Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-cadherin
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: Arc-1, BCDS1, CD324, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM, UVO, cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, E-cadherin 1, cadherin 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), cadherin 1, type 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, epithelial, cell-CAM 120/80, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Ohkubo T, Ozawa M. p120(ctn) binds to the membrane-proximal region of the E-cadherin cytoplasmic domain and is involved in modulation of adhesion activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21409-15 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that p120(ctn) is a modulator of E-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion. ..
- Helwani F, Kovacs E, Paterson A, Verma S, Ali R, Fanning A, et al. Cortactin is necessary for E-cadherin-mediated contact formation and actin reorganization. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:899-910 pubmed..Together, our findings identify a necessary role for cortactin in the cadherin-actin cooperation that supports productive contact formation. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu X, Fan Y, Ding J, Xu A, Zhou X, et al. Germline mutations and polymorphic variants in MMR, E-cadherin and MYH genes associated with familial gastric cancer in Jiangsu of China. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:2592-6 pubmed..Leu390Phe. In summary, germline mutation at MSH2, MLH1, E-cadherin and MYH genes is a frequent event in the familial GC. They may form a genetic basis for the familial GC susceptibility in Chinese population. ..
- Fang G, Yu H, Kirschner M. Direct binding of CDC20 protein family members activates the anaphase-promoting complex in mitosis and G1. Mol Cell. 1998;2:163-71 pubmed..The hCDH1 protein level remains constant during the cell cycle and may target specific substrates lacking the D-box in G1, such as polo-like kinase, for ubiquitination. ..
- Sánchez Tilló E, Lazaro A, Torrent R, Cuatrecasas M, Vaquero E, Castells A, et al. ZEB1 represses E-cadherin and induces an EMT by recruiting the SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling protein BRG1. Oncogene. 2010;29:3490-500 pubmed publisher..Our results identify ZEB1/BRG1 as a new transcriptional mechanism regulating E-cadherin expression and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transdifferentiation that may be involved during the initial stages of tumor invasion. ..
- Rakha E, Patel A, Powe D, Benhasouna A, Green A, Lambros M, et al. Clinical and biological significance of E-cadherin protein expression in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010;34:1472-9 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin-positive ILCs (ILC+) were subsequently examined to assess the expression of component members of the E-cadherin membrane complex (E-cadherin, p120, ?, ?, and ?-catenins) to determine its integrity...
- Huber A, Weis W. The structure of the beta-catenin/E-cadherin complex and the molecular basis of diverse ligand recognition by beta-catenin. Cell. 2001;105:391-402 pubmed..APC contains sequences homologous to the phosphorylated region of cadherin, and is likely to bind similarly. ..
- Shibata T, Kokubu A, Sekine S, Kanai Y, Hirohashi S. Cytoplasmic p120ctn regulates the invasive phenotypes of E-cadherin-deficient breast cancer. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:2269-78 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that cytoplasmic p120ctn may contribute to the invasive phenotype of E-cadherin-deficient breast cancer cells. ..
- Saha B, Arase A, Imam S, Tsao Wei D, Naritoku W, Groshen S, et al. Overexpression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin proteins in metastatic prostate cancer cells in bone. Prostate. 2008;68:78-84 pubmed
- Knirsh R, Ben Dror I, Spangler B, Matthews G, Kuphal S, Bosserhoff A, et al. Loss of E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell contacts activates a novel mechanism for up-regulation of the proto-oncogene c-Jun. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2121-9 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism of c-Jun regulation seems to underlie the robust overexpression of c-Jun in tumor cells of patients with colon carcinoma. ..
- Yuan W, Chen Z, Wu S, Ge J, Chang S, Wang X, et al. Expression of EphA2 and E-cadherin in gastric cancer: correlated with tumor progression and lymphogenous metastasis. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:473-8 pubmed publisher..with the over-expression of erythropoietin-producing hepatocellular (Eph)A2 receptor and down-expression of epithelial cadherin (E-cadherin)...
- Aono S, Nakagawa S, Reynolds A, Takeichi M. p120(ctn) acts as an inhibitory regulator of cadherin function in colon carcinoma cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:551-62 pubmed..The NH2 terminus-deleted p120(ctn) appears to compete with the endogenous p120(ctn) to abolish the adhesion-blocking action. ..
- Li Z, Lin S, Liang Y. [Influence of E-cadherin promoter methylation and mutation of beta-catenin on invasion and metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2003;25:238-42 pubmed..It may be an early event in the carcinogenesis of NPC but have no significant role in invasion and metastasis and 3. High expression of beta-catenin, as one of NPC characteristics, is not a key factor for invasion or metastasis. ..
- Wang Y, Yang H, Li L, Wang H, Zhang C, Xia X. E-cadherin (CDH1) gene promoter polymorphism and the risk of colorectal cancer : a meta-analysis. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012;27:151-8 pubmed publisher..Recommendations for further studies include pooling of individual data to facilitate evaluation of multigenic effects and detailed analysis of effect modification by environmental and lifestyle factors. ..
- Schmeiser K, Grand R. The fate of E- and P-cadherin during the early stages of apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 1999;6:377-86 pubmed..We conclude that neither caspase-mediated degradation of cytoskeletal components nor disruption of adherens junction protein-protein interactions is required for morphological change. ..
- Avizienyte E, Wyke A, Jones R, McLean G, Westhoff M, Brunton V, et al. Src-induced de-regulation of E-cadherin in colon cancer cells requires integrin signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:632-8 pubmed
- Du G, Wang J, Lu J, Li Q, Ma C, Du J, et al. Expression of P-aPKC-iota, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin related to invasion and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:1578-86 pubmed publisher..In this regard, our study on HCC revealed the potential usefulness of aPKC-iota, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin as a prognostic marker, closely related to pathological differentiation, invasion, metastasis, and prognosis of HCC. ..
- Stenner M, Yosef B, Huebbers C, Preuss S, Dienes H, Speel E, et al. Nuclear translocation of ?-catenin and decreased expression of epithelial cadherin in human papillomavirus-positive tonsillar cancer: an early event in human papillomavirus-related tumour progression?. Histopathology. 2011;58:1117-26 pubmed publisher..and their respective lymph node metastases for their HPV status and for the expression of p16, epithelial cadherin (E-cadherin), ?-catenin, and vimentin...
- Yoon K, Ku J, Yang H, Kim W, Park S, Park J. Germline mutations of E-cadherin gene in Korean familial gastric cancer patients. J Hum Genet. 1999;44:177-80 pubmed..In summary, we found germline mutations of the E-cadherin gene in two of five Korean familial gastric cancer patients screened. ..
- Shieh Y, Chang L, Chiu K, Wu C, Lee H. Cadherin and catenin expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma: correlation with histopathologic grade, clinical stage, and patient outcome. J Oral Pathol Med. 2003;32:297-304 pubmed..The roles of cadherins and catenins in mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) are not fully understood...
- Sharma S, Lichtenstein A. Aberrant splicing of the E-cadherin transcript is a novel mechanism of gene silencing in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells. Blood. 2009;114:4179-85 pubmed publisher..Our data point to a novel mechanism of E-cadherin gene inactivation, with CLL cells displaying a higher proportion of aberrant nonfunctional transcripts and resulting up-regulation of the wnt-beta-catenin pathway...
- Miao Y, Liu N, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Yu J, Dai S, et al. p120ctn isoform 1 expression significantly correlates with abnormal expression of E-cadherin and poor survival of lung cancer patients. Med Oncol. 2010;27:880-6 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of p120ctn isoform 1 positively correlated with poor prognosis of lung cancer patients, and therefore may be a useful marker of lung cancer patient survival. ..
- Uchikado Y, Natsugoe S, Okumura H, Setoyama T, Matsumoto M, Ishigami S, et al. Slug Expression in the E-cadherin preserved tumors is related to prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:1174-80 pubmed..Evaluation of not only the expression of E-cadherin but also the co-expression of E-cadherin and Slug in preserved E-cadherin group is useful for predicting malignant properties of ESCC. ..
- Gao L, Nieters A, Brenner H. Meta-analysis: tumour invasion-related genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibility. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008;28:565-73 pubmed publisher..However, differences between populations and stages of cancer need to be taken into account and may explain some of the inconsistencies found in previous studies. ..
- Suriano G, Seixas S, Rocha J, Seruca R. A model to infer the pathogenic significance of CDH1 germline missense variants. J Mol Med (Berl). 2006;84:1023-31 pubmed..The model described in this study provides an important tool that can ultimately improve the genetic counseling offered to the carriers of the germline CDH1 missense variants. ..
- Zeng X, Sigoillot F, Gaur S, Choi S, Pfaff K, Oh D, et al. Pharmacologic inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex induces a spindle checkpoint-dependent mitotic arrest in the absence of spindle damage. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:382-95 pubmed publisher..We propose that mutual antagonism between the APC and the SAC yields a positive feedback loop that amplifies the ability of TAME to induce mitotic arrest...
- Batistatou A, Scopa C, Ravazoula P, Nakanishi Y, Peschos D, Agnantis N, et al. Involvement of dysadherin and E-cadherin in the development of testicular tumours. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:1382-7 pubmed..In testicular tumours, as in other neoplasms, dysadherin downregulates E-cadherin expression, at least in part. ..
- Ling K, Bairstow S, Carbonara C, Turbin D, Huntsman D, Anderson R. Type I gamma phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase modulates adherens junction and E-cadherin trafficking via a direct interaction with mu 1B adaptin. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:343-53 pubmed
- Kim H, Wheeler J, Kim J, Ilyas M, Beck N, Kim B, et al. The E-cadherin gene (CDH1) variants T340A and L599V in gastric and colorectal cancer patients in Korea. Gut. 2000;47:262-7 pubmed..We have described two new missense germline variants in CDH1 in various groups of Korean gastrointestinal cancer patients. Further work is required to assess if these variants increase the risk of gastrointestinal cancer. ..
- Hogan C, Serpente N, Cogram P, Hosking C, Bialucha C, Feller S, et al. Rap1 regulates the formation of E-cadherin-based cell-cell contacts. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6690-700 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that Cdc42 functions downstream of Rap1 in this process. We conclude that Rap1 plays a vital role in the establishment of E-cadherin-based cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Harigopal M, Berger A, Camp R, Rimm D, Kluger H. Automated quantitative analysis of E-cadherin expression in lymph node metastases is predictive of survival in invasive ductal breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:4083-9 pubmed..Strong E-cadherin expression in lymph node metastases was highly predictive of improved survival. This suggests that expression of adhesion molecules at metastatic sites portends less aggressive tumor behavior. ..
- Hiraki M, Kitajima Y, Sato S, Nakamura J, Hashiguchi K, Noshiro H, et al. Aberrant gene methylation in the peritoneal fluid is a risk factor predicting peritoneal recurrence in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:330-8 pubmed..05). This study suggested that gene methylation in the PF could detect occult neoplastic cells in the peritoneum and might be a risk factor for peritoneal metastasis. ..
- Tsukino H, Kuroda Y, Nakao H, Imai H, Inatomi H, Kohshi K, et al. E-cadherin gene polymorphism and risk of urothelial cancer. Cancer Lett. 2003;195:53-8 pubmed..The present study demonstrates for the first time that E-cadherin A/A genotype may be associated with susceptibility to urothelial cancer, but not with the progression of disease. ..
- Wang B, Wylie F, Teasdale R, Stow J. Polarized trafficking of E-cadherin is regulated by Rac1 and Cdc42 in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C1411-9 pubmed..These results provide a new example of Rho GTPase regulation of basolateral trafficking and demonstrate novel roles for Cdc42 and Rac1 in the post-Golgi transport of E-cadherin. ..
- Lock J, Stow J. Rab11 in recycling endosomes regulates the sorting and basolateral transport of E-cadherin. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1744-55 pubmed..We first traced the post-Golgi, exocytic transport of GFP-tagged E-cadherin (Ecad-GFP) in unpolarized cells...
- Hofmann G, Balic M, Dandachi N, Resel M, Schippinger W, Regitnig P, et al. The predictive value of serum soluble E-cadherin levels in breast cancer patients undergoing preoperative systemic chemotherapy. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1585-9 pubmed publisher..sE-cadherin may be a marker predicting response to PST for patients with breast cancer. Our findings warrant further evaluation of sE-cadherin in a prospective trial. ..
- Li Y, Ji X. Relationship between expression of E-cadherin-catenin complex and clinicopathologic characteristics of pancreatic cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:368-72 pubmed..It is suggested that the abnormal E-cadherin-catenin complex expression plays an important role in the development and progression of tumor, and thus may become a new marker in pancreatic cancer metastasis. ..
- Ratheesh A, Gomez G, Priya R, Verma S, Kovacs E, Jiang K, et al. Centralspindlin and Î±-catenin regulate Rho signalling at the epithelial zonula adherens. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:818-828 pubmed publisher..Thus, a conserved molecular ensemble that governs Rho activation during cytokinesis is used in interphase cells to control the Rho GTPase cycle at the zonula adherens. ..
- Overduin M, Harvey T, Bagby S, Tong K, Yau P, Takeichi M, et al. Solution structure of the epithelial cadherin domain responsible for selective cell adhesion. Science. 1995;267:386-9 pubmed..The three-dimensional structure of the amino-terminal repeat of mouse epithelial cadherin was determined by multidimensional heteronuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy...
- Porter T, Richards F, Houlston R, Evans D, Jankowski J, MacDonald F, et al. Contribution of cyclin d1 (CCND1) and E-cadherin (CDH1) polymorphisms to familial and sporadic colorectal cancer. Oncogene. 2002;21:1928-33 pubmed
- Marambaud P, Shioi J, Serban G, Georgakopoulos A, Sarner S, Nagy V, et al. A presenilin-1/gamma-secretase cleavage releases the E-cadherin intracellular domain and regulates disassembly of adherens junctions. EMBO J. 2002;21:1948-56 pubmed..Thus, the PS1/gamma-secretase system stimulates disassembly of the E-cadherin- catenin complex and increases the cytosolic pool of beta-catenin, a key regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Chung Y, Lam A, Luk J, Law S, Chan K, Lee P, et al. Altered E-cadherin expression and p120 catenin localization in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:3260-7 pubmed..Altered E-cadherin expression and p120ctn localization were related to tumor differentiation, indicating their important roles in the pathogenesis of ESCC. ..
- Pittman A, Twiss P, Broderick P, Lubbe S, Chandler I, Penegar S, et al. The CDH1-160C>A polymorphism is a risk factor for colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1622-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study underscores the importance of conducting association studies using large sample series to demonstrate polymorphic variants conferring modest relative risks. ..
- Chu K, Boley K, Moraes R, Barsky S, Robertson F. The paradox of E-cadherin: role in response to hypoxia in the tumor microenvironment and regulation of energy metabolism. Oncotarget. 2013;4:446-62 pubmed..Our data suggests a novel function for E-Cadherin as a bona fide signaling molecule required for the in vivo growth of aggressive breast cancer tumor cells, that retain E-Cadherin expression, in mediating their metabolic function. ..
- Ikonen T, Matikainen M, Mononen N, Hyytinen E, Helin H, Tommola S, et al. Association of E-cadherin germ-line alterations with prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:3465-71 pubmed..However, the CDH1 gene does not appear to explain the link between prostate and gastric cancer. ..
- Bryant D, Stow J. The ins and outs of E-cadherin trafficking. Trends Cell Biol. 2004;14:427-34 pubmed
- Reddy P, Liu L, Ren C, Lindgren P, Boman K, Shen Y, et al. Formation of E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion activates AKT and mitogen activated protein kinase via phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase and ligand-independent activation of epidermal growth factor receptor in ovarian cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2564-78 pubmed..Our data partly explain why E-cadherin is always expressed during ovarian tumor development and progression. ..
- Zhang W, Alt Holland A, Margulis A, Shamis Y, Fusenig N, Rodeck U, et al. E-cadherin loss promotes the initiation of squamous cell carcinoma invasion through modulation of integrin-mediated adhesion. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:283-91 pubmed..of Ha-Ras-transformed human keratinocytes (II-4) expressing dominant-interfering E-cadherin fusion protein (H-2k(d)-Ecad)...
- Najy A, Day K, Day M. The ectodomain shedding of E-cadherin by ADAM15 supports ErbB receptor activation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18393-401 pubmed publisher..In this study, we provide evidence that ADAM15 catalyzes the cleavage of E-cadherin to generate a soluble fragment that in turn binds to and stimulates ErbB receptor signaling. ..
- Chetty R, Jain D, Serra S. p120 catenin reduction and cytoplasmic relocalization leads to dysregulation of E-cadherin in solid pseudopapillary tumors of the pancreas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2008;130:71-6 pubmed publisher..Aberrations and other alterations of the E-cadherin gene are unlikely to be responsible for the loss of E-cadherin in SPTs. ..
- Swaminathan G, Cartwright C. Rack1 promotes epithelial cell-cell adhesion by regulating E-cadherin endocytosis. Oncogene. 2012;31:376-89 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a novel function of Rack1 in maintaining the junctional homeostasis of intestinal epithelial cells by regulation of the Src- and growth factor-induced endocytosis of E-cadherin. ..
- Baki L, Marambaud P, Efthimiopoulos S, Georgakopoulos A, Wen P, Cui W, et al. Presenilin-1 binds cytoplasmic epithelial cadherin, inhibits cadherin/p120 association, and regulates stability and function of the cadherin/catenin adhesion complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2381-6 pubmedHere we show that presenilin-1 (PS1), a protein involved in Alzheimer's disease, binds directly to epithelial cadherin (E-cadherin)...
- Suriano G, Oliveira C, Ferreira P, Machado J, Bordin M, De Wever O, et al. Identification of CDH1 germline missense mutations associated with functional inactivation of the E-cadherin protein in young gastric cancer probands. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:575-82 pubmed
- Li Y, Meng Y, Ji X. Relationship between expressions of E-cadherin and alpha-catenin and biological behaviors of human pancreatic cancer. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2003;2:471-7 pubmed
- Lu Z, Ghosh S, Wang Z, Hunter T. Downregulation of caveolin-1 function by EGF leads to the loss of E-cadherin, increased transcriptional activity of beta-catenin, and enhanced tumor cell invasion. Cancer Cell. 2003;4:499-515 pubmed..We propose that EGF-induced negative regulation of caveolin-1 plays a central role in the complex cellular changes leading to metastasis. ..
- Lim S, Zhang S, Ishii G, Endoh Y, Kodama K, Miyamoto S, et al. Predictive markers for late cervical metastasis in stage I and II invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the oral tongue. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:166-72 pubmed
- Kudo Y, Kitajima S, Ogawa I, Hiraoka M, Sargolzaei S, Keikhaee M, et al. Invasion and metastasis of oral cancer cells require methylation of E-cadherin and/or degradation of membranous beta-catenin. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5455-63 pubmed..In addition, we suggest that the method of isolation of highly invasive clones may be useful for studies aimed at discovering novel genes involved in invasion and metastasis. ..
- Alt Holland A, Shamis Y, Riley K, DesRochers T, Fusenig N, Herman I, et al. E-cadherin suppression directs cytoskeletal rearrangement and intraepithelial tumor cell migration in 3D human skin equivalents. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2498-507 pubmed publisher..Thus, loss of E-cadherin-mediated adhesion led to the acquisition of phenotypic properties that augmented cell motility and directed the transition from the precancer to cancer in skin-like tissues. ..
- Liot C, Seguin L, Siret A, Crouin C, Schmidt S, Bertoglio J. APC(cdh1) mediates degradation of the oncogenic Rho-GEF Ect2 after mitosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23676 pubmed publisher..Our findings raise the possibility that the overexpression of Ect2 that has been reported in some human tumors might result not only from deregulated transcription, but also from impaired degradation. ..
- Donzelli M, Squatrito M, Ganoth D, Hershko A, Pagano M, Draetta G. Dual mode of degradation of Cdc25 A phosphatase. EMBO J. 2002;21:4875-84 pubmed..We propose that a dual mechanism of regulated degradation allows for fine tuning of Cdc25 A abundance in response to cell environment. ..
- Kuraoka K, Oue N, Yokozaki H, Kitadai Y, Ito R, Nakayama H, et al. Correlation of a single nucleotide polymorphism in the E-cadherin gene promoter with tumorigenesis and progression of gastric carcinoma in Japan. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:421-7 pubmed..05). These results suggest that the C/A SNP in the E-cadherin promoter may be a good marker for malignancy of gastric carcinomas. ..
- Troyanovsky R, Sokolov E, Troyanovsky S. Endocytosis of cadherin from intracellular junctions is the driving force for cadherin adhesive dimer disassembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3484-93 pubmed..This suggestion has been corroborated by immunoelectron microscopy, which revealed cadherin-enriched coated pit-like structures in close association with adherens junctions. ..
- Fujii S, Ochiai A. Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 downregulates E-cadherin by mediating histone H3 methylation in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:738-46 pubmed publisher..Our present study paves the way for exploring the blockade of EZH2 overexpression as a novel approach to treating cancer. ..
- Choi H, Kim K, Lee J, Park H, Jang K, Chung M, et al. Serum response factor enhances liver metastasis of colorectal carcinoma via alteration of the E-cadherin/beta-catenin complex. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:57-63 pubmed..These results indicate that overexpression of SRF in colorectal carcinoma cells is associated with modulation of E-cadherin/beta-catenin expression and may play an important role in colorectal cancer metastasis. ..
- Pecina Slaus N, Nikuseva Martic T, Deak A, Zeljko M, Hrascan R, Tomas D, et al. Genetic and protein changes of E-cadherin in meningiomas. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:695-702 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanisms and candidate genes involved in development of meningiomas still needs investigation and elucidation...
- Ohoka N, Sakai S, Onozaki K, Nakanishi M, Hayashi H. Anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome-cdh1 mediates the ubiquitination and degradation of TRB3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:289-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that APC/C(Cdh1) is involved in ubiquitination and down-regulating the stability of TRB3 protein. ..
- Yori J, Johnson E, Zhou G, Jain M, Keri R. Kruppel-like factor 4 inhibits epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition through regulation of E-cadherin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16854-63 pubmed publisher..The clear requirement for KLF4 to maintain E-cadherin expression and prevent epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in mammary epithelial cells supports a metastasis suppressive role for KLF4 in breast cancer. ..
- Li Y, Tian Z, Zhang J, Fu B. CDH1 promoter polymorphism and stomach cancer susceptibility. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:1283-6 pubmed publisher..72-0.99), but no statistically significant association was found in Caucasians. In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that CDH1 -160 A-allele may play a protective role of stomach cancer development in Asians but not in Caucasians. ..
- Smith A, Dohn M, Brown M, Reynolds A. Association of Rho-associated protein kinase 1 with E-cadherin complexes is mediated by p120-catenin. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:99-110 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with a model in which p120 dynamically regulates Rho-GTPase activity at the cadherin complex through transient interaction with several of its up- and downstream effectors, including ROCK1. ..
- Jie D, Zhongmin Z, Guoqing L, Sheng L, Yi Z, Jing W, et al. Positive expression of LSD1 and negative expression of E-cadherin correlate with metastasis and poor prognosis of colon cancer. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1581-9 pubmed publisher..The first identified lysine-specific demethylase, LSD1, plays an important role in the metastatic progression of several types of cancer...
- Pinho S, Figueiredo J, Cabral J, Carvalho S, Dourado J, Magalhaes A, et al. E-cadherin and adherens-junctions stability in gastric carcinoma: functional implications of glycosyltransferases involving N-glycan branching biosynthesis, N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases III and V. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:2690-700 pubmed..We have previously demonstrated the existence of a bi-directional cross-talk between E-cadherin and two major N-glycan processing enzymes, N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-III or -V (GnT-III or GnT-V)...
- Bussemakers M, Giroldi L, Van Bokhoven A, Schalken J. Transcriptional regulation of the human E-cadherin gene in human prostate cancer cell lines: characterization of the human E-cadherin gene promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:1284-90 pubmed..We show that the E-cadherin promoter is not active in the non-expressing cells and that this may be due to the binding of a repressor protein to the promoter. ..
- Bussemakers M, Van Bokhoven A, Mees S, Kemler R, Schalken J. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human E-cadherin cDNA. Mol Biol Rep. 1993;17:123-8 pubmed..Indeed, in several kinds of carcinomas allelic loss of the E-cadherin/Uvomorulin locus and decreased E-cadherin expression have been described...
- Berx G, Becker K, Hofler H, van Roy F. Mutations of the human E-cadherin (CDH1) gene. Hum Mutat. 1998;12:226-37 pubmed
- Chun Y, Lindor N, Smyrk T, Petersen B, Burgart L, Guilford P, et al. Germline E-cadherin gene mutations: is prophylactic total gastrectomy indicated?. Cancer. 2001;92:181-7 pubmed..However, prophylactic total gastrectomy should be undertaken cautiously because the procedure may be associated with considerable morbidity. ..
- Lei H, Sjöberg Margolin S, Salahshor S, Werelius B, Jandáková E, Hemminki K, et al. CDH1 mutations are present in both ductal and lobular breast cancer, but promoter allelic variants show no detectable breast cancer risk. Int J Cancer. 2002;98:199-204 pubmed..These results do not support CDH1 as a prominent low-penetrance cancer susceptibility gene, but indicate that CDH1 mutations contribute to the progression of both lobular and ductal tumors. ..
- Park W, Cho Y, Park J, Kim C, Lee J, Kim H, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism in the E-cadherin gene promoter-160 is not associated with risk of Korean gastric cancer. J Korean Med Sci. 2003;18:501-4 pubmed..These results suggest that the -160 C/A polymorphism of the E-cadherin has no direct effect on the risk of Korean gastric cancer development and on its histological classification. ..
- Imai T, Horiuchi A, Wang C, Oka K, Ohira S, Nikaido T, et al. Hypoxia attenuates the expression of E-cadherin via up-regulation of SNAIL in ovarian carcinoma cells. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1437-47 pubmed..These findings suggest that hypoxia plays an important role in the change in intercellular attachment, which may be involved in the initiation of tumor progression of ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Fuchs M, Hutzler P, Handschuh G, Hermannstädter C, Brunner I, Hofler H, et al. Dynamics of cell adhesion and motility in living cells is altered by a single amino acid change in E-cadherin fused to enhanced green fluorescent protein. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2004;59:50-61 pubmed..In conclusion, our data show that mutant E-cadherin significantly alters the dynamics of cell adhesion and motility in living cells and interferes with the formation of stable cell-cell contacts. ..
- Lee J, Kwun H, Jung J, Choi K, Min D, Jang K. Hepatitis B virus X protein represses E-cadherin expression via activation of DNA methyltransferase 1. Oncogene. 2005;24:6617-25 pubmed..Therefore, the present study suggests that HBx plays a role during hepatocellular carcinogenesis by favoring cell detachment from the surrounding cells and migration outside of the primary tumor site. ..
- Truant S, Gouyer V, Leteurtre E, Zerimech F, Huet G, Pruvot F. E-cadherin and beta-catenin mRNA levels throughout colon cancer progression. J Surg Res. 2008;150:212-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that E-cadherin and beta-catenin expressions are regulated throughout colon cancer progression. ..
- Rogers W, Dobo E, Norton J, Van Dam J, Jeffrey R, Huntsman D, et al. Risk-reducing total gastrectomy for germline mutations in E-cadherin (CDH1): pathologic findings with clinical implications. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:799-809 pubmed publisher..The observed site predilection suggests a possible role for geographically targeted endoscopic surveillance biopsy in patients who elect to delay surgical intervention. ..