Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DYNLL2
Description: dynein light chain LC8-type 2
Alias: DNCL1B, Dlc2, RSPH22, dynein light chain 2, cytoplasmic, 8 kDa dynein light chain b, DLC8b, radial spoke 22 homolog
- Kreko Pierce T, Eaton B. The Drosophila LC8 homolog cut up specifies the axonal transport of proteasomes. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3388-3398 pubmed publisher..analyses reveals that the Drosophila homolog of the LC8 dynein light chains (mammalian DYNLL1 and DYNLL2), called Cut up, binds proteasomes and functions specifically during their transport...
- Lei K, Davis R. JNK phosphorylation of Bim-related members of the Bcl2 family induces Bax-dependent apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2432-7 pubmed..These proapoptotic BH3-only proteins therefore provide a molecular link between the JNK signal transduction pathway and the Bax/Bak-dependent mitochondrial apoptotic machinery. ..
- Bodor A, Radnai L, HetÃ©nyi C, Rapali P, LÃ¡ng A, KÃ¶vÃ©r K, et al. DYNLL2 dynein light chain binds to an extended linear motif of myosin 5a tail that has structural plasticity. Biochemistry. 2014;53:7107-22 pubmed publisher..Among the binding partners of DYNLL2, myosin 5a (myo5a) is a motor protein involved in cargo transport...
- Pfister K, Fisher E, Gibbons I, Hays T, Holzbaur E, McIntosh J, et al. Cytoplasmic dynein nomenclature. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:411-3 pubmed..This nomenclature recognizes the two distinct cytoplasmic dynein complexes and has the flexibility to accommodate the discovery of new subunits and isoforms. ..
- Radnai L, Rapali P, Hódi Z, Süveges D, Molnar T, Kiss B, et al. Affinity, avidity, and kinetics of target sequence binding to LC8 dynein light chain isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38649-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we compared the kinetic and thermodynamic parameters of binding of both mammalian isoforms, DYNLL1 and DYNLL2, to two putative consensus binding motifs (KXTQTX and XG(I/V)QVD) and report only subtle differences...
- Naisbitt S, Valtschanoff J, Allison D, Sala C, Kim E, Craig A, et al. Interaction of the postsynaptic density-95/guanylate kinase domain-associated protein complex with a light chain of myosin-V and dynein. J Neurosci. 2000;20:4524-34 pubmed..A yeast two-hybrid screen with GKAP isolated DLC2, a novel protein 93% identical to the previously cloned 8 kDa dynein light chain (DLC1)...
- Fuhrmann J, Kins S, Rostaing P, El Far O, Kirsch J, Sheng M, et al. Gephyrin interacts with Dynein light chains 1 and 2, components of motor protein complexes. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5393-402 pubmed..Because Dlc-1 and Dlc-2 have been described as stoichiometric components of cytoplasmic dynein and myosin-Va complexes, our results suggest that motor proteins are involved in the subcellular localization of gephyrin. ..
- Puthalakath H, Villunger A, O Reilly L, Beaumont J, Coultas L, Cheney R, et al. Bmf: a proapoptotic BH3-only protein regulated by interaction with the myosin V actin motor complex, activated by anoikis. Science. 2001;293:1829-32 pubmed..Thus, at least two mammalian BH3-only proteins, Bmf and Bim, function to sense intracellular damage by their localization to distinct cytoskeletal structures. ..
- Haraguchi K, Satoh K, Yanai H, Hamada F, Kawabuchi M, Akiyama T. The hDLG-associated protein DAP interacts with dynein light chain and neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Genes Cells. 2000;5:905-911 pubmed..Furthermore, DAP interacted with nNOS and recruited it into the Triton X-100-insoluble fraction of transfected cells. DAP interacts directly with DLC and nNOS, and links these proteins to the NMDA-R-PSD-95 complex. ..
- Day C, Puthalakath H, Skea G, Strasser A, Barsukov I, Lian L, et al. Localization of dynein light chains 1 and 2 and their pro-apoptotic ligands. Biochem J. 2004;377:597-605 pubmed..In vivo DLC2 is found exclusively as a component of the myosin V motor complex and Bmf binds DLC2 selectively...
- Basak P, Leslie H, Dillon R, Muller W, Raouf A, Mowat M. In vivo evidence supporting a metastasis suppressor role for Stard13 (Dlc2) in ErbB2 (Neu) oncogene induced mouse mammary tumours. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Altogether our results indicate that Stard13 acts as a metastasis suppressor rather than a tumor suppressor gene, in Neu oncogene induced mammary tumorigenesis. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...