, in the induction of beige adipocytes from adipose mesenchymal stem cells (..