Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNAH12
Description: dynein axonemal heavy chain 12
Alias: DHC3, DLP12, DLP3, DNAH12L, DNAH7L, DNAHC12, DNAHC3, DNHD2, HDHC3, HL-19, HL19, dynein heavy chain 12, axonemal, axonemal beta dynein heavy chain 12, axonemal dynein heavy chain isotype3, ciliary dynein heavy chain 12, dynein heavy chain domain-containing protein 2, dynein, axonemal, heavy polypeptide 12, dynein, heavy chain-5
- Chapelin C, Duriez B, Magnino F, Goossens M, Escudier E, Amselem S. Isolation of several human axonemal dynein heavy chain genes: genomic structure of the catalytic site, phylogenetic analysis and chromosomal assignment. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:325-30 pubmed
- Neesen J, Koehler M, Kirschner R, Steinlein C, Kreutzberger J, Engel W, et al. Identification of dynein heavy chain genes expressed in human and mouse testis: chromosomal localization of an axonemal dynein gene. Gene. 1997;200:193-202 pubmed..Two of these clones, gHDHC7 and gMDHC7, are homologous genes encoding axonemal inner arm dyneins. While the human clone is assigned to 3p21, the mouse gene maps to chromosome 14. ..
- Driskell O, Mironov A, Allan V, Woodman P. Dynein is required for receptor sorting and the morphogenesis of early endosomes. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:113-20 pubmed..When dynein function is acutely disrupted, efficient recycling of transferrin from EGF-containing endosomes is retarded, loss of Rab5 is slowed and endosome enlargement is reduced. ..
- Kesavan B, Arockiasamy A, Sankaran K. The structure of DLP12 endolysin exhibiting alternate loop conformation and comparative analysis with other endolysins. Proteins. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Endolysin encoded by DLP12 cryptic prophage is a SAR endolysin which is retained by the bacterium presumably due to the benefit it confers...
- Johansson M, Rocha N, Zwart W, Jordens I, Janssen L, Kuijl C, et al. Activation of endosomal dynein motors by stepwise assembly of Rab7-RILP-p150Glued, ORP1L, and the receptor betalll spectrin. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:459-71 pubmed..Dynein will initiate translocation of late endosomes to microtubule minus ends only after interacting with betaIII spectrin, which requires the activities of Rab7-RILP and ORP1L. ..