Genomes and Genes
cytochrome b5 reductase
Gene Symbol: cytochrome b5 reductase
Description: cytochrome b5 reductase 3
Alias: B5R, DIA1, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3 membrane-bound form, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3 soluble form, diaphorase-1
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Soluble cytochrome b 5 reductase from human erythrocytesP G Passon
Biochim Biophys Acta 275:62-73. 1972
- The sequence of squash NADH:nitrate reductase and its relationship to the sequences of other flavoprotein oxidoreductases. A family of flavoprotein pyridine nucleotide cytochrome reductasesG E Hyde
Phytotechnology Research Center, Michigan Technological University, Houghton 49931
J Biol Chem 266:23542-7. 1991..has significant similarity to the amino acid sequences of sulfite oxidase, cytochrome b5, and NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase. Alignment of these sequences with that of squash defines domains of nitrate reductase that appear to ..
- Reduction of sulfamethoxazole and dapsone hydroxylamines by a microsomal enzyme system purified from pig liver and pig and human liver microsomesBernd Clement
Pharmazeutisches Institut, Christian Albrechts Universitat, Gutenbergstr 76, D 24118 Kiel, Germany
Life Sci 77:205-19. 2005..of benzamidoxime an oxygen-insensitive liver microsomal enzyme system that required cytochrome b5, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and a cytochrome P450 isoenzyme of the subfamily 2D has been described...
- Molecular smallpox vaccine delivered by alphavirus replicons elicits protective immunity in mice and non-human primatesJay W Hooper
US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Virology Division, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, United States
Vaccine 28:494-511. 2009..Here, we demonstrated that virus-like replicon particles (VRPs) expressing the vaccinia virus A33R, B5R, A27L, and L1R genes elicited protective immunity in mice comparable to vaccination with live-vaccinia virus...
- Expression and characterization of a functional canine variant of cytochrome b5 reductaseGlenn W Roma
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 007, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 452:69-82. 2006b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), a member of the flavoprotein transhydrogenase family of oxidoreductase enzymes, catalyzes the transfer of reducing equivalents from the physiological electron donor, NADH, to two molecules of cytochrome b5...
- The structure of the S127P mutant of cytochrome b5 reductase that causes methemoglobinemia shows the AMP moiety of the flavin occupying the substrate binding siteMaria C Bewley
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
Biochemistry 42:13145-51. 2003....
- Adaptation of cytochrome-b5 reductase activity and methaemoglobinaemia in areas with a high nitrate concentration in drinking-waterS K Gupta
Satellite Hospital, Banipark, Jaipur, India
Bull World Health Organ 77:749-53. 1999....
- Expression of a novel P275L variant of NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase gives functional insight into the conserved motif important for pyridine nucleotide bindingM J Percy
Department of Hematology, Floor C, Tower Block, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 447:59-67. 2006..of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM, OMIN 250800) is associated with mutations in NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r) and manifests as cyanosis from birth...
- Molecular basis of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia, types I and II: Exon skipping and three novel missense mutations in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (diaphorase 1) geneW Kugler
Universitäts Kinderklinik, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Hum Mutat 17:348. 2001Hereditary methemoglobinemia due to reduced nicotin amide adenine dinucleotide (NADH)-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5r) deficiency is classified into an erythrocyte type (I) and a generalized type (II)...
- Heterogeneity of the rat NADH-cytochrome-b5-reductase transcripts resulting from multiple alternative first exonsL Mota Vieira
Institute Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 129, Paris, France
Eur J Biochem 220:729-37. 1994..the mechanisms responsible for the generation of different isoforms (membrane-bound and soluble) of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, and the different clinical forms of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia due to the deficiency of this ..
- Concise review: methemoglobinemiaA Mansouri
Department of Medicine, Overton Brooks VAMC, Shreveport, Louisiana 71101 4295
Am J Hematol 42:7-12. 1993..Under physiological conditions, methemoglobin reduction is accomplished mainly by red cell NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (NADH-methemoglobin reductase) so efficiently that there is insignificant amounts of methemoglobin in the ..
- A compound heterozygote in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase gene from a Chinese patient with hereditary methemoglobinemia type IY S Wu
Center for Medical Laboratory, Fuzhou General Hospital, People s Republic of China
Int J Hematol 72:34-6. 2000To elucidate the mutation in the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) gene from a Chinese patient with hereditary methemoglobinemia type I, we analyzed the coding sequences of b5R cDNA from the patient and from ..
- A novel L218P mutation in NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase associated with type I recessive congenital methemoglobinemiaTugba Arikoglu
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Dr Sami Ulus Children s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:381-5. 2009..Congenital methemoglobinemia due to deficiency of nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide (NADH)-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb(5)r) is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by life long cyanosis...
- Rat oesophageal cytochrome P450 (CYP) monooxygenase system: comparison to the liver and relevance in N-nitrosodiethylamine carcinogenesisL F Pinto
Departamento de Bioquimica, IBRAG, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Av 28 de Setembro, 87, fundos, 4 degrees andar, Vila Isabel, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Carcinogenesis 22:1877-83. 2001..Total amount of cytochrome P450, NADPH P450 reductase, cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase of the oesophageal mucosa was approximately 7% of what was found in the liver...
- Mutagenesis of Glycine 179 modulates both catalytic efficiency and reduced pyridine nucleotide specificity in cytochrome b5 reductaseGlenn W Roma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine and the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Biochemistry 44:13467-76. 2005b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), a member of the ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase family of flavoprotein transhydrogenases, catalyzes the NADH-dependent reduction of cytochrome b5...
- Biosynthesis of N-glycolylneuraminic acid-containing glycoconjugates. Purification and characterization of the key enzyme of the cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylation systemT Kawano
Department of Membrane Biochemistry, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:9024-9. 1994..experiment with the purified CMP-NeuAc hydroxylase, soluble cytochrome b5, and recombinant NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase revealed that these three factors are essential for the reaction...
- Methemoglobinemia and eccentrocytosis in equine erythrocyte flavin adenine dinucleotide deficiencyJ W Harvey
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vet Pathol 40:632-42. 2003..This deficiency in FAD results from a defect in erythrocyte riboflavin metabolism, which has not been documented previously in animals...
- Rate of alteration of hepatic mixed-function oxidase system in rats fed different dietary fatsA Ammouche
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 26, Hopital Fernand Widal, France
Biochem Cell Biol 71:530-7. 1993..These enzymes were correlated very well (0.84 < r < 0.93), P < 0.05 with dietary sigma polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Congenital methemoglobinemia: a rare case of cyanosis in the newborn]L Schwartz
Laboratoire d hématologie EFS Lorraine Champagne, Vandoeuvre les Nancy
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 63:314-6. 2005..It is due to the recessive autosomal NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (EC. 18.104.22.168) deficiency...
- Evaluation of the methemoglobinemia associated with sulofenurD C Molthrop
Department of Medicine, Cooper Green Hospital, Birmingham, AL
Invest New Drugs 12:99-102. 1994..We studied the incidence of methemoglobinemia, sulfhemoglobinemia and cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency in nine consecutive patients enrolled in a phase II trials using Sulofenur...
- Microarray reveals complement components are regulated in the serum-deprived rat retinal ganglion cell lineAbdelnaby Khalyfa
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Mol Vis 13:293-308. 2007..The aim of this study was to generate a genome-wide gene expression of RGC-5 following serum deprivation and to identify candidate genes that may be involved in the signal transduction pathways...
- Characterization and use of mammalian-expressed vaccinia virus extracellular membrane proteins for quantification of the humoral immune response to smallpox vaccinesAlonzo D Garcia
Laboratory of DNA Viruses, Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics and Evaluation and Research FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 457, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1032-44. 2007..Quantitatively similar titers of antibodies against EV antigens A33R, A56R, and B5R were measured in mice vaccinated with Dryvax and MVA when MVA was administered at a dose of 10(8) plaque-forming ..
- Methemoglobinemia caused by the ingestion of courgette soup given in order to resolve constipation in two formula-fed infantsFrancesco Savino
Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche e dell Adolescenza, Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera OIRM S Anna, Torino, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 50:368-71. 2006..lt; 3 months of age are more susceptible than adults because of lower amounts of a key enzyme, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, which converts methemoglobin back to hemoglobin...
- Functional analysis of vaccinia virus B5R protein: role of the cytoplasmic tailM M Lorenzo
, Madrid, Valdeolmos, 28130, Spain
Virology 252:450-7. 1998..The B5R gene encodes an EEV-specific type I membrane protein, and deletion of this gene markedly decreases EEV formation ..
- Superoxide, neuroleptics and the ubiquinone and cytochrome b5 reductases in brain and lymphocytes from normals and schizophrenic patientsS A Whatley
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 3:227-37. 1998..The neuroleptic flupenthixol reduces the expression in rats of the gene coding for NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase as measured by in situ hybridisation and its enzymic manifestation...
- LC16m8, a highly attenuated vaccinia virus vaccine lacking expression of the membrane protein B5R, protects monkeys from monkeypoxMasayuki Saijo
Special Pathogens Laboratory, Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol 80:5179-88. 2006..attenuated vaccinia virus vaccine strain LC16m8, with a mutation in the important immunogenic membrane protein B5R, to induce protective immunity against monkeypox in nonhuman primates was evaluated in comparison with the parental ..
- A novel mutation in type II methemoglobinemiaMichelle P Hudspeth
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Child Neurol 25:91-3. 2010Type II methemoglobinemia is a somatic deficiency of cytochrome b5 reductase with severe global neurologic impairment...
- A linkage and physical map of chromosome 22, and some applications to gene mappingC Julier
, , Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 42:297-308. 1988..Analysis of families segregating recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM), a disease in which the cytochrome b5 reductase is defective, as well as of families with cases of hereditary low levels of cytochrome b5 reductase ..
- Stimulatory effects of lung cytochrome b5 on benzphetamine N-demethylation in a reconstituted system containing lung cytochrome P450LgM2E Arinc
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Biochem 26:1033-42. 1994..purified cytochrome b5 fractions were free of cytochrome P450, NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase activities...
- Electrostatic interaction between NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 studied by site-directed mutagenesisK Shirabe
Department of Biochemistry, Oita Medical University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1384:16-22. 1998Electrostatic interaction between NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 was studied by site-directed mutagenesis...
- A selective decrease in the xenobiotic metabolizing activity of rat lungs by nitrogen dioxide exposuresY Takahashi
Basic Medical Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Ibaraki, Japan
Toxicology 54:281-96. 1989..On the other hand, the cytochrome b5, NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase of lung microsomes were increased concomitant with increase in microsomal proteins during 2-week ..
- Microarray assay for evaluation of the genetic stability of modified vaccinia virus Ankara B5R geneMajid Laassri
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 470, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Med Virol 79:791-802. 2007..vaccine, an advanced oligonucleotide microchip was developed and used to assay for mutations that could emerge in B5R gene, a vaccinia virus gene encoding for a protein that contains very important neutralizing epitopes...
- Abnormalities in mitochondria-associated membranes and phospholipid biosynthetic enzymes in the mnd/mnd mouse model of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisJ E Vance
Lipid and Lipoprotein Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1344:286-99. 1997..However, 3 proteins (cytochrome b5, NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase and mitochondrial F1Fzero-ATP synthase c subunit) which are normally present in mitochondria were ..
- Study of the individual cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase domains of Ncb5or reveals a unique heme pocket and a possible role of the CS domainBin Deng
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 285:30181-91. 2010..Trp(114) is an invariant surface residue in all known Ncb5or orthologs but appears not to contribute to electron transfer from the b(5)R domain to the b(5) domain...
- Chemopreventive and therapeutic modulation of green tea polyphenols on drug metabolizing enzymes in 4-Nitroquinoline 1-oxide induced oral cancerPeriasamy Srinivasan
Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Radiation Application Research Division, Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Jeonbuk 580 185, Republic of Korea
Chem Biol Interact 172:224-34. 2008..the effect of green tea polyphenols (GTP) on the activities of cytochrome b5, cytochrome P450, cytochrome b5 reductase (cyt b5 R), cytochrome P450 reductase (cyt P450 R), arryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH), DT-diaphorase (..
- Cytochrome b5 reductase: role of the si-face residues, proline 92 and tyrosine 93, in structure and catalysisChristopher C Marohnic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Biochemistry 44:2449-61. 2005....
- Methemoglobinemia in a young manYasmin S Hamirani
Department of Adult Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine Houston, Texas 77030 2304, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 35:76-7. 2008..Later, a DNA analysis, reported separately by others, showed that the patient's methemoglobinemia was caused by a novel mutation of the cytochrome b5 reductase gene.
- Identification of the missing component in the mitochondrial benzamidoxime prodrug-converting system as a novel molybdenum enzymeAntje Havemeyer
Pharmaceutical Institute, Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, 24118 Kiel, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:34796-802. 2006..A protein fraction free from cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase was purified, enhancing 250-fold the minor benzamidoxime-reductase activity catalyzed by the membrane-..
- Cloning, molecular characterization and expression of a cDNA encoding a functional NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase from Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305 in E. coliNeda Setayesh
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14174, Iran
Biol Res 42:137-46. 2009The present work aims to study a new NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r) from Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305. A cDNA coding for cb5r was isolated from a Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305 cDNA library...
- Structure and properties of the recombinant NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase of Physarum polycephalumTerumi Ikegami
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Okayama University of Science, Okayama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:783-90. 2007..These results suggest that the Physarum enzyme plays an important role in the organism...
- DT-diaphorase activity in normal and neoplastic human tissues; an indicator for sensitivity to bioreductive agents?E Smitskamp-Wilms
Department of Oncology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 72:917-21. 1995..extracts using 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP) and NADH as substrates; cytochrome P450 reductase or cytochrome b5 reductase activities were assessed with cytochrome c and NADPH or NADH respectively...
- Determination of lumenal orientation of microsomal 50-kDa esterase/N-deacetylaseJ Ozols
Department of Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3305, USA
Biochemistry 37:10336-44. 1998..at the conditions which led to the removal of the membranous segments from cytochrome b5 and the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase. The proposed model of the 50-kDa protein predicts one transmembrane segment at the N-terminus, flanked ..
- Structure of Physarum polycephalum cytochrome b5 reductase at 1.56 A resolutionSangwoo Kim
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamada Oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 63:274-9. 2007..The differences in these structural properties between the two proteins were consistent with estimates of their thermostabilities obtained from differential scanning calorimetry data...
- A novel plasma membrane quinone reductase and NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 are upregulated by serum withdrawal in human promyelocytic HL-60 cellsNathalie Forthoffer
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Immunología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cordoba, Spain
J Bioenerg Biomembr 34:209-19. 2002..An enzyme with properties of a cytochrome b5 reductase accounted for most dicumarol-resistant quinone reductase activity in HL-60 plasma membranes...
- Smallpox DNA vaccine protects nonhuman primates against lethal monkeypoxJ W Hooper
Virology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Virol 78:4433-43. 2004..that rhesus macaques vaccinated with a DNA vaccine consisting of four vaccinia virus genes (L1R, A27L, A33R, and B5R) were protected from severe disease after an otherwise lethal challenge with monkeypox virus...
- Assembly and mechanosensory function of focal adhesions: experiments and modelsAlexander D Bershadsky
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, P O Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Eur J Cell Biol 85:165-73. 2006..G-protein Rho via activation of two major targets, Rho-associated kinase (ROCK) and the formin homology protein, Dia1. ROCK controls creation of myosin II-driven forces, while Dia1 is involved in the response of FAs to these forces...
- Investigation of orf virus structure and morphogenesis using recombinants expressing FLAG-tagged envelope structural proteins: evidence for wrapped virus particles and egress from infected cellsJoanne L Tan
Virus Research Unit, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 90:614-25. 2009..Notable exceptions are A36R, K2L, A56R and B5R, which are associated with WV and EV envelopes...
- Role of Thr(66) in porcine NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase in catalysis and control of the rate-limiting step in electron transferShigenobu Kimura
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Kouto 3 2 1, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:3580-9. 2003..On the basis of these data, we present a new kinetic scheme to explain the mechanism of electron transfer from NADH to one-electron acceptors including cytochrome b(5)...
- Differential antigen requirements for protection against systemic and intranasal vaccinia virus challenges in miceDavid R Kaufman
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Virol 82:6829-37. 2008..intracellular mature virion (IMV) antigens A27L and L1R and extracellular enveloped virion (EEV) antigens A33R and B5R in a murine vaccinia virus challenge model...
- Overexpression of a cytochrome b5 reductase-like protein causes kinetoplast DNA loss in Trypanosoma bruceiShawn A Motyka
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18499-506. 2006..Furthermore, the growth defect caused by overexpression of cytochrome b(5) reductase-like protein could be partially rescued by simultaneously overexpressing tryparedoxin...
- A novel mutation of the cytochrome-b5 reductase gene in an Indian patient: the molecular basis of type I methemoglobinemiaRoberto H Nussenzveig
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Haematologica 91:1542-5. 2006We report here a novel mutation in the cytochrome b5 reductase gene resulting in type I methemoglobinemia. A single T->C transition in exon 8 at position 25985 was identified, changing codon 217 from Leu to Pro (L217P)...
- Enhanced anti-oxidant protection of liver membranes in long-lived rats fed on a coenzyme Q10-supplemented dietRosario I Bello
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiologia e Inmunologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus Rabanales, Edificio Severo Ochoa, 3a planta 14014 Córdoba, Spain
Exp Gerontol 40:694-706. 2005..Neither aging nor the diet affected NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase levels...
- 1,2-Bis(methylsulfonyl)-1-(2-chloroethyl)-2-[[1-(4-nitrophenyl)ethoxy]carbonyl]hydrazine: an anticancer agent targeting hypoxic cellsHelen A Seow
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Radiology, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9282-7. 2005..involved in the activation of KS119, cytotoxicity was measured in CHO cell lines overexpressing NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase (NBR), NADPH:cytochrome P450 reductase (NPR), or NADPH: quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1)...
- Influence of native and hypochlorite-modified low-density lipoprotein on gene expression in human proximal tubular epitheliumStefan Porubsky
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Pathol 164:2175-87. 2004..in reactive oxygen species metabolism and cell stress, eg, heme oxygenase-1, thioredoxin reductase, cytochrome b5 reductase, Gadd 153, amino acid transporter E16, and HSP70 was found after HOCl-LDL treatment of HK-2 cells...
- Quantitative real-time PCR identifies a critical region of deletion on 22q13 related to prognosis in oral cancerPatricia P Reis
Department of Genetics, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oncogene 21:6480-7. 2002..The target genes ECGFB, DIA1, BIK, and PDGFB and the microsatellite markers D22S274 and D22S277, mapped on 22q13, were selected according to our ..
- N-myristoylation determines dual targeting of mammalian NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase to ER and mitochondrial outer membranes by a mechanism of kinetic partitioningSara Colombo
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute of Neuroscience, Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Section and Department of Medical Pharmacology, University of Milan, 20129 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 168:735-45. 2005Mammalian NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) is an N-myristoylated protein that is dually targeted to ER and mitochondrial outer membranes...
- Human T-cell responses to vaccinia virus envelope proteinsJie Tang
Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Rm 329, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Virol 80:10010-20. 2006..The products of the VACV envelope genes A27L, L1R, B5R, and A33R induce protective antibodies in animal models...
- Unusual dehydroxylation of antimicrobial amidoxime prodrugs by cytochrome b5 and NADH cytochrome b5 reductaseJanelle Y Saulter
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1886-93. 2005..and M2 metabolism was investigated using human liver microsomes and human soluble cytochrome b5 and NAD cytochrome b5 reductase, expressed in Escherichia coli...
- An interpretation of human diaphorase isozymes in terms of three gene loci DIA1, DIA2 and DIA3R A Fisher
Ann Hum Genet 41:139-49. 1977..heterozygotes suggests that the red cell and main tissue forms of NADH diaphorase are products of the same locus DIA1. NADPH-dependent diaphorase appears to be the product of a second locus DIA2...
- A novel predicted calcium-regulated kinase family implicated in neurological disordersMałgorzata Dudkiewicz
Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 8:e66427. 2013..The FAM69 genes, FAM69A, FAM69B, FAM69C, C3ORF58 (DIA1) and CXORF36 (DIA1R), are by large uncharacterised molecularly, yet linked to several neurological disorders in ..
- Evaluation of bioreductive activation of anticancer drugs idarubicin and mitomycin C by NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome P450 2B4Haydar Celik
Biochemistry Graduate Programme and Department of Biological Sciences, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Xenobiotica 43:263-75. 2013This study attempted to investigate the ability of microsomal NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome P450 2B4 to reductively activate idarubicin and mitomycin C...
- Profiling the erythrocyte membrane proteome isolated from patients diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseBruno M Alexandre
Laboratório de Proteômica, Departamento de Genetica, Instituto Nacional de Saúde Dr Ricardo Jorge INSA IP, Lisboa, Portugal
J Proteomics 76:259-69. 2012..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Integrated omics...
- L1R, A27L, A33R and B5R vaccinia virus genes expressed by fowlpox recombinants as putative novel orthopoxvirus vaccinesSole Maria Pacchioni
Department of Medical Biotechnologies and Translational Medicine, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
J Transl Med 11:95. 2013....
- NADH-dependent cytochrome b5 reductase and NADPH methemoglobin reductase activity in the erythrocytes of Oncorhynchus mykissM C Saleh
Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Fish Physiol Biochem 38:1807-13. 2012..The fractions were compared for NADH-dependent cytochrome b5 reductase (CB5R) activity and for nitrite induction of methemoglobin...
- A mutation in Arabidopsis cytochrome b5 reductase identified by high-throughput screening differentially affects hydroxylation and desaturationRajesh Kumar
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Plant J 48:920-32. 2006..one of the mutations by positional cloning as a single base pair change in a gene encoding NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase (CBR1, At5g17770)...
- The mechanism of enzymatic and non-enzymatic N-oxide reductive metabolism of cyadox in pig liverMing Zheng
College of Life Sciences, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Xenobiotica 41:964-71. 2011..monoxide; this process is catalyzed by aldehyde oxidase and xanthine oxidase in the cytosol and by cytochrome b5 reductase in the microsomes...
- Discovery and characterization of a cytochrome b5 variant in humans with impaired hydroxylamine reduction capacityJoseph R Kurian
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:597-603. 2007We have shown that cytochrome b5 (cyt b5), along with its reductase, NADH cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R), is capable of direct xenobiotic biotransformation...
- Identification of major proteins in the lipid droplet-enriched fraction isolated from the human hepatocyte cell line HuH7Yasuyuki Fujimoto
Department of Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, 1091 1 Suarashi, Sagamiko, Tsukui, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1644:47-59. 2004..These results suggest that a specific set of proteins is enriched in the lipid droplet-enriched fraction and that 17betaHSD11 localizes specifically in the fraction...
- A novel G143D mutation in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase gene in an Indian patient with type I recessive hereditary methemoglobinemiaPrabhakar S Kedar
Institute of Immunohaematology Indian Council of Medical Research, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
Blood Cells Mol Dis 40:323-7. 2008..Investigations of the family members revealed that both the parents and a brother of the propositus were heterozygous for the G143D mutation...
- An RNA-zipcode-independent mechanism that localizes Dia1 mRNA to the perinuclear ER through interactions between Dia1 nascent peptide and Rho-GTPGuoning Liao
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 124:589-99. 2011..Here, we report a previously unidentified mechanism by which mRNA encoding for Dia1, a cytosolic protein without the signal peptide, is localized to the perinuclear ER in an RNA-zipcode-independent ..
- Influence of electron transport proteins on the reactions catalyzed by Fusarium fujikuroi gibberellin monooxygenasesClaudia Troncoso
Laboratorio de Bioorgánica, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 69:672-83. 2008..of P450-1 and P450-2 in the mutants are consistent with the participation of cytochrome b5:NADH cytochrome b5 reductase as redox partner of the gibberellin monooxygenases in the absence of CPR...
- Reductive metabolism of the nitroimidazole-based hypoxia-selective cytotoxin NLCQ-1 (NSC 709257)Maria V Papadopoulou
Department of Radiation Medicine at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 2650 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Oncol Res 14:21-9. 2003..the presence of 2'-AMP (a P450 reductase inhibitor), 6-propyl-2-thiouracil or p-hydroxymercuribenzoate (cytochrome b5 reductase inhibitors), NLCQ-1 reduction was inhibited...
- Effects of flavin-binding motif amino acid mutations in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase catalytic domain on protein stability and catalysisS Kimura
Faculty of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Kouto Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
J Biochem 130:481-90. 2001Porcine NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase catalytic domain (Pb5R) has the RXY(T/S)+(T/S) flavin-binding motif that is highly conserved among the structurally related family of flavoprotein reductases...
- Recessive congenital methemoglobinemia caused by a rare mechanism: maternal uniparental heterodisomy with segmental isodisomy of a chromosome 22Yu Hsiu Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Blood Cells Mol Dis 49:114-7. 2012Recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM) is a very rare disorder caused by NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r) deficiency. Two distinct clinical forms, types I and II, caused by cb5r deficiency have been recognized...
- Cytochrome b5 and NADH-cytochrome-b5 reductase from sipunculan erythrocytes; a methemerythrin reduction system from Phascolopsis gouldiiR E Utecht
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames
Biochim Biophys Acta 953:164-78. 1988..This report represents the first demonstration of a physiological system for reduction of metHr...
- Reduction and spectroscopic properties of hemoglobins MM Nagai
Biological Laboratory, Kanazawa University School of Allied Medical Professions, Ishikawa, Japan
Acta Haematol 78:95-8. 1987..using three enzymatic reducing systems; namely NADPH-flavin reductase from human erythrocytes, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase from human erythrocytes and ferredoxin-NADP reductase from spinach...
- Identification of a novel N-terminal hydrophobic sequence that targets proteins to lipid dropletsJohn K Zehmer
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9039, USA
J Cell Sci 121:1852-60. 2008..We found that a similar N-terminal hydrophobic sequence in cytochrome b5 reductase 3 and ALDI could also heterologously target proteins to droplets...
- Potency of Semecarpus anacardium Linn. nut milk extract against aflatoxin B(1)-induced hepatocarcinogenesis: reflection on microsomal biotransformation enzymesB Premalatha
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Dr A L M Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai, 600 113, India
Pharmacol Res 42:161-6. 2000..decrease of liver microsomal cytochrome P450, cytochrome b5, NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, and aniline hydroxylase with a subsequent decrease of phase II enzymes, glutathione-S-transferase and ..
- Regulation of long chain unsaturated fatty acid synthesis in yeastCharles E Martin
Rutgers University, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Nelson Laboratories, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8082, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:271-85. 2007..These are transferred to the enzyme via NADH cytochrome b5 reductase to the Ole1p cytochrome b5 domain and then to the diiron-oxo catalytic center of the enzyme...
- Translocation of the Dictyostelium TRAP1 homologue to mitochondria induces a novel prestarvation responseTsuyoshi Morita
Department of Developmental Biology and Neurosciences, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Cell Sci 117:5759-70. 2004..genes [dscA (discoidin I) and car1 (carA; cAMP receptor)], the expression of differentiation-associated genes (dia1 and dia3) induced by the prestarvation response were markedly repressed...
- Ascaris suum NADH-methemo(myo)globin reductase systems recovering differential functions of hemoglobin and myoglobin, adapting to environmental hypoxiaShinzaburo Takamiya
Department of Molecular and Cellular Parasitology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Parasitol Int 58:278-84. 2009..NADH-metmyoglobin reduction, where cytochrome b5 functions as an electron carrier between NADH-mediated cytochrome b5 reductase and substrates, methemo(myo)globins to reduce the nonfunctional globins back to functional ferrous hemo(..
- A rare cause of mental motor retardation: recessive congenital methemoglobinemia type IIDeniz Yuksel
Dr Sami Ulus Child Health and Diseases Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 51:187-9. 2009Recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM) is a very rare disorder caused by NADH- cytochrome b5 reductase (cytb5r) deficiency. It has been classified into four types...
- Pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis, and clinical implications of erythrocyte enzyme deficiencies in dogs, cats, and horsesJohn W Harvey
Department of Physiological Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 35:144-56. 2006..b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (Cb5R) deficiency in dogs and cats results in persistent methemoglobinemia and cyanotic mucous membranes...
- p23 and HSP20/alpha-crystallin proteins define a conserved sequence domain present in other eukaryotic protein familiesJ A Garcia-Ranea
Protein Design Group, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, 28049 Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 529:162-7. 2002..integrin beta1 domain; Rar1, related to pathogenic resistance in plants, and to development in animals; B5+B5R flavo-hemo cytochrome NAD(P)H oxidoreductase type B in humans and mice; and NudC, involved in nucleus migration ..
- Protection against lethal vaccinia virus challenge by using an attenuated matrix protein mutant vesicular stomatitis virus vaccine vector expressing poxvirus antigensCassandra L Braxton
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Virol 84:3552-61. 2010..Mice immunized intranasally with rM51R vectors expressing vaccinia virus antigens B5R and L1R were protected against lethal vaccinia virus challenge...
- Formins regulate the actin-related protein 2/3 complex-independent polarization of the centrosome to the immunological synapseTimothy S Gomez
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Immunity 26:177-90. 2007..Conversely, the actin-nucleating formins, Diaphanous-1 (DIA1) and Formin-like-1 (FMNL1), did not affect TCR-stimulated F-actin-rich structures, but instead displayed unique ..
- Dapsone-induced methemoglobinemia: a dose-related occurrence?Adam J Esbenshade
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and the Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer 117:3485-92. 2011..Absence of cytochrome b5 reductase enzyme activity causes congenital methemoglobinemia, but its role in dapsone-associated methemoglobinemia ..
- Multiple lines of evidence localize signaling, morphology, and lipid biosynthesis machinery to the mitochondrial outer membrane of ArabidopsisOwen Duncan
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Plant Physiol 157:1093-113. 2011..proteins previously inferred via orthology to be present in other compartments, such as an NADH:cytochrome B5 reductase required for hydroxyl fatty acid accumulation in developing seeds, were shown to be located in the outer ..
- Colon cancer chemopreventive efficacy of silibinin through perturbation of xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes in experimental ratsNagarajan Sangeetha
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, 608 002, Tamilnadu, India
Eur J Pharmacol 674:430-8. 2012..Rats exposed to DMH alone showed increased activities of phase I enzymes (cytochrome b5, cytochrome b5 reductase, cytochromeP450, cytochromeP450 reductase, cytochromP4502E1) and decreased activities of phase II enzymes ..
- B5-deficient vaccinia virus as a vaccine vector for the expression of a foreign antigen in vaccinia immune animalsKendra M Viner
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6073, USA
Virology 361:356-63. 2007..Importantly, we found that vaccination with a B5R deletion virus, followed by boosting with the Gag-expressing virus lacking the majority of the B5 ectodomain, ..
- Identification of Neurochondrin as a new interaction partner of the FH3 domain of the Diaphanous-related formin Dia1Eva M C Schwaibold
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 366, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:366-72. 2008..In this work, we show that Neurochondrin (NC) is a novel Dia1 interacting protein. NC specifically binds to the formin homology 3 (FH3), but not to the FH1 or FH2 domain of Dia1...
- Recessive congenital methaemoglobinaemia: cytochrome b(5) reductase deficiencyMelanie J Percy
Haematology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, UK
Br J Haematol 141:298-308. 2008..This disorder, now known as recessive congenital methaemoglobinaemia (RCM), is caused by NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb(5)r) deficiency...
- The induction of microsomal NADPH:cytochrome P450 and NADH:cytochrome b(5) reductases by long-term salt treatment of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) and bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) plantsLiliana Brankova
Department of Regulation of Plant Growth and Development, Acad M Popov Institute of Plant Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad G Bonchev Street, Bl 21, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Plant Physiol Biochem 45:691-5. 2007..6.2.4) and NADH:ferricytochrome b(5) oxidoreductase (B5R, EC 1.6.2...
- Cortactin activation by FVIIa/tissue factor and PAR2 promotes endothelial cell migrationTang Zhu
Department of Pediatrics, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital Research Centre, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R577-85. 2011..upregulated during the process; expression of HIF, actin polymerization nuclear diaphanous-related formin-1 and -2 (Dia1, and Dia2) were unaffected...
- Nano-mechanical properties of living cells expressing constitutively active RhoA effectorsKazushi Tamura
Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 403:363-7. 2010..Our data indicated that expression of a constitutively active mutant of Dia1, a formin-family actin polymerizer, enhanced cortical stiffness and increased actin filament quantity in cells...
- P450 redox enzymes in the white rot fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporium: gene transcription, heterologous expression, and activity analysis on the purified proteinsVenkataramanan Subramanian
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Curr Microbiol 61:306-14. 2010..the primary P450 oxidoreductase (POR) and two alternate P450 redox proteins cytochrome b5 (cyt b5) and cytochrome b5 reductase (cyt b5r) in terms of transcriptional regulation and heterologous expression...
- Combined ascorbate and glutathione deficiency leads to decreased cytochrome b5 expression and impaired reduction of sulfamethoxazole hydroxylamineSachin Bhusari
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1102, USA
Arch Toxicol 84:597-607. 2010..which is further reduced to the non-immunogenic parent compound by cytochrome b (5) (b5) and its reductase (b5R)...
- Recessive hereditary methemoglobinemia: two novel mutations in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase geneElisa Fermo
U O Ematologia 2, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via F Sforza, 35, 20122 Milano, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 41:50-5. 2008..and molecular characteristics of 6 new patients with recessive hereditary methemoglobinemia due to cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency...
- Requirement for formin-induced actin polymerization during spread of Shigella flexneriJason E Heindl
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Infect Immun 78:193-203. 2010..While the Shigella virulence protein IpgB2 can bind and activate Dia1 (N. M. Alto et al...
- Effects of aging on antioxidant response and phagocytosis in senescent erythrocytesMelina Luján Brajovich
Laboratorio de Inmunología e Inmunogenética, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Immunol Invest 38:551-9. 2009..Activities of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), of soluble NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5Rs) and membrane-bound b5R (b5Rm) were determined spectrophotometrically...
- [Establishment of a cellular model with human NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency via RNA interference]Yuepeng Zhuang
Center for Laboratory Medicine, the Second Minitary Medical University, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fuzhou, Fujian, 350025 People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 25:400-5. 2008To establish a cell line with human NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) deficiency via RNA interference (RNAi).
- CYTOCHROME B5--A CASE STUDY IN MOLECULAR RECOGNITIONMario Rivera; Fiscal Year: 1999..Interestingly, the E 1/2 of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase is -88 mV, and -102 mV in the presence of NAD...
- IRON AND OXYGEN CHEMISTRIES IN SIPUNCULAN BLOODDONALD KURTZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..Item (ii) refers to a system consisting of transfer of electrons in the sequence, NADH leads to NADH- cytochrome b5 reductase leads to cytochrome b5 leads to methemerythrin...
- ISOLATION OF ELONGATION ENZYMES & SITE OF SYNTHESISDOMINICK CINTI; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the beta-ketoacyl CoA reductase since this step requires electron input from cytochrome b5 via NADH cytochrome b5 reductase or NADPH cytochrome P-450 reductase...
- Thermodynamic Properties of NADH:Nitrate ReductaseMichael Barber; Fiscal Year: 2005..and mechanistic features with a variety of other flavin-, heme- and Mo-containing proteins including cytochrome b5 reductase, ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase, cytochrome b5 and sulfite oxidase...
- Biochemical Characterization of Cytochrome b5 Reductase in Candida albicansMARY JOLENE PATRICIA HOLLOWAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..One such enzyme, cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), has a high pharmacological significance owing to its role in fatty acid elongation, ergosterol (..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently shown that hydroxylamines are detoxified by the flavoprotein NADH cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) and the hemeprotein cytochrome b5 (cyt b5), through a novel, direct pathway of xenobiotic reduction...
- POXVIRUS SCR-CONTAINING PROTEINS AS THERAPEUTIC TARGETSSTUART ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The vaccinia complement-control protein (VCP) and the extracellular enveloped virus (EEV)-specific B5R protein both contain short consensus repeat (SCR) units present in complement regulatory proteins...
- VACCINIA B5R PROTEIN IN SPREAD IMMUNE EVASION, VACCINESSTUART ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The vaccinia B5R gene encodes a 42-kDa protein found on the membranes of extracellular virions and infected cells...
- Development of therapeutic antibodies for vaccinia virusGary Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2003..These are: 1) to express and characterize VV envelope proteins LIR, A33R and B5R in a baculovirus expression system and to prepare mouse and rabbit antibodies to those proteins; 2) to develop and ..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have discovered three novel genes that have strong homology to cytochrome b5 reductase. One of these genes is of particular interest since it encodes a 488 residue fusion protein which, on the ..
- LIPID METABOLISM AND MEMBRANE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONMichael Glaser; Fiscal Year: 1990..The properties of D-Beta-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase will be examined in order to determine how lipids interact with them and affect their activity...
- STRUCTURE-FUNCTION STUDIES ON MICROSOMAL MEMBRANESPHILIPP STRITTMATTER; Fiscal Year: 1992..transport enzymes of endoplasmic reticulum involving cytochrome b5 interactions with two electron donors, cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome P-450 reductase and mainly one of a number of electron acceptors, stearyl-CoA desaturase...
- Dose Optimization, Production & Tox Testing of Replicon-Vaccines for SmallpoxKurt Kamrud; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary studies have identified four candidate vaccinia virus (VACV) genes A33R, B5R, A27L and L1R (4pox) that when expressed in animals, elicit a protective immune response...
- Development of an VEE Replicon Vaccine Against SmallpoxKurt Kamrud; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific aims are (1) to construct VRP vaccines expressing VACV L1R, A33R, B5R and A27L genes (4pox) using GMP-compliant plasmid vectors and generate VACV-specific reagents, (2) to evaluate ..
- PRODRUGS TARGETING HYPOXIC TUMOR CELLSAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 2000..A determination of the role of NADPH:cytochrome C (P450) reductase, NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase and DT-diaphorase in the reductive action of the prodrug, employing purified enzymes and cells ..
- Dev. of Optimized/Adjuvanted Smallpox DNA Vaccine (Gene Gun)T C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among the poxvirus-encoded proteins, four membrane proteins (A33R, B5R, L1R and A27L) (called 4-pox vaccine) have been shown to generate protective neutralizing antibody responses and ..
- Cocktail of Neutralizing MAbs for Smallpox PreventionJEFFREY NORDSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2009..The specific targets of the MAbs in this proposal are B5R and A33R (EEV-specific proteins) and A27L and L1R (IMV-specific proteins)...