Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DUSP7
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 7
Alias: MKPX, PYST2, dual specificity protein phosphatase 7, dual specificity protein phosphatase PYST2
- Patterson K, Brummer T, O Brien P, Daly R. Dual-specificity phosphatases: critical regulators with diverse cellular targets. Biochem J. 2009;418:475-89 pubmed..The present review provides an overview of the DUSP family before focusing on atypical DUSPs, emerging as a group of proteins with vastly diverse substrate specificity and function. ..
- Orlev L, Ehud B, Tamar B, Orit S, Yoel K, Witz I. Does the dual-specificity MAPK phosphatase Pyst2-L lead a monogamous relationship with the Erk2 protein?. Immunol Lett. 2004;92:149-56 pubmedThe dual-specificity phosphatase Pyst2-L was found to be highly expressed in leukocytes derived from AML and ALL patients as well as in certain other solid tumors and lymphoblastoid cell lines...
- Levy Nissenbaum O, Sagi Assif O, Raanani P, Avigdor A, Ben Bassat I, Witz I. cDNA microarray analysis reveals an overexpression of the dual-specificity MAPK phosphatase PYST2 in acute leukemia. Methods Enzymol. 2003;366:103-13 pubmed..However, only two of these genes, the dual-specificity MAPK phosphatase PYST2 and the tryptophan 5-hydroxylase, were found to be more highly expressed by the leukemic-phase than by remission-..
- Levy Nissenbaum O, Sagi Assif O, Witz I. Characterization of the dual-specificity phosphatase PYST2 and its transcripts. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2004;39:37-47 pubmedb>PYST2 is a member of a structurally homologous subfamily of MAP kinase phosphatases. A computer-based analysis of the PYST2 locus revealed that it harbors two alternative open reading frames promoted by two conserved promoter regions...
- Vasilaki E, Morikawa M, Koinuma D, Mizutani A, Hirano Y, Ehata S, et al. Ras and TGF-Î² signaling enhance cancer progression by promoting the Î”Np63 transcriptional program. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra84 pubmed publisher..Knocking down all forms of p63 or DUSP6 and DUSP7 (DUSP6/7) inhibited the basal or TGF-Î²-induced or epidermal growth factor (which activates Ras)-induced ..
- Levy Nissenbaum O, Sagi Assif O, Kapon D, Hantisteanu S, Burg T, Raanani P, et al. Dual-specificity phosphatase Pyst2-L is constitutively highly expressed in myeloid leukemia and other malignant cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:7649-60 pubmed..Northern blotting confirmed previous results indicating that the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) phosphatase Pyst2-L was highly expressed in leukocytes obtained from acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients...
- Pasquali C, Curchod M, Walchli S, Espanel X, Guerrier M, Arigoni F, et al. Identification of protein tyrosine phosphatases with specificity for the ligand-activated growth hormone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2228-39 pubmed
- Mills B, Albert G, Halterman M. Expression Profiling of the MAP Kinase Phosphatase Family Reveals a Role for DUSP1 in the Glioblastoma Stem Cell Niche. Cancer Microenviron. 2017;10:57-68 pubmed publisher..REpository for Molecular BRAin Neoplasia DaTa (REMBRANDT) revealed induction (DUSP4, DUSP6), repression (DUSP2, DUSP7-9), or mixed (DUSP1, DUSP5, DUSP10, DUSP15) DUSP transcription of select DUSPs in bulk tumor specimens...
- Amit I, Citri A, Shay T, Lu Y, Katz M, Zhang F, et al. A module of negative feedback regulators defines growth factor signaling. Nat Genet. 2007;39:503-12 pubmed..More generally, our study proposes a mechanistic description of the cellular response to growth factors by defining architectural motifs that underlie the function of signaling networks. ..
- Dowd S, Sneddon A, Keyse S. Isolation of the human genes encoding the pyst1 and Pyst2 phosphatases: characterisation of Pyst2 as a cytosolic dual-specificity MAP kinase phosphatase and its catalytic activation by both MAP and SAP kinases. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 22):3389-99 pubmedWe have isolated the human genes encoding the Pyst1 (MKP-3) and Pyst2 (MKP-X) MAP kinase phosphatases...
- Luan T, Zhang X, Wang S, Song Y, Zhou S, Lin J, et al. Long non-coding RNA MIAT promotes breast cancer progression and functions as ceRNA to regulate DUSP7 expression by sponging miR-155-5p. Oncotarget. 2017;8:76153-76164 pubmed publisher..MIAT acted as a competing endogenous RNA (ceRNA) to regulate the expression of dual specificity phosphatase 7 (DUSP7) by taking up miR-155-5p in breast cancer...
- Smith A, Price C, Cullen M, Muda M, King A, Ozanne B, et al. Chromosomal localization of three human dual specificity phosphatase genes (DUSP4, DUSP6, and DUSP7). Genomics. 1997;42:524-7 pubmed..The genes were localized to three different chromosomes, MKP2 (DUSP4) to 8p11-p12, MKP3 (DUSP6) to 12q22-q23, and MKPX (DUSP7) to 3p21. This will allow the potential roles of these genes in disease processes to be evaluated.
- Li G, Ci W, Karmakar S, Chen K, Dhar R, Fan Z, et al. SPOP promotes tumorigenesis by acting as a key regulatory hub in kidney cancer. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:455-68 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of SPOP specifically kills ccRCC cells, indicating that it may be a promising therapeutic target. Collectively, our results indicate that SPOP serves as a regulatory hub to promote ccRCC tumorigenesis. ..
- Tischer T, Schuh M. The Phosphatase Dusp7 Drives Meiotic Resumption and Chromosome Alignment in Mouse Oocytes. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1426-1437 pubmed publisher..and characterize an essential pathway for the resumption of meiosis that relies on the protein phosphatase DUSP7. DUSP7-depleted oocytes either fail to resume meiosis or resume meiosis with a significant delay...
- Castro Sánchez P, Ramirez Munoz R, Lamana A, Ortiz A, Gonzalez Alvaro I, Roda Navarro P. mRNA profiling identifies low levels of phosphatases dual‐specific phosphatase‐7 (DUSP7) and cell division cycle‐25B (CDC25B) in patients with early arthritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;189:113-119 pubmed publisher..lower transcript levels of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) phosphatase dual-specific phosphatase-7 (DUSP7) and the cell division cycle-25B (CDC25B) in T cells of patients...