Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP24A1
Description: cytochrome P450 family 24 subfamily A member 1
Alias: CP24, CYP24, HCAI, HCINF1, P450-CC24, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase, mitochondrial, 1,25-@dihydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase, 24-OHase, cytochrome P450 24A1, cytochrome P450, family 24, subfamily A, polypeptide 1, cytochrome P450, subfamily XXIV (vitamin D 24-hydroxylase), cytochrome P450-CC24, exo-mitochondrial protein, vitamin D 24-hydroxylase, vitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Role of distal upstream sequence in vitamin D-induced expression of human CYP24 geneKatsuhisa Tashiro
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Life and Environmental Sciences, Prefectural University of Hiroshima, 562 Nanatsuka, Shobara, Hiroshima 727 0023, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:259-65. 2007The level of CYP24 mRNA in cultured human fibroblasts increases up to 20,000-fold in response to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)...
- CYP27A1 and CYP24 expression as a function of malignant transformation in the colonDamien Matusiak
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood St M C 716, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 55:1257-64. 2007..Similarly, increasing amounts of the deactivating enzyme CYP24 are present in the nuclei of normal colonic epithelia, ACFs, and adenomatous polyps...
- Curcumin: a novel nutritionally derived ligand of the vitamin D receptor with implications for colon cancer chemopreventionLeonid Bartik
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Nutr Biochem 21:1153-61. 2010..Real-time PCR studies revealed that CM-bound VDR can activate VDR target genes CYP3A4, CYP24, p21 and TRPV6 in Caco-2 cells...
- RNAi-mediated silencing of CYP27B1 abolishes 1,25(OH)2D3 synthesis and reduces osteocalcin and CYP24 mRNA expression in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cellsP H Anderson
Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:601-5. 2007..in the media as well as mRNA levels for CYP27B1, osteocalcin (OCN) and 25-hydroxyvitamin D 24-hydroxylase (CYP24)...
- CYP2R1-, CYP27B1- and CYP24-mRNA expression in German type 1 diabetes patientsElizabeth Ramos-Lopez
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University Hospital Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:807-10. 2007..CYP2R1), the 25-hydroxyvitamin-D(3)-1-alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and the 25(OH)D(3)-24-hydroxylase (CYP24) among others...
- The rapid effects of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 require the vitamin D receptor and influence 24-hydroxylase activity: studies in human skin fibroblasts bearing vitamin D receptor mutationsThi Minh Nguyen
CNRS UPR 1524 UMR 8104, Hopital St Vincent de Paul, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:7591-7. 2004..and magnitude) and 24-hydroxylase responses to low (1 pm-100 pm) 1,25-(OH)(2)D(3) concentrations (activity, CYP24, and ferredoxin mRNAs) similar to those of controls...
- Novel metabolism of 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 with C24-C25 bond cleavage catalyzed by human CYP24A1Natsumi Sawada
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Oiwake cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biochemistry 43:4530-7. 2004Our previous study revealed that human CYP24A1 catalyzes a remarkable metabolism consisting of both C-23 and C-24 hydroxylation pathways that used both 25(OH)D(3) and 1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3) as substrates, while rat CYP24A1 showed extreme ..
- Cloning of the human 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-3 24-hydroxylase gene promoter and identification of two vitamin D-responsive elementsK S Chen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1263:1-9. 1995..Further characterization of these VDREs in various constructs with either a native or TK promoter suggests that both VDREs are required for the optimal induction of 24-hydroxylase expression by 1,25-(OH)2D3...
- Clinical significance of the overexpression of the candidate oncogene CYP24 in esophageal cancerK Mimori
Department of Surgery, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu, Japan
Ann Oncol 15:236-41. 2004By using array comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), the increased copy number of CYP24 (which encodes vitamin D 24-hydroxylase) at 20q13...
- Possible involvement of pregnane X receptor-enhanced CYP24 expression in drug-induced osteomalaciaJean Marc Pascussi
INSERM 632, IFR122, Campus CNRS, Montpellier, France
J Clin Invest 115:177-86. 2005..Here we show that these drugs lead to the upregulation of 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3)-24-hydroxylase (CYP24) gene expression through the activation of the nuclear receptor pregnane X receptor (PXR; NR1I2)...
- Alternative splicing of vitamin D-24-hydroxylase: a novel mechanism for the regulation of extrarenal 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D synthesisSongyang Ren
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20604-11. 2005..that this is due to abnormal catabolism of 1,25-(OH)(2)D by the feedback control enzyme, vitamin D-24-hydroxylase (CYP24)...
- Spatio-temporal activation of chromatin on the human CYP24 gene promoter in the presence of 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3Sami Väisänen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Mol Biol 350:65-77. 2005The vitamin D3 24-hydroxylase gene (CYP24) is one of the most strongly induced genes known. Despite this, its induction by the hormone 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1alpha,25OH2D3) has been characterized only partially...
- Vitamin DAdriana S Dusso
Renal Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F8-28. 2005..This local production of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) is dependent on circulating precursor levels, providing a potential explanation for the association of vitamin D deficiency with various cancers and autoimmune diseases...
- Asthma families show transmission disequilibrium of gene variants in the vitamin D metabolism and signalling pathwayMatthias Wjst
Institut fur Epidemiologie, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, Neuherberg Munich, Germany
Respir Res 7:60. 2006..05 for asthma or total IgE and calcidiol or calcitriol was seen in IL10, GC, IL12B, CYP2R1, IL4R, and CYP24A1. Consistent strong genotypic association could not be observed...
- CYP24, the enzyme that catabolizes the antiproliferative agent vitamin D, is increased in lung cancerRobert A Parise
The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1819-28. 2006..In evaluating factors that may affect activity in NSCLC, the authors found that CYP24 (25-hydroxyvitamin D3-24-hydroxylase), the enzyme that catabolizes 1,25D3, is frequently expressed in NSCLC cell ..
- Cycling and early pregnant endometrium as a site of regulated expression of the vitamin D systemP Vigano
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Neonatology, Fondazione Policlinico Mangiagalli Regina Elena Hospital, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
J Mol Endocrinol 36:415-24. 2006..interleukin (IL)-1beta (50 and 500 pg/ml) while addition of the active form of the hormone could modulate both CYP24 and osteopontin gene expression...
- Regulation of Vitamin D hydroxylases gene expression by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and cyclic AMP in cultured human syncytiotrophoblastsEuclides Avila
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico D F, Mexico
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:90-6. 2007..through the activity of 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3)-1alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and 1,25(OH)(2)D(3)-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1), the two key enzymes for Vitamin D metabolism...
- Constitutive androstane receptor-vitamin D receptor crosstalk: consequence on CYP24 gene expressionAmelie Moreau
INSERM, Université Montpellier1, UMR 632, Montpellier F 34293, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:76-82. 2007..reported that the pregnane X receptor (PXR) interferes with vitamin D receptor (VDR) target genes, notably CYP24, by targeting the same responsive elements...
- Association of the vitamin D metabolism gene CYP27B1 with type 1 diabetesRebecca Bailey
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Diabetes 56:2616-21. 2007..by the enzyme 1 alpha-hydroxylase encoded by the CYP27B1 gene and is inactivated by 24-hydroxylase encoded by the CYP24A1 gene. Our aim was to study the association between the CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 gene polymorphisms and type 1 diabetes.
- Genetic variation in calcium-sensing receptor and risk for colon cancerLinda M Dong
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2755-65. 2008..We also examined interactions among CASR, calcium, and vitamin D intake and previously genotyped vitamin D-related genes...
- Placenta-specific methylation of the vitamin D 24-hydroxylase gene: implications for feedback autoregulation of active vitamin D levels at the fetomaternal interfaceBoris Novakovic
Developmental Epigenetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, and Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 284:14838-48. 2009..tightly controlled via feedback regulation of renal 1alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1; positive) and 24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1; catabolic) enzymes...
- Vitamin D-related genes, serum vitamin D concentrations and prostate cancer riskJiyoung Ahn
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:769-76. 2009..investigated the association of 48 SNPS in four vitamin D metabolizing genes [CYP27A1, GC, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1] with serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)(2)D] levels and the association ..
- Vitamin D related genes, CYP24A1 and CYP27B1, and colon cancer riskLinda M Dong
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2540-8. 2009..vitamin D activating enzyme 1-alpha hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and vitamin D deactivating enzyme 24-alpha hydroxylase (CYP24A1)...
- The candidate oncogene CYP24A1: A potential biomarker for colorectal tumorigenesisHenrik C Horváth
Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Histochem Cytochem 58:277-85. 2010..Because 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1) is considered to be the main enzyme determining the biological half-life of 1,25-D(3), we have examined ..
- The number of vitamin D receptor binding sites defines the different vitamin D responsiveness of the CYP24 gene in malignant and normal mammary cellsJuha M Matilainen
Department of Biosciences, University of Eastern Finland, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Biol Chem 285:24174-83. 2010..According to previous studies, the gene encoding 25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase, CYP24, which is the strongest known 1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3)-responsive gene, has multiple VDREs that locate within the ..
- Common genetic determinants of vitamin D insufficiency: a genome-wide association studyThomas J Wang
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 376:180-8. 2010..We aimed to identify common genetic variants affecting vitamin D concentrations and risk of insufficiency...
- Epigenetic regulation of vitamin D 24-hydroxylase/CYP24A1 in human prostate cancerWei Luo
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 70:5953-62. 2010Calcitriol, a regulator of calcium homeostasis with antitumor properties, is degraded by the product of the CYP24A1 gene, which is downregulated in human prostate cancer by unknown mechanisms...
- CYP24A1 inhibition enhances the antitumor activity of calcitriolJosephia R Muindi
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Endocrinology 151:4301-12. 2010..Therefore, we investigated whether the inhibition of 24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1), the major calcitriol inactivating enzyme, by ketoconazole (KTZ) or RC2204 modulates calcitriol serum ..
- Vitamin D pathway gene variants and prostate cancer prognosisSarah K Holt
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Prostate 70:1448-60. 2010..Increased understanding of relevant germline genetic variation with disease outcome could aid in the development of vitamin-D-based therapies...
- Comprehensive association analysis of nine candidate genes with serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels among healthy Caucasian subjectsFeng Xiao Bu
Osteoporosis Research Center, Creighton University Medical Center, Creighton University, 601 N 30th St, Suite 6730, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Hum Genet 128:549-56. 2010..The CYP2R1 gene and the GC gene remain significant in the pooled cohort. The results suggest that the CYP2R1 and GC genes may contribute to the variation of serum 25(OH)D levels in healthy populations...
- Alterations in Vitamin D signalling and metabolic pathways in breast cancer progression: a study of VDR, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 expression in benign and malignant breast lesionsNair Lopes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
BMC Cancer 10:483. 2010..D receptor (VDR) and the synthesis and degradation of this hormone are regulated by the enzymes CYP27B1 and CYP24A1, respectively...
- Association of the vitamin D metabolism gene CYP24A1 with coronary artery calcificationHaiqing Shen
Division of Endocrinology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2648-54. 2010..We hypothesized that DNA sequence variation in genes regulating vitamin D metabolism and signaling pathways might influence variation in coronary artery calcification (CAC)...
- CYP24A1 is an independent prognostic marker of survival in patients with lung adenocarcinomaGuoan Chen
Section of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:817-26. 2011..b>CYP24A1 is overexpressed in many cancers and encodes the enzyme that catabolizes 1,25-D(3)...
- Inherited variation in vitamin D genes is associated with predisposition to autoimmune disease type 1 diabetesJason D Cooper
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Diabetes 60:1624-31. 2011....
- Differential vitamin D 24-hydroxylase/CYP24A1 gene promoter methylation in endothelium from benign and malignant human prostateKristin K Deeb
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute Buffalo, NY USA
Epigenetics 6:994-1000. 2011Epigenetic alterations occur in tumor-associated vessels in the tumor microenvironment. Methylation of the CYP24A1 gene promoter differs in endothelial cells isolated from tumors and non-tumor microenvironments in mice...
- Common genetic variants in the vitamin D pathway including genome-wide associated variants are not associated with breast cancer risk among Chinese womenTsogzolmaa Dorjgochoo
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:2313-6. 2011..Previous studies evaluating the association of vitamin D-related genetic variants with breast cancer risk have produced inconsistent results...
- Altered expression of key players in vitamin D metabolism and signaling in malignant and benign thyroid tumorsIsabelle Clinckspoor
Laboratory for Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Histochem Cytochem 60:502-11. 2012..Vitamin D receptor (VDR) and CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 (respectively activating and catabolizing vitamin D) expression was studied (RT-PCR, immunohistochemistry) in ..
- Marked increase of CYP24A1 mRNA level in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines following vitamin D administrationEvelin Horvath
First Department of Internal Medicine, Semmelweis University, Korányi Sándor Street 2 A, H 1083 Budapest, Hungary
Anticancer Res 32:4791-6. 2012..We aimed to examine the mRNA and protein expression of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3)-inactivating CYP24A1 and mRNA expression of the activating CYP27B1 enzymes, as well as that of vitamin D receptor (VDR), in ..
- CYP24A1 inhibition facilitates the anti-tumor effect of vitamin D3 on colorectal cancer cellsJános P Kósa
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Semmelweis University, H 1083 Budapest, Hungary
World J Gastroenterol 19:2621-8. 2013..25-hydroxyvitamin-D3-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1), the enzyme that inactivates the active vitamin D3 metabolite 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25-D3), is considered ..
- Genetic variants in vitamin d pathway genes and risk of pancreas cancer; results from a population-based case-control study in ontario, CanadaLaura N Anderson
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e66768. 2013..SNPs in the CYP24A1, CYP2R1, calcium sensing receptor (CASR), vitamin D binding protein (GC), retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXRA) and ..
- CYP24A1 as a potential target for cancer therapyToshiyuki Sakaki
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University Imizu, Toyama 939 0398, Japan
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 14:97-108. 2014..Thus, it is plausible to assume that rapid clearance of 1α,25(OH)2D3 by highly expressed CYP24A1 could interrupt the normal physiology of cells and might be one cause of cancer initiation and progression...
- Vitamin D hydroxylases CYP2R1, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 in renal cell carcinomaAnja Urbschat
Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 43:1282-90. 2013..Concerning the synthesis of vitamin D, the hydroxylases CYP2R1, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 play a critical role, and the latter molecule determines the biological half-life of 1,25(OH)2 D3 , which is ..
- Kinetic analysis of human CYP24A1 metabolism of vitamin D via the C24-oxidation pathwayElaine W Tieu
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
FEBS J 281:3280-96. 2014b>CYP24A1 is the multicatalytic cytochrome P450 responsible for the catabolism of vitamin D via the C23- and C24-oxidation pathways...
- Calcitriol regulates the expression of the genes encoding the three key vitamin D3 hydroxylases and the drug-metabolizing enzyme CYP3A4 in the human fetal intestineCatherine Theodoropoulos
Departement de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, Centre de Recherche, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:489-99. 2003..on the expression levels of the three key D3-hydroxylase gene transcripts (25-hydroxylase, CYP27A; 24-hydroxylase, CYP24; 1alpha-hydroxylase, CYP27B1) as well as that of the 1,25(OH)2D3-responsive endobiotic/xenobiotic metabolizing ..
- Comprehensive association analysis of the vitamin D pathway genes, VDR, CYP27B1, and CYP24A1, in prostate cancerCrystal N Holick
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1990-9. 2007..encoding for vitamin D activating enzyme 1-alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and deactivating enzyme 24-hyroxylase (CYP24A1) and prostate cancer risk among middle-aged men using a population-based case-control study design...
- Regulation of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1 alpha-hydroxylase and production of 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 by human dendritic cellsJana Fritsche
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Blood 102:3314-6. 2003..Terminal maturation renders DCs unresponsive to the effects of 1,25(OH)2D3, but those cells are able to suppress the differentiation of their own precursor cells in a paracrine way through the production of 1,25(OH)2D3...
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 stimulates cyclic vitamin D receptor/retinoid X receptor DNA-binding, co-activator recruitment, and histone acetylation in intact osteoblastsSungtae Kim
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:305-17. 2005..techniques to explore this 1,25(OH)2D3-induced process on the 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-24-hydroxylase (Cyp24) and Opn gene promoters in intact osteoblasts...
- Vitamin D-resistant rickets and type 1 diabetes in a child with compound heterozygous mutations of the vitamin D receptor (L263R and R391S): dissociated responses of the CYP-24 and rel-B promoters to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3Minh Nguyen
INSERM Unité 561, Hopital St Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
J Bone Miner Res 21:886-94. 2006..Transfection studies suggest dissociated effects of VDR gene mutations on the regulation of genes involved in vitamin D metabolism and dendritic cell maturation...
- Vitamin D(3) metabolism in human glioblastoma multiforme: functionality of CYP27B1 splice variants, metabolism of calcidiol, and effect of calcitriolBritta Diesel
Institut fur Humangenetik, Theoretische Medizin, Universitat des Saarlandes, Saarbrucken, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:5370-80. 2005..A better understanding of the vitamin D(3) metabolism is required to evaluate its potential therapeutic value for cancers. Here, we set out to contribute to the understanding of vitamin D(3) metabolism in glioblastoma multiforme...
- Natural metabolites of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) retain biologic activity mediated through the vitamin D receptorH Harant
Department of Inflammatory Diseases, Novartis Research Institute, Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biochem 78:112-20. 2000..by two copies of the VDRE of either the mouse osteopontin promoter or the 1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3) 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) promoter...
- Targets of vitamin D receptor signaling in the mammary glandJoEllen Welsh
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:V86-90. 2007..include detection of megalin-mediated uptake of vitamin D-binding protein (DBP) and identification of CYP27B1 and CYP24 metabolizing enzymes in mammary cells, demonstration of precocious mammary gland development in VDR-null mice, and ..
- Monocyte fructose 1,6-bisphosphatase and cytidine deaminase enzyme activities: potential pharmacodynamic measures of calcitriol effects in cancer patientsJosephia R Muindi
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:97-104. 2007..the enzymatic activities of fructose 1,6-bisphosphatase (FBPase), cytidine deaminase (CDDase) and 24-hydroxylase (CYP24), enzymes regulated by calcitriol are useful pharmacodynamic (PD) measures of calcitriol effects in cancer patients...
- Wavelength-dependent induction of CYP24A1-mRNA after UVB-triggered calcitriol synthesis in cultured human keratinocytesMichael Bar
Department of Dermatology, Carl Gustav Carus Medical School, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 127:206-13. 2007..on gene expression of the vitamin D3 hydroxylating enzymes catabolic 25-hydroxyvitamin-D3-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1), active vitamin-D3-25-hydroxylase (CYP27A1), and 25-hydroxyvitamin-D3-1alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) using real-..
- Hereditary 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-resistant rickets with alopecia resulting from a novel missense mutation in the DNA-binding domain of the vitamin D receptorPeter J Malloy
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Room S025, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Genet Metab 99:72-9. 2010..unresponsive to treatment with high concentrations of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) as demonstrated by their failure to induce CYP24A1 gene expression, a marker of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) responsiveness...
- Enzymatic studies on the key enzymes of vitamin D metabolism; 1 alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and 24-hydroxylase (CYP24)K Inouye
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biotechnol Annu Rev 7:179-94. 2001..key enzymes of vitamin D3 metabolism, renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1 alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) were expressed in Escherichia coli, and their enzymatic properties were revealed...
- Cross-talk between vitamin D receptor (VDR)- and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-signaling in melanoma cellsPit Sertznig
Department of Dermatology, The Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:3647-58. 2009..up to 6-fold reduction of the 1,25(OH)2D3-induced elevation of the 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1) expression...
- Gene expression of vitamin D hydroxylase and megalin in the remnant kidney of nephrectomized ratsFumi Takemoto
Kidney Center, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int 64:414-20. 2003..nephrectomized rats, we examined changes in mRNA levels of CYP27B1 (25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1 alpha-hydroxylase), CYP24 (25-hydroxyvitamin D3-24-hydroxylase), and vitamin D receptor in relation to megalin, recently found to ..
- Leptin corrects increased gene expression of renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1 alpha-hydroxylase and -24-hydroxylase in leptin-deficient, ob/ob miceAyako Matsunuma
Department of Biochemistry, Ohu University School of Dentistry, Koriyama 963 8611, Japan
Endocrinology 145:1367-75. 2004..mRNA expression and activities of renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3)-1 alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and -24-hydroxylase (CYP24) compared with control mice...
- Immunopurified 25-hydroxyvitamin D 1 alpha-hydroxylase and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D 24-hydroxylase are closely related but distinct enzymesM Burgos-Trinidad
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences 53706
J Biol Chem 267:3498-505. 1992..Amino-terminal sequences and amino acid composition data demonstrate that these enzymes are different but homologous...
- Calcitriol and genistein actions to inhibit the prostaglandin pathway: potential combination therapy to treat prostate cancerSrilatha Swami
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Nutr 137:205S-210S. 2007..Genistein, a major component of soy, is a potent inhibitor of the activity of CYP24, the enzyme that initiates the degradation of calcitriol...
- Inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis by 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-3beta-(2)-Bromoacetate, a nontoxic and vitamin D receptor-alkylating analog of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in prostate cancer cellsNarasimha Swamy
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 85 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8018-27. 2004..Collectively, these results strongly suggested that 25-OH-D(3)-3-BE has a strong potential as a therapeutic agent for androgen-sensitive and androgen-refractory prostate cancer...
- Vitamin D inhibits growth of human airway smooth muscle cells through growth factor-induced phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein and checkpoint kinase 1G Damera
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104 3403, USA
Br J Pharmacol 158:1429-41. 2009..We hypothesized that calcitriol, a secosteroidal vitamin D receptor (VDR) modulator, would inhibit growth factor-induced myocyte proliferation...
- Functional characterization of heterogeneous nuclear ribonuclear protein C1/C2 in vitamin D resistance: a novel response element-binding proteinHong Chen
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 281:39114-20. 2006..immunoprecipitation of nucleoproteins bound to the transcriptionally active 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D-driven CYP24 promoter revealed the presence of REBiP in vitamin D-responsive human cells and indicated that the normal pattern ..
- Epigenetic silencing of CYP24 in tumor-derived endothelial cells contributes to selective growth inhibition by calcitriolIvy Chung
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8704-14. 2007..vitamin D receptor-signaling axis, this study demonstrates that upon treatment with calcitriol, 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) mRNA, protein and enzymatic activity were markedly induced in MDEC in a time-dependent manner but not in TDEC...
- Anti-proliferative effects of calcitriol on endothelial cells derived from two different microenvironmentsIvy Chung
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:768-70. 2007..This selectivity appears to be related to 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) expression...
- Calcitriol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced inflammatory cytokines in human trophoblastsLorenza Díaz
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Reprod Immunol 81:17-24. 2009..Secreted cytokines were quantified by ELISA. The effects of TNF-alpha on CYP24A1, chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD3B1) and P(450)-aromatase (CYP19) mRNA ..
- Characterization of Vitamin D insensitive prostate cancer cellsAdebusola A Alagbala
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:712-6. 2007..In addition, calcitriol induced the Vitamin D metabolizing enzyme, 24-hydroxylase (cyp24) mRNA and enzyme activity similarly in naïve and VDI cells as measured by RT-PCR and HPLC, respectively...
- Intestinal vitamin D receptor is required for normal calcium and bone metabolism in miceYingben Xue
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47906 2059, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1317-27, e1-2. 2009..To specifically study the effects of VDR in intestinal calcium absorption, we investigated whether restoration of intestinal VDR is sufficient to recover the phenotype of VDR-knockout mice...
- Compound heterozygous mutations in the vitamin D receptor in a patient with hereditary 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-resistant rickets with alopeciaYulin Zhou
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5103, USA
J Bone Miner Res 24:643-51. 2009..Fibroblasts from the patient were unresponsive to 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) as shown by their failure to induce CYP24A1 gene expression, a marker of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) responsiveness...
- Greening of intermittent-light-grown bean plants in continuous light: thylakoid components in relation to photosynthetic performance and capacity for photoprotectionW S Chow
Photobioenergetics Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra, A C T 2601, Australia
Indian J Biochem Biophys 37:395-404. 2000..b content and the contents of apoproteins of light-harvesting chlorophyll-protein complexes (LHCIIb, CP29, CP26 and CP24) increased markedly, neither the total carotenoid content nor the de-epoxidation state of the xanthophylls [ratio ..
- Analysis of the vitamin D system in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomasJörg Reichrath
Department of Dermatology, The Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
J Cutan Pathol 31:224-31. 2004....
- Differential effects of Vitamin D analogs on calcium transportMasaki Nakane
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, United States
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:84-9. 2007..These Vitamin D analogs did not change the expression of Vitamin D receptor (VDR) up to 10nM, but stimulated CYP24A1 expression in a dose-dependent manner with the potency in the order of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)>1,25-..
- Eight cytochrome P450s catalyze vitamin D metabolismYoshihiko Ohyama
Department of Mathematical and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima 739 8526, Japan
Front Biosci 9:3007-18. 2004..27A1, 2D25, 2R1, 3A4, and 2J3) are found to exhibit vitamin D 25-hydroxylation activities, and CYP27B1 and CYP24 are proved to be 1 alpha-hydroxylase and 24-hydroxylase, respectively...
- 23-carboxy-24,25,26,27-tetranorvitamin D3 (calcioic acid) and 24-carboxy-25,26,27-trinorvitamin D3 (cholacalcioic acid): end products of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 metabolism in rat kidney through C-24 oxidation pathwayG Satyanarayana Reddy
Epimer LLC, 4 Richmond Square, Suite 500, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 455:18-30. 2006..are metabolized through the same C-24 oxidation pathway initiated by the enzyme 24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1)...
- Modulation of vitamin d receptor activity by the corepressor hairless: differential effects of hairless isoformsPeter J Malloy
S025 Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology, and Metabolism, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, California 94305 5103, USA
Endocrinology 150:4950-7. 2009..When transfected into HaCaT cells, the full-length HR inhibited endogenous CYP24A1 basal gene expression as well as 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-stimulated CYP24A1 expression...
- Nucleo-cytoplasmic cycling of the vitamin D receptor in the enterocyte-like cell line, Caco-2Anna Klopot
Department of Foods and Nutrition and the Interdepartmental Nutrition Program, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2059, USA
J Cell Biochem 100:617-28. 2007..Downstream events like ligand-induced association of VDR with chromatin at 1 h and the accumulation of CYP24 mRNA were significantly lower in Ro-26-9228 treated cells compared to 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) (60 and 95% lower, ..
- In vitro comparison of the vitamin D endocrine system in 1,25(OH)2D3-responsive and -resistant melanoma cellsJörg Reichrath
Department of Dermatology, The Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 6:48-55. 2007..A strong induction (7000-fold) of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (24OHase, CYP24) mRNA was detected in responsive cell lines along with 1,25(OH)2D3-treatment, indicating functional integrity of ..
- MicroRNA regulates human vitamin D receptorTakuya Mohri
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 125:1328-33. 2009..1,25(OH)(2)D(3) drastically induced the CYP24 mRNA level in MCF-7 cells, but the induction was markedly attenuated by the overexpression of miR-125b...
- Colon-specific regulation of vitamin D hydroxylases--a possible approach for tumor preventionEnikö Kállay
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Wahringer Guertel 18 20, Austria
Carcinogenesis 26:1581-9. 2005..the expected manner by elevating the CYP27B1 expression and reducing VDR and 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) expression...
- Antineoplastic agents target the 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase messenger RNA for degradation: implications in anticancer activityJoseph Tan
Department of Immunopathology, Children, Youth, and Women s Health Service, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Mol Cancer Ther 6:3131-8. 2007..the ability of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) to cause the accumulation of mRNA for kidney 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase (CYP24), an enzyme which catabolizes this hormone...
- Cloning of porcine 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase and its regulation by cAMP in LLC-PK1 cellsT Yoshida
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:963-70. 1999..effect on CYP27B1 mRNA expression at 10 and 100 nmol/L, whereas expression of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) mRNA was markedly increased by 1alpha,25(OH)2D3...
- Calcium-transport in quiescent and 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol-stimulated human osteosarcoma cells. Role in 24 hydroxylase enhancementC Rebut-Bonneton
INSERM, Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 20:339-43. 1988..Our study has allowed us to dissociate the effects of 1,25(OH)2D3 on 24-OHase enhancement from those on Ca2+ transport...
- Role of MAP kinases in the 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-induced transactivation of the rat cytochrome P450C24 (CYP24) promoter. Specific functions for ERK1/ERK2 and ERK5Prem P Dwivedi
Department of Molecular Biosciences Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia 5005
J Biol Chem 277:29643-53. 2002..1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) (1,25D) at the genomic and signal transduction levels to induce rat cytochrome P450C24 (CYP24) gene expression...
- Characterization of the vitamin D endocrine system in human sebocytes in vitroChristina Krämer
Department of Dermatology, The Saarland University Hospital, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 113:9-16. 2009..25 OHase), 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1alpha-hydroxylase (1 alphaOHase), and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (24 OHase) was detected in SZ95 sebocytes in vitro using real time quantitative polymerase chain reaction...
- Altered pharmacokinetics of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in the blood and tissues of the 25-hydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (Cyp24a1) null mouseSonoko Masuda
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Endocrinology 146:825-34. 2005The 25-hydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1) plays an important role in regulating concentrations of both the precursor 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 [25(OH)D3] and the hormone 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1alpha,25(OH)(2)D3]...
- Substrate and enzyme trafficking as a means of regulating 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D synthesis and action: the human innate immune responseJohn S Adams
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:V20-4. 2007..on expression of the activating enzyme 1alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27b1) and its catabolic counterpart 24-hydroxylase (CYP24)...
- Metabolism of 26,26,26,27,27,27-F6-1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 by CYP24: species-based difference between humans and ratsToshiyuki Sakaki
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Oiwake cho, Sakyo ku, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1957-65. 2003..Our previous study demonstrated that CYP24 is responsible for the metabolism of F(6)-1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3) in the target tissues...
- Synthesis of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-26,23-lactone but not 24,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 from 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in opossum kidney cells treated with 1 alpha, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3N Horiuchi
Department of Biochemistry, Ohu University School of Dentistry, Koriyama, Japan
Horm Metab Res 27:83-9. 1995..These results indicate that 1,25(OH)2D3 stimulates the synthesis of 25(OH)D3-26,23-lactone in a dose- and time-dependent manner, but does not induce the gene expression or activity of 24-OHase in OK cells...
- Hypergravity modulates vitamin D receptor target gene mRNA expression in miceMichiyasu Ishizawa
Division of Biochemistry, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Nihon Univ School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi kamicho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E728-34. 2009..When exposed to 2G hypergravity for 2 days, the mRNA expression of renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D 24-hydroxylase (Cyp24a1) was increased and that of 25-hydroxyvitamin D 1alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp27b1) was decreased...
- Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and expression of the gene coding for a ribosome releasing factor-homologous protein of Brucella melitensisN Vizcaino
Laboratoire de Pathologie Infectieuse et Immunologie, Centre de Recherches de Tours, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nouzilly, France
Infect Immun 64:4834-7. 1996The gene coding for a Brucella melitensis cytosoluble protein (CP24) that is immunogenic in infected sheep and a major component of brucellin INRA was cloned and sequenced...
- Mouse vitamin D-24-hydroxylase: molecular cloning, tissue distribution, and transcriptional regulation by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3N Akeno
Department of Biochemistry, Ohu University School of Dentistry, Koriyama, Japan
Endocrinology 138:2233-40. 1997....
- Inhibitors of vitamin D hydroxylases: structure-activity relationshipsInge Schuster
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University Vienna, Althanstrasse 15, A 1090 Wien, Osterreich
J Cell Biochem 88:372-80. 2003..different azole-type inhibitors and examined their capacity to selectively block vitamin D metabolism by CYP24 or synthesis by CYP27B, in human keratinocytes...
- Calcitonin stimulates expression of the rat 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-24-hydroxylase (CYP24) promoter in HEK-293 cells expressing calcitonin receptor: identification of signaling pathwaysX H Gao
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, South Australia, Australia
J Mol Endocrinol 32:87-98. 2004Regulation of the gene for renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D-24-hydroxylase (CYP24) is important for controlling the level of circulating 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3)...
- The highly conserved region of the co-repressor Sin3A functionally interacts with the co-repressor AlienUdo Moehren
Genetic Institute, Justus Liebig University, Heinrich Buff Ring 58 62, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2995-3004. 2004..we show that Alien and Sin3A reside together in vivo with the vitamin D3 receptor on the human 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) promoter containing vitamin D3 response elements by chromatin immunoprecipitation...
- The aryl hydrocarbon receptor activator benzo[a]pyrene enhances vitamin D3 catabolism in macrophagesManabu Matsunawa
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Nihon University School of Medicine, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Toxicol Sci 109:50-8. 2009..BaP effectively enhanced the 1,25(OH)2D3-dependent induction of cytochrome P450 24A1 (CYP24A1) in human monocyte/macrophage-derived THP-1 cells and breast cancer MCF-7 cells...
- Polymorphisms in vitamin D metabolism related genes and risk of multiple sclerosisK Claire Simon
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mult Scler 16:133-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine whether polymorphisms in VDR, CYP27B1, CYP24A1, CYP2R1 and DBP are associated with the risk of MS and whether these variants may modify associations between ..
- Dysregulation of renal vitamin D metabolism in the uremic ratChristian F Helvig
Department of Research and Development, Cytochroma Inc, 330 Cochrane Drive, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 78:463-72. 2010..of both metabolites may reflect their accelerated degradation by the key catabolic enzyme 24-hydroxylase (CYP24)...
- Molecular characterization of a class I P450 electron transfer system from Novosphingobium aromaticivorans DSM12444Wen Yang
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Protein Science, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
J Biol Chem 285:27372-84. 2010..hydroxylase system from Pseudomonas putida, and adrenodoxin (Adx) of the mitochondrial steroidogenic CYP11 and CYP24A1 systems...
- Vitamin D metabolism, cartilage and bone fracture repairRene St-Arnaud
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1A6
Mol Cell Endocrinol 347:48-54. 2011..Finally, preliminary results suggest that mice deficient for Cyp24a1 exhibit a delay in bone fracture healing and support a role for 24,25-(OH)(2)D in mammalian fracture repair.
- Revisiting the supramolecular organization of photosystem II in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRyutaro Tokutsu
Division of Environmental Photobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:31574-81. 2012..only one is seen in the corresponding positions in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, probably due to the absence of CP24, a minor monomeric LHCII. Here, we re-examined the supramolecular organization of the C...
- Detection of 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-regulated miRNAs in zebrafish by whole transcriptome sequencingTheodore A Craig
1 Nephrology and Hypertension Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Zebrafish 11:207-18. 2014..miR125b, by demonstrating alterations in the concentrations of the mRNA of a 1α,25(OH)₂D₃-regulated gene, Cyp24a1, following transfection of renal cells with a miR125b miRNA mimic...
- Vitamin D in Prostate Cancer: Tumor Vasculature EffectsCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Induction of CYP24, the enzyme primarily responsible for calcitriol catabolism, may be a factor in the anti-proliferative activity ..
- Vitamin D: a link to racial disparities in birth outcomesLisa M Bodnar; Fiscal Year: 2012..vitamin D: 25-hydroxylase (CYP27A1), 1a-hydroxylase (CYP27B1), vitamin D binding protein (GC), 24- hydroxylase (CYP24A1), vitamin D receptor (VDR), and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARA)...
- Functional Vitamin D Receptor Gene Variants and Racial/Ethnic Cancer DisparitiesRobin Taylor Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vitamin D Response Elements (VDRE) located in the promoter region of genes involved in vitamin D metabolism (VDR, CYP24A1 and CYP3A4);2) Molecularly characterize VDRE polymorphic variants alone and in combination with VDR-short and VDR-..
- The role of Vitamin D metabolism in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerNithya Ramnath; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data have shown a differential expression of CYP24A1 (the major catabolizing enzyme for 1, 25 (OH)2 D3 in lung cancer versus normal lung and that high levels of ..
- Vitamin D and Prostate Cancer: Biomarkers and Genetic VariationMarian L Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2012..CYP27A1), 1-1-hydroxylase (CYP27B1)], co-activation (NCOA1-3, SMAD3), deactivation [24-hydroxylase (CYP24A1)], transport [vitamin D binding protein encoded by group- specific component (GC)], and vitamin D signaling [..
- Peter W Jurutka; Fiscal Year: 2014..that SNPs in VDR may influence circulating concentrations of 1,25(OH)2D;further, two enzymes, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1, are of particular importance in metabolic homeostasis of this molecule...
- Vitamin D Status, Vitamin D Receptor Gene Variants, and Hypertension RiskLu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2011..analyses of plasma 25(OH)D and genetic variants in vitamin D pathway (candidate genes including VDR, CYP27B1, CYP24A1, GC, RXRA, RXRB, and RXRG) in relation to BP and hypertension...
- Lu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..analyses of plasma 25(OH)D and genetic variants in vitamin D pathway (candidate genes including VDR, CYP27B1, CYP24A1, GC, RXRA, RXRB, and RXRG) in relation to BP and hypertension...
- Vitamin D, Related Genes and Breast Cancer RiskAnne Zeleniuch-Jacquotte; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also assess genetic variation in vitamin D-related genes (CYP27A1, CYP24A1, DBP, VDR, and RXRA) and evaluate the joint effects of circulating 25(OH)D and variants in these genes on breast ..
- Vitamin D & Calcium Regulation Biomarkers in Colon Cancer Risk ReductionRoberd Bostick; Fiscal Year: 2007..is known about the factors that initiate tissue-specific 1,25(OH)2D synthesis (by CYP27B1) and catabolism (by CYP24)...
- Genetic Variants Influencing Response to Vitamin D in Colorectal ChemopreventionElizabeth L Barry; Fiscal Year: 2012..7-dehydrocholesterol reductase (DHCR7), 3) the 25-hydroxylase enzyme CYP2R1, and 4) the 24-hydroxylase enzyme CYP24A1. It is not known whether these "GWAS hits" that influence 25(OH)D level also influence the increase in 25(OH)D ..
- Vitamin D3 Metabolism and Colorectal Cancer: Correlating Phenotype to GenotypeJosephia R Muindi; Fiscal Year: 2011..of CYP27B1 catalyzed hydroxylation of 25-D3 to 1,25-D3;and 24,25-D3/25-D3 ratio ` a measure of the predominantly CYP24A1 catalyzed hydroxylation of 25-D3 to 24,25-D3...
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Also the mRNA and protein expression of VDR, CYP24A1, CYP27B1, NF-kB, importin-[unreadable]3, and prohibitin in isolated smooth muscle cells will be examined...
- Vitamin D Ligands and Regulation of Calcium HomeostasisJ Wesley Pike; Fiscal Year: 2012..We plan to explore the consequence of Cyp24a1 inactivation on 1,25(OH)2D3`s ability to trigger TRPV5, TRPV6 and RankL activation using the Cyp24a1 null mouse...
- Sunlight Exposure & Vitamin D Metabolic Gene Variations in Parkinson's DiseaseBeate R Ritz; Fiscal Year: 2010..physiological vitamin D activity in genes critical to the vitamin D pathway (VDR, GC, CYP27A1, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1) increase the risk of PD...
- Genetic Variation in Vitamin D Metabolism and BMT OutcomesKIMBERLY ROBIEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..genotypes, in the vitamin D metabolic pathway (CYP2R1, CYP3A4, CYP27A1, CYP27B1, vitamin D binding protein, and CYP24A1) are associated with risk of acute GVHD, disease relapse, and survival among individuals who have undergone ..
- ROLE OF CYP24 IN NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCERPamela A Hershberger; Fiscal Year: 2013..led to the identification of a novel growth regulatory pathway in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that involves CYP24, the enzyme that degrades the endogenous anti-proliferative agent, 1,25- dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3)...
- Genetics of Prostate Cancer Risk & AgressivenessGraham Casey; Fiscal Year: 2007..genes involved in 1) vitamin D metabolism (vitamin D receptor, 1-alpha-hydroxylase (CYP27B1) and 24-hydroxylase (CYP24)), 2) insulin-like growth factor signaling (IGFBP-3), 3) folate metabolism (5,10- Methylene-tetrahydrofolate ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF ANTI-TUMOR NSAIDSMichael Lilly; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies have identified CYP24 (= vitamin D 24-hydroxylase) as a gene potently down-regulated by R-FB...
- Serum 25(OH)D levels, VDR and CYP24 polymorphisms, and NSCLC survivalZhaoxi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will then investigate the role of polymorphic vitamin D receptor (VDR) and CYP24 genes in altering NSCLC prognosis...
- 2005 Bones & Teeth Gordon ConferenceRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..These funds, if granted, will aid immeasurably in allowing the Gordon Research Conference to fulfill its function to stimulate further creativity in bone, cartilage and tooth research. ..
- Advances in Mineral Metabolism (AMM) meetingRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The FIAT-ATF4 interaction and the control of bone massRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will elucidate the molecular mechanisms through which FIAT regulates bone mass accrual in vivo. ..
- Advances in Mineral Metabolism (AIMM) annual meetingRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vitamin D Hormone Signaling in Bone Mineral HomeostasisMark R Haussler; Fiscal Year: 2010..new therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat osteoporosis with bone anabolic 1,25(OH)2D3 analogs, but could also shed light on the novel anticancer effects of vitamin D at sites such as the colon, skin, breast and ..
- FUNCTION OF THE VITAMIN D RECEPTOR AND BONE DISEASEMARK HAUSSLER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NOVEL FUNCTIONS OF THE VITAMIN D RECEPTOR AND DISEASEMARK HAUSSLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, intestinal CYP3A4, as well as renal CYP24 and CYP3A23 gene expression will be investigated as VDR targets in cotransfected cultured cells...
- A Pilot Study of Novel Candidate Genes for PreeclampsiaSue Ingles; Fiscal Year: 2005..While the likely severity of such bias has been debated in the epidemiologic literature, there have been no studies to assess the extent of this problem in Hispanics, one of the populations that is most likely to be affected. ..
- ANDROGEN PRODUCTION IN ADRENARCHE AND PCOSWALTER MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DISORDERS OF MINERAL METABOLISM IN CHILDRENThomas Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the long-standing collaborations with the Departments of Internal Medicine and Orthopaedics provide for a rich intellectual environment, and critical mass of interest. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCERSue Ingles; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dietary and risk-factor questionnaires and blood samples will be collected. Odds ratios and effect modification will be evaluated using standard epidemiologic methods. ..
- Microarray-Based Scanning of the Mouse GenomeDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2008..New approaches for hybridization and analysis will be developed to extend the dynamic range of the expression measurements so we can obtain data from mRNAs expressed at very low abundances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prx1 in malignant progression of prostate cancerCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will also provide a soundscientific basis upon which the role ofPrxl canbe elucidatedin prostate cancer, enabling the development of novelprognostic/therapeutic approaches to inhibit its malignant progression. ..
- Nutriuretic Peptides, the Renin-Angiotensin System, and Metabolic Risk in ObesityThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Assessment ofbiochemial markers of these pathways may identify obese individuals at higher risk of developing cardiovascular risk factors and may suggest novel therapeutic targets. ..
- A Serum Marker for Aggressive Prostate CancerDonna M Peehl; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TRIOXANES FOR CHEMOTHERAPY OF MALARIA AND CANCERGary Posner; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- REGULATION OF INTESTINAL CALCIUM TRANSPORT BY VITAMIN DDaniel Bikle; Fiscal Year: 2001..These manipulations will all be tested for their ability to block 1,25D-stimulated calcium transport. ..
- Molecular Genetics of the HPA(I) AxisPhillip Danielson; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- VITAMIN D P450 FUNCTION--NATURAL & DIRECTED MUTAGENESISJohn Omdahl; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETICS OF FAMILIAL FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSISL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2002..Knowledge derived from FFSGS will also allow a better understanding of pathogenesis of non-hereditary forms FSGS and may provide insights regarding management of the more common sporadic forms of this disorder. ..
- MECHANISMS OF GENE SELECTIVITY IN VITAMIN D SIGNALINGJ Pike; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ESTROGENS AND OSTEOCLAST RECRUITMENT AND DIFFERENTIATIONJ Pike; Fiscal Year: 2003..As in Specific Aim 1, the activity of SERMs in osteoclast differentiation will be evaluated. ..
- VITAMIN D AND THE DIFFERENTIATION OF KERATINOCYTESDaniel Bikle; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- VITAMIN D METABOLISM THROUGH A RING MODIFICATIONSatyanarayana Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Amplicon Profiling by Array CGHDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Enhancing the Safety of Research ParticipantsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- EXTRACELLULAR CALCIUM-SENSING RECEPTORS IN OSTEOBLASTSL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful completion of this project is certain to yield important new knowledge regarding the function of GPRC6A. ..
- Evaluation of CYP24 as a Target for Enhancing Vitamin D*Donald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006..following oral administration, which may depend on induction of mucosal and hepatic metabolism of calcitriol by CYP24, the enzyme most active in calcitriol catabolism  intratumor catabolism of calcitriol by CYP24...
- Chemoprevention/Therapy Using Non-Calcemic Vitamin DGary Posner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Collectively, these studies will provide important structure- activity insights into the cancer chemoprotective and chemotherapeutic actions and molecular biology of vitamin D3 analogs. ..
- Genomic Analysis of ER Negative Breast CancerDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, these studies will determine which mouse models most closely resemble different subtypes of ER negative tumors at the molecular level, thereby enhancing their utility as preclinical models. ..
- DIFFERENTIAL FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF RUNX2 ISOFORMSL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will define the unique functions of the N-terminal domains, and determine if translational regulation contributes to the tissue-specific expression of Runx2-I and Runx2-II isoforms. ..
- Natriuretic Peptides, Genes, and Diastolic Heart FailureThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each of these skills will be critical to the candidate's long-term goal of becoming an independent clinical investigator with a focus on heart failure. ..
- High Resolution Genomic Analysis of Amplicon StructureDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells: Clinical Correlates and Prognosis in the CommunityThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- GLUCOCORTICOIDS & VITAMIN D: ROLE IN ANTI-TUMOR EFFECTSCandace Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ketoconazole, an inhibitor of CYP24, the enzyme responsible of catabolism of calcitriol, can synergize with calcitriol and dex both in vitro and in ..
- Genomic and Functional Analysis of Oral Cancer DevelopmentDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The most fundamental way to make progress toward improving diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer is to elucidate the specific genes and the interactions among genes that become abnormal as cancer develops. ..