Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DTNB
Description: dystrobrevin, beta
Alias: DTN-B, beta-dystrobrevin, dystrobrevin beta
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Role of -SH groups in rat sugar intestinal transport in vivoN Diez
Departamento de Fisiología y Nutrición, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Rev Esp Fisiol 48:127-32. 1992..of p-chloromercuribenzoic acid (pCMB), either alone or in the presence of 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), on the 1 mM galactose absorption by in vivo perfused rat intestine has been studied. At 0...
- Differential cold-adaptation among protein components of the thioredoxin system in the psychrophilic eubacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis TAC 125Roberta Cotugno
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
Mol Biosyst 5:519-28. 2009..In particular, rPhTrxR catalyses the NADPH dependent reduction of DTNB and rPhTrx provokes the insulin precipitation in the presence of DTT...
- Potentiation of acid-sensing ion channels by sulfhydryl compoundsJun Hyeong Cho
Dept of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C2161-74. 2007..This effect was reversed by the oxidizing agent DTNB in hASIC1a, supporting the hypothesis that DTT also impacts ASICs via a redox-sensitive site...
- Interleukin-8, nitric oxide and glutathione status in proliferative vitreoretinopathy and proliferative diabetic retinopathyErdogan Cicik
Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 35:251-5. 2003....
- Polyamine and redox modulation of [3H]MK-801 binding to N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the spinal cord and cerebral cortexE Sundstrom
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Neurotec, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacol Toxicol 88:342-8. 2001..2 mM 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) in the cerebral cortex while there was only a partial effect in the spinal cord...
- MLC1 trafficking and membrane expression in astrocytes: role of caveolin-1 and phosphorylationAngela Lanciotti
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 37:581-95. 2010..Because pathological mutations prevent MLC1 membrane expression, the identification of substances regulating MLC1 intracellular trafficking is potentially relevant for the therapy of MLC...
- beta-dystrobrevin, a new member of the dystrophin family. Identification, cloning, and protein associationsM F Peters
Department of Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7545, USA
J Biol Chem 272:31561-9. 1997....
- beta-dystrobrevin, a member of the dystrophin-related protein familyD J Blake
Genetics Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:241-6. 1998..This finding may be relevant to the cognitive dysfunction affecting many patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
- Reinvestigation of the dysbindin subunit of BLOC-1 (biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1) as a dystrobrevin-binding proteinRamin Nazarian
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Biochem J 395:587-98. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that dysbindin assembled into BLOC-1 is not a physiological binding partner of the dystrobrevins, likely due to engagement of its dystrobrevin-binding region in interactions with other subunits...
- Identification and characterization of a novel member of the dystrobrevin gene familyA A Puca
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, Milan, Italy
FEBS Lett 425:7-13. 1998..Immunostaining studies indicate that DTN-B and DTN expression is absent in affected muscle fibers from DMD patients and carriers...
- Erythrocyte glutathione peroxidase, glutathione reductase activities and blood glutathione content in leprosyC V Balasubrahmanya Prasad
Department of Biochemistry, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum 590 010, India
J Infect 56:469-73. 2008..The objective of the present study was to assess blood glutathione content and erythrocyte antioxidant enzyme activities of glutathione peroxidase and glutathione reductase in leprosy...
- No selenium required: reactions catalyzed by mammalian thioredoxin reductase that are independent of a selenocysteine residueAdam P Lothrop
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Given Building Room B413, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Biochemistry 48:6213-23. 2009..Tat protein, H(2)O(2), lipid hydroperoxides, vitamin K, ubiquinone, juglone, ninhydrin, alloxan, dehydroascorbate, DTNB, lipoic acid/lipoamide, S-nitrosoglutathione, selenodiglutathione, selenite, methylseleninate, and selenocystine...
- Advantages of the WRAIR whole blood cholinesterase assay: comparative analysis to the micro-Ellman, Test-mate ChE, and Michel (DeltapH) assaysJulian R Haigh
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Division of Biochemistry, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Chem Biol Interact 175:417-20. 2008..These samples were measured using four different ChE assays: (i) colorimetric microEllman (using DTNB at 412 nm), (ii) Test-mate ChE field kit (also based on the Ellman assay), (iii) Michel (delta pH), and (iv) the ..
- Flavodoxin:quinone reductase (FqrB): a redox partner of pyruvate:ferredoxin oxidoreductase that reversibly couples pyruvate oxidation to NADPH production in Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuniMartin St Maurice
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia Health Systems, 409 Lane Road, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Bacteriol 189:4764-73. 2007..or benzoquinone and weak activity with cytochrome c, molecular oxygen, and 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB)...
- Assessment of acetylcholinesterase activity in Clarias gariepinus as a biomarker of organophosphate and carbamate exposureRobinson H Mdegela
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Public Health, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Ecotoxicology 19:855-63. 2010..and brain homogenates of unexposed and exposed fish using Ellman's method and 5,5'-dithiobis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) chromophore...
- Characterization of Deinococcus radiophilus thioredoxin reductase active with both NADH and NADPHHee Jeong Seo
Department of Microbiology, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 48:637-43. 2010..2 μM and 192 μM/min. The Km and Vmax for 5, 5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB, a substituted substrate for thioredoxin) are 463 μM and 756 μM/min, respectively...
- DNA damage, apoptosis and cell cycle changes induced by fluoride in rat oral mucosal cells and hepatocytesLing Fei He
Department of Dental Medicine, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:1144-8. 2006..To study the effect of fluoride on oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis as well as cell cycle of rat oral mucosal cells and hepatocytes...
- Thiol/disulfide exchange is required for membrane fusion directed by the Newcastle disease virus fusion proteinSurbhi Jain
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Virol 81:2328-39. 2007..We found that inhibitors of cell surface thiol/disulfide isomerase activity--5'5-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), bacitracin, and anti-protein disulfide isomerase antibody--inhibited cell-cell fusion and virus entry but had no ..
- Modulation of [3H]dopamine release by glutathione in mouse striatal slicesRéka Janáky
Brain Research Center, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Neurochem Res 32:1357-64. 2007..5,5'-Dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoate (DTNB) and L-cystine were also inhibitory, while dithiothreitol (DTT) and L-cysteine enhanced the K(+)-evoked release...
- Purification, some properties of a D-galactose-binding leaf lectin from Erythrina indica and further characterization of seed lectinEmadeldin H E Konozy
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Biochimie 84:1035-43. 2002..Chemical modification studies of both EiLL and Erythrina indica seed lectin (EiSL) with phenylglyoxal, DEP and DTNB revealed an absence of arginine, histidine and cysteine, respectively, in or near the ligand-binding site of both ..
- Purification, tandem mass characterization, and inhibition studies of oxidosqualene-lanosterol cyclase enzyme from bovine liverTung Kung Wu
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, 300 Hsin Chu, Taiwan, China
Arch Biochem Biophys 421:42-53. 2004..79 microM, respectively. Results from DTNB modification and DTNB coupled with Ro48-8071 competition study suggest that two sulfhydryl groups are involved in ..
- Differential mechanisms of urethral smooth muscle relaxation by several NO donors and nitric oxideA Garcia-Pascual
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 360:80-91. 1999..Oxidation of sarcolemmal thiol groups with 5-5'-dithio-bis[2-nitrobenzoic acid] (DTNB; 0...
- Essential cysteines in 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonic acid 8-phosphate synthase from Escherichia coli: analysis by chemical modification and site-directed mutagenesisH M Salleh
Interdepartmental Program in Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Biochemistry 35:8942-7. 1996..8-P) and inorganic phosphate (Pi) was inactivated by the thiol-modifying reagents 5,5-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB) and methyl methanethiosulfonate (MMTS)...
- Redox modulation of peripheral T-type Ca2+ channels in vivo: alteration of nerve injury-induced thermal hyperalgesiaSlobodan M Todorovic
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, Mail Box 800710, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
Pain 109:328-39. 2004..Here, we studied the effects of locally applied redox agents (L-cysteine and 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) on thermal hyperalgesia in animals with neuropathic pain due to chronic constrictive injury (CCI) of the sciatic ..
- Role of cysteine 337 and cysteine 340 in flavoprotein that functions as NADH oxidase from Amphibacillus xylanus studied by site-directed mutagenesisK Ohnishi
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:5812-7. 1995..The NADH:5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) oxidoreductase activities of all mutant enzymes were less than 3% of the activity of wild-type enzyme...
- H(2)O(2) modulates purinergic-dependent calcium signalling in osteoblast-like cellsPaola D'Andrea
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Biofisica e Chimica delle Macromolecole, Universita degli Studi di Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Cell Calcium 43:457-68. 2008..On the other hand, the membrane-impermeant thiol oxidant DTNB induced calcium oscillations that were inhibited by incubating the cells with suramin or apyrase...
- Chemical modification of specific active site amino acid residues of Enterobacter aerogenes glycerol dehydrogenaseAnjali Pandey
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 17:49-53. 2002..b>DTNB titration showed the presence of only a single cysteine residue per monomer of G1DH...
- Acetyl-CoA hydrolase activity and function in Ascaris suum muscle mitochondriaZ S de Mata
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 116:379-83. 1997..However, when incubated in the presence of 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), acetyl-CoA or propionyl-CoA are hydrolyzed to form free coenzyme A...
- Role of beta-dystrobrevin in nonmuscle dystrophin-associated protein complex-like complexes in kidney and liverN Y Loh
Department of Human Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 21:7442-8. 2001..the role of beta-dystrobrevin in the function of nonmuscle tissues, we generated beta-dystrobrevin-deficient (dtnb(-/-)) mice by gene targeting. dtnb(-/-) mice are healthy, fertile, and normal in appearance...
- Dystrobrevin and dystrophin family gene expression in zebrafishSabrina Böhm
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Gene Expr Patterns 8:71-8. 2008..beta-dystrobrevin (dtnb) is expressed in the pronephric duct and widely at low levels...
- The sulfonylurea-inhibited NADH oxidase activity of HeLa cell plasma membranes has properties of a protein disulfide-thiol oxidoreductase with protein disulfide-thiol interchange activityD J Morre
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 30:477-87. 1998..Direct assay of protein thiols by reaction with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB; Ellman's reagent), suggests that protein disulfides may be the natural electron acceptors for NADH oxidation by ..
- Cloning and expression of the gene encoding the Thermoanaerobacter ethanolicus 39E secondary-alcohol dehydrogenase and biochemical characterization of the enzymeD S Burdette
Biochemistry Department, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Biochem J 316:115-22. 1996..The enzyme was inactivated by chemical modification with dithionitrobenzoate (DTNB) and diethylpyrocarbonate, indicating that Cys and His residues are involved in catalysis...
- Comparison of the conformational stability of the non-native alpha-helical intermediate of thiol-modified beta-lactoglobulin upon interaction with sodium n-alkyl sulfates at two different pHJ Chamani
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Islamic Azad University Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
J Colloid Interface Sci 299:636-46. 2006..This thiol group was specifically reacted with DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid)) at pH 7...
- Glutathione content of in vivo and in vitro matured canine oocytes collected from different reproductive stagesMin Kyu Kim
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Vet Med Sci 69:627-32. 2007..GSH concentrations were determined by the dithionitrobenzoic acid-glutathione disulfide (DTNB-GSSG) reductase recycling assay. GSH concentrations of immature canine oocytes were 2.9 and 3.8, 3.5 and 6.8, and 3...
- Protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) associates with NADPH oxidase and is required for phagocytosis of Leishmania chagasi promastigotes by macrophagesCelio X C Santos
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, CEP 05403 000 São Paulo, Brazil
J Leukoc Biol 86:989-98. 2009..but not amastigote phagocytosis was inhibited significantly by macrophage incubation with thiol/PDI inhibitors DTNB, bacitracin, phenylarsine oxide, and neutralizing PDI antibody in a parasite redox-dependent way...
- Detection of glutathione reductase after electrophoresis on native or sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gelsWen Chi Hou
Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 25:2926-31. 2004..9) containing 4.0 mM oxidized glutathione (GSSG), 1.5 mM NADPH, and 2 mM 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) for 20 min. The GR activity was negatively stained in the dark by a solution containing 1...
- [Differences of acetylcholinesterase level in variety classes and strains of Culex pipiens pallens]Shi Gen Li
Department of Parasitology, Jining Medical College, Jining 272013, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:511-4. 2009..To investigate the diversity of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity in variety classes and strains of Culex pipiens pallens and provide a basis for the insecticide-resistance detection of mosquito by biochemical method...
- Thioredoxin system from Deinococcus radioduransJosiah Obiero
Department of Chemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon S7N 5C9, Canada
J Bacteriol 192:494-501. 2010..demonstrated using well-established assays of insulin precipitation (for Trx), 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) reduction, and insulin reduction (for TrxR)...
- Depolarization of isolated brain nerve endings by nitric oxide donors: membrane mechanismsA A Mongin
Albany Medical College A 60, Albany, NY, 12208, USA
Biochemistry (Mosc) 63:662-70. 1998..The effects of NO donors were mimicked by SH-modifying reagents including 5, 5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and N-ethylmaleimide (NEM)...
- Chemical modification of beta-glucosidase from Trichoderma reesei QM 9414I de la Mata
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular I, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
J Biochem 114:754-9. 1993..002 mM-1.min-1. Treatment of the modified enzyme with 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) showed that one cysteine residue was essential for activity. At pH 5...
- Dibucaine inhibition of serum cholinesteraseBabiker Elamin
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, P O Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:149-53. 2003..The enzyme was assayed colorimetrically by the reaction of 5,5'-dithiobis-[2-nitrobenzoic acid] (DTNB) with the free sulfhydryl groups of thiocholine that were produced by the enzyme reaction with butrylthiocholine (..
- Uptake and reduction of alpha-lipoic acid by human erythrocytesJames M May
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 715 Preston Research Building, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6303, USA
Clin Biochem 40:1135-42. 2007..In this work we targeted the antioxidant capacity of pyridine nucleotide disulfide reductases of these cells by measuring their ability to reduce the disulfide alpha-lipoic acid...
- Purification and catalytic properties of glutathione transferase from the hepatopancreas of crayfish macrobrachium vollenhovenii (herklots)Isaac Olusanjo Adewale
Department of Biochemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 18:332-44. 2004..Chemical modification studies with DTNB revealed that two sulphydryl groups per dimer were essential to the activity of the enzymes...
- Allicin and disulfiram enhance platelet integrin alphaIIbbeta3-fibrinogen bindingYoav Manaster
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute and Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Thromb Res 124:477-82. 2009..The present study is aimed to support the hypothesis that prevention of specific alphaIIbbeta3 intra-molecular disulfide bond formation increases receptor-ligand binding activity...
- Sinapinic acid can replace ascorbate in the biotin switch assayVasantha Madhuri Kallakunta
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 275 1, EH, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N9B3P4, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:23-30. 2010..We report a modification of the biotin switch assay where sinapinic acid is utilized instead of ascorbate to eliminate potential artifacts in the detection of S-nitrosated proteins...
- Evaluation of flow injection analysis for determination of cholinesterase activities in biological materialJiri Cabal
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Military Health Sciences, University of Defense, Trebesska 1575, 500 01 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Chem Biol Interact 187:225-8. 2010..flowing to dialyzer; reaction product (thiocholine) is dialyzed and mixed with 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) transported to flow spectrophotometer. Flowing of all materials is realised using peristaltic pump...
- Purification and some properties of a chloramphenicol acetyltransferase mediated by plasmids from Vibrio anguillarumS Masuyoshi
Laboratory of Drug Resistance in Bacteria, Gunma University School of Medicine, Japan
J Biochem 104:131-5. 1988..Enzyme activity was inhibited by HgCl2, p-chloromercuribenzoate (p-CMB), 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), and ethylendiaminotetraacetic acid (EDTA). The half life at 53 degrees C was approximately 100 min.
- Identification of an essential cysteine residue in pyridoxal phosphatase from human erythrocytesG Gao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
J Biol Chem 269:8234-9. 1994..Incorporation of either 1 mol of 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), 0.6 mol of iodo[3H]acetate, or 0...
- Effect of cysteine residues on the activity of arginyl-tRNA synthetase from Escherichia coliM Liu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia Sinica, China
Biochemistry 38:11006-11. 1999..Titration of sulfhydryl groups in ArgRS by 5, 5'-dithiobis(2-nitro benzoic acid) (DTNB) suggested that a disulfide bond was not formed in the enzyme and that, in the native condition, two DTNB-sensitive ..
- Hydrogen sulfide as a novel nociceptive messengerAtsufumi Kawabata
Division of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, Higashi Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Pain 132:74-81. 2007..The H(2)S-evoked hyperalgesia was blocked by 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), an oxidizing agent, or ethosuximide and mibefradil, T-type Ca(2+) channel inhibitors...
- Purification and characterization of a thiol amylase over produced by a non-cereal non-leguminous plant, Tinospora cordifoliaAbhishek Mukherjee
Department of Biotechnology, Heritage Institute of Technology, Anandapur, East Kolkata Township, Kolkata 700 107, West Bengal, India
Carbohydr Res 345:2731-5. 2010..Activity was stable in the pH range of 4-7 and at temperatures up to 60°C. PCMB, iodoacetic acid, iodoacetamide, DTNB, and heavy metal ions Hg(2+)>Ag(+)>Cd(2+) inhibited enzyme activity while Ca(2+) improved both activity and ..
- Molecular docking studies of dithionitrobenzoic acid and its related compounds to protein disulfide isomerase: computational screening of inhibitors to HIV-1 entryUthaman Gowthaman
Bioinformatics Centres of BTISnet at Pondicherry University and IIT Delhi, India
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S14. 2008..This study attempts to perceive the mode of binding of dithionitrobenzoic acid (DTNB), and its structurally related compounds on PDI enzyme.
- Mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase purification, inhibitor studies, and role in cell signalingMaria Pia Rigobello
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Methods Enzymol 474:109-22. 2010..Although several methods are available to detect the activity of this enzyme, reduction of DTNB is an easy and inexpensive test that can be applied not only to the highly purified enzyme but also to lysed ..
- Mono- (Ag, Hg) and di- (Cu, Hg) valent metal ions effects on the activity of jack bean urease. Probing the modes of metal binding to the enzymeBarbara Krajewska
Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Chemistry, 30 060, Krakow, Ingardena 3, Poland
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 23:535-42. 2008..The titration carried out with DTNB was done to examine the involvement of urease thiol groups in metal ion binding...
- Role of Tyr84 in controlling the reactivity of Cys34 of human albuminAlan J Stewart
School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JJ, UK
FEBS J 272:353-62. 2005..We show that the reaction of 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) with Tyr84Phe mutant albumin is approximately four times faster than with the wild-type protein between pH 6 and ..
- Accumulation of genistein and lipophilic genistein derivatives in lipoproteins during incubation with human plasma in vitroMaija Kaamanen
Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki 00014, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1631:147-52. 2003..both with and without the lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) inhibitor dithionitrobenzoic acid (DTNB)...
- Topography and chemical reactivity of the active-inactive transition-sensitive SH-group in the mitochondrial NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase (Complex I)Irina S Gostimskaya
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow 119992, Russian Federation
Biochim Biophys Acta 1757:1155-61. 2006..using the membrane penetrating N-ethylmaleimide (NEM) and non-penetrating anionic 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB) as the specific inhibitors of the enzyme in mitochondria and inside-out submitochondrial particles (SMP)...
- Ellman's reagent in promoting crystallization and structure determination of Anabaena CcbPXue Xin Fan
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, and Biodynamic Optical Imaging Center BIOPIC, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, No 5 Yiheyuan Road, Beijing 100871, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 68:1409-14. 2012..In this report, the promoting effect of Ellman's reagent [5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid); DTNB] on the crystallization of CcbP is described. CcbP contains one free cysteine...
- Involvement of amino-acid side chains of membrane proteins in the binding of glutathione to pig cerebral cortical membranesAndrás Hermann
Tampere Brain Research Center, Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
Neurochem Res 27:389-94. 2002..Treatment of synaptic membranes with the thiol-modifying reagents 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB) and 4,4'-dithiodipyridine (DDP) dramatically enhanced the binding of [3H]GSH in a dose-dependent manner...
- Changes in sulfhydryl content of egg white proteins due to heat and pressure treatmentIesel Van der Plancken
Laboratory of Food Technology, Department of Food and Microbial Technology, Faculty of Applied Bioscience and Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 53:5726-33. 2005..high-pressure treatments (100-700 MPa, 10-60 degrees C) was determined using 5',5-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), both for the soluble fraction and the total protein fraction. Only irreversible changes were taken into account...
- Development and validation of a plate technique for screening of microorganisms that produce volatile sulfur compoundsHugues Guichard
Adria Normandie, Boulevard du 13 Juin 1944, BP2, F 14310 Villers Bocage, France
Anal Biochem 338:299-305. 2005..A plate assay based on double-layer petri dishes containing 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB), a chemical used for the estimation of free thiols, in the upper layer provides an easy and reliable detection ..
- Radiosensitizing effect of oleanolic acid on tumor cells through the inhibition of GSH synthesis in vitroJuan Wang
Teaching and Research Section of Nuclear Medicine, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, PR China
Oncol Rep 30:917-24. 2013..following various pretreatments were determined using glutathione reductase/5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) recycling assay...
- Antidepressant-like responses in the forced swimming test elicited by glutathione and redox modulationJuliana M Rosa
Department of Biochemistry, Biological Sciences Centre, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 88040 900 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 253:165-72. 2013..Moreover, a sub-effective dose (0.01nmol/site, i.c.v.) of the oxidizing agent DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid)) potentiated the effect of GSH (100nmol/site, i.c.v...
- Association/dissociation of gonadotropin subunits involves disulfide bridge disruption which is influenced by carbohydrate moietyColette Galet
INRA CNRS Tours University, Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:868-73. 2004..At neutral pH and 37 degrees C, DTNB and 2-nitro-5-thiocyanobenzoic acid (NTCB) were found to react with two cysteine residues (i.e...
- Ultrasensitive and selective homogeneous sandwich immunoassay detection by Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS)Mustafa Ersin Pekdemir
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Etiler, Ankara, Turkey
Analyst 137:4834-40. 2012..by design and contain self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) of a SERS tag molecule (5,5-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid), DTNB) and carboxylic functionalities of DTNB for coupling with a suitable antibody...
- Locking the hydrophobic loop 262-274 to G-actin surface by a disulfide bridge prevents filament formationAlexander Shvetsov
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Biochemistry 41:10787-93. 2002..catalysts resulted in an increased electrophoretic mobility of actin on SDS PAGE and a loss of two cysteines by DTNB titrations, consistent with disulfide formation...
- The kinetic study of arginine kinase from the sea cucumber Stichopus japonicus with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid)Zhao Feng
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, School of Life Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Int J Biol Macromol 36:184-90. 2005..Its modification and inactivation course with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and the reactivation course of DTNB-modified AK by dithiothreitol were investigated on the basis of the kinetic ..
- Selective optical sensing of biothiols with Ellman's reagent: 5,5'-Dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid)-modified gold nanoparticlesKubilay Güçlü
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Istanbul University, Avcilar, 34320 Istanbul, Turkey
Anal Chim Acta 794:90-8. 2013..We present a new optical sensor using Ellman's reagent (DTNB)-adsorbed gold nanoparticles (Au-NPs) (DTNB-Au-NP) in a colloidal solution devised to selectively determine ..
- Immobilization of carbonic anhydrase enzyme purified from Bacillus subtilis VSG-4 and its application as CO(2) sequestererM Oviya
Department of Biotechnology, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 42:462-75. 2012..was inhibited by Pb(2+), Hg(2+), ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA), 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB), and acetazolamide...
- A Sleeping Beauty mutagenesis screen reveals a tumor suppressor role for Ncoa2/Src-2 in liver cancerKathryn A O'Donnell
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1377-86. 2012..knockdown in a liver progenitor cell line further validate three of these genes, Ncoa2/Src-2, Zfx, and Dtnb, as tumor suppressors in liver cancer...
- An enzyme-initiated Smiles rearrangement enables the development of an assay of MshB, the GlcNAc-Ins deacetylase of mycothiol biosynthesisDirk A Lamprecht
Department of Biochemistry, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602, South Africa
Org Biomol Chem 10:5278-88. 2012..for the development of the first continuous assay of MshB activity based on the detection of thiol formation by DTNB (Ellman's reagent); such an assay should be ideally suited for the identification of MshB inhibitors by means of ..
- Coupled action of γ-glutamyl transpeptidase-glutathione and keratinase effectively degrades feather keratin and surrogate prion protein, Sup 35NMRicha Sharma
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi 110021, India
Bioresour Technol 120:314-7. 2012..mechanism of sulfitolysis revealed involvement of free cystinyl group as a source of redox during colonization as DTNB inhibited feather degradation by rKP2...
- Effect of protein-modifying reagents on ecto-apyrase from rat brainM R Wink
, ICBS, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 32:105-13. 2000..Otherwise, PMSF, a seryl protein modifier and DTNB, a SH-group modifier did not affect either ATPase or ADPase activity...
- Potential hydrophobic interaction between two cysteines in interior hydrophobic region improves thermostability of a family 11 xylanase from Neocallimastix patriciarumChun You
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Biotechnol Bioeng 105:861-70. 2010..201, rather than the disulfide bond formation which was ruled out by thiol titration with dithionitrobenzoic acid (DTNB)...
- Structural and functional studies of the human selenium binding protein-1 and its involvement in hepatocellular carcinomaRaffaele Raucci
INT CROM, Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute Cancer Research Center, via Ammiraglio Bianco, 83013 Mercogliano, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:513-22. 2011..studied the energetic stability of the protein by molecular dynamics simulations, and titrated the cysteines by DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid)...
- 5,5'-Dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) as a probe for a non-essential cysteine residue at the medium chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase binding site of the human 'electron transferring flavoprotein' (ETF)A Parker
Department of Biochemistry, University College Dublin, Ireland
J Enzyme Inhib 14:381-90. 1999..flavoprotein' (ETF) was inactivated by the thiol-specific reagent 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB)...
- Structural and functional characterization of CcmG from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a key component of the bacterial cytochrome c maturation apparatusAdele Di Matteo
Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Istituto di Biologia e Patologia Molecolari del CNR, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Piazzale A Moro 5, 00185, Roma, Italy
Proteins 78:2213-21. 2010..intramolecular disulfide of oxidized Pa-CcmH, but the intermolecular disulfide formed between Cys28 of Pa-CcmH and DTNB used for the in vitro experiments...
- A high sensitive assay platform based on surface-enhanced Raman scattering for quantification of protease activityNazife Nur Yazgan
Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Talanta 82:631-9. 2010..label, comprising self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) of Raman reporter molecule (5,5-Dithiobis (2-Nitrobenzoic acid), DTNB), was coated on the surface of the nanoparticles...
- Conformational stability of pig citrate synthase and some active-site mutantsW Zhi
Pre Clinical Science Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Biochemistry 30:9281-6. 1991..studied in thermal denaturation experiments by circular dichroism and in urea denaturation experiments by using DTNB to measure the appearance of latent SH groups...
- Effects of superoxide anion generators and thiol modulators on nitrergic transmission and relaxation to exogenous nitric oxide in the sheep urethraA Garcia-Pascual
Department of Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 129:53-62. 2000..The thiol modulators, ethacrynic acid (0.1 mM), diamide (1.5 mM), or 5,5'-dithio-bis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB, 0...
- The role of lithium in modulation of brain genes: relevance for aetiology and treatment of bipolar disorderS Hossein Fatemi
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, MMC 392, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1090-5. 2009..Comt (catechol-O-methyltransferase), Vapa (vesicle-associated membrane protein-associated protein A), Dtnb (dystrobrevin beta) and Pkd1 (polycystic kidney disease 1), were significantly altered in our microarray dataset along with ..
- Crystal structure and catalytic properties of Bacillus anthracis CoADR-RHD: implications for flavin-linked sulfur traffickingJamie R Wallen
Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University Schoolof Medicine, Center for Structural Biology, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Biochemistry 48:9650-67. 2009..with the alternate disulfide substrates methyl methanethiolsulfonate (MMTS) and 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB), including the appropriate Cys --> Ser mutants, demonstrate that MMTS reduction occurs within the CoADR active ..
- A visible wavelength spectrophotometric assay suitable for high-throughput screening of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA synthaseD Andrew Skaff
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Anal Biochem 396:96-102. 2010..The assay uses dithiobisnitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) to detect coenzyme A (CoASH) release on acetylation of enzyme by the substrate acetyl-CoA, which precedes ..
- Relative sensitivities of plasma lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, and paraoxonase to in vitro gas-phase cigarette smoke exposureJ K Bielicki
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California at Berkeley, Donner Laboratory MS 1 213, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Atherosclerosis 155:71-8. 2001..the free cysteine residues of these enzymes with the reversible thiol-modifying reagent dithiobisnitrobenzoic acid (DTNB)...
- Dysbindin, a novel coiled-coil-containing protein that interacts with the dystrobrevins in muscle and brainM A Benson
Department of Human Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:24232-41. 2001..These findings have implications for the molecular pathology of Duchenne muscular dystrophy and may provide an alternative route for anchoring dystrobrevin and the DPC to the muscle membrane...
- Identification of different classes of nonessential sulfhydryl groups in Escherichia coli adenylosuccinate synthetaseQ Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Iowa State University, Ames 50011
Arch Biochem Biophys 276:77-84. 1990Reaction of Escherichia coli adenylosuccinate synthetase with the thiol reagent 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) or N-ethylmaleimide (NEM) leads to modification of one cysteine residue per enzyme monomer without significant loss ..
- Contrasting effects of intracellular redox couples on the regulation of maxi-K channels in isolated myocytes from rabbit pulmonary arteryD Thuringer
CNRS UMR 6542, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Universite de Tours, France
J Physiol 500:583-92. 1997..3. The oxidizing agent 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB, 1 mM) activated maxi-K channels by inducing a negative shift of the activity-voltage curve, while the reducing ..
- Sulfhydryl reactivity demonstrates different conformational states for arrestin, arrestin activated by a synthetic phosphopeptide, and constitutively active arrestinJ H McDowell
Departments of Ophthalmology, Neuroscience, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0284, USA
Biochemistry 38:6119-25. 1999The sulfhydryl groups of the three cysteines in bovine arrestin react with DTNB very slowly (over a period of several hours)...
- Requirement for the two AhpF cystine disulfide centers in catalysis of peroxide reduction by alkyl hydroperoxide reductaseM Li Calzi
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Biochemistry 36:13357-64. 1997..Both DTNB and AhpC reduction by AhpF are dramatically affected by each of these mutations, dropping to less than 5% for DTNB ..
- Giardia lamblia: evidence for carrier-mediated uptake and release of conjugated bile acidsS Das
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas, El Paso 79968, USA
Exp Parasitol 87:133-41. 1997..In addition, C-tau uptake was more strongly inhibited by DTNB and several organic anions than C-gly uptake...
- Role of reactive oxygen species in cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum-induced cytotoxicity on bladder cancer cellsA Miyajima
Department of Urology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 76:206-10. 1997..The effects of GSH depletors on intracellular GSH levels were confirmed using the GSH reductase-DTNB recycling method...
- Evidence for the co-existence of glutathione reductase and trypanothione reductase in the non-trypanosomatid Euglenozoa: Euglena gracilis ZF Montrichard
G B B M V EA917, UFR Sciences, Angers, France
FEBS Lett 442:29-33. 1999..but not glutathione disulfide, nor Escherichia coli thioredoxin disulfide, nor 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB)...
- A structurally driven analysis of thiol reactivity in mammalian albuminsOttavia Spiga
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena and SienaBiografix Srl, Siena 53100, Italy
Biopolymers 95:278-85. 2011..protein structural features with the corresponding reaction rates of thiol exchange between albumin and disulfide DTNB. Predicted structures of rat, porcine, and bovine albumins have been compared with the experimentally derived human ..
- A rapid method for detection of genetically modified organisms based on magnetic separation and surface-enhanced Raman scatteringBurcu Guven
Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hacettepe University, Beytepe, Ankara, 06800, Turkey
Analyst 137:202-8. 2012..A self assembled monolayer was formed on gold nanorods using 5,5'-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and the second probe of the 35 S DNA target was immobilized on the activated nanorod surfaces...
- An electrochemical sulfite biosensor based on gold coated magnetic nanoparticles modified gold electrodeRachna Rawal
Department of Biochemistry, M D University, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
Biosens Bioelectron 31:144-50. 2012..There was good correlation (r=0.99) between red wines sulfite value by standard DTNB (5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid)) method and the present method...
- Evaluation of 6,6'-dithionicotinic acid as alternative chromogen in a modified Ellman method--comparison in various speciesTimo Wille
Bundeswehr Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Munich, Germany
Toxicol Mech Methods 21:533-7. 2011..testing is done with the colorimetric Ellman test using 412 nm wavelength and 5,5'-dithiobis-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) as chromogen...
- Monothiol glutaredoxin cDNA from Taiwanofungus camphorata: a novel CGFS-type glutaredoxin possessing glutathione reductase activityChuian Fu Ken
Institute of Biotechnology, National Changhua University of Education, Changhua, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 59:3828-35. 2011..The enzyme exhibited glutathione reductase (GR) activity via dithionitrobenzoate (DTNB) assay. The Michaelis constant (K(M)) values for GSSG and NADPH were 0.064 and 0.041 mM, respectively...
- Hypoxia increases the sensitivity of the L-type Ca(2+) current to beta-adrenergic receptor stimulation via a C2 region-containing protein kinase C isoformL C Hool
Department of Physiology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia
Circ Res 87:1164-71. 2000..6+/-0.1 nmol/L. The membrane-impermeant thiol-specific oxidizing compound 5, 5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) attenuated the inhibition of basal I:(Ca-L) by hypoxia 81.3+/-9...
- Reactivity of metallothioneins of frog Rana ridibunda treated by copper and zinc ionsH I Falfushynska
Volodymyr Hnatyuk Ternopil National Pedagogical University, Ukraine
Ukr Biokhim Zh 82:31-40. 2010..vertebrates, frogs demonstrated higher reactivity of alpha-domain than beta-domain with the Ellman's reagent (DTNB)...
- Studies on activation and inhibition of cathepsin B from buffalo liverA Salahuddin
Department of Biochemistry, A M University, Aligarh, India
J Protein Chem 15:87-93. 1996..g., iodoacetate, 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitro-benzoic acid) (DTNB), and p-hydroxymercuribenzoate (pHMB)...
- ANTIOXIDANT INTERACTIONS OF SELENIUM AND VITAMINSJames May; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MULTIPLE CLASSES OF CA2+ CHANNELS - SENSORY TRANSMISSIONSLOBODAN TODOROVIC; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurotoxic Amphetamines Radicals & 5HT NeuronsDonald M Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research in this proposal is especially relevant to AIDS- related neuropathology, Parkinson's disease, and other neurodegenerative conditions in which microglial activation contributes to CNS damage. ..
- MOLECULAR INTERACTIONS REGULATING SERPIN FUNCTIONDaniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..Interaction of PAI-1 with enzymes in these regions will be monitored by reaction of the Cys residue to DTNB. Additional studies in this aim will attempt to identify a site or sites in PAI-1, distant from the reactive site, ..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2001..For BSO/L-PAM hypoxia antagonism studies, we will measure total and nuclear GSH by glutathione-reductase-DTNB recycling assay, ROS by carboxy-DCFDA flow cytometry, ROS-induced 8-oxodeoxyguanosine DNA damage by avidin binding ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Antioxidant Functions of Lipoic AcidJames May; Fiscal Year: 2004..Despite the widespread use of lipoic acid, these studies are necessary to establish the biological basis and rationale for the clinical use of the agent. ..
- Antioxidant vitamins in models of Alzheimer's DiseaseJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..If antioxidant vitamins ameliorate toxicity in cell and animal models of Alzheimer's disease, then oxidant stress is involved in disease progression, and antioxidant vitamin supplements may be beneficial. ..
- Antioxidant Interaction of Selenium and Vitamins C & EJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using this approach, it will be possible to relate the crucial, mitochondrial functions of selenium and vitamins C and E to the antioxidant defenses of the whole animal. ..
- Vitamin C Transporters in the BrainJames M May; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's are associated with increased oxidant stress so that this project will help define the role of vitamin C in oxidant injury to the brain. ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames M May; Fiscal Year: 2010..By focusing on mechanisms in cell models and on early disease in animal models, this project will show whether and how vitamin C prevents atherosclerosis. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGYJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the 31 years of NIH support, the program has supported 96 trainees, and over 70% have chosen careers in academia, industry, or government. ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 2007..By focusing on mechanisms in cell models and on early disease in animal models, this project will show whether and how vitamin C prevents atherosclerosis. ..
- ASCORBIC ACID FUNCTION AND METABOLISMJames May; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will also test the hypothesis that ascorbate-dependent recycling of alpha tocopherol in erythrocytes can replenish depleted stores of alpha tocopherol in human LDL. ..
- Anesthetics block neuronal voltage-gated Ca2+ currentsSLOBODAN TODOROVIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TROPOMYOSIN AND THE REGULATION OF MUSCLE CONTRACTIONSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These measurements between specific labeled amino acid residues will provide information about the dynamics of the changes between the components involved in the regulatory process. ..
- ABCA1 agonist peptides for therapeutic useJOHN BIELICKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research is likely to have a high impact on public health, since the therapeutics will be amenable to the widespread treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- GABAergic Dysfunction in AutismSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they are expected to identify biochemical mechanisms responsible for abnormal brain development in early childhood, as seen in autism. ..
- NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSEDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF HUMAN COCAINE ADDICTSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microarray-based scanning of the human genome has the potential to establish those genes or gene clusters that define the addictive phenotype, leading the way to proteomic-based studies of the bases of addiction. ..
- CARDIAC TROPOMYOSIN AND TROPOMYOSIN-ACTION INTERACTIONSSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 1980..The conformational consequences of the heterogeneity of composition of cardiac tropomyosin from different animals will also be studied. The broad objective is to provide a molecular basis for the understanding of cardiac regulation. ..
- CIRCADIAN-COUPLED CELLULAR AND LUNG FUNCTION IN COPDIrfan Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..