Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-cadherin
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: Arc-1, BCDS1, CD324, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM, UVO, cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, E-cadherin 1, cadherin 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), cadherin 1, type 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, epithelial, cell-CAM 120/80, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Motta F, Valera E, Lucio Eterovic A, Queiroz R, Neder L, Scrideli C, et al. Differential expression of E-cadherin gene in human neuroepithelial tumors. Genet Mol Res. 2008;7:295-304 pubmed
- Iacopino F, Pinto F, Bertaccini A, Calarco A, Proietti G, Totaro A, et al. Soluble E-cadherin and IL-6 serum levels in patients affected by prostate cancer before and after prostatectomy. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:370-4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it shows that preoperative sE-cad concentrations are higher in patients with less differentiated PCa. Promising findings of this pilot study may lead to investigation of sE-cad in a larger study with follow-up. ..
- Shibamoto S, Hayakawa M, Takeuchi K, Hori T, Miyazawa K, Kitamura N, et al. Association of p120, a tyrosine kinase substrate, with E-cadherin/catenin complexes. J Cell Biol. 1995;128:949-57 pubmed
- El Hariry I, Pignatelli M, Lemoine N. FGF-1 and FGF-2 modulate the E-cadherin/catenin system in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell lines. Br J Cancer. 2001;84:1656-63 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FGF-1 and FGF-2 may be involved in the regulation of cell adhesion, differentiation and invasion of pancreatic cancer. ..
- French J, Cresswell J, Wong W, Seymour K, Charnley R, Kirby J. T cell adhesion and cytolysis of pancreatic cancer cells: a role for E-cadherin in immunotherapy?. Br J Cancer. 2002;87:1034-41 pubmed
- Chen Y, Chen C, Tung P, Huang S, Wang S. An acidic extracellular pH disrupts adherens junctions in HepG2 cells by Src kinases-dependent modification of E-cadherin. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:851-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pH 6.6 activated Src kinases, resulting in tyrosine phosphorylation of E-cadherin and p120ctn and a weakening of the association of E-cadherin with p120ctn and contributing to the instability of E-cadherin at AJs. ..
- Tsukino H, Kuroda Y, Imai H, Nakao H, Qiu D, Komiya Y, et al. Lack of evidence for the association of E-cadherin gene polymorphism with increased risk or progression of prostate cancer. Urol Int. 2004;72:203-7 pubmed..These data do not support an association between the E-cadherin genotype and the occurrence or progression of prostate cancer in Japanese populations. ..
- Roviello F, Corso G, Pedrazzani C, Marrelli D, De Falco G, Berardi A, et al. Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer and E-cadherin: description of the first germline mutation in an Italian family. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2007;33:448-51 pubmed..The first CDH1 germline mutation of an Italian family is herein reported. The present missense mutation has never been described so far. ..
- Grunhage F, Jungck M, Lamberti C, Berg C, Becker U, Schulte Witte H, et al. Association of familial colorectal cancer with variants in the E-cadherin (CDH1) and cyclin D1 (CCND1) genes. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008;23:147-54 pubmed..We report a potential association of variants in the CCND1 and CDH1 genes with fCRC using a unique study design with phenotypic extremes. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Lee H, Hsu Y, Chen J. Activated androgen receptor downregulates E-cadherin gene expression and promotes tumor metastasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7096-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, similarly to Snail and Twist, the activated AR can downregulate E-cadherin expression to promote the activation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumor metastasis. ..
- Floyd S, Pines J, Lindon C. APC/C Cdh1 targets aurora kinase to control reorganization of the mitotic spindle at anaphase. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1649-58 pubmed publisher..Targeting of Aurora kinases at anaphase by APC/C(Cdh1) participates in the control of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. ..
- Gogou P, Batistatou A, Pakos E, Apostolikas N, Stefanou D, Tsekeris P. Expression of E-cadherin, beta-catenin and topoisomerase IIalpha in leiomyosarcomas. Clin Transl Oncol. 2009;11:548-51 pubmed..From the analysed factors, tumour size was statistically significantly correlated with relapse-free survival. Further evidence with larger series is required in order to determine the implication of these markers in LMS. ..
- Salahshor S, Hou H, Diep C, Loukola A, Zhang H, Liu T, et al. A germline E-cadherin mutation in a family with gastric and colon cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2001;8:439-43 pubmed
- Curtis M, Ly Q, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Evidence that the V832M E-cadherin germ-line missense mutation does not influence the affinity of alpha -catenin for the cadherin/catenin complex. Cell Commun Adhes. 2007;14:45-55 pubmed
- Curtis M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. E-cadherin/catenin complexes are formed cotranslationally in the endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi compartments. Cell Commun Adhes. 2008;15:365-78 pubmed publisher..To investigate this, the authors generated an antibody against the proregion of E-cadherin and have used it to examine the assembly of the E-cadherin/catenin complex. ..
- Muise A, Walters T, Glowacka W, Griffiths A, Ngan B, Lan H, et al. Polymorphisms in E-cadherin (CDH1) result in a mis-localised cytoplasmic protein that is associated with Crohn's disease. Gut. 2009;58:1121-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polymorphisms identified in CDH1 are important for understanding the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease and point to a defect in barrier defence. ..
- Corso G, Carvalho J, Marrelli D, Vindigni C, Carvalho B, Seruca R, et al. Somatic mutations and deletions of the E-cadherin gene predict poor survival of patients with gastric cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:868-75 pubmed publisher..Their screening at GC diagnosis may predict patient prognosis and is likely to improve management of patients with this disease. ..
- Fujita Y, Krause G, Scheffner M, Zechner D, Leddy H, Behrens J, et al. Hakai, a c-Cbl-like protein, ubiquitinates and induces endocytosis of the E-cadherin complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:222-31 pubmed..Through dynamic recycling of E-cadherin, Hakai can thus modulate cell adhesion, and could participate in the regulation of epithelial--mesenchymal transitions in development or metastasis. ..
- Nakamura T, Kato Y, Fuji H, Horiuchi T, Chiba Y, Tanaka K. E-cadherin-dependent intercellular adhesion enhances chemoresistance. Int J Mol Med. 2003;12:693-700 pubmed..Consideration of intercellular adherence characteristics in different chemosensitivity tests is likely to improve their reliability...
- Brooks Wilson A, Kaurah P, Suriano G, Leach S, Senz J, Grehan N, et al. Germline E-cadherin mutations in hereditary diffuse gastric cancer: assessment of 42 new families and review of genetic screening criteria. J Med Genet. 2004;41:508-17 pubmed..We recommend that these criteria be used for selecting families for CDH1 mutational analysis. ..
- Saito T, Oda Y, Kawaguchi K, Sugimachi K, Yamamoto H, Tateishi N, et al. E-cadherin mutation and Snail overexpression as alternative mechanisms of E-cadherin inactivation in synovial sarcoma. Oncogene. 2004;23:8629-38 pubmed..Thus, E-cadherin downregulation is associated with the loss or absence of glandular epithelial differentiation in certain SS. ..
- Zhang B, Pan K, Liu Z, Zhou J, Gu L, Ji J, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the E-cadherin promoter and risk of sporadic gastric carcinoma in Chinese populations. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008;17:2402-8 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that the -347del allele of E-cadherin strongly links with the +178T and +234 13N ins alleles. The -347del/del genotype may increase the susceptibility of SGC among males in the high-risk area of China. ..
- Hülsken J, Birchmeier W, Behrens J. E-cadherin and APC compete for the interaction with beta-catenin and the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:2061-9 pubmed
- Gieffers C, Peters B, Kramer E, Dotti C, Peters J. Expression of the CDH1-associated form of the anaphase-promoting complex in postmitotic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11317-22 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we propose that the functions of APC(CDH1) are not restricted to controlling cell-cycle progression but may include the ubiquitination of yet unidentified substrates in differentiated cells. ..
- Ireton R, Davis M, van Hengel J, Mariner D, Barnes K, Thoreson M, et al. A novel role for p120 catenin in E-cadherin function. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:465-76 pubmed..These data reveal a cooperative interaction between p120 and E-cadherin and a novel role for p120 that is likely indispensable in normal cells. ..
- Zhou Y, Ching Y, Chun A, Jin D. Nuclear localization of the cell cycle regulator CDH1 and its regulation by phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12530-6 pubmed..On the other hand, abolition of the cyclin-binding ability of CDH1 has no influence on its nuclear localization. Taken together, our findings document the phosphorylation-dependent localization of CDH1 in vertebrate cells. ..
- Hazan R, Qiao R, Keren R, Badano I, Suyama K. Cadherin switch in tumor progression. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1014:155-63 pubmed..Here, we summarize the various aspects of the E- to N-cadherin switching in epithelial carcinomas and its potential impact on metastatic progression. ..
- Wang D, Su L, Huang D, Zhang H, Shin D, Chen Z. Downregulation of E-Cadherin enhances proliferation of head and neck cancer through transcriptional regulation of EGFR. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:116 pubmed publisher..It also suggests that loss of E-cad may induce proliferation of SCCHN by activating EGFR and its downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao J, Zhang P, Zhang Y, Sun S, Yu S, et al. MicroRNA-10b targets E-cadherin and modulates breast cancer metastasis. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:BR299-308 pubmed..These findings indicate the existence of a novel E-cadherin-related mechanism by which miR-10b modulates breast cancer metastasis. In addition, miR-10b may be a useful biomarker of advanced progression and metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Oda T, Kanai Y, Oyama T, Yoshiura K, Shimoyama Y, Birchmeier W, et al. E-cadherin gene mutations in human gastric carcinoma cell lines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1858-62 pubmed..In addition, the wild-type allele of the E-cadherin locus was lost, suggesting that the E-cadherin gene had been inactivated by two hits (mutation and allele loss), similar to the mechanism for inactivation of tumor suppressor genes. ..
- Xu Y, Yu Q. E-cadherin negatively regulates CD44-hyaluronan interaction and CD44-mediated tumor invasion and branching morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8661-8 pubmed
- Maeda M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. Cadherin switching: essential for behavioral but not morphological changes during an epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:873-87 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that cadherin switching is necessary for increased motility but is not required for the morphological changes that accompany EMT. ..
- Yuecheng Y, Hongmei L, Xiaoyan X. Clinical evaluation of E-cadherin expression and its regulation mechanism in epithelial ovarian cancer. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2006;23:65-74 pubmed..Correction of aberrant DNA methylation by 5-Aza may provide a new strategy for ovarian cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Medina Franco H, Ramos De la Medina A, Vizcaino G, Medina Franco J. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of the E-cadherin gene in gastric cancer: case-control study in a young Mexican population. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:2246-9 pubmed..The -160 C/A polymorphism of the E-cadherin has a direct effect on the risk of diffuse gastric cancer at young age in Mexican population. ..
- Prasad C, Mirza S, Sharma G, Prashad R, Dattagupta S, Rath G, et al. Epigenetic alterations of CDH1 and APC genes: relationship with activation of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in invasive ductal carcinoma of breast. Life Sci. 2008;83:318-25 pubmed publisher..The concordance between CDH1 and APC methylation in IDCs and paired circulating DNA underscores the utility of serum DNA as a non-invasive tool for methylation analysis in IDC patients. ..
- Kague E, Thomazini C, Pardini M, Carvalho F, Leite C, Pinheiro N. Methylation status of CDH1 gene in samples of gastric mucous from Brazilian patients with chronic gastritis infected by Helicobacter pylori. Arq Gastroenterol. 2010;47:7-12 pubmed..pylori infection are frequent events in samples from Brazilian patients with chronic gastritis and reinforces the correlation between H. pylori infection and CDH1 inactivation in early steps of gastric tumorigenesis. ..
- Chen X, Wang Y, Xia H, Wang Q, Jiang X, Lin Z, et al. Loss of E-cadherin promotes the growth, invasion and drug resistance of colorectal cancer cells and is associated with liver metastasis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:6707-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, E-cadherin can act as a central modulator of the cell biological phenotypes and a potential prognostic marker in Colorectal cancer. ..
- Inuzuka H, Gao D, Finley L, Yang W, Wan L, Fukushima H, et al. Acetylation-dependent regulation of Skp2 function. Cell. 2012;150:179-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies an acetylation-dependent regulatory mechanism governing Skp2 oncogenic function and provides insight into how cytoplasmic Skp2 controls cellular migration. ..
- D Costa Z, Jolly C, Androphy E, Mercer A, Matthews C, Hibma M. Transcriptional repression of E-cadherin by human papillomavirus type 16 E6. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48954 pubmed publisher..Expression of E7 with E6 resulted in a further reduction in surface E-cadherin levels. This is the first report of HPV16 E6-mediated transcriptional repression of this adhesion molecule and tumour suppressor protein. ..
- Wu M, Huang S, Chang Y, Lin M, Shun C, Chang M, et al. Association of the -160 C --> a promoter polymorphism of E-cadherin gene with gastric carcinoma risk. Cancer. 2002;94:1443-8 pubmed..Further work is mandatory to clarify the functional relevance of the A allele in vivo and to confirm the inverse association of the A/A genotype with GC in large epidemiologic studies. ..
- Eger A, Aigner K, Sonderegger S, Dampier B, Oehler S, Schreiber M, et al. DeltaEF1 is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin and regulates epithelial plasticity in breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:2375-85 pubmed..RNA interference-mediated downregulation of deltaEF1 in cancer cells was sufficient to derepress E-cadherin expression and restore cell to cell adhesion, suggesting that deltaEF1 is a key player in late stage carcinogenesis. ..
- Chien M, Chou L, Chung T, Lin C, Chou M, Weng M, et al. Effects of E-cadherin (CDH1) gene promoter polymorphisms on the risk and clinicopathologic development of oral cancer. Head Neck. 2012;34:405-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CDH1-347 polymorphisms are associated with increased risks of oral cancer, and may be a predictive factor for tumor lymph node metastasis. ..
- Vogelaar I, Figueiredo J, van Rooij I, Simões Correia J, van der Post R, Melo S, et al. Identification of germline mutations in the cancer predisposing gene CDH1 in patients with orofacial clefts. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:919-26 pubmed publisher..This finding opens a new pathway to reveal the molecular basis of non-syndromic OFC. Cancer risk among carriers of these mutations needs to be defined. ..
- Reuver S, Garner C. E-cadherin mediated cell adhesion recruits SAP97 into the cortical cytoskeleton. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 8):1071-80 pubmed..Our results are consistent with a model in which SAP97 is recruited to sites of cell-cell contact via an E-cadherin induced assembly of the cortical cytoskeleton. ..
- Kim S, Li Z, Sacks D. E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell attachment activates Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36999-7005 pubmed..These data indicate that E-cadherin activates Cdc42, demonstrating bi-directional interactions between the Rho- and E-cadherin signaling pathways. ..
- Harrison O, Jin X, Hong S, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Brasch J, et al. The extracellular architecture of adherens junctions revealed by crystal structures of type I cadherins. Structure. 2011;19:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with a model for junction assembly involving strong trans and weak cis interactions localized in the ectodomain...
- Corso G, Marrelli D, Pascale V, Vindigni C, Roviello F. Frequency of CDH1 germline mutations in gastric carcinoma coming from high- and low-risk areas: metanalysis and systematic review of the literature. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:8 pubmed publisher..This data could open new approaches in the gastric cancer prevention test; before proposing a proband candidate for the CDH1 genetic screening, geographic variability, alongside the family history should be considered. ..
- Pece S, Gutkind J. Signaling from E-cadherins to the MAPK pathway by the recruitment and activation of epidermal growth factor receptors upon cell-cell contact formation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:41227-33 pubmed
- Chen J, Fang G. MAD2B is an inhibitor of the anaphase-promoting complex. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1765-70 pubmed..Unlike MAD2, whose interaction with MAD1 is required for mitotic checkpoint control, MAD2B does not interact with MAD1, suggesting that MAD2B may relay a different cellular signal to APC. ..
- Nakamura A, Shimazaki T, Kaneko K, Shibata M, Matsumura T, Nagai M, et al. Characterization of DNA polymorphisms in the E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter region. Mutat Res. 2002;502:19-24 pubmed..Variants -472G and -472GA displayed the same promoter activity. The decreased transcriptional activity from variant promoters affects the expression of E-cadherin. ..
- Klingelhofer J, Troyanovsky R, Laur O, Troyanovsky S. Exchange of catenins in cadherin-catenin complex. Oncogene. 2003;22:1181-8 pubmed..This beta-catenin exchange is strongly affected in cells that contain mutations in the tumor suppressor gene APC. This process may contribute significantly to both cell-cell adhesion and beta-catenin-dependent signaling. ..
- Widschwendter A, Ivarsson L, Blassnig A, Müller H, Fiegl H, Wiedemair A, et al. CDH1 and CDH13 methylation in serum is an independent prognostic marker in cervical cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:163-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that detection of aberrant methylation of CDH1/CDH13 may be of potential use as a marker for selecting cervical cancer patients at high risk for relapse who could benefit from additional systemic therapy. ..
- Graziano F, Arduini F, Ruzzo A, Mandolesi A, Bearzi I, Silva R, et al. Combined analysis of E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter hypermethylation and E-cadherin protein expression in patients with gastric cancer: implications for treatment with demethylating drugs. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:489-92 pubmed..The knowledge on the hypermethylation status of tumor suppressor genes may be relevant to the development of demethylating drugs and novel chemopreventive strategies in solid tumors. ..
- Annicotte J, Iankova I, Miard S, Fritz V, Sarruf D, Abella A, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma regulates E-cadherin expression and inhibits growth and invasion of prostate cancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7561-74 pubmed..These results open up new therapeutic perspectives in the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Reinhold W, Reimers M, Maunakea A, Kim S, Lababidi S, Scherf U, et al. Detailed DNA methylation profiles of the E-cadherin promoter in the NCI-60 cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:391-403 pubmed..As has been shown in recent years, DNA methylation status can serve as a biomarker for use in choosing therapy. ..
- Shen Y, Hirsch D, SASIELA C, Wu W. Cdc42 regulates E-cadherin ubiquitination and degradation through an epidermal growth factor receptor to Src-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5127-37 pubmed..Our data support a model that activation of Cdc42 contributes to mesenchyme-like phenotype by targeting of E-cadherin for lysosomal degradation. ..
- Gutierrez G, Tsuji T, Chen M, Jiang W, Ronai Z. Interplay between Cdh1 and JNK activity during the cell cycle. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:686-95 pubmed publisher..This regulatory mechanism between JNK and Cdh1 reveals an important function for JNK during the cell cycle. ..
- Bougen N, Amiry N, Yuan Y, Kong X, Pandey V, Vidal L, et al. Trefoil factor 1 suppression of E-CADHERIN enhances prostate carcinoma cell invasiveness and metastasis. Cancer Lett. 2013;332:19-29 pubmed publisher..The capacity of TFF1 to enhance cell migration/invasion is mediated by transcriptional repression of E-CADHERIN. Consideration of targeted inhibition of TFF1 to prevent metastasis of prostate carcinoma is warranted. ..
- Tang B, Peng Z, Yu P, Yu G, Qian F. Expression and significance of Cx43 and E-cadherin in gastric cancer and metastatic lymph nodes. Med Oncol. 2011;28:502-8 pubmed publisher..However, concurrent increased expression of Cx43 and E-cadherin may contribute to the efficient metastasis of gastric cancer to the lymph nodes. ..
- Morrogh M, Andrade V, Giri D, Sakr R, Paik W, Qin L, et al. Cadherin-catenin complex dissociation in lobular neoplasia of the breast. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:641-52 pubmed publisher..Decreasing membranous catenin expression in tandem with increasing levels of TWIST across the spectrum of lobular lesions suggests that CCC dissociation is a progressive process. ..
- Richards F, McKee S, Rajpar M, Cole T, Evans D, Jankowski J, et al. Germline E-cadherin gene (CDH1) mutations predispose to familial gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:607-10 pubmed..Thus, CDH1 should be investigated as a cause of inherited susceptibility to both gastric and colorectal cancers. ..
- Utsuki S, Oka H, Sato Y, Kawano N, Tsuchiya B, Kobayashi I, et al. Invasive meningioma is associated with a low expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin. Clin Neuropathol. 2005;24:8-12 pubmed..These results suggest that a reduction in cell adhesion molecules and increased proliferative activity may be related, which may lead to a better understanding of the mechanism of meningioma expansion in the future. ..
- Canavese G, Bernardi A, Candelaresi G, Lovadina P, Amerio S, Rossetti V, et al. Expression of the E-cadherin-catenins complex in sentinel node is related to tumor morphology but not to spread to nonsentinel nodes. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:517-23 pubmed..Moreover, considering traditional histopathologic parameters, only vascular peritumoral embolization was related to an increased risk of metastatic spread to axillary NSNs. ..
- Winter J, Ting A, Vilardell F, Gallmeier E, Baylin S, Hruban R, et al. Absence of E-cadherin expression distinguishes noncohesive from cohesive pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:412-8 pubmed publisher..Noncohesive pancreatic cancers were characterized by the loss of E-cadherin protein expression. Promoter hypermethylation is a possible mechanism of E-cadherin gene silencing in a subset of these cancers. ..
- Niu L, He J, Wang K, Zhang W, Zhou C. [Abnormal expression of beta-catenin and E-cadherin in Her2-positive breast cancer and its implications]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2009;29:2237-40 pubmed
- Schreider C, Peignon G, Thenet S, Chambaz J, Pincon Raymond M. Integrin-mediated functional polarization of Caco-2 cells through E-cadherin--actin complexes. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:543-52 pubmed
- Kovacs E, Goodwin M, Ali R, Paterson A, Yap A. Cadherin-directed actin assembly: E-cadherin physically associates with the Arp2/3 complex to direct actin assembly in nascent adhesive contacts. Curr Biol. 2002;12:379-82 pubmed
- Pharoah P, Oliveira C, Machado J, Keller G, Vogelsang H, Laux H, et al. CDH1 c-160a promotor polymorphism is not associated with risk of stomach cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;101:196-7 pubmed..3 (95% CI 0.98-1.8) and 1.2 (0.68-2.0) for rare homozygotes compared with common homozygotes. We found no evidence for differences in risk for the intestinal- and diffuse-type histopathologic subgroups. ..
- Zhang X, Ma X, Zhu Q, Li L, Chen Z, Ye Z. Association between a C/A single nucleotide polymorphism of the E-cadherin gene promoter and transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. J Urol. 2003;170:1379-82 pubmed..05). The -160 C/A single nucleotide polymorphism of the E-cadherin gene promoter is associated with TCCB. This single nucleotide polymorphism may serve as a prognostic marker of TCCB. ..
- Lombaerts M, Middeldorp J, van der Weide E, Philippo K, van Wezel T, Smit V, et al. Infiltrating leukocytes confound the detection of E-cadherin promoter methylation in tumors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:697-704 pubmed..Here we show that out of six lobular tumors lacking E-cadherin protein expression, three have tumor-associated CDH1 promoter methylation while in three other tumors no methylation is detected. ..
- Hoshino T, Sakisaka T, Baba T, Yamada T, Kimura T, Takai Y. Regulation of E-cadherin endocytosis by nectin through afadin, Rap1, and p120ctn. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24095-103 pubmed
- Turnell A, Stewart G, Grand R, Rookes S, Martin A, Yamano H, et al. The APC/C and CBP/p300 cooperate to regulate transcription and cell-cycle progression. Nature. 2005;438:690-5 pubmed..Taken together, our results define discrete roles for the APC/C-CBP/p300 complexes in growth regulation. ..
- Liu W, Li W, Fujita T, Yang Q, Wan Y. Proteolysis of CDH1 enhances susceptibility to UV radiation-induced apoptosis. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:263-72 pubmed publisher..The present results unveil a novel role for the APC in UV-induced cell death and demonstrate a new regulatory mechanism for APC/CDH1 through proteolysis. ..
- Dong L, Liu L, Ma C, Li J, Du C, Xu S, et al. E-cadherin promotes proliferation of human ovarian cancer cells in vitro via activating MEK/ERK pathway. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:817-22 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin may function as a tumor proliferation enhancer via activating the MEK/ERK pathway in development of ovarian epithelial cancers. ..
- Beavon I. The E-cadherin-catenin complex in tumour metastasis: structure, function and regulation. Eur J Cancer. 2000;36:1607-20 pubmed..The interaction of the E-cadherin-catenin complex with various regulating factors, their effect on cell signalling pathways, and the relationship with the metastatic potential of tumours are reviewed. ..
- Sarrio D, Moreno Bueno G, Hardisson D, Sánchez Estevez C, Guo M, Herman J, et al. Epigenetic and genetic alterations of APC and CDH1 genes in lobular breast cancer: relationships with abnormal E-cadherin and catenin expression and microsatellite instability. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:208-15 pubmed..The same tumors also show genetic and epigenetic alterations of APC gene. However, altered CDH1 and APC genes do not promote beta-catenin accumulation in this tumor type. ..
- Laprise P, Viel A, Rivard N. Human homolog of disc-large is required for adherens junction assembly and differentiation of human intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10157-66 pubmed..We conclude that hDlg may be a determinant in E-cadherin-mediated adhesion and signaling in mammalian epithelial cells. ..
- Oliveira C, Sousa S, Pinheiro H, Karam R, Bordeira Carriço R, Senz J, et al. Quantification of epigenetic and genetic 2nd hits in CDH1 during hereditary diffuse gastric cancer syndrome progression. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:2137-48 pubmed publisher..We quantified the different 2nd hits in CDH1 occurring in neoplastic lesions from HDGC patients...
- Céspedes M, Larriba M, Pavon M, Alamo P, Casanova I, Parreño M, et al. Site-dependent E-cadherin cleavage and nuclear translocation in a metastatic colorectal cancer model. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2067-79 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have established a colorectal cancer metastasis model in which E-cadherin proteolyis and nuclear translocation associates with aggressive foci growth only in the peritoneal microenvironment. ..
- Stanczak A, Stec R, Bodnar L, Olszewski W, Cichowicz M, Kozlowski W, et al. Prognostic significance of Wnt-1, ?-catenin and E-cadherin expression in advanced colorectal carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:955-63 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that Wnt/?-catenin pathway plays an important role in advanced colorectal carcinoma. ..
- Kanai Y, Oda T, Tsuda H, Ochiai A, Hirohashi S. Point mutation of the E-cadherin gene in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1994;85:1035-9 pubmed..This mutation may abolish the E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and be at least partly responsible for the weak intercellular adhesiveness and scattered histological pattern of the tumor. ..
- Ye Y, Tian H, Lange A, Yearsley K, Robertson F, Barsky S. The genesis and unique properties of the lymphovascular tumor embolus are because of calpain-regulated proteolysis of E-cadherin. Oncogene. 2013;32:1702-13 pubmed publisher..This calpain-mediated proteolysis of E-cad generates the formation of the lymphovascular embolus and is responsible for its unique properties of increased homotypic adhesion, apoptosis resistance and budding. ..