Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EGR2
Description: early growth response 2
Alias: AT591, CMT1D, CMT4E, KROX20, E3 SUMO-protein ligase EGR2, KROX-20, Drosophila, homolog (early growth response-2), early growth response protein 2, zinc finger protein Krox-20
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- The one-to-four rule and paralogues of sex-determining genesS Ohno
Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010 3000, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 55:824-30. 1999..One consisted of EGR1, EGR2, EGR3 and EGR4, whereas the only known paralogue of the other is WT1, which controls the developmental fate of the ..
- Reciprocal co-regulation of EGR2 and MECP2 is disrupted in Rett syndrome and autismSusan E Swanberg
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Rowe Program in Human Genetics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:525-34. 2009..The activity-dependent early growth response gene 2 (EGR2), required for both early hindbrain development and mature neuronal function, has predicted binding sites in the ..
- Yy1 as a molecular link between neuregulin and transcriptional modulation of peripheral myelinationYe He
Department of Neuroscience and Genetics and Genomics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1472-80. 2010..The Schwann cells expressed low levels of myelin proteins and of Egr2 (also called Krox20), which is an important regulator of peripheral myelination...
- EGR2 induces apoptosis in various cancer cell lines by direct transactivation of BNIP3L and BAKMotoko Unoki
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japam
Oncogene 22:2172-85. 2003b>EGR2 plays a key role in the PTEN-induced apoptotic pathway...
- A novel mutation (D305V) in the early growth response 2 gene is associated with severe Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1 diseaseE Bellone
Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genova Italy
Hum Mutat 14:353-4. 1999..Recently point mutations in the early growth response 2 gene (EGR2/Krox-20) have been associated with hereditary myelinopathies...
- No association between EGR gene family polymorphisms and schizophrenia in the Chinese populationBao Cheng Liu
Bio X Center, Key Laboratory for the Genetics of Developmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:506-9. 2010..In this study we investigated the role of EGR1, EGR2, EGR3 and EGR4 within the EGR family...
- EGR3 as a potential susceptibility gene for schizophrenia in KoreaSe Hyun Kim
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1355-60. 2010..EGR genes, including EGR2, EGR3, and EGR4, showed significant association with schizophrenia in Japanese schizophrenic pedigrees...
- Krox-20 controls myelination in the peripheral nervous systemP Topilko
Unité 368 de l Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Nature 371:796-9. 1994..Therefore Krox-20 is likely to control a set of genes required for completion of myelination in the peripheral nervous system...
- Novel EGR2 mutation R359Q is associated with CMT type 1 and progressive scoliosisE Mikesová
Department of Child Neurology, 2nd School of Medicine, Charles University Prague, V Uvalu 84, 15006 Prague, Czech Republic
Neuromuscul Disord 15:764-7. 2005Mutations in the early growth response 2 gene (EGR2) cause demyelinating neuropathies differing in severity and age of onset...
- A novel missense mutation in the early growth response 2 gene associated with late-onset Charcot--Marie--Tooth disease type 1T Yoshihara
Department of Neurology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya 466, Japan
J Neurol Sci 184:149-53. 2001A novel mutation (Arg381Cys) in the second zinc-finger domain of early growth response 2 (EGR2) was identified in a late-onset Charcot--Marie--Tooth disease type 1 (CMT1) patient...
- HCF-1 functions as a coactivator for the zinc finger protein Krox20Randy L Luciano
Department of Microbiology and New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 278:51116-24. 2003..Three well characterized examples were further analyzed for their ability to use HCF-1 as a coactivator. Krox20, a zinc finger transcription factor required for Schwann cell differentiation, and E2F4, a cell cycle regulator, ..
- Methylation at CpG islands in intron 1 of EGR2 confers enhancer-like activityMotoko Unoki
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
FEBS Lett 554:67-72. 2003We previously demonstrated several lines of evidence indicating that early growth response 2 (EGR2) functions as a tumor suppressor, partly on the basis that its expression was often decreased in human tumors and cancer cell lines...
- Toxoplasma gondii rhoptry discharge correlates with activation of the early growth response 2 host cell transcription factorEric D Phelps
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Infect Immun 76:4703-12. 2008..Early growth response 2 (EGR2) is a host cell transcription factor that is rapidly upregulated and activated in Toxoplasma-infected cells but not ..
- Cranial nerve involvement in CMT disease type 1 due to early growth response 2 gene mutationD Pareyson
Departments of Neurology, C Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy
Neurology 54:1696-8. 2000Mutations in the gene coding for the Schwann cell transcription factor early growth response 2 (EGR2), which seems to regulate myelinogenesis and hindbrain development, have been observed in few cases of inherited neuropathy...
- [The genetics of type 1 Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the hereditary focal neuropathies and the hereditary distal motor neuropathies]T Sevilla
, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia,
Rev Neurol 30:71-9. 2000..1q23 (locus CMT-1B); the gene for conexine 32 (Cx32), found on chromosome Xq13 (locus CMT-X) and the gene EGR2 found on chromosome 10q21.1-q22.1...
- Embryology of the neural crest: its inductive role in the neurocutaneous syndromesHarvey B Sarnat
Department of Pediatrics Neurology, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Child Neurol 20:637-43. 2005..of the neural tube (eg, PAX3, BMP4, ZIC2), some segmentation genes (eg, WNT1), genes that inhibit neural crest (eg, EGR2), and neural crest-specific differentiating genes (eg, SLUG, SOX10)...
- Regulation of myelin-specific gene expression. Relevance to CMT1J Kamholz
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 883:91-108. 1999..Two transcription factors, Krox 20 (EGR2) and Oct 6 (SCIP/Tst1), are necessary for the transition from the promyelinating to the myelinating stage of ..
- Coordinate augmentation in expression of genes encoding transcription factors and liver secretory proteins in hypo-oncotic statesJ Kang
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Kidney Int 56:452-60. 1999..This is the only known condition in which transcription of both positive and negative acute phase proteins (APPs) are increased simultaneously. The specific transcription factor(s) that might regulate this cascade is not defined...
- A somatic and germline mosaic mutation in MPZ/P(0) mimics recessive inheritance of CMT1BG M Fabrizi
Department of Neurological and Visual Sciences, Section of Clinical Neurology, University of Verona, Italy
Neurology 57:101-5. 2001..To identify the molecular basis of a demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1 (CMT1) with presumed autosomal recessive inheritance...
- A novel type of hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy characterized by a mild phenotypeP De Jonghe
Department of Biochemistry, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
Arch Neurol 56:1283-8. 1999..2 (CMT1A), 1q21-q23 (CMT1B), and 10q21.1-q22.1 (designated here as CMT1D)...
- Glucocorticoids inhibit osteocalcin transcription in osteoblasts by suppressing Egr2/Krox20-binding enhancerNathalie Leclerc
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:929-39. 2005..Using this gene as a model, the goal of this study was to discover glucocorticoid-sensitive transcriptional mechanisms in osteoblasts...
- Molecular analysis in Japanese patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease: DGGE analysis for PMP22, MPZ, and Cx32/GJB1 mutationsChikahiko Numakura
Department of Pediatrics, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Hum Mutat 20:392-8. 2002..myelin protein 22 (PMP22), myelin protein zero (MPZ), connexin 32 (Cx32/GJB1), and early growth response 2 (EGR2) genes. Some mutations of MPZ and Cx32 were also associated with the clinical CMT2 phenotype...
- Charcot-marie-tooth disease and related neuropathies: molecular basis for distinction and diagnosisD Pareyson
Department of Neurology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
Muscle Nerve 22:1498-509. 1999..myelin protein 22 (PMP22), myelin protein zero (PO), connexin 32 (Cx32), and early growth response 2 (EGR2)...
- 5q- myelodysplastic syndromes: chromosome 5q genes direct a tumor-suppression network sensing actin dynamicsK M Eisenmann
Laboratories of Cell Structure and Signal Integration, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Oncogene 28:3429-41. 2009..identified candidate tumor-suppressor genes, including the ribosomal subunit RPS14, the transcription factor Egr1/Krox20 and the cytoskeletal remodeling protein, alpha-catenin...
- Clinical, electrophysiological and molecular genetic studies in a family with X-linked dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy presenting a novel mutation in GJB1 Promoter and a rare polymorphism in LITAF/SIMPLEKatell Beauvais
Unité de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hôpital Yves Le Foll, 22023 Saint Brieuc, France
Neuromuscul Disord 16:14-8. 2006..Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease with dominant inheritance, five genes have been incriminated: PMP22, MPZ, LITAF/SIMPLE, EGR2 (CMT1A to D), and GJB1 (CMTX)...
- Neurofilament light chain polypeptide gene mutations in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease: nonsense mutation probably causes a recessive phenotypeAkiko Abe
Department of Pediatrics, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:94-7. 2009..We investigated NEFL in 223 Japanese CMT patients who were negative for PMP22, MPZ, GJB1, LITAF, EGR2, GDAP1, MTMR2 and PRX in the demyelinating form and negative for MFN2, MPZ, GJB1, HSP27, HSP22 and GARS in the ..
- Clinical characterization and genetic analysis of a possible novel type of dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseYi Chung Lee
Department of Neurology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuromuscul Disord 20:534-9. 2010..No mutation in PMP22, MPZ, GJB1, NEFL, LITAF, EGR2, MFN2, HSP27, HSP22, GADP1, YARS, and DNM2 genes was found in the proband...
- Dicer in Schwann cells is required for myelination and axonal integrityJorge A Pereira
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 30:6763-75. 2010..At the molecular level, the promyelinating transcription factor Krox20 and several myelin proteins [including myelin associated glycoprotein (MAG) and PMP22] were strongly reduced in ..
- Congenital hypomyelination neuropathy in a newborn infant: unusual cause of diaphragmatic and vocal cord paralysesJ S Hahn
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital at Stanford, Stanford, California, USA
Pediatrics 108:E95. 2001..DNA analysis for identification of previously characterized mutations in the genes MPZ, PMP22, and EGR2 was negative...
- Differential regulation of NAB corepressor genes in Schwann cellsRajini Srinivasan
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
BMC Mol Biol 8:117. 2007Myelination of peripheral nerves by Schwann cells requires not only the Egr2/Krox-20 transactivator, but also the NGFI-A/Egr-binding (NAB) corepressors, which modulate activity of Egr2...
- Identifying significant genetic regulatory networks in the prostate cancer from microarray data based on transcription factor analysis and conditional independencyHsiang Yuan Yeh
Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
BMC Med Genomics 2:70. 2009....
- Inverse regulation of plasticity-related immediate early genes by calcineurin in hippocampal neuronsBrian Yee Hong Lam
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1PD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:12562-71. 2009..the IEG c-fos is unaffected by suppression of calcineurin activity, the plasticity-related genes Egr1/Zif268 and Egr2/Krox-20 are up-regulated, and genes encoding the orphan nuclear hormone receptors Nor1 and Nur77 are down-regulated...
- Experience-dependent plasticity of mouse visual cortex in the absence of the neuronal activity-dependent marker egr1/zif268N Mataga
Laboratory for Neuronal Circuit Development, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 351 0198 Japan
J Neurosci 21:9724-32. 2001..There was no apparent compensation among egr2, egr3, or c-fos mRNA and protein expression in the visual cortex of egr1 KO mice...
- Neural-specific expression, genomic structure, and chromosomal localization of the gene encoding the zinc-finger transcription factor NGFI-CS D Crosby
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:4739-43. 1992..related to the previously described early response genes, nerve growth factor-induced clone A (NGFI-A or EGR1), EGR2, and EGR3...
- Developmental basis of the rostro-caudal organization of the brainstem respiratory rhythm generatorJ Champagnat
Centre de Recherche de Gif, UPR 2216 Neurobiologie Génétique et Intégrative, IFR 2118 Institut de Neurobiologie Alfred Fessard, CNRS, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:2469-76. 2009..Inactivation of Krox20/Egr2 eliminates the pFRG activity, thereby causing life-threatening neonatal apnoeas alternating with respiration ..
- Binding of transcription factor Sp1 to GC box DNA revealed by footprinting analysis: different contact of three zinc fingers and sequence recognition modeJ Kuwahara
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan
Biochemistry 32:5994-6001. 1993..These features are clearly distinct from those of Zif268 and Krox20, which are three-zinc-finger proteins closely related to Sp1.
- Neural crest patterning: autoregulatory and crest-specific elements co-operate for Krox20 transcriptional controlJulien Ghislain
Unité 368 de l Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 130:941-53. 2003..b>Krox20, a transcription factor gene that plays a critical role in the development of the segmented hindbrain, is ..
- [Experimental identification of drugs with function of targeted up-regulating ID4 expression: bioinformatics-based prediction and preliminary validation]Bo Yang
Department of Geriatric Hematology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:1714-6. 2009..To screen new candidate molecular-targeted anti-leukemia compounds with potential functions of targeted up-regulating ID4 gene expression...
- Neurotrophin/Trk receptor signaling mediates C/EBPalpha, -beta and NeuroD recruitment to immediate-early gene promoters in neuronal cells and requires C/EBPs to induce immediate-early gene transcriptionAnna Maria Calella
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Mouse Biology Unit, Via Ramarini, 00016 Monterotondo, Italy
Neural Dev 2:4. 2007....
- Molecular cloning of a novel human cDNA encoding a zinc finger protein that binds to the interleukin-3 promoterN Koyano-Nakagawa
Department of Molecular and Development Biology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 14:5099-107. 1994..Two were identical to known transcription factors, EGR1 and EGR2, and the other clone, named DB1, encoded a novel protein of 516 amino acids with six zinc finger motifs...
- Rapid effects of LH on gene expression in the mural granulosa cells of mouse periovulatory folliclesMartha Z Carletti
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3075 KLSIC, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Reproduction 137:843-55. 2009..Temporal expression of several transcripts, including the transcription factors Nr4a1, Nr4a2, Egr1, Egr2, Btg1, and Btg2, and the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like ligands Areg and Ereg, were analyzed by quantitative RT-..
- Microarray analysis reveals differential expression of benign and malignant pheochromocytomaJens Waldmann
Department of Surgery, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:743-56. 2010..differences of six genes (calsequestrin, NNAT, neurogranin, secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC), EGR2, and MAOB) were confirmed by RT-PCR in 25 PCs...
- Differential gene expression profiling of large and small retinal ganglion cellsDmitry Ivanov
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1638 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Neurosci Methods 174:10-7. 2008..between the two sub-populations of RGCs are controlled by networks interconnected by SP-1, Erk2 (MAPK1), Egr1, Egr2 and, potentially, regulated via transcription factors C/EBPbeta, HSF1, STAT1- and c-Myc...
- foxD5a, a Xenopus winged helix gene, maintains an immature neural ectoderm via transcriptional repression that is dependent on the C-terminal domainS A Sullivan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Dev Biol 232:439-57. 2001..plate appears to be maintained in an immature state because otx2 expression is expanded and expression of en2, Krox20, proneural genes (Xnrgn1, neuroD) and a neural differentiation gene (n-tubulin) is repressed in foxD5a-expressing ..
- Expression of ABCA2 protein in both non-myelin-forming and myelin-forming Schwann cells in the rodent peripheral nerveTakashi Saito
Department of Physiology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Neurosci Lett 414:35-40. 2007..not only in Schwann cells, which express the Schwann cell marker S100beta and a zinc finger transcription factor Krox20 (a marker for myelin-forming Schwann cells), but also in Krox20-negative cells, which express glial fibrillary ..
- Altered brain gene expression profiles associated with the pathogenesis of phenylketonuria in a mouse modelJoo Won Park
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Chim Acta 401:90-9. 2009..The resultant hyperphenylalaninemia causes mental retardation, seizure, and abnormalities in behavior and movement...
- Adrenal transcription regulatory genes modulated by angiotensin II and their role in steroidogenesisDamian G Romero
Division of Endocrinology, G V Sonny Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Physiol Genomics 30:26-34. 2007..BHLHB2, BTG2, and SALL1 decreased expression of both enzymes, whereas CITED2, EGR2, ELL2, FOS, FOSB, HDAC5, MAFF, MITF, NFIL3, NR4A1, NR4A2, NR4A3, PER1, and VDR increased expression for both ..
- Identification and characterization of TRIP8 gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Mol Med 12:817-21. 2003..Intra-species comparative genomics revealed that TRIP8-EGR2 locus at human chromosome 10q21...
- Sensory ataxia and muscle spindle agenesis in mice lacking the transcription factor Egr3W G Tourtellotte
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Genet 20:87-91. 1998..The Egr family of zinc-finger transcription factors, whose members include Egr1 (NGFI-A), Egr2 (Krox-20), Egr3 and Egr4 (NGFI-C), are thought to regulate critical genetic programs involved in cellular growth ..
- Active gene repression by the Egr2.NAB complex during peripheral nerve myelinationGennifer M Mager
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Training Program, Department of Comparative Biosciences, Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 283:18187-97. 2008The Egr2/Krox20 transactivator is required for activation of many myelin-associated genes during peripheral nerve myelination by Schwann cells...
- Dejerine-Sottas disease and hereditary demyelinating polyneuropathy of infancyViolaine Plante-Bordeneuve
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Muscle Nerve 26:608-21. 2002..in the original study, and at least seven genes encoding the myelin proteins P0, PMP22, the transcriptional factor EGR2, and others have been implicated...
- Retinoic acid synthesis and hindbrain patterning in the mouse embryoK Niederreither
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, CU de Strasbourg
Development 127:75-85. 2000..Instead of being expressed in two alternate rhombomeres (r3 and r5), Krox20 is expressed in a single broad domain, correlating with an abnormal expansion of the r2-r3 marker Meis2...
- The Ddx20/DP103 dead box protein represses transcriptional activation by Egr2/Krox-20Anne Lynn Gillian
Department of Comparative Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 279:9056-63. 2004The early growth response 2 (Egr2/Krox-20) transcription factor is essential for myelination of the peripheral nervous system and segmentation of the vertebrate hindbrain...
- Neuropathy-associated Egr2 mutants disrupt cooperative activation of myelin protein zero by Egr2 and Sox10Scott E Leblanc
University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3521-9. 2007Dominant mutations in the early growth response 2 (Egr2/Krox20) transactivator, a critical regulator of peripheral myelin development, have been associated with peripheral myelinopathies...
- Activity-dependent gene expression correlates with interictal spiking in human neocortical epilepsySanjay N Rakhade
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Epilepsia 48:86-95. 2007..We have recently identified a common group of genes induced in human epileptic foci, including EGR1, EGR2, c-fos, and MKP-3...
- Induction of myelin protein zero by early growth response 2 through upstream and intragenic elementsSung Wook Jang
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20111-20. 2009..of the Mpz gene is controlled by two major transactivators that coordinate Schwann cell development: Egr2/Krox20 and Sox10...
- CNS/PNS boundary transgression by central glia in the absence of Schwann cells or Krox20/Egr2 functionFanny Coulpier
Plate forme Transcriptome and Developmental Biology Section, INSERM, Unité 1024, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8197, Institut de Biologie de l Ecole Normale Supérieure, 75230 Paris, France
J Neurosci 30:5958-67. 2010..We show that depletion of Schwann cells and boundary cap cells or inactivation of Krox20/Egr2, a master regulatory gene for myelination in Schwann cells, results in transgression of the CNS/PNS boundary ..
- Differential expression of hoxa2a and hoxa2b genes during striped bass embryonic developmentJean Luc Scemama
Department of Biology, Howell Science Complex, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:843-8. 2006..uncharacterized paralogs group 2 Hox genes, striped bass hoxa2a and hoxa2b, and the developmental regulatory gene egr2. We demonstrate that both Hox genes are expressed in the rhombomeres of the developing hindbrain and the pharyngeal ..
- Direct regulation of myelin protein zero expression by the Egr2 transactivatorScott E Leblanc
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Biol Chem 281:5453-60. 2006..within the first intron of the Mpz gene, which contains binding sites for the early growth response 2 (Egr2/Krox20) transcription factor, a critical regulator of peripheral nerve myelination...
- Novel mutants of NAB corepressors enhance activation by Egr transactivatorsJ Svaren
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Departments of Pathology and Internal Medicine, Campus Box 8118, 660 S Euclid Ave, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
EMBO J 17:6010-9. 1998..binding corepressors NAB1 and NAB2 interact with a conserved domain (R1 domain) within the Egr1/NGFI-A and Egr2/Krox20 transactivators, and repress the transcription of Egr target promoters...
- Combined deficiencies of Msx1 and Msx2 cause impaired patterning and survival of the cranial neural crestMamoru Ishii
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Cancer Hospital, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Development 132:4937-50. 2005..The expression of the hindbrain markers Krox20 and Epha4 was altered in Msx1/2 mutants, suggesting that defects in neural crest populations may result, in part, ..
- Krox20 is down-regulated following triazole in vitro embryonic exposure: a polycompetitor-based assayValentina Massa
Department of Biology, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
Toxicol Lett 169:196-204. 2007..Specification of hindbrain segments is regulated by retinoic acid and the hox code. Krox20 was chosen as molecular marker for its specific distribution in the anterior neural tube...
- Nab1, a corepressor of NGFI-A (Egr-1), contains an active transcriptional repression domainA H Swirnoff
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:512-24. 1998..the NGFI-A (Egr-1, Krox24, zif/268) family of immediate-early gene transcription factors, which includes NGFI-C, Krox20, and Egr3...
- Inhibition of BMPs by follistatin is required for FGF3 expression and segmental patterning of the hindbrainKaren Weisinger
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Dev Biol 324:213-25. 2008..FGF signaling is required in this network to upregulate the expression of the Krox20 and Kreisler segmentation genes, but little is known of how FGF gene expression is regulated in the hindbrain...
- A novel locus for autosomal recessive peripheral neuropathy in the EGR2 region on 10q23T Rogers
Centre for Human Genetics, Edith Cowan University Joondalup Campus, Perth, WA 6027, Australia
Am J Hum Genet 67:664-71. 2000..branches of the large kindred detected linkage to the 10q22-q23 region containing the early growth response 2 gene (EGR2), a transcription factor with a key role in peripheral nerve myelination...
- Anterior patterning by synergistic activity of the early gastrula organizer and the anterior germ layer tissues of the mouse embryoP P Tam
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, Locked Bag 23, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Development 126:5171-9. 1999..However, the most anterior neural gene that was expressed in the ectopic axis was Krox20 that marks parts of the hindbrain, but markers of the mid- and forebrain (Otx2 and En1) were not expressed...
- Krox20 stimulates adipogenesis via C/EBPbeta-dependent and -independent mechanismsZhu Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Metab 1:93-106. 2005b>Krox20 is a zinc finger-containing transcription factor that is abundantly expressed in adipose tissue. However, its role in fat cell differentiation has not been established...
- In vivo detection of Egr2 binding to target genes during peripheral nerve myelinationSung Wook Jang
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurochem 98:1678-87. 2006Egr2/Krox20 is a zinc finger transactivator that regulates a diverse array of genes required for peripheral nerve myelination...
- A role for miR-142-3p in colony-stimulating factor 1-induced monocyte differentiation into macrophagesBrice Lagrange
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:1936-46. 2013..of the genes whose expression is repressed by miR-142-3p encodes the transcription factor Early Growth Response 2 (Egr2)...
- Gene expression profiling of glucocorticoid-inhibited osteoblastsNathalie Leclerc
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 33:175-93. 2004..Others are shown here for the first time to respond to GCs. DEX strongly repressed Krox20/Egr2 at both the mRNA and the protein level...
- Involvement of miR-20a in promoting gastric cancer progression by targeting early growth response 2 (EGR2)Xiangsheng Li
Department of General Surgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Xinqiao Road, Chongqing 400037, China
Int J Mol Sci 14:16226-39. 2013..Luciferase activity and Western blot confirmed that miR-20a negatively regulated EGR2 expression. Overexpression of EGR2 significantly attenuated the oncogenic effect of miR-20a...
- Chronic co-administration of nicotine and methamphetamine causes differential expression of immediate early genes in the dorsal striatum and nucleus accumbens of ratsF Saint-Preux
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Research Branch, NIDA IRP, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 243:89-96. 2013..Of the Egr family members, NAc egr2 expression was decreased after nicotine and the drug combination whereas NAc egr3 was decreased after METH and the ..
- Paradoxical role of an Egr transcription factor family member, Egr2/Krox20, in learning and memoryRoseline Poirier
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l Apprentissage, Univ Paris Sud France roseline poirier u psud fr
Front Behav Neurosci 1:6. 2007..Another Egr family member expressed in brain, Egr2/Krox20 is known to be crucial for normal hindbrain development and has been implicated in several inherited peripheral ..
- Egr2::cre mediated conditional ablation of dicer disrupts histogenesis of mammalian central auditory nucleiElena Rosengauer
Department of Neurogenetics, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e49503. 2012..Here, we investigated their role for the formation of the auditory brainstem. Egr2::Cre-mediated early embryonic ablation of Dicer1 caused severe disruption of auditory brainstem structures...
- Calcineurin-nuclear factor of activated T cells regulation of Krox-20 expression in Schwann cells requires elevation of intracellular cyclic AMPMaulilio J Kipanyula
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Chuo Kikuu, Morogoro, Tanzania
J Neurosci Res 91:105-15. 2013The transcription factor Krox-20 (Egr2) is a master regulator of Schwann cell myelination...
- IRES-dependent translation of egr2 is induced under inflammatory conditionsDaniela Rübsamen
Institute of Biochemistry I, Goethe University Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
RNA 18:1910-20. 2012..Polysome profiling and microarray analysis identified early growth response-2 (egr2) to be regulated at the level of translation...
- In vitro and in vivo differentiation of boundary cap neural crest stem cells into mature Schwann cellsJorge B Aquino
Unit of Molecular Neurobiology MBB, Karolinska Institutet, Scheeles vag 1 A1 2, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Neurol 198:438-49. 2006..After analysis of the in vivo expression of Sox2, Sox10, S100, GFAP, fibronectin and Krox20 in the glial lineages, we used these markers to characterize differentiation of the bNCSCs...
- Selective inhibition of CD4+ T-cell cytokine production and autoimmunity by BET protein and c-Myc inhibitorsHozefa S Bandukwala
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14532-7. 2012..analysis revealed up-regulated expression of several antiinflammatory gene products, including IL-10, Lag3, and Egr2, and down-regulated expression of several proinflammatory cytokines including GM-CSF and IL-17...
- Retrocochlear function of the peripheral deafness gene Cacna1dSomisetty V Satheesh
Department of Neurogenetics, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 21:3896-909. 2012..To this end, we generated a mouse conditional Cacna1d-eGFP(flex) allele. Upon pairing with Egr2::Cre mice, Ca(v)1.3 was ablated in the auditory brainstem, leaving the inner ear intact...
- Genetic association of the EGR2 gene with bipolar disorder in KoreaSe Hyun Kim
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
Exp Mol Med 44:121-9. 2012The early growth response gene 2 (EGR2) is located at chromosome 10q21, one of the susceptibility loci in bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Elevated and sustained expression of the transcription factors Egr1 and Egr2 controls NKT lineage differentiation in response to TCR signalingMichael P Seiler
Committee on Immunology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nat Immunol 13:264-71. 2012..Here we found that TCR-induced transcription factors Egr2 and Egr1 had higher and more-prolonged expression in precursors of the natural killer T (NKT) than in cells of ..
- Distal enhancers upstream of the Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A disease gene PMP22Erin A Jones
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1581-91. 2012..Using chromatin immunoprecipitation analysis of two transcription factors known to upregulate PMP22-EGR2 and SOX10-we found several enhancers in this upstream region that contain open chromatin and direct reporter gene ..
- Distinctive features of Egr transcription factor regulation and DNA binding activity in CA1 of the hippocampus in synaptic plasticity and consolidation and reconsolidation of fear memoryHélène Cheval
CNRS, Centre de Neurosciences Paris Sud, UMR 8195, Orsay, F 91405, France
Hippocampus 22:631-42. 2012..Here, we focused on area CA1 and examined regulation of Egr1, Egr2, and Egr3 mRNA and protein, and their DNA binding activity to the Egr response element (ERE) at different times ..
- Serum response factor regulates immediate early host gene expression in Toxoplasma gondii-infected host cellsMandi Wiley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18335. 2011..Previous studies demonstrated that genes encoding transcription factors such as c-jun, junB, EGR1, and EGR2 were amongst the host genes that were the most rapidly upregulated following infection...
- Isolation and characterization of a zinc finger polypeptide gene at the human chromosome 11 Wilms' tumor locusK M Call
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Cell 60:509-20. 1990..of the predicted polypeptide shows significant homology to two growth regulated mammalian polypeptides, EGR1 and EGR2. The genetic localization of this gene, its tissue-specific expression, and the function predicted from its ..
- Notch controls embryonic Schwann cell differentiation, postnatal myelination and adult plasticityAshwin Woodhoo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Nat Neurosci 12:839-47. 2009..that myelination is subject to negative transcriptional regulation that opposes forward drives such as Krox20. Notably, in the adult, Notch dysregulation resulted in demyelination; this finding identifies a signaling pathway ..
- MicroRNAs modulate Schwann cell response to nerve injury by reinforcing transcriptional silencing of dedifferentiation-related genesAndreu Viader
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 31:17358-69. 2011..miR-140 targeted the transcription factor Egr2, a master regulator of myelination, and modulated myelination in DRG/SC cocultures...
- Redox-sensitive regulation of gene expression in human primary macrophages exposed to inorganic arsenicEmilie Bourdonnay
INSERM U620, Group Toxicité des contaminants de l environnement, 2 Avenue du Pr Leon Bernard, 35043 Rennes, France
J Cell Biochem 107:537-47. 2009..and Bach1, two redox-sensitive regulators of stress genes, and represses expression of the transcription factor EGR2 which is involved in mouse macrophage differentiation; such effects are reduced by N-acetylcysteine...
- Mutations in the early growth response 2 (EGR2) gene are associated with hereditary myelinopathiesL E Warner
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 18:382-4. 1998..Egr2, (also known as Krox20) is the mouse orthologue of human EGR2 and was first identified as an immediate-early response gene, encoding a ..
- Congenital hypomyelinating neuropathy with lethal conduction failure in mice carrying the Egr2 I268N mutationRobert H Baloh
Department of Neurology, and Hope Center for Neurological Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 29:2312-21. 2009..Here, we describe the engineering and characterization of a mouse carrying the I268N mutation in Egr2, observed in patients with recessively inherited Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease type 4E, which is predicted to ..
- Specification of the hindbrain fate in the zebrafishK Woo
Biological Imaging Center, Beckman Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Dev Biol 197:283-96. 1998..they are able to maintain regional fate, as is evident by the expression of the hindbrain-specific marker, Krox20. In addition, we observe that committed hindbrain tissues are able to induce presumptive ventral epidermis to form ..
- A functional interaction between Irx and Meis patterns the anterior hindbrain and activates krox20 expression in rhombomere 3Aline Stedman
CNRS UMR7622, Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Bâtiment C 7ème étage, Boite 24, 9 quai Saint Bernard, 75005 Paris, France
Dev Biol 327:566-77. 2009..and Irx1b, are required for the proper formation and specification of rhombomeres 1 to 4 and, in particular, for krox20 activation in r3...
- Essential role of CREB family proteins during Xenopus embryogenesisB Lutz
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Mech Dev 88:55-66. 1999..initial induction of neural and mesodermal tissues is not dependent on CREB function, as genes such as Otx2, Krox20, Shh and MyoD are still expressed in injected embryos...
- Age-associated changes in cardiac gene expression after preconditioningLixin Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, New York 11794, USA
Anesthesiology 111:1052-64. 2009..The authors hypothesized that age would differentially modulate gene expression induced by IPC and APC in vivo...
- Mkl transcription cofactors regulate structural plasticity in hippocampal neuronsNiamh C O'Sullivan
Applied Neurotherapeutics Research Group, UCD Schools of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Cereb Cortex 20:1915-25. 2010..Gene regulation immediately after learning includes Egr2 and may be facilitated by downregulation of Mkls likely releasing ternary complex factor-regulated SRF activity...
- DNA-binding specificity of NGFI-A and related zinc finger transcription factorsA H Swirnoff
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Mol Cell Biol 15:2275-87. 1995..member of a family of immediate-early gene-encoded transcription factors which includes NGFI-C, Egr3, and Krox20. These proteins possess highly homologous DNA-binding domains, composed of three Cys2-His2 zinc fingers, and all ..
- HDAC1 and HDAC2 control the transcriptional program of myelination and the survival of Schwann cellsClaire Jacob
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Neurosci 14:429-36. 2011..Expression of Sox10 and Krox20, the main transcriptional regulators of Schwann cell myelination, was greatly reduced...
- Prenatal development of central rhythm generationJean Champagnat
Neurobiologie et Développement UPR 3294, CNRS, Neuro Sud Paris IFR 144, Centre de Recherche de Gif sur Yvette CNRS, FRC 3115, Gif sur Yvette, France
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 178:146-55. 2011..and lineages forming each of these oscillators during early development of the neural tube: Hoxa1, Egr2 (Krox20), Phox2b, Lbx1 and Atoh1 for the e-pF; Dbx1 and Evx1 for the preBötC which eventually grow contralateral axons ..
- Hindbrain patterning requires fine-tuning of early krox20 transcription by Sprouty 4Charlotte Labalette
Ecole Normale Superieure, IBENS, Paris Cedex 75230, France
Development 138:317-26. 2011..factor (FGF) signalling plays a major role, notably by controlling the expression of the transcription factor Krox20 (Egr2), which is required for the formation and specification of two segmental units: rhombomeres (r) 3 and 5...
- Locus-wide identification of Egr2/Krox20 regulatory targets in myelin genesSung Wook Jang
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Neurochem 115:1409-20. 2010..peripheral nerves by Schwann cells depends upon a gene regulatory network controlled by early growth response Egr2/Krox20, which is specifically required for Schwann cells to initiate and maintain myelination...
- Identification and characterization of early growth response 2, a zinc-finger transcription factor, as a p53-regulated proapoptotic geneIkuko Yokota
Department of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Int J Oncol 37:1407-16. 2010..Using microarray analysis, we have identified the transcription factor early growth response 2 (EGR2) as a target of the p53 family, specifically p53, p63 and p73...
- Genetic control of myelination by EGR2 and NAB proteinsJohn Svaren; Fiscal Year: 2006..CHN}-are caused by deficits in myelin formation and maintenance, and mutations in the gene coding for the EGR2 transactivator have recently been associated with these diseases...
- Regulation of Monocyte and Granulocyte Lineage SpecificationAlan D Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Microarray studies using an inducible cell line, combined with ChIP data, suggest that the EGR2 promoter is an additional C/EBPa:AP-1 genetic target. Egr-2, like elevated PU.1, favors monopoiesis...
- ERK Mitogen Activated Protein Kinases in SkeletogenesisShunichi Murakami; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that 1) Krox20 expression is regulated by ERK1/ERK2 through its MAPK response element via DNA binding complex containing direct ..
- Genetic control of myelination by EGR2 and NAB proteinsJOHN P SVAREN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The EGR2/Krox20 transcription factor is a master regulator of the myelination program in peripheral nerve, and human genetics ..
- Genetic mechanisms of myelination in zebrafishWilliam S Talbot; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will test the hypothesis that this new transmembrane protein triggers myelination by activating krox20 in Schwann cells...
- CMT Peripheral Neuropathy: IV. Genes and PathogenesisJAMES LUPSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..nerve structure/function and maintenance; (ii) genes that are downstream targets of the transcription factor EGR2 are important candidates for inherited peripheral nerve disease; (iii) structural features of the human genome may ..
- Genetic control of myelination by EGR2 and NAB proteinsJOHN P SVAREN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The EGR2/Krox20 transcription factor is a master regulator of the myelination program in peripheral nerve, and human genetics ..
- p21-Activated Kinases as New Therapeutic Targets in Neurofibromatosis Type 1JONATHAN D CHERNOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..if loss of Pak function reverses the activation of MAPK and cytoskeletal alterations in vitro;and 3) We will cross Krox20-cre/Nf1flox/- mice, which develop malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors, with Pak1 knock out mice, or ..
- Hindbrain Dysgenesis in Rett Syndrome and Other Autism-Spectrum DisordersSusan Swanberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Genes which are involved in the process of hindbrain development include Homeobox genes of the Hox family and EGR2. Hoxa1 and EGR2 interact syngergistically in a dosage- dependent manner to partition portions of the ..
- Regulation of Myelination by Egr2/Nab Protein ComplexesJeffrey Milbrandt; Fiscal Year: 2009The discovery that Egr2-deficient mice have hypomyelinated peripheral nerves led to the realization that EGR2 is an essential regulator of the Schwann cell myelination program and, moreover, to the identification of EGR2 mutations in ..
- Regulation of Myelination by Egr2/Nab Protein ComplexesJeffrey Milbrandt; Fiscal Year: 2007The discovery that Egr2-deficient mice have hypomyelinated peripheral nerves led to the realization that EGR2 is an essential regulator of the Schwann cell myelination program and, moreover, to the identification of EGR2 mutations in ..
- Generation of Respiratory RhythmJACK FELDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will look at mice (Krox20) with genetically-induced brainstem developmental anomalies that affect the RTN/pFRG...
- Generation of Respiratory RhythmJack L Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will look at mice (Krox20) with genetically-induced brainstem developmental anomalies that affect the RTN/pFRG...
- Regulation of Monocyte and Granulocyte Lineage SpecificationAlan D Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Microarray studies using an inducible cell line, combined with ChIP data, suggest that the EGR2 promoter is an additional C/EBPa:AP-1 genetic target. Egr-2, like elevated PU.1, favors monopoiesis...
- The role of microRNAs in Schwann cell development and diseaseRAJESHWAR BHAGWAN AWATRAMANI; Fiscal Year: 2010..transition, maintain the expression of Sox2, and lack the SC master regulator gene Egr2 (Krox20)...
- KROX 20 AND BONE MASSBaruch Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Krox20 and Bone Mass. We propose to delineate the role of the transcription factor Krox20 in the regulation of osteoblast function and bone mass control...
- KROX 20 AND BONE MASSBaruch Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Krox20 and Bone Mass. We propose to delineate the role of the transcription factor Krox20 in the regulation of osteoblast function and bone mass control...
- KROX 20 AND BONE MASSBaruch Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Krox20 and Bone Mass. We propose to delineate the role of the transcription factor Krox20 in the regulation of osteoblast function and bone mass control...
- ROLE OF EGR2 MUTATIONS IN PERIPHERAL MYELINOPATHIESJeffrey Milbrandt; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recently, however, mutations in the transcription factor Egr2 have also been associated with these syndromes...
- DGK in T Cell Regulation and ToleranceThomas F Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2010..be analyzed functionally using adenoviral vectors and CAR the second specific aim, the functional adenoviruses for EGR2 expression, and a Cre adenovirus for conditional deletion of EGR2 in employed using the CAR Tg system...
- INTERACTION OF LEAD WITH ZINC FINGER PROTEINSNasser Zawia; Fiscal Year: 2002..are to study the effects of lead exposure on the DNA binding properties of zinc finger proteins (zif268, SP1, and krox20) and to examine if their functional capacity of gene activation/deactivation is impaired by lead...