Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EBI3
Description: Epstein-Barr virus induced 3
Alias: IL-27B, IL27B, EBV-induced gene 3 protein, Epstein-Barr virus induced gene 3, IL-27 subunit beta, IL27 subunit, IL35 subunit, cytokine receptor, epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 protein, interleukin-27 subunit beta
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- A novel interleukin-12 p40-related protein induced by latent Epstein-Barr virus infection in B lymphocytesO Devergne
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Virol 70:1143-53. 1996..EBI3 maps to chromosome 19p13.2/3, near genes encoding the erythropoietin receptor and the cytokine receptor-associated kinase, Tyk2...
- IL-27, a heterodimeric cytokine composed of EBI3 and p28 protein, induces proliferation of naive CD4+ T cellsStefan Pflanz
DNAX Research Institute, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Immunity 16:779-90. 2002..It also strongly synergizes with IL-12 to trigger IFN-gamma production of naive CD4(+) T cells. IL-27 mediates its biologic effects through the orphan cytokine receptor WSX-1/TCCR.
- Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 and the p35 subunit of interleukin 12 form a novel heterodimeric hematopoietinO Devergne
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12041-6. 1997The Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) is a novel soluble hematopoietin component related to the p40 subunit of interleukin 12 (IL-12)...
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection and expression of the interleukin-12 family member EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3) in chronic inflammatory bowel diseaseThomas Gehlert
Institute for Pathology, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
J Med Virol 73:432-8. 2004..Interestingly, expression levels of the EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3), a molecule belonging to the interleukin (IL)-12 family, have also been reported to be elevated in ulcerative ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor in the eyeI Grierson
Unit of Ophthalmology, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, L69 3GA, Liverpool, UK
Prog Retin Eye Res 19:779-802. 2000..Finally HGF/SF may be involved in the metastatic spread of tumour cells from uveal melanomata and in the formation of vascular channels in these tumours...
- Interleukin-1-induced ether-linked diglycerides inhibit calcium-insensitive protein kinase C isotypes. Implications for growth senescenceA Mandal
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4949, USA
J Biol Chem 272:20306-11. 1997..This signaling mechanism implicates cytokine receptor-induced ether-linked diglycerides as second messengers that inhibit the bioactivity of calcium-insensitive ..
- Hybrid tyrosine kinase/cytokine receptors transmit mitogenic signals in response to ligandR E Pacifici
Department of Molecular Biology, Amgen Inc, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, California 91320
J Biol Chem 269:1571-4. 1994..mitogenic signal transduction, much less is known about such mechanisms for members of the hematopoietic cytokine receptor family...
- Cytokine and cytokine receptor serum levels in adult bone sarcoma patients: correlations with local tumor extent and prognosisPiotr Rutkowski
Department of Soft Tissue Bone Sarcomas, M Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
J Surg Oncol 84:151-9. 2003....
- Cytokine receptor signal transduction mechanisms in immuno-hematopoietic cellsV Chiarugi
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Florence
Tumori 79:92-9. 1993Novel aspects of cytokine receptor signal transduction are discussed and cytokine receptors classified based on ligand-dependent signalling. An introductory section presents an overview of the role of cytokines in hematopoiesis...
- Characterization of the murine Mpl proto-oncogene, a member of the hematopoietic cytokine receptor family: molecular cloning, chromosomal location and evidence for a function in cell growthI Vigon
INSERM U363, ICGM, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Oncogene 8:2607-15. 1993..leukemia virus (MPLV) encodes a truncated form of a putative receptor protein that belongs to the cytokine receptor superfamily. We previously reported the cloning of complete human c-MPL cDNA...
- MAPPIT: a cytokine receptor-based two-hybrid method in mammalian cellsJ Tavernier
VIB09 Department of Medical Protein Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Biochemistry, Ghent University, Ghent Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1397-404. 2002....
- The murine interleukin-3 receptor alpha subunit gene: chromosomal localization, genomic structure, and promoter functionI Miyajima
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto
Blood 85:1246-53. 1995The interleukin-3 receptor (IL-3R) is composed of alpha and beta subunits, members of the class I cytokine receptor family...
- Associations between cytokine/cytokine receptor single nucleotide polymorphisms and humoral immunity to measles, mumps and rubella in a Somali populationN Dhiman
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Tissue Antigens 72:211-20. 2008We genotyped a Somali population (n = 85; age < or =30 years) for 617 cytokine and cytokine receptor single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) using Illumina GoldenGate genotyping to determine associations with measles, mumps and rubella ..
- Cancer chemoprevention by tea polyphenols through modulating signal transduction pathwaysJen Kun Lin
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Arch Pharm Res 25:561-71. 2002..The suppression of various tumor biomarkers including growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases, cytokine receptor kinases, PI3K, phosphatases, ras, raf, MAPK cascades, N x FB, I x B kinase, PKA, PKB, PKC, c-jun, c-fos, c-..
- A role for leptin and its cognate receptor in hematopoiesisB D Bennett
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 460 Point San Bruno Blvd, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Curr Biol 6:1170-80. 1996..In this study, we have undertaken a search for novel cytokines that may influence the fate of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Prolactin modulates phosphorylation, signaling and trafficking of epidermal growth factor receptor in human T47D breast cancer cellsY Huang
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0012, USA
Oncogene 25:7565-76. 2006..lactation and other biological effects by interacting with the PRL receptor, a Janus kinase (JAK)2-coupled cytokine receptor family member, and activating downstream signal pathways...
- Tocilizumab: an interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritisSusyn L Plushner
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Rheumatology and Therapeutic Initiatives, 2045 Franklin St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1660-8. 2008To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical trial data, and safety profile of tocilizumab, a new biologic agent targeting the interleukin-6 cytokine receptor.
- Preclinical results of sirolimus treatment in transplant modelsS M Stepkowski
Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transplant Proc 35:219S-226S. 2003..Signal 3 (cytokine/cytokine receptor) initiate cell division and differentiation in the late G(1)/S phase...
- Heterogeneous expression of interleukin-18 and its receptor in B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders deriving from naive, germinal center, and memory B lymphocytesIrma Airoldi
Laboratories of Oncology and Pathology, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy, and Laboratory of Pathology, St Andrea Hospital, La Spezia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:144-54. 2004Dysregulated cytokine/cytokine receptor expression may occur in B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders. Little information is available on interleukin-18 receptor (IL-18R) and IL-18 expression in normal and malignant B cells...
- Growth hormone and prolactin stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1, -2, and -3, their association with p85 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase), and concomitantly PI3-kinase activation via JAK2 kinaseT Yamauchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:15719-26. 1998Growth hormone (GH) and prolactin (PRL) binding to their receptors, which belong to the cytokine receptor superfamily, activate Janus kinase (JAK) 2 tyrosine kinase, thereby leading to their biological actions...
- Determinants of growth hormone receptor down-regulationLuqin Deng
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1537-51. 2007GH receptor (GHR) is a cytokine receptor family member that responds to GH by activation of the receptor-associated tyrosine kinase, JAK2 (Janus family of tyrosine kinase 2)...
- The essential role of p53 in hyperpigmentation of the skin via regulation of paracrine melanogenic cytokine receptor signalingDaiki Murase
Kao Biological Science Laboratories, Haga, Tochigi 321 3497, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:4343-53. 2009..including sun exposure, inflammation, and aging, this finding led us to examine the involvement of p53 in cytokine receptor signaling, which might result in skin hyperpigmentation...
- Signal transduction for interleukin-3-dependent leukotriene synthesis in normal human basophils: opposing role of tyrosine kinase and protein kinaseM Krieger
Institute of Clinical Immunology, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 22:2907-13. 1992..In addition, the signal transduction mechanisms utilized by the cytokine receptor family are still poorly understood...
- Endogenous ciliary neurotrophic factor protects GABAergic, but not cholinergic, septohippocampal neurons following fimbria-fornix transectionThomas Naumann
Institute of Anatomy, University of Freiburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 13:309-21. 2003..In addition, we studied the cellular expression of CNTF, LIF and related cytokine receptor components in the septal complex following lesion...
- Human interleukin-3 (IL-3) induces disulfide-linked IL-3 receptor alpha- and beta-chain heterodimerization, which is required for receptor activation but not high-affinity bindingF C Stomski
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Mol Cell Biol 16:3035-46. 1996..These receptors belong to the cytokine receptor superfamily, but they are structurally and functionally more related to each other and thus make up a ..
- TGF-beta is a bidirectional modulator of cytokine receptor expression on murine bone marrow cells. Differential effects of TGF-beta 1 and TGF-beta 3S E Jacobsen
Laboratory of Leukocyte Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 151:4534-44. 1993..Therefore, the ability of TGF-beta to modulate the CSF receptor density/cell and/or the actual number of progenitors expressing CSF receptors directly correlates with the multifunctional effects of TGF-beta in hematopoiesis...
- Expression of a homodimeric type I cytokine receptor is required for JAK2V617F-mediated transformationXiaohui Lu
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and the Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18962-7. 2005..Here, we show that coexpression of the JAK2V617F mutant kinase with a homodimeric Type I cytokine receptor, the erythropoietin receptor (EpoR), the thrombopoietin receptor, or the granulocyte colony-stimulating-..
- Cloning of a type I cytokine receptor most related to the IL-2 receptor beta chainK Ozaki
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1674, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:11439-44. 2000We have identified a type I cytokine receptor, which we have termed novel interleukin receptor (NILR), that is most related to the IL-2 receptor beta chain (IL-2Rbeta) and physically adjacent to the IL-4 receptor alpha chain gene on ..
- Human leukocyte antigen and cytokine receptor gene polymorphisms associated with heterogeneous immune responses to mumps viral vaccineInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Pediatrics 121:e1091-9. 2008..We set out to assess whether HLA and cytokine gene polymorphisms are associated with variations in the immune response to mumps viral vaccine...
- Mutations in cytokine receptor-like factor 1 (CRLF1) account for both Crisponi and cold-induced sweating syndromesN Dagoneau
Department of Genetics and INSERM U781, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 80:966-70. 2007..factor receptor gene in Crisponi syndrome and the identification of homozygote or compound heterozygote cytokine receptor-like factor 1 (CRLF1) mutations in four children from three unrelated families...
- Th17 T cells: linking innate and adaptive immunityBrigitta Stockinger
Division of Molecular Immunology, The MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Semin Immunol 19:353-61. 2007..Herpesvirus Saimiri encodes a new cytokine, IL-17, which binds to a novel cytokine receptor. Immunity 1995;3(6):811-21; Kennedy J, Rossi DL, Zurawski SM, Vega Jr F, Kastelein RA, Wagner JL, et al...
- Effects of in vivo exposure to bis(tri-n-butyltin)oxide, hexachlorobenzene, and benzo(a)pyrene on cytokine (receptor) mRNA levels in cultured rat splenocytes and on IL-2 receptor protein levelsR J Vandebriel
Laboratory for Pathology and Immunobiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 148:126-36. 1998....
- In vivo expression of cytokine receptor mRNA in atopic dermatitisR A Taha
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 102:245-50. 1998..Chronic lesions are rich in eosinophils and monocyte/macrophages and contain a greater number of IL-5, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), and IL-12 (p40) mRNA-positive cells...
- A functional interleukin 12 receptor complex is composed of two beta-type cytokine receptor subunitsD H Presky
Department of Inflammation Autoimmune Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:14002-7. 1996..This newly identified huIL-12R subunit is a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily, with closest resemblance to the beta-type cytokine receptor gp130 and the receptors for ..
- SNP/haplotype associations in cytokine and cytokine receptor genes and immunity to rubella vaccineNeelam Dhiman
Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Immunogenetics 62:197-210. 2010..Identification of such "genetic fingerprints" may predict the outcome of vaccine response and inform new vaccine strategies...
- Cytokines, acute-phase proteins, and hormones: IL-1 and TNF-alpha production in contact-mediated activation of monocytes by T lymphocytesDanielle Burger
Division of Immunology and Allergy Hans Wilsdorf Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:464-73. 2002..taking into account the levels of other synergistic cytokines, of their respective inhibitors, and of each cytokine receptor. Due to their potent activities in many different processes (including cell growth and differentiation, ..
- Differentiation induced by the c-Mpl cytokine receptor is blocked by mutant Shc adaptor proteinR J Hill
Department of Hematology, SUGEN, Inc, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:1125-34. 1996c-Mpl, a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily, induces both proliferative and differentiation responses when stimulated with its ligand thrombopoietin (TPO)...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced liver apoptosis is increased in interleukin-10 knockout miceJian Zhong
Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky Medical Center, MN649 0298, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1762:468-77. 2006..In addition, pro-inflammatory cytokine receptor mRNA levels (TNF-alpha, TGF-beta, and IL-1 beta) were markedly up-regulated by LPS at all time points in IL-..
- Synergistic growth of stem cell factor and granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor involves kinase-dependent and -independent contributions from c-KitJohan Lennartsson
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44544-53. 2004..SCF also synergizes with a variety of growth factors, including those binding members of the cytokine receptor superfamily. The mechanisms mediating this synergy remain to be defined...
- Immune regulation at the interface during early steps of murine implantation: involvement of two new cytokines of the IL-12 family (IL-23 and IL-27) and of TWEAKAnne Elisabeth Mas
Unité 782 INSERM, Hôpital Antoine Béclére AP HP 92141 Clamart, France
Am J Reprod Immunol 59:323-38. 2008..We therefore searched for regulators of the IL-12/IL-18 family of cytokines as well as for antagonist(s) of TNF with potentially selective effects on implantation...
- Deficiency in EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3) in MRL/lpr mice results in pathological alteration of autoimmune glomerulonephritis and sialadenitisTakashi Igawa
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 19:33-41. 2009..the role of IL-27 in the development of autoimmune disorders in MRL/lpr mice, we disrupted the EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3), which is a subunit of IL-27...
- Expression analysis and characterization of alternatively spliced transcripts of human IL-7Ralpha chain encoding two truncated receptor proteins in relapsed childhood allA Korte
Department of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Charite Medical Center, Campus Virchow, Germany
Cytokine 12:1597-608. 2000..The splicing-derived cytokine receptor protein isoforms are mostly soluble receptors or show alterations in their cytoplasmic domain...
- CYRL, a novel cytokine receptor-like protein expressed in testis, lung, and spleenS L Chritton
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02114, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267:697-702. 2000..of a rat brain cDNA transcript with significant homology to IL-3Ralpha, which we have termed CYRL, for CYtokine Receptor-Like protein...
- A novel type I cytokine receptor is expressed on monocytes, signals proliferation, and activates STAT-3 and STAT-5Nico Ghilardi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16831-6. 2002Here we report the cloning of a novel type I cytokine receptor, gp130-like monocyte receptor (GLM-R), with homology to the interleukin-6 receptor signal transducing chain, gp130, and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor...
- A cytokine receptor gene cluster in the X-Y pseudoautosomal region?E Kremer
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, Australia
Blood 82:22-8. 1993..Using long-range restriction mapping we have found that IL3RA maps to the same 190-kb restriction fragment as CSF2RA, suggesting that a cytokine receptor gene cluster may reside in the PAR.
- Comparative study on the expression of cytokine--receptor genes in normal and preeclamptic human placentas using DNA microarraysZhan Jun Pang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nanfang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou, China
J Perinat Med 31:153-62. 2003..To study the relationship between the expression levels of cytokine/receptor genes in placenta and the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia...
- Cold-induced sweating syndrome with neonatal features of Crisponi syndrome: longitudinal observation of a patient homozygous for a CRLF1 mutationMasanori Yamazaki
Department of Aging Medicine and Geriatrics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 152:764-9. 2010Cold-induced sweating syndrome (CISS) is a rare autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutations in CRLF1 (cytokine receptor-like factor 1), characterized by profuse sweating in cold environmental temperature and craniofacial and ..
- Analysis of interleukin receptor gene expression in mouse fetal liver by quantitative polymerase chain reactionG Q Jia
Center for Blood Research, Inc, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Immunol 25:2096-100. 1995..sensitive polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based method for the quantification of low-abundance RNA for mouse cytokine receptor genes...
- Interleukin-2 induces NF-kappaB activation through BCL10 and affects its subcellular localization in natural killer lymphoma cellsKa Kui Chan
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Pathol 221:164-74. 2010..We also found that BCL10, a key mediator of NF-kappaB signalling, participates in the cytokine receptor-induced activation of NF-kappaB...
- Molecular cloning of a human novel type I cytokine receptor related to delta1/TSLPRY Tonozuka
Division of Hematopoietic Factors, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:23-5. 2001In a search for a human sequence related to a recently identified type I cytokine receptor delta1, which turned out to be a receptor subunit for a cytokine called TSLP, we have now identified a novel human type I cytokine receptor from a ..
- A novel type-1 cytokine receptor from fish involved in the Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (Jak/STAT) signal pathwayMudjekeewis D Santos
Laboratory of Genome Science, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Konan 4 5 7 Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
Mol Immunol 44:3355-63. 2007..Here we report a novel cytokine receptor termed Japanese flounder glycoprotein 130 homologue or JfGPH, exhibiting the unique type I cytokine receptor ..
- NMR backbone dynamics of the human type I interferon binding subunit, a representative cytokine receptorJordan H Chill
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochemistry 43:10127-37. 2004..As the first cytokine receptor structure determined in the unliganded state and in solution, IFNAR2-EC offers an opportunity to ..
- RANKL in human periapical granuloma: possible involvement in periapical bone destructionR Vernal
Periodontal Biology Laboratory, Dentistry Faculty, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Oral Dis 12:283-9. 2006The cytokine receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB-ligand (RANKL) has been involved in both the physiological and pathological regulation of osteoclast life span and bone metabolism...
- Associations between measles vaccine immunity and single-nucleotide polymorphisms in cytokine and cytokine receptor genesNeelam Dhiman
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Infect Dis 195:21-9. 2007..Cytokines are key regulators of measles vaccine humoral and cellular immunity. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that are associated with differences in cytokine levels should also influence measles vaccine-induced immunity...
- Growth hormone receptor interaction with Jak proteins differs between tissuesG Hellgren
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Interferon Cytokine Res 21:75-83. 2001Janus kinases (Jak) play an important role in the initial steps of cytokine receptor signaling. The specificity of the four members of the Jak family (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) for different cytokine receptors is not fully understood...
- Differential expression of various cytokine receptors in the brain after stimulation with LPS in young and old miceMasanori Utsuyama
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Aging and Developmental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Exp Gerontol 37:411-20. 2002..Similar enhancement of cytokine receptor mRNA was also observed in the brain after LPS stimulation, but the magnitude varied according to the type of ..
- Flow cytometric analysis of cytokine receptor signal transductionSubburaj Ilangumaran
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
J Immunol Methods 278:221-34. 2003..Western blot detection of tyrosine phosphorylated STAT molecules is widely used as a hallmark of cytokine receptor activation...
- Pim1 permits generation and survival of CD4+ T cells in the absence of γc cytokine receptor signalingBrett A Linowes
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA Division of Graduate Medical Sciences, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Immunol 43:2283-94. 2013Chain (γc) cytokine receptor signaling is required for the development of all lymphocytes...
- Regulation of cytokine receptor signaling by SOCS1Subburaj Ilangumaran
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Immunol Rev 192:196-211. 2003..of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family of proteins is a novel class of negative feedback regulators of cytokine receptor signaling...
- Interleukin 27 inhibits atherosclerosis via immunoregulation of macrophages in miceTetsuaki Hirase
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H420-9. 2013..is a member of the IL-12 family of cytokines that consists of IL-27p28 and Epstein-Barr virus induced gene 3 (EBI3) and has anti-inflammatory properties that regulate T cell polarization and cytokine production...
- Molecular basis of the cell specificity of cytokine actionKatsuhiko Ishihara
Department of Molecular Oncology C7, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1592:281-96. 2002..These features have been ascribed to the composition of cytokine receptor complexes, which include a signal-transducing receptor subunit that is used by all members of a cytokine ..
- The kinase inhibitor tofacitinib in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: latest findings and clinical potentialMaurizio Cutolo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genova Italy, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, 16132 Genova, Italy
Ther Adv Musculoskelet Dis 5:3-11. 2013..In particular, JAK3 is the only JAK family member that associates with just one cytokine receptor, the common gamma chain, which is exclusively used by the receptors for IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, IL-15 and IL-..
- The role of prolactin receptor in GH signaling in breast cancer cellsJie Xu
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:266-79. 2013..Their receptors (GHR and PRLR) reside in the cytokine receptor superfamily and share signaling pathways. In humans, GH binds both GHR and PRLR, whereas PRL binds only PRLR...
- Replication of associations between cytokine and cytokine receptor single nucleotide polymorphisms and measles-specific adaptive immunophenotypic extremesSarah J White
Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Immunol 73:636-40. 2012Our objective was to replicate previously reported associations between cytokine and cytokine receptor SNPs and humoral and CMI (cell-mediated immune) responses to measles vaccine...
- An interleukin-6 receptor-dependent molecular switch mediates signal transduction of the IL-27 cytokine subunit p28 (IL-30) via a gp130 protein receptor homodimerChristoph Garbers
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:4346-54. 2013IL-27 consists of the cytokine subunit p28 and the non-signaling α-receptor EBI3. p28 was shown to additionally act via the non-signaling membrane-bound IL-6 α-receptor (IL-6R) as an agonistic cytokine but also as a gp130 β-receptor ..
- Impact of cytokine and cytokine receptor gene polymorphisms on cellular immunity after smallpox vaccinationInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gene 510:59-65. 2012We explored associations between SNPs in cytokine/cytokine receptor genes and cellular immunity in subjects following primary smallpox vaccination...
- The effect of T1 and T2 cytokines on the cytotoxic T cell response to mannan-MUC1C J Lees
Austin Research Institute, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Vic 3084 Australia
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:644-52. 2000..Tumour challenges using MUC1(+) P815 cells, demonstrated that the addition of cytokines had little additive effect on the already effective tumour-regression capabilities of M-FP alone...
- IL-27 production and STAT3-dependent upregulation of B7-H1 mediate immune regulatory functions of liver plasmacytoid dendritic cellsBenjamin M Matta
Starzl Transplantation Institute and Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Immunol 188:5227-37. 2012..In this study, we show that mouse liver pDCs express higher levels of IL-27p28 and EBV-induced protein 3 (Ebi3) compared with those of splenic pDCs...
- Chemotactic cytokine receptor 5 gene polymorphism: relevance to microvascular complications in type 2 diabetesMonika Buraczynska
Laboratory for DNA Analysis and Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Nephrology, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Cytokine 58:213-7. 2012We investigated the involvement of chemotactic cytokine receptor 5 (CCR5) gene polymorphism in microvascular complications of T2DM. All subjects were genotyped with the 59029 SNP in the CCR5 gene...
- Effects on apoptosis and cell cycle arrest contribute to the antitumor responses of interleukin-27 mediated by retrovirus in human pancreatic carcinoma cellsLihua Liu
Research Center, Department of Clinical Cell Therapy, the Fourth Hospital of Hebei Medical University and Hebei Cancer Institute, Shijiazhuang 050011, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1497-503. 2012Interleukin (IL)-27, composed of p28 and Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) subunits, has diverse functions in regulating immune systems...
- Genetic resistance to JAK2 enzymatic inhibitors is overcome by HSP90 inhibitionOliver Weigert
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 209:259-73. 2012..myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs), B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL) with rearrangements of the cytokine receptor subunit cytokine receptor-like factor 2 (CRLF2), and other tumors with constitutive JAK2 signaling...
- The RANKL distal control region is required for the increase in RANKL expression, but not the bone loss, associated with hyperparathyroidism or lactation in adult miceMelda Onal
Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Mol Endocrinol 26:341-8. 2012Osteoclast-mediated bone resorption plays an essential role in calcium homeostasis and lactation. The cytokine receptor activator of nuclear factor κB ligand (RANKL) is one of a number of factors that controls the production, survival, ..
- Cell therapy with autologous tolerogenic dendritic cells induces allograft tolerance through interferon-gamma and epstein-barr virus-induced gene 3M Hill
INSERM, UMR 643, Nantes, France
Am J Transplant 11:2036-45. 2011..ATDCs expressed the cytokinic chain Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3), an IL-12 family member...
- Cytokine and cytokine receptor single-nucleotide polymorphisms predict risk for non-small cell lung cancer among womenAlison L Van Dyke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1829-40. 2009..study on 198 African-American and 744 Caucasian women, we examined the association between 70 cytokine and cytokine receptor single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and risk of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Point mutation of tyrosine 759 of the IL-6 family cytokine receptor, gp130, augments collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1J miceFumio Tsuji
Research and Development Center, Santen Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ikoma shi, Nara, Japan
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:23. 2009..We conducted a detailed analysis of collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) in gp130F759 with a DBA/1J background (D/J.gp130F759)...
- Raised expression of cytokine receptor gp130 subunit on peripheral lymphocytes of patients with active lupus. A useful tool for monitoring the disease activity?M de la Torre
Nephrology Service, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Spain
Lupus 18:216-22. 2009..75. In conclusion, there is an altered expression of gp130 in the patients with SLE. The disease activity as well as immunotherapy seems to influence the pattern of expression of gp130 on B-cell subsets in patients with SLE...
- EBI3 deficiency leads to diminished T helper type 1 and increased T helper type 2 mediated airway inflammationElif Dokmeci
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Pulmonology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Immunology 132:559-66. 2011..A critical role for Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) in these responses has been proposed...
- Growth hormone signaling in human T47D breast cancer cells: potential role for a growth hormone receptor-prolactin receptor complexJie Xu
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:597-610. 2011GH receptor (GHR) and prolactin (PRL) receptor (PRLR) are structurally similar cytokine receptor superfamily members that are highly conserved among species...
- Impact of immunogenetic polymorphisms in bone marrow failure syndromesB Serio
Hematology Branch, School of Medicine, University of Salerno, Italy
Mini Rev Med Chem 11:544-52. 2011....
- Human CD4+ CD25+ Foxp3+ regulatory T cells do not constitutively express IL-35Emilie Bardel
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8147, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Immunol 181:6898-905. 2008EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3) can associate with p28 to form the heterodimeric cytokine IL-27, or with the p35 subunit of IL-12 to form the EBI3/p35 heterodimer, recently named IL-35...
- RNF41 (Nrdp1) controls type 1 cytokine receptor degradation and ectodomain sheddingJoris Wauman
Department of Medical Protein Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Ghent University, Albert Baertsoenkaai 3, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Cell Sci 124:921-32. 2011..finger protein 41 (RNF41, also known as E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Nrdp1) interacts with JAK2-associated cytokine receptor complexes and modulates their cell surface exposure and signalling...
- Unusual water-mediated antigenic recognition of the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-18Maria A Argiriadi
Department of Biochemistry, Abbott Laboratories, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24478-89. 2009..Thus, counterintuitively, tight and specific antibody binding may in some cases be water-mediated...
- Associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes in cytokine and cytokine receptor genes and immunity to measles vaccinationIana H Haralambieva
Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Vaccine 29:7883-95. 2011..We performed a comprehensive candidate gene association study across 801 genetic markers in 56 cytokine/cytokine receptor genes, in a racially diverse cohort of 745 schoolchildren after two doses of MMR vaccine...
- Rationalizing 5000-fold differences in receptor-binding rate constants of four cytokinesXiaodong Pang
Department of Physics and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
Biophys J 101:1175-83. 2011..Together these results suggest that protein charges can be manipulated to tune k(a) and control biological function...
- Molecular identification of duck and quail common cytokine receptor γ chain genesJipseol Jeong
College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Life Science, Gyeongsang National University, 900 Gajwa dong, Jinju, Gyeongnam 660 701, Republic of Korea
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 140:159-65. 2011Common cytokine receptor γ chain (γ(c)) family cytokines play crucial roles in the regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses. Unlike mammals, chickens possess two different γ(c) transcripts...
- Down syndrome acute lymphoblastic leukemia, a highly heterogeneous disease in which aberrant expression of CRLF2 is associated with mutated JAK2: a report from the International BFM Study GroupLibi Hertzberg
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 115:1006-17. 2010..Nevertheless, 62% (33/53) of the DS-ALL samples analyzed were characterized by high expression of the type I cytokine receptor CRLF2 caused by either immunoglobulin heavy locus (IgH@) translocations or by interstitial deletions ..
- Bone density and hyperlipidemia: the T-lymphocyte connectionLucia S Graham
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:2460-9. 2010..Together these findings suggest that T-lymphocytes play a key role in the osteoclastogenesis induced by a high-fat diet and may contribute to the bone loss associated with diet-induced osteopenia...
- The IL-27 p28 subunit binds cytokine-like factor 1 to form a cytokine regulating NK and T cell activities requiring IL-6R for signalingSandrine Crabé
Departement de Pharmacologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Immunol 183:7692-702. 2009IL-27 is formed by the association of a cytokine subunit, p28, with the soluble cytokine receptor EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3). The IL-27R comprises gp130 and WSX-1...
- The SOCS2 ubiquitin ligase complex regulates growth hormone receptor levelsMattias Vesterlund
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e25358. 2011..GH actions are mediated by the Growth Hormone Receptor; a member of the cytokine receptor super family that signals chiefly through the JAK2/STAT5 pathway...
- Molecular basis of cytokine receptor activationAngel F Lopez
The Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, Adelaide, SA, Australia
IUBMB Life 62:509-18. 2010..diseases and a number of haematological malignancies are driven by deregulated GM-CSF, IL-3, or IL-5 cytokine receptor signaling, highlighting their importance in disease...
- Crystal structure of the entire ectodomain of gp130: insights into the molecular assembly of the tall cytokine receptor complexesYibin Xu
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:21214-8. 2010..9 A. This represents the first atomic resolution structure of the complete ectodomain of any "tall" cytokine receptor. These structures show that other than a reorientation of the D1 domain, there is little structural change ..
- Cytokine receptor-like factor 1 is highly expressed in damaged human knee osteoarthritic cartilage and involved in osteoarthritis downstream of TGF-betaKatsuki Tsuritani
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Calcif Tissue Int 86:47-57. 2010..A component of the complex, CRLF1, may be useful as a biomarker of OA; and the corresponding receptor is a potential new drug target for OA...
- DNA damage stress and inhibition of Jak2-V617F cause its degradation and synergistically induce apoptosis through activation of GSK3βToshikage Nagao
Department of Hematology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e27397. 2011The cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase Jak2 plays a crucial role in cytokine receptor signaling in hematopoietic cells...
- IL-27 inhibits hyperglycemia and pancreatic islet inflammation induced by streptozotocin in miceHirokazu Fujimoto
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, Japan
Am J Pathol 179:2327-36. 2011..IL-27, a cytokine consisting of IL-27p28 and Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3), binds a membrane-bound heterodimeric receptor consisting of the IL-27 receptor α chain (WSX-1) and gp130...
- In vivo analysis of Ifn-γ1 and Ifn-γ2 signaling in zebrafishDina Aggad
Dynamique des Interactions Membranaires Normales et Pathologiques, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 5235, Montpellier, France
J Immunol 185:6774-82. 2010The zebrafish genome contains a large number of genes encoding potential cytokine receptor genes as judged by homology to mammalian receptors...
- Variation in cytokine genes can contribute to severity of acetabular osteolysis and risk for revision in patients with ABG 1 total hip arthroplasty: a genetic association studyJiri Gallo
Department of Orthopaedics, Teaching Hospital and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc775 20, Czech Republic Laboratory of Immunogenomics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc 775 20, Czech Republic
BMC Med Genet 10:109. 2009..This may be driven by functional polymorphisms in the genes for cytokines and cytokine receptors involved in the development of osteolysis in THA, thereby having an effect on the individual's phenotype...
- Urinary evaluation of the balance between soluble interferon-gamma receptor (IFN-gammaR1) and interleukin-4 receptor (IL-4Ralpha)Yoshihiro Okamoto
Laboratory of Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiba Institute of Science, 3 Shiomi cho, Choshi, Chiba 288 0025, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1859-62. 2008..we determined the levels of both the soluble interferon-gamma receptor alpha chain (sIFN-gammaR1, Th1-type cytokine receptor) and the soluble interleukin 4-receptor alpha chain (sIL-4Ralpha, Th2-type cytokine receptor) in the urine ..
- Expression cloning of a human IL-12 receptor component. A new member of the cytokine receptor superfamily with strong homology to gp130A O Chua
Department of Inflammation Autoimmune Diseases, Roche Research Center, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110
J Immunol 153:128-36. 1994....
- Pro-inflammatory--anti-inflammatory cytokine dynamics mediated by cytokine-receptor dynamics in monocytesR M Seymour
Department of Mathematics, University College London, UK
IMA J Math Appl Med Biol 18:159-92. 2001..These behaviours depend crucially on the form of the cell's response functions. The possible biological implications of these phenomena are discussed...
- Circadian rhythms of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), cortisol, and melatonin in women with breast cancerE Haus
HealthPartners Regions Hospital University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
Chronobiol Int 18:709-27. 2001..Circadian rhythms in plasma concentrations of many hormones and cytokines determine their effects on target cells...
- PRL receptor-mediated effects in female mouse adipocytes: PRL induces suppressors of cytokine signaling expression and suppresses insulin-induced leptin production in adipocytes in vitroC Ling
Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Endocrinology 142:4880-90. 2001..The PRLR belongs to the cytokine receptor family, and a family of suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) was recently identified...
- Phase II, IL-1 Trap for Treatment of Familial Mediterranean FeverSteven J Spalding; Fiscal Year: 2010..They propose to use IL-1 Trap, a fusion protein consisting of human IL-1 cytokine receptor extracellular domains and the FC portion of human immunoglobulin G (lgG) that binds and neutralizes IL-1...
- Identification of Biofilm-Induced Staphylococcus aureus Cytokine ReceptorsARLENE HOOGEWERF; Fiscal Year: 2006..by flow cytometry; co-precipitation, proteomics, and transposon mutagenesis will be used to identify cytokine receptor genes. Transposon mutagenesis or allelic replacement will be used to prepare cytokine receptor mutants...
- Anti-Apoptotic Signaling by the IL-2/15 ReceptorSARAH GAFFEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, genetic deficiencies in certain cytokine receptor components cause several immunodeficiency and/or autoimmune syndromes...
- IL2 RECEPTORS--ANALYSIS OF ASSEMBLY AND SIGNALINGWarner Greene; Fiscal Year: 1999..chain and will explore at a molecular level both the extracellular and intracellular functions of this key cytokine receptor subunit...
- INTERLEUKIN 4 REGULATION OF LYMPHOCYTESMark R Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2010..whether or not a common set of signal transduction pathways recruited after T cell activation endows this cytokine receptor with each of its altered functional characteristics...
- INTERLEUKIN 4 REGULATION OF LYMPHOCYTESMark Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2004..To bypass these obstacles, we created a transgenic mouse model in which expression of a chimeric cytokine receptor was targeted to the T lymphoid lineage...
- Regenerative Adjuvant Therapy for Stress Urinary IncontinenceMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific projects to test stem cell homing as a possible adjuvant to rehabilitative treatments after polytrauma will be developed based on the outcome of the proposed work. ..
- GASTRIC CANCER INDUCED BY H PYLORI IN P27 DEFICIENT MICESteven Moss; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori virulence determinants and host factors, such as polymorphisms responsible for cytokine and cytokine receptor expression and activity...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS CYTOKINE RECEPTOR SIGNALINGStephanie Watowich; Fiscal Year: 2000..of this project are to define the role specific protein:protein oligomerization events play in activation of cytokine receptor signal transduction, and to determine the specificity of Jak and Stat signals in erythroid development...
- SRC-LIKE KINASES IN INTERLEUKIN-3 RECEPTOR SIGNALINGSteven Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..mitogenesis, but it is not understood how their activation is regulated or what role they play in cytokine receptor signaling...
- ANTIGEN-INDUCED B LYMPHOCYTE DEVELOPMENTDouglas Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2006..of SHP-1 in the germinal center B cell is required, and whether this permits signaling through a gamma-c cytokine receptor; 3) whether arrested terminal differentiation by BCL-6 is the basis for B cell memory; 4) whether signaling ..
- GENE EXPRESSION IN CTCL PATIENTS IN IL 12 CLINICAL TRIALLouise Showe; Fiscal Year: 2001..The applicant's preliminary studies of cytokine receptor gene expression (IL-12R and IFN-gamma R) in CTCL supports the relationship of SS cells to Th2 cells in six ..
- IMMUNOGENETIC MECHANISMS OF VACCINE RESPONSEGregory A Poland; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein messengers, and their receptors, in the immune response cascade, the role of cytokine and cytokine receptor gene polymorphisms will be a primary focus of this application, and we will focus on the influence of these ..
- MECHANISMS OF PULMONARY FIBROSIS CAUSED BY SILICAGerald Davis; Fiscal Year: 2003..macrophages and target lung fibroblast cell lines isolated from wild-type mice and mutant strains with cytokine receptor deletions...
- 3D Skin Model to Test Toxic and Sensitizing Potentials of Environmental ChemicalsAkira Takashima; Fiscal Year: 2010..expressing the DsRed gene under the control of Tfec (a transcription factor known to regulate cytokine and cytokine receptor gene expression)...
- MOLECULAR PATHWAYS IN MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISEASEGeorge Daley; Fiscal Year: 2002..mutations arise in post-receptor signaling proteins, deregulating mitogenic pathways normally controlled by cytokine receptor signal transduction...