Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DHRS9
Description: dehydrogenase/reductase 9
Alias: 3-alpha-HSD, 3ALPHA-HSD, RDH-E2, RDH-TBE, RDH15, RDHL, RDHTBE, RETSDR8, SDR9C4, dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 9, 3-alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, NADP-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase, dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 9, retinol dehydrogenase 15, retinol dehydrogenase homolog, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 9C member 4, short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase retSDR8, tracheobronchial epithelial cell-specific retinol dehydrogenase
- Gölz L, Buerfent B, Hofmann A, Rühl H, Fricker N, Stamminger W, et al. Genome-wide transcriptome induced by nickel in human monocytes. Acta Biomater. 2016;43:369-382 pubmed publisher..identified new candidates implicated in Ni(2+)-elicited processes (various microRNAs?, INSIG1?, NAMPT?, MS4A6A?, DHRS9?)...
- Ponzio G, Rezzonico R, Bourget I, Allan R, Nottet N, Popa A, et al. A new long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) is induced in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and down-regulates several anticancer and cell differentiation genes in mouse. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12483-12495 pubmed publisher..of anticancer genes such as Cgref1, Brsk1, Basp1, Dusp5, Btg2, Anpep, Dhrs9, Stfa2, Tpm1, SerpinB2, Cpa4, Crct1, Cryab, Il24, Csf2,..
- GÃ¶lz L, Buerfent B, Hofmann A, HÃ¼bner M, RÃ¼hl H, Fricker N, et al. Genome-wide transcriptome induced by Porphyromonas gingivalis LPS supports the notion of host-derived periodontal destruction and its association with systemic diseases. Innate Immun. 2016;22:72-84 pubmed publisher..were identified (CCL23â†‘, INDOâ†‘, GBP 1/4â†‘, CFBâ†‘, ISG20â†‘, MIR155HGâ†‘, DHRS9â†“)...
- Garcia Garcia A, Martinez Hervas S, Real J, Marin Garcia P, De Marco G, Priego A, et al. Gene expression profile following an oral unsaturated fat load in abdominal obese subjects. Eur J Nutr. 2018;: pubmed publisher..We found beneficial metabolic postprandial gene expression in three genes: FKBP5, DDIT4 and DHRS9. Following an OFLT, the postprandial mRNA expression of FKBP5, and DDIT4 was downregulated while that of DHRS9 was ..
- Haeseleer F, Palczewski K. Short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases in retina. Methods Enzymol. 2000;316:372-83 pubmed
- Hu L, Chen H, Han T, Yang G, Feng D, Qi C, et al. Downregulation of DHRS9 expression in colorectal cancer tissues and its prognostic significance. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:837-45 pubmed publisherDehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 9 (DHRS9) is aberrantly expressed in colorectal cancer (CRC), but its prognostic value is unknown. The aim of the work was to investigate the prognostic significance of DHRS9 expression in CRC...
- Kuznetsova E, Zinovieva O, Oparina N, Prokofjeva M, Spirin P, Favorskaya I, et al. [Abnormal expression of genes that regulate retinoid metabolism and signaling in non-small-cell lung cancer]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2016;50:255-65 pubmed publisher..Even at early stages of malignant transformation, a significant decrease in ADH1B, ADH3, RDHL, and RALDH1 mRNA levels was observed in 82, 79, 73, and 64% of tumor specimens, respectively, and a considerable ..
- Chetyrkin S, Belyaeva O, Gough W, Kedishvili N. Characterization of a novel type of human microsomal 3alpha -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: unique tissue distribution and catalytic properties. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22278-86 pubmed..Thus, the new short chain dehydrogenase represents a novel type of microsomal NAD(+)-dependent 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase with unique catalytic properties and tissue distribution. ..
- Soref C, Di Y, Hayden L, Zhao Y, Satre M, Wu R. Characterization of a novel airway epithelial cell-specific short chain alcohol dehydrogenase/reductase gene whose expression is up-regulated by retinoids and is involved in the metabolism of retinol. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24194-202 pubmed..The results suggested that the novel gene represents a new member of the SDR family that may play a critical role in retinol metabolism in airway epithelia as well as in other epithelia of colon, tongue, and esophagus. ..
- Markova N, Pinkas Sarafova A, Karaman Jurukovska N, Jurukovski V, Simon M. Expression pattern and biochemical characteristics of a major epidermal retinol dehydrogenase. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;78:119-35 pubmed
- Jette C, Peterson P, Sandoval I, Manos E, Hadley E, Ireland C, et al. The tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and caudal related homeodomain protein regulate expression of retinol dehydrogenase L. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34397-405 pubmed..reduced expression of two retinoid biosynthesis genes: retinol dehydrogenase 5 (RDH5) and retinol dehydrogenase L (RDHL) in colon adenomas and carcinomas as compared with normal colon...
- Markova N, Pinkas Sarafova A, Simon M. A metabolic enzyme of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily may moonlight in the nucleus as a repressor of promoter activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:2019-31 pubmed..These findings add hRoDH-E2 to the small group of metabolic enzymes, which, by being recruited over promoter regions, could directly link the cytoplasmic and nuclear functions within the cell. ..
- Jones R, Dickerson S, Bhende P, Delecluse H, Kenney S. Epstein-Barr virus lytic infection induces retinoic acid-responsive genes through induction of a retinol-metabolizing enzyme, DHRS9. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8317-24 pubmed..that AGS gastric carcinoma cells containing the lytic form of EBV infection have enhanced expression of a gene (DHRS9) encoding an enzyme that mediates conversion of retinol into RA...
- Riquelme P, Amodio G, Macedo C, Moreau A, Obermajer N, Brochhausen C, et al. DHRS9 Is a Stable Marker of Human Regulatory Macrophages. Transplantation. 2017;101:2731-2738 pubmed publisher..In this brief report, dehydrogenase/reductase 9 (DHRS9) is identified as a robust marker of human Mregs...