Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DCT
Description: dopachrome tautomerase
Alias: TRP-2, TYRP2, L-dopachrome tautomerase, L-dopachrome Delta-isomerase, L-dopachrome isomerase, TRP2, dopachrome delta-isomerase, dopachrome tautomerase (dopachrome delta-isomerase, tyrosine-related protein 2), tyrosinase related protein-2, tyrosine-related protein 2
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Interaction of major coat color gene functions in mice as studied by chemical analysis of eumelanin and pheomelaninM L Lamoreux
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, USA
Pigment Cell Res 14:23-31. 2001..e., the albino (C) locus that encodes tyrosinase, the slaty (Slt) locus that encodes tyrosinase-related protein 2 (TRP2 also known as dopachrome tautomerase, DCT), the brown (B) locus that encodes TRP1, the silver (Si) locus that ..
- Chromosomal structure of the human TYRP1 and TYRP2 loci and comparison of the tyrosinase-related protein gene familyR A Sturm
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Australia
Genomics 29:24-34. 1995The structures of the human tyrosinase-related protein genes TYRP1 and TYRP2 have been determined and compared with that of the tyrosinase gene (TYR). The TYRP1 protein is encoded in 7 exons spread over 24 kb of genomic DNA...
- Identification of TRP-2 as a human tumor antigen recognized by cytotoxic T lymphocytesR F Wang
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Exp Med 184:2207-16. 1996..Like other melamona differentiation antigens, TRP-2 was only expressed in melanoma, melanocytes, and retina, but not in other human tissues tested...
- Complex signatures of selection for the melanogenic loci TYR, TYRP1 and DCT in humansSantos Alonso
Dept, Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, University of the Basque Country, Barrio Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Bizkaia, Spain
BMC Evol Biol 8:74. 2008....
- A second tyrosinase-related protein, TRP-2, maps to and is mutated at the mouse slaty locusI J Jackson
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
EMBO J 11:527-35. 1992..Extracts from mice homozygous for the slaty mutation have a 3-fold or more reduction in DT activity, indicating that TRP-2/DT is encoded at the slaty locus, and the missense mutation reduces but does not abolish the enzyme activity...
- Molecular cloning and functional analysis of a cDNA coding for human DOPAchrome tautomerase/tyrosinase-related protein-2K Yokoyama
Department of Applied Physiology and Molecular Biology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Miyagi, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1217:317-21. 1994..Human TRP-2/DOPAchrome tautomerase is composed of 519 amino acids with a molecular weight of 59,000 and has about 84% identity with the mouse counterpart...
- Molecular characterization of a human tyrosinase-related-protein-2 cDNA. Patterns of expression in melanocytic cellsB Bouchard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Service Dermatologie, Paris, France
Eur J Biochem 219:127-34. 1994..b>TYRP2 has been mapped to the chromosomal region 13q32, thus extending a region of synteny with mouse-chromosome 14.
- Complement activation in Ghanaian children with severe Plasmodium falciparum malariaGideon K Helegbe
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, SMHS, UDS, Tamale, Ghana
Malar J 6:165. 2007..Complement factors have been implicated in the mechanism leading to excess anaemia in acute P. falciparum infection...
- Iron absorption and transportM E Conrad
USA Cancer Center, University of South Alabama, Mobile 36688, USA
Am J Med Sci 318:213-29. 1999..These are the mobilferrin-integrin pathway, the divalent cation transporter 1 (DCT-1) [or natural resistance-associated macrophage protein (Nramp2)] pathway, and a separate pathway for uptake of ..
- Regulation of tyrosinase processing and trafficking by organellar pH and by proteasome activityHidenori Watabe
Laboratory of Cell Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7971-81. 2004..Tyrosinase (TYR) is absolutely required for melanogenesis, but other melanosomal proteins, such as TYRP1, DCT, and gp100, also play important roles in regulating mammalian pigmentation...
- Voltammetric determination of isoxsuprine and fenoterol in dosage forms and biological fluids through nitrosationF Belal
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 23:1005-15. 2000..The voltammetric behavior was studied adopting Direct Current (DCt), Differential Pulse (DPP) and Alternating Current (ACt) polarography...
- [Defects of adrenal steroidogenesis in patients with hirsutism]I Salinas Vert
Servicio de Endocrinologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona,
Med Clin (Barc) 110:171-6. 1998..17-OH-P5), 17-OH-progesterone (17-OH-P4), androstenedione (AN), cortisol (CT), 11-deoxycortisol (DCT), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulphate (DHEAS), total (TT) and free (FT) testosterone, oestradiol (E2), ..
- Deoxycholic acid conjugates are muscarinic cholinergic receptor antagonistsJean Pierre Raufman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Ark 72205 7199, USA
Pharmacology 65:215-21. 2002..8, 30.3 and 37.1% inhibition of (3)H-NMS binding with DC and its glycine (DCG) and taurine (DCT) conjugates, respectively (all 100 micromol/l, p < 0.01)...
- Progressive patterns of degenerative arthritis in scaphoid nonunion demonstrated by three-dimensional computed tomographyY Hidaka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
J Hand Surg Br 23:765-70. 1998..was studied in 28 patients (29 wrists) using X-ray computed tomography and three-dimensional computed tomography (3-DCT). Degenerative changes were observed in 18 wrists with plain radiography and 27 wrists with 3-DCT...
- Site and mechanism of action of trichlormethiazide in rabbit distal nephron segments perfused in vitroT Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Invest 82:721-30. 1988..effects of 10(-4) M trichlormethiazide (TCM) on NaCl transport were examined in the distal convoluted tubule (DCT), the connecting tubule (CNT) and the cortical collecting duct (CCD) of rabbit kidney by the in vitro ..
- TRAP transporters: a new family of periplasmic solute transport systems encoded by the dctPQM genes of Rhodobacter capsulatus and by homologs in diverse gram-negative bacteriaJ A Forward
Krebs Institute, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 179:5482-93. 1997The dct locus of Rhodobacter capsulatus encodes a high-affinity transport system for the C4-dicarboxylates malate, succinate, and fumarate...
- Identification and sequence analysis of the Rhizobium meliloti dctA gene encoding the C4-dicarboxylate carrierT Engelke
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Federal Republic of Germany
J Bacteriol 171:5551-60. 1989..These mutants were mutated in regulatory dct genes which do not play an essential role in the symbiotic state...
- Effect of thiazide on renal gene expression of apical calcium channels and calbindinsChien Te Lee
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F1164-70. 2004Thiazide diuretics are specific inhibitors of the Na-Cl cotransporter in the distal convoluted tubule (DCT). In addition to producing diuresis and natriuresis, they have a hypocalciuric effect...
- Comparison of computer and non-computer-assisted technologies in noninvasive cardiac imagingS Norris
Department of Medicine, LAC/USC Medical Center 90033
Am J Hypertens 1:96S-99S. 1988We compared gated magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and dynamic computed tomography (DCT) with two-dimensional cardiac ultrasound (ECHO) to assess differences in diagnostic information...
- Tumor lesion detection: when is integrated positron emission tomography/computed tomography more accurate than side-by-side interpretation of positron emission tomography and computed tomography?Ur Metser
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:554-9. 2005To determine if there is added value to oncology studies performed with a dedicated in-line positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) scanner as compared with PET read side by side with diagnostic CT (DCT).
- A 360 degrees evaluation of a night-float system for general surgery: a response to mandated work-hours reductionMichael J Goldstein
Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Campus, New York, New York 10032, USA
Curr Surg 61:445-51. 2004..In addition to a change in the call system, we added physician assistants to aid in performing some service tasks. We performed a 360 degrees evaluation of this work in progress...
- Efficacy of blanket treatment of cows and heifers with an internal teat sealant in reducing the risk of mastitis in dairy cattle calving on pastureR A Laven
Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 56:171-5. 2008....
- Intraocular pressure measurement precision with the Goldmann applanation, dynamic contour, and ocular response analyzer tonometersAachal Kotecha
Glaucoma Research Unit, The National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre for Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 117:730-7. 2010..IOP) measurements obtained with the Goldmann applanation tonometer (GAT), the Pascal dynamic contour tonometer (DCT; Swiss Microtechnology AG, Port, Switzerland), and the Reichert Ocular Response Analyzer (ORA; Reichert Ophthalmic ..
- A randomised, non-inferiority trial of a new cephalonium dry-cow therapyS McDougall
Animal Health Centre, PO Box 21, Morrinsville 3340, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 58:45-58. 2010To test the non-inferiority of a novel cephalonium formulation of antibiotic dry-cow therapy (DCT) to a reference formulation, infused at the end of lactation, for cure of existing and prevention of new intramammary infections (IMI).
- Mechanism of the incidental production of a melanin-like pigment during 6-demethylchlortetracycline production in Streptomyces aureofaciensT Nakano
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Machida, Tokyo 194 8533, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:1400-4. 2000The secondary metabolite 6-demethylchlortetracycline (6-DCT), which is produced by Streptomyces aureofaciens, is used as a precursor of semisynthetic tetracyclines. Strains that produce 6-DCT also produce a melanin-like pigment (MP)...
- Influence of the genotype of Staphylococcus aureus, determined by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, on dry-period elimination of subclinical mastitis in Canadian dairy herdsRandy T Dingwell
Department of Health Management, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown
Can J Vet Res 70:115-20. 2006..and cow data from a field study evaluating the efficacy in such infections of a new intramammary dry-cow therapy (DCT) containing tilmicosin phosphate, in comparison with a commercially available DCT containing benzathine cloxacillin...
- Acute hypertension provokes acute trafficking of distal tubule Na-Cl cotransporter (NCC) to subapical cytoplasmic vesiclesDonna H Lee
Dept of Cell and Neurobiology, Univ of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1333 San Pablo St, BMT 403, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F810-8. 2009..trafficking contributes to pressure diuresis by decreasing APM NCC or compensates for increased volume flow to the DCT by increasing APM NCC...
- ANG II provokes acute trafficking of distal tubule Na+-Cl(-) cotransporter to apical membraneMonica B Sandberg
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F662-9. 2007The distal convoluted tubule (DCT) Na+-Cl(-) cotransporter (NCC), the target of thiazide diuretics, is responsible for the reabsorption of 5-10% of filtered NaCl...
- Loop disorders: insights derived from defined genotypesNikola Jeck
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Deutschland
Nephron Physiol 118:p7-14. 2011..barttin mutations, this double knockout of transepithelial salt transport in TAL and in distal convoluted tubule (DCT) leads to a severe loop disorder with deafness...
- The clinical pharmacokinetics of escitalopramNiranjan Rao
Kyowa Pharmaceutical, Inc, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:281-90. 2007..Unmetabolised escitalopram is the major compound in plasma. S-demethylcitalopram (S-DCT), the principal metabolite, is present at approximately one-third the level of escitalopram; however, S-DCT is a ..
- Quantitative morphology of renal cortical structures during compensatory hypertrophyW Pfaller
Institute of Physiology, University of Innsbruck, Austria Walter
Exp Nephrol 6:308-19. 1998..by significant increments in the volumes of proximal convoluted tubule (PCT, 55%), distal convoluted tubule (DCT, 114%), and cortical collecting duct (CCD, 106%) segments on day 10...
- The distal convoluted tubule of rabbit kidney does not express a functional sodium channelH Velazquez
Renal Research, Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, Research Office 151, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F530-9. 2001We sought to assess whether the distal convoluted tubule (DCT) segment of the rabbit nephron expresses a functional epithelial sodium channel. First, the transepithelial voltage (V(te), lumen vs...
- An evaluation of the potential for pharmacokinetic interaction between escitalopram and the cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitor ritonavirMarcelo M Gutierrez
Forest Laboratories, Inc, New York, New York, USA
Clin Ther 25:1200-10. 2003..substrate and prototype CYP3A4 inhibitor), ritonavir may potentially affect plasma concentrations of escitalopram, as CYP3A4 is partially responsible for conversion of escitalopram to its major metabolite, S-demethylcitalopram (S-DCT).
- Dynamic contour tonometry in keratoconus and postkeratoplasty eyesAlexander Meyenberg
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Cornea 27:305-10. 2008To compare the performance of dynamic contour tonometry (DCT) and Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) in measuring intraocular pressure in eyes with irregular corneas.
- The slaty mutation affects eumelanin and pheomelanin synthesis in mouse melanocytesTomohisa Hirobe
Radiation Hazards Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Eur J Cell Biol 85:537-49. 2006The slaty (Dct(slt)) mutation is known to reduce the activity of dopachrome tautomerase (DCT) in melanocytes...
- Stochastic modeling to determine the economic effects of blanket, selective, and no dry cow therapyK Huijps
Business Economics, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
J Dairy Sci 90:1225-34. 2007In many countries, blanket dry cow therapy (DCT) is the standard way to dry off cows. Because of concerns about antibiotic resistance, selective DCT is proposed as an alternative...
- Excess tyrosine stimulates eumelanin and pheomelanin synthesis in cultured slaty melanocytes from neonatal mouse epidermisTomohisa Hirobe
Radiation Effect Mechanism Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
Zoolog Sci 24:209-17. 2007The mouse slaty (Dct(slt)) mutation is known to reduce the activity of dopachrome tautomerase (DCT). The reduced DCT activity inhibits melanosome maturation and reduces the melanin content in the skin, hair and eyes...
- Characterization of an rpoN mutant of Mesorhizobium ciceriU S Gautam
National Research Center on Plant Biotechnology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi, India
J Appl Microbiol 103:1798-807. 2007To study the genetic basis of C(4)-dicarboxylate transport (Dct) in relation to symbiotic nitrogen fixation in Mesorhizobium ciceri.
- The effect of contact lens-induced corneal edema on Goldmann applanation tonometry and dynamic contour tonometryJong Hyun Oh
Department of Ophthalmology, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80, Guro Dong, Guro Gu, Seoul, 152 703, Republic of Korea
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:371-5. 2009To evaluate the effect of contact lens-induced corneal edema on intraocular pressure (IOP) measurements using Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) and dynamic contour tonometry (DCT) in Asian subjects.
- Meta-analysis of dry cow management for dairy cattle. Part 2. Cure of existing intramammary infectionsT Halasa
Utrecht University, Department of Farm Animal Health and Reproduction, PO Box 80151, 3584 CN Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Dairy Sci 92:3150-7. 2009The main goal of dry cow therapy (DCT) is to cure existing intramammary infections (IMI) at dry off...
- Reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic separation of diastereomers of (R,S)-mexiletine prepared by microwave irradiation with four new chiral derivatizing reagents based on trichloro-s-triazine having amino acids as chiral auxiliaries and Ravi Bhushan
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, India
J Chromatogr A 1217:7669-76. 2010..Two other sets of CDRs consisting of four dichloro-s-triazine (DCT) and six monochloro-s-triazine (MCT) reagents were also prepared by nucleophilic substitution of chlorine atom(s) ..
- Conservation between coding and regulatory elements of Rhizobium meliloti and Rhizobium leguminosarum dct genesJ Jiang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802
J Bacteriol 171:5244-53. 1989Complementation of Rhizobium leguminosarum dct mutants with a cosmid bank yielded Rhizobium meliloti homologs of the dctA, dctB, and dctD genes...
- Molecular and functional identification of beta-adrenergic receptors in distal convoluted tubule cellsF A Gesek
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755 3835, USA
Am J Physiol 272:F712-20. 1997..beta-Adrenergic-receptor effects on Na+ and Ca2+ transport in distal convoluted tubules (DCT) have not been established...
- Intravenous immunoglobulins in rhesus hemolytic diseaseKanya Mukhopadhyay
Neonatal Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Pediatr 70:697-9. 2003..To evaluate the role of intravenous immunoglobulins in Rh hemolytic disease of newborn...
- Surface antibacterial properties of compomersS Matalon
Dept Oral Rehabilitation, Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 7:136-41. 2006This was to evaluate the antibacterial properties of four different compomers, using direct contact test (DCT) and agar diffusion test (ADT)...
- Improvement of DCT-based compression algorithms using Poisson's equationKatsu Yamatani
Department of Urban Science, Meijo University, Gifu 509 0261, Japan
IEEE Trans Image Process 15:3672-89. 2006..image block--has approximately zero gradient across the block boundary, which gives rise to the fast-decaying DCT coefficients, which, in turn, lead to more efficient compression-decompression algorithms for the same bit rates...
- Surface antibacterial properties of resin and resin-modified dental cementsHagay Slutsky
Department of Community Dentistry, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Quintessence Int 38:55-61. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the antibacterial properties of 4 dental cements using the direct contact test (DCT) and the agar diffusion test (ADT).
- Signatures of positive selection in genes associated with human skin pigmentation as revealed from analyses of single nucleotide polymorphismsO Lao
Department of Forensic Molecular Biology, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Hum Genet 71:354-69. 2007..We identified eight genes that are associated with the melanin pathway (SLC45A2, OCA2, TYRP1, DCT, KITLG, EGFR, DRD2 and PPARD) and presented significant differences in genetic variation between Europeans, ..
- Tyrosinase and ocular diseases: some novel thoughts on the molecular basis of oculocutaneous albinism type 1Kunal Ray
Molecular and Human Genetics Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700 032, India
Prog Retin Eye Res 26:323-58. 2007..In the melanocytes, TYR functions as an integrated unit with other TYR-related proteins (TYRP1, TYRP2), lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1) and melanocyte-stimulating hormone receptors; thus forming a ..
- Changes of melanosome morphology associated with the differentiation of epidermal melanocytes in slaty miceTomohisa Hirobe
Radiation Effect Mechanism Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:981-93. 2007The slaty (Dct(slt)) mutation is known to reduce the activity of dopachrome tautomerase, which converts dopachrome to 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid in the pathway of eumelanin synthesis and to inhibit melanosome maturation in ..
- Phorbol ester stimulation of RasGRP1 regulates the sodium-chloride cotransporter by a PKC-independent pathwayBenjamin Ko
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20120-5. 2007..cotransporter (NCC) is the principal salt-absorptive pathway in the mammalian distal convoluted tubule (DCT) and is the site of action of one of the most effective classes of antihypertensive medications, thiazide diuretics...
- A mathematical model of distal nephron acidification: diuretic effectsAlan M Weinstein
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1353-64. 2008..In the present work, mathematical models of the distal convoluted tubule (DCT)/connecting tubule (CNT) (Weinstein AM, Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289: F721-F741, 2005), and cortical and ..
- The contrast sensitivity test in early detection of ocular changes in the relation to the type I diabetes mellitus compensation in children, teenagers, and young adultsJan Krasny
Department of Ophthalmology, 3 Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, University Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady Prague, Czech Republic
Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov 1:232-6. 2007..We tested the hypothesis, that disturbances of CS can precede the typical changes in macular area in nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) in young patients with diabetes type 1 (T1DM)...
- Role of SLC12A10.2, a Na-Cl cotransporter-like protein, in a Cl uptake mechanism in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Yi Fang Wang
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan 11529, ROC
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R1650-60. 2009..a member of the SLC12 family, is mainly expressed in the apical membrane of the mammalian distal convoluted tubule (DCT) cells, is responsible for cotransporting Na(+) and Cl(-) from the lumen into DCT cells and plays a major role in ..
- Microwave-assisted synthesis and reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographic separation of diastereomers of (R,S)-baclofen using ten chiral derivatizing reagents designed from trichloro-s-triazineRavi Bhushan
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India
J Chromatogr A 1217:6382-7. 2010Four dichloro-s-triazine (DCT) and five monochloro-s-triazine (MCT) chiral derivatizing reagents (CDRs) were synthesized by incorporating amino acid amide moieties as chiral auxiliaries in trichloro-s-triazine and its 6-methoxy ..
- In vivo nuclear translocation of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors in rat kidney: differential effect of corticosteroids along the distal tubuleDaniel Ackermann
Unit of Anatomy, Department of Medicine, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1473-85. 2010..In control rats, MR and GR were found in cell nuclei of thick ascending limb (TAL), DCT, CNT, CD cells, and intercalated cells (IC)...
- Efficacy of short mental tests in the detection of mental impairment in old ageK Engedal
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Ullevaal Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Compr Gerontol A 2:87-93. 1988..inter-rater reliability, and validity of six mental tests, the MMS, the GMS, the MSQ, the VRT, the OLT, and the DCT were studied in 81 patients over the age of 75 years...
- Syntenic assignment of dopamine tautomerase (DCT) to bovine chromosome 12H S Sun
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, California 53706, USA
Anim Genet 27:421-2. 1996....
- The gene encoding the T-box factor Tbx2 is a target for the microphthalmia-associated transcription factor in melanocytesS Carreira
Eukaryotic Transcription Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, Oxted, Surrey RH8 OTL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:21920-7. 2000..Yet to date, Mitf has been shown to regulate genes such as Tyrosinase, Tyrp-1, and Dct, which are required for pigmentation, a differentiation-specific process...
- Assessment of arterial tumor vascularity in small hepatocellular carcinoma. Comparison between color doppler ultrasonography and radiographic imagings with contrast medium: dynamic CT, angiography, and CT hepatic arteriographyJ Furuse
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1, Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, 277 8577, Chiba, Japan
Eur J Radiol 36:20-7. 2000..in diameter in 37 patients for arterial tumor vascularity by conventional CDU, PDU, dynamic computed tomography (dCT), digital subtraction angiography (DSA), and CT hepatic arteriography (CTA). Color images were detected in 25 (59...
- Nephron distribution of total low Km cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase in mouse, rat and rabbit kidneyE Kusano
Department of Nephrology, Jichi Medical School Minamikawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 193:207-20. 2001..in cortical ascending limb of Henle's loop (cTAL), cortical collecting duct and in distal convoluted tubule (DCT). The highest activity was found in connecting tubules...
- The etiology of oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) type II: the pink protein modulates the processing and transport of tyrosinaseKazutomo Toyofuku
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Pigment Cell Res 15:217-24. 2002..involved in OCA2, our group used several antibodies specific for various melanosomal proteins (tyrosinase, Tyrp1, Dct, Pmel17 and HMB45), including a specific set of polyclonal antibodies against the p protein...
- Radiation resistance of human melanoma analysed by retroviral insertional mutagenesis reveals a possible role for dopachrome tautomeraseBrian J Pak
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre and Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 23:30-8. 2004..we showed that the expression of DOPAchrome tautomerase (DCT), also known as tyrosinase-related protein 2 (TYRP2), an enzyme that functions in eumelanin synthesis, was significantly elevated in the radiation-resistant clones ..
- Dct::lacZ ES cells: a novel cellular model to study melanocyte determination and differentiationPatrick Pla
Developmental Genetics of Melanocytes, UMR 146 CNRS Institut Curie, Bat 110, 91405, Orsay Cedex, France
Pigment Cell Res 17:142-9. 2004..To elucidate the main events that lead to the development of melanocytes in vitro, we used transgenic Dct::lacZ mouse blastocysts to establish ES cell lines expressing the lacZ reporter gene under the control of the Dct ..
- Epitope mapping of the melanosomal matrix protein gp100 (PMEL17): rapid processing in the endoplasmic reticulum and glycosylation in the early Golgi compartmentKen ichi Yasumoto
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Room 1B25, Building 37, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28330-8. 2004..gp100 is processed and sorted in a manner distinct from other melanosomal proteins (such as tyrosinase, Tyrp1 and Dct) and is predominantly delivered directly to immature melanosomes following its rapid processing in the endoplasmic ..
- Simultaneous toxicity and nutrient removals in simulated DEPHANOX (anaerobic/anoxic/oxic sequentials) process treating dinitrotoluene and trichlorotolueneD T Sponza
Environmental Engineering Department, Engineering Faculty, Dokuz Eylul University, Kaynaklar Campus, Tynaztepe, Buca, Yzmir, Turkey
Water Sci Technol 49:237-44. 2004..to toluene, NH4-N and total aromatic amines (TAA) while TCT was transformed to toluene and dichlorotoluene (DCT) under anaerobic and anoxic conditions...
- Clinical comparison of contour and applanation tonometry and their relationship to pachymetryChristoph Kniestedt
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1532-7. 2005To compare intraocular pressure readings of recently introduced dynamic contour tonometry (DCT) with pneumatonometry (PTG) and Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) and to correlate central corneal thickness (CCT) with these readings.
- The slaty mutation affects the morphology and maturation of melanosomes in the mouse melanocytesTomohisa Hirobe
Radiation Effect Mechanism Research Group, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
Pigment Cell Res 19:454-9. 2006The slaty (Dct(slt)) mutation is known to reduce the activity of dopachrome tautomerase in melanocytes and to reduce the melanin content in skin, hairs and eyes...
- Notch1 and Notch2 receptors influence progressive hair graying in a dose-dependent mannerKarine Schouwey
ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, National Center of Competence in Research Molecular Oncology, Epalinges, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 236:282-9. 2007..Deletion of Notch1 and/or Notch2 in melanoblasts did not induce a congenital defect. The number of Dct-expressing cells at embryonic stages was not affected, but melanocytes located within the hair matrix progressively ..
- Undersampled boundary pre-/postfilters for low bit-rate DCT-based block codersLu Gan
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, The University of Liverpool, U K
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:428-41. 2007..Furthermore, image coding results indicate that the proposed undersampled pre-/postfiltering systems yield excellent and stable performance in low bit-rate image coding...
- Effect of central corneal thickness on dynamic contour tonometry and Goldmann applanation tonometry in primary open-angle glaucomaMatthias C Grieshaber
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Basel, Mittlere Strasse 91, PO Box, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Arch Ophthalmol 125:740-4. 2007To compare the dependence of dynamic contour tonometry (DCT) and Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) on central corneal thickness (CCT) in primary open-angle glaucoma.
- New architecture for dynamic frame-skipping transcoderKai Tat Fung
Dept of Electron and Inf Eng, Hong Kong Polytech Univ, Kowloon, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 11:886-900. 2002..The newly quantized discrete cosine transform (DCT) coefficients of the prediction errors need to be re-computed for the nonskipped frame with reference to the ..
- An error detection and recovery algorithm for compressed video signal using source level redundancyC S Kim
Sch of Electr Eng, Seoul Nat Univ, Seoul, Korea
IEEE Trans Image Process 9:209-19. 2000The motion compensation-discrete cosine transform (MC-DCT) coding is an efficient compression technique for a digital video sequence. However, the compressed video signal is vulnerable to transmission errors over noisy channels...
- Molecular variation in pigmentation genes contributing to coat colour in native Korean Hanwoo cattleT R Mohanty
Department of Animal Resources and Biotechnology, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju City, Korea
Anim Genet 39:550-3. 2008Pigmentation genes such as TYR (tyrosinase), TYRP1 (tyrosinase-related protein 1), DCT (previously TYRP2, or tyrosinase-related protein 2), ASIP (agouti) and MC1R (melanocortin receptor 1) play a major role in cattle coat colour...
- Iris phenotypes and pigment dispersion caused by genes influencing pigmentationMichael G Anderson
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:565-78. 2008..We have identified the nm2798 mutation as a missense mutation in the Dct gene, an identical re-occurrence of the slaty light mutation...
- Applanation tonometry versus dynamic contour tonometry in eyes treated with latanoprostEfstathios T Detorakis
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
J Glaucoma 19:194-8. 2010To examine the differences between Goldmann Applanation Tonometry (GAT) and Dynamic Contour Tonometry (DCT) associated with latanoprost use.
- Quasi-MSn identification of flavanone 7-glycoside isomers in Da Chengqi Tang by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryFengguo Xu
Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Chin Med 4:15. 2009Da Chengqi Tang (DCT) is a common purgative formula in Chinese medicine. Flavanones are its major active compounds derived from Fructus Aurantii Immaturus...
- Parametric image reconstruction using the discrete cosine transform for optical tomographyXuejun Gu
Columbia University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 351 Engineering Terrace, MC8904, 1210 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Biomed Opt 14:064003. 2009..The discrete cosine transform (DCT), which has long been used in image compression, is here employed to parameterize the reconstructed image...
- The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafishCatherine T Nguyen
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 341:167-75. 2010..In addition, the expression levels of markers for neural crest-derived cells such as crestin, gch2, dct and mitfa are greatly reduced in leo1(LA1186) mutants, indicating a requirement for Leo1 in maintaining the neural ..
- Gap-filling for the high-resolution PET sinograms with a dedicated DCT-domain filterUygar Tuna
Department of Signal Processing, Tampere University of Technology, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:830-9. 2010..e., gaps. For the gap filling, we propose an iterative discrete-cosine transform (DCT) domain method with two versions: 1) with basic DCT domain filter and 2) with dedicated and gap-dependent DCT ..
- The registration of diagnostic versus planning fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography in radiotherapy planning for non-small cell lung cancerMei L Yap
Radiation Oncology Department, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 22:554-60. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of registration of the CT components of the planning PET/CT scan (pCT) and diagnostic PET/CT scan (dCT) scan with the rCT.
- Altered renal FGF23-mediated activity involving MAPK and Wnt: effects of the Hyp mutationEmily G Farrow
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Endocrinol 207:67-75. 2010..Initial FGF23-dependent Erk1/2 activity in the kidney localizes to the distal convoluted tubule (DCT) with the co-receptor α-Klotho (KL), distinct from Npt2a in proximal tubules (PT)...
- Small bowel tumors detection in capsule endoscopy by Gaussian modeling of color curvelet covariance coefficientsMaria M Martins
Industrial Electronics Department, Minho University, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:5557-60. 2010..Texture descriptors are derived from selected scales of the Discrete Curvelet Transform (DCT)...
- An electrophysiological study of task demands on concreteness effects: evidence for dual coding theorySuzanne E Welcome
Centre for Brain and Mind, Department of Psychology, The University of Western Ontario, The Natural Sciences Centre, Room 206, London, ON, N6A 5B7, Canada
Exp Brain Res 212:347-58. 2011..Of interest were the predictions of dual coding theory (DCT), which proposes that processing lexical concepts depends on functionally independent but interconnected verbal and ..
- Induction of ambicoloration by exogenous cortisol during metamorphosis of spotted halibut Verasper variegatusToshiyuki Yamada
Nagasaki Prefectural Institute of Fisheries, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 160:174-80. 2011..In addition, the expression of the gene dopachrome tautomerase (dct), a marker of melanoblasts, was enhanced at Stage E by cortisol administration...
- Melanoma exosomes educate bone marrow progenitor cells toward a pro-metastatic phenotype through METHector Peinado
Children s Cancer and Blood Foundation Laboratories, Departments of Pediatrics, Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 18:883-91. 2012..we identified an exosome-specific melanoma signature with prognostic and therapeutic potential comprised of TYRP2, VLA-4, HSP70, an HSP90 isoform and the MET oncoprotein...
- [Effects of laser in situ keratomileusis on intraocular pressure measurements in Japanese myopic eyes]Shinichiro Ohtani
Miyata Eye Hospital, Miyazaki ken, Japan
Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 116:367-73. 2012..IOP) using Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT), noncontact tonometer (NCT), and Dynamic contour tonometer (DCT) in eyes undergoing myopic laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) and to examine the effects of preoperative corneal ..
- Detailed histological structure of human hair follicle bulge region at different ages: a visible niche for nesting adult stem cellsXiong Wang
Department of Dermatology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 32:648-56. 2012..Gene expression profile analysis revealed that there were cells with mRNA transcripts of Dct(Hi)Tyrase(Lo)-Tyrp1(Lo)MC1R(Lo)MITF(Lo)/K15(Hi)/NPNT(Hi) in the bulge region of the hair follicle with ..
- The cardiac L-type calcium channel distal carboxy terminus autoinhibition is regulated by calciumShawn M Crump
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H455-64. 2013..Ca-release, and LTCC function is influenced by interacting proteins including the LTCC distal COOH terminus (DCT) and calmodulin...
- ZPEG: a hybrid DPCM-DCT based approach for compression of Z-stack imagesSourabh Khire
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:5424-7. 2012..ZPEG extends the popular discrete-cosine transform (DCT) based image encoder to compress Z-stack images...
- Cinacalcet attenuates hypercalcemia observed in mice bearing either Rice H-500 Leydig cell or C26-DCT colon tumorsMatthew Colloton
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 712:8-15. 2013..calcium, serum PTHrP, and calcium-sensing receptor mRNA in mice bearing either Rice H-500 Leydig cell or C26-DCT colon tumors...
- Efficient discrete cosine transform model-based algorithm for photoacoustic image reconstructionYan Zhang
Fudan University, Department of Electronic Engineering, Shanghai 200437, China
J Biomed Opt 18:066008. 2013..We incorporate the discrete cosine transform (DCT) in PAI reconstruction and establish a new photoacoustic model...
- A role for the circadian clock protein Per1 in the regulation of the NaCl co-transporter (NCC) and the with-no-lysine kinase (WNK) cascade in mouse distal convoluted tubule cellsJacob Richards
From the Departments of Medicine and
J Biol Chem 289:11791-806. 2014..However, the role of Per1 in other parts of the nephron has not been investigated. The distal convoluted tubule (DCT) plays a critical role in renal sodium reabsorption...
- Coupling of the radiosensitivity of melanocyte stem cells to their dormancy during the hair cycleMakiko Ueno
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan Department of Dermatology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 27:540-51. 2014..We used Dct-H2B-GFP transgenic mice which enables the stable visualization of McSCs and an anti-Kit monoclonal antibody which ..
- Computer-aided diagnosis of malignant mammograms using Zernike moments and SVMShubhi Sharma
Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur, Dumna Airport Road, P O Khamaria, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, 482 005, India
J Digit Imaging 28:77-90. 2015..of Zernike moments as a fitting texture descriptor, the performance of the proposed CAD system is compared with the other well-known texture descriptors namely gray-level co-occurrence matrix (GLCM) and discrete cosine transform (DCT).
- Accelerated differentiation of melanocyte stem cells contributes to the formation of hyperpigmented maculaeTakaaki Yamada
Research Laboratories, Nippon Menard Cosmetic Co Ltd, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan Department of Applied Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan Department of Dermatology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Exp Dermatol 23:652-8. 2014..Furthermore, the expression of dopachrome tautomerase (Dct), a downstream target of β-catenin, was significantly upregulated in McSCs of UVB-irradiated mice...
- Investigation of a novel common subexpression elimination method for low power and area efficient DCT architectureM F Siddiqui
Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:620868. 2014..interest has been observed to find a low power and area efficient hardware design of discrete cosine transform (DCT) algorithm...
- Automated detection and recognition of wildlife using thermal camerasPeter Christiansen
Department of Engineering, Aarhus University, Finlandsgade 22, Aarhus, Denmark
Sensors (Basel) 14:13778-93. 2014..The discrete cosine transform (DCT) is used to parameterize the thermal signature and, thereby, calculate a feature vector, which is used for ..
- Dual adaptive statistical approach for quantitative noise reduction in photon-counting medical imaging: application to nuclear medicine imagesPascal Paul Hannequin
Centre d Imagerie Nucléaire d Annecy, Immeuble Le Péricles, Entrée B, Allée de la Mandallaz, 74370 Metz Tessy, France
Phys Med Biol 60:4581-99. 2015..and heuristic noise extraction (extended) (SHINE-Ext) filter, performs a discrete cosine transformation (DCT) using sliding blocks...
- Coupling mitogenesis and mitophagy for longevityKonstantinos Palikaras
a Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Autophagy 11:1428-30. 2015..In our recent study, we demonstrate that DCT-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans homolog of mammalian BNIP3 and BNIP3L/NIX, is a key mediator of mitophagy promoting ..
- Interobserver agreement using Goldmann applanation tonometry and dynamic contour tonometry: comparing ophthalmologists, nurses and techniciansAachal Kotecha
Glaucoma Service, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Ophthalmology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 100:854-9. 2016To compare agreement between ophthalmologists and non-ophthalmologists (nurses and ophthalmic technicians) when measuring the intraocular pressure (IOP) using Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) and Pascal dynamic contour tonometry (DCT).
- Regulation of Na-CI cotransporter (NCC) subcellular distribution in DCTALICIA MCDONOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2007..We recently tested the hypothesis (in rats in vivo) that high salt diet provokes redistribution of DCT NCC from apical plasma membrane (PM) to sub-apical intracellular membrane pools (IM) and that salt restriction ..
- Sheri L Holmen; Fiscal Year: 2016..mice that express the retroviral receptor TVA specifically in melanocytes from the dopachrome tautomerase (DCT) promoter and propose to utilize retroviral vectors containing Cre-recombinase and NRas(Q61R) to induce melanoma in ..
- Xiongwen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have found that genetic deletion of the enzyme dopachrome tautomerase (Dct), which is expressed by both human and murine cardiac melanocytes, unmasks a pathological state with action ..
- ATF2 in melanoma development and progressionZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Initial analysis of melanocytes identified a set of pigmentation genes, including MITF, MC1R, Silver, DCT and TYRP1, whose expression is altered in the absence of functional ATF2...
- Analysis of distal conboluted tubule function in vivoJames A McCormick; Fiscal Year: 2012..The distal convoluted tubule (DCT) of the kidney plays a critical role in the reabsorption of sodium (primarily via the sodium chloride cotransporter,..
- Translating Dosage Compensation to TrisomyJeanne Bentley Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2010..genes across a chromosome can be reduced to the targeted integration of a single "dosage compensating transgene" (DCT) in pluripotent (embryonic-like) DS stem cells, and in two DS mouse models, including one which carries human chr...
- Alicia A McDonough; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Na+Cl- cotransporter (NCC) is expressed in the apical plasma membrane (APM) of the distal convoluted tubule (DCT)...
- William A Catterall; Fiscal Year: 2016..myocytes, an A Kinase Anchoring Protein (AKAP) is required for anchoring of PKA to the distal C- terminal domain (DCT)...
- MATTHIAS TILMANN FLORIAN WOLF; Fiscal Year: 2015..However, in the distal convoluted tubule (DCT) and connecting tubule (CNT) Ca2+ is absorbed via transepithelial transport by the Ca2+ channel TRPV5...
- Zhongjie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2014..Klotho is predominately expressed in the renal distal convoluted tubule (DCT) epithelial cells although it is also found in a few of other types of cells or tissues...
- Manoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2015..As such, we hypothesize that pendrin can confer resistance to or blunt the effect of loop or DCT diuretics (furosemide or thiazide derivatives) by increasing the absorption of salt delivered to the distal nephron...
- Mark David Levin; Fiscal Year: 2014..These cells express melanocyte markers, including Dopachrome Tautomerase (Dct), and are electrically excitable, generating action potentials that resemble those recorded in atrial myocytes...
- Steven T Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Cancer Center has five Programs: Molecular Oncology (MONC), Developmental Cancer Therapeutics (DCT), Cancer Immunotherapeutics (CI), Hematologic Malignancies (HM), and Cancer Control and Population Sciences (CCPS)...
- Biliary and Intestinal Cell Models of Drug ToxicityMARY KANZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..The anticancer drugs [Iomustine (CCNU), methotrexate (MTX), docetaxel (DCT)] chosen to validate these in vitro cytotoxicity models have well-established toxicities to BDC or IEC in vivo, ..
- NearIR Photon-counting Camera for Diffuse Optical TomographyJames Christian; Fiscal Year: 2007..Diffuse optical tomography (DOT) and diffuse correlation tomography (DCT), which images blood flow, promises to provide a method for routine, non-invasive cancer screening that increases ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL CALCIUM TRANSPORT BY CALCIUMJohn Arthur; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal will investigate the signal transduction pathways the CaR uses to regulate Ca2+ transport in MDCK and DCT cells...
- WNK1 regulation of renal NaCl cotransportArohan Subramanya; Fiscal Year: 2006..in the serine-threonine kinases WNK1 and WNK4, proteins highly expressed in the renal distal convoluted tubule (DCT)...
- ANALYSIS: ANTI-CANCER/AIDS CHEMICALS/PHARM FORMULATIONSAndrew Cheung; Fiscal Year: 1993The Pharmaceutical Resources Branch (PRB), Developmental Therapeutics Program (DTP), Division of Cancer Treatment (DCT), National Cancer Institute (NCI) is seeking a contractor to supply analytical services for the analysis of bulk ..
- CLINICAL DEVELOPMENT OF ANTICANCER AGENTSPAUL CARBONE; Fiscal Year: 1990..Pharmacokinetic studies on specific investigational new drugs sponsored by the Division of Cancer Treatment (DCT), National Cancer Institute (NCI)...
- CLINICAL DEVELOPMENT OF ANTICANCER AGENTSDavid Ettinger; Fiscal Year: 1990..Pharmacokinetic studies on specific investigational new drugs sponsored by the Division of Cancer Treatment (DCT), National Cancer Institute (NCI)...
- OUTSTANDING INVESTIGATORGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2000..As in the past the renewal OIG program will greatly assist the DCT-NCI in selecting new anticancer drug candidates and speeding their development toward clinical trial...
- Modulation of K channels in renal collecting ductWen Hui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Regulation of Pendrin by Angiotensin IISusan Wall; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will explore how pendrin controls absorption of Cl- by the kidney and why activity of pendrin and ENaC are so dependent on each other. ..
- Bile acid-induced colon cancer cell proliferationJean Pierre Raufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..3c) The mechanism whereby bile acids activate metalloproteases will be determined by exploring the roles of PKC, Ca2+, and Src in bile acid-induced HB-EGF release. ..
- Pathways governing survival of neural crest derivativesROBERT AARON CORNELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These pathways are potential entry points for therapies against malignant melanoma and other neural crest diseases. ..
- Solution Phase Libraries by Fluorous Mixture SynthesisWei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The company plans to use the techniques in- house for contract library synthesis and to make them available to the community at large. ..
- ON THE ROLE OF THE HPS GENE PRODUCT IN MELANOCYTESRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will contribute to our knowledge of cellular trafficking in general and the pathophysiology of HPS in specific. ..
- PHENOLS/CATECHOLS IN OCCUPATIONAL/CONTACT VITILIGO SKINRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Rapid Fluorous Synthesis of Drug-Like Small MoleculesWei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Advances in Renal Research: Human Diseases of Protein ProcessingDavid Ellison; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VACCINES FOR PREVENTION OF EXPERIMENTAL CONGENITAL CMVMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these subunit vaccine studies in this small animal model will clarify which strategies may be of value for vaccination against congenital HCMV infection. ..
- Prenatal and Perinatal Programming of Adult HypertensionVESA VEHASKARI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The effect of short-term postnatal dietary and phamacological manipulations on the long-term blood pressure profile will be investigated. ..
- REGULATION OF CYTOCHROME P4503A ACTIVITY IN THE ELDERLYLisa von Moltke; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- UCLA TRAINING PROGRAM IN NUTRITION AND OBESITYDavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 2004 National Vitiligo Foundation Scientific ConferenceRaymond Boissy; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, mini-symposiums will be organized for each of the sessions. ..
- Transgenic Plant-Derived CMV Glycoprotein B VaccineMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance the fields of plant and CMV vaccines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Strategy for Animal Model Testing of HCMV VaccinesMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will represent the first efficacy test of a human CMV subunit vaccine in a small animal model of congenital CMV infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TNF Alters Renal Tubular Function in DiabetesFrank Gesek; Fiscal Year: 2005..Complementary techniques are used to examine alterations in vivo and at the cellular level. Our studies provide insights into the earliest changes that occur in DT due to the cytokine TNF. ..
- THE UCLA CLINICAL NUTRITION RESEARCH UNITDavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 2006..The UCLA CNRU is serving as a regional and national resource at the cutting edge of nutrition and cancer prevention research...