Gene Symbol: DEFB119
Description: defensin beta 119
Alias: DEFB-19, DEFB-20, DEFB120, DEFB20, ESC42-RELA, ESC42-RELB, beta-defensin 119, defensin, beta 120, defensin, beta 19, defensin, beta 20
- Production and characterization of recombinant human beta-defensin DEFB120Haiyan Liu
The MOE Key Laboratory of Spectrochemical Analysis and Instrumentation, Key Laboratory for Chemical Biology of Fujian Province, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen, 361005, China School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjia Road, Nanjing, 210009, China
J Pept Sci 20:251-7. 2014..In the present work, we successfully expressed and purified a novel human beta-defensin, DEFB120, using the IMPACT-TWIN system in Escherichia coli and identified the purified homogeneous proteins using MALDI-..
- Human beta-defensinsM Pazgier
Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1294-313. 2006..In this review, we present some recent advances in the studies of human beta-defensins, with an emphasis on possible correlations between their structural and functional properties...
- Current status of defensins and their role in innate and adaptive immunityPeriathamby Antony Raj
Division of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 206:9-18. 2002....
- Defensins of vertebrate animalsRobert I Lehrer
Department of Medicine Room CHS 37 062, and Molecular Biology Institute University of California at Los Angeles UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 14:96-102. 2002..There is now convincing evidence that defensins augment adaptive immune responses...
- Testis-specific expression of a novel mouse defensin-like gene, TdlMiwako Yamamoto
Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Japan
Mech Dev 116:217-21. 2002..5dpc when the sexual differentiation of gonads is initiated. Tdl is specifically expressed in gonads among adult tissues, and its expression persisted in Sertoli cells...
- Identification, characterization, and evolution of a primate beta-defensin gene clusterY Radhakrishnan
Department of Pediatrics, Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7500, USA
Genes Immun 6:203-10. 2005..Here we report the characterization of DEFB119-DEFB123, five genes in the human beta-defensin cluster locus on chromosome 20q11.1...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN TEAR LIPOPHILINRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long-term objectives for this research are to learn how lipophilin contributes to corneal and conjuctival health, and to explore its potential for creating new diagnostic and therapeutic modalities. ..
- ALTRUINS, NATURAL ANTIBIOTICS OF THE MALE GENITAL TRACTRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2001..S. are sexually transmitted. According to CDC estimates, STDs other than AIDS add 10 billion dollars to the nation's annual health care I costs. The proposed studies could lead to novel approaches for STD prophylaxis. ..
- DEFENSINS--ANTIMICROBIAL PEPTIDES OF HUMAN NEUTROPHILSRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The work with murine neutrophils, whose content of endogenous antimicrobial polypeptides differs greatly from those of humans, will provide essential information relevant to the interpretation of murine models of human infection. ..
- ALPHA HELICAL CATHELICIDINS AND HOST DEFENSERobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments will expand our knowledge about these important peptides, and should provide the information needed to develop them as antibiotics for topical bronchopulmonary use in cystic fibrosis. ..
- Biacore 3000 SPR InstrumentRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2004..These include the development of new agents and approaches to prevent and treat infections caused by HIV-1 and other viral pathogens, and fundamental issues related to cell targeting and survival. ..
- Theta-defensins Novel HIV-1 Uptake InhibitorsRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2 will be realized by a combination of microchemical techniques, including surface plasmon resonance, tandem mass spectrometry, and state-of-the-art lectinomic and peptidomic chemistry. ..
- Retrocyclin reinforcement of pulmonary defenses against viral aerosolsRobert Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Retrocyclins: Cyclic mini-defensins that inactivate anthrax toxinsROBERT IRVING contact LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2010..anthracis spores in mouse models as per the revised Specific Aims. All remaining Aims can be addressed in a two-year time period. PHS ..