Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DHRS4
Description: dehydrogenase/reductase 4
Alias: NRDR, PHCR, PSCD, SCAD-SRL, SDR-SRL, SDR25C1, SDR25C2, dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 4, NADPH-dependent carbonyl reductase/NADP-retinol dehydrogenase, NADPH-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase, dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 4 like 2A, peroxisomal short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 25C member 2, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 25C, member 1, short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase family member 4
- Hara A, Endo S, Matsunaga T, El Kabbani O, Miura T, Nishinaka T, et al. Human carbonyl reductase 1 participating in intestinal first-pass drug metabolism is inhibited by fatty acids and acyl-CoAs. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:185-192 pubmed publisher..and showed high inhibitory selectivity to CBR1 over its isozyme CBR3 and other SDR superfamily enzymes (DCXR and DHRS4) with CBR activity...
- Castro Cerritos K, Lopez Torres A, Obregón Herrera A, Wrobel K, Wrobel K, Pedraza Reyes M. LC-MS/MS proteomic analysis of starved Bacillus subtilis cells overexpressing ribonucleotide reductase (nrdEF): implications in stress-associated mutagenesis. Curr Genet. 2018;64:215-222 pubmed publisher..LC-MS/MS proteomic analysis was performed in non-dividing cells of an amino acid-starved strain, deficient for NrdR, the RNR repressor...
- Castro Cerritos K, Yasbin R, Robleto E, Pedraza Reyes M. Role of Ribonucleotide Reductase in Bacillus subtilis Stress-Associated Mutagenesis. J Bacteriol. 2017;199: pubmed publisher..Moreover, genetic inactivation of ytcG, predicted to encode a repressor (NrdR) of nrdEF in this strain, dramatically increased the expression levels of a transcriptional nrdE-lacZ fusion...
- Hillion M, Bernhardt J, Busche T, Rossius M, Maaß S, Becher D, et al. Monitoring global protein thiol-oxidation and protein S-mycothiolation in Mycobacterium smegmatis under hypochlorite stress. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1195 pubmed publisher..1%). The RseA and RshA anti-sigma factors and the Zur and NrdR repressors were identified as NaOCl-sensitive proteins and their oxidation resulted in an up-regulation of the SigH,..
- Yang Y, Su Z, Song X, Liang B, Zeng F, Chang X, et al. Enhancer RNA-driven looping enhances the transcription of the long noncoding RNA DHRS4-AS1, a controller of the DHRS4 gene cluster. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20961 pubmed publisherThe human DHRS4 gene cluster consists of DHRS4 and two immediately downstream homologous genes, DHRS4L2 and DHRS4L1, generated by evolutionarily gene-duplication events...
- Li Q, Su Z, Xu X, Liu G, Song X, Wang R, et al. AS1DHRS4, a head-to-head natural antisense transcript, silences the DHRS4 gene cluster in cis and trans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14110-5 pubmed publisher..Evidence for NAT-mediated epigenetic silencing of sense transcription remains scanty. The DHRS4 gene encodes a metabolic enzyme and forms a gene cluster with its two immediately downstream homologous genes, ..
- Pearce L, Huang X, Boudeau J, Pawłowski R, Wullschleger S, Deak M, et al. Identification of Protor as a novel Rictor-binding component of mTOR complex-2. Biochem J. 2007;405:513-22 pubmed..Protor-1 is a novel Rictor-binding subunit of mTORC2, but further work is required to establish its role. ..
- Su Z, Liu G, Song X, Liang B, Chang X, Huang D. CpG island evolution in the mammalian DHRS4 gene cluster and its role in the regulation of gene transcription. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisherThe dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 4 (DHRS4) gene is copied during mammalian evolution; therefore, while only one DHRS4 gene is expressed in the mouse genome, the gene cluster consists of two (DHRS4 and DHRS4L1) and three (..
- Matsunaga T, Arakaki M, Kamiya T, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. Involvement of an aldo-keto reductase (AKR1C3) in redox cycling of 9,10-phenanthrenequinone leading to apoptosis in human endothelial cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:52-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AKR1C3 is a key enzyme in the initial step of 9,10-PQ-induced cytotoxicity in HAECs. ..
- Fransen M, Van Veldhoven P, Subramani S. Identification of peroxisomal proteins by using M13 phage protein VI phage display: molecular evidence that mammalian peroxisomes contain a 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase. Biochem J. 1999;340 ( Pt 2):561-8 pubmed
- Du J, Huang D, Liu G, WANG G, Xu X, Wang B, et al. CDNA cloning of a short isoform of human liver NADP (H) -dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase and analysis of its characteristics. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2004;31:661-7 pubmedIn this report we found a new short PCR product when we amplified a 635 bp of NRDR fragment by RT-PCR...
- Kisiela M, Faust A, Ebert B, Maser E, Scheidig A. Crystal structure and catalytic characterization of the dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 4 (DHRS4) from Caenorhabditis elegans. FEBS J. 2017;: pubmed publisherThe human dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 4 (DHRS4) is a tetrameric protein that is involved in the metabolism of several aromatic carbonyl compounds, steroids and bile acids...
- Yan Y, Song X, Liu G, Su Z, Du Y, Sui X, et al. Human NRDRB1, an alternatively spliced isoform of NADP(H)-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase enhanced enzymatic activity of benzil. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:1371-82 pubmed publisher..NRDRB1, a 226 amino acid alternatively spliced isoform of the NADP(H)- dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase (NRDR), lacks the complete coding region of exon 3, but preserves all the important functional motifs for NRDR catalytic ..
- Su Z, Li R, Song X, Liu G, Li Y, Chang X, et al. Identification of a novel isoform of DHRS4 protein with a nuclear localization signal. Gene. 2012;494:161-7 pubmed publisherThe DHRS4 gene encodes an NADP(H)-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase (NRDR) and plays an important role in regulating the synthesis of retinoic acid...
- Su Z, Zhang Q, Liu G, Song X, Li Q, Wang R, et al. Bioinformatic analysis of the human DHRS4 gene cluster and a proposed mechanism for its transcriptional regulation. BMC Mol Biol. 2010;11:43 pubmed publisherThe human DHRS4 gene cluster consists of three genes, DHRS4, DHRS4L2 and DHRS4L1. Among them, DHRS4 encodes NADP(H)-dependent retinol dehydrogenase/reductase...