Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNAH8
Description: dynein, axonemal, heavy chain 8
Alias: ATPase, hdhc9, axonemal beta dynein heavy chain 8, ciliary dynein heavy chain 8, dynein heavy chain 8, axonemal, dynein, axonemal, heavy polypeptide 8
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Regulation of vascular and gastric smooth muscle contractility by pervanadateA Laniyonu
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, AB, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 113:403-10. 1994..independent of extracellular sodium, would appear not to be due either to Na+/Ca2" exchange, promoted by Na+/K+-ATPase inhibition or to the inhibition of Ca2+-ATPase and might be best explained by the ability of PV, via tyrosine ..
- Effects of high calcium diet on arterial smooth muscle function and electrolyte balance in mineralocorticoid-salt hypertensive ratsP Arvola
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Tampere, Finland
Br J Pharmacol 108:948-58. 1993..5. The functions of arterial smooth muscle Na+, Ca2+ exchange and Ca(2+)-ATPase were evaluated by the aortic contractions elicited by low Na+ medium, and the subsequent relaxation responses ..
- Extracellular ATP and UTP activation of phospholipase D is mediated by protein kinase C-epsilon in rat renal mesangial cellsJ Pfeilschifter
Department of Pharmacology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 110:847-53. 1993..5. Elevation of cytosolic free Ca2+ by the calcium ionophore A23187 (1 microM) or the Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitor, thapsigargin (200 nM) slightly increased phosphatidylethanol formation...
- Inhibitors of Na-K-ATPase in human urine: effects of ouabain-like factors and of vanadium-diascorbate on calcium mobilization in rat vascular smooth muscle cells: comparison with the effects of ouabain, angiotensin II, and arginine-vasopressinH Meyer-Lehnert
Renal Section, Medical Policlinic, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 13:364-9. 2000..previous studies we described the presence of two low molecular (Mr approximately equals 400) inhibitors of Na-K-ATPase in human urine, ie, a more polar OLF-1 and a more apolar OLF-2...
- Alteration of muscle fiber composition linking to insulin resistance and hypertension in fructose-fed ratsK Higashiura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 12:596-602. 1999..the end of the glucose clamp, the soleus muscle was dissected out for determination of muscle fiber composition by ATPase methods...
- Endogenous natriuretic and ouabain-like factors. Their roles in body fluid volume and blood pressure regulationH J Kramer
Department of Medicine, University of Bonn, FRG
Am J Hypertens 4:81-9. 1991..fatty acids, which in vitro exhibit inhibition of transepithelial sodium transport, direct inhibition of the Na-K-ATPase enzyme, displacement of 3H-ouabain from its membrane receptor, and crossreaction with a digoxin antibody...
- Role of the LXCXE binding site in Rb functionA Dahiya
Division of Molecular Oncology, Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:6799-805. 2000..Mutation of the LXCXE binding site does not inhibit binding of the BRG1 ATPase component of the SWI/SNF nucleosome remodeling complex, which has been shown previously to be important for Rb ..
- Acid secretion and the H,K ATPase of stomachC Prinz
University of California at Los Angeles
Yale J Biol Med 65:577-96. 1992..These independent pathways converge to activate the gastric acid pump, the H+,K+ ATPase. Activation is a function of the association of the ATPase with a potassium chloride transport pathway that occurs ..
- Gastric acid secretion: activation and inhibitionG Sachs
University of California Los Angeles, USA
Yale J Biol Med 67:81-95. 1994..H2-receptor mediated sequence of events in the parietal cell, which results in activation of the gastric H+/K+ - ATPase. This enzyme is the final common pathway of acid secretion...
- Acid, protons and Helicobacter pyloriG Sachs
Department of Medicine and Physiology, University of California, USA
Yale J Biol Med 69:301-16. 1996The anti-ulcer drugs that act as covalent inhibitors of the gastric acid pump are targeted to the gastric H+/K+ ATPase by virtue of accumulation in acid and conversion to the active sulfenamide...
- A screen for dominant negative mutants of SEC18 reveals a role for the AAA protein consensus sequence in ATP hydrolysisG J Steel
The Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 11:1345-56. 2000..does not prevent hexamerization or interaction with yeast alpha-SNAP (Sec17p), but instead results in undetectable ATPase activity that cannot be stimulated by Sec17p...
- Mechanisms of hypertension in diabetesJ R Sowers
Endocrinology Department, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan
Am J Hypertens 4:177-82. 1991..hyperinsulinemic, insulin-resistant Zucker rat demonstrates increased vascular reactivity, reduced membrane Ca2(+)-ATPase activity, increased cellular Ca2+ levels, and a marked impairment in vascular smooth muscle Ca2+ efflux compared ..
- [Classic treatment of chronic heart insufficiency. What if new?]M C Aumont
Service de cardiologie A, Hopital Bichat, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:599-602. 1995..Digitalis has a positive inotropic effect (inhibition of NaK-dependent ATPase)...
- Inhibitory effects of nordihydroguaiaretic acid on ETA-receptor-mediated contractions to endothelin-1 in rat tracheaP J Henry
Department of Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Br J Pharmacol 111:561-9. 1994..5. Like NDGA, the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitors cyclopiazonic acid and thapsigargin inhibited contractions to ET-1, but not carbachol or KCl...
- Heart failure: an update on pathophysiologyH Drexler
Medizinische Klinik III, University of Freiburg, Germany
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:13-6. 1994..Depressed expression of sarcoplasmatic reticulum ATPase is the hallmark of this overload phenotype...
- Effect of the Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitor, cyclopiazonic acid, on electromechanical coupling in the guinea-pig ureterC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 114:127-37. 19951. We have investigated the effect of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitor, cyclopiazonic acid (CPA), on electromechanical coupling in the guinea-pig ureter...
- [Baroreflexes and congestive heart failure]M C Aumont
Service de cardiologie A, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:555-8. 1995..Excessive Na-K dependent ATPase activation of the smooth muscle cells of the carotid sinus could lead to hyperpolarization of the cell membrane, ..
- Mechanism of bile salt vasoactivity: dependence on calcium channels in vascular smooth muscleJ M Pak
Liver Unit, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, AB Canada
Br J Pharmacol 112:1209-15. 1994..ester (10(-4) M) and capsaicin (50 mg kg-1) to block, respectively, beta-adrenoceptors, K+ -channels, Na+, K+-ATPase, nitric oxide synthase, and primary sensory nerves...
- The effects of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin II receptor antagonist on insulin resistance in fructose-fed ratsK Higashiura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 13:290-7. 2000..the end of the glucose clamp, the soleus muscle was dissected for determination of the muscle fiber composition by ATPase methods...
- DNA postreplication repair and mutagenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Broomfield
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, SK, S7N 5E5, Saskatoon, Canada
Mutat Res 486:167-84. 2001..is centrally controlled by RAD6 and RAD18, whose products form a stable complex with single-stranded DNA-binding, ATPase and ubiquitin-conjugating activities...
- Expression of functionally P-glycoprotein in MA104 kidney cellsM A Capella
, , Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 54:119-27. 1999..epithelium with some unusual characteristics, including a resistance to ouabain, although their Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase has normal affinity with this drug...
- Isolation, characterization, and substrate specificity of the plasma membrane ATPase of the hlophilic achaeon Haloferax volcaniiK Steinert
, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 51:29-39. 1996Isolated membranes of the moderate halophilic bacterium Haloferax volcanii are able to hydrolyze ATP via an ATPase, which needs the presence of Mg2+ or Mn2+, high concentrations of NaCl, a pH value of 9, and high temperatures with an ..
- The pathophysiological and pharmacological basis of peptic ulcer therapyJ W Freston
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06032
Toxicol Pathol 16:260-6. 1988..cells, thereby preventing stimulation of adenylate cyclase, cAMP rises, and activation of protein kinase and H+/K+ATPase. Prostaglandins inhibit acid secretion largely by preventing histamine-induced cAMP rises...
- Effects of calyculin A on tension and myosin phosphorylation in skinned smooth muscle of the rabbit mesenteric arteryA Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:703-12. 1993..6. In a solution containing MgITP (the substrate for myosin ATPase but not for MLC-kinase) with no MgATP, 10 microM Ca2+ failed to produce contraction...
- Enhancement of arterial relaxation by long-term atenolol treatment in spontaneously hypertensive ratsM Kahonen
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Tampere, Finland
Br J Pharmacol 112:925-33. 1994..bath upon precontractions elicited by potassium-free solution were used to evaluate vascular smooth muscle Na+, K+-ATPase. The rate of potassium relaxation was fastest in WKY rats and was also faster in atenolol-treated than in ..
- Inhibition of calcium release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum of rabbit aorta by hydralazineA M Gurney
Department of Pharmacology, United Medical School, St Thomas s Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:238-44. 1995..Sequestration of Ca2+ would employ two pathways, one sensitive to inhibitors of the SR Ca(2+)-ATPase and the other to Ca antagonists...
- Molecular evolution of H+-ATPases. I. Methanococcus and Sulfolobus are monophyletic with respect to eukaryotes and EubacteriaJ P Gogarten
Biology Department, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064
Z Naturforsch C 44:641-50. 1989..of Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus genomic DNA corresponding to the catalytic domain of the membrane H+-ATPase. The deduced amino acid sequence was 54-58% identical to the approximately 70 kDa subunits of Sulfolobus ..
- The energetic cost of protein synthesis in isolated hepatocytes of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)M C Pannevis
Department of Zoology, University of Aberdeen, UK
J Comp Physiol B 162:393-400. 1992..8 +/- 2.8% on maintaining ouabain-sensitive Na+/K(+)-ATPase activity...
- Alterations in erythrocyte plasma membrane ATPase activity and adenine nucleotide content in a spontaneously diabetic subline of the Chinese hamsterD Bettin
, Greifswald, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:1-6. 1996..To study whether these abnormalities could affect transmembrane cation transport activity, we determined membrane ATPase activity and ATP concentrations in red blood cells of diabetes-resistant CHIA and diabetes-susceptible CHIG ..
- The modulation of the calcium transport by skeletal muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum in the hibernating European hamsterB Agostini
, Heidelberg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 46:1109-26. 1991..By contrast, the activity of the calcium dependent ATPase was not increased, suggesting a tighter coupling during hibernation between calcium dependent ATP-hydrolysis and ..
- Rapid desensitization of adrenaline- and neuropeptide Y-stimulated Ca2+ mobilization in HEL-cellsM C Michel
Dept Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 112:499-504. 1994..4. In the absence of extracellular Ca2+ the endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitor, thapsigargin, reduced hormone-stimulated Ca2+ elevations, demonstrating that mobilization occurs from a ..
- Regulation of the abundance of renal sodium transporters and channels by vasopressinC A Ecelbarger
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Exp Neurol 171:227-34. 2001..The alpha-subunit of Na-K-ATPase was increased by water restriction, but not by dDAVP infusion, and alpha-ENaC and the thiazide-sensitive ..
- Effects of urinary ouabain-like factors and vanadium diascorbate on calcium mobilization in porcine inner medullary collecting duct cells: comparison with the effects of ouabain and vasopressinH J Kramer
The Renal Section, Medical Policlinic, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 11:1208-13. 1998..OLF-1, OLF-2, and vanadium diascorbate inhibited dose-dependently porcine Na-K-ATPase in vitro...
- The superficial buffer barrier in venous smooth muscle: sarcoplasmic reticulum refilling and unloadingQ Chen
University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, FL 33101
Br J Pharmacol 109:336-43. 1993..5 mM Ca2+ solution and a 10 mM Ca2+ zero Na+ solution, respectively. Thapsigargin, 2 microM, (a specific SR Ca(2+)-ATPase blocker) completely blocked refilling of the SR in either of the above solutions, indicating that the SR Ca(2+)-..
- The influence of acetazolamide and amlodipine on the intracellular sodium content of rat proximal tubular cellsP S Wong
Department of Physiology, Medical School, Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 112:881-6. 1994..4. These data show that changes in the activity of the Na+/K+/ATPase have a considerable influence on the intracellular levels of sodium in proximal tubule cells...
- Ca2+ increase and Ca(2+)-influx in human tracheal smooth muscle cells: role of Ca2+ pools controlled by sarco-endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase 2 isoformY Amrani
INSERM U 425, , Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 115:1204-10. 1995..These stores appear to be controlled by the Ca2+-ATPases (SERCA2-b isoform) which could also participate in the regulation of Ca2+ influx through the plasma membrane...
- The Mfd protein of Bacillus subtilis 168 is involved in both transcription-coupled DNA repair and DNA recombinationS Ayora
, , E-28049, Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 256:301-18. 1996..The Mfd protein is a sequence-independent DNA binding protein with weak ATPase activity. The Mfd protein was able to displace in vitro B. subtilis or E. coli RNA polymerase stalled at a lesion...
- Dietary calcium and magnesium supplements in spontaneously hypertensive rats and isolated arterial reactivityH Mäkynen
Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
Br J Pharmacol 115:1455-62. 1995..the organ bath upon precontractions in K(+)-free solution were used to evaluate the function of arterial Na+, K(+)-ATPase. The rate of potassium relaxation was similar in Ca-SHR and CaMg-SHR and faster than in untreated SHR. 5...
- Regulation of monovalent ion homeostasis and pH by the Ser-Thr protein phosphatase SIT4 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC A Masuda
, ICB-CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, R.J. 21941-590, Brazil
J Biol Chem 275:30957-61. 2000..It has been proposed that the main pathway of salt tolerance in yeast is mediated by a P-type ATPase, encoded by PMR2A/ENA1...
- Selective inhibition of agonist-induced but not shear stress-dependent release of endothelial autacoids by thapsigarginH Macarthur
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, Charterhouse Square, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:100-5. 19931. The effects of the Ca(2+)-ATPase inhibitor, thapsigargin, on the shear stress-dependent and on the agonist-stimulated release of endothelium-derived relaxing factor, i.e...
- An ecto-ATPase activity present in Leishmania tropica stimulated by dextran sulfateC E Peres Sampaio
, , Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 56:820-5. 2001In this study we report the effects of sulfated polysaccharides on the ecto-ATPase activity of intact cells of Leishmania tropica...
- The role of the cytochrome P450-dependent metabolites of arachidonic acid in blood pressure regulation and renal function: a reviewM Rahman
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4982, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:356-65. 1997..Vasodilation, vasoconstriction, inhibition of Na+,K+-ATPase, inhibition of ion transport and modulation of cell growth have been some of the diverse physiological actions ..
- The signal transducer for the dopamine-1 regulated sodium transport in renal cortical brush border membrane vesiclesC C Felder
Section on Pharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Am J Hypertens 3:47S-50S. 1990..DA-1 but not DA-2 agonists inhibit Na+/H+ exchange activity in brush border membrane vesicles (BBMV) and Na+/K(+)-ATPase activity in basolateral membranes...
- Disturbances in volume regulating hormone system--a key to the pathogenesis of hypertension in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome?K Ehlenz
Abt Für Endokrinologie und Stoffwechsel, Abt Poliklinik, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Universitat Marburg
Pneumologie 45:239-45. 1991..An inhibitor of the Na+/K(+)-ATPase acting via the digitalis receptor - called digitalis like factor (DLF) - is regarded as the causative agent for ..
- Effect of chronic growth hormone administration on skeletal muscle in dogsS Molon Noblot
Merck Sharp and Dohme Chibret Laboratories, Department of Safety Assessment, Riom, France
Toxicol Pathol 26:207-12. 1998..Quantitative analysis of skeletal muscle sections stained for ATPase activity showed increases in type I (slow twitch) and type II (fast twitch) myofiber sizes in mid- and high-dose ..
- [Calcium-calmodulin and vasomotor activity]C Lugnier
, CNRS URA 600, , Illkirch
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:25-34. 1991..to the relaxation of smooth muscle by inhibiting, the kinase of the myosine light chain and stimulating the Ca2+ ATPase responsible for the extrusion of Ca2+...
- Effect of insulin on norepinephrine overflow at peripheral sympathetic nerve endings in young spontaneously hypertensive ratsT Shimosawa
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 9:1119-25. 1996..In contrast to insulin, direct stimulation of Na(+)-K+ ATPase with a high-potassium buffer (12 mmol/L) reduced NE overflow to the same extent among the four groups...
- Effect of thyroxine on cellular oxygen-consumption and glucose uptake: evidence of an effect of total T4 and not "free T4"J Kvetny
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Internal Medicine C, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 22:485-9. 1990..Inhibition of the NaK-ATPase by addition of ouabain (9-72 mg/l) did not inhibit T4 stimulation, thus indicating that the ouabain sensitive NaK-..
- IgE-receptor activated chloride uptake in relation to histamine secretion from rat mast cellsU G Friis
Department of Pharmacology, Odense University, Denmark
Br J Pharmacol 111:1179-83. 1994..7. Ouabain (1 mM) which inhibits the Na+/K+ ATPase in rat peritoneal mast cells, failed to affect the uptake of chloride in resting mast cells. 8...
- Two separate genes encode the catalytic 70 kDa V-ATPase subunit in Psilotum and EquisetumT Starke
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269
Z Naturforsch C 46:613-20. 1991..lysosomes, chromaffin granules, vesicles derived from the Golgi apparatus, endosomes and vacuoles. Although this ATPase type is targeted to different compartments in one cell, only one gene for each subunit had been found per genome...
- Endogenous digoxin-like immunoactivity in subjects with diabetes mellitus and hypertensionE Martinka
Department of Internal Medicine I, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Commenius University, Martin, Slovakia
Am J Hypertens 11:667-76. 1998..None of the sera (n = 15) with different DLIA concentrations (0.0-0.38 nmol/L) exhibited K-pNPPase (Na+-K+-ATPase) inhibitory activity...
- Predominance of high molecular weight plasma Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase inhibitor in essential hypertensionH C Gonick
Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048
Am J Hypertens 6:680-7. 1993Circulating inhibitors of the transport enzyme, sodium-potassium-activated adenosine triphosphatase (Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase), have been shown to be of possible pathogenetic importance in the mechanism of essential hypertension...
- The mechanism of force generation in myosin: a disorder-to-order transition, coupled to internal structural changesD D Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Biophys J 68:135S-141S. 1995..Some of these disordered heads are bound to actin, especially in the early (weak-binding, preforce) phase of the ATPase cycle...
- Dopamine-induced translocation of protein kinase C isoforms visualized in renal epithelial cellsS Nowicki
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital, S-171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C1812-8. 2000..We used a proximal tubular-like cell line, LLCPK-1 cells, in which dopamine was found to inhibit Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase in a PKC-dependent manner...
- Critical parameters in the quantitation of the stages of initiation, promotion, and progression in one model of hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratH C Pitot
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Toxicol Pathol 17:594-611; discussion 611-2. 1989..markers--gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), a placental form of glutathione S-transferase (GST), canalicular ATPase, and glucose 6-phosphatase (G6Pase)--was described for the chemicals C.I...
- Spegazzinine, a new inhibitor of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylationO A Roveri
, , Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, Rosario, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 333:187-94. 1974..Oxygen uptake by submitochondrial particles was not affected. The 2,4-dinitrophenol-stimulated ATPase activity of rat liver mitochondria was not affected by 300 microM spegazzinine, a concentration of alkaloid that ..
- Higher salt consumption, digoxin-like factor, and nifedipine response are associated with salt sensitivity in essential hypertensionV Dichtchekenian
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, , Brazil
Am J Hypertens 5:707-12. 1992..increased weight gain suggests volume expansion, a situation already shown to increase plasma levels of a Na, K-ATPase inhibitor...
- Increased acylphosphatase levels in erythrocytes, muscle and liver of tri-iodothyronine treated rabbitsP Nassi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimie, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 22:33-7. 1990..Besides acylphosphatase we assayed (Na+ + K+)-ATPase, Ca2(+)-ATPase and several enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism...
- Heart and hypertensionR Fogari
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Am J Hypertens 2:16S-23S. 1989..In the hypertrophied human ventricle, a decreased ATPase activity of myofibrils was observed, probably related to changes in myosin light chains...
- Activation of the human thymidine kinase (TK) promoter by simian virus 40 large T antigen requires both the T antigen pRb family-binding domain and TK promoter sequences resembling E2F-binding sitesM M Anderson
Department of Microbiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Virol 70:6304-13. 1996..and -independent mechanisms; (iii) the T-Ag pRb family-binding domain, but not the p53-binding, helicase, or ATPase domain, is required for activation; and (iv) activation is severely diminished with a TK promoter fragment in ..
- Role of digitalis-like substance in the hypertension of streptozotocin-induced diabetes in reduced renal mass ratsS Chen
Department of Physiology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Am J Hypertens 6:397-406. 1993..The same was the case for plasma digitalis-like substance (DLS), determined by exposing canine Na+,K(+)-ATPase to plasma fractions and observing the percent inhibition...
- Effects of adult-onset choline deprivation on the activities of acetylcholinesterase, (Na+,K+)- and Mg2+-ATPase in crucial rat brain regionsCharis Liapi
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Food Chem Toxicol 47:82-5. 2009..the effect of a 2-month adult-onset CD on the activities of acetylcholinesterase (AChE), (Na+,K+)- and Mg2+-ATPase in crucial brain regions of male rats. Adult rats were divided into two groups (control and CD)...
- Effect of respiratory acidosis and respiratory alkalosis on renal transport enzymesS Eiam Ong
Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock 79430
Am J Physiol 267:F390-9. 1994..acidosis and respiratory alkalosis on acid-base composition and on microdissected renal adenosinetriphosphatase (ATPase) enzymes. Rats were subjected to hypercapnia or hypocapnia of 6, 24, and 72 h duration...
- Changes in lipid peroxidation, the redox system and ATPase activities in plasma membranes of rice seedling roots caused by lanthanum chlorideH L Zheng
Department of Biology, Xiamen University, PR China
Biometals 13:157-63. 2000..The effects of lanthanum chloride (LaCl3) on the activities of lipid peroxidation, the redox system and H+-ATPase, Ca2+-ATPase of plasma membranes were studied...
- The binding of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies to the Ca2(+)-ATPase of sarcoplasmic reticulum: effects on interactions between ATPase moleculesE Molnar
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, State University of New York, Syracuse 13210
Biochim Biophys Acta 1023:147-67. 1990We analyzed the interaction of 14 monoclonal and 5 polyclonal anti-ATPase antibodies with the Ca2(+)-ATPase of rabbit sarcoplasmic reticulum and correlated the location of their epitopes with their effects on ATPase-ATPase interactions ..
- Cloning and molecular characterisation of the trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) vacuolar H(+)-ATPase B subunitS F Perry
Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
J Exp Biol 203:459-70. 2000..of transepithelial ion movements in the gill of freshwater fish incorporates an apically oriented vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (H(+)V-ATPase; proton pump) that is believed to facilitate both acid excretion and Na(+) uptake...
- Possible role of Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase in the regulation of human corpus cavernosum smooth muscle contractility by nitric oxideS Gupta
Department of Urology, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Br J Pharmacol 116:2201-6. 19951. This study was designed to determine the role of sodium-potassium adenosine triphosphatase (Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase) in the regulation of human corpus cavernosum smooth muscle contractility by nitric oxide (NO)...
- Modulation of the actin cytoskeleton via gelsolin regulates vacuolar H+-ATPase recyclingValerie Beaulieu
Program in Membrane Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 280:8452-63. 2005..by the calcium-activated actin-capping and -severing protein gelsolin plays a key role in regulating vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) recycling...
- The opposite effects of cyclic AMP-protein kinase a signal transduction pathway on renal cortical and medullary Na+,K+-ATPase activityJ Bełtowski
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 53:211-31. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate in vivo the effect of PKA on renal Na, K-ATPase activity. The study was performed in male Wistar rats...
- Identification of the subunits of F1F0-ATPase from bovine heart mitochondriaJ E Walker
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, U K
Biochemistry 30:5369-78. 1991An oligomycin-sensitive F1F0-ATPase isolated from bovine heart mitochondria has been reconstituted into phospholipid vesicles and pumps protons...
- Delta protein kinase C interacts with the d subunit of the F1F0 ATPase in neonatal cardiac myocytes exposed to hypoxia or phorbol ester. Implications for F1F0 ATPase regulationTiffany Nguyen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 2300, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29831-40. 2008..We have, therefore, evaluated protein kinase C modulation of the F(1)F(0) ATPase in neonatal cardiac myocytes...
- Photosensitizing effects of hematoporphyrin derivative and photofrin II on the plasma membrane enzymes 5'-nucleotidase, Na+K+-ATPase, and Mg2+-ATPase in R3230AC mammary adenocarcinomasS L Gibson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642
Cancer Res 48:3360-6. 1988..The activities of Na+K+-ATPase, Mg2+-ATPase and 5'-nucleotidase in isolated membranes were measured after exposure of membranes to either ..
- P-type Na+/K+-ATPase and V-type H+-ATPase expression patterns in the osmoregulatory organs of larval and adult mosquito Aedes aegyptiMarjorie L Patrick
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0146, USA
J Exp Biol 209:4638-51. 2006This study describes the expression patterns of P-type Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase and V-type H(+)-ATPase in the larval and adult forms of the mosquito Aedes aegypti and provides insight into their relative importance in ion transport function of ..
- [Effects of methyl jasmonate treatment on the hydrolytic activity and phosphorylation level of plasma membrane H+-ATPase in mung bean (Vigna radiata L.) hypocotyls]Bin Wen
Institute of Piwei, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China
Zhi Wu Sheng Li Yu Fen Zi Sheng Wu Xue Xue Bao 30:665-70. 2004..kinase inhibitors and phosphatase inhibitors to investigate the effect of MeJA (methyl jasmonate) on the H+-ATPase hydrolytic activity of plasma membrane, and the regulations involved with phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of ..
- Ultracytochemical location of Na(+)/K(+)-atpase activity and effect of high salinity acclimation in gill and renal epithelia of the freshwater shrimp Macrobrachium olfersii (Crustacea, Decapoda)J C McNamara
Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
J Exp Zool 284:617-28. 1999Accumulation sites of lead phosphate reaction product consequent to Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase activity in gill and renal epithelia of the freshwater shrimp Macrobrachium olfersii were located ultracytochemically by para-nitrophenyl-phosphate ..
- Effects of short-term exposure to manganese on the adult rat brain antioxidant status and the activities of acetylcholinesterase, (Na,K)-ATPase and Mg-ATPase: modulation by L-cysteineCharis Liapi
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:171-5. 2008..on the adult rat brain total antioxidant status (TAS) and the activities of acetylcholinesterase (AChE), Na+,K+-ATPase and Mg2+-ATPase induced by short-term Mn administration (as Mn chloride, 50 mg/kg)...
- Distribution of (Na+ + K+)ATPase and sodium channels in skeletal muscle and electroplaxR G Ariyasu
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Neurocytol 16:511-22. 1987The distributions of (Na+ + K+)ATPase and sodium channels in skeletal muscle fibres and electrocytes were determined by immunofluorescent and immunoelectron microscopic techniques using antibodies against rat and eel (Na+ + K+)ATPase and ..
- Isoform specificity of cardiac glycosides binding to human Na+,K+-ATPase alpha1beta1, alpha2beta1 and alpha3beta1Christian Hauck
Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 622:7-14. 2009Cardiac glycosides inhibit the Na(+),K(+)-ATPase and are used for the treatment of symptomatic heart failure and atrial fibrillation...
- Reconstruction of the complete ouabain-binding pocket of Na,K-ATPase in gastric H,K-ATPase by substitution of only seven amino acidsLi Yan Qiu
Department of Biochemistry 160, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 280:32349-55. 2005..glycosides have been used as drugs for more than 2 centuries and their primary target, the sodium pump (Na,K-ATPase), has already been known for 4 decades, their exact binding site is still elusive...
- Immunolocalization of CA II and H+ V-ATPase in epithelial cells of the mouse and rat epididymisL Hermo
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Androl 21:376-91. 2000..anhydrase II (CA II) and a 67-kd subunit of Neurospora crassa vacuolar proton adenosinetriphosphatase (H+ V-ATPase) pump were immunolocalized using light microscopy and electron microscopy (EM) in the epididymis of rats and mice...
- Analysis of F1F0-ATPase from Helicobacter pyloriC C McGowan
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2605, USA
Infect Immun 65:2640-7. 1997..The proton-translocating F1F0-ATPase is an important enzyme for regulating intracellular pH or synthesizing ATP in many other enteric bacteria; ..
- Regucalcin increases Ca2+-ATPase activity in the heart mitochondria of normal and regucalcin transgenic ratsTania Akhter
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Molecular Metabolism, Graduate School of Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Int J Mol Med 18:171-6. 2006The role of regucalcin, a regulatory protein in intracellular signaling system, in the regulation of Ca2+-ATPase activity in rat heart mitochondria was investigated...
- [Altered expression of mitochondrial DNA encoding ATP 6, 8 and encoding protein in energy metabolism during cold preservation and reperfusion injury in rat liver transplantation]Ying Zhang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Guizhou Provincial People s Hospital, Guiyang 550002, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:708-11. 2010..changes of mitochondrial (mt) DNA encoding ATP6, 8 of hepatocytes in rat liver transplantation with cold preservation-reperfusion and explore the relationship between the expression of F(0)F(1)-ATPase induced by changes of ATP 6, 8 genes.
- Palytoxin-induced channel formation within the Na+/K+-ATPase does not require a catalytically active enzymeG Scheiner-Bobis
Institut für Biochemie und Endokrinologie, Fachbereich Veterinarmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 248:717-23. 1997It has been demonstrated that palytoxin binds to and forms a channel within the Na+/K+-ATPase. To investigate whether palytoxin-induced channel formation within the sodium pump can occur independently of ATP hydrolysis and phosphorylation ..
- Vacuolar and plasma membrane proton-adenosinetriphosphatasesN Nelson
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Physiol Rev 79:361-85. 1999The vacuolar H+-ATPase (V-ATPase) is one of the most fundamental enzymes in nature. It functions in almost every eukaryotic cell and energizes a wide variety of organelles and membranes...
- Mutations affecting lysine-35 of gpNu1, the small subunit of bacteriophage lambda terminase, alter the strength and specificity of holoterminase interactions with DNAY Hwang
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Virology 231:218-30. 1997The small subunit of lambda terminase, gpNu1, contains a low-affinity ATPase activity that is stimulated by nonspecific dsDNA...
- [3H]Bafilomycin as a probe for the transmembrane proton channel of the osteoclast vacuolar H(+)-ATPaseJ P Mattsson
Department of Cell Biology, ASTRA HASSLE AB, Molndal, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1280:98-106. 1996Bone resorption by the osteoclast is dependent on acidification of the bone surface by a vacuolar type H+-ATPase (V-ATPase) present in the ruffled membrane of the actively resorbing cell...
- Photoinactivation of the F1-ATPase from spinach chloroplasts by dequalinium is accompanied by derivatization of methionine beta183H M Ren
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0601, USA
J Biol Chem 272:32294-300. 1997..thermophilic Bacillus PS3, which are reversibly inhibited by dequalinium in the absence of irradiation, the Mg2+-ATPase activity of heat- or dithiothreitol-activated chloroplast F1 (CF1) from spinach chloroplasts is slightly ..
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ATPase and phospholamban mRNA and protein levels in end-stage heart failure due to ischemic or dilated cardiomyopathyM Flesch
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat Koln, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 74:321-32. 1996..diastole has been explained by the impairment of Ca2+ uptake into the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) via the SR Ca2+ATPase. It is unclear whether Ca2+ATPase function, protein levels, and mRNA steady-state levels correspond to one other, ..
- Site-directed mutagenesis within an ectoplasmic ATPase consensus sequence abrogates the cell aggregating properties of the rat liver canalicular bile acid transporter/ecto-ATPase/cell CAM 105 and carcinoembryonic antigenC J Sippel
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:33095-104. 1996Recent studies of the rat liver canalicular bile acid transporter/ecto-ATPase/cell CAM 105 (CBATP), a member of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) supergene family, indicate that it is a multifunctional protein possessing bile acid efflux,..
- Purification and properties of a vanadate- and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive ATPase from chromaffin granule membranesY Moriyama
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
J Biol Chem 263:8521-7. 1988A vanadate- and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive ATPase was purified about 500-fold from chromaffin granule membranes...
- Interaction between cardiotonic steroids and Na,K-ATPase. Effects of pH and ouabain-induced changes in enzyme conformationFlemming Cornelius
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Aarhus, Ole Worms Alle 1185, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Biochemistry 48:10056-65. 2009The Na,K-ATPase belongs to the P-type ATPase family of primary active cation pumps. It maintains the transmembrane gradients of Na(+) and K(+) across the cell membrane essential for cell homeostasis...
- H(+)V-ATPase-dependent luminal acidification in the kidney collecting duct and the epididymis/vas deferens: vesicle recycling and transcytotic pathwaysD Brown
Renal Unit and Program in Membrane Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Biol 203:137-45. 2000..epithelia contain characteristic 'mitochondria-rich' cells that express high levels of a vacuolar proton-pumping ATPase (H(+)V-ATPase) on their plasma membrane and on intracellular vesicles...
- Phosphorylation of phospholamban by cAMP-dependent protein kinase enhances interactions between Ca-ATPase polypeptide chains in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum membranesS Negash
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045 2106, USA
Biochemistry 35:11247-59. 1996..in protein-protein interactions that accompany the activation of the cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) Ca-ATPase following the phosphorylation of phospholamban (PLB)...
- Complementary DNA cloning and sequencing of the chicken muscle ecto-ATPase. Homology with the lymphoid cell activation antigen CD39T L Kirley
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0575, USA
J Biol Chem 272:1076-81. 1997The ecto-ATPase from chicken gizzard (smooth muscle) was solubilized, and the 66-kDa cell membrane ecto-ATPase protein was purified...
- High levels of E-/P-cadherin: correlation with decreased apical polarity of Na/K ATPase in bovine RPE cells in situJ M Burke
Department of Ophthalmology and Cell Biology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:1945-52. 2000The adherens junction protein E-cadherin induces a basolateral polarity of Na/K ATPase in most epithelial cells that express it, whereas in retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) cells, Na/K ATPase is largely apical...
- Localization and identification of Ca2+ATPases in highly purified human platelet plasma and intracellular membranes. Evidence that the monoclonal antibody PL/IM 430 recognizes the SERCA 3 Ca2+ATPase in human plateletsS Bokkala
Platelet Section, Thrombosis Research Institute, Chelsea, London, U K
Biochem J 306:837-42. 1995The Ca2+ATPase activities of highly purified human platelet membranes prepared by high-voltage free-flow electrophoresis have been analysed by using [gamma-32P]ATP hydrolysis, recognition by antibodies and phosphoenzyme-complex formation...
- C-peptide, Na+,K(+)-ATPase, and diabetesP Vague
Departement de Nutrition Endocrinologie Maladies Métaboliques, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Exp Diabesity Res 5:37-50. 2004Na+,K(+)-ATPase is an ubiquitous membrane enzyme that allows the extrusion of three sodium ions from the cell and two potassium ions from the extracellular fluid...
- Na,K-ATPase in skeletal muscle: two populations of beta-spectrin control localization in the sarcolemma but not partitioning between the sarcolemma and the transverse tubulesM W Williams
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cell Sci 114:751-62. 2001We used immunological approaches to study the factors controlling the distribution of the Na,K-ATPase in fast twitch skeletal muscle of the rat...
- The effects of the pre-treatment of intravenous nimodipine on Na(+)-K+/Mg+2 ATPase, Ca+2/Mg+2 ATPase, lipid peroxidation and early ultrastructural findings following middle cerebral artery occlusion in the ratF Ildan
Department of Neurosurgery, Cukurova University School of Medicine, Balcali Adana 01330, Turkey
Neurol Res 23:96-104. 2001..The effects of nimodipine, a calcium antagonist, on the Na(+)-K+/MG+2 ATPase activity, Ca+2/Mg+2 ATPase, lipid peroxidation, and early ultrastructural findings were examined at the acute ..
- Ca(2+ )transport by the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase in sea cucumber (Ludwigothurea grisea) muscleA Landeira-Fernandez
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Departamento de Bioquimica Medica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Cidade Universitaria, RJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 21941 590
J Exp Biol 204:909-21. 2001..The Ca(2+)-ATPase present in the membrane of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) pumps Ca(2+) from the cytosol into this intracellular ..
Research Grants132 found, 100 shown here
- ENERGY TRANSDUCTION IN NEUROSPORA PLASMA MEMBRANEGENE SCARBOROUGH; Fiscal Year: 1999..The membrane transport protein of primary interest in this laboratory is the proton-translocating ATPase from the plasma membrane of Neurospora crassa...
- PATHOGENESIS OF HERPETIC KERATITISWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..We propose that HSV-induced edema results from inhibition of corneal endothelial cell Na+K+ATPase by products of an inducible nitric oxide synthase (NOS)...
- ENERGY COUPLING BY THE YEAST PLASMA MEMBRANE-ATPASEDavid Perlin; Fiscal Year: 1993..is to understand the structural basis for coupling ATP hydrolysis to proton transport by the plasma membrane H+-ATPase of yeast...
- ENERGY TRANSDUCTION IN NEUROSPORA PLASMA MEMBRANESGENE SCARBOROUGH; Fiscal Year: 2003..A major family of ion-translocating ATPase with about 80 members from all parts of the evolutionary tree is the P-type ATPase family, so named for the ..
- MOLECULAR AND PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF A COLONIC K ATPASEHENRY BINDER; Fiscal Year: 2001..K absorptive process in the rat distal colon associated with an apical K/H exchange energized by a novel H,K-ATPase. The PI has also shown that this process is upregulated by both aldosterone and dietary K depletion...
- MOLECULAR AND PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF A COLONIC K ATPASEVazhaikkurichi Rajendran; Fiscal Year: 2005..K absorptive process in the rat distal colon associated with an apical K/H exchange energized by a novel H,K-ATPase. The PI has also shown that this process is upregulated by both aldosterone and dietary K depletion...
- Solute transport mechanisms in the ciliary body.NICHOLAS DELAMERE; Fiscal Year: 2007..understanding of cellular mechanisms that regulate aqueous humor secretion and an improved understanding of Na,K-ATPase function...
- STRUCTURE OF NA+/K+ ATPASEROBERT FARLEY; Fiscal Year: 2000Na,K-ATPase, which is also called the sodium pump, is a membrane-embedded protein that is found in all animal cells...
- STRUCTURE OF NA+/K+ ATPASEROBERT FARLEY; Fiscal Year: 1993Na,K-ATPase, which is also called the sodium pump, is a membrane-embedded protein that is found in all animal cells...
- Role of the Na, K-ATPase Alpha4 Isoform in Sperm MotilityPaul James; Fiscal Year: 2006Project Summary: The Na,K-ATPase alpha4 isoform has been found only in the membrane of male germ cells of rats and is most abundant in mature sperm...
- ASSEMBLY OF MEMBRANES IN HEART AND YEAST MITOCHONDRIAALEXANDER A TZAGOLOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..mutants of the unicellular yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae to study the mechanisms by which the H+ translocating ATPase (F1-F0 ATPase), the bc1 complex and mitochondrial ribosomes are assembled...
- Therapeutic Strategies for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic EncephalopathyRaymond Koehler; Fiscal Year: 2009..D1 receptor activation amplifies NMDA channel calcium currents by NR1 phosphorylation and decreases Na,K-ATPase activity...
- Therapeutic Strategies for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic EncephalopathyRAYMOND CHARLES KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..D1 receptor activation amplifies NMDA channel calcium currents by NR1 phosphorylation and decreases Na,K-ATPase activity...
- H+-ATPase And AQP2: Regulation Of Targeting And Recycling In IMCD CellsJohn H Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010IMCD cells in vivo and in culture secrete H+, mediated by an H+-ATPase, and absorb H2O mediated by aquaporin-2 (AQP2)...
- REGULATION OF NA,K ATPASE BY THE AH RECEPTORMary Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..One potential AhR gene target that could account for some of TCDD's teratogenic effects is the Na+/K+ ATPase alpha1...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE NA+,K+ ATPASE AND ITS GENESJerry Lingrel; Fiscal Year: 1990The long term objectives of our studies are to define the structural and functional domains of the sodium-potassium ATPase (Na+K+ATPase), and to describe the number, sequence organization and regulation of the genes which code for it...
- Genetic Control of Vacuolar H+-ATPase ExpressionBETH LEE; Fiscal Year: 2005The vacuolar proton-translocating ATPase, or V-ATPase, is a multi-subunit complex that uses energy from ATP hydrolysis to transport protons across cellular membranes...
- Na,K-ATPase mediated ouabain effects in polycystic kidney diseaseV GUSTAVO BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because of its essential function in the vectorial movement of salt and water in the kidney, the Na,K-ATPase has been the focus of investigation to understand the pathophysiology of ADPKD...
- REGULATION OF LENS CATION BALANCE AND DISTRIBUTIONCHRISTOPHER PATERSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..a delicate balance between lens cell membrane permeability and the energy dependent transport of calcium by Ca-ATPase at the level of the lens cell membrane (PM Ca-ATPase) and at the level of endoplasmic reticulum. (SERCA Ca-ATPase)...
- DETOXICATION OF XENOBIOTICS IN ERYTHROCYTESYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 1999..GSH)-conjugates in human erythrocyte membrane and designated it as dinitrophenyl S-glutathione (Dnp-SG) ATPase because the use of Dnp-SG as a model substrate...
- Regulation of Renal H+ATPase by GlycolysisStephen Gluck; Fiscal Year: 2007..Acid secretion is coupled to cellular metabolism, but the mechanisms for metabolic control of the H+ATPase are poorly understood...
- Na+K+ATPase: Role of Alpha IsoformsJerry Lingrel; Fiscal Year: 2007Our laboratory is interested in the physiological role of the Na,K-ATPase, particularly the function of the different alpha isoforms of this enzyme...
- NA,K-ATPase: Role of Alpha IsoformsJerry B Lingrel; Fiscal Year: 2010Our laboratory is interested in the physiological role of the Na,K-ATPase, particularly the function of the different alpha isoforms of this enzyme...
- Na,K-ATPase as an Integrator of the Calcium-signaling MachineryZijian Xie; Fiscal Year: 2007Na/K-ATPase belongs to the family of P-type ATPases and was discovered as an energy transducing ion pump...
- Na,K-ATPase as an Integrator of the Calcium-signaling MachineryZijian Xie; Fiscal Year: 2009Na/K-ATPase belongs to the family of P-type ATPases and was discovered as an energy transducing ion pump...
- Na,K-ATPase as an Integrator of the Calcium-signaling MachineryZijian Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010Na/K-ATPase belongs to the family of P-type ATPases and was discovered as an energy transducing ion pump...
- Secretory Vesicle Function During Spermatogenesis & Fertilization in C. elegansSTEVEN W L apos HERNAULT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sperm secretory vesicles acquire an acidic internal pH during their maturation due to vacuolar (V-) ATPase activity, and this occurs in many animals, including humans...
- Secretory Vesicle Function During Spermatogenesis & Fertilization in C. elegansSTEVEN L HERNAULT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Sperm secretory vesicles acquire an acidic internal pH during their maturation due to vacuolar (V-) ATPase activity, and this occurs in many animals, including humans...
- Secretory Vesicle Function During Spermatogenesis & Fertilization in C. elegansSTEVEN L HERNAULT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Sperm secretory vesicles acquire an acidic internal pH during their maturation due to vacuolar (V-) ATPase activity, and this occurs in many animals, including humans...
- V-ATPase H+ PUMP REGULATION IN FUEL ENERGY SELECTIONKarlett J Parra; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our goal to demonstrate the fundamental mechanisms that carefully regulate V-ATPase function and assembly in order to gain insight into how V- ATPases assist in controlling luminal, cytosolic, and ..
- V-ATPase H+ PUMP REGULATION IN FUEL ENERGY SELECTIONKARLETT PARRA; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is our goal to demonstrate the fundamental mechanisms that carefully regulate V-ATPase function and assembly in order to gain insight into how V- ATPases assist in controlling luminal, cytosolic, and ..
- V-ATPase H+ PUMP REGULATION IN FUEL ENERGY SELECTIONKarlett J Parra; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our goal to demonstrate the fundamental mechanisms that carefully regulate V-ATPase function and assembly in order to gain insight into how V- ATPases assist in controlling luminal, cytosolic, and ..
- ATP LINKED EFFECTORS OF NA+, K+ ATPASE AND CATARACTSMARGARET GARNER; Fiscal Year: 2001..ATP hydrolysis by the Na, K-ATPase of the lens epithelium is altered in a majority of human cataract lenses...
- CELL BIOLOGY OF ION PUMPS SORTING AND FUNCTIONMichael Caplan; Fiscal Year: 2000..the mechanisms and interactions required for the differential localization of homologous members of the P-type ATPase family...