Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DPM2
Description: dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase subunit 2, regulatory
Alias: CDG1U, dolichol phosphate-mannose biosynthesis regulatory protein, DPM synthase complex subunit, DPM synthase subunit 2, dolichol-phosphate mannose synthase subunit 2, dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase polypeptide 2, regulatory subunit
- Watanabe R, Murakami Y, Marmor M, Inoue N, Maeda Y, Hino J, et al. Initial enzyme for glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis requires PIG-P and is regulated by DPM2. EMBO J. 2000;19:4402-11 pubmed..Here, we report that GPI-GnT requires another component, termed PIG-P, and that DPM2, which regulates dolichol-phosphate-mannose synthase, also regulates GPI-GnT...
- Kinoshita T, Inoue N. Dissecting and manipulating the pathway for glycosylphos-phatidylinositol-anchor biosynthesis. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2000;4:632-8 pubmed..These studies have revealed the common and also different characteristics of glycosylphosphatidyl-inositol biosynthesis enzymes in different organisms, leading to the development of species-specific inhibitors of the pathway. ..
- Ashida H, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. DPM1, the catalytic subunit of dolichol-phosphate mannose synthase, is tethered to and stabilized on the endoplasmic reticulum membrane by DPM3. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:896-904 pubmed..We previously identified DPM3, the third component of this enzyme, which was co-purified with DPM1 and DPM2. Here, we have established mutant Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) 2.38 cells that were defective in DPM3. CHO2...
- Barone R, Aiello C, Race V, Morava E, Foulquier F, Riemersma M, et al. DPM2-CDG: a muscular dystrophy-dystroglycanopathy syndrome with severe epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2012;72:550-8 pubmed publisher..There was clinical evidence of a muscular dystrophy-dystroglycanopathy syndrome, supported by deficient O-mannosylation by muscle immunohistochemistry...
- Marchese M, Pappalardo A, Baldacci J, Verri T, Doccini S, Cassandrini D, et al. Dolichol-phosphate mannose synthase depletion in zebrafish leads to dystrophic muscle with hypoglycosylated α-dystroglycan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:137-143 pubmed publisher..The three zebrafish ortholog subunits (encoded by the dpm1, dpm2 and dpm3 genes, respectively) showed high similarity to the human proteins, and their expression displayed ..
- Maeda Y, Tomita S, Watanabe R, Ohishi K, Kinoshita T. DPM2 regulates biosynthesis of dolichol phosphate-mannose in mammalian cells: correct subcellular localization and stabilization of DPM1, and binding of dolichol phosphate. EMBO J. 1998;17:4920-9 pubmed..Here we report expression cloning of a new gene, DPM2, which is defective in Lec15 cells...
- ..FNDC3B, ARHGEF12, GAS7, FOXC1, ATXN2, TXNRD2); PACG (primary angle-closure glaucoma (EPDR1, CHAT, GLIS3, FERMT2, DPM2-FAM102); and exfoliation syndrome (XFS) glaucoma (CACNA1A)...