Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-cadherin
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: Arc-1, BCDS1, CD324, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM, UVO, cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, E-cadherin 1, cadherin 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), cadherin 1, type 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, epithelial, cell-CAM 120/80, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
Publications362 found, 100 shown here
- Vesuna F, van Diest P, Chen J, Raman V. Twist is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin gene expression in breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:235-41 pubmed..Finally, the functional relevance of this regulation was verified by quantitative real-time PCR and immunohistochemistry on a cohort of breast cancer samples. ..
- Wong A, Gumbiner B. Adhesion-independent mechanism for suppression of tumor cell invasion by E-cadherin. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:1191-203 pubmed..However, alteration in the beta-catenin/TCF transcriptional regulation of target genes is not required for the invasion suppressor activity of E-cadherin, suggesting the involvement of other beta-catenin-binding proteins. ..
- Syed V, Mak P, Du C, Balaji K. Beta-catenin mediates alteration in cell proliferation, motility and invasion of prostate cancer cells by differential expression of E-cadherin and protein kinase D1. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:82-95 pubmed..This study establishes the functional significance of combined dysregulation of PKD1 and E-cadherin in PC and that their effect on cell growth is mediated by beta-catenin. ..
- Piedra J, Miravet S, Castaño J, Palmer H, Heisterkamp N, Garcia de Herreros A, et al. p120 Catenin-associated Fer and Fyn tyrosine kinases regulate beta-catenin Tyr-142 phosphorylation and beta-catenin-alpha-catenin Interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2287-97 pubmed
- Ma X, Xu H, Zheng T, Li H, Shi T, Wang B, et al. DNA polymorphisms in exon 1 and promoter of the CDH1 gene and relevant risk of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. BJU Int. 2008;102:633-6 pubmed publisher..The -160A, 234 2I allele and haplotype A-A-T-2I were risk factors of TCCB. Haplotype C-A-T-I might act as a protective factor for TCCB. ..
- Shie J, Kuo H. Higher levels of cell apoptosis and abnormal E-cadherin expression in the urothelium are associated with inflammation in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. BJU Int. 2011;108:E136-41 pubmed publisher..The junctions between urothelial cells in IC/PBlS bladders were abnormal, which was associated with the patient's self-report pain scales. ..
- Huiping C, Kristjansdottir S, Jonasson J, Magnusson J, Egilsson V, Ingvarsson S. Alterations of E-cadherin and beta-catenin in gastric cancer. BMC Cancer. 2001;1:16 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that alterations of E-cadherin and beta-catenin play a role in the initiation and progression of gastric cancer. ..
- Da Silva L, Parry S, Reid L, Keith P, Waddell N, Kossai M, et al. Aberrant expression of E-cadherin in lobular carcinomas of the breast. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:773-83 pubmed publisher..Misclassification of tumors may lead to mismanagement of patients in clinical practice, particularly in the context of in situ disease at margins. ..
- Humar B, Blair V, Charlton A, More H, Martin I, Guilford P. E-cadherin deficiency initiates gastric signet-ring cell carcinoma in mice and man. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2050-6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provide compelling evidence for a deficiency in cell-to-cell adhesion being sufficient to initiate diffuse gastric cancer in the absence of hyperproliferation and beta-catenin activation. ..
- Janda E, Nevolo M, Lehmann K, Downward J, Beug H, Grieco M. Raf plus TGFbeta-dependent EMT is initiated by endocytosis and lysosomal degradation of E-cadherin. Oncogene. 2006;25:7117-30 pubmed..Our data indicate that early stages of EMT involve cooperative, post-translational downregulation of E-cadherin, whereas loss of E-cadherin via transcriptional repression is a late event in EMT. ..
- Zhao H, Liang Y, Xu Z, Wang L, Zhou F, Li Z, et al. N-glycosylation affects the adhesive function of E-Cadherin through modifying the composition of adherens junctions (AJs) in human breast carcinoma cell line MDA-MB-435. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:162-75 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that N-glycosylation may affect the adhesive function of E-cadherin through modifying the composition of AJs. ..
- Celebiler Cavusoglu A, Kilic Y, Saydam S, Canda T, Baskan Z, Sevinc A, et al. Predicting invasive phenotype with CDH1, CDH13, CD44, and TIMP3 gene expression in primary breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:2341-5 pubmed publisher..In double-negative tumor tissues, CD44 can be considered a marker for aggressive properties. ..
- Hayashi A, Horiuchi A, Kikuchi N, Hayashi T, Fuseya C, Suzuki A, et al. Type-specific roles of histone deacetylase (HDAC) overexpression in ovarian carcinoma: HDAC1 enhances cell proliferation and HDAC3 stimulates cell migration with downregulation of E-cadherin. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1332-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, specific therapeutic approaches should be considered according to the HDAC subtypes. ..
- Liu J, Lian Z, Han S, Waye M, Wang H, Wu M, et al. Downregulation of E-cadherin by hepatitis B virus X antigen in hepatocellullar carcinoma. Oncogene. 2006;25:1008-17 pubmed
- Zhai B, Yan H, Liu S, Chen L, Wu M, Wang H. Reduced expression of E-cadherin/catenin complex in hepatocellular carcinomas. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:5665-73 pubmed..It may be more exact and valuable to detect the co-expression of E-cadherin/catenin complex than to explore one of them in predicting tumor invasion, metastasis and patient's survival. ..
- Ancuta E, Ancuta C, Cozma L, Iordache C, Anghelache Lupascu I, Anton E, et al. Tumor biomarkers in cervical cancer: focus on Ki-67 proliferation factor and E-cadherin expression. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2009;50:413-8 pubmed
- Oyama T, Kanai Y, Ochiai A, Akimoto S, Oda T, Yanagihara K, et al. A truncated beta-catenin disrupts the interaction between E-cadherin and alpha-catenin: a cause of loss of intercellular adhesiveness in human cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 1994;54:6282-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that genetic abnormality of beta-catenin is one of the mechanisms responsible for loosening of cell-cell contact, and may be involved in enhancement of tumor invasion in human cancers. ..
- Cattaneo F, Venesio T, Molatore S, Russo A, Fiocca R, Frattini M, et al. Functional analysis and case-control study of -160C/A polymorphism in the E-cadherin gene promoter: association with cancer risk. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:4627-32 pubmed..66-, 1.81- and 2.35-fold, respectively). Our data support the notion that the A allele may act as a low-penetrance cancer susceptibility gene. ..
- Motta F, Valera E, Lucio Eterovic A, Queiroz R, Neder L, Scrideli C, et al. Differential expression of E-cadherin gene in human neuroepithelial tumors. Genet Mol Res. 2008;7:295-304 pubmed
- Iacopino F, Pinto F, Bertaccini A, Calarco A, Proietti G, Totaro A, et al. Soluble E-cadherin and IL-6 serum levels in patients affected by prostate cancer before and after prostatectomy. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:370-4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it shows that preoperative sE-cad concentrations are higher in patients with less differentiated PCa. Promising findings of this pilot study may lead to investigation of sE-cad in a larger study with follow-up. ..
- Shibamoto S, Hayakawa M, Takeuchi K, Hori T, Miyazawa K, Kitamura N, et al. Association of p120, a tyrosine kinase substrate, with E-cadherin/catenin complexes. J Cell Biol. 1995;128:949-57 pubmed
- El Hariry I, Pignatelli M, Lemoine N. FGF-1 and FGF-2 modulate the E-cadherin/catenin system in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell lines. Br J Cancer. 2001;84:1656-63 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FGF-1 and FGF-2 may be involved in the regulation of cell adhesion, differentiation and invasion of pancreatic cancer. ..
- French J, Cresswell J, Wong W, Seymour K, Charnley R, Kirby J. T cell adhesion and cytolysis of pancreatic cancer cells: a role for E-cadherin in immunotherapy?. Br J Cancer. 2002;87:1034-41 pubmed
- Chen Y, Chen C, Tung P, Huang S, Wang S. An acidic extracellular pH disrupts adherens junctions in HepG2 cells by Src kinases-dependent modification of E-cadherin. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:851-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pH 6.6 activated Src kinases, resulting in tyrosine phosphorylation of E-cadherin and p120ctn and a weakening of the association of E-cadherin with p120ctn and contributing to the instability of E-cadherin at AJs. ..
- Tsukino H, Kuroda Y, Imai H, Nakao H, Qiu D, Komiya Y, et al. Lack of evidence for the association of E-cadherin gene polymorphism with increased risk or progression of prostate cancer. Urol Int. 2004;72:203-7 pubmed..These data do not support an association between the E-cadherin genotype and the occurrence or progression of prostate cancer in Japanese populations. ..
- Roviello F, Corso G, Pedrazzani C, Marrelli D, De Falco G, Berardi A, et al. Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer and E-cadherin: description of the first germline mutation in an Italian family. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2007;33:448-51 pubmed..The first CDH1 germline mutation of an Italian family is herein reported. The present missense mutation has never been described so far. ..
- Grunhage F, Jungck M, Lamberti C, Berg C, Becker U, Schulte Witte H, et al. Association of familial colorectal cancer with variants in the E-cadherin (CDH1) and cyclin D1 (CCND1) genes. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008;23:147-54 pubmed..We report a potential association of variants in the CCND1 and CDH1 genes with fCRC using a unique study design with phenotypic extremes. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Lee H, Hsu Y, Chen J. Activated androgen receptor downregulates E-cadherin gene expression and promotes tumor metastasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7096-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, similarly to Snail and Twist, the activated AR can downregulate E-cadherin expression to promote the activation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumor metastasis. ..
- Floyd S, Pines J, Lindon C. APC/C Cdh1 targets aurora kinase to control reorganization of the mitotic spindle at anaphase. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1649-58 pubmed publisher..Targeting of Aurora kinases at anaphase by APC/C(Cdh1) participates in the control of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. ..
- Gogou P, Batistatou A, Pakos E, Apostolikas N, Stefanou D, Tsekeris P. Expression of E-cadherin, beta-catenin and topoisomerase IIalpha in leiomyosarcomas. Clin Transl Oncol. 2009;11:548-51 pubmed..From the analysed factors, tumour size was statistically significantly correlated with relapse-free survival. Further evidence with larger series is required in order to determine the implication of these markers in LMS. ..
- Salahshor S, Hou H, Diep C, Loukola A, Zhang H, Liu T, et al. A germline E-cadherin mutation in a family with gastric and colon cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2001;8:439-43 pubmed
- Curtis M, Ly Q, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Evidence that the V832M E-cadherin germ-line missense mutation does not influence the affinity of alpha -catenin for the cadherin/catenin complex. Cell Commun Adhes. 2007;14:45-55 pubmed
- Curtis M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. E-cadherin/catenin complexes are formed cotranslationally in the endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi compartments. Cell Commun Adhes. 2008;15:365-78 pubmed publisher..To investigate this, the authors generated an antibody against the proregion of E-cadherin and have used it to examine the assembly of the E-cadherin/catenin complex. ..
- Muise A, Walters T, Glowacka W, Griffiths A, Ngan B, Lan H, et al. Polymorphisms in E-cadherin (CDH1) result in a mis-localised cytoplasmic protein that is associated with Crohn's disease. Gut. 2009;58:1121-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polymorphisms identified in CDH1 are important for understanding the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease and point to a defect in barrier defence. ..
- Corso G, Carvalho J, Marrelli D, Vindigni C, Carvalho B, Seruca R, et al. Somatic mutations and deletions of the E-cadherin gene predict poor survival of patients with gastric cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:868-75 pubmed publisher..Their screening at GC diagnosis may predict patient prognosis and is likely to improve management of patients with this disease. ..
- Fujita Y, Krause G, Scheffner M, Zechner D, Leddy H, Behrens J, et al. Hakai, a c-Cbl-like protein, ubiquitinates and induces endocytosis of the E-cadherin complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:222-31 pubmed..Through dynamic recycling of E-cadherin, Hakai can thus modulate cell adhesion, and could participate in the regulation of epithelial--mesenchymal transitions in development or metastasis. ..
- Nakamura T, Kato Y, Fuji H, Horiuchi T, Chiba Y, Tanaka K. E-cadherin-dependent intercellular adhesion enhances chemoresistance. Int J Mol Med. 2003;12:693-700 pubmed..Consideration of intercellular adherence characteristics in different chemosensitivity tests is likely to improve their reliability...
- Brooks Wilson A, Kaurah P, Suriano G, Leach S, Senz J, Grehan N, et al. Germline E-cadherin mutations in hereditary diffuse gastric cancer: assessment of 42 new families and review of genetic screening criteria. J Med Genet. 2004;41:508-17 pubmed..We recommend that these criteria be used for selecting families for CDH1 mutational analysis. ..
- Saito T, Oda Y, Kawaguchi K, Sugimachi K, Yamamoto H, Tateishi N, et al. E-cadherin mutation and Snail overexpression as alternative mechanisms of E-cadherin inactivation in synovial sarcoma. Oncogene. 2004;23:8629-38 pubmed..Thus, E-cadherin downregulation is associated with the loss or absence of glandular epithelial differentiation in certain SS. ..
- Zhang B, Pan K, Liu Z, Zhou J, Gu L, Ji J, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the E-cadherin promoter and risk of sporadic gastric carcinoma in Chinese populations. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008;17:2402-8 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that the -347del allele of E-cadherin strongly links with the +178T and +234 13N ins alleles. The -347del/del genotype may increase the susceptibility of SGC among males in the high-risk area of China. ..
- Hülsken J, Birchmeier W, Behrens J. E-cadherin and APC compete for the interaction with beta-catenin and the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:2061-9 pubmed
- Gieffers C, Peters B, Kramer E, Dotti C, Peters J. Expression of the CDH1-associated form of the anaphase-promoting complex in postmitotic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11317-22 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we propose that the functions of APC(CDH1) are not restricted to controlling cell-cycle progression but may include the ubiquitination of yet unidentified substrates in differentiated cells. ..
- Ireton R, Davis M, van Hengel J, Mariner D, Barnes K, Thoreson M, et al. A novel role for p120 catenin in E-cadherin function. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:465-76 pubmed..These data reveal a cooperative interaction between p120 and E-cadherin and a novel role for p120 that is likely indispensable in normal cells. ..
- Zhou Y, Ching Y, Chun A, Jin D. Nuclear localization of the cell cycle regulator CDH1 and its regulation by phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12530-6 pubmed..On the other hand, abolition of the cyclin-binding ability of CDH1 has no influence on its nuclear localization. Taken together, our findings document the phosphorylation-dependent localization of CDH1 in vertebrate cells. ..
- Hazan R, Qiao R, Keren R, Badano I, Suyama K. Cadherin switch in tumor progression. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1014:155-63 pubmed..Here, we summarize the various aspects of the E- to N-cadherin switching in epithelial carcinomas and its potential impact on metastatic progression. ..
- Wang D, Su L, Huang D, Zhang H, Shin D, Chen Z. Downregulation of E-Cadherin enhances proliferation of head and neck cancer through transcriptional regulation of EGFR. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:116 pubmed publisher..It also suggests that loss of E-cad may induce proliferation of SCCHN by activating EGFR and its downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao J, Zhang P, Zhang Y, Sun S, Yu S, et al. MicroRNA-10b targets E-cadherin and modulates breast cancer metastasis. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:BR299-308 pubmed..These findings indicate the existence of a novel E-cadherin-related mechanism by which miR-10b modulates breast cancer metastasis. In addition, miR-10b may be a useful biomarker of advanced progression and metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Oda T, Kanai Y, Oyama T, Yoshiura K, Shimoyama Y, Birchmeier W, et al. E-cadherin gene mutations in human gastric carcinoma cell lines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1858-62 pubmed..In addition, the wild-type allele of the E-cadherin locus was lost, suggesting that the E-cadherin gene had been inactivated by two hits (mutation and allele loss), similar to the mechanism for inactivation of tumor suppressor genes. ..
- Xu Y, Yu Q. E-cadherin negatively regulates CD44-hyaluronan interaction and CD44-mediated tumor invasion and branching morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8661-8 pubmed
- Maeda M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. Cadherin switching: essential for behavioral but not morphological changes during an epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:873-87 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that cadherin switching is necessary for increased motility but is not required for the morphological changes that accompany EMT. ..
- Yuecheng Y, Hongmei L, Xiaoyan X. Clinical evaluation of E-cadherin expression and its regulation mechanism in epithelial ovarian cancer. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2006;23:65-74 pubmed..Correction of aberrant DNA methylation by 5-Aza may provide a new strategy for ovarian cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Medina Franco H, Ramos De la Medina A, Vizcaino G, Medina Franco J. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of the E-cadherin gene in gastric cancer: case-control study in a young Mexican population. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:2246-9 pubmed..The -160 C/A polymorphism of the E-cadherin has a direct effect on the risk of diffuse gastric cancer at young age in Mexican population. ..
- Prasad C, Mirza S, Sharma G, Prashad R, Dattagupta S, Rath G, et al. Epigenetic alterations of CDH1 and APC genes: relationship with activation of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in invasive ductal carcinoma of breast. Life Sci. 2008;83:318-25 pubmed publisher..The concordance between CDH1 and APC methylation in IDCs and paired circulating DNA underscores the utility of serum DNA as a non-invasive tool for methylation analysis in IDC patients. ..
- Kague E, Thomazini C, Pardini M, Carvalho F, Leite C, Pinheiro N. Methylation status of CDH1 gene in samples of gastric mucous from Brazilian patients with chronic gastritis infected by Helicobacter pylori. Arq Gastroenterol. 2010;47:7-12 pubmed..pylori infection are frequent events in samples from Brazilian patients with chronic gastritis and reinforces the correlation between H. pylori infection and CDH1 inactivation in early steps of gastric tumorigenesis. ..
- Chen X, Wang Y, Xia H, Wang Q, Jiang X, Lin Z, et al. Loss of E-cadherin promotes the growth, invasion and drug resistance of colorectal cancer cells and is associated with liver metastasis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:6707-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, E-cadherin can act as a central modulator of the cell biological phenotypes and a potential prognostic marker in Colorectal cancer. ..
- Inuzuka H, Gao D, Finley L, Yang W, Wan L, Fukushima H, et al. Acetylation-dependent regulation of Skp2 function. Cell. 2012;150:179-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies an acetylation-dependent regulatory mechanism governing Skp2 oncogenic function and provides insight into how cytoplasmic Skp2 controls cellular migration. ..
- D Costa Z, Jolly C, Androphy E, Mercer A, Matthews C, Hibma M. Transcriptional repression of E-cadherin by human papillomavirus type 16 E6. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48954 pubmed publisher..Expression of E7 with E6 resulted in a further reduction in surface E-cadherin levels. This is the first report of HPV16 E6-mediated transcriptional repression of this adhesion molecule and tumour suppressor protein. ..
- Wu M, Huang S, Chang Y, Lin M, Shun C, Chang M, et al. Association of the -160 C --> a promoter polymorphism of E-cadherin gene with gastric carcinoma risk. Cancer. 2002;94:1443-8 pubmed..Further work is mandatory to clarify the functional relevance of the A allele in vivo and to confirm the inverse association of the A/A genotype with GC in large epidemiologic studies. ..
- Eger A, Aigner K, Sonderegger S, Dampier B, Oehler S, Schreiber M, et al. DeltaEF1 is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin and regulates epithelial plasticity in breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:2375-85 pubmed..RNA interference-mediated downregulation of deltaEF1 in cancer cells was sufficient to derepress E-cadherin expression and restore cell to cell adhesion, suggesting that deltaEF1 is a key player in late stage carcinogenesis. ..
- Chien M, Chou L, Chung T, Lin C, Chou M, Weng M, et al. Effects of E-cadherin (CDH1) gene promoter polymorphisms on the risk and clinicopathologic development of oral cancer. Head Neck. 2012;34:405-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CDH1-347 polymorphisms are associated with increased risks of oral cancer, and may be a predictive factor for tumor lymph node metastasis. ..
- Vogelaar I, Figueiredo J, van Rooij I, Simões Correia J, van der Post R, Melo S, et al. Identification of germline mutations in the cancer predisposing gene CDH1 in patients with orofacial clefts. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:919-26 pubmed publisher..This finding opens a new pathway to reveal the molecular basis of non-syndromic OFC. Cancer risk among carriers of these mutations needs to be defined. ..
- Reuver S, Garner C. E-cadherin mediated cell adhesion recruits SAP97 into the cortical cytoskeleton. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 8):1071-80 pubmed..Our results are consistent with a model in which SAP97 is recruited to sites of cell-cell contact via an E-cadherin induced assembly of the cortical cytoskeleton. ..
- Kim S, Li Z, Sacks D. E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell attachment activates Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36999-7005 pubmed..These data indicate that E-cadherin activates Cdc42, demonstrating bi-directional interactions between the Rho- and E-cadherin signaling pathways. ..
- Harrison O, Jin X, Hong S, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Brasch J, et al. The extracellular architecture of adherens junctions revealed by crystal structures of type I cadherins. Structure. 2011;19:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with a model for junction assembly involving strong trans and weak cis interactions localized in the ectodomain...
- Corso G, Marrelli D, Pascale V, Vindigni C, Roviello F. Frequency of CDH1 germline mutations in gastric carcinoma coming from high- and low-risk areas: metanalysis and systematic review of the literature. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:8 pubmed publisher..This data could open new approaches in the gastric cancer prevention test; before proposing a proband candidate for the CDH1 genetic screening, geographic variability, alongside the family history should be considered. ..
- Pece S, Gutkind J. Signaling from E-cadherins to the MAPK pathway by the recruitment and activation of epidermal growth factor receptors upon cell-cell contact formation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:41227-33 pubmed
- Chen J, Fang G. MAD2B is an inhibitor of the anaphase-promoting complex. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1765-70 pubmed..Unlike MAD2, whose interaction with MAD1 is required for mitotic checkpoint control, MAD2B does not interact with MAD1, suggesting that MAD2B may relay a different cellular signal to APC. ..
- Nakamura A, Shimazaki T, Kaneko K, Shibata M, Matsumura T, Nagai M, et al. Characterization of DNA polymorphisms in the E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter region. Mutat Res. 2002;502:19-24 pubmed..Variants -472G and -472GA displayed the same promoter activity. The decreased transcriptional activity from variant promoters affects the expression of E-cadherin. ..
- Klingelhofer J, Troyanovsky R, Laur O, Troyanovsky S. Exchange of catenins in cadherin-catenin complex. Oncogene. 2003;22:1181-8 pubmed..This beta-catenin exchange is strongly affected in cells that contain mutations in the tumor suppressor gene APC. This process may contribute significantly to both cell-cell adhesion and beta-catenin-dependent signaling. ..
- Widschwendter A, Ivarsson L, Blassnig A, Müller H, Fiegl H, Wiedemair A, et al. CDH1 and CDH13 methylation in serum is an independent prognostic marker in cervical cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:163-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that detection of aberrant methylation of CDH1/CDH13 may be of potential use as a marker for selecting cervical cancer patients at high risk for relapse who could benefit from additional systemic therapy. ..
- Graziano F, Arduini F, Ruzzo A, Mandolesi A, Bearzi I, Silva R, et al. Combined analysis of E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter hypermethylation and E-cadherin protein expression in patients with gastric cancer: implications for treatment with demethylating drugs. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:489-92 pubmed..The knowledge on the hypermethylation status of tumor suppressor genes may be relevant to the development of demethylating drugs and novel chemopreventive strategies in solid tumors. ..
- Annicotte J, Iankova I, Miard S, Fritz V, Sarruf D, Abella A, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma regulates E-cadherin expression and inhibits growth and invasion of prostate cancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7561-74 pubmed..These results open up new therapeutic perspectives in the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Reinhold W, Reimers M, Maunakea A, Kim S, Lababidi S, Scherf U, et al. Detailed DNA methylation profiles of the E-cadherin promoter in the NCI-60 cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:391-403 pubmed..As has been shown in recent years, DNA methylation status can serve as a biomarker for use in choosing therapy. ..
- Shen Y, Hirsch D, SASIELA C, Wu W. Cdc42 regulates E-cadherin ubiquitination and degradation through an epidermal growth factor receptor to Src-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5127-37 pubmed..Our data support a model that activation of Cdc42 contributes to mesenchyme-like phenotype by targeting of E-cadherin for lysosomal degradation. ..
- Gutierrez G, Tsuji T, Chen M, Jiang W, Ronai Z. Interplay between Cdh1 and JNK activity during the cell cycle. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:686-95 pubmed publisher..This regulatory mechanism between JNK and Cdh1 reveals an important function for JNK during the cell cycle. ..
- Bougen N, Amiry N, Yuan Y, Kong X, Pandey V, Vidal L, et al. Trefoil factor 1 suppression of E-CADHERIN enhances prostate carcinoma cell invasiveness and metastasis. Cancer Lett. 2013;332:19-29 pubmed publisher..The capacity of TFF1 to enhance cell migration/invasion is mediated by transcriptional repression of E-CADHERIN. Consideration of targeted inhibition of TFF1 to prevent metastasis of prostate carcinoma is warranted. ..
- Tang B, Peng Z, Yu P, Yu G, Qian F. Expression and significance of Cx43 and E-cadherin in gastric cancer and metastatic lymph nodes. Med Oncol. 2011;28:502-8 pubmed publisher..However, concurrent increased expression of Cx43 and E-cadherin may contribute to the efficient metastasis of gastric cancer to the lymph nodes. ..
- Morrogh M, Andrade V, Giri D, Sakr R, Paik W, Qin L, et al. Cadherin-catenin complex dissociation in lobular neoplasia of the breast. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:641-52 pubmed publisher..Decreasing membranous catenin expression in tandem with increasing levels of TWIST across the spectrum of lobular lesions suggests that CCC dissociation is a progressive process. ..
- Richards F, McKee S, Rajpar M, Cole T, Evans D, Jankowski J, et al. Germline E-cadherin gene (CDH1) mutations predispose to familial gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:607-10 pubmed..Thus, CDH1 should be investigated as a cause of inherited susceptibility to both gastric and colorectal cancers. ..