Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EEF1B2
Description: eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 beta 2
Alias: EEF1B, EEF1B1, EF1B, elongation factor 1-beta, EF-1-beta, eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 beta 1
- Uchida S, Sato H, Yoneda M, Kai C. Eukaryotic elongation factor 1-beta interacts with the 5' untranslated region of the M gene of Nipah virus to promote mRNA translation. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2361-8 pubmed publisher..Using an RNA pull-down assay, we showed that eukaryotic elongation factor 1-beta (EEF1B2) interacts with nucleotides 81-100 of the M 5' UTR and specifically enhances its translation efficiency...
- Cassol D, Cruz F, Espindola K, Mangeon A, Muller C, Loureiro M, et al. Identification of reference genes for quantitative RT-PCR analysis of microRNAs and mRNAs in castor bean (Ricinus communis L.) under drought stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;106:101-7 pubmed publisher..Our analysis indicated that the Elongation factor 1-beta (EF1B), Protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) and ADP-ribosylation factor (ADP) ranked as the best candidates across diverse ..
- Sanfaçon H. Plant Translation Factors and Virus Resistance. Viruses. 2015;7:3392-419 pubmed publisher..following the characterization of other plant translation factors (eIF4A-like helicases, eIF3, eEF1A and eEF1B) that specifically interact with viral RNAs and proteins and regulate various aspects of the infection cycle...
- Takai K, Hisamatsu K. SfiNX: a method for assembly of protein coding sequences with high success rates. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:773-8 pubmed publisher..The three wheat eEF1B subunit genes inserted between the NdeI and XhoI sites of pET-22b were transferred to the SfiI-containing plasmid ..
- Luan H, Shine M, Cui X, Chen X, Ma N, Kachroo P, et al. The Potyviral P3 Protein Targets Eukaryotic Elongation Factor 1A to Promote the Unfolded Protein Response and Viral Pathogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:221-34 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of genes encoding the eEF1B isoform, which is important for eEF1A function in translation elongation, has similar effects on UPR and SMV ..
- Cans C, Passer B, Shalak V, Nancy Portebois V, Crible V, Amzallag N, et al. Translationally controlled tumor protein acts as a guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor on the translation elongation factor eEF1A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13892-7 pubmed..These data suggest that TCTP has guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor activity, and, moreover, implicate TCTP in the elongation step of protein synthesis. ..
- Bohnsack M, Regener K, Schwappach B, Saffrich R, Paraskeva E, Hartmann E, et al. Exp5 exports eEF1A via tRNA from nuclei and synergizes with other transport pathways to confine translation to the cytoplasm. EMBO J. 2002;21:6205-15 pubmed..translation initiation factors (eIF2, eIF2B, eIF3, eIF4A1, eIF5 and eIF5B), all three elongation factors (eEF1A, eEF1B and eEF2) and the termination factor eRF1 are strictly excluded from nuclei...
- von Der Kammer H, Klaudiny J, Zimmer M, Scheit K. Human elongation factor 1 beta: cDNA and derived amino acid sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:312-7 pubmed..amino acid sequence, corresponding to a protein of 225 amino acids, shows a high degree of homology to elongation factor 1 beta (EF-1 beta) of Artemia salina (57%) and known peptide sequences of Xenopus laevis EF-1 beta (86%)...
- Wu H, Gong W, Yao X, Wang J, Perrett S, Feng Y. Evolutionarily conserved binding of translationally controlled tumor protein to eukaryotic elongation factor 1B. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:8694-710 pubmed publisher..Human TCTP interacts with the metazoan-specific eukaryotic elongation factor 1BÎ´ (eEF1BÎ´) and inhibits its guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) activity, but the structural mechanism remains ..
- Cho D, Oak M, Yang H, Choi H, Janssen G, Kim K. Direct and biochemical interaction between dopamine D3 receptor and elongation factor-1Bbetagamma. Life Sci. 2003;73:2991-3004 pubmed..The beta subunit of eEF1B (eEF1Bbeta), which forms a tight complex with eEF1Bgamma, was phosphorylated on serine residues in response to the ..
- Sang Lee J, Gyu Park S, Park H, Seol W, Lee S, Kim S. Interaction network of human aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and subunits of elongation factor 1 complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;291:158-64 pubmed..These data suggest that a systematic interaction network may exist between mammalian ARSs and EF-1 subunits probably to enhance the efficiency of in vivo protein synthesis. ..
- Cao Y, Portela M, Janikiewicz J, Doig J, Abbott C. Characterisation of translation elongation factor eEF1B subunit expression in mammalian cells and tissues and co-localisation with eEF1A2. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114117 pubmed publisher..The GTP exchange factor for eEF1A1 is a complex called eEF1B made up of subunits eEF1BÎ±, eEF1BÎ´ and eEF1BÎ³...
- Ito T, Marintchev A, Wagner G. Solution structure of human initiation factor eIF2alpha reveals homology to the elongation factor eEF1B. Structure. 2004;12:1693-704 pubmed..It further indicates a previously unrecognized evolutionary lineage of eIF2alpha/gamma from the functionally related elongation factor eEF1Balpha/eEF1A complex. ..
- Chen C, Traugh J. Expression of recombinant elongation factor 1 beta from rabbit in Escherichia coli. Phosphorylation by casein kinase II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1264:303-11 pubmed..A. (1994) Biochemistry, 8515-8520). In contrast, purified recombinant EF-1 beta was highly and specifically phosphorylated by casein kinase II; GDP and polylysine had little effect on the rate of phosphorylation of the purified subunit. ..
- Motorin YuA -, Wolfson A, Orlovsky A, Gladilin K. Mammalian valyl-tRNA synthetase forms a complex with the first elongation factor. FEBS Lett. 1988;238:262-4 pubmed..The complex of valyl-tRNA synthetase with eEF-1H is suggested to be a novel form of the first elongation factor. ..
- Sanders J, Maassen J, Amons R, Moller W. Nucleotide sequence of human elongation factor-1 beta cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4551 pubmed
- Perez J, Siegal G, Kriek J, Hård K, Dijk J, Canters G, et al. The solution structure of the guanine nucleotide exchange domain of human elongation factor 1beta reveals a striking resemblance to that of EF-Ts from Escherichia coli. Structure. 1999;7:217-26 pubmed..In particular, Tyr181 of hEF-1beta[135-224] appears to be analogous to Phe81 of Escherichia coli EF-Ts. ..
- Behar G, Coleclough C, Houlgatte R, Auffray C, Lefkovits I. Human lymphocyte cDNA ordered library analyzed by 2D gel electrophoresis. 3. Analysis of individual clones. Appl Theor Electrophor. 1995;5:99-105 pubmed..Details on two such clones are reported; clone CEM1001 is a new gene, while clone CEM1002 is a gene for human elongation factor 1-beta. ..
- Byun H, Han N, Lee H, Kim K, Ko Y, Yoon G, et al. Cathepsin D and eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 as promising markers of cellular senescence. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4638-47 pubmed publisher..with up-regulation of cathepsin D (CD) and down-regulation of eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1beta2 (eEF1B2), as confirmed by Western blot...
- Bec G, Kerjan P, Zha X, Waller J. Valyl-tRNA synthetase from rabbit liver. I. Purification as a heterotypic complex in association with elongation factor 1. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:21131-7 pubmed..Wolfson, A., Orlovsky, A., and Gladilin, K. (1988) FEBS Lett. 238, 262-264), according to which the polypeptides other than that assigned to valyl-tRNA synthetase correspond to the subunits of Elongation Factor 1H. ..
- Sanders J, Brandsma M, Janssen G, Dijk J, Moller W. Immunofluorescence studies of human fibroblasts demonstrate the presence of the complex of elongation factor-1 beta gamma delta in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 5):1113-7 pubmed..The guanine nucleotide-binding subunit of EF-1, EF-1 alpha, shows a more diffuse distribution throughout the cytoplasm and is, in addition, associated with the nucleus. ..