Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DISC1
Description: disrupted in schizophrenia 1
Alias: C1orf136, SCZD9, disrupted in schizophrenia 1 protein
Publications151 found, 100 shown here
- Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 regulates neuronal progenitor proliferation via modulation of GSK3beta/beta-catenin signalingYingwei Mao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 136:1017-31. 2009The Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) gene is disrupted by a balanced chromosomal translocation (1; 11) (q42; q14.3) in a Scottish family with a high incidence of major depression, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder...
- Disruption of two novel genes by a translocation co-segregating with schizophreniaJ K Millar
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre and MRC Human Genetics Unit, both at Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Hum Mol Genet 9:1415-23. 2000..These genes have been provisionally named Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 and 2 ( DISC1 and DISC2 ). DISC1 encodes a large protein with no significant sequence homology to other known proteins...
- The DISC locus in psychiatric illnessJ E Chubb
Medical Genetics Section, The Centre for Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Psychiatry 13:36-64. 2008..and due to the high prevalence of schizophrenia in this family, they were named Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) and Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-2 (DISC2)...
- Variation in DISC1 affects hippocampal structure and function and increases risk for schizophreniaJoseph H Callicott
Genes, Cognition, and Psychosis Program, Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8627-32. 2005Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a promising schizophrenia candidate gene expressed predominantly within the hippocampus. We typed 12 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that covered the DISC1 gene...
- Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 Interactome: evidence for the close connectivity of risk genes and a potential synaptic basis for schizophreniaL M Camargo
Merck Research Labs, Merck and Co, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Psychiatry 12:74-86. 2007Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a schizophrenia risk gene associated with cognitive deficits in both schizophrenics and the normal ageing population...
- No significant association of 14 candidate genes with schizophrenia in a large European ancestry sample: implications for psychiatric geneticsAlan R Sanders
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, Evanston, IL 60201 3137, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:497-506. 2008The authors carried out a genetic association study of 14 schizophrenia candidate genes (RGS4, DISC1, DTNBP1, STX7, TAAR6, PPP3CC, NRG1, DRD2, HTR2A, DAOA, AKT1, CHRNA7, COMT, and ARVCF)...
- Schizophrenia and affective disorders--cosegregation with a translocation at chromosome 1q42 that directly disrupts brain-expressed genes: clinical and P300 findings in a familyD H Blackwood
University Department of Psychiatry, Royal Edinburgh Hospital and University of Edinburgh, Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 69:428-33. 2001..results of karyotypic, clinical, and ERP investigations of this family suggest that the recently described genes DISC1 and DISC2, which are directly disrupted by the breakpoint on chromosome 1, may have a role in the development of a ..
- Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) plays essential roles in mitochondria in collaboration with MitofilinYoung Un Park
Division of Molecular and Life Science, Department of Life Science, Biotechnology Research Center, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17785-90. 2010Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) has emerged as a schizophrenia-susceptibility gene affecting various neuronal functions...
- Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1): association with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar disorderColin A Hodgkinson
Section of Human Neurogenetics and Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Rockville, MD, USA
Am J Hum Genet 75:862-72. 2004..The Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) gene, on chromosome 1q42, was originally discovered and linked to schizophrenia in a Scottish kindred carrying a ..
- Haplotype transmission analysis provides evidence of association for DISC1 to schizophrenia and suggests sex-dependent effectsWilliam Hennah
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 12:3151-9. 2003..study we genotyped 28 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from 1q42 covering the three candidate genes TRAX, DISC1 and DISC2, using a study sample of 458 Finnish families ascertained for schizophrenia...
- DISC1 association, heterogeneity and interplay in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderW Hennah
Medical Genetics Section, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland
Mol Psychiatry 14:865-73. 2009Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) has been associated with risk of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression, autism and Asperger syndrome, but apart from in the original translocation family, true ..
- Association of DISC1/TRAX haplotypes with schizophrenia, reduced prefrontal gray matter, and impaired short- and long-term memoryTyrone D Cannon
Department of Psychology, 1285 Franz Hall, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1205-13. 2005..Chromosome 1q42 is among several genomic regions showing replicated evidence of linkage with schizophrenia, but the specific susceptibility mechanisms underlying this relationship remain to be identified...
- DISC1 and PDE4B are interacting genetic factors in schizophrenia that regulate cAMP signalingJ Kirsty Millar
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Science 310:1187-91. 2005The disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) gene is a candidate susceptibility factor for schizophrenia, but its mechanistic role in the disorder is unknown...
- Association of DISC1 with autism and Asperger syndromeH Kilpinen
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 13:187-96. 2008The DISC1 gene at 1q42 has generated considerable interest in various psychiatric diseases, since a balanced translocation interrupting the gene was found to cosegregate with schizophrenia and related mental illnesses in a large Scottish ..
- Impact of the DISC1 Ser704Cys polymorphism on risk for major depression, brain morphology and ERK signalingRyota Hashimoto
Osaka Hamamatsu Joint Research Center for Child Mental Development, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, D3, 2 2 Yamadaoka, 4 1 1 Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 15:3024-33. 2006Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1), identified in a pedigree with a familial psychosis with the chromosome translocation (1:11), is a putative susceptibility gene for psychoses such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- A haplotype within the DISC1 gene is associated with visual memory functions in families with a high density of schizophreniaW Hennah
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 10:1097-103. 2005..that specifically implicate the Translin-Associated Factor X (TRAX) and Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 and 2 (DISC1 and DISC2) genes in the genetic etiology of schizophrenia...
- Association of the SerCys DISC1 polymorphism with human hippocampal formation gray matter and function during memory encodingAnnabella Di Giorgio
Psychiatric Neuroscience Group, Section on Mental Disorders, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 28:2129-36. 2008..single nucleotide polymorphism leading to a serine-to-cysteine substitution at amino acid 704 (Ser(704)Cys) in the DISC1 protein sequence has been recently associated with schizophrenia and with specific hippocampal abnormalities...
- Differential expression of disrupted-in-schizophrenia (DISC1) in bipolar disorderKazuhisa Maeda
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:929-35. 2006The disruption of the disrupted-in-schizophrenia (DISC1) gene segregates with major mental illnesses in a Scottish family...
- DISC1 splice variants are upregulated in schizophrenia and associated with risk polymorphismsKenji Nakata
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1385, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15873-8. 2009Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) is a promising susceptibility gene for major mental illness, but the mechanism of the clinical association is unknown...
- Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 and Nudel form a neurodevelopmentally regulated protein complex: implications for schizophrenia and other major neurological disordersN J Brandon
Merck Sharp and Dohme, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2QR, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 25:42-55. 2004Disrupted In Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) was identified as a potential susceptibility gene for schizophrenia due to its disruption by a balanced t(1;11) (q42;q14) translocation, which has been shown to cosegregate with major psychiatric ..
- DISC1, PDE4B, and NDE1 at the centrosome and synapseNicholas J Bradshaw
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:1091-6. 2008Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a risk factor for schizophrenia and other major mental illnesses...
- DISC1 is associated with cortical thickness and neural efficiencyStefan Brauns
MGH MIT HMS Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129 2000, USA
Neuroimage 57:1591-600. 2011Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is known to play a major role during brain development and is a candidate gene for schizophrenia...
- Association between the TRAX/DISC locus and both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia in the Scottish populationP A Thomson
Medical Genetics Section, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Psychiatry 10:657-68, 616. 2005..disequilibrium in a representative sample of the Scottish population was undertaken across the 510 kb of TRAX and DISC1. SNPs representing each haplotype block were selected for case-control association studies of both schizophrenia ..
- A form of DISC1 enriched in nucleus: altered subcellular distribution in orbitofrontal cortex in psychosis and substance/alcohol abuseNaoya Sawamura
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1187-92. 2005Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) was identified as the sole gene whose ORF is truncated and cosegregates with major mental illnesses in a Scottish family...
- Common functional polymorphisms of DISC1 and cortical maturation in typically developing children and adolescentsA Raznahan
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Psychiatry 16:917-26. 2011Disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1), contains two common non-synonymous single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)--Leu607Phe and Ser704Cys--that modulate (i) facets of DISC1 molecular functioning important for cortical development, (ii) ..
- Molecular characterization of disrupted in schizophrenia-1 risk variant S704C reveals the formation of altered oligomeric assemblySaravanakumar Narayanan
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, and Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44266-76. 2011b>DISC1 (Disrupted in schizophrenia-1) plays essential roles in neuronal proliferation, neuronal migration and axon guidance and has been implicated in schizophrenia and related psychiatric disorders...
- The DISC locus and schizophrenia: evidence from an association study in a central European sample and from a meta-analysis across different European populationsJohannes Schumacher
Unit on the Genetic Basis of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 3719, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:2719-27. 2009..studies, as well as the initial translocation family study, identified the gene Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) as a risk factor for schizophrenia...
- Association between a disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) single nucleotide polymorphism and schizophrenia in a combined Scandinavian case-control samplePeter Saetre
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, HUBIN project, Karolinska Institutet and Hospital, R5 00, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Schizophr Res 106:237-41. 2008Disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1), located on chromosome 1q42.1, is linked to rare familial schizophrenia in a large Scottish family...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism fine mapping study of chromosome 1q42.1 reveals the vulnerability genes for schizophrenia, GNPAT and DISC1: Association with impairment of sustained attentionYu Li Liu
Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Biol Psychiatry 60:554-62. 2006..The marker D1S251 of chromosome 1q42.1 showed significant association with schizophrenia in a Taiwanese sample. We used single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) fine mapping to search for the vulnerability genes of schizophrenia...
- Chromosome 1 loci in Finnish schizophrenia familiesJ Ekelund
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 10:1611-7. 2001..for linkage in the combined study sample was obtained for marker D1S2709, which is an intragenic marker of the DISC1 gene, previously suggested as a susceptibility gene for schizophrenia...
- Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a multicompartmentalized protein that predominantly localizes to mitochondriaR James
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:112-22. 2004b>DISC1 is disrupted by a chromosomal translocation cosegregating with schizophrenia and recurrent major depression in a large Scottish family and has also been reported as a potential susceptibility locus in independent populations...
- Insolubility of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 disrupts oligomer-dependent interactions with nuclear distribution element 1 and is associated with sporadic mental diseaseS Rutger Leliveld
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurosci 28:3839-45. 2008Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) and other genes have been identified recently as potential molecular players in chronic psychiatric diseases such as affective disorders and schizophrenia...
- Expression of DISC1 binding partners is reduced in schizophrenia and associated with DISC1 SNPsBarbara K Lipska
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:1245-58. 2006b>DISC1 has been identified as a schizophrenia susceptibility gene based on linkage and SNP association studies and clinical data suggesting that risk SNPs impact on hippocampal structure and function...
- Oligomer assembly of the C-terminal DISC1 domain (640-854) is controlled by self-association motifs and disease-associated polymorphism S704CS Rutger Leliveld
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochemistry 48:7746-55. 2009Genetic studies have established a role of disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) in chronic mental diseases (CMD)...
- Association between genes of Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) interactors and schizophrenia supports the role of the DISC1 pathway in the etiology of major mental illnessesLiisa Tomppo
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland FIMM and National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Biol Psychiatry 65:1055-62. 2009Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is currently one of the most interesting candidate genes for major mental illness, having been demonstrated to associate with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, autism, and Asperger's ..
- Family-based association study of lithium-related and other candidate genes in bipolar disorderRoy H Perlis
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:53-61. 2008..Recent developments suggest that a broader pool of genes may be associated with this disorder...
- Recruitment of PCM1 to the centrosome by the cooperative action of DISC1 and BBS4: a candidate for psychiatric illnessesAtsushi Kamiya
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:996-1006. 2008..A role for the centrosome has been suggested in the pathology of major mental illnesses, especially schizophrenia (SZ)...
- Positive association of the Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 gene (DISC1) with schizophrenia in the Chinese Han populationMei Qu
Institute of Mental Health, Peking University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:266-70. 2007Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) is located on 1q42.1, one of the most promising susceptibility loci in schizophrenia linkage studies...
- Disc1 regulates granule cell migration in the developing hippocampusKate D Meyer
Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3286-97. 2009..of psychiatric disease, we investigated the function of a highly promising schizophrenia susceptibility gene, DISC1 (Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1), in the development of the hippocampus...
- DISC1 (Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1) is a centrosome-associated protein that interacts with MAP1A, MIPT3, ATF4/5 and NUDEL: regulation and loss of interaction with mutationJill A Morris
Department of Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:1591-608. 2003Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a novel gene associated with schizophrenia by multiple genetic studies...
- Genetic association and post-mortem brain mRNA analysis of DISC1 and related genes in schizophreniaAnjali Rastogi
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 114:39-49. 2009..from genetic linkage, genetic association and biological studies implicates the Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) gene in the etiology and pathophysiology of schizophrenia...
- Significant support for DAO as a schizophrenia susceptibility locus: examination of five genes putatively associated with schizophreniaLinda S Wood
Pharmacogenomics Molecular Profiling, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:1195-9. 2007..Within these regions, several genes have been identified via candidate gene association studies as strong schizophrenia susceptibility loci, including DAO, DAOA, DISC1, DTNBP1, and RGS4.
- The DISC1 Ser704Cys substitution affects centrosomal localization of its binding partner PCM1 in glia in human brainSharon L Eastwood
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:2487-96. 2010Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) has been genetically associated with schizophrenia, and with brain phenotypes including grey matter volume and working memory performance...
- Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1): subcellular targeting and induction of ring mitochondriaJ Kirsty Millar
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 30:477-84. 2005Several independent studies have identified Disrupted In Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) as a potential susceptibility factor in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and severe recurrent major depression...
- Yeast two-hybrid screens implicate DISC1 in brain development and functionJ Kirsty Millar
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU, Edinburgh, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:1019-25. 2003b>DISC1 is a candidate gene for involvement in the aetiology of major psychiatric illnesses including schizophrenia. We report here the results of DISC1 yeast two-hybrid screens using human foetal and adult brain libraries...
- DISC1 and DISC2: discovering and dissecting molecular mechanisms underlying psychiatric illnessJ Kirsty Millar
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Ann Med 36:367-78. 2004..The translocation breakpoint on chromosome 1 is located within the Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 and 2 genes (DISC1 and DISC2)...
- Association of distinct allelic haplotypes of DISC1 with psychotic and bipolar spectrum disorders and with underlying cognitive impairmentsOuti M Palo
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Insitute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 16:2517-28. 2007..Multiple lines of evidence emphasize the role of disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) gene in psychotic disorders such as SCZ...
- Genetic association between schizophrenia and the DISC1 gene in the Scottish populationFeng Zhang
Department of Mental Health, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:155-9. 2006Several lines of evidence support the involvement of the disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) gene in schizophrenia susceptibility, including its original identification in a schizophrenia family with a chromosome translocation, several ..
- Case-control association study of Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) gene and schizophrenia in the Chinese populationQing Ying Chen
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 319 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, PR China
J Psychiatr Res 41:428-34. 2007Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) has first been identified as a candidate gene for schizophrenia through study of a Scottish family with a balanced (1; 11) (q42.1; q14.3) translocation...
- A functional link between Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 and the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3Fumiaki Ogawa
Laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Information, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:771-6. 2005Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) was identified as a candidate gene for schizophrenia. DISC1 is disrupted by a balanced t(1;11)(q42.1;q14...
- Evolutionary constraints on the Disrupted in Schizophrenia locusMartin S Taylor
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Genomics 81:67-77. 2003..The order and orientation of EGLN1, TSNAX, and DISC1 genes are conserved between mammals and F. rubripes...
- Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC-1): mutant truncation prevents binding to NudE-like (NUDEL) and inhibits neurite outgrowthYuji Ozeki
Division of Neurobiology and Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:289-94. 2003..As schizophrenia is thought to reflect defects in cortical development that are determined by cytoskeletal protein activities, the cellular disturbances we observe with mutant DISC-1 may be relevant to psychopathologic mechanisms...
- A frameshift mutation in Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 in an American family with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorderN A Sachs
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:758-64. 2005..predicted to result in the loss of the C-terminal region of the protein product of Disrupted In SChizophrenia 1 (DISC1), a gene located on 1q42.1...
- Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1Walter J Muir
Division of Psychiatry, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Kennedy Tower, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Morningside Park, Edinburgh, Scotland EH10 5HF, United Kingdom
Curr Psychiatry Rep 10:140-7. 2008..Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) is now an important candidate risk gene for schizophrenia and affective disorders...
- Identification of high risk DISC1 structural variants with a 2% attributable risk for schizophreniaWenjia Song
Department of Molecular Genetics, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:700-6. 2008..In a large Scottish pedigree, a balanced translocation t(1;11) (q42.1;q14.3) disrupting the DISC1 and DISC2 genes segregates with major mental illness, including schizophrenia and unipolar depression...
- Association between genotype at an exonic SNP in DISC1 and normal cognitive agingP A Thomson
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Neurosci Lett 389:41-5. 2005b>DISC1 is expressed in the hippocampus and has been identified as a possible genetic risk factor for both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. These psychiatric illnesses are associated with impaired learning and memory...
- DISC1 and neurocognitive function in schizophreniaKatherine E Burdick
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York, USA
Neuroreport 16:1399-402. 2005We recently reported an association between DISC1 and schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar disorder. Convergent evidence suggests that DISC1 has a direct effect on central nervous system functioning...
- The DISC1 pathway modulates expression of neurodevelopmental, synaptogenic and sensory perception genesWilliam Hennah
Medical Genetics Section, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4906. 2009Genetic and biological evidence supports a role for DISC1 across a spectrum of major mental illnesses, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- The Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 Ser704Cys polymorphism and brain morphology in schizophreniaTsutomu Takahashi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Psychiatry Res 172:128-35. 2009The Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) polymorphism is a strong candidate for a schizophrenia-susceptibility gene as it is widely expressed in cortical and limbic regions, but the effect of its genotype variation on brain morphology in ..
- Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1, a candidate gene for schizophrenia, participates in neurite outgrowthK Miyoshi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Mol Psychiatry 8:685-94. 2003Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) was identified as a novel gene disrupted by a (1;11)(q42.1;q14.3) translocation that segregated with schizophrenia in a Scottish family...
- DISC1 mRNA expression is not influenced by common Cis-acting regulatory polymorphisms or imprintingJ B G Hayesmoore
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1065-9. 2008The hypothesis that genetic variation in Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) influences risk of schizophrenia and other major psychiatric disorders is supported by a growing body of genetic association data and plausible functional ..
- Evidence for statistical epistasis between catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) and polymorphisms in RGS4, G72 (DAOA), GRM3, and DISC1: influence on risk of schizophreniaKristin K Nicodemus
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Genet 120:889-906. 2007..SNPs in RGS4, G72, GRM3, and DISC1 showed evidence for significant statistical epistasis with COMT...
- Association study of polymorphisms between DISC1 and schizophrenia in a Korean populationHak Jae Kim
Kohwang Medical Research Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 430:60-3. 2008To further clarify schizophrenia (SCZ), disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a promising candidate gene expressed predominantly within the hippocampus...
- DISC1 localizes to the centrosome by binding to kendrinKo Miyoshi
Department of Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikatacho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:1195-9. 2004Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) was identified as a novel gene disrupted by a (1;11)(q42.1;q14.3) translocation that segregated with major mental disorders in a Scottish family...
- The genetics and biology of DISC1--an emerging role in psychosis and cognitionDavid J Porteous
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh
Biol Psychiatry 60:123-31. 2006In the developing field of biological psychiatry, DISC1 stands out by virtue of there being credible evidence, both genetic and biological, for a role in determining susceptibility to schizophrenia and related disorders...
- Association study of the DISC1/TRAX locus with schizophrenia in a Japanese populationXuan Zhang
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, 113 8655 Japan
Schizophr Res 79:175-80. 2005Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1), identified by cytogenetic approaches in a pedigree with familial psychosis, is considered a candidate susceptibility gene for schizophrenia in some populations...
- Association studies and gene expression analyses of the DISC1-interacting molecules, pericentrin 2 (PCNT2) and DISC1-binding zinc finger protein (DBZ), with schizophrenia and with bipolar disorderAyyappan Anitha
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:967-76. 2009Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) and its molecular cascade have been implicated in the pathophysiology of major psychoses...
- Inhibition of NUDEL (nuclear distribution element-like)-oligopeptidase activity by disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1Mirian A F Hayashi
Center for Applied Toxinology, Laboratories of Immunogenetics and Immunochemistry, Butantan Institute, and Laboratory of Neurosciences, Universidade Cidade de São Paulo, SP 05503 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3828-33. 2005..and schizophrenia through interactions with the lissencephaly gene 1 (Lis1) and disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) products, respectively...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of Disc1 expression in the developing and adult hippocampusKate D Meyer
Human Molecular Genetics Program, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 2300 Children s Plaza, P O Box 211, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:494-501. 2008In recent years, Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) has emerged as one of the most promising candidate genes whose disruption confers an increased risk for schizophrenia...
- DISC1-NDEL1/NUDEL protein interaction, an essential component for neurite outgrowth, is modulated by genetic variations of DISC1Atsushi Kamiya
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:3313-23. 2006Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) is a unique susceptibility gene for major mental conditions, because of the segregation of its genetic variant with hereditary psychosis in a Scottish pedigree...
- Families with the risk allele of DISC1 reveal a link between schizophrenia and another component of the same molecular pathway, NDE1William Hennah
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 16:453-62. 2007We have previously reported a robust association between an allelic haplotype of 'Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1' (DISC1) and schizophrenia in a nationwide collection of Finnish schizophrenia families...
- Chromosomal location and genomic structure of the human translin-associated factor X gene (TRAX; TSNAX) revealed by intergenic splicing to DISC1, a gene disrupted by a translocation segregating with schizophreniaJ K Millar
Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:69-77. 2000Two candidate genes, DISC1 and DISC2 on chromosome 1, are disrupted by a translocation that segregates with major psychiatric illness. Several DISC1 transcripts contain TRAX (HGMW-approved symbol TSNAX) sequence at the 5' end...
- Subcellular targeting of DISC1 is dependent on a domain independent from the Nudel binding siteN J Brandon
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Labs, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow, Essex CM20 2QR, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 28:613-24. 2005Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) has been identified as a putative risk factor for schizophrenia and affective disorders through study of a Scottish family with a balanced (1;11) (q42.1;q14...
- Schizophrenia susceptibility genes directly implicated in the life cycles of pathogens: cytomegalovirus, influenza, herpes simplex, rubella, and Toxoplasma gondiiC J Carter
176 Downs Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2DZ, UK
Schizophr Bull 35:1163-82. 2009..KPNA3 and RANBP5 control the nuclear import of the influenza virus. Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) controls the microtubule network that is used by viruses as a route to the nucleus, while DTNBP1, MUTED, and ..
- A threonine to isoleucine missense mutation in the pericentriolar material 1 gene is strongly associated with schizophreniaS R Datta
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Research Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:615-28. 2010..PCM1 protein has been shown to interact directly with the disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) protein, Bardet-Biedl syndrome 4, and Huntingtin-associated protein 1, and is important in neuronal cell growth...
- The genetics of bipolar disorderJ H Barnett
Center for Human Genetic Research, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuroscience 164:331-43. 2009..Several of these genes have been associated with the disorder in independent studies (including BDNF, DAOA, DISC1, GRIK4, SLC6A4, and TPH2), but none has been established...
- Molecular genetics of bipolar disorder and depressionTadafumi Kato
Laboratory for Molecular Dynamics of Mental Disorders, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:3-19. 2007..Several candidate genes for schizophrenia may also be associated with bipolar disorder: G72, DISC1, NRG1, RGS4, NCAM1, DAO, GRM3, GRM4, GRIN2B, MLC1, SYNGR1, and SLC12A6...
- Translin-associated factor X gene (TSNAX) may be associated with female major depressive disorder in the Japanese populationAkiko Okuda
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
Neuromolecular Med 12:78-85. 2010..investigations have reported that the translin-associated factor X gene (TSNAX)/disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 gene (DISC1) was associated with major psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (BP), and major ..
- Bioinformatic and experimental survey of 14-3-3-binding sitesCatherine Johnson
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD15EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 427:69-78. 2010..that 14-3-3 interacts with two residues that are phosphorylated by basophilic kinases and located in the DISC1 (disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1)-interacting region of Ndel1 that is implicated in cognitive disorders...
- FEZ1 dimerization and interaction with transcription regulatory proteins involves its coiled-coil regionEliana M Assmann
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, CP 6192, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brasil
J Biol Chem 281:9869-81. 2006..In previous studies FEZ1 has been found to interact with protein kinase Czeta, DISC1, the agnoprotein of the human polyomavirus JC virus, and E4B, a U-box-type ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase...
- Dual constraints on synapse formation and regression in schizophrenia: neuregulin, neuroligin, dysbindin, DISC1, MuSK and agrinMaxwell R Bennett A O
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, 100 Mallett Street, Camperdown, NSW 2006, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:662-77. 2008....
- eIF2B and oligodendrocyte survival: where nature and nurture meet in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia?Christopher J Carter
Schizophr Bull 33:1343-53. 2007..growth factors (BDNF, NRG1), and many of their downstream signaling components or accomplices (AKT1, DAO, DAOA, DISC1, DTNBP1, DPYSL2, IMPA2, NCAM1, NOS1, NOS1AP, PIK3C3, PIP5K2A, PDLIM5, RGS4, YWHAH)...
- Genetic mechanisms of psychosis: in vivo and postmortem genomicsDaniel R Weinberger
National Institutes of Health, Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Ther 27:S8-15. 2005..Characterizing genes--and translating their effects on brain development and function--has potential implications for improving the prevention and treatment of schizophrenia...
- HOXB13, a target of DNMT3B, is methylated at an upstream CpG island, and functions as a tumor suppressor in primary colorectal tumorsKalpana Ghoshal
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10338. 2010..The purpose of this study was to identify the targets of DNMT3B, an essential DNA methyltransferase in mammals, in colon cancer...
- Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 and neuregulin 1 are required for the specification of oligodendrocytes and neurones in the zebrafish brainJonathan D Wood
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Hum Mol Genet 18:391-404. 2009..due to alterations in the functions of candidate susceptibility genes such as Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) and Neuregulin 1 (NRG1)...
- DISC1 regulates the transport of the NUDEL/LIS1/14-3-3epsilon complex through kinesin-1Shinichiro Taya
Department of Cell Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai, Showa, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Neurosci 27:15-26. 2007Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a candidate gene for susceptibility to schizophrenia. DISC1 is reported to interact with NudE-like (NUDEL), which forms a complex with lissencephaly-1 (LIS1) and 14-3-3epsilon...
- A novel DISC1-interacting partner DISC1-Binding Zinc-finger protein: implication in the modulation of DISC1-dependent neurite outgrowthT Hattori
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Mol Psychiatry 12:398-407. 2007Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a gene disrupted by a (1;11) (q42.1;q14.3) translocation that segregates with major psychiatric disorders in a Scottish family...
- Molecular mechanism of schizophrenia with reference to disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1)Shinsuke Matsuzaki
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Neurochem Int 51:165-72. 2007Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a gene disrupted by a (1:1) (q42.1;q14.3) translocation that segregates with major psychiatric disorders in a Scottish family...
- Genetic and pharmacological evidence for schizophrenia-related Disc1 interaction with GSK-3Tatiana V Lipina
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Synapse 65:234-48. 2011Recent studies have identified disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) as a strong genetic risk factor associated with schizophrenia...
- Association analysis of ATF4 and ATF5, genes for interacting-proteins of DISC1, in bipolar disorderChihiro Kakiuchi
Laboratory for Molecular Dynamics of Mental Disorders, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Neurosci Lett 417:316-21. 2007Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) and its molecular cascade are implicated in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- The von Economo neurons in frontoinsular and anterior cingulate cortex in great apes and humansJohn M Allman
Division of Biology, 216 76, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Brain Struct Funct 214:495-517. 2010..We found that the protein encoded by the gene DISC1 (disrupted in schizophrenia) is preferentially expressed by the VENs...
- Disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1): a key susceptibility factor for major mental illnessesNaoya Sawamura
Consolidated Research Institute for Advanced Science and Medical Care ASMeW, Waseda University, 513 Wasedatsurumaki cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 0041, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1086:126-33. 2006Here we overview Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1), a promising lead in studying the pathophysiology of major mental conditions...
- Altered growth factor signaling pathways as the basis of aberrant stem cell maturation in schizophreniaHans O Kalkman
Novartis Pharma AG, Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research Basel, WSJ 386 11 40, Postfach, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Pharmacol Ther 121:115-22. 2009..evidence has accumulated that the activity of the signaling cascades of Neuregulin-1, Wnt, TGF-beta, BDNF-p75 and DISC1 is different between control subjects and patients with schizophrenia...
- Expression of fasciculation and elongation protein zeta-1 (FEZ1) in the developing rat brainAkiko Honda
Department of Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 122:89-92. 2004..Recently, we reported that FEZ1 interacts with Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1), a product of the candidate gene for schizophrenia, and that the interaction between these proteins has a role in ..
- Failure to confirm the association between the FEZ1 gene and schizophrenia in a Japanese populationMinori Koga
Department of Medical Genetics, Doctoral Program in Social and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Neurosci Lett 417:326-9. 2007Fasciculation and elongation of protein zeta-1 (FEZ1) is a binding partner of Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1)...
- Neurodevelopmental mechanisms of schizophrenia: understanding disturbed postnatal brain maturation through neuregulin-1-ErbB4 and DISC1Hanna Jaaro-Peled
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Trends Neurosci 32:485-95. 2009..Accumulating evidence suggests that neuregulin-1 (NRG1) and disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) are probably functionally convergent and play key roles in brain development...
- Recent advances in postmortem pathology and neurochemistry in schizophreniaBrian Dean
The Rebecca L Cooper Research Laboratories, The Mental Health Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:154-60. 2009..This is a review examining recent data from the study of the postmortem central nervous system (CNS) of patients with schizophrenia...
- Roles of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1-interacting protein girdin in postnatal development of the dentate gyrusAtsushi Enomoto
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Neuron 63:774-87. 2009Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1), a susceptibility gene for major psychiatric disorders, regulates neuronal migration and differentiation during mammalian brain development...
- Dissecting the role of one neuronal RhoGEF amongst many: the Kalirin-7 null mouseRichard E Mains; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, Kalirin interacts with DISC1 (a candidate schizophrenia gene) and HAP1 (a Huntingtin interactor)...
- Chemical Genomic Approaches to Neurobiology of DISC1Li Huei Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2010..The etiology of these disorders is completely unknown. Disrupted in Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) was identified as the gene that was disrupted on chromosome 1 in a Scottish family with a high concordance of ..
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert A Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2010..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P ..
- Role of cAMP and HCN channels in stress-induced prefrontal dysfunctionNAO GAMO; Fiscal Year: 2007..This mechanism may have particular relevance to schizophrenia, as a loss-of-function mutation in DISC1 (Disrupted In Schizophrenia) likely leads to a disinhibition of cAMP signaling in PFC in many patients with this ..
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2007..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P ..
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2009..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P ..
- DISC1 Pathway in Dendritogenesis: Implications for Dopamine Circuit and CognitionAtsushi Kamiya; Fiscal Year: 2010..One example is the case of Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1), which plays a role in various cellular processes in the developing cerebral cortex by mediating interaction with ..
- NMDA Reception Function in Lead NeurotoxicityTomas R Guilarte; Fiscal Year: 2010..Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a gene that was originally identified at the breakpoint of a balanced (1;11) translocation that co- segregates ..
- Nuclear pathway of DISC1 in major mental illnesses: biochemistry and cell biologyAkira Sawa; Fiscal Year: 2010Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) is one of the most promising common susceptibility factors for major mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and mood disorders...
- Elucidating the effect of Disc1 on neurodevelopment and synaptic transmissionJoseph A Gogos; Fiscal Year: 2010Recent genetic studies provide strong support for the gene Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) in mental illness...
- Elucidating the effect of Disc1 on neurodevelopment and synaptic transmissionJoseph Gogos; Fiscal Year: 2007Recent genetic studies provide strong support for the gene Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) in mental illness...
- Neuroscience Studies on Early Detection of SchizophreniaBeng Choon Ho; Fiscal Year: 2007..investigation of two candidate genes (brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1)) and their relationships with two quantitative phenotypes of schizophrenia (neurocognitive dysfunction and MRI ..
- Inducible expression of mutant DISC1: transgenic mouse modelMikhail Pletnikov; Fiscal Year: 2007The Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) gene is an example of a strong candidate gene for studying the pathogenesis of schizophrenia...
- Mutant DISC 1 and Abnormal Neurodevelopment in Mental IllnessMikhail V Pletnikov; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Disrupted-ln-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) gene is an example of a strong candidate gene for studying the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and associated ..
- Viral Pathogenesis of Neural and Behavior InjuryMikhail Pletnikov; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BORNA VIRUS ALTERS PERINATAL BEHAVIOR DEVELOPMENTMikhail Pletnikov; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mutant DISC 1 and Abnormal Neurodevelopment in Mental IllnessMikhail Pletnikov; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Disrupted-ln-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC1) gene is an example of a strong candidate gene for studying the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and associated ..
- BRAIN FUNCTION AND STRUCTURE IN TWINS WITH SCHIZOPHRENIATyrone Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroimaging Studies of Frontal Lobe Pathology in OCDPhilip Szeszko; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Working Memory and Social Functioning in SchizophreniaTyrone Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging in First-Episode SchizophreniaPhilip R Szeszko; Fiscal Year: 2010..The identification of these abnormalities at the first episode of illness may be useful for identifying indicators of vulnerability, which may lead to improved early identification of individuals at risk for schizophrenia. ..
- Neural Phenotypes for Schizophrenia and Bipolar DisorderTyrone D Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Neural Phenotypes for Schizophrenia and Bipolar DisorderTyrone Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2009....