Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DLK1
Description: delta like non-canonical Notch ligand 1
Alias: DLK, DLK-1, Delta1, FA1, PREF1, Pref-1, ZOG, pG2, protein delta homolog 1, delta-like 1 homolog, fetal antigen 1, preadipocyte factor 1, secredeltin
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Comparative sequence analysis of the imprinted Dlk1-Gtl2 locus in three mammalian species reveals highly conserved genomic elements and refines comparison with the Igf2-H19 regionM Paulsen
University of Cambridge, Department of Anatomy, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
Genome Res 11:2085-94. 2001The Dlk1-Gtl2 domain on mouse chromosome 12 contains reciprocally imprinted genes with the potential to contribute to our understanding of common features involved in imprinting control...
- Up-regulation of DLK1 as an imprinted gene could contribute to human hepatocellular carcinomaJian Huang
Shanghai Ministry Key Laboratory of Disease and Health Genomics, Chinese National Human Genome Center at Shanghai, 351 Guo Shou Jing Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Carcinogenesis 28:1094-103. 2007..Dysregulation of a genomic imprinting gene can contribute to carcinogenesis. Here, delta-like 1 homolog (Drosophila) (DLK1), a paternally expressed gene, was found to be significantly up-regulated in 60 (73...
- Differential regulation of imprinting in the murine embryo and placenta by the Dlk1-Dio3 imprinting control regionShau Ping Lin
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Anatomy Building, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Development 134:417-26. 2007..This indicates that the mechanism of action of the IG-DMR is different in the embryo and the placenta and suggests that the epigenetic control of imprinting differs in these two lineages...
- Genomic imprinting at the mammalian Dlk1-Dio3 domainSimao Teixeira da Rocha
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Trends Genet 24:306-16. 2008..of imprinted genes delineated by the delta-like homolog 1 gene and the type III iodothyronine deiodinase gene (Dlk1-Dio3) is located on distal mouse chromosome 12 and human chromosome 14...
- Protein structure of fetal antigen 1 (FA1). A novel circulating human epidermal-growth-factor-like protein expressed in neuroendocrine tumors and its relation to the gene products of dlk and pG2C H Jensen
Division of Immunology, Statens Seruminstitut, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Eur J Biochem 225:83-92. 1994The present paper describes the primary structure, glycosylation and tissue localization of fetal antigen 1 (FA1) isolated from second-trimester human amniotic fluid...
- Pref-1, a protein containing EGF-like repeats, inhibits adipocyte differentiationC M Smas
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 73:725-34. 1993With the aim of identifying novel regulators of adipocyte differentiation, we have cloned and characterized preadipocyte factor 1 (pref-1), a novel member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like family of proteins...
- FA1 immunoreactivity in endocrine tumours and during development of the human fetal pancreas; negative correlation with glucagon expressionD Tornehave
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Statens Seruminstitut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Histochem Cell Biol 106:535-42. 1996b>Fetal antigen 1 (FA1) is a glycoprotein containing six epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like repeats...
- Mouse Peg9/Dlk1 and human PEG9/DLK1 are paternally expressed imprinted genes closely located to the maternally expressed imprinted genes: mouse Meg3/Gtl2 and human MEG3S Kobayashi
Gene Research Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 5:1029-37. 2000..In this study, we applied DNA chip technology for isolating paternally expressed imprinted genes (Pegs). We compared the resulting expression profiles of parthenogenetic and fertilized control embryos to identify novel imprinted genes...
- Identification of the single base change causing the callipyge muscle hypertrophy phenotype, the only known example of polar overdominance in mammalsBrad A Freking
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USA
Genome Res 12:1496-506. 2002..Initial functional analysis indicates sequence encompassing the mutation is part of a novel transcript expressed in sheep fetal muscle we have named CLPG1...
- High delta-like 1 expression in a subset of neuroblastoma cell lines corresponds to a differentiated chromaffin cell typeVera A E Van Limpt
Department of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 105:61-9. 2003..By Serial Analysis of Gene Expression (SAGE), we previously identified the Drosophila Delta homologue Dlk1 as one of the genes most highly expressed in the neuroblastoma cell line SK-N-FI...
- Epigenetic detection of human chromosome 14 uniparental disomyS K Murphy
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Hum Mutat 22:92-7. 2003The recent demonstration of genomic imprinting of DLK1 and MEG3 on human chromosome 14q32 indicates that these genes might contribute to the discordant phenotypes associated with uniparental disomy (UPD) of chromosome 14...
- Regulation of human skeletal stem cells differentiation by Dlk1/Pref-1Basem M Abdallah
Department of Endocrinology, Univerity Hospital of Odense, Odense, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 19:841-52. 2004Dlk-1/Pref-1 was identified as a novel regulator of human skeletal stem cell differentiation. Dlk1/Pref-1 is expressed in bone and cultured osteoblasts, and its constitutive overexpression led to inhibition of osteoblast and adipocyte ..
- Epigenetic alteration at the DLK1-GTL2 imprinted domain in human neoplasia: analysis of neuroblastoma, phaeochromocytoma and Wilms' tumourD Astuti
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham, The Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 92:1574-80. 2005..imprinted gene cluster at 14q32 has been defined and includes two closely linked but reciprocally imprinted genes, DLK1 and GTL2, that have similarities to IGF2 and H19, respectively...
- Dlk1 in normal and abnormal hematopoiesisS Sakajiri
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Leukemia 19:1404-10. 2005b>Dlk1 (Pref-1) is a transmembrane and secreted protein, which is a member of the epidermal growth factor-like family, homologous to Notch/Delta/Serrate...
- DLK1: increased expression in gliomas and associated with oncogenic activitiesD Yin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Oncogene 25:1852-61. 2006b>DLK1 (delta-like) is a transmembrane and secreted protein in the epidermal growth factor-like homeotic family. Although expressed widely during embryonic development, only a few tissues retain the expression in adults...
- Imprinted DLK1 is a putative tumor suppressor gene and inactivated by epimutation at the region upstream of GTL2 in human renal cell carcinomaTakahiro Kawakami
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 15:821-30. 2006..We report that imprinted DLK1 at 14q32, a regulator of adipocyte differentiation, is a candidate TSG in RCCs...
- dlk1/FA1 regulates the function of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by modulating gene expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and immune response-related factorsBasem M Abdallah
KMEB Laboratory, Medical Biotechnology Center, Odense University Hospital, Southern Denmark University, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:7339-51. 2007b>dlk1/FA1 (delta-like 1/fetal antigen-1) is a member of the epidermal growth factor-like homeotic protein family whose expression is known to modulate the differentiation signals of mesenchymal and hematopoietic stem cells in bone marrow...
- Methylation analysis of the intergenic differentially methylated region of DLK1-GTL2 in humanElke Geuns
Research Centre Reproduction and Genetics, University Hospital and Medical School of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 15:352-61. 2007..We studied the methylation patterns of the intergenic (IG)-DMR of DLK1 and GTL2...
- Delta-like 1 (Dlk-1), a novel marker of prostate basal and candidate epithelial stem cells, is downregulated by notch signalling in intermediate/transit amplifying cells of the human prostateJens A Ceder
Lund University, Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Urological Research, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Eur Urol 54:1344-53. 2008..There is a lack of understanding of the processes that regulate differentiation in the prostate...
- The evolution of the DLK1-DIO3 imprinted domain in mammalsCarol A Edwards
Department of Physiology, Development, and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 6:e135. 2008..The imprinting status, DNA methylation, and genomic landscape of the Dlk1-Dio3 cluster were determined in eutherian, metatherian, and prototherian mammals including tammar wallaby and ..
- Molecular mechanisms regulating phenotypic outcome in paternal and maternal uniparental disomy for chromosome 14Tsutomu Ogata
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Epigenetics 3:181-7. 2008Human chromosome 14q32.2 carries a cluster of imprinted genes including paternally expressed genes (PEGs) such as DLK1 and RTL1, and maternally expressed genes (MEGs) such as GTL2 (alias, MEG3), RTL1as (RTL1 antisense) and MEG8...
- Minireview: Pref-1: role in adipogenesis and mesenchymal cell fateHei Sook Sul
Department of Nutritional Science and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:1717-25. 2009Preadipocyte factor-1 [Pref-1; also called Dlk1 (Delta-like protein 1)] is made as an epidermal growth factor-repeat containing transmembrane protein that produces a biologically active soluble form by TNF-alpha-converting enzyme (TACE)-..
- An upstream insulator regulates DLK1 imprinting in AMLHaytham Khoury
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Blood 115:2260-3. 2010b>DLK1 is an imprinted gene on chromosome 14...
- Delta-like 1 contributes to cell growth by increasing the interferon-inducible protein 16 expression in hepatocellular carcinomaFeng Yu
Institute of Life Sciences, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China
Liver Int 30:703-14. 2010Delta-like 1 (DLK1), a fetal liver stem cell marker, is strongly expressed in human and rodent fetal liver, but not in adult liver. Notably, dysregulation of DLK1 was found in some human hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC)...
- Dlk-1, a cell surface antigen on foetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells, is expressed in hepatocellular, colon, pancreas and breast carcinomas at a high frequencyHiroyuki Yanai
LivTech Inc, Teikyo University Biotechnology Research Centre 1F, 907 Nogawa, Miyamae, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 0001, Japan
J Biochem 148:85-92. 2010Delta-like 1 protein (Dlk-1), also known as preadipocyte factor 1 (Pref-1), is a transmembrane and secreted protein with epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like repeats...
- Pref-1 interacts with fibronectin to inhibit adipocyte differentiationYuhui Wang
Department of Nutritional Science and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3480-92. 2010Pref-1/Dlk1 is made as an epidermal growth factor (EGF) repeat-containing transmembrane protein but is cleaved by tumor necrosis factor alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to generate a biologically active soluble form...
- [Study on the molecular mechanisms of dlk1 stimulated lung cancer cell proliferation]Yu Liu
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100021, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 13:923-7. 2010The imprinted gene dlk1 has been recognized as a cancer related gene since it aberrantly expressed in a series of cancer tissues, but its role in lung cancer is still unknown...
- DLK1-DIO3 genomic imprinted microRNA cluster at 14q32.2 defines a stemlike subtype of hepatocellular carcinoma associated with poor survivalJohn M Luk
Cancer Science Institute and Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, 117597, Singapore
J Biol Chem 286:30706-13. 2011..a TRE-c-Met-driven transgenic HCC mouse model, we identified a cluster of 23 miRNAs that is encoded within the Dlk1-Gtl2 imprinted region on chromosome 12qF1 overexpressed in all of the isolated liver tumors...
- Postnatal loss of Dlk1 imprinting in stem cells and niche astrocytes regulates neurogenesisSacri R Ferron
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Nature 475:381-5. 2011The gene for the atypical NOTCH ligand delta-like homologue 1 (Dlk1) encodes membrane-bound and secreted isoforms that function in several developmental processes in vitro and in vivo...
- DLK1 as a potential target against cancer stem/progenitor cells of hepatocellular carcinomaXiao Xu
National Human Genome Center of Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Mol Cancer Ther 11:629-38. 2012Delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1; Drosophila) is a hepatic stem/progenitor cell marker in fetal livers that plays a vital role in oncogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- The microRNAs within the DLK1-DIO3 genomic region: involvement in disease pathogenesisLeonidas Benetatos
Transfusion Unit, General Hospital of Preveza, Selefkias 2, 48100, Preveza, Greece
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:795-814. 2013..In humans, the DLK1-DIO3 genomic region, located on human chromosome 14 (14q32) contains the paternally expressed imprinted genes DLK1, ..
- Novel imprinted DLK1/GTL2 domain on human chromosome 14 contains motifs that mimic those implicated in IGF2/H19 regulationA A Wylie
Department of Radiation Oncology and Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Genome Res 10:1711-8. 2000..Here we report the identification of two reciprocally imprinted genes, GTL2 and DLK1, which together define a novel imprinting cluster on human chromosome 14q32...
- Imprinting status of DLK1 gene in brain tumors and lymphomasDong Yin
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Int J Oncol 24:1011-5. 2004b>DLK1 and GTL2 are reciprocally imprinted genes on human chromosome 14q32. DLK1 encodes a transmembrane protein that is a paternally expressed gene. The maternally expressed GTL2 allele encodes a non-translated RNA...
- Expression of DLK1 in hematopoietic cells results in inhibition of differentiation and proliferationLiang Li
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Oncogene 24:4472-6. 2005The Delta-like (DLK1) gene is overexpressed in CD34+ cells from myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients. DLK1 encodes an EGF-like homeotic transmembrane protein homologous to the notch/delta/serrate family...
- Deletions and epimutations affecting the human 14q32.2 imprinted region in individuals with paternal and maternal upd(14)-like phenotypesMasayo Kagami
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
Nat Genet 40:237-42. 2008Human chromosome 14q32.2 carries a cluster of imprinted genes including paternally expressed genes (PEGs) such as DLK1 and RTL1 and maternally expressed genes (MEGs) such as MEG3 (also known as GTL2), RTL1as (RTL1 antisense) and MEG8 (..
- The imprinted DLK1-MEG3 gene region on chromosome 14q32.2 alters susceptibility to type 1 diabetesChris Wallace
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 42:68-71. 2010..79). This marker is in the imprinted region of chromosome 14q32.2, which contains the functional candidate gene DLK1. Our meta-analysis also provided support at genome-wide significance for a T1D locus at chromosome 19p13.2...
- At least ten genes define the imprinted Dlk1-Dio3 cluster on mouse chromosome 12qF1John P Hagan
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4352. 2009..In mammals, imprinted genes are critical in numerous developmental and physiological processes. Aberrant imprinted gene expression is implicated in several diseases including Prader-Willi/Angelman syndromes and cancer...
- Loss of imprinting at the Dlk1-Gtl2 locus caused by insertional mutagenesis in the Gtl2 5' regionEkaterina Y Steshina
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 900 S, Ashland Avenue, MC 567, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
BMC Genet 7:44. 2006The Dlk1 and Gtl2 genes define a region of mouse chromosome 12 that is subject to genomic imprinting, the parental allele-specific expression of a gene...
- Structural conservation versus functional divergence of maternally expressed microRNAs in the Dlk1/Gtl2 imprinting regionMartin Kircher
Max Planck Institut für Informatik, Saarbrucken, Germany
BMC Genomics 9:346. 2008..One of the largest known microRNA clusters is located within the imprinted Dlk1/Gtl2 region on human chromosome 14 and mouse chromosome 12...
- Defining contributions of paternally methylated imprinted genes at the Igf2-H19 and Dlk1-Gtl2 domains to mouse placentation by transcriptomic analysisManabu Kawahara
Department of Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:17751-65. 2009..functions specific to paternally methylated imprinted genes regulated by the Igf2-H19 imprinting control region and Dlk1-Dio3 imprinting control region...
- Asymmetric regulation of imprinting on the maternal and paternal chromosomes at the Dlk1-Gtl2 imprinted cluster on mouse chromosome 12Shau Ping Lin
Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Nat Genet 35:97-102. 2003..5). The 1-Mb cluster contains the paternally expressed protein-coding genes Dlk1 (refs. 6,7) and Dio3 (ref. 8,9) and several maternally expressed non-coding RNAs, including Gtl2 (refs...
- The ontogeny of delta-like protein 1 messenger ribonucleic acid expression during muscle development and regeneration: comparison of broiler and Leghorn chickensJ Shin
Department of Animal Sciences, and The Ohio State University Interdisciplinary PhD Program in Nutrition OSUN, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Poult Sci 88:1427-37. 2009Delta-like protein 1 (DLK1) has been implicated in the muscle hypertrophy observed in DLK1 transgenic mice, callipyge sheep, and mouse paternal uniparental disomy 12 and human paternal uniparental disomy 14 syndromes...
- [The relation between fasting plasma glucose concentrations and insulin resistance]Ling Li
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 44:755-8. 2005..To study whether insulin resistance exists in the Chinese individuals with impaired glucose regulation (IGR) defined by the modified cut-point value (5.6 mmol/L) in 2003 version of ADA criteria for impaired fasting glucose (IFG)...
- [Deep lamellar keratoplasty versus penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconus]B Vabres
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU Nantes, Hotel Dieu, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01
J Fr Ophtalmol 29:361-71. 2006To determine the advantages, safety, and accuracy of deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DLK) versus penetrating keratoplasty (PK) in terms of visual acuity, astigmatism, and endothelial preservation in corneal diseases with healthy ..
- Polar overdominant inheritance of a DLK1 polymorphism is associated with growth and fatness in pigsKwan Suk Kim
Department of Animal Science and Center for Integrated Animal Genomics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Mamm Genome 15:552-9. 2004..The callipyge locus (CLPG) maps to the distal portion of ovine Chromosome 18 within the DLK1- GTL2 region and corresponds to human Chromosome 14q32, where uniparental disomy (UPD) of the region is associated ..
- Suppression subtractive hybridization as a basis to assess Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma bovis genomic diversity and species-specific sequencesMarc S Marenda
UMR INRA ENVT 1225, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23 Ch des Capelles, 31076 Toulouse, France
Microbiology 151:475-89. 2005..bovis type-strain PG45 or for M. agalactiae type-strain PG2 were isolated by suppression subtractive hybridization and used as probes on a panel of M. agalactiae and M...
- Cloning of a membrane-spanning protein with epidermal growth factor-like repeat motifs from adrenal glomerulosa cellsS K Halder
Department of Molecular Physiological Chemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Endocrinology 139:3316-28. 1998....
- Deep lamellar keratoplasty versus penetrating keratoplasty for corneal lesionsA Panda
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Cornea 18:172-5. 1999To compare the effectiveness of deep lamellar keratoplasty (DLK) with that of penetrating keratoplasty (PKP) in cases of corneal lesions not involving the endothelium.
- Comparative genomic and proteomic analyses of two Mycoplasma agalactiae strains: clues to the macro- and micro-events that are shaping mycoplasma diversityLaurent X Nouvel
Universite de Toulouse, ENVT, UMR 1225 Interactions Hôtes Agents Pathogènes, 31076 Toulouse, France
BMC Genomics 11:86. 2010..we compared two strains that are representative of the genetic spectrum encountered in this species: the type strain PG2 which genome is already available and a field strain, 5632, which was fully sequenced and annotated in this study.
- Delta-like and gtl2 are reciprocally expressed, differentially methylated linked imprinted genes on mouse chromosome 12S Takada
Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, CB2 3DY, Cambridge, UK
Curr Biol 10:1135-8. 2000..A reciprocally imprinted gene, Delta-like (Dlk), with homology to genes involved in the Notch signalling pathway was identified 80kb upstream of Gtl2...
- Structural and phylogenetic comparison of three pepsinogens from Pacific bluefin tuna: molecular evolution of fish pepsinogensMasao Tanji
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 152:9-19. 2009The amino acid sequences of three pepsinogens (PG1, PG2 and PG3) of Pacific bluefin tuna (Thunnus orientalis) were deduced by cloning and nucleotide sequencing of the corresponding cDNAs...
- Patterns of rejection after deep lamellar keratoplastyStephanie L Watson
Cornea and External Diseases, Moorfields Eye Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 113:556-60. 2006To describe 7 patients with keratoconus who underwent graft rejection after deep lamellar keratoplasty (DLK).
- Differential expression of delta-like gene and protein in neuroblastoma, ganglioneuroblastoma and ganglioneuromaChih Cheng Hsiao
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Mod Pathol 18:656-62. 2005..An epidermal growth factor-like homeotic protein, delta-like (dlk), has been involved in differentiation of neuroblastoma cell lines, but is unknown in in vivo expression of ..
- Localization of the mixed-lineage kinase DLK/MUK/ZPK to the Golgi apparatus in NIH 3T3 cellsM Douziech
Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 47:1287-96. 1999b>DLK/MUK/ZPK is a serine/threonine kinase that belongs to the mixed-lineage (MLK) subfamily of protein kinases...
- Reduction of tomato polygalacturonase beta subunit expression affects pectin solubilization and degradation during fruit ripeningC F Watson
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721
Plant Cell 6:1623-34. 1994..Two PG isoenzymes can be extracted from ripe fruit: PG2, which is a single catalytic PG polypeptide, and PG1, which is composed of PG2 tightly associated with a second ..
- An adipocentric view of liver fibrosis and cirrhosisJiin Haur Chuang
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 27:855-68. 2004..proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs), leptin, adiponectin, and preadipocyte factor-1/delta-like1 (Pref-1/dlk1) are hormones, growth factors, nuclear receptors, and cytokines that are actively involved in lipid metabolism...
- dlk1 specifically interacts with insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 to modulate adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cellsMaria Luisa Nueda
Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical School, Regional Center for Biomedical Research, University of Castilla La Mancha, Avenida de Almansa 14, 02006 Albacete, Spain
J Mol Biol 379:428-42. 2008b>dlk1 is an epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like homeotic protein containing an intracellular region, a single transmembrane domain, and an extracellular region possessing six EGF-like repeats and a protease-target sequence...
- Multiple forms of polygalacturonase from banana fruitsN Pathak
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lucknow, India
Phytochemistry 48:249-55. 1998..PG1 and PG3 were identified as endo-PG and PG2 as exo-PG on the basis of decrease in viscosity, increase in reducing sugar and the reaction product...
- Acanthamoeba keratitis associated with contact lens wear in SingaporeYong Ming Por
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Am J Ophthalmol 148:7-12.e2. 2009..To describe an outbreak of Acanthamoeba keratitis (AK) cases among contact lens wearers...
- Friedmanniella luteola sp. nov., Friedmanniella lucida sp. nov., Friedmanniella okinawensis sp. nov. and Friedmaniella sagamiharensis sp. nov., isolated from spidersKimika Iwai
Innovative Drug Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd 3 6 6, Asahi machi, Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8533, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:113-20. 2010..Two strains (FA1(T) and FA2(T)) formed a cluster together with Friedmanniella capsulata and Friedmanniella lacustris and the other ..
- Variation in the cellular localization of host-protective oncospheral antigens in Taenia saginata and Taenia soliumA Jabbar
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Vic, Australia
Parasite Immunol 32:684-95. 2010..In addition, there was less intense staining of TSA9 and TSOL45 in the quadri-nucleate penetration gland type 2 (PG2) cell. TSA18, TSOL16 and TSOL18 were predominantly found in the PG2 cell...
- Autologous limbal grafting combined with deep lamellar keratoplasty in unilateral eye with severe chemical or thermal burn at late stageYu feng Yao
Department of Ophthalmology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Zhejiang, China
Ophthalmology 109:2011-7. 2002To evaluate the efficacy of autologous limbal transplantation (ALT) combined with deep lamellar keratoplasty (DLK) for ocular surface reconstruction and corneal clarity recovery in eyes with severe late-stage chemical or thermal burns.
- Purification and characterization of pepsinogens from the gastric mucosa of African coelacanth, Latimeria chalumnae, and properties of the major pepsinsMasao Tanji
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8654, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 146:412-20. 2007Two major pepsinogens, PG1 and PG2, and one minor pepsinogen, PG3, were purified from the gastric mucosa of African coelacanth, Latimeria chalumnae (Actinistia). PG1 and PG2 were much less acidic than PG3...
- Origin, evolution, and biological role of miRNA cluster in DLK-DIO3 genomic region in placental mammalsEvgeny A Glazov
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct QBP, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Mol Biol Evol 25:939-48. 2008..describe a detailed analysis of the miRNA cluster (hereafter mir-379/mir-656 cluster) located within the imprinted DLK-DIO3 region on human chromosome 14...
- Neurogenin 3 and neurogenic differentiation 1 are retained in the cytoplasm of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 islet and pancreatic endocrine tumor cellsMargareta H Lejonklou
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Pancreas 38:259-66. 2009....
- Only the large soluble form of preadipocyte factor-1 (Pref-1), but not the small soluble and membrane forms, inhibits adipocyte differentiation: role of alternative splicingBaisong Mei
Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Biochem J 364:137-44. 2002..We conclude that only the large soluble form, and not the transmembrane or the small soluble form, of Pref-1 is biologically active and that alternative splicing therefore determines Pref-1 function in adipocyte differentiation...
- Mechanisms of inhibition of the thioredoxin growth factor system by antitumor 2-imidazolyl disulfidesD L Kirkpatrick
Department of Chemistry, University of Regina, SK, Canada
Biochem Pharmacol 55:987-94. 1998..Disulfides IV-2 (1-methylpropyl 2-mercaptoimidazolyl disulfide) and DLK-36 (benzyl 2-mercaptoimidazolyl disulfide) were competitive inhibitors of the reduction of hTrx by TR with Ki ..
- Keratocyte activation and inflammation in diffuse lamellar keratitis after formation of an epithelial defectJukka A O Moilanen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:341-9. 2004To examine the inflammatory reaction in acute or late-onset post-laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) associated with an epithelial defect.
- Comparative cohort study of the outcomes of deep lamellar keratoplasty and penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconusC L Funnell
Department of Ophthalmology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Leeds, UK
Eye (Lond) 20:527-32. 2006To compare the outcomes and complications of deep lamellar keratoplasty (DLK) and penetrating keratoplasty (PK) for keratoconus.
- Role of Hox PG2 genes in Nile tilapia pharyngeal arch specification: implications for gnathostome pharyngeal arch evolutionPierre Le Pabic
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Evol Dev 12:45-60. 2010..Genome duplication at the inception of the teleosts likely generated four Hox PG2 genes, only two of which, hoxa2b and b2a, have been preserved in zebrafish, where they serve as functionally ..
- Expression of stem cell markers in the human fetal kidneySally Metsuyanim
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Stem Cell Research Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 4:e6709. 2009..up-regulated in microarrays of both HFK and blastema-enriched stem-like wilms' tumor xenografts (NCAM, ACVRIIB, DLK1/PREF, GPR39, FZD7, FZD2, NTRK2) are likely to be relevant markers...
- Diffuse lamellar keratitis: isolation of endotoxin and demonstration of the inflammatory potential in a rabbit laser in situ keratomileusis modelN T Peters
Gimbel Eye Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:917-23. 2001..examine sources of endotoxin contamination in eye centers as a potential cause of diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) and to demonstrate the inflammatory potential of endotoxin in a rabbit model of laser in situ keratomileusis (..
- Binding of Par-4 to the actin cytoskeleton is essential for Par-4/Dlk-mediated apoptosisSusanne Vetterkind
Institute of Genetics, University of Bonn, Römerstr 164, D 53117 Bonn, Germany
Exp Cell Res 305:392-408. 2005..Cell death mediated by Par-4 and its interaction partner DAP like kinase (Dlk) is characterized by dramatic changes of the cytoskeleton...
- Calcineurin-independent inhibition of 3T3-L1 adipogenesis by Pasteurella multocida toxin: suppression of Notch1, stabilization of beta-catenin and pre-adipocyte factor 1Leila R Aminova
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Cell Microbiol 9:2485-96. 2007..Differentiation of pre-adipocytes into adipocytes requires the suppression of pre-adipocyte factor 1 (Pref1) and Wnt signalling, along with the degradation of beta-catenin...
- VNTR analysis reveals unexpected genetic diversity within Mycoplasma agalactiae, the main causative agent of contagious agalactiaLaura McAuliffe
Mycoplasma Group, Department of Statutory and Exotic Bacteria, Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Surrey, KT15 3NB, UK
BMC Microbiol 8:193. 2008..Previous studies of M. agalactiae have shown it to be unusually homogeneous and there are currently no available epidemiological techniques which enable a high degree of strain differentiation...
- Coordinated diurnal regulation of genes from the Dlk1-Dio3 imprinted domain: implications for regulation of clusters of non-paralogous genesStephane Labialle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 17:15-26. 2008....
- More constraint on ParaHox than Hox gene families in early metazoan evolutionManon Quiquand
Department of Zoology and Animal Biology, University of Geneva, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, CH 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
Dev Biol 328:173-87. 2009..In contrast to bilaterians, cnidarians express, beside PG1, PG2 and Gsx orthologs, numerous Hox-related genes with unclear origin...
- Degradation of PCDD/Fs by mechanochemical treatment of fly ash from medical waste incinerationJ H Yan
State Key Laboratory of Clean Energy Utilization, Institute for Thermal Power Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Hazard Mater 147:652-7. 2007..compared, originating either from rotary kiln fluidized bed multi-stage incinerator using activated carbon spray (FA1, FA2), or a simple stoker incinerator without activated carbon spray (FA3)...
- Diffuse lamellar keratitis and corneal edema associated with viral keratoconjunctivitis 2 years after laser in situ keratomileusisOscar Gris
Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1366-70. 2004..previously for myopia and astigmatism, presented with bilateral loss of vision due to diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) with corneal edema in the context of a pseudomembranous viral keratoconjunctivitis...
- Role of the Dnmt3 family in de novo methylation of imprinted and repetitive sequences during male germ cell development in the mouseYuzuru Kato
Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 16:2272-80. 2007..We have performed a detailed methylation analysis of the paternally methylated DMRs (H19, Dlk1/Gtl2 and Rasgrf1), interspersed repeats [SineB1, intracisternal A particle (IAP) and Line1] and satellite repeats (..
- Congenic mapping of type 1 diabetes--protective gene(s) in an interval of 4 Mb on rat chromosome 6q32Nora Kloting
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Medical Faculty, University of Greifswald, Karlsburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:388-94. 2004..To identify underlying gene(s), the introgressed segment was shortened and the expression of seven genes (Yy1, Dlk1/Pref-1, Wd40 repeat, Cdc42, Rtl1, Traf3, and Tnfaip2) was studied in blood and spleen of non-diabetic BB/OK, BB...
- Expression, biosynthesis and release of preadipocyte factor-1/ delta-like protein/fetal antigen-1 in pancreatic beta-cells: possible physiological implicationsB N Friedrichsen
Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark and Department of Islet Discovery, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
J Endocrinol 176:257-66. 2003Preadipocyte factor-1 (Pref-1)/delta-like protein/fetal antigen-1 (FA1) is a member of the epidermal growth factor-like family...
- Cloning of avian Delta-like 1 homolog gene: the biallelic expression of Delta-like 1 homolog in avian speciesS Shin
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Poult Sci 89:948-55. 2010Delta-like 1 homolog (Dlk1) is a paternally expressed imprinted gene in mammals, regulating development and differentiation of adipose and muscle...
- Identification, molecular cloning, and characterization of dual leucine zipper bearing kinase. A novel serine/threonine protein kinase that defines a second subfamily of mixed lineage kinasesL B Holzman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0676
J Biol Chem 269:30808-17. 1994..Several receptor tyrosine kinase and serine/threonine kinase cDNA clones were identified. One of these, designated DLK, represented a novel gene product whose 3...
- Late onset diffuse lamellar keratitis as a result of the toxic effect of Ecballium elaterium herbIbrahim Koçak
Department of Ophthalmology, Nisa Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Refract Surg 22:826-7. 2006To report a case of late onset diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) 11 months after LASIK due to Ecballium elaterium exposure.
- Zac1 regulates an imprinted gene network critically involved in the control of embryonic growthAnnie Varrault
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, CNRS UMR5203, INSERM U661, Universite Montpellier 1, Universite Montpellier 2, Montpellier, F 34094, France
Dev Cell 11:711-22. 2006..Zac1 alters the expression of several of these imprinted genes, including Igf2, H19, Cdkn1c, and Dlk1, and it directly regulates the Igf2/H19 locus through binding to a shared enhancer...
- Idiopathic recurrence of diffuse lamellar keratitis after LASIKGeorge D Kymionis
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Crete, Greece
J Refract Surg 23:720-1. 2007To report a case of late recurrence of bilateral diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK) after LASIK.
- Activation of the dual-leucine-zipper-bearing kinase and induction of beta-cell apoptosis by the immunosuppressive drug cyclosporin ASilke Plaumann
Molecular Pharmacology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37099 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:652-9. 2008..In the present study, the effect of cyclosporin A and the dual leucine-zipper-bearing kinase (DLK) on beta-cell survival was investigated...
- Glucocorticoid signaling defines a novel commitment state during adipogenesis in vitroCarlos Pantoja
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94107 2280, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:4032-41. 2008..We conclude that glucocorticoids drive preadipocytes to a novel intermediate cellular state, the dex-primed preadipocyte, during adipogenesis in cell culture, and that Pref-1 repression may be a cell fate determinant in preadipocytes...
- Resistance to high-fat diet-induced obesity but exacerbated insulin resistance in mice overexpressing preadipocyte factor-1 (Pref-1): a new model of partial lipodystrophyJosep A Villena
Department of Nutritional Science and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Diabetes 57:3258-66. 2008..In this study, we have investigated the effects of Pref-1 overexpression on whole-body glucose homeostasis and its contribution to the development of insulin resistance...
- Array comparative genomic hybridization-based characterization of genetic alterations in pulmonary neuroendocrine tumorsJohannes Voortman
Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13040-5. 2010..CN alterations were observed in 203 genes, including the RB1 gene and 59 microRNAs of which 51 locate in the DLK1-DIO3 domain. These findings suggest the existence of partially shared CN alterations in these tumor types...
- MicroRNA profile indicates downregulation of the TGFβ pathway in sporadic non-functioning pituitary adenomasHenriett Butz
2nd Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Semmelweis University, 46 Szentkiralyi str, Budapest 1088, Hungary
Pituitary 14:112-24. 2011..Five overexpressed miRs and mRNA expression of Smads (Smad1-9), MEG and DLK1 genes were evaluated with individual Taqman assays in 10 NFPA and 10 normal pituitary tissues...
- Possible roles of DLK1 in the Notch pathway during development and diseaseFarah A Falix
Tytgat Institute for Liver and Intestinal Research, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:988-95. 2012..The precise function of noncanonical Notch ligands remains unclear. Delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1), the best studied noncanonical Notch ligand, has been shown to act as an inhibitor of Notch signaling in vitro, ..
- Dissecting the genotype in syndromic intellectual disability using whole exome sequencing in addition to genome-wide copy number analysisCarl Friedrich Classen
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Ernst Heydemann Str 8, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Hum Genet 132:825-41. 2013..microdeletion, tall stature and renal malformation were unexplained by paternal UPD(14), and there was no altered DLK1 expression or unexpected methylation status...
- Functional annotation and structural characterization of a novel lactonase hydrolyzing D-xylono-1,4-lactone-5-phosphate and L-arabino-1,4-lactone-5-phosphateMagdalena Korczynska
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, 1700 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2330, United States
Biochemistry 53:4727-38. 2014A novel lactonase from Mycoplasma synoviae 53 (MS53_0025) and Mycoplasma agalactiae PG2 (MAG_6390) was characterized by protein structure determination, molecular docking, gene context analysis, and library screening...
- Delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) inhibits proliferation and myotube formation of avian QM7 myoblastsSangsu Shin
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA Life and Industry Convergence Research Institute, College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Pusan National University, Miryang, Gyeongnam 627 706, Republic of Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 179:37-43. 2015Delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) has been implicated as an important regulator in mammalian muscle development...
- [Complications of corneal lamellar refractive surgery]T Kohnen
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 112:982-9. 2015..g. diffuse lamellar keratitis, DLK), epithelial or flap folds, epithelial ingrowths or iatrogenic ectasia...
- Deletion of the miR-379/miR-410 gene cluster at the imprinted Dlk1-Dio3 locus enhances anxiety-related behaviourVirginie Marty
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, Universite de Toulouse, UPS and CNRS, LBME, F 31000 Toulouse, France
Hum Mol Genet 25:728-39. 2016The brain-specific miR-379/miR-410 gene cluster at the imprinted Dlk1-Dio3 domain is implicated in several aspects of brain development and function, particularly in fine-tuning the dendritic outgrowth and spine remodelling of hippocampal ..
- Novel DLK-independent neuronal regeneration in Caenorhabditis elegans shares links with activity-dependent ectopic outgrowthSamuel H Chung
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138 Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118 Boston University Photonics Center, Boston, MA 02215
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E2852-60. 2016..Here, we identify a novel form of neuronal regeneration, which is remarkably independent of DLK-1/DLK, KGB-1/JNK, and other MAPK signaling factors known to mediate regeneration in Caenorhabditis elegans, ..
- Erasure of DNA methylation, genomic imprints, and epimutations in a primordial germ-cell model derived from mouse pluripotent stem cellsNorikatsu Miyoshi
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Cancer Research, Charlestown, MA 02129
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:9545-50. 2016..PSCs harboring abnormal hypermethylation at ICRs of the Dlk1-Gtl2-Dio3 imprinting cluster diminished these 5meCs upon differentiation to PGCLCs, resulting in transcriptional ..
- Deletion of conserved sequences in IG-DMR at Dlk1-Gtl2 locus suggests their involvement in expression of paternally expressed genes in miceTakeshi Saito
Department of Systems Biomedicine, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Reprod Dev . 2016Expression regulation of the Dlk1-Dio3 imprinted domain by the intergenic differentially methylated region (IG-DMR) is essential for normal embryonic development in mammals...
- Protease Inhibitor Related Adipogenesis in HIV InfectionKrishna Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will delineate the molecular mechanisms that may be responsible for the adipogenic side effects induced by the PIs in the presence of HIV infection. ..
- Molecular Pathology in Polycystic Kidney DiseaseJing Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data led us to propose a model in which PC1 and PG2 form a mechanosensitive receptor channel complex and mediate fluid flow sensation in primary cilia of renal ..
- Phylogenetic Comparisons of Imprinted DomainsRandy Jirtle; Fiscal Year: 2007..parental repression of juxtapositioned genes by an intervening imprint center will be modeled by the IGF2/H19 and DLK1/MEG3 imprinted domains...
- The Role of Foxa2 in MetabolismMarkus Stoffel; Fiscal Year: 2006..Investigate the link between FOXA2 adipocyte expression and obesity/insulin resistance in humans and 4) contribute to our basic understanding of transcriptional pathways that are regulated by insulin. ..
- ADIPOCYTE TURNOVER AND METABOLISM IN HIV-1 LIPOATROPHYMarc Hellerstein; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted GenesCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>DLK1 exhibits many of the same structural and regulatory characteristics of the coordinately regulated IGF2 imprinted ..
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early lifeSusan Kay Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>DLK1 is elevated in the circulation of obese hu- mans, and both DLK1 and NNAT are involved in adipogenesis...
- Pref-1 function and regulation in adipogenesisHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2013..Elucidating the mechanisms of Pref-1 function and regulation will allow us to begin to develop strategies to control obesity. ..
- Eva E Redei; Fiscal Year: 2014..These genes include, the Delta-like (Dlk), type 3 deiodinase (Dio3), G-protein -subunit, Gs (Gnas) and its variants, necdin (Ndn), ubiquitin protein ligase ..
- Meifan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2015..regeneration because it is one of two mammalian homologues of the invertebrate dual leucine zipper-bearing kinase DLK-1/Wallenda required for the regenerative response in Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster...
- Elucidating adiposity in a mouse model of prenatal undernutritionELVIRA MARIE ISGANAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Prenatally undernourished F1 mice have significant reductions in adipose tissue expression of Pref1, an imprinted gene that is a critical negative regulator of adipogenesis...
- ELVIRA MARIE ISGANAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2015..Prenatally undernourished F1 mice have significant reductions in adipose tissue expression of Pref1, an imprinted gene that is a critical negative regulator of adipogenesis...
- Yishi Jin; Fiscal Year: 2016..goal of this renewal application is to define the mechanisms of RNA based regulation in the conserved neuronal DLK-1 kinase pathway. Taking genetic approaches in C...
- Donald J Zack; Fiscal Year: 2016..Through this work we have found that the dual leucine zipper kinase (DLK, MAP3K12)) is an attractive therapeutic target, and have shown that its inhibition both in vitro and in vivo ..
- David M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent work has demonstrated that the conserved DLK-1 signaling pathway is a critical regulator of regeneration...
- Aaron DiAntonio; Fiscal Year: 2016..identified that regulate synaptic development and that interact with highwire and its target the MAPKKK Wallenda/DLK. Powerful genetic techniques will be used to analyze these mutants to define molecular pathways controlled by this ..
- Robert Rohrbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2016..IMPORT) into the very earliest (PG1) stages of clinical residency training (in addition to continuing prior PG2 experiences), 2) to significantly broaden these early experiences through a novel integrated (PG3) clinical/..
- Catherine A Collins; Fiscal Year: 2016..The focus of this study is the role and mechanism of a conserved axonal kinase, named Wallenda (Wnd) in Drosophila, DLK in vertebrates...
- Aaron DiAntonio; Fiscal Year: 2016..We now demonstrate that the DLK pathway functions in the intrinsic neuronal pathway that promotes axonal degeneration following injury...
- Regulation of the DLK-1 pathway in axon regenerationDong Yan; Fiscal Year: 2012..My previous studies showed that regulation of cebp-1 mRNA stabilization and local protein translation by the DLK-1 pathway is required for successfully axon regeneration...
- PREF-1 FUNCTION IN ISLET GROWTH & DIFFERENTIATIONHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the applicant's abstract) Preadipocyte factor 1 (pref- 1) is a transmembrane protein that contains epidermal growth factor-like repeats. Pref- 1 can be cleaved to generate a soluble factor...
- NOVEL SAPK ACTIVATING KINASE IN RENAL EPITHELIAL STRESSLawrence Holzman; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have identified, cloned from embryonic kidney, and initially characterized the protein kinase called DLK. DLK is a MAP kinase kinase kinase of the mixed lineage kinase family (MLK) that may be activated by cellular ..
- ORGANIZATION OF APICAL CELL JUNCTIONS IN EYEKwang Wook Choi; Fiscal Year: 2005..A novel Dlt homolog, Dlt-like (Dlk), also directly binds Par6...
- Regulation of Cellular Senescence by MEG3 RNAYunli Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, another specific aim is to determine how MEGS activates p53. Whether MEG3 RNA activates p53 through repression of Mdm2 expression will be the focus of investigation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel adipocyte-specific enzymes in triacylglycerol metabolismHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ADSF/resistin function in adipocyte differentiationHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is important to elucidate the mechanisms of ADSF function in order to develop strategies for controlling adipogenesis as well as treating type 2 diabetes by modifying ADSF action. ..
- Clinical Phenotype of Imprinted Genes of Chromosome 14Vernon Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2005..This phenotype delineation will lay the foundation for understanding the effects and pathogenesis of imprinted genes on chromosome 14. ..
- HORMONAL AND NUTRITIONAL CONTROL OF ENZYME BIOSYNTHESISHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ENZYMES IN PHOSPHATIDIC ACID BIOSYNTHESISHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2002..She will also express this AGPAT in acyl-CoA. She will also determine the contribution of this AGPAT in the enrichment of long chain polyenoic acids at the sn-2 position of glycerophospholipids. ..
- CORNEAL LIPID METABOLISM AND RESPONSE TO INFLAMMATIONHaydee E P Bazan; Fiscal Year: 2010..If our hypothesis and its corollaries are correct, then PAF antagonists can become effective therapeutic tools for maintaining the transparency and integrity of the cornea. ..
- Role of hypoxia in the maintenance and homing of hematopoietic stem cellsZhong Yun; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, discoveries regarding the in vivo microenvironment for HSCs could lead to improved engraftment following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN CORNEAL WOUND HEALINGHaydee Bazan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge will allow us to characterize drugs that target selective steps of the signaling pathways. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of APP Processing by Par-4Qing Guo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Inhibition of Par-4 activity by enhancing AATF expression and/or manipulating Par-4/APP interaction may provide novel therapeutic implications for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- EXTRACEL MATRIX INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN PROSTATE CANCERLeland Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003....