Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DUSP23
Description: dual specificity phosphatase 23
Alias: DUSP25, LDP-3, MOSP, VHZ, dual specificity protein phosphatase 23, VH1-like member Z, VH1-like phosphatase Z, low-molecular-mass dual-specificity phosphatase 3, testicular tissue protein Li 59
- Wu A, Tian C, Yan H, Jiao Y, Yan Q, Yang G, et al. Hierarchical MoS2@MoP core-shell heterojunction electrocatalysts for efficient hydrogen evolution reaction over a broad pH range. Nanoscale. 2016;8:11052-9 pubmed publisher..In this study, hierarchical flower-like MoS2@MoP core-shell heterojunctions (HF-MoSP) are designed as a promising catalyst for HER over a broad pH range...
- GALLEGOS L, Ng M, Sowa M, Selfors L, White A, Zervantonakis I, et al. A protein interaction map for cell-cell adhesion regulators identifies DUSP23 as a novel phosphatase for Î²-catenin. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27114 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies of one novel CCARP which links to multiple cell-cell adhesion proteins, the phosphatase DUSP23, revealed that it promotes dephosphorylation of Î²-catenin at Tyr 142 and enhances the interaction between Î±- ..
- St Denis N, Gupta G, Lin Z, Gonzalez Badillo B, Veri A, Knight J, et al. Phenotypic and Interaction Profiling of the Human Phosphatases Identifies Diverse Mitotic Regulators. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2488-2501 pubmed publisher..in mitotic exit, CDC14A in regulating microtubule integrity, PTPRF in mitotic retraction fiber integrity, and DUSP23 in centriole duplication...
- Tang J, Tan C, Li J, Siddique M, Guo K, Chan S, et al. VHZ is a novel centrosomal phosphatase associated with cell growth and human primary cancers. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:128 pubmed publisherVHZ is a VH1-like (member Z) dual specific protein phosphatase encoded by DUSP23 gene. Some of the dual specific protein phosphatases (DSPs) play an important role in cell cycle control and have shown to be associated with carcinogenesis...
- Jeong D, Wei C, Ku B, Jeon T, Chien P, Kim J, et al. The family-wide structure and function of human dual-specificity protein phosphatases. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2014;70:421-35 pubmed publisher..The family-wide structures of DUSPs form a basis for the understanding of phosphorylation-mediated signal transduction and the development of therapeutics. ..
- Reiner A, Beleza S, Franceschini N, Auer P, Robinson J, Kooperberg C, et al. Genome-wide association and population genetic analysis of C-reactive protein in African American and Hispanic American women. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:502-12 pubmed publisher..The genetic architecture underlying the CRP phenotype in AA women is complex and involves genetic variants shared across populations, as well as variants specific to populations of African descent. ..
- Lin F, Chang C, Cheong M, Chen H, Lee D, Chang G, et al. Dual-specificity phosphatase 23 mediates GCM1 dephosphorylation and activation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:848-61 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the interaction of GCM1 and dual-specificity phosphatase 23 (DUSP23) is enhanced by PKA-dependent phosphorylation of GCM1 on Ser269 and Ser275...
- Smith A, Rohrer B, Wheless L, Samantaray S, Ray S, Inoue J, et al. Calpain inhibition reduces structural and functional impairment of retinal ganglion cells in experimental optic neuritis. J Neurochem. 2016;139:270-284 pubmed publisher..acuity and preserves retinal ganglion cells (Brn3a, brain-specific homeobox/POU domain protein 3A) and their axons (MOSP, myelin oligodendrocyte-specific protein)...
- Balada E, Felip L, Ordi Ros J, Vilardell Tarres M. DUSP23 is over-expressed and linked to the expression of DNMTs in CD4+ T cells from systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;187:242-250 pubmed publisherWe evaluated the transcriptional expression of dual-specificity protein phosphatase 23 (DUSP23) in CD4+ T cells from 30 systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients and 30 healthy controls...
- Nyberg F, Barratt B, Mushiroda T, Takahashi A, Jawaid A, Hada S, et al. Interstitial lung disease in gefitinib-treated Japanese patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: genome-wide analysis of genetic data. Pharmacogenomics. 2011;12:965-75 pubmed publisher..Our top results may provide a useful hypothesis-generating starting point for further research. ..
- Puthenveetil R, Kumar S, Caimano M, Dey A, Anand A, Vinogradova O, et al. The major outer sheath protein forms distinct conformers and multimeric complexes in the outer membrane and periplasm of Treponema denticola. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13260 pubmed publisherThe major outer sheath protein (MOSP) is a prominent constituent of the cell envelope of Treponema denticola (TDE) and one of its principal virulence determinants...
- Friedberg I, Nika K, Tautz L, Saito K, Cerignoli F, Friedberg I, et al. Identification and characterization of DUSP27, a novel dual-specific protein phosphatase. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2527-33 pubmed..DUSP27 is an active enzyme, and its kinetic parameters and were determined. DUSP27 is a cytosolic enzyme, expressed in skeletal muscle, liver and adipose tissue, suggesting its possible role in energy metabolism. ..