Genomes and Genes
dopamine beta hydroxylase
Gene Symbol: dopamine beta hydroxylase
Description: dopamine beta-hydroxylase
Alias: DBM, dopamine beta-hydroxylase, dopamine beta-hydroxylase (dopamine beta-monooxygenase)
Products: dopamine beta hydroxylase
- Zabetian C, Buxbaum S, Elston R, Köhnke M, Anderson G, Gelernter J, et al. The structure of linkage disequilibrium at the DBH locus strongly influences the magnitude of association between diallelic markers and plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:1389-400 pubmed..These results provide a direct example of the potential value of constructing a haplotype map of the human genome prior to embarking on large-scale association studies. ..
- Mochi M, Cevoli S, Cortelli P, Pierangeli G, Soriani S, Scapoli C, et al. A genetic association study of migraine with dopamine receptor 4, dopamine transporter and dopamine-beta-hydroxylase genes. Neurol Sci. 2003;23:301-5 pubmed..Our data indicate that MO, but not MA, shows significant genetic association with DRD4. ..
- Fernandez F, Colson N, Quinlan S, Macmillan J, Lea R, Griffiths L. Association between migraine and a functional polymorphism at the dopamine beta-hydroxylase locus. Neurogenetics. 2009;10:199-208 pubmed publisher..Our laboratory has previously reported association of migraine with a promoter STR marker in the dopamine beta hydroxylase (DBH) gene...
- Saxena A, Hensley P, Osborne J, Fleming P. The pH-dependent subunit dissociation and catalytic activity of bovine dopamine beta-hydroxylase. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:3386-92 pubmed..Since the pH inside bovine adrenal medullary chromaffin granules is approximately 5.5, we conclude that the subunits of dopamine beta-hydroxylase are in dynamic dissociation in a physiologically important pH range. ..
- Lamouroux A, Vigny A, Faucon Biguet N, Darmon M, Franck R, Henry J, et al. The primary structure of human dopamine-beta-hydroxylase: insights into the relationship between the soluble and the membrane-bound forms of the enzyme. EMBO J. 1987;6:3931-7 pubmed..Comparative amino acid sequence analysis establishes that DBH shares no homology with the other catecholamine synthesizing enzymes, tyrosine hydroxylase and phenylethanolamine-N-methyl transferase. ..
- Chen Y, Wen G, Rao F, Zhang K, Wang L, Rodriguez Flores J, et al. Human dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) regulatory polymorphism that influences enzymatic activity, autonomic function, and blood pressure. J Hypertens. 2010;28:76-86 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest new molecular strategies for probing the pathophysiology, risk, and rational treatment of systemic hypertension. ..
- Bhaduri N, Mukhopadhyay K. Correlation of plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity with polymorphisms in DBH gene: a study on Eastern Indian population. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2008;28:343-50 pubmed publisher..Other polymorphisms which did not show individual effects could possibly be part of larger haplotype blocks that carry the functional polymorphisms controlling plDbetaH. ..
- Ross O, Heckman M, Soto A, Diehl N, Haugarvoll K, Vilariño Güell C, et al. Dopamine beta-hydroxylase -1021C>T association and Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2008;14:544-7 pubmed publisher..We observed a modest association between DBH -1021C>T and AAO in the combined series (p=0.01). Taken together, these findings indicate that DBH -1021C>T does not play a major role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Nyman E, Ogdie M, Loukola A, Varilo T, Taanila A, Hurtig T, et al. ADHD candidate gene study in a population-based birth cohort: association with DBH and DRD2. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2007;46:1614-21 pubmed..Our study supports the involvement of the dopamine pathway in the etiology of ADHD; specifically the genes DBH and DRD2 deserve more attention in further studies. ..
- Mustapic M, Pivac N, Kozaric Kovacic D, Dezeljin M, Cubells J, Muck Seler D. Dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) activity and -1021C/T polymorphism of DBH gene in combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:1087-9 pubmed
- Craig S, Buckle V, Lamouroux A, Mallet J, Craig I. Localization of the human dopamine beta hydroxylase (DBH) gene to chromosome 9q34. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1988;48:48-50 pubmedA human cDNA clone for dopamine beta hydroxylase (DBH) has been isolated from a phaeochromocytoma library. In situ hybridization of this probe to replication-banded chromosomes has localized the gene to chromosome 9q34...
- Gizer I, Ficks C, Waldman I. Candidate gene studies of ADHD: a meta-analytic review. Hum Genet. 2009;126:51-90 pubmed publisher..g., ADHD subtype diagnoses, gender, exposure to environmental risk factors). We conclude with a discussion of these findings in relation to emerging themes relevant to future studies of the genetics of ADHD. ..
- Barkley R, Smith K, Fischer M, Navia B. An examination of the behavioral and neuropsychological correlates of three ADHD candidate gene polymorphisms (DRD4 7+, DBH TaqI A2, and DAT1 40 bp VNTR) in hyperactive and normal children followed to adulthood. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2006;141B:487-98 pubmed..We also present a contrary view on the appropriate endophenotypes for use in behavioral genetic research on ADHD. ..
- Tang Y, Buxbaum S, Waldman I, Anderson G, Zabetian C, Köhnke M, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism at DBH, possibly associated with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, associates with lower plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity and is in linkage disequilibrium with two putative functional single nucleotid. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;60:1034-8 pubmed
- Robertson J, Adams G, Medzihradszky K, Burlingame A, Villafranca J. Complete assignment of disulfide bonds in bovine dopamine beta-hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 1994;33:11563-75 pubmed
- Li B, Tsing S, Kosaka A, Nguyen B, Osen E, Bach C, et al. Expression of human dopamine beta-hydroxylase in Drosophila Schneider 2 cells. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 1):57-64 pubmed..The Drosophila expression system has thus provided a convenient source for large quantities of human DBH enzyme. ..
- Zabetian C, Anderson G, Buxbaum S, Elston R, Ichinose H, Nagatsu T, et al. A quantitative-trait analysis of human plasma-dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity: evidence for a major functional polymorphism at the DBH locus. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:515-22 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that --1021C-->T is a major genetic marker for plasma-D beta H activity and provide new tools for investigation of the role of both D beta H and the DBH gene in human disease. ..
- Köhnke M, Zabetian C, Anderson G, Kolb W, Gaertner I, Buchkremer G, et al. A genotype-controlled analysis of plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase in healthy and alcoholic subjects: evidence for alcohol-related differences in noradrenergic function. Biol Psychiatry. 2002;52:1151-8 pubmed
- Kieling C, Genro J, Hutz M, Rohde L. The -1021 C/T DBH polymorphism is associated with neuropsychological performance among children and adolescents with ADHD. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:485-90 pubmed..The refinement of the ADHD phenotype by means of composite measures of EF can contribute to uncover the molecular underpinnings of ADHD. ..
- Todt U, Netzer C, Toliat M, Heinze A, Goebel I, Nurnberg P, et al. New genetic evidence for involvement of the dopamine system in migraine with aura. Hum Genet. 2009;125:265-79 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new evidence for an involvement of components of the dopaminergic system-in particular the dopamine-beta hydroxylase and dopamine transporter genes-to the pathogenesis of migraine with aura. ..
- Jonsson E, Abou Jamra R, Schumacher J, Flyckt L, Edman G, Forslund K, et al. No association between a putative functional promoter variant in the dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene and schizophrenia. Psychiatr Genet. 2003;13:175-8 pubmed..No significant allele or genotype differences were found. The present results do not support a major involvement of the DBH gene in schizophrenia in the Swedish population investigated. ..
- Cubells J, Price L, Meyers B, Anderson G, Zabetian C, Alexopoulos G, et al. Genotype-controlled analysis of plasma dopamine beta-hydroxylase activity in psychotic unipolar major depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2002;51:358-64 pubmed
- César R, Moreno V, Coletta G, Chazdon R, Ferraz S, de Almeida D, et al. Early ecological outcomes of natural regeneration and tree plantations for restoring agricultural landscapes. Ecol Appl. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Pizzotti M, Perilli L, Del Prete M, Fabbri D, Canegallo R, Dini M, et al. A Long-Distance RF-Powered Sensor Node with Adaptive Power Management for IoT Applications. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisherWe present a self-sustained battery-less multi-sensor platform with RF harvesting capability down to -17 dBm and implementing a standard DASH7 wireless communication interface...
- Pravenec M, Landa V, Zidek V, Mlejnek P, Silhavy J, Mir S, et al. Effects of transgenic expression of dopamine beta hydroxylase (Dbh) gene on blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Physiol Res. 2016;65:1039-1044 pubmed..Recently, we obtained evidence that the SHR harbors a variant in the gene for dopamine beta hydroxylase (Dbh) that is associated with reduced adrenal expression of Dbh mRNA and reduced DBH enzymatic activity ..
- Henniges Janssen K, Heckel D, Groot A. Preference of Diamondback Moth Larvae for Novel and Original Host Plant after Host Range Expansion. Insects. 2014;5:793-804 pubmed publisher..The recent host range expansion of the crucifer-specialist diamondback moth (DBM), Plutella xylostella L...
- Ray T, McGraw W, Sun Z, Jeon M, Johnson T, Cheffins K, et al. Mandibular bone mineral density variation in three West African Cercopithecoid monkey species: associations with diet and feeding behavior. Arch Oral Biol. 2015;60:1714-20 pubmed publisher..Degree of bone mineralization (DBM) distribution was obtained using histograms of CT attenuation values...
- Li S, Yang X, Tang S, Zhang X, Feng Z, Cui S. Repair of massively defected hemi-joints using demineralized osteoarticular allografts with protected cartilage. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015;26:227 pubmed publisher..Demineralized bone matrix (DBM) retains the osteoconductivity but destroys viable chondrocytes in the cartilage portion essential for successful ..
- Kitagawara Y, Ohe T, Tachibana K, Takahashi K, Nakamura S, Mashino T. Novel Bioactivation Pathway of Benzbromarone Mediated by Cytochrome P450. Drug Metab Dispos. 2015;43:1303-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CAT, DBH, and the oxidized form of DBH are highly cytotoxic in HepG2 compared with BBR. Taken together, our data demonstrate that DBH, a novel reactive metabolite, may be relevant to BBR-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Memiaghe H, Lutz J, Korte L, Alonso A, Kenfack D. Ecological Importance of Small-Diameter Trees to the Structure, Diversity and Biomass of a Tropical Evergreen Forest at Rabi, Gabon. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154988 pubmed publisher..The high levels of diversity within small-diameter classes may give these forests high levels of structural resilience to anthropogenic/natural disturbance and a changing climate. ..
- Gong P, Zheng A, Zhang K, Lei X, Li F, Chen D, et al. Association analysis between 12 genetic variants of ten genes and personality traits in a young chinese Han population. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;42:120-6 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that T102C in 5-TH(2A) and Val158Met in COMT play roles in some human personality traits. ..
- Li J, Cui Y, Wu K, Liu B, Zhang Y, Wang C, et al. The cortical surface area of the insula mediates the effect of DBH rs7040170 on novelty seeking. Neuroimage. 2015;117:184-90 pubmed publisher..Future studies of molecular mechanisms underlying the NS personality trait and related psychiatric disorders should consider the mediation effect of the neural structure. ..
- Xu B, Wang R, Wang H, Xu H. Coculture of allogenic DBM and BMSCs in the knee joint cavity of rabbits for cartilage tissue engineering. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisherThe present study aims to assess coculture of allogenic decalcified bone matrix (DBM) and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (BMSCs) in the knee joint cavity of rabbits for cartilage tissue engineering...
- Kopeckova M, Paclt I, Goetz P. Polymorphisms and low plasma activity of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase in ADHD children. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2006;27:748-54 pubmed..This article reviews the DBH itself and polymorphisms in the DBH gene that influence the DBH activity in the serum and the CSF level of DBH. All those are evaluated in connection with ADHD. ..
- Inkster B, Muglia P, Jain U, Kennedy J. Linkage disequilibrium analysis of the dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene in persistent attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Psychiatr Genet. 2004;14:117-20 pubmed..63, 1 degree of freedom, P=0.057). Taken together, these results do not provide support for a role of the DBH TaqI marker in our persistent ADHD samples. ..
- Hui L, Zhang X, Yu Y, Han M, Huang X, Chen D, et al. Association between DBH 19 bp insertion/deletion polymorphism and cognition in first-episode schizophrenic patients. Schizophr Res. 2013;147:236-40 pubmed publisher..The DBH5'-Ins/Del polymorphism may also influence immediate memory in FEP. Moreover, FEP had poorer cognitive function than healthy controls in all examined cognitive domains except for the visuospatial/constructional index. ..
- Wohl M, Purper Ouakil D, Mouren M, Ades J, Gorwood P. [Meta-analysis of candidate genes in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]. Encephale. 2005;31:437-47 pubmed..In addition, the development of pharmacogenetics could help to identify predictors of clinical response for a specific type of treatment, which would be clearly helpful in clinical practice. ..
- Guo D, Fu Y, Zheng B. Synchronization of Coupled Oscillators on a Two-Dimensional Plane. Chemphyschem. 2016;17:2355-9 pubmed publisher..A robust synchronization of the oscillators was found at an input radio frequency power of 20?dBm, with which the chemical waves were initiated at a fixed site of the oscillator system...
- Kopeckova M, Paclt I, Petrasek J, Pacltova D, Malíková M, Zagatová V. Some ADHD polymorphisms (in genes DAT1, DRD2, DRD3, DBH, 5-HTT) in case-control study of 100 subjects 6-10 age. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008;29:246-51 pubmed..r.=15). ..
- Kim C, Leung A, Huh Y, Yang E, Kim D, LeBlanc P, et al. Norepinephrine deficiency is caused by combined abnormal mRNA processing and defective protein trafficking of dopamine beta-hydroxylase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9196-204 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that NE deficiency is caused by the combined abnormal processing of DBH mRNA and defective protein trafficking and that this disease could be treated by a pharmacological chaperone(s). ..
- Stanzel S, Stubbusch J, Pataskar A, Howard M, Deller T, Ernsberger U, et al. Distinct roles of hand2 in developing and adult autonomic neurons. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:1111-24 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 1111-1124, 2016. ..
- Zhu H, Zhao Y, Zhang W, Guan Q, Zhang X. [Relationship between dopamine-beta-hydroxylase gene polymorphism and hypertensive disorder complicating pregnancy]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2006;41:384-6 pubmed..05). The SNP at locus 589 of DbetaH gene is not associated with hypertensive disorder complicating pregnancy, nor is it associated with the severity of hypertensive disorder complicating pregnancy. ..
- Blum K, Chen A, Oscar Berman M, Chen T, Lubar J, White N, et al. Generational association studies of dopaminergic genes in reward deficiency syndrome (RDS) subjects: selecting appropriate phenotypes for reward dependence behaviors. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2011;8:4425-59 pubmed publisher..Utilization of a nonspecific "reward" phenotype may be a paradigm shift in future association and linkage studies involving dopaminergic polymorphisms and other neurotransmitter gene candidates. ..
- Ramaekers J, van Wel J, Spronk D, Franke B, Kenis G, Toennes S, et al. Cannabis and cocaine decrease cognitive impulse control and functional corticostriatal connectivity in drug users with low activity DBH genotypes. Brain Imaging Behav. 2016;10:1254-1263 pubmed..The present data provide a neural substrate and behavioral mechanism by which drug users can progress to drug seeking and may also offer a rationale for targeted pharmacotherapy in chronic drug users with high risk DBH genotypes. ..
- Verlinden T, Rijkers K, Hoogland G, Herrler A. Morphology of the human cervical vagus nerve: implications for vagus nerve stimulation treatment. Acta Neurol Scand. 2016;133:173-82 pubmed publisher..Electrically stimulating the vagus nerve therefore is not the same as elevating the 'physiological parasympathetic tone', but may also implement catecholaminergic (sympathetic) effects. ..
- Ryu V, Zarebidaki E, Albers H, Xue B, Bartness T. Short photoperiod reverses obesity in Siberian hamsters via sympathetically induced lipolysis and Browning in adipose tissue. Physiol Behav. 2018;190:11-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings support our hypothesis that SD-exposed Siberian hamsters undergo adaptive decreases in body adiposity due to SNS-stimulated lipid mobilization and generalized WAT browning. ..
- Sezer S, Kurt S, Ates O. Analysis of dopamine beta hydroxylase gene polymorphisms in migraine. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;145:96-100 pubmed publisher..8731 and p=0.7584). This study reflects that Dopamin Beta Hydroxylase gene +1603C>T polymorphism may be one of the many genetic factors for migraine susceptibility in the Turkish population. ..
- Carpentier P, Arias Vasquez A, Hoogman M, Onnink M, Kan C, Kooij J, et al. Shared and unique genetic contributions to attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance use disorders: a pilot study of six candidate genes. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;23:448-57 pubmed publisher..The power limitations of the study restrict the significance of these findings: replication in larger samples is warranted. ..
- Lin L, Liu C, Qin J, Wang J, Dong S, Chen W, et al. Crystal structure of ryanodine receptor N-terminal domain from Plutella xylostella reveals two potential species-specific insecticide-targeting sites. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;92:73-83 pubmed publisher..84 Å resolution from the diamondback moth (DBM), Plutella xylostella, a destructive pest devouring cruciferous crops all over the world...
- Zhao X, Xie H, Tang G, Zhao W, Xu L, Su J, et al. [Dopamine beta hydroxylase gene polymorphism and Parkinson's disease]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2003;20:238-40 pubmedTo investigate the correlation between the polymorphism of dopamine beta hydroxylase(DBH) gene and the susceptibility of Shanghai Chinese Han population to Parkinson's disease(PD)...
- Huang S, Cook D, Hinks L, Chen X, Ye S, Gilg J, et al. CYP2A6, MAOA, DBH, DRD4, and 5HT2A genotypes, smoking behaviour and cotinine levels in 1518 UK adolescents. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2005;15:839-50 pubmed..We hypothesize an explanatory 'occupancy' model to explain why haploinsufficiency results in faster progression to nicotine dependence, but lower subsequent consumption. ..
- Berry Z, Looker N, Holwerda F, Gómez Aguilar L, Ortiz Colin P, González Martínez T, et al. Why size matters: the interactive influences of tree diameter distribution and sap flow parameters on upscaled transpiration. Tree Physiol. 2017;:1-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results highlight a great need to expand our understanding of water transport in large trees as this hinders our ability to predict water fluxes accurately from stand to catchment scales...
- Cheng W, Ka Y, Chang C. Dopamine beta-hydroxylase participate in the immunoendocrine responses of hypothermal stressed white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:166-178 pubmed publisher..vannamei exposed to hypothermal stress. ..
- Iribas H, Mariñelarena J, Feng C, Urricelqui J, Schneider T, Loayssa A. Effects of pump pulse extinction ratio in Brillouin optical time-domain analysis sensors. Opt Express. 2017;25:27896-27912 pubmed publisher..that provided by standard electro-optic modulators (EOM), is necessary to be able to deploy a probe power of -3 dBm, which is the theoretical limit for that type of sensors...
- El Fiky E, Osman M, Sowailem M, Samani A, Patel D, Li R, et al. 200 Gb/s transmission using a dual-polarization O-Band silicon photonic intensity modulator for Stokes vector direct detection applications. Opt Express. 2017;25:30336-30348 pubmed publisher..can be transmitted over 10 km of single mode fiber (SMF) at a bit error rate (BER) below 10-5 at -1 dBm received signal power irrespective of the SOP...
- Bozek T, Blazekovic A, Perkovic M, Jercic K, Sustar A, Smircic Duvnjak L, et al. The influence of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase and catechol O-methyltransferase gene polymorphism on the efficacy of insulin detemir therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2017;9:97 pubmed publisher..After DNA isolation from blood samples, genotyping of DBH-1021C/T polymorphism (rs1611115) and COMT Val108/158Met polymorphism (rs4680) was performed...
- Kamata M, Suzuki A, Matsumoto Y, Shibuya N, Togashi H, Goto K, et al. Association study between the -1021C/T polymorphism of the dopamine-beta-hydroxylase gene promoter and personality traits in healthy subjects. Neurosci Lett. 2009;462:54-7 pubmed publisher..006), but not in males. The present study suggests that the -1021C/T DBH polymorphism affects the personality trait of harm avoidance in healthy females. ..
- Barrie E, Weinshenker D, Verma A, Pendergrass S, Lange L, Ritchie M, et al. Regulatory polymorphisms in human DBH affect peripheral gene expression and sympathetic activity. Circ Res. 2014;115:1017-25 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that in addition to endocrine effects via circulating DBH and norepinephrine, the variants act in sympathetically innervated target organs. ..
- Gong P, Xi S, Shen G, Li S, Zhang P, Cao G, et al. The effects of DBH, MAOA, and MAOB on attentional biases for facial expressions. J Mol Neurosci. 2013;49:606-13 pubmed publisher..827, P?=?0.024). The present study suggests that DBH and MAOA can influence human attentional biases, and there is a gene-gene interaction between the DBH and MAOA on attentional bias for negative expressions. ..
- Ji N, Shuai L, Chen Y, Liu L, Li H, Li Z, et al. Dopamine ?-hydroxylase gene associates with stroop color-word task performance in Han Chinese children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2011;156B:730-6 pubmed publisher..DBH genotype did not associate with cognitive performance in unaffected controls or in the combined group. DBH genotype at -1021C/T associates with differences in performance on the Stroop task in children with ADHD. ..
- Anderson B, Schnetz Boutaud N, Bartlett J, Wright H, Abramson R, Cuccaro M, et al. Examination of association to autism of common genetic variationin genes related to dopamine. Autism Res. 2008;1:364-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that common genetic variation within the tested genes located within this pathway at most play a minor to moderate role in overall autism pathogenesis. ..
- Hong S, Chae H, Lardaro T, Hong S, Kim K. Trim11 increases expression of dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene by interacting with Phox2b. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:650-5 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a potential role for Trim11 in the specification of NA phenotype by interaction with Phox2b. ..
- Zhu W, Qiu Y, Sheng F, Yuan X, Xu L, Bao H, et al. An effective delivery vehicle of demineralized bone matrix incorporated with engineered collagen-binding human bone morphogenetic protein-2 to accelerate spinal fusion at low dose. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2017;29:2 pubmed publisher..study was to investigate the feasibility and efficacy of a new delivery matrix using demineralized bone matrix (DBM) incorporated with collagen-binding bone morphogenetic protein-2 (CBD-BMP-2) in the rat inter-transverse spinal ..
- Siedlinski M, Cho M, Bakke P, Gulsvik A, Lomas D, Anderson W, et al. Genome-wide association study of smoking behaviours in patients with COPD. Thorax. 2011;66:894-902 pubmed publisher..Associations of CHRNA3/CHRNA5 and CYP2A6 loci with CPD and DBH with smoking cessation are also likely of importance in the smoking behaviours of patients with COPD. ..
- Guevara Andino J, Pitman N, ter Steege H, Mogollón H, Cerón C, Palacios W, et al. Incorporating phylogenetic information for the definition of floristic districts in hyperdiverse Amazon forests: Implications for conservation. Ecol Evol. 2017;7:9639-9650 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these areas are severely threatened by proposed plans of oil and mining extraction at large scales and should be prioritized in conservation planning for this region...
- Chen Z, Jia W, Kaufman P, Cynader M. Immunohistochemical localization of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase in human and monkey eyes. Curr Eye Res. 1999;18:39-48 pubmed..However, an apparently high concentration of the enzyme in the anterior border layer of the iris and in retinal photoreceptors raises questions about the possible role of DBH-containing fibers in these structures. ..
- Freire M, Hutz M, Bau C. The DBH -1021 C/T polymorphism is not associated with alcoholism but possibly with patients' exposure to life events. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:1269-74 pubmed..Carriers of the -1021 T allele presented a higher number (F = 7.49; P = 0.007) of life events. This study provides a preliminary indication that the DBH -1021 C/T polymorphism influences the exposure to life events. ..
- Atsu B, Guure C, Laar A. Determinants of overweight with concurrent stunting among Ghanaian children. BMC Pediatr. 2017;17:177 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, only contextual factors are predictive of DBM among children under five living in Ghana.
- Hui L, Han M, Huang X, Ye M, Zheng K, He J, et al. Possible association between DBH 19 bp insertion/deletion polymorphism and clinical symptoms in schizophrenia with tardive dyskinesia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2015;122:907-14 pubmed publisher..015). Our findings suggest that the DBH5'-Ins/Del polymorphism may not contribute directly to the development of TD in schizophrenia, but it may be involved in the excited behavior of TD patients. ..
- Man Z, Hu X, Liu Z, Huang H, Meng Q, Zhang X, et al. Transplantation of allogenic chondrocytes with chitosan hydrogel-demineralized bone matrix hybrid scaffold to repair rabbit cartilage injury. Biomaterials. 2016;108:157-67 pubmed publisher..In this study, we aimed to transplant allogenic chondrocytes with chitosan hydrogel (CS)-demineralized bone matrix (DBM) hybrid scaffold (CS/DBM) to repair rabbit cartilage injury with one-step operation...
- Freire M, Marques F, Hutz M, Bau C. Polymorphisms in the DBH and DRD2 gene regions and smoking behavior. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2006;256:93-7 pubmed..Individuals who had at least one DBH-1021 T allele smoked fewer cigarettes per day than CC homozygotes (P = 0.03). These results are coherent with the expected effects of these polymorphisms on dopaminergic function. ..