Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP4V2
Description: cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily V, polypeptide 2
Alias: BCD, CYP4AH1, cytochrome P450 4V2
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy is caused by mutations in the novel gene CYP4V2Anren Li
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:817-26. 2004..by D4S2924 by linkage and haplotype analysis; mutations were found in the novel CYP450 family member CYP4V2 in 23 of 25 unrelated patients with BCD tested...
- An atypical form of Bietti crystalline dystrophySettimio Rossi
Department of Ophthalmology, Second University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
Ophthalmic Genet 32:118-21. 2011..To describe clinical and functional features of a patient with Bietti crystalline dystrophy and atypical electroretinogram responses...
- Novel mutations in the CYP4V2 gene associated with Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyMinghua Shan
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 11:738-43. 2005..Recently mutations in a new gene CYP4V2, encoding a protein belonging to a novel member of the cytochrome P450 family, have been identified as the cause ..
- Identification of CYP4V2 mutation in 21 families and overview of mutation spectrum in Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyXueshan Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:181-6. 2011..BCD is caused by CYP4V2 mutations...
- Clinical and molecular findings in three Lebanese families with Bietti crystalline dystrophy: report on a novel mutationNour Maya N Haddad
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Mol Vis 18:1182-8. 2012..rare autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutation of the cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily V, polypeptide 2 (CYP4V2) gene and characterized by retinal pigmentary abnormalities and scattered deposits of crystals in the retina and ..
- Finding homes for orphan cytochrome P450s: CYP4V2 and CYP4F22 in disease statesEdward J Kelly
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Interv 11:124-32. 2011..Human CYP4V2 and CYP4F22 are two such orphan P450s that are strongly linked to ocular andskin disease, respectively...
- Molecular screening of the CYP4V2 gene in Bietti crystalline dystrophy that is associated with choroidal neovascularizationGandra Mamatha
SN ONGC Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Mol Vis 17:1970-7. 2011..The disease is caused by mutation in the cytochrome p450, family 4, subfamily v, polypeptide 2 (CYP4V2) gene. Choroidal neovascularization (CNV) is a rare event in BCD. We report two cases of BCD associated with CNV...
- Genotype phenotype analysis of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy in patients with CYP4V2 mutationsTimothy Y Y Lai
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5212-20. 2007To evaluate the genotypic and phenotypic correlations of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy (BCD) in patients with the CYP4V2 gene by mutation screening and clinical and electrophysiological assessment.
- Clinical and molecular findings in three Japanese patients with crystalline retinopathyZi Bing Jin
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:426-31. 2006To identify CYP4V2 mutations in three unrelated Japanese patients with Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD).
- Characterization of Bietti crystalline dystrophy patients with CYP4V2 mutationsKelvin Y C Lee
Singapore National Eye Centre
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3812-6. 2005Mutations of the CYP4V2 gene, a novel family member of the cytochrome P450 genes on chromosome 4q35, have recently been identified in patients with Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD)...
- Screening for mutations in CYP4V2 gene in Japanese patients with Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyYuko Wada
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 77, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 139:894-9. 2005To describe the clinical and genetic characteristics of six Japanese families with Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD).
- CYP4V2 mutations in two Japanese patients with Bietti's crystalline dystrophyTamaki Gekka
Department of Ophthalmology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ophthalmic Res 37:262-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to report mutations in the CYP4V2 gene (encoding a ubiquitously-expressed 525-amino acid sequence belonging to the CYP450 family) and to investigate ..
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of clustered genes encoding beta-hydroxybutyryl-coenzyme A (CoA) dehydrogenase, crotonase, and butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase from Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824Z L Boynton
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, The Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005 1892, USA
J Bacteriol 178:3015-24. 1996The enzymes beta-hydroxybutyryl-coenzyme A (CoA) dehydrogenase (BHBD), crotonase, and butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (BCD) from Clostridium acetobutylicum are responsible for the formation of butyryl-CoA from acetoacetyl-CoA...
- Involvement of NADH:acceptor oxidoreductase and butyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase in reversed electron transport during syntrophic butyrate oxidation by Syntrophomonas wolfeiNicolai Müller
Fachbereich Biologie, Universitat Konstanz, Constance, Germany
J Bacteriol 191:6167-77. 2009..Furthermore, purification of butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (Bcd) activity and peptide mass fingerprinting revealed two Bcd proteins different from the Bcd subunit of the Bcd/..
- Use of modified Lactobacillus selective medium and Bifidobacterium iodoacetate medium for differential enumeration of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium spp. in powdered nutritional productsS C Ingham
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Food Science, 53706 1565, USA
J Food Prot 62:77-80. 1999..5 mg iodoacetic acid/liter; mBIM) was compared to MRS agar + bile, cysteine, and dicloxacillin (MRS + BCD) for enumerating Bifidobacterium infantis or Bifidobacterium lactis in the nutritional products...
- Expression of selected T-cell antigens in the skin infiltration in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomasD Wojnowska
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 56:237-42. 2001..Cases of benign chronic skin disorders (BCD) were included in control group...
- High-performance liquid chromatography coupled to enzyme-amplified biochemical detection for the analysis of hemoglobin after pre-column biotinylationM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 886:19-29. 2000The determination of proteins with enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) coupled on-line with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is demonstrated. The EA-BCD system was developed to detect biotin-containing compounds...
- Identification and hepatic expression profiles of cytochrome P450 1-4 isozymes in common minke whales (Balaenoptera acutorostrata)Satoko Niimi
Center for Marine Environmental Studies CMES, Ehime University, Bunkyo cho 2 5, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 147:667-81. 2007..high identities with cattle CYP2C86 (83%), pig CYP2E1 (85%), sheep CYP3A24 (82%), pig CYP4A21 (80%), and human CYP4V2 (76%), respectively...
- Enzyme amplification as detection tool in continuous-flow systems. II. On-line coupling of liquid chromatography to enzyme-amplified biochemical detection after pre-column derivatization with biotinM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 855:397-409. 1999Enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) was used as a post-column detection technique, coupled on-line with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Inhibition of three selected beverage extracts on alpha-glucosidase and rapid identification of their active compounds using HPLC-DAD-MS/MS and biochemical detectionDe Qiang Li
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
J Agric Food Chem 58:6608-13. 2010..online liquid chromatography-diode array detection-tandem mass spectrometry and biochemical detection (LC-DAD-MS/MS-BCD) was developed to screen and identify alpha-glucosidase inhibitors from selected beverage extracts, including pu-..
- Influence of supplemental dietary poultry fat, phytase, and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol on the performance of commercial layers inoculated before or at the onset of lay with F-strain Mycoplasma gallisepticumS W Park
Department of Poultry Science, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State 39762, USA
Poult Sci 89:910-6. 2010..were administered at 12 (before lay) and 22 (early in lay) wk and dietary treatments [basal control diet (BCD), BCD with 0.75% supplemental PF, BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF, and BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF, 0...
- Blood pressure in relation to biomarkers of lead, cadmium, copper, zinc, and selenium in men without occupational exposure to metalsS Telisman
Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Environ Res 87:57-68. 2001..BPb), activity of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD), erythrocyte protoporphyrin (EP), blood cadmium (BCd), serum copper (SCu), serum zinc (SZn), serum selenium (SSe), hematocrit (Hct), body mass index (BMI), age, smoking ..
- Expression of Clostridium acetobutylicum butanol synthetic genes in Escherichia coliMasayuki Inui
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Kizugawa, Kyoto, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1305-16. 2008A recombinant butanol pathway composed of Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824 genes, thiL, hbd, crt, bcd-etfB-etfA, and adhe1 (or adhe) coding for acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase (THL), beta-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (HBD), 3-..
- Lead effect on blood pressure in moderately lead-exposed male workersSpomenka Telisman
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Am J Ind Med 45:446-54. 2004..The effect of lead (Pb) and potential confounding variables on blood pressure was examined in healthy male industrial workers 20-43 years of age...
- Binding of N-acetylglucosamine oligosaccharides to hen egg-white lysozyme: a powder diffraction studyR B Von Dreele
XPS IPNS Divisions, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:22-32. 2005..The NAG2 ligand was found in the BC sites in the cleft of HEWL, NAG3 was found to bind in both the ABC and BCD sites in the ratio 35:65 and NAG4 and NAG5 bound to the ABCD and ABCDE sites, respectively, while NAG6 only bound ..
- Pathology of Hematodinium infections in snow crabs (Chionoecetes opilio) from Newfoundland, CanadaKersten Wheeler
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, School of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, VA 23062, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 95:93-100. 2007Bitter crab disease (BCD) of snow crabs, Chionoecetes opilio, is caused by a parasitic dinoflagellate, Hematodinium sp...
- Cholesterol is essential for macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta binding and conformational integrity of CC chemokine receptor 5Dzung H Nguyen
Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Blood 99:4298-306. 2002..We found that cholesterol extraction by hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (BCD) significantly reduced the binding and signaling of macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta (MIP-1 beta) using CCR5-..
- Empty spiracles, a gap gene containing a homeobox involved in Drosophila head developmentU Walldorf
Department of Cell Biology, University of Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 11:2247-59. 1992..The early expression of the ems gene is controlled by the anterior morphogen bicoid (bcd). Using a gene fusion we identified a cis-acting element which is a target for the bcd gene product...
- Inhibition of expression of P-selectin by antioxidant in cholesterol-fed ratsC S Lee
Department of Pathology, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Taejon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 14:8-14. 1999..5% cholesterol and 0.1% sodium cholate (CD), or the CD diet containing 0.5% BHT (BCD). Rats were sacrificed after 3 days, and after 1, 2, 4, 10, and 17 weeks of dietary treatment...
- Development of a liquid chromatography-based screening methodology for proteolytic enzyme activityNils Helge Schebb
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Anorganische und Analytische Chemie, Corrensstrasse 30, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1216:4407-15. 2009..detection of the responsible enzymes by means of liquid chromatography hyphenated online to biochemical detection (BCD)...
- Null allele at Bcd-1 locus in BALB/cByJ mice is due to a deletion in the short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase gene and results in missplicing of mRNAM E Hinsdale
Department of Comparative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 0019
Genomics 16:605-11. 1993..Both abnormal transcripts have aberrant stop codons. These results demonstrate the molecular basis of SCAD deficiency in this unique mouse model...
- Rapid screening for depression--validation of the Brief Case-Find for Depression (BCD) in medical oncology and palliative care patientsM Jefford
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Victoria 8006, Australia
Br J Cancer 91:900-6. 2004..Screening can increase case recognition. The Brief Case-Find for Depression (BCD) is a four-question, interviewer-administered instrument that has been previously validated in a general medical ..
- Characterization and transcription of the genes involved in butyrate production in Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens type I and II strainsNarito Asanuma
Department of Life Science, College of Agriculture, Meiji University, Higashimita, Tama ku, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
Curr Microbiol 51:91-4. 2005..from acetyl-CoA to butyryl-CoA, thl (thiolase), crt (crotonase), hbd (beta-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase), bcd (butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase), etfB (electron transfer flavoprotein [ETF]-beta), and etfA (ETF-alpha), were found to ..
- Cadmium-related mortality and long-term secular trends in the cadmium body burden of an environmentally exposed populationTim S Nawrot
Studies Coordinating Centre, Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Environ Health Perspect 116:1620-8. 2008..Few population studies have reported on the long-term changes in the internal cadmium dose and simultaneously occurring mortality...
- Reconstructing the clostridial n-butanol metabolic pathway in Lactobacillus brevisOksana V Berezina
State Research Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms, 1st Dorojniy pr 1, 117545, Moscow, Russian Federation
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:635-46. 2010..The genes crt, bcd, etfB, etfA, and hbd, composing the bcs-operon, and the thl gene encode the enzymes of the lower part of the ..
- Epidemiology of bitter crab disease (Hematodinium sp.) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio from Newfoundland, CanadaJeffrey D Shields
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Virginia 23062, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 64:253-64. 2005The parasitic dinoflagellate Hematodinium sp. causes a condition known as bitter crab disease (BCD) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio and Tanner crabs C. bairdi...
- Epidemiological determinants in outbreaks of bitter crab disease (Hematodinium sp.) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio from Conception Bay, Newfoundland, CanadaJeffrey D Shields
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Virginia 23062, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 77:61-72. 2007Bitter crab disease (BCD) is caused by Hematodinium sp., an endoparasitic dinoflagellate. It lives within the hemocoeloms of snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio and Tanner crabs C. bairdi, making them unmarketable due to their bitter flavor...
- Mutation of Escherichia coli cytosine deaminase significantly enhances molecular chemotherapy of human gliomaS A Kaliberov
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Gene Ther 14:1111-9. 2007..We have developed an Ad vector encoding a mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) gene (AdbCD-D314A), which has a higher affinity for cytosine than wild-type bCD (bCDwt)...
- Localized maternal orthodenticle patterns anterior and posterior in the long germ wasp NasoniaJeremy A Lynch
Center for Developmental Genetics, NYU Biology, 100 Washington Square East New York, New York 10003, USA
Nature 439:728-32. 2006The Bicoid (Bcd) gradient in Drosophila has long been a model for the action of a morphogen in establishing embryonic polarity. However, it is now clear that bcd is a unique feature of higher Diptera...
- A comparison of bicarbonate hemodialysis, hemodiafiltration, and acetate-free biofiltration on cytokine productionTerumi Higuchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 170 0032, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 8:460-7. 2004..of this study was to investigate the difference of cytokine production by conventional bicarbonate hemodialysis (BCD), standard HDF and AFB in the same patients...
- The PucC protein of Rhodobacter capsulatus mitigates an inhibitory effect of light-harvesting 2 alpha and beta proteins on light-harvesting complex 1Paul R Jaschke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z3
Photosynth Res 95:279-84. 2008..genes, and homologues in other photosynthetic organisms, have been classified as the bacteriochlorophyll delivery (BCD) family of the major facilitator superfamily...
- Characterization of a cyclodextrinoligonucleotide complex by capillary electrophoresis using laser-induced fluorescenceJeffrey W Guthrie
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Pharm Pharm Sci 10:246-55. 2007....
- Target selectivity of bicoid is dependent on nonconsensus site recognition and protein-protein interactionC Zhao
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:8112-23. 2000We describe experiments to compare the activities of two Drosophila homeodomain proteins, Bicoid (Bcd) and an altered-specificity mutant of Fushi tarazu, Ftz(Q50K)...
- DNA ploidy abnormalities in basal and superficial regions of the crypts in Barrett's esophagus and associated neoplastic lesionsXiaoqi Zhang
Departments of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, West Roxbury, MA 02132, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1327-35. 2008..01) from nondysplastic BE to basal crypt dysplasia (BCD), low-grade dysplasia (LGD), high-grade dysplasia (HGD), and adenocarcinoma (AC)...
- Molecular chemotherapy of pancreatic cancer using novel mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase geneLyudmila N Kaliberova
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, WTI 674, Birmingham, AL 35294 6832, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2845-54. 2008..We have developed an adenoviral vector (AdbCD-D314A) encoding a mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) gene, which converts the prodrug 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC) into the active drug 5-fluorouracil...
- Bacterial cytosine deaminase mutants created by molecular engineering show improved 5-fluorocytosine-mediated cell killing in vitro and in vivoMichi Fuchita
School of Molecular Biosciences and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6534, USA
Cancer Res 69:4791-9. 2009..we reported individual point mutations within the substrate binding pocket of bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) that result in marginal improvements in the ability to sensitize cells to 5-fluorocytosine (5FC)...
- Anterior repression of a Drosophila stripe enhancer requires three position-specific mechanismsLuiz Paulo Moura Andrioli
Department of Biology, New York University, 1009 Main Building, 100 Washington Square East, New York 10003 6688, USA
Development 129:4931-40. 2002..The enhancer for eve stripe 2 (eve 2) is directly activated by the morphogens Bicoid (Bcd) and Hunchback (Hb)...
- Air-handling capabilities of blood cardioplegia delivery systems in a simulated pediatric modelDavid Palanzo
Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Artif Organs 34:950-4. 2010..following cardioplegia delivery systems: GISH Vision, Maquet Plegiox, Medtronic Trillium MYOtherm XP, Sorin Group BCD Vanguard, Sorin Group CSC14, and Terumo Sarns Conducer and Bubble Trap. The 0.25-in...
- Bridge to dentistry: one dental school's approach to improving its enrollment of underrepresented minoritiesErnestine S Brooks
Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Am Coll Dent 69:23-30. 2002..53%. This trend is evident at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD)...
- Expression and characterization of CYP4V2 as a fatty acid omega-hydroxylaseMariko Nakano
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7610, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:2119-22. 2009Bietti's crystalline dystrophy is an ocular disease that is strongly associated with polymorphisms in the CYP4V2 gene...
- Bicoid functions without its TATA-binding protein-associated factor interaction domainsV Schaeffer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, Box 151, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4461-6. 1999..The key component of the anterior system is the homeodomain protein Bicoid (Bcd)...
- Bifunctional chimeric SuperCD suicide gene -YCD: YUPRT fusion is highly effective in a rat hepatoma modelFlorian Graepler
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Clinic Tubingen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 11:6910-9. 2005..To investigate the effects of catalytically superior gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy systems on a rat hepatoma model...
- [Stricture recanalisation of the distal urether with various endoprothesis]A Mladenovic
Centar za radiologiju, Odeljenje KCS, Beograd
Acta Chir Iugosl 57:61-4. 2010..of continous development of the new generation methods percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN), ballon catheter dilatation (BCD), methal and covered stent application...
- Blood and urine cadmium, blood pressure, and hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysisCarolyn M Gallagher
Doctoral Program in Population Health and Clinical Outcomes Research, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1676-84. 2010..Cadmium exposure has been inconsistently related to blood pressure...
- Enzyme amplification as detection tool in continuous-flow systems. I. Development of an enzyme-amplified biochemical detection system coupled on-line to flow-injection analysisM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 855:383-96. 1999The on-line coupling of flow-injection analysis (FIA) to an enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) system is described...
- The genome of Clostridium kluyveri, a strict anaerobe with unique metabolic featuresHenning Seedorf
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2128-33. 2008..energy-converting NADH:ferredoxin oxidoreductase (RnfCDGEAB) and a cytoplasmic butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase complex (Bcd/EtfAB) coupling the reduction of crotonyl-CoA to butyryl-CoA with the reduction of ferredoxin represent a new ..
- Structure and binding of peptide-dendrimer ligands to vitamin B12Nicolas A Uhlich
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Bern, Freiestrasse 3, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Chembiochem 11:358-65. 2010..Substituting glutamates (E) for glutamines (Q) in the outer branches of B1 to form N3 (AcQS)8(BQA)4(B-Amb-Y)(2)BCD-NH2 leads to stronger (K(a)=12.0 x 10(6) M(-1)) but slower (k(2)=67 M(-1) s(-1)) cobalamin binding...
- Imperforate anus is a rare associated finding in blepharocheilodontic syndromeK Nicole Weaver
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:438-40. 2010Blepharocheilodontic (BCD) syndrome is a rare autosomal-dominant condition that is characterized by lower eyelid ectropion, upper eyelid distichiasis, euryblepharon, bilateral cleft lip and palate, and conical teeth...
- Blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome: case reportAkihiko Iida
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 2 5274 Gakkocho dori, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:237-43. 2006To report a case of blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome, to compare with the previous cases, and to discuss the possible treatment.
- Nanoplex delivery of siRNA and prodrug enzyme for multimodality image-guided molecular pathway targeted cancer therapyCong Li
JHU ICMIC Program, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, United States
ACS Nano 4:6707-16. 2010..up-regulated in aggressive breast cancer cells, was combined with the prodrug enzyme bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) that converts the nontoxic prodrug 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC) to cytotoxic 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)...
- Multiple steps in the localization of bicoid RNA to the anterior pole of the Drosophila oocyteD St Johnston
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abteilung Genetik, Tubingen, FRG
Development 107:13-9. 1989The anterior region of the Drosophila embryonic pattern is determined by a gradient of the bicoid (bcd) protein. The correct formation of this gradient requires the localization of bcd RNA to the anterior pole of the egg...
- Effects of cadmium on forearm bone density after reduction of exposure for 10 years in a Chinese populationXiao Chen
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Fudan University, 200032, Shanghai, China
Environ Int 35:1164-8. 2009..Samples of urine and blood were collected for determination of cadmium in urine (UCd) and blood (BCd)...
- Organic substrate quality as the link between bacterioplankton carbon demand and growth efficiency in a temperate salt-marsh estuaryJude K Apple
Horn Point Laboratory, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Cambridge, MD, USA
ISME J 1:729-42. 2007..Studies of bacterioplankton carbon demand (BCD) and growth efficiency (BGE) frequently report higher values in more productive systems, suggesting these aspects ..
- Enhancer sequences influence the role of the amino-terminal domain of bicoid in transcriptionDechen Fu
Graduate Program in Molecular and Developmental Biology, Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4439-48. 2003Bicoid (Bcd) is a Drosophila melanogaster morphogenetic gradient that controls embryonic patterning by activating target gene expression in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Spectral OCT analysis in Bietti crystalline dystrophyDavid Gaucher
Service d Ophtalmologie du Nouvel Hopital Civil, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg Cedex France
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:612-4. 2010To report the analysis of the cornea and the macular retina using both time domain (TD-OCT) and Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (FD-OCT) in a case of Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD).
- Fracture of bony lamellae within the frontal recess after balloon catheter dilatationAyesha N Khalid
Division of Rhinology, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:55-9. 2010The precise manner in which balloon catheter dilatation (BCD) alters the dimensions of the frontal recess and frontal sinus outflow tract is not well characterized...
- Identification of a new C28H14 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon as a product of supercritical fuel pyrolysis: Tribenzo[cd,ghi,lm]peryleneJennifer W McClaine
Department of Chemical Engineering, Louisiana State University, South Stadium Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Chromatogr A 1138:175-83. 2007..phenanthro[5,4,3,2-efghi]perylene, benzo[cd]naphtho[3,2,1,8-pqra]perylene, and benzo[pqr]naphtho[8,1,2-bcd]perylene--have already been identified as supercritical pyrolysis products by matching their UV spectra with those ..
- Spatial bistability generates hunchback expression sharpness in the Drosophila embryoFrancisco J P Lopes
Department of Applied Mathematics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000184. 2008..the hunchback (hb) gene at midembryo, in response to local concentrations of the smooth anterior-posterior Bicoid (Bcd) gradient...
- Enhanced immune response to pneumococcal infection in malnourished mice nasally treated with heat-killed Lactobacillus caseiJulio Villena
Reference Center for Lactobacilli CERELA CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
Microbiol Immunol 53:636-46. 2009..Weaned mice were malnourished after consuming a PFD for 21 days. Malnourished mice were fed a BCD for 7 days or BCD for 7 days with viable or non-viable L...
- A novel sample preparation and on-line HPLC-DAD-MS/MS-BCD analysis for rapid screening and characterization of specific enzyme inhibitors in herbal extracts: Case study of α-glucosidaseD Q Li
State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 88:130-5. 2014..liquid chromatography-diode array detection-tandem mass spectrometry and biochemical detection (HPLC-DAD-MS/MS-BCD) was performed to rapidly screen and characterize α-glucosidase inhibitors in these four extracts...
- Fibronectin-binding proteins of Staphylococcus aureus mediate activation of human platelets via fibrinogen and fibronectin bridges to integrin GPIIb/IIIa and IgG binding to the FcgammaRIIa receptorJ Ross Fitzgerald
Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Microbiol 59:212-30. 2006..Truncated derivatives of FnBPA, presenting either the fibrinogen-binding A domain or the fibronectin-binding BCD region, each promoted platelet activation when expressed on the surface of S...
- Genetics and ontogeny of butyryl CoA dehydrogenase in the mouse and linkage of Bcd-1 with Dao-1T L Seeley
Biochem Genet 19:333-45. 1981..for fatty acyl CoA dehydrogenase and used to examine the electrophoretic properties of butyryl CoA dehydrogenase (BCD) from mouse tissues. A single form of BCD is present in extracts of liver, kidney, heart, and intestine...
- Removal of heavy metals from waste waters by vermiculitesE Alvarez-Ayuso
Department of Environmental Geochemistry, IRNASA, CSIC, Apto 257, Salamanca, Spain
Environ Technol 24:615-25. 2003..the sorption processes well, showing the maximum sorption capacities of natural vermiculite to be high enough (bCd = 26.0 mg g(-1); performed bCd = 23.5 mg g(-1); bNi = 19...
- Radical and palladium-catalyzed cyclizations to cyclobutenes: an entry to the BCD ring system of penitrem DAlexey Rivkin
Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Org Chem 69:3719-25. 2004A novel approach toward the synthesis of the BCD ring system of penitrem D is described...
- [Evolutionary theories of asymmetrization of organisms, brain and body]V A Geodakian
Usp Fiziol Nauk 36:24-53. 2005..of elements of unitary systems (US) inevitably transfrorms them into the binary connected differentiations (BCD)...
- Relationship between molecular structure and electron targets in the electroreduction of benzocarbazolediones and anilinenaphthoquinones. Experimental and theoretical studyN Macías-Ruvalcaba
Instituto de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico D F, Mexico
J Org Chem 67:3673-81. 2002We report the synthesis and voltamperometric reduction of 5H-benzo[b]carbazole-6,11-dione (BCD) and its 2-R-substituted derivatives (R = -OMe, -Me, -COMe, -CF(3))...
- Nasally administered Lactobacillus rhamnosus accelerate the recovery of humoral immunity in B lymphocyte-deficient malnourished miceNatalia Barbieri
Reference Centre for Lactobacilli CERELA CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
J Nutr 143:227-35. 2013..Malnourished mice were fed a balanced conventional diet (BCD) for 7 d (BCD group) or a BCD for 7 d with supplemental L...
- Modulation of the immuno-coagulative response in a pneumococcal infection in malnourished mice nasally treated with Lactobacillus caseiHortensia Zelaya
Bioquímica Clínica I, Instituto de Bioquímica Aplicada, Facultad de Bioquimica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
J Med Microbiol 62:145-54. 2013..Malnourished mice were fed a balanced conventional diet (BCD) for 7 days (BCD group) or a BCD for 7 days with nasal administration of viable L...
- A system of repressor gradients spatially organizes the boundaries of Bicoid-dependent target genesHongtao Chen
Department of Biology, New York University, 100 Washington Square East, New York, NY 10003, USA
Cell 149:618-29. 2012The homeodomain (HD) protein Bicoid (Bcd) is thought to function as a gradient morphogen that positions boundaries of target genes via threshold-dependent activation mechanisms...
- Antitumor effects of genetically engineered stem cells expressing yeast cytosine deaminase in lung cancer brain metastases via their tumor-tropic propertiesBo Rim Yi
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 27:1823-8. 2012..Cytosine deaminase (CD), one of the suicide genes, originating from bacterial (bCD) or yeast (yCD), which can convert the non-toxic prodrug, 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC), into 5-fluorouracil (..
- Comparative modeling and molecular docking of orphan human CYP4V2 protein with fatty acid substrates: Insights into substrate specificitySuresh Kumar
Department of Bioinformatics, School of Biotechnology and Health Sciences, Karunya University, Coimbatore 641114, Tamil Nadu, India
Bioinformation 7:360-5. 2011..b>CYP4V2 is found to be a potential drug target for Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD)...
- Exome sequencing identifies compound heterozygous mutations in CYP4V2 in a pedigree with retinitis pigmentosaYun Wang
Ophthalmic Laboratories and Department of Ophthalmology, Translational Neuroscience Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e33673. 2012..Compound heterozygous c.802-8_810del17insGC and c.1091-2A>G mutations of the CYP4V2 gene, known as genetic defects for Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy, were identified as causative ..
- Host determinants of HIV-1 control in African AmericansKimberly Pelak
Center for Human Genome Variation, Duke University Medical School, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1141-9. 2010....
- Shaping a morphogen gradient for positional precisionFeng He
Division of Biomedical Informatics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Biophys J 99:697-707. 2010..Here, we compare the positional precision provided by the Drosophila morphogenetic protein Bicoid (Bcd) in wild-type (wt) embryos with embryos lacking an interacting cofactor...
- Low-frequency vibrational spectrum of water around cyclodextrin and its methyl-substituted derivativesMadhurima Jana
Molecular Modeling Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721302, India
Langmuir 26:14097-102. 2010..spectrum of water present in the surrounding hydration layers and inside the cavities of beta-cyclodextrin (BCD) and its di- and trimethyl substituted derivatives, namely, heptakis(2,6-di-O-methyl)-beta-cyclodextrin (DIMEB) and ..
- Trans- and cis-acting requirements for blastodermal expression of the head gap gene buttonheadE A Wimmer
Abteilung Molekulare Entwicklungsbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Gottingen, Germany
Mech Dev 53:235-45. 1995..Expression of the btd head stripe depends on the anterior morphogen encoded by the gene bicoid (bcd)...
- Influence of supplemental dietary poultry fat, phytase, and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol on the egg characteristics of commercial layers inoculated before or at the onset of lay with F-strain Mycoplasma gallisepticumE D Peebles
Department of Poultry Science, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
Poult Sci 89:2078-82. 2010..were administered at 12 (before lay) and 22 (onset of lay) wk and 4 dietary treatments [basal control diet (BCD); BCD with 0.75% supplemental PF; BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF; BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF, 0.013% PHY, and 0...
- Separation performance and recognition mechanism of mono(6-deoxy-imino)-beta-cyclodextrins chiral stationary phases in high-performance liquid chromatographyZhi Ming Zhou
School of Chemical Engineering and the Environment, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
Talanta 82:775-84. 2010..to form a series of imino-modified beta-cyclodextrin derivatives: mono(6-deoxy-phenylimino)-beta-cyclodextrin (BCD), mono(6-deoxy-isopropylimino)-beta-cyclodextrin (YBCD), mono(6-deoxy-N-1-phenylethylimino)-beta-cyclodextrin (R-,S-..
- A compartmental model for the bicoid gradientMichail E Kavousanakis
Department of Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
Dev Biol 345:12-7. 2010..of the Drosophila embryo is patterned by the concentration gradient of the homeodomain transcription factor bicoid (Bcd)...
- The gap protein knirps mediates both quenching and direct repression in the Drosophila embryoD N Arnosti
Department of Biology, UCSD, La Jolla 92093 0347, USA
EMBO J 15:3659-66. 1996..the knirps orphan receptor (kni) may repress transcription via competition, and exclude the binding of the bicoid (bcd) activator to an overlapping site in a target promoter...
- Theoretical concepts of on-line liquid chromatographic-biochemical detection systems. II. Detection systems based on labelled affinity proteinsA J Oostercamp
Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 787:37-46. 1997A theoretical concept for on-line liquid chromatography-biochemical detection (LC-BCD) using labelled affinity proteins as reporter molecules is presented...
- In vivo analyses of cytoplasmic transport and cytoskeletal organization during Drosophila oogenesis: characterization of a multi-step anterior localization pathwayW E Theurkauf
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology and the Institute for Cell and Developmental Biology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Development 125:3655-66. 1998Anterior patterning of the Drosophila embryo depends on localization of bicoid (bcd) mRNA to the anterior pole of the developing oocyte, and bcd mRNA localization requires both the exuperantia (exu) gene and an intact microtubule ..
- Preparation and in vitro, in vivo characterization of elastic liposomes encapsulating cyclodextrin-colchicine complexes for topical delivery of colchicineHardevinder Pal Singh
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, India
Yakugaku Zasshi 130:397-407. 2010..Colchicine beta cyclodextrin (BCD) complex was prepared by freeze-drying method and complex formation was confirmed by NMR and in vitro drug release ..
- The Drosophila semushi mutation blocks nuclear import of bicoid during embryogenesisJ L Epps
Molecular and Cell Biology Program, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Curr Biol 8:1277-80. 1998The maternal transcript of the anterior segmentation gene bicoid (bcd) is localized at the anterior pole of the Drosophila egg and translated to form a gradient in the nuclei of the syncytial blastoderm embryo after fertilization [1-3]...
- Staufen protein associates with the 3'UTR of bicoid mRNA to form particles that move in a microtubule-dependent mannerD Ferrandon
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 79:1221-32. 1994Staufen protein is required in order to anchor bicoid (bcd) mRNA at the anterior pole of the Drosophila egg...
- Direct control of transcription of the Drosophila morphogen bicoid by the serendipity delta zinc finger protein, as revealed by in vivo analysis of a finger swapF Payre
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 9925 du Centre National de le Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Genes Dev 8:2718-28. 1994..of the anterior structures of the Drosophila embryo is under control of the maternal gene product Bicoid (bcd), which specifies distinct domains of embryonic gene expression in a concentration-dependent manner...
- New gene variants associated with venous thrombosis: a replication study in White and Black AmericansH Austin
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:489-95. 2011..We evaluated 10 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) identified in three European case-control studies as risk factors for venous thrombosis...
- Changes in the basal cell density in pig skin after single radiation doses with different dose ratesJ Nyman
Department of Oncology, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska Hospital, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:753-9. 1991Radiation-induced changes in the basal cell density (BCD) and the labelling index (LI) in the epidermis of pig skin were used to compare the effect of high and low dose rate irradiation. Single doses of 6, 12 and 24 Gy were applied at 1...
- The removal of some rare earth elements from their aqueous solutions on by-pass cement dust (BCD)O I M Ali
Faculty of Science, Helwan University, Ain Helwan, Cairo, Egypt
J Hazard Mater 195:62-7. 2011..gadolinium (Gd(3+)), samarium (Sm(3+)) and lutetium (Lu(3+)) from their aqueous solutions by by-pass cement dust (BCD) has been investigated using a batch technique...
- bicoid mRNA localization signal: phylogenetic conservation of function and RNA secondary structureP M Macdonald
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, CA 94305
Development 110:161-71. 1990Transcripts of the bicoid (bcd) gene are localized to the anterior pole of the Drosophila oocyte, thereby allowing formation in the embryo of an anteroposterior gradient of the bcd protein morphogen...
- Method of all-optical frequency encoded decimal to binary and binary coded decimal, binary to gray, and gray to binary data conversion using semiconductor optical amplifiersSisir Kumar Garai
Department of Physics, M U C Women s College, Burdwan, West Bengal, 713104, India
Appl Opt 50:3795-807. 2011..There are many binary code systems to represent decimal numbers, the most common being the binary coded decimal (BCD) and gray code system...
- REGULATED MRNA TRANSLATION IN DROSOPHILA BODY PATTERNINGPaul MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2003..The anterior morphogen of the Drosophila embryos is bicoid (bcd) and the posterior patterning is controlled by oskar (osk) and nanos (nos)...
- Translational repressors in Drosophila developmentRobin P Wharton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our experiments suggest that the NRE may mediate regulation of bcd mRNA during post- embryonic development, a hypothesis that will be tested in this proposal...
- EVC2: A novel modulator in tooth developmentYoshiyuki Mochida; Fiscal Year: 2009..A causative gene, LIMBIN for bovine chondrodysplastic dwarfism (bcd) found in Japanese brown cattle was later identified as the bovine ortholog of EVC2, indicating the significance of ..
- EVC2: A novel modulator in tooth developmentYoshiyuki Mochida; Fiscal Year: 2010..A causative gene, LIMBIN for bovine chondrodysplastic dwarfism (bcd) found in Japanese brown cattle was later identified as the bovine ortholog of EVC2, indicating the significance of ..
- Improved Suicide Gene Therapy for Hepatic CancersWilliam Ensminger; Fiscal Year: 2005..compared to the previously utilized bacterial (b) CD (Aim 1) and, thus will work at FC levels lower than the bCD in gut bacteria (for lowered systemic toxicity)...
- Translating Dental Student Tobacco Education to PracticeKATHLEEN RANKIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..and integrated into appropriate courses throughout the 4-year dental curriculum at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD). Full integration of the Rx for Change core curriculum will occur over a period of 3 years...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MORPHOGEN LOCALIZATION IN EMBRYOSPaul MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus progress here may be of general relevance to the development of all organisms. Localization of the bicoid (bcd) mRNA to the anterior pole of the oocyte is a prerequisite for the formation of an anteroposterior gradient of Bcd ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MORPHOGEN LOCALIZATION IN EMBRYOSPaul MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The example studied here, localization of bicoid (bcd) mRNA in the Drosophila oocyte and embryo, is essential for embryonic body patterning...
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2009..a set of revised specific aims for this project as follows: (1) We will determine whether optimization of yCD or bCD leads to significant therapeutic efficacy gains via recognizable mechanisms of increased enzyme expression and/or ..
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry L Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2010..a set of revised specific aims for this project as follows: (1) We will determine whether optimization of yCD or bCD leads to significant therapeutic efficacy gains via recognizable mechanisms of increased enzyme expression and/or ..
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2007..a set of revised specific aims for this project as follows: (1) We will determine whether optimization of yCD or bCD leads to significant therapeutic efficacy gains via recognizable mechanisms of increased enzyme expression and/or ..
- DENDRITIC CELLS & ACTINOBACILLUS ACTINOMYCETEMCOMITANSPaul Ezzo; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research environment established at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD) by Dr. Christopher Cutler, in collaboration with Dr...
- Mechanisms of Response and Relapse in Rituximab-treated Myositis PatientsCHESTER V contact ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the more novel treatments for myositis as well as other autoimmune diseases is B cell depletion (BCD) therapy with a biologic agent, rituximab...
- Caged micelles for co-delivery of SAHA and geldanamycin in cancer therapyMAY XIONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..hypothesis, we propose four broad specific aims: (1) to synthesize and characterize poly(asp-g-ADA)-b-PCL and poly(bCD-PEG)-b-PCL for GAp encapsulation (caged micelle) and SAHA solubilization, respectively, and to verify the presence ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipJOSEPH RAWLINS; Fiscal Year: 2006This application proposes a graduate educational program at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD), Texas A&M University System for Mr. Joseph T. Rawlins...
- STEPS CONTROLLING GENE EXPRESSIONJUDITH LENGYEL; Fiscal Year: 1993..In the anterior, a morphogen gradient, consisting of the bicoid (bcd) transcription factor, interacts with the terminal system to establish the nonsegmented acron instead of a telson...
- Dynamics, scaling, and precision of morphogen gradients in the Drosophila embryoWilliam Bialek; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our experimental system is the Bicoid (Bcd) morphogen gradient in the Drosophila embryo, the primary maternal determinant of the anterior-posterior axis...
- Research Infrastructure Improvement Planning AwardDavid Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2003..a formal strategic planning process for improvement of the research infrastructure at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD)...
- Dynamics, scaling, and precision of morphogen gradients in the Drosophila embryoWilliam Bialek; Fiscal Year: 2009..dynamics of the formation and stabilization of the Bed gradient will be measured in living embryos expressing eGFP-Bcd. Image sequences from time-lapse two photon microscopy will be used, together with photobleaching methods and ..
- Bicoid: A new addition to the body plan of DrosophilaClaude Desplan; Fiscal Year: 2003Although the Bicoid morphogen (Bcd) plays a pivotal role in patterning the anterior of the Drosophila (Dm) embryo, no bed homologue has been found outside Diptera...
- Bicoid: A new addition to the body plan of DrosophilaClaude Desplan; Fiscal Year: 2006Although the Bicoid morphogen (Bcd) plays a pivotal role in patterning the anterior of the Drosophila (Dm) embryo, no bed homologue has been found outside Diptera...