Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cytosolic sialidase
Description: neuraminidase 2
Alias: SIAL2, sialidase-2, N-acetyl-alpha-neuraminidase 2, cytosolic sialidase, sialidase 2 (cytosolic sialidase)
Products: cytosolic sialidase
- Haghani A, Mehrbod P, Safi N, Aminuddin N, Bahadoran A, Omar A, et al. In vitro and in vivo mechanism of immunomodulatory and antiviral activity of Edible Bird's Nest (EBN) against influenza A virus (IAV) infection. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;185:327-40 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study support the antiviral activity of EBN against influenza virus and validate the traditional usage of this natural remedy by elucidation of toxicity and the molecular mechanism of action. ..
- Nath S, Mandal C, Chatterjee U, Mandal C. Association of cytosolic sialidase Neu2 with plasma membrane enhances Fas-mediated apoptosis by impairing PI3K-Akt/mTOR-mediated pathway in pancreatic cancer cells. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:210 pubmed publisher..There are few reports on sialyltransferase, however, the contribution of cytosolic sialidase (Neu2) remains unexplored in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)...
- Shiozaki K, Harasaki Y, Fukuda M, Yoshinaga A, Ryuzono S, Chigwechokha P, et al. Positive regulation of myoblast differentiation by medaka Neu3b sialidase through gangliosides desialylation. Biochimie. 2016;123:65-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Neu3b sialidase is a positive regulator for myoblast differentiation, similar with mammalian cytosolic sialidase Neu2.
- Chen J, Zhou Y, Zhang L, Wang Y, Pepper A, Cho S, et al. Individualized Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis According to Nasal Cytology. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2017;9:403-409 pubmed publisher..05 for nasal secretions, sneezing, total score, and VAS). Nasal cytology may have important value in subtyping AR and optimizing AR treatment. Treating neutrophils is very important in AR patients with locally predominant neutrophils. ..
- Minami A, Saito M, Mamada S, Ieno D, Hikita T, Takahashi T, et al. Role of Sialidase in Long-Term Potentiation at Mossy Fiber-CA3 Synapses and Hippocampus-Dependent Spatial Memory. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165257 pubmed publisher..The results show that the regulation of sialyl signaling by Neu4 is involved in hippocampal memory processing. ..
- Tasnima N, Yu H, Li Y, Santra A, Chen X. Chemoenzymatic synthesis of para-nitrophenol (pNP)-tagged Î±2-8-sialosides and high-throughput substrate specificity studies of Î±2-8-sialidases. Org Biomol Chem. 2016;15:160-167 pubmed..high-throughput substrate specificity studies of the Î±2-8-sialidase activity of a recombinant human cytosolic sialidase hNEU2 and various bacterial sialidases...
- Zhu J, Ma X, Zhang Y, Ni D, Ai Q, Li H, et al. Establishment of a miRNA-mRNA regulatory network in metastatic renal cell carcinoma and screening of potential therapeutic targets. Tumour Biol. 2016;: pubmed..This study provides a significant reference of investigating the pathogenesis of mRCC and the subsequent screening of potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Wang L, Seino J, Tomotake H, Funakoshi Y, Hirayama H, Suzuki T. Co-Expression of NEU2 and GBA3 Causes a Drastic Reduction in Cytosolic Sialyl Free N-glycans in Human MKN45 Stomach Cancer Cells-Evidence for the Physical Interaction of NEU2 and GBA3. Biomolecules. 2015;5:1499-514 pubmed publisher..The findings show that the amount of glycans is dramatically reduced upon the co-expression of cytosolic sialidase NEU2 with cytosolic Î²-glycosidase GBA3 in human stomach cancer-derived MKN45 cells...
- Karahalli O, Acar T, Atahan M, Acar N, Haciyanli M, Kamer K. Clinical and Pathological Factors Affecting the Sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis in Patients with Breast Cancer. Indian J Surg. 2017;79:418-422 pubmed publisher..In the future, upon introduction of new biomarkers and with relevant studies, it may be possible to predict the SLNB status of patients at an adequately high accuracy and a low risk...
- Monti E, Preti A, Rossi E, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Cloning and characterization of NEU2, a human gene homologous to rodent soluble sialidases. Genomics. 1999;57:137-43 pubmed publisher..Northern blot analysis revealed expression of the NEU2 transcript only in skeletal muscle...
- Gao F, Bao J. Preliminary crystallographic analysis of neuraminidase N2 from a new influenza A virus. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:861-3 pubmed publisher..5, b = 112.8, c = 165.2 Å. Data were collected to 2.4 Å resolution. Four monomers were found in the asymmetric unit. The Matthews coefficient and solvent content were calculated to be 3.0 Å³ Da⁻¹ and 59.0%, respectively. ..
- Bassi M, Sperandeo M, Incerti B, Bulfone A, Pepe A, Surace E, et al. SLC7A8, a gene mapping within the lysinuric protein intolerance critical region, encodes a new member of the glycoprotein-associated amino acid transporter family. Genomics. 1999;62:297-303 pubmed
- Hart M, Saifuddin M, Uemura K, Bremer E, Hooker B, Kawasaki T, et al. High mannose glycans and sialic acid on gp120 regulate binding of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) to HIV type 1. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2002;18:1311-7 pubmed..These studies provide evidence that MBL binds to HIV via high mannose carbohydrates on gp120 and shows that the interaction of MBL with virus is regulated by sialylation. ..
- Tringali C, Papini N, Fusi P, Croci G, Borsani G, Preti A, et al. Properties of recombinant human cytosolic sialidase HsNEU2. The enzyme hydrolyzes monomerically dispersed GM1 ganglioside molecules. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3169-79 pubmedRecombinant human cytosolic sialidase (HsNEU2), expressed in Escherichia coli, was purified to homogeneity, and its substrate specificity was studied...
- Chavas L, Tringali C, Fusi P, Venerando B, Tettamanti G, Kato R, et al. Crystal structure of the human cytosolic sialidase Neu2. Evidence for the dynamic nature of substrate recognition. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:469-75 pubmed..Neu2 is a recently identified human cytosolic sialidase. Here we report the first high resolution x-ray structures of mammalian sialidase, human Neu2, in its apo ..
- Hu H, Shioda T, Moriya C, Xin X, Hasan M, Miyake K, et al. Infectivities of human and other primate lentiviruses are activated by desialylation of the virion surface. J Virol. 1996;70:7462-70 pubmed..Thus, the sialylation catalyzed by host cell pathways appeared to reduce the infectivity of human and nonhuman primate lentiviruses. Our results further suggested that desialylation would help increase the titers of HIV-based vectors. ..
- Miyagi T, Konno K, Emori Y, Kawasaki H, Suzuki K, Yasui A, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA encoding rat skeletal muscle cytosolic sialidase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:26435-40 pubmedWe have isolated a cDNA clone encoding the cytosolic sialidase of rat skeletal muscle...
- Monti E, Preti A, Nesti C, Ballabio A, Borsani G. Expression of a novel human sialidase encoded by the NEU2 gene. Glycobiology. 1999;9:1313-21 pubmed..In addition, based on the detectable similarities between the NEU2 amino acid sequence and bacterial sialidases, a prediction of the three-dimensional structure of the enzyme was carried out using a protein homology modeling approach. ..
- Seyrantepe V, Landry K, Trudel S, Hassan J, Morales C, Pshezhetsky A. Neu4, a novel human lysosomal lumen sialidase, confers normal phenotype to sialidosis and galactosialidosis cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37021-9 pubmed..Expression of Neu4 in the cells of sialidosis and galactosialidosis patients results in clearance of storage materials from lysosomes suggesting that Neu4 may be useful for developing new therapies for these conditions. ..
- Murray J, Todd K, Bakre A, Orr Burks N, Jones L, Wu W, et al. A universal mammalian vaccine cell line substrate. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188333 pubmed publisher..These findings advance platform-enabling vaccine technology, the creation of diagnostic cells substrates, and are informative about the host mechanisms that affect virus replication in mammalian cells...
- Li C, Yu Q, Ye Z, Sun Y, He Q, Li X, et al. A nonsynonymous SNP in human cytosolic sialidase in a small Asian population results in reduced enzyme activity: potential link with severe adverse reactions to oseltamivir. Cell Res. 2007;17:357-62 pubmed..SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) in dbSNP database, R41Q, near the enzymatic active site of human cytosolic sialidase, a homologue of virus neuraminidase that is the target of oseltamivir. This SNP occurred in 9...
- Mozzi A, Mazzacuva P, Zampella G, Forcella M, Fusi P, Monti E. Molecular insight into substrate recognition by human cytosolic sialidase NEU2. Proteins. 2012;80:1123-32 pubmed publisher..The human cytosolic sialidase NEU2 is the only mammalian enzyme structurally characterized and represents a valuable model to study the ..
- Klein C. Early pregnancy in the mare: old concepts revisited. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2016;56 Suppl:S212-7 pubmed publisher..In the pig, mouse, and human, relaxin is produced by the corpus luteum and is known to promote angiogenesis during early pregnancy. In summary, substantial advances in understanding MRP in the horse are underway. ..
- Goodbourn P, Bosten J, Bargary G, Hogg R, Lawrance Owen A, Mollon J. Variants in the 1q21 risk region are associated with a visual endophenotype of autism and schizophrenia. Genes Brain Behav. 2014;13:144-51 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that perceptual abnormalities observed in two different disorders may be linked by common genetic elements. ..
- Monti E, Benaglia G, Mozzi A, Fusi P, Longhi G, Gangemi F, et al. Looking at human cytosolic sialidase NEU2 structural features with an interdisciplinary approach. Biochemistry. 2014;53:5343-55 pubmed publisherCircular dichroism (CD) spectra at variable temperatures have been recorded for human cytosolic sialidase NEU2 in buffered water solutions and in the presence of divalent cations...