Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP2C9
Description: cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily C, polypeptide 9
Alias: CPC9, CYP2C, CYP2C10, CYPIIC9, P450IIC9, cytochrome P-450 S-mephenytoin 4-hydroxylase, cytochrome P-450MP, cytochrome P450 2C9, cytochrome P450 PB-1, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, microsomal monooxygenase, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- The frequency and effects of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 polymorphisms in patients receiving warfarinArash Rafii Tabrizi
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 63110, USA
J Am Coll Surg 194:267-73. 2002..to warfarin therapy, we determined the frequency and functional effects of polymorphisms of the predominant cytochrome P450 subfamily responsible for warfarin metabolism (eg, CYP2C9) in an ethnically defined U.S. patient population.
- A novel functional VKORC1 promoter polymorphism is associated with inter-individual and inter-ethnic differences in warfarin sensitivityHsiang Yu Yuan
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Mol Genet 14:1745-51. 2005..We determined DNA sequence variants in CYP2C9 and VKORC1 in 16 Chinese patients having warfarin sensitivity (< or = 1...
- Association of CYP2C9 gene polymorphism with bleeding as a complication of warfarin therapyMarina Samardzija
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Osijek, Osijek, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:557-64. 2008..this study was to determine the association of bleeding as a complication of warfarin therapy with polymorphism of CYP2C9 gene (alleles 1, 2 and 3). The CYP2C9 is the main enzyme for warfarin metabolism...
- A genome-wide association study confirms VKORC1, CYP2C9, and CYP4F2 as principal genetic determinants of warfarin doseFumihiko Takeuchi
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
PLoS Genet 5:e1000433. 2009..another approximately 12% by two non-synonymous SNPs (*2, *3) in the cytochrome P450 warfarin-metabolizing gene CYP2C9. We initially tested each of 325,997 GWAS SNPs for association with warfarin dose by univariate regression and ..
- Randomized trial of genotype-guided versus standard warfarin dosing in patients initiating oral anticoagulationJeffrey L Anderson
Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Circulation 116:2563-70. 2007..Pharmacogenetic-guided dosing of warfarin is a promising application of "personalized medicine" but has not been adequately tested in randomized trials...
- The impact of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genetic polymorphism and patient characteristics upon warfarin dose requirements: proposal for a new dosing regimenElizabeth A Sconce
School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Blood 106:2329-33. 2005..This study investigated the contribution of age, CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotype, and body size to warfarin-dose requirements...
- Interactions between CYP2C9 and UGT1A6 polymorphisms and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in colorectal cancer preventionWade S Samowitz
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:894-901. 2006..between UGT1A6 variants or variants of another enzyme that metabolizes nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), cytochrome P4502C9 (CYP2C9), and NSAIDs in the prevention of colorectal cancer have not been studied extensively.
- A prospective study of genetic polymorphisms in the cytochrome P-450 2C9 enzyme and the risk for distal colorectal adenomaAndrew T Chan
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:704-12. 2004..The cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 2C9 (CYP2C9) enzyme is involved in the metabolism of several drugs, including possibly aspirin, and such carcinogens as ..
- A genome-wide association study of acenocoumarol maintenance dosageMartina Teichert
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 18:3758-68. 2009..0 x 10(-123)). The lowest P-value on chromosome 10 was obtained by rs4086116 within cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) (P = 3.3 x 10(-24))...
- Red meat intake, doneness, polymorphisms in genes that encode carcinogen-metabolizing enzymes, and colorectal cancer riskMichelle Cotterchio
Population Studies and Surveillance, Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2L7
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:3098-107. 2008..b>CYP2C9 and NAT2 variants were associated with colorectal cancer risk...
- Use of pharmacogenetics and clinical factors to predict the maintenance dose of warfarinBrian F Gage
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine Campus Box 8005, 660 S Euclid Ave St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Thromb Haemost 91:87-94. 2004..Using polymerase chain reaction, we genotyped each participant for the presence of 8 polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 2C9 system. Using multiple regression, we quantified the association between warfarin dose and all factors...
- Genotypes of the cytochrome p450 isoform, CYP2C9, and the vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1 conjointly determine stable warfarin dose: a prospective studyJohn F Carlquist
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 22:191-7. 2006..e., CYP2C9) and activity (i.e., vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1-VKORC1)...
- The association of CYP2C9 gene polymorphisms with colorectal carcinoma in Han ChineseLing Hong Liao
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Clin Chim Acta 380:191-6. 2007Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 is an important enzyme involved in xenobiotics metabolism. This study investigated the association of CYP2C9 gene coding region polymorphisms with colorectal cancer (CRC) in Chinese Han population.
- Polymorphisms in xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes and diet influence colorectal adenoma riskEmma L Northwood
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:315-26. 2010....
- CYP4F2 genetic variant (rs2108622) significantly contributes to warfarin dosing variability in the Italian populationPaola Borgiani
Department of Biopathology and Diagnostic Imaging, School of Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 10:261-6. 2009..Numerous papers have shown the important contribution of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genetic variants to this variability...
- Crystal structure of human cytochrome P450 2C9 with bound warfarinPamela A Williams
Astex Technology, 436 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0QA, UK
Nature 424:464-8. 2003..Human CYP450 proteins CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 are the major drug-metabolizing isoforms, and contribute to the oxidative metabolism ..
- Influence of coagulation factor, vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1, and cytochrome P450 2C9 gene polymorphisms on warfarin dose requirementsChristina L Aquilante
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:291-302. 2006....
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P450 2C9 in a Caucasian and a black African populationM G Scordo
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology at Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 52:447-50. 2001b>CYP2C9 is a major enzyme in human drug metabolism and the polymorphism observed in the corresponding gene may affect the therapeutic outcome during treatment with several drugs...
- Influence of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 1173C/T genotype on the risk of hemorrhagic complications in African-American and European-American patients on warfarinN A Limdi
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:312-21. 2008The association of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 1173C/T genotype and risk of hemorrhage among African Americans and European Americans is presented...
- Frequency of CYP2C9 polymorphisms affecting warfarin metabolism in a large anticoagulant clinic cohortMajid Moridani
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Clin Biochem 39:606-12. 2006To assess allele frequency and genotype distribution of CYP2C9 polymorphisms in patients (n = 189) attending an anticoagulant clinic in comparison to control patients (n = 177) and also to assess if the patients with variant genotypes ..
- Polymorphisms in the VKORC1 gene are strongly associated with warfarin dosage requirements in patients receiving anticoagulationT Li
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Med Genet 43:740-4. 2006..However, the use of this common agent is fraught with complications and little is known regarding inter-individual variation in warfarin response...
- A warfarin-dosing model in Asians that uses single-nucleotide polymorphisms in vitamin K epoxide reductase complex and cytochrome P450 2C9Lai San Tham
Department of Haematology Oncology, National University Hospital, and Translational Interface, Oncology Research Institute, Singapore
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:346-55. 2006..in the Asian population, we hypothesize that single-nucleotide polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 (CYP2C9*3) and vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1 (VKORC1) at position 381, used to infer VKORC1haplotype in ..
- VKORC1 and CYP2C9 polymorphisms are associated with warfarin dose requirements in Turkish patientsG Oner Ozgon
University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:889-94. 2008The objective of this study was to determine the quantitative influence of vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1 (VKORC1) and cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP 2C9) polymorphisms on warfarin dose requirements in Turkish patients.
- Warfarin dosing and cytochrome P450 2C9 polymorphismsHylton V Joffe
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Thromb Haemost 91:1123-8. 2004Two cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) polymorphisms, CYP2C9*2 and *3, metabolize warfarin inefficiently...
- Factors influencing warfarin dose requirements in African-AmericansKathryn M Momary
Mercer University College of Pharmacy, 3001 Mercer University Dr, Atlanta, GA, 30341 4155, USA
Pharmacogenomics 8:1535-44. 2007....
- VKORC1 polymorphisms, haplotypes and haplotype groups on warfarin dose among African-Americans and European-AmericansNita A Limdi
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1719 6th Avenue South, CIRC 312, Birmingham AL 35294 0021, USA
Pharmacogenomics 9:1445-58. 2008Although the influence of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 polymorphisms on warfarin response has been studied, variability in dose explained by CYP2C9 and VKORC1 is lower among African-Americans compared with European-Americans...
- Contribution of age, body weight, and CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotype to the anticoagulant response to warfarin: proposal for a new dosing regimen in Chinese patientsLiyan Miao
Department of Clinical Pharmacology Research Lab, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:1135-41. 2007The objective of this study was to assess the contribution of the VKORC1 and CYP2C9 genotypes and age, body size, and weight of the patients to the warfarin dose requirement in a Chinese population.
- Validation of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 genotypes on interindividual warfarin maintenance dose: a prospective study in Chinese patientsSheng Wen Huang
Department of Medical Genetics, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Southern Medical University, Guiyang, Guizhou, China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:226-34. 2009..To develop a warfarin-dosing algorithm that could be combined with pharmacogenomic and demographic factors, and to evaluate its effectiveness in a randomized prospective controlled clinical trial...
- Factors affecting the interindividual variability of warfarin dose requirement in adult Korean patientsHyun Jung Cho
Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, 135 710, Korea
Pharmacogenomics 8:329-37. 2007..Asian patients require a much lower maintenance dose compared with Caucasians; the explanation for these differences remains unknown...
- CYP2C9 genotypes and dose requirements during the induction phase of oral anticoagulant therapyFlora Peyvandi
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Via Pace 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:198-203. 2004Variant alleles of the CYP2C9 gene encoding the cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme (2C9*2 [Arg144Cys] and 2C9*3 [Ile359Leu]) are known to increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and decrease the mean daily dose required to maintain the ..
- Intramolecular heme ligation of the cytochrome P450 2C9 R108H mutant demonstrates pronounced conformational flexibility of the B-C loop region: implications for substrate bindingArthur G Roberts
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Biochemistry 49:8700-8. 2010..et al. (2004) Mol. Pharmacol. 65, 842-850] revealed some unusual properties of the R108H mutant of cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9), including elevated thermostability relative to that of CYP2C9, as well as a UV-visible absorbance ..
- Genetic determinants of warfarin dosing in the Han-Chinese populationM T Michael Lee
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128, Academia Road, Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacogenomics 10:1905-13. 2009Warfarin, a widely prescribed oral anticoagulant, is used for the prevention of thromboembolism. Polymorphisms in CYP2C9 and VKORC1 have been shown to be associated with warfarin dose requirements...
- Dosage recommendation of phenytoin for patients with epilepsy with different CYP2C9/CYP2C19 polymorphismsChin Chuan Hung
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ther Drug Monit 26:534-40. 2004To search for the optimal dosage of phenytoin in patients with epilepsy based on the metabolic activities of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 polymorphisms, a total of 169 patients receiving phenytoin treatment for more than 1 month were recruited...
- Association of pharmacokinetic (CYP2C9) and pharmacodynamic (factors II, VII, IX, and X; proteins S and C; and gamma-glutamyl carboxylase) gene variants with warfarin sensitivityEriko Shikata
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Blood 103:2630-5. 2004We analyzed mutations of 7 vitamin K-dependent protein and cytochrome P450 2C9 genes in 45 patients and investigated whether any contribute to the large interpatient variability in the warfarin dose-effect relationship...
- Prospective study of warfarin dosage requirements based on CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotypesM S Wen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:83-9. 2008Polymorphisms in CYP2C9 and VKORC1 have been shown to be associated with warfarin dose requirements and could be used to predict warfarin dose...
- Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP1A1, NAT2 and of P-glycoprotein in a Russian populationElena A Gaikovitch
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:303-12. 2003..However, little is known of the frequency distribution of the major allelic variants in the Russian population...
- Genetic modulation of oral anticoagulation with warfarinM Margaglione
Unita di Aterosclerosi e Trombosi, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, S Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Thromb Haemost 84:775-8. 2000Cytochrome P450 CYP2C9 gene variants have been associated with hyperresponsiveness to small doses of warfarin and a higher bleeding complication rate...
- Biochemistry and molecular biology of the human CYP2C subfamilyJ A Goldstein
National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Pharmacogenetics 4:285-99. 1994..Four members of this subfamily have been identified in humans: CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C18, and CYP2C19...
- Cytochrome P4502C9: an enzyme of major importance in human drug metabolismJ O Miners
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University School of Medicine, Bedford Park, SA, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 45:525-38. 1998Accumulating evidence indicates that CYP2C9 ranks amongst the most important drug metabolizing enzymes in humans. Substrates for CYP2C9 include fluoxetine, losartan, phenytoin, tolbutamide, torsemide, S-warfarin, and numerous NSAIDs...
- The effect of the cytochrome P450 CYP2C8 polymorphism on the disposition of (R)-ibuprofen enantiomer in healthy subjectsCarmen Martinez
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Extremadura, Avda de Elvas s n, E 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:62-9. 2005To study the effect of CYP2C8*3, the most common CYP2C8 variant allele on the dis-position of (R)-ibuprofen and the association of CYP2C8*3 with variant CYP2C9 alleles.
- Influence of the CYP2C9 AND CYP2C19 polymorphisms on phenytoin hydroxylation in healthy individuals from south IndiaJ Rosemary
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research JIPMER, Pondicherry, India
Indian J Med Res 123:665-70. 2006Phenytoin, a widely used anti-epileptic drug, is metabolized mainly by CYP2C9 (90%) and partly by CYP2C19 (10%) to its major metabolite 5-(para-hydroxyphenyl)-5- phenylhydantoin (p-HPPH)...
- A genome-wide scan for common genetic variants with a large influence on warfarin maintenance doseGregory M Cooper
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA98195, USA
Blood 112:1022-7. 2008Warfarin dosing is correlated with polymorphisms in vitamin K epoxide reductase complex 1 (VKORC1) and the cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) genes...
- Warfarin and cytochrome P450 2C9 genotype: possible ethnic variation in warfarin sensitivityCarmel Kealey
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Pharmacology and Center for Pharmacogenetics, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pharmacogenomics 8:217-25. 2007..The aim was to evaluate the influence of two CYP2C9 functional polymorphisms (*2 and *3) on warfarin dose in African-Americans, an unstudied population and Caucasians,..
- Common genetic variants of microsomal epoxide hydrolase affect warfarin dose requirements beyond the effect of cytochrome P450 2C9Ronen Loebstein
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:365-72. 2005....
- The effect of genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P450 CYP2C9 on phenytoin dose requirementJ van der Weide
Department of Clinical Chemistry, St Jansdal Hospital, Harderwijk, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenetics 11:287-91. 2001The cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP2C9 catalyses the metabolism of numerous therapeutic agents, including the anti-epileptic drug phenytoin...
- CYP2C9 allelic variants: ethnic distribution and functional significanceHong Guang Xie
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 54:1257-70. 2002Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 2C9 CYP2C9 is a polymorphically expressed enzyme responsible for the metabolism of several clinically important drugs, some with a low therapeutic index...
- Association between the CYP2C9 polymorphism and the drug metabolism phenotypeElizabeta Topic
Clinical Institute of Chemistry, School of Medicine, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:72-8. 2004b>CYP2C9, an isoform of the cytochrome P450 enzyme, is involved in the metabolism of most of the drugs of choice for the treatment of thromboembolic disorders...
- The largest prospective warfarin-treated cohort supports genetic forecastingMia Wadelius
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Blood 113:784-92. 2009Genetic variants of cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) and vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1) are known to influence warfarin dose, but the effect of other genes has not been fully elucidated...
- In-vitro and in-vivo effects of the CYP2C9*11 polymorphism on warfarin metabolism and doseGuoying Tai
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:475-81. 2005To determine the in-vitro and in-vivo effects of the CYP2C9*11 polymorphism on (S)-warfarin metabolism.
- CYP2C9 haplotype structure in European American warfarin patients and association with clinical outcomesDavid L Veenstra
Department of Pharmacy, Environmental Health, Genome Sciences, and Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:353-64. 2005The goal of this study was to define the haplotype structure of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 gene in a European American population and evaluate associations between CYP2C9 haplotypes and anticoagulation-related outcomes.
- Polymorphism in CYP2C9 as a non-critical factor of warfarin dosage adjustment in Korean patientsSukhyang Lee
Graduate School of Clinical Pharmacy, Sookmyung Womens University, Seoul 140 742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 26:967-72. 2003Cytochrome P4502C9(CYP2C9) is largely responsible for terminating anticoagulant effect by hydroxylation of S-warfarin to inactive metabolites...
- Genetic polymorphism in exon 4 of cytochrome P450 CYP2C9 may be associated with warfarin sensitivity in Chinese patientsA Y Leung
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong
Blood 98:2584-7. 2001b>CYP2C9 polymorphisms reported in Caucasians (Arg144Cys in exon 3 and Ile359Leu in exon 7) are extremely uncommon in Chinese persons...
- Role of pharmacodiagnostic of CYP2C9 variants in the optimization of warfarin therapy in Malaysia: a 6-month follow-up studyH Ngow
Department of Internal Medicine, International Islamic University Malaysia, Pahang, Malaysia
Xenobiotica 38:641-51. 20081. A retrospective study was conducted to explore the importance of CYP2C9 genotyping for the initiation and maintenance therapy of warfarin in clinical practice...
- The frequency of cytochrome P450 2C9 genetic variants in the Russian population and their associations with individual sensitivity to warfarin therapySofya N Pchelina
Saint Petersburg Pavlov State Medical University, St Petersburg, Russia Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, St Petersburg, Russia
Thromb Res 115:199-203. 2005
- 5'-Flanking region polymorphisms of CYP2C9 and their relationship to S-warfarin metabolism in white and Japanese patientsHarumi Takahashi
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 103:3055-7. 2004..therapeutic anticoagulation, but this can be only partly explained by genetic variability in the coding region of CYP2C9-a critical enzyme in the drug's metabolism. Accordingly, analysis of the -2...
- Developmental expression of human hepatic CYP2C9 and CYP2C19Sevasti B Koukouritaki
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226 4801, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308:965-74. 2004..To determine developmental expression patterns, liver microsomal CYP2C9 and -2C19 were measured (n = 237; ages, 8 weeks gestation-18 years) by Western blotting and with diclofenac or ..
- Association between CYP2C9 genetic variants and anticoagulation-related outcomes during warfarin therapyMitchell K Higashi
University of Washington, Department of Pharmacy, Box 357630, Health Sciences Bldg, Room H 375A, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
JAMA 287:1690-8. 2002..The principal enzyme involved in warfarin metabolism is CYP2C9, and 2 relatively common variant forms with reduced activity have been identified, CYP2C9*2 and CYP2C9*3...
- Pharmacogenetic variation at CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 at global and microgeographic scalesJohanna Sistonen
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:170-9. 2009b>CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 belong to a subfamily of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes, associated mainly with the metabolism of exogenous compounds in the human body...
- Effect of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotypes on early-phase and steady-state warfarin dosing in Korean patients with mechanical heart valve replacementHo Sook Kim
Department of Pharmacology and PharmacoGenomics Research Center, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:103-12. 2009The effect of CYP2C9 and vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1 (VKORC1) genotypes was evaluated for the early-phase and steady-state warfarin dosing in Korean patients with mechanical heart valve replacement.
- Genotypes of vitamin K epoxide reductase, gamma-glutamyl carboxylase, and cytochrome P450 2C9 as determinants of daily warfarin dose in Japanese patientsRina Kimura
Research Institute, Japan
Thromb Res 120:181-6. 2007..four genes, vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1), gamma-glutamyl carboxylase (GGCX), calumenin (CALU), and cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) to the warfarin maintenance dose required in Japanese patients following ischemic stroke...
- Genetic and environmental risk factors for oral anticoagulant overdoseC Verstuyft
Department of Pharmacology, Saint Antoine Paris VI University and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:739-45. 2003b>Cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) allelic variant carriers have been shown to experience hyper-responsiveness to small doses of oral anticoagulants (OAs) (warfarin or acenocoumarol) and a higher bleeding rate.
- Association of warfarin dose with genes involved in its action and metabolismMia Wadelius
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Hum Genet 121:23-34. 2007..In our study, polymorphisms in or flanking the genes VKORC1, CYP2C9, CYP2C18, CYP2C19, PROC, APOE, EPHX1, CALU, GGCX and ORM1-ORM2 and haplotypes of VKORC1, CYP2C9, CYP2C8, CYP2C19, ..
- The role of CYP2C9 gene polymorphisms on anticoagulant therapy after heart valve replacementHatice Yildirim
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Med Princ Pract 17:464-7. 2008The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of CYP2C9 gene polymorphisms after heart valve replacement in a group of patients on warfarin therapy.
- Allelic variants of human cytochrome P450 2C9: baculovirus-mediated expression, purification, structural characterization, substrate stereoselectivity, and prochiral selectivity of the wild-type and I359L mutant formsR L Haining
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 333:447-58. 1996The purpose of the present studies was to define the role of the I359L allelic variant of CYP2C9 in the metabolism of the low therapeutic index anticoagulant warfarin, by performing in vitro kinetic studies with the two enantiomers of the ..
- Warfarin metabolism and anticoagulant effect: a prospective, observational study of the impact of CYP2C9 genetic polymorphism in the presence of drug-disease and drug-drug interactionsMordechai Muszkat
Division o f Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Ther 29:427-37. 2007..However, it is not known whether the CYP2C9 genotype contributes to the variability in warfarin dosage in the presence of drug-disease and drug-drug ..
- CYP2C9 genotypes and the quality of anticoagulation control with warfarin therapy among Brazilian patientsM V Lima
Departamento de Medicina Clinica, Hospital Universitario Antonio Pedro, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:9-15. 2008To evaluate the impact of the two most common CYP2C9 variant alleles (*2 and *3) on the maintenance dose of warfarin and on the quality of anticoagulation control in Brazilians.
- CYP2C9 genotype-guided warfarin prescribing enhances the efficacy and safety of anticoagulation: a prospective randomized controlled studyY Caraco
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Division of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:460-70. 2008Warfarin anticoagulation effect is characterized by marked variability, some of which has been attributed to CYP2C9 polymorphisms...
- Impact of age, CYP2C9 genotype and concomitant medication on the rate of rise for prothrombin time during the first 30 days of warfarin therapyRussell A Wilke
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, WI 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 3:207-13. 2005..To characterize the impact of several important clinical variables on the rate of anticoagulation during warfarin initiation (i.e., the first 30 days)...
- Hepatic metabolism and transporter gene variants enhance response to rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the GEOSTAT-1 StudyKristian M Bailey
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:276-85. 2010..Pharmacogenetics aims to maximize benefits and minimize risks of drug treatment. Our objectives were to examine the influence of common variants of hepatic metabolism and transporter genes on the lipid-lowering response to statin therapy...
- The predictive value of MDR1, CYP2C9, and CYP2C19 polymorphisms for phenytoin plasma levelsR Kerb
Epidauros Biotechnology AG, Pharmacogenetics Laboratory, Bernried, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 1:204-10. 2001..differences in dose response can partially be explained by known genetic polymorphisms in the metabolic enzyme CYP2C9 but a large deal of individual variability remains still unexplained...
- Malaysian Indians are genetically similar to Caucasians: CYP2C9 polymorphismZ Zainuddin
Pharmacogenetics Research Group, Institute for Research in Molecular Medicine, INFORMM, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
J Clin Pharm Ther 31:187-91. 2006b>CYP2C9 is one of the major drug metabolizing enzymes for many drugs including warfarin, NSAIDs and losartan. It is polymorphic in many populations...
- CYP2C9*8 is prevalent among African-Americans: implications for pharmacogenetic dosingStuart A Scott
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:1243-55. 2009..differ among racial groups, most pharmacogenetic algorithms for genotype-guided warfarin dosing only include two CYP2C9 alleles (*2 and *3) and a single VKORC1 allele (g.-1639G>A or g.1173C>T) commonly found among Caucasians...
- Allele and genotype frequencies of CYP2C9 in a Korean populationJung Woo Bae
Laboratory of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:418-22. 2005To determine the frequencies of the variant alleles and the genotypes of CYP2C9 in a Korean population.
- CYP2C9 polymorphism: prevalence in healthy and warfarin-treated Malay and Chinese in MalaysiaH A Ngow
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, International Islamic University Malaysia Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Jalan Istana, Bandar Indera Mahkota, Kuantan 25200, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 50:490-3. 2009Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2C9 among different populations in different geographical regions could be different...
- Functional analysis of phenylalanine residues in the active site of cytochrome P450 2C9Carrie M Mosher
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Biochemistry 47:11725-34. 2008The two published crystal structures of cytochrome P450 2C9, complexed with ( S)-warfarin or flurbiprofen, implicate a cluster of three active site phenylalanine residues (F100, F114, F476) in ligand binding...
- Genetic factors contribute to patient-specific warfarin dose for Han ChineseTing Liang Wang
Mochtar Riady Institute for Nanotechnology, Jl Boulevard Jend Sudirman, No 1688, Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia
Clin Chim Acta 396:76-9. 2008..To address the association of genetic factors and warfarin dosage for ethnic Han Chinese, we genotyped six candidate genes involved in the warfarin interactive pathway with focus on SNPs with reported association with warfarin dose...
- Identification of a novel variant CYP2C9 allele in ChineseDayong Si
College of Life Science, Jilin University, Changchun, China
Pharmacogenetics 14:465-9. 2004..SNPs in the CYP2C9 gene have increasingly been recognized as determinants of the metabolic phenotype that underlies interindividual ..
- No evidence that polymorphisms in CYP2C8, CYP2C9, UGT1A6, PPARdelta and PPARgamma act as modifiers of the protective effect of regular NSAID use on the risk of colorectal carcinomaLouise E McGreavey
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:713-21. 2005..Our objective was to investigate whether or not a number of the polymorphic genes involved in the metabolism of NSAIDs, including cytochrome P450 s (CYPs), act as modifiers of this protective effect...
- CYP2D6 genotype, antidepressant use, and tamoxifen metabolism during adjuvant breast cancer treatmentYan Jin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:30-9. 2005....
- Estimation of warfarin maintenance dose based on VKORC1 (-1639 G>A) and CYP2C9 genotypesYusheng Zhu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Clin Chem 53:1199-205. 2007b>CYP2C9 polymorphisms are associated with decreased S-warfarin clearance and lower maintenance dosage. Decreased expression of VKORC1 resulting from the -1639G>A substitution has also been implicated in lower warfarin dose requirements...
- Cytochrome P450 pharmacogenetics as a predictor of toxicity and clinical response to pulse cyclophosphamide in lupus nephritisKazuki Takada
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2202-10. 2004..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to test whether genetic polymorphisms of these enzymes are associated with the toxicity of, and clinical response to, cyclophosphamide in patients with lupus nephritis...
- Association of cyclophosphamide pharmacokinetics to polymorphic cytochrome P450 2C19R Timm
Institute of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 5:365-73. 2005..using a global and a population pharmacokinetic model considering functionally relevant polymorphisms of CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A5, and GSTA1...
- The impact of CYP2C9 genetics and oral contraceptives on cytochrome P450 2C9 phenotypeMia Sandberg
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital at Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 32:484-9. 2004b>CYP2C9-dependent drug metabolism is subject to large interindividual variation. To some extent, this is explained by genetic polymorphism with expression of enzyme variants that differ in catalytic activity...
- Relationship between CYP2C8 genotypes and diclofenac 5-hydroxylation in healthy Spanish volunteersP Dorado
CICAB Extremadura University Hospital and Medical School, SES, Badajoz, Spain
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:967-70. 2008..5-hydroxylation, while, in vitro, the 4'-hydroxylation and 3'-hydroxylation seem to be mediated mainly by CYP2C9. We have demonstrated the relevance of CYP2C9 genotypes for diclofenac 4'-hydroxylation in healthy volunteers, so ..
- Breast cancer treatment outcome with adjuvant tamoxifen relative to patient CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypesWerner Schroth
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:5187-93. 2007..We investigated the predictive value of genetic variants of CYP2D6, CYP2C19, and three other cytochrome P450 enzymes for tamoxifen treatment outcome...
- Several-fold increase in risk of overanticoagulation by CYP2C9 mutationsJonatan D Lindh
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:540-50. 2005Our objective was to prospectively study the impact of CYP2C9 polymorphism (*2 and *3) on the risk of overanticoagulation during the induction phase of warfarin therapy.
- Different contributions of polymorphisms in VKORC1 and CYP2C9 to intra- and inter-population differences in maintenance dose of warfarin in Japanese, Caucasians and African-AmericansHarumi Takahashi
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:101-10. 2006..and pharmacodynamic factors associated with population differences in warfarin doses needed to achieve anticoagulation, in particular the possible involvement of genetic variability in vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKOR) and CYP2C9.
- An analysis of the relative effects of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 variants on anticoagulation related outcomes in warfarin-treated patientsLisa M Meckley
University of Washington, Department of Pharmacy, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Thromb Haemost 100:229-39. 2008The objective of this study was to assess the relative influence of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 genetic variants on several clinical outcomes related to warfarin treatment...
- Laboratory and clinical outcomes of pharmacogenetic vs. clinical protocols for warfarin initiation in orthopedic patientsP A Lenzini
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:1655-62. 2008..Warfarin is commonly prescribed for prophylaxis and treatment of thromboembolism after orthopedic surgery. During warfarin initiation, out-of-range International Normalized Ratio (INR) values and adverse events are common...
- CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genetic polymorphism analysis might be necessary in patients with Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G2021A mutation(s)Allen Leung
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:184-6. 2007..Patients with either Cytochrome P-450 CYP2C9*2, CYP2C9*3, or VKORC1*2 genotype (c...
- Allelic and functional variability of cytochrome P4502C9C R Bhasker
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders University of South Australia, Australia
Pharmacogenetics 7:51-8. 1997..nucleotide substitutions are known to result in a different amino acid at one of four sites in cytochrome P4502C9 (CYP2C9) namely: residue 144: Arg/Cys; residue 358: Tyr/Cys; residue 359: Ile/Leu and residue 417: Gly/Asp...
- Pharmacogenetic screening for polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters in a Dutch populationT M Bosch
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Diagn Ther 10:175-85. 2006..The aim of this study was to explore the frequencies of polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP3A5, DPYD, UGT1A1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and drug transporters (ABCB1[MDR1] and ABCC2[..
- Linkage between the CYP2C8 and CYP2C9 genetic polymorphismsUmit Yasar
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:25-8. 2002Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C8 and 2C9 are polymorphic enzymes. The CYP2C8*3 and CYP2C9*2 are the major variant alleles in Caucasian populations...
- Pharmacokinetics of diclofenac and inhibition of cyclooxygenases 1 and 2: no relationship to the CYP2C9 genetic polymorphism in humansJulia Kirchheiner
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Centre Charité, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:51-61. 2003The cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP2C9 catalyses the 4'-hydroxylation of the nonsteroidal analgesic drug diclofenac in humans...
- Transcriptional activation of CYP2C9, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha requires coactivators peroxisomal proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alpha and steroid receptor coactivator 1Celia P Martinez-Jimenez
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Avenida de Campanar, 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Mol Pharmacol 70:1681-92. 2006..Reporter assays with a chimeric CYP2C9-LUC construct demonstrated that the sole transfection of coactivators induced luciferase activity in HepG2 cells...
- CYP2C9 genotypes and diclofenac metabolism in Spanish healthy volunteersPedro Dorado
Department of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Extremadura, Av De Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:221-5. 2003This study analyzed the frequency of CYP2C9 variant alleles and evaluated the impact of CYP2C9 genotype on diclofenac metabolism in a Spanish population.
- The influence of sequence variations in factor VII, gamma-glutamyl carboxylase and vitamin K epoxide reductase complex genes on warfarin dose requirementDarja Herman
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Vrazov trg 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Thromb Haemost 95:782-7. 2006..dose required to achieve the desired anticoagulant response can only partly be explained by polymorphisms in the CYP2C9 gene, suggesting that additional genetic factors such as polymorphisms in genes involved in blood coagulation may ..
- Interethnic and intraethnic variability of CYP2C8 and CYP2C9 polymorphisms in healthy individualsElena Garcia-Martin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Sciences, University of Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
Mol Diagn Ther 10:29-40. 2006Cytochrome P450 (CYP) superfamily members CYP2C8 and CYP2C9 are polymorphically expressed enzymes that are involved in the metabolic inactivation of several drugs, including, among others, antiepileptics, NSAIDs, oral hypoglycemics, and ..
- Influence of CYP2C8 and CYP2C9 polymorphisms on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters of racemic and enantiomeric forms of ibuprofen in healthy volunteersRosario López-Rodríguez
Clinical Pharmacology Service, Instituto Teofilo Hernando, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Pharmacol Res 58:77-84. 2008..incidence of alleles CYP2C8*1 to *5 in a Spanish population; (ii) to test the impact of such alleles, and those of CYP2C9, on the metabolism of racemic ibuprofen, R-ibuprofen and S-ibuprofen; and (iii) to discern whether those metabolic ..
- Global pharmacogenetics: genetic substructure of Eurasian populations and its effect on variants of drug-metabolizing enzymesOksana Makeeva
Tomsk Research Institute of Medical Genetics, The Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 10 Nab Ushaiky, Tomsk, 634050 Russia
Pharmacogenomics 9:847-68. 2008..To study the frequency distribution of cytochrome P450 (CYP) functional genetic variants in five Eurasian populations from the territory of Siberia in Russia...
- Relative impact of covariates in prescribing warfarin according to CYP2C9 genotypeMichael A Hillman
Department of Care Management, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA
Pharmacogenetics 14:539-47. 2004..Patients possessing variants (*2 and *3) of the cytochrome P450 2C9 gene require reduced maintenance doses compared to those having wild-type alleles (*1)...
- Pharmacogenetics of ADRs: Warfarin ToxicityALLAN EDWARD RETTIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the previous funding period the focus was primarily on genetic variation within the cytochrome P450 enzyme, CYP2C9, because it controls metabolic clearance of the more potent (S) enantiomer of the racemic drug...
- PHARMACOGENETICS IN SURGICAL CRITICAL CAREBradley Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Warfarin is metabolized by two distinct subfamilies of the cytochrome P450 complex: CYP2A6 and CYP2C9. Common polymorphisms of these enzymes result in impaired warfarin metabolism...
- Cost Effectiveness of Anticoagulation Versus Genetic Testing of CYP2C9 & VKORC1 GAnna Teschemaker; Fiscal Year: 2009..The use of genetic testing for the CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genes in order to guide warfarin dosing for patients with VTE holds significant promise potentially to ..
- Modeling Genotype and other Factors to Enhance the Safety of Warfarin PrescribingMichael Caldwell; Fiscal Year: 2007..by clinical factors including gender, age, body surface area, diabetes status, heart valves, concomitant use of CYP2C9 inducers, and genetic factors including CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotype...
- Development of a Personalized Medicine Interface for the Safe and Effective TreatKRISTEN REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Patient genotypes at two loci, CYP2C9 and VKORC1, will be utilized, as variants of these genes are closely associated with the reduced effectiveness of ..
- Pharmacogenetics of sulfamethoxazole in HIV/AIDS patientsDanxin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..by N-acetyltransferases 1 and 2 (NAT1 and NAT2);metabolic oxidation to toxic hydroxylamine derivatives by CYP2C9 and other (extra-) hepatic enzymes;protection from reactive oxygen species (ROS) by the glutathione (GSH) ..
- Aspirin pharmacogenetics in the Aspirin/Folate Polyp Prevention TrialKAREN MAKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..ALOX5);2) prostaglandin transport: multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4);and 3) aspirin metabolism: CYP2C9 and UGT1A6...
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseRUSSELL POLAND; Fiscal Year: 2005..affecting the function of the serotonin transporter will predict responses to CU', whereas polymorphism of CYP2C 19 will be associated with the side effect profiles and pharmacokinetics of CIT...
- Drug Metabolism and Chronic Liver DiseaseRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Part 1: A cocktail to include: caffeine (CYP1A2), flurbiprofen (CYP2C9), mephenytoin (CYP2C19), debrisoquine (CYP2D6), chlorzoxazone (CYP2E1) and dapsone (acetylation)...