Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EAP45
Description: vacuolar protein sorting 36 homolog
Alias: C13orf9, CGI-145, EAP45, vacuolar protein-sorting-associated protein 36, ELL-associated protein of 45 kDa, ESCRT-II complex subunit VPS36
- Worst T, Meyer Y, Gottschalt M, Weis C, von Hardenberg J, Frank C, et al. RAB27A, RAB27B and VPS36 are downregulated in advanced prostate cancer and show functional relevance in prostate cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:920-932 pubmed publisher..Changes in colony formation and particle release upon RNAi indicate an involvement in paracrine cell-cell communication. ..
- Slagsvold T, Aasland R, Hirano S, Bache K, Raiborg C, Trambaiolo D, et al. Eap45 in mammalian ESCRT-II binds ubiquitin via a phosphoinositide-interacting GLUE domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19600-6 pubmed..Surprisingly, the presumptive mammalian ortholog Eap45 lacks the ubiquitin-binding module of Vps36, and it is thus not clear whether mammalian ESCRT-II functions to bind ..
- Langelier C, von Schwedler U, Fisher R, De Domenico I, White P, Hill C, et al. Human ESCRT-II complex and its role in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 release. J Virol. 2006;80:9465-80 pubmed..Here, we report that the three subunits of human ESCRT-II, EAP20, EAP30, and EAP45, have a number of properties in common with their yeast orthologs...
- von Schwedler U, Stuchell M, Muller B, Ward D, Chung H, Morita E, et al. The protein network of HIV budding. Cell. 2003;114:701-13 pubmed..These studies define a protein network required for human MVB biogenesis and indicate that the entire network participates in the release of HIV and probably many other viruses. ..
- Gill D, Teo H, Sun J, Perisic O, Veprintsev D, Emr S, et al. Structural insight into the ESCRT-I/-II link and its role in MVB trafficking. EMBO J. 2007;26:600-12 pubmed..Mvb12 does not affect the affinity of ESCRT-I for ESCRT-II in vitro. Our data suggest a complex regulatory mechanism for the ESCRT-I/-II link in yeast. ..
- Wang T, Hong W. RILP interacts with VPS22 and VPS36 of ESCRT-II and regulates their membrane recruitment. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:413-23 pubmed..We propose that RILP-->ESCRT-II serves as a regulatory/feedback loop to govern the coordination of early and late parts of the endocytic pathway. ..
- Kamura T, Burian D, Khalili H, Schmidt S, Sato S, Liu W, et al. Cloning and characterization of ELL-associated proteins EAP45 and EAP20. a role for yeast EAP-like proteins in regulation of gene expression by glucose. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16528-33 pubmed..a component of a multiprotein complex containing ELL and three ELL-associated proteins (EAPs) of approximately 45 (EAP45), approximately 30 (EAP30), and approximately 20 (EAP20) kDa (Shilatifard, A. (1998) J. Biol. Chem...
- Wang H, Hsu Y, Guo C, Jane W, Wang H, Jiang L, et al. VPS36-Dependent Multivesicular Bodies Are Critical for Plasmamembrane Protein Turnover and Vacuolar Biogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:566-581 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that functional VPS36 is essential for a proper endosomal sorting pathway and for vacuolar biogenesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kumar B, Roy A, Veettil M, Chandran B. Insight into the Roles of E3 Ubiquitin Ligase c-Cbl, ESCRT Machinery, and Host Cell Signaling in Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Entry and Trafficking. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..the recruitment of the members of the host endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) Hrs, Tsg101, EAP45, and the CHMP5 and -6 proteins (zip code readers) recognizing the ubiquitinated protein and adaptor machinery to ..
- Alam S, Langelier C, Whitby F, Koirala S, Robinson H, Hill C, et al. Structural basis for ubiquitin recognition by the human ESCRT-II EAP45 GLUE domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:1029-30 pubmed..Crystallographic and biochemical analyses reveal that the GLUE domain of the human ESCRT-II EAP45 (also called VPS36) subunit is a split pleckstrin-homology domain that binds ubiquitin along one edge of the beta-..
- Martin Serrano J, Yarovoy A, Perez Caballero D, Bieniasz P, Yaravoy A. Divergent retroviral late-budding domains recruit vacuolar protein sorting factors by using alternative adaptor proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12414-9 pubmed
- Meng B, Ip N, Prestwood L, Abbink T, Lever A. Evidence that the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-II (ESCRT-II) is required for efficient human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) production. Retrovirology. 2015;12:72 pubmed publisher..using knockdown mediated by siRNA and shRNA, mutants which prevent ESCRT-I/ESCRT-II interaction and a CRISPR/Cas9 EAP45 knockout cell line...
- Im Y, Hurley J. Integrated structural model and membrane targeting mechanism of the human ESCRT-II complex. Dev Cell. 2008;14:902-13 pubmed publisher..ESCRT-II is targeted to endosomal membranes by the lipid-binding activities of both the Vps36 GLUE domain and the first helix of Vps22. These data provide a unifying structural and functional framework for the ESCRT-II complex. ..
- Saha N, Dutta S, Datta S, Sarkar S. The minimal ESCRT machinery of Giardia lamblia has altered inter-subunit interactions within the ESCRT-II and ESCRT-III complexes. Eur J Cell Biol. 2018;97:44-62 pubmed publisher..Interactions within the giardial ESCRT-III components also differ from those in yeast; while GlVps46a interacts preferentially with Vps24 compared to Vps2, GlVps46b, like the yeast orthologue, interacts with both. ..
- Kumar B, Dutta D, Iqbal J, Ansari M, Roy A, Chikoti L, et al. ESCRT-I Protein Tsg101 Plays a Role in the Post-macropinocytic Trafficking and Infection of Endothelial Cells by Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005960 pubmed publisher..p130Cas and Crk signal molecules, as well as with upstream and downstream ESCRT components such as Hrs (ESCRT-0), EAP45 (ESCRT-II), CHMP6 (ESCRT-III) and CHMP5 (ESCRT-III) in the KSHV infected cells...
- Medina G, Ehrlich L, Chen M, Khan M, Powell M, Carter C. Sprouty 2 binds ESCRT-II factor Eap20 and facilitates HIV-1 gag release. J Virol. 2011;85:7353-62 pubmed publisher..The results identify Spry2 as a novel cellular factor that facilitates release driven by the primary and secondary HIV-1 Gag L domains. ..
- Stuchell M, Garrus J, Muller B, Stray K, Ghaffarian S, McKinnon R, et al. The human endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT-I) and its role in HIV-1 budding. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36059-71 pubmed..Taken together, these experiments define new components of the human ESCRT-I complex and characterize several TSG101 protein/protein interactions required for HIV-1 budding and infectivity. ..