Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DHRS9
Description: dehydrogenase/reductase 9
Alias: 3-alpha-HSD, 3ALPHA-HSD, RDH-E2, RDH-TBE, RDH15, RDHL, RDHTBE, RETSDR8, SDR9C4, dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 9, 3-alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, NADP-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase, dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 9, retinol dehydrogenase 15, retinol dehydrogenase homolog, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 9C member 4, short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase retSDR8, tracheobronchial epithelial cell-specific retinol dehydrogenase
- Chetyrkin S, Belyaeva O, Gough W, Kedishvili N. Characterization of a novel type of human microsomal 3alpha -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: unique tissue distribution and catalytic properties. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22278-86 pubmed..Thus, the new short chain dehydrogenase represents a novel type of microsomal NAD(+)-dependent 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase with unique catalytic properties and tissue distribution. ..
- Soref C, Di Y, Hayden L, Zhao Y, Satre M, Wu R. Characterization of a novel airway epithelial cell-specific short chain alcohol dehydrogenase/reductase gene whose expression is up-regulated by retinoids and is involved in the metabolism of retinol. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24194-202 pubmed..The results suggested that the novel gene represents a new member of the SDR family that may play a critical role in retinol metabolism in airway epithelia as well as in other epithelia of colon, tongue, and esophagus. ..
- Markova N, Pinkas Sarafova A, Karaman Jurukovska N, Jurukovski V, Simon M. Expression pattern and biochemical characteristics of a major epidermal retinol dehydrogenase. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;78:119-35 pubmed
- Jette C, Peterson P, Sandoval I, Manos E, Hadley E, Ireland C, et al. The tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and caudal related homeodomain protein regulate expression of retinol dehydrogenase L. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34397-405 pubmed..reduced expression of two retinoid biosynthesis genes: retinol dehydrogenase 5 (RDH5) and retinol dehydrogenase L (RDHL) in colon adenomas and carcinomas as compared with normal colon...
- Markova N, Pinkas Sarafova A, Simon M. A metabolic enzyme of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily may moonlight in the nucleus as a repressor of promoter activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:2019-31 pubmed..These findings add hRoDH-E2 to the small group of metabolic enzymes, which, by being recruited over promoter regions, could directly link the cytoplasmic and nuclear functions within the cell. ..
- Jones R, Dickerson S, Bhende P, Delecluse H, Kenney S. Epstein-Barr virus lytic infection induces retinoic acid-responsive genes through induction of a retinol-metabolizing enzyme, DHRS9. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8317-24 pubmed..that AGS gastric carcinoma cells containing the lytic form of EBV infection have enhanced expression of a gene (DHRS9) encoding an enzyme that mediates conversion of retinol into RA...
- Riquelme P, Amodio G, Macedo C, Moreau A, Obermajer N, Brochhausen C, et al. DHRS9 Is a Stable Marker of Human Regulatory Macrophages. Transplantation. 2017;101:2731-2738 pubmed publisher..In this brief report, dehydrogenase/reductase 9 (DHRS9) is identified as a robust marker of human Mregs...