Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp1A1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 1, subfamily A, polypeptide 1
Alias: AHH, AHRR, CP11, CYP1, P1-450, P450-C, P450DX, CYPIA1, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase, cytochrome P1-450, dioxin-inducible, cytochrome P450 1A1, cytochrome P450 form 6, cytochrome P450, subfamily I (aromatic compound-inducible), polypeptide 1, cytochrome P450-C, cytochrome P450-P1, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Arylhydrocarbon receptor-dependent induction of liver and lung cytochromes P450 1A1, 1A2, and 1B1 by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and polychlorinated biphenyls in genetically engineered C57BL/6J miceTsutomu Shimada
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 3 69 Nakamichi 1 chome, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
Carcinogenesis 23:1199-207. 2002..To understand the basis of roles of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 in the activation of chemical carcinogens, we compared levels of induction of liver and lung CYP1A1, ..
- A pharmacogenetic study to investigate the role of dietary carcinogens in the etiology of colorectal cancerChristoph Sachse
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Carcinogenesis 23:1839-49. 2002..and 593 controls (433 matched case-control pairs) were genotyped for common polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6), glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1), ..
- CYP1A1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 polymorphisms, smoking, and lung cancer risk in a pooled analysis among Asian populationsKyoung Mu Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1120-6. 2008To evaluate the roles of CYP1A1 polymorphisms [Ile 462Val and T 6235C (MspI)] and deletion of GSTM1 and GSTT1 in lung cancer development in Asian populations, a pooled analysis was conducted on 13 existing studies included in Genetic ..
- Four polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) gene and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisTheodoros N Sergentanis
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:459-69. 2010Cytochrome P450s are enzymes which catalyze Phase-I metabolism reactions; cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) is a member of the CYP1 family and participates in the metabolism of a vast number of xenobiotics, as well as endogenous substrates...
- Cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) T3801C and A2455G polymorphisms in breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisChengwen Chen
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200433, People s Republic of China
J Hum Genet 52:423-35. 2007The cytochrome P450 1A1 gene (CYP1A1), encoding Phase I metabolic enzymes, appeared to be a candidate gene for breast cancer risk...
- Cytochrome P-450 1A1 gene polymorphisms and risk of breast cancer: a HuGE reviewL F Masson
Epidemiology Group, Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
Am J Epidemiol 161:901-15. 2005..It is expressed predominantly in extrahepatic tissues, including the breast. Four CYP1A1 gene polymorphisms (3801T --> C, Ile462Val, 3205T --> C, and Thr461Asp) have been studied in relation to breast ..
- Glutathione S-transferase genotypes and allergic responses to diisocyanate exposureP Piirilä
Departments of Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenetics 11:437-45. 2001..0, 95% CI 2.19-55.3). The results suggest, for the first time, that the polymorphic GSTs, especially the mu class GSTs, play an important role in inception of ill effects related to occupational exposure to diisocyanates...
- Combinations of cytochrome P-450 genotypes and risk of early-onset lung cancer in Caucasians and African Americans: a population-based studyM L Cote
Population Studies and Prevention Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, United States
Lung Cancer 55:255-62. 2007Polymorphisms in CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 genes in humans are associated with reduction of enzymatic activity towards several substrates, including those found in tobacco smoke...
- Lack of significant association between CYP1A1 T3801C polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis involving 25,087 subjectsLei Yao
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:503-7. 2010..To date, many publications have evaluated the correlation between cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) T3801C polymorphism and breast cancer risk. However, the results remain inconclusive...
- Polymorphisms in CYP1A1 and breast carcinoma risk in a population-based case-control study of Chinese womenSonia M Boyapati
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Services Research, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer 103:2228-35. 2005b>Cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) is involved in the 2-hydroxylation of estrogen, the hormone that plays a critical role in the etiology of breast carcinoma.
- The influence of metabolic gene polymorphisms on urinary 1-hydroxypyrene concentrations in Chinese coke oven workersBo Chen
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
Sci Total Environ 381:38-46. 2007..No influence was found in the association between urinary 1-OHP and other genetic polymorphisms such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2E1, EPHX1, EPHX2 in this population.
- Urinary 1-hydroxypyrene level relative to vehicle exhaust exposure mediated by metabolic enzyme polymorphismsChun Yu Chuang
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
J Occup Health 49:140-51. 2007..12 +/- 0.05 vs. 0.07 +/- 0.03 micromol/mol creatinine). The subjects with the m1/m2 or m2/m2 genotype of CYP1A1 MspI or GSTM1 deficiency had significantly higher urinary 1-OHP levels than those with other CYP1A1 MspI and GSTM1 ..
- Inherited variation in carcinogen-metabolizing enzymes and risk of colorectal polypsEllen L Goode
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Seattle, WA, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:328-41. 2007..We hypothesized that genetic variation in the encoding genes NAT1, NAT2, SULT1A1, SULT1A2, CYP1A1 or EPHX1 is associated with risk of colorectal polyps and interacts with cigarette use or meat intake to modify ..
- The CYP1A1 genotype may alter the association of meat consumption patterns and preparation with the risk of colorectal cancer in men and womenMaureen A Murtaugh
Health Research Center, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
J Nutr 135:179-86. 2005..with meat preparation methods producing heterocyclic amines or polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons is modified by the CYP1A1 genotype alone or in combination with the GSTM1 genotype or the NAT2 imputed phenotype...
- Serum increases CYP1A1 induction by 3-methylcholanthreneQuoc Binh N'Guyen
UMR CNRS 6032, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, FR 13385, Marseille Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:249-54. 2002b>CYP1A1 is largely involved in carcinogenesis through the bioactivation of numerous procarcinogens. Exposure to environmental pollutants such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) leads to induction of CYP1A1 via AhR pathway...
- Organization of the CYP1A cluster on human chromosome 15: implications for gene regulationJ Corchero
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pharmacogenetics 11:1-6. 2001..A human genomic clone from a BAC library, containing both CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genes, was isolated and sequenced...
- Polymorphisms in CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1 and lung cancer below the age of 45 yearsE Taioli
Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Italy
Int J Epidemiol 32:60-3. 2003..The role of metabolic gene polymorphisms has never been studied in young lung cancer cases. Phase 1 and Phase 2 gene polymorphisms are involved in tobacco carcinogens' metabolism and therefore in lung cancer risk...
- Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaS Pakakasama
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Hematol 79:202-5. 2005..7; 95% CI, 1.0, 2.7). In contrast, the GSTT1 null genotype did not show this effect. Our data thus demonstrate that the GSTM1 null genotype might increase the risk of childhood ALL in a Thai population...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls, cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk among African American women and white women in North Carolina: a population-based case-control studyYu Li
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Heath, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R12-8. 2005..However, two recent studies showed a stronger association among postmenopausal white women with the inducible M2 polymorphism in the cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) gene.
- Interaction between CYP1A1 polymorphic variants and dietary exposures influencing ovarian cancer riskKathryn L Terry
Obstetrics and Gynecology Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:187-90. 2003Aromatic hydrocarbon hydroxylase (CYP1A1) is involved in the metabolism of many substrates and the subject of cancer studies. This study examined the association between two polymorphic variants of CYP1A1 and ovarian cancer risk...
- Ovarian cancer risk and polymorphisms involved in estrogen catabolismSarah K Holt
Program in Epidemiology, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, P O Box 19024 M4 C308, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:481-9. 2007..Subjects were interviewed and genotyped for CYP1A1 m1, m2, m3, and m4; CYP1B1 Arg(48)Gly, Ala(119)Ser, Val(432)Leu, and Asn(453)Ser; COMT Val(158)Met; UGT1A1 A(TA)..
- Assessment of interactions between PAH exposure and genetic polymorphisms on PAH-DNA adducts in African American, Dominican, and Caucasian mothers and newbornsShuang Wang
Department of Biostatistics, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:405-13. 2008..play an important role in the metabolic activation or detoxification of PAHs, including the cytochrome P450 genes CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 and the glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes GSTM1, and GSTT2...
- CYP1A1 polymorphism and risk of gynecological malignancy in JapanT Sugawara
Departments of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:785-90. 2003..Estrogens are metabolized by cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) and converted into catecholestrogens, which are carcinogens...
- Benzo(a)pyrene diolepoxide (BPDE)-DNA adduct levels in leukocytes of smokers in relation to polymorphism of CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, and mEHMaura Lodovici
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1342-8. 2004..The high-risk group included subjects characterized by a combination of increased B(a)P activation [cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) MspI and/or exon 7 Ile462Val allele variants and microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH) fast activity] ..
- Cigarette smoking, cytochrome P4501A1 polymorphisms, and breast cancer among African-American and white womenYu Li
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Heath and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Breast Cancer Res 6:R460-73. 2004Previous epidemiologic studies suggest that women with variant cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) genotypes who smoke cigarettes are at increased risk for breast cancer.
- Polymorphisms in steroid hormone pathway genes and mammographic densityChristopher A Haiman
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 77:27-36. 2003..investigate variation in mammographic breast density, by 10 polymorphisms in eight candidate genes (CYP17, CYP19, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, COMT, UGT1A1, AR, and AIB1). Breast density was assessed using a computer-assisted technique...
- CYP1A1 T3801 C polymorphism and lung cancer: a pooled analysis of 2451 cases and 3358 controlsPaolo Vineis
Universita degli Studi di Torino, Torino, Italy
Int J Cancer 104:650-7. 2003b>CYP1A1 is involved in the metabolism of benzopyrene, a suspected lung carcinogen; it is therefore conceivable that genetically determined variations in its activity modify individual susceptibility to lung cancer...
- EPHX1 polymorphisms and the risk of lung cancer: a HuGE reviewChikako Kiyohara
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Epidemiology 17:89-99. 2006..The aim of this study is to review and summarize the available molecular epidemiologic studies of lung cancer and EPHX1...
- Joint effects of the CYP1A1 MspI, ERalpha PvuII, and ERalpha XbaI polymorphisms on the risk of breast cancer: results from a population-based case-control study in Shanghai, ChinaYueping Shen
School of Radiation Medicine and Public Health, Soochow University, Suzhou, PR China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:342-7. 2006..We examined whether CYP1A1 MspI, ERalpha PvuII, and ERalpha XbaI genetic polymorphisms could increase the risk of breast cancer among Chinese ..
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P4501A1 and susceptibility to oral squamous cell carcinoma and oral precancer lesions associated with smoking/betel useShou Yen Kao
Department of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Oral Pathol Med 31:505-11. 2002The importance of the CYP1A1 polymorphisms at exon 7 (Ile/Val) and 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) has been controversial in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) or head and neck SCC (HNSCC) denoting the value of exploring the correlation ..
- A common regulatory region functions bidirectionally in transcriptional activation of the human CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genesRika Ueda
Division of Drug Metabolism and Molecular Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aramaki aoba 6 3, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 69:1924-30. 2006The human CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genes on chromosome 15 are orientated head-to-head and are separated by a 23-kilobase (kb) intergenic spacer region...
- GSTM1 and CYP1A1 polymorphisms, tobacco, air pollution, and lung cancer: a study in rural ThailandPaola Pisani
Descriptive Epidemiology Group, IARC, Lyons, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:667-74. 2006..The presence of several large open-cast coal mines from 1955 close to electricity-generating plants was a particular focus of concern...
- A population-based study of the Arg399Gln polymorphism in X-ray repair cross- complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and risk of pancreatic adenocarcinomaEric J Duell
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 62:4630-6. 2002..We also assessed potential gene-gene interactions between polymorphisms in XRCC1 and CYP1A1, GSTT1, and GSTM1...
- CYP1A1 gene polymorphism and risk of epithelial ovarian neoplasmDilek Aktas
Department of Genetics, Hacettepe University Medical School, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 86:124-8. 2002..Previous studies suggest that estrogens are involved in the etiology of ovarian cancer. The cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) gene polymorphism may play role in the development of epithelial ovarian neoplasm by ..
- Influence of CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and NQO1 genotypes and cumulative smoking dose on lung cancer risk in a Swedish populationAnna Karin Alexandrie
Work Environment Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:908-14. 2004..We identified previously the possible modifying influence of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in a Swedish population...
- An investigation of mammographic density and gene variants in healthy womenGertraud Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Cancer 112:683-8. 2004..Following DNA extraction, samples were analyzed for polymorphisms in the COMT (Val158Met), CYP1A1 (Ile462Val), CYP1B1 (Val432Leu), CYP1A2 (*1F) and CYP17 (T27C) genes using PCR-RFLP...
- Evidence for a new human CYP1A1 regulation pathway involving PPAR-alpha and 2 PPRE sitesE Seree
FRE Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Faculte de Pharmacie, Marseille, France
Gastroenterology 127:1436-45. 2004b>Cytochrome P450 1A1 catalyzes the degradation of endobiotics (estradiol, fatty acids, and so on) and the bioactivation of numerous environmental procarcinogens, such as arylamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, that are found in ..
- Risk of non-small cell lung cancer and the cytochrome P4501A1 Ile462Val polymorphismJill Everland Larsen
Department of Thoracic Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Cancer Causes Control 16:579-85. 2005The Ile462Val substitution in the cytochrome P450 1A1 gene (CYP1A1) results in increased enzymatic activity...
- CYP1A1, cigarette smoking, and colon and rectal cancerMartha L Slattery
Health Research Center, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:842-52. 2004..The authors evaluated the association of two polymorphisms in the CYP1A1 gene--the noncoding Msp I polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region and the Ile462Val polymorphism in exon 7--..
- Relationship between genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, and NAT2), drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancerShioto Suzuki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Gastroenterol 39:220-30. 2004..Therefore, we studied the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes, drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancer...
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 on the urinary levels of 1-hydroxypyreneP Apostoli
Chair of Industrial Hygiene, Department of Experimental and Applied Medicine, University of Brescia, P le Spedali Civili, 1, Brescia 25123, Italy
Toxicol Lett 144:27-34. 2003..the influence of the genetic polymorphism of two enzymes involved in the biotransformation of xenobiotics, cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) and glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), on the urinary levels of 1-hydroxypyrene (1-OH-P) in ..
- CYP1A1 and GSTM1 genetic polymorphisms in lung cancer populations exposed to arsenic in drinking waterM Adonis
Laboratorio de Bioquímica y Toxicología Ambiental, Facultad de Medicina, ICBM, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Xenobiotica 35:519-30. 2005....
- Interactions between CYP1A1 polymorphisms and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke in the modulation of lymphocyte bulky DNA adducts and chromosomal aberrationsPanagiotis Georgiadis
National Hellenic Research Foundation, Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, 48 Vas Constantinou Avenue, Athens 116 35, Greece
Carcinogenesis 26:93-101. 2005b>CYP1A1 plays an important role in the metabolic activation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), carcinogenic components of air pollution...
- Variable drug metabolism genes in Arab populationR Bu
King Fahad National Center for Children s Cancer and Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pharmacogenomics J 4:260-6. 2004..We used PCR analysis to catalog the frequencies of alleles and genotypes for CYP1A1, NAT2, GSTs, MTHFR, MTR (MS) and NQO*1 in Arabs...
- Pooled analysis of the CYP1A1 exon 7 polymorphism and lung cancer (United States)Loic Le Marchand
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Cancer Causes Control 14:339-46. 2003b>Cytochrome P450 1A1 plays a major role in the bioactivation of a number of tobacco procarcinogens...
- Polymorphism in CYP1A1 and CYP2E1 genes and susceptibility to leukoplakia in Indian tobacco usersNilabja Sikdar
Anthropology and Human Genetics Unit, Biological Sciences Division, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B T Road, Kolkata 700108, India
Cancer Lett 195:33-42. 2003..In this study, we investigated polymorphisms at two sites in the CYP1A1 and three sites in the CYP2E1 genes in 99 leukoplakia patients and 227 controls from one Indian population...
- [Analysis of the polymorphic alleles of genes encoding phase 1 and phase 2 detoxication enzymes in patients with endometriosis]T E Ivashchenko
Ott Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St Petersburg, 199034 Russia
Genetika 39:525-9. 2003Polymorphysms of the three genes encoding phase 1 (CYP1A1, mEPH1, and CYP2E2) and the three genes encoding phase 2 (NAT2, GSTM1, and GSTT1) xenobiotic detoxication enzymes were typed by use of PCR in 74 patients with extragenital ..
- CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 polymorphisms and risk of lung cancer among never smokers: a population-based studyA S Wenzlaff
Population Studies and Prevention Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:2207-12. 2005..Polymorphisms within the CYP1A1 gene have been shown to be associated with lung cancer risk, predominantly among Asian populations...
- Association between xenobiotic gene polymorphisms and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma riskIan Kerridge
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
Br J Haematol 118:477-81. 2002..Polymorphisms of six xenobiotic genes (CYP1A1, GSTT1, GSTM1, PON1, NAT1, NAT2) were characterized in 169 individuals with NHL and 205 normal controls using ..
- The influence of genetic polymorphisms in Ahr, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, GST M1, GST T1 and UGT1A1 on urine 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide concentrations in healthy subjects from Rio Grande do Sul, BrazilChristian C Abnet
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 320, MSC 7232, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:112-7. 2007..010. Variants in aryl hydrocarbon receptor (Ahr) (rs4986826), CYP1A1 (rs1799814) and CYP1A2 (rs2069514) were also, although less strongly, associated with changes in urine 1-OHPG ..
- Increased risk for acute myeloid leukaemia in individuals with glutathione S-transferase mu 1 (GSTM1) and theta 1 (GSTT1) gene defectsV R Arruda
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Haematol 66:383-8. 2001..Both the GST mu 1 (GSTM1) and GST theta 1 (GSTT1) genes have a null variant allele in which the entire gene is absent. In this study, we tested whether null genotypes for the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes altered the risks for MDS, AML and AA...
- Biological monitoring the exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons of coke oven workers in relation to smoking and genetic polymorphisms for GSTM1 and GSTT1J H van Delft
Toxicology Division, TNO Nutrition and Food Research Institute, P O Box 360, 3700 AJ, Zeist, The Netherlands
Ann Occup Hyg 45:395-408. 2001..Also no significant interactions were observed between the various biomarkers.Conclusion: This study shows that in the examined plant, the occupational exposure to PAH does not result in measurable early biological effects..
- A C4887A polymorphism in exon 7 of human CYP1A1: population frequency, mutation linkages, and impact on lung cancer susceptibilityI Cascorbi
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Cancer Res 56:4965-9. 1996This study reports a C-->A transversion at position 4887 in exon 7 of cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1), resulting in a threonine-asparagine exchange in codon 461...
- Polymorphisms in metabolic genes related to tobacco smoke and the risk of gastric cancer in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutritionAntonio Agudo
Unit of Epidemiology, Catalan Institute of Oncology, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Av Gran Via s n km 2 7, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2427-34. 2006..results of a study looking at the association between risk of gastric adenocarcinoma and polymorphisms in genes CYP1A1, CYP1A2, EPHX1, and GSTT1...
- Genetic polymorphisms of biotransformation enzymes: allele frequencies in the population of the Czech RepublicJ Sarmanova
Biotransformations Group, Center of Occupational Diseases, National Institute of Public Health, Praha, Czech Republic
Pharmacogenetics 10:781-8. 2000..fragment length polymorphism based genotyping assays were used to determine the frequency of polymorphisms in CYP1A1 (3'-flanking region), CYP2E1 (5'-flanking region and intron 6), EPHX (exon 3 and exon 4), GSTM1 (deletion), GSTP1 (..
- Evidence of gene gene interactions in lung carcinogenesis in a large pooled analysisPaolo Vineis
Epidemiology Department, Univerisitá degli Studi di Torino, 10126 Torino, Italy
Carcinogenesis 28:1902-5. 2007..risk of cancer, we have studied the cumulative effect on lung cancer risk of variants in three metabolic genes, CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1, which are involved in the metabolism of the tobacco smoke constituents and environmental ..
- CYP1A1 *2B and *4 polymorphisms are associated with lung cancer susceptibility in Mexican patientsM P Gallegos-Arreola
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Division of Molecular Medicine, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica de Occidente, Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico
Int J Biol Markers 23:24-30. 2008CYP1A1 is a gene involved in the high aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase -inducible phenotype, which is a genetically-determined variation among individuals that has been associated with lung cancer risk...
- CYP1A1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in Chinese populations: a meta-analysisXiuquan Shi
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
Lung Cancer 59:155-63. 2008Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome p450 (CYP1A1) and glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) genes are thought to have significant effects on the metabolism of environmental carcinogens and thus on cancer risk, but the reported results are ..
- Interaction of cytochrome P4501A1 genotypes with other risk factors and susceptibility to lung cancerParag P Shah
Developmental Toxicology Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow 226001, India
Mutat Res 639:1-10. 2008..population, the present case-control study attempted to investigate the association of polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) and glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) with risk to squamous cell carcinoma of lung malignancy...
- Association of CYP1A1 polymorphisms with breast cancer in North Indian womenNeetu Singh
Genotoxicity Laboratory, Toxicology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, Uttar Pradesh, India
Oncol Res 16:587-97. 2007..In the present case control study four CYP1A1 gene polymorphisms, m1 (T6235C), m2 (A4889G), m3 (T5639C), and m4 (C4887A) were studied for their association with ..
- Transcriptional activation of CYP2C9, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha requires coactivators peroxisomal proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alpha and steroid receptor coactivator 1Celia P Martinez-Jimenez
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Avenida de Campanar, 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Mol Pharmacol 70:1681-92. 2006..transfection of PGC1alpha in human hepatoma cells caused a significant dose-dependent increase in CYP2C9, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 and in the positive control CYP7A1...
- Identification of genetically high risk individuals to lung cancer by DNA polymorphisms of the cytochrome P450IA1 geneK Kawajiri
Department of Biochemistry, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Japan
FEBS Lett 263:131-3. 1990..This is the first report to identify the genetically high risk individuals to lung cancer at the gene level...
- Aromatic DNA adduct levels in coke oven workers: correlation with polymorphisms in genes GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1 and CYP1A1Joao Paulo Teixeira
Environmental Health and Toxicology Department, National Institute of Health, Largo 1 de Dezembro, 4000 Porto, Portugal
Mutat Res 517:147-55. 2002..to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from a coke oven plant and explore the possible association between CYP1A1 MspI, GSTP1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes, and smoking status on bulky DNA adduct formation...
- Susceptibility factors and DNA adducts in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of aluminium smelter workers exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsRainer Tuominen
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Toxicol 76:178-86. 2002..Genetic polymorphisms for cytochrome P-4501A1 ( CYP1A1), microsomal epoxide hydrolase, N-acetyltransferase 2, glutathione transferases M1, P1 and T1 ( GSTM1, GSTP1 and ..
- The effect of relevant genotypes on PAH exposure-related biomarkersTerhi Kuljukka-Rabb
Institute of Occupational Health, FIN 00250 Helsinki, Finland
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 12:81-91. 2002..Urinary mutagenicity was measured using the Ames test. CYP1A1, microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH), and glutathione S-transferase (GST) genotypes were analyzed by polymerase ..
- Metabolic gene polymorphism frequencies in control populationsS Garte
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:1239-48. 2001..noncancer) subjects, the allele and genotype frequencies for many of the more commonly studied metabolic genes (CYP1A1, CYP2E1, CYP2D6, GSTM1, GSTT1, NAT2, GSTP, and EPHX) in the human population were determined...
- Colorectal cancer and genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1: a case-control study in the Grampian region of ScotlandJulian Little
Epidemiology Group, Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Int J Cancer 119:2155-64. 2006Cytochrome P-450 CYP1A1 is involved in the metabolism of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) that are derived from meat intake and tobacco smoking...
- Genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes and susceptibility to oral cavity cancerMatthias Hahn
Institute of Pathology, Department of Medicine of the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Oral Oncol 38:486-90. 2002..DNA of 94 Caucasian patients in Germany and 92 healthy German controls to determine genotypes of polymorphisms in CYP1A1, GSTM1 and NAT2. For CYP1A1, the homozygous mutant genotype Val/Val did not occur...
- Genetic linkage of lung cancer-associated MspI polymorphisms with amino acid replacement in the heme binding region of the human cytochrome P450IA1 geneS Hayashi
Department of Biochemistry, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute
J Biochem 110:407-11. 1991....
- Genetic association study of CYP1A1 polymorphisms identifies risk haplotypes in nonsmall cell lung cancerC M Wright
Dept of Thoracic Medicine, Room 2, Level 1 Clinical Sciences Building, The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, QLD, Australia
Eur Respir J 35:152-9. 2010..Phase I enzymes, including cytochrome P(450), family 1, subfamily A, polypeptide 1 (CYP1A1), are involved in the activation of carcinogens, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, to reactive ..
- CYP1A1 Val462 and NQO1 Ser187 polymorphisms, cigarette use, and risk for colorectal adenomaLifang Hou
Department of Human and Health Services, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:1122-8. 2005..Polymorphic variants in NQO1 and CYP1A1 influence the activation of carcinogenic substances in tobacco smoke, possibly impacting on tobacco-associated ..
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms in metabolic enzymes on the relationships between 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine levels in human leukocytes and urinary 1-hydroxypyrene and 2-naphthol concentrationsYong Dae Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungbuk National University, South Korea
J Occup Health 45:160-7. 2003..PAHs) and oxidative stress, and to evaluate the effects of cigarette smoking and the genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, NAT2 and UGT1A6 on the relationship...
- Molecular aspects of osteopathy in type 1 Gaucher disease: correlation between genetics and bone densityEfrat Arnheim
Gaucher Clinic, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, One Bazak Road, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem, Israel
Rheumatol Int 28:873-7. 2008..01) in patients. Haplotypes of bone-specific candidate genes associated with BMD may predict severity of these features in Gaucher disease...
- Genetic polymorphisms of biotransformation enzymes in patients with Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomasJ Sarmanova
Biotransformations Group, Center of Occupational Diseases, National Institute of Public Health, Srobarova 48, Praha 10, 100 42, Czech Republic
Hum Mol Genet 10:1265-73. 2001..biotransformation enzymes, we aimed at determining whether any association exists between genetic polymorphisms in CYP1A1, CYP2E1, epoxide hydrolase (EPHX), glutathione S-transferases (GSTM1/P1/T1) and individual susceptibility to ..
- Smoking and susceptibility to thyroid cancer: an inverse association with CYP1A1 allelic variantsNatassia E Bufalo
Laboratory of Cancer Molecular Genetics, Medical Sciences School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:1185-93. 2006..Cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) gene variants may be related to an increased capacity to activate polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, producing ..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-dependent induction of cyp1a1 by bilirubin in mouse hepatoma hepa 1c1c7 cellsC J Sinal
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Mol Pharmacol 52:590-9. 1997..We examined the ability of exogenously added hemin, biliverdin, or bilirubin to regulate Cyp1a1, an enzyme that may be active in bilirubin elimination...
- The role of metabolism in chemical-induced pulmonary toxicityB R Smith
Department of Drug Metabolism, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
Toxicol Pathol 19:470-81. 1991..Low glutathione transferase activity (relative to P450 mediated aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity) in lung tissue has been suggested to correlate with elevated risk of lung cancer in smokers...
- The induction of cytochrome P450 1A1 by sudan dyesNahla A G Ahmed Refat
Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 22:77-84. 2008..In this study, we investigated the difference between these three sudan dyes in induction of CYP1A1. We intraperitoneally treated Wistar rats with each of the three sudan dyes (I, III, and IV) for 3 days...
- Detailed characterization of experimentally derived human hepatic CYP1A1 activity and expression using differential inhibition of ethoxyresorufin O-deethylation by fluvoxamineS K Sy
DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Stine Haskell Research Center, Newark, DE 19714, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:377-86. 2001To characterize the distribution of mathematically derived human hepatic CYP1A1 activity using differential inhibition of ethoxyresorufin O-deethylation (EROD) by fluvoxamine.
- Characterization of major phytocannabinoids, cannabidiol and cannabinol, as isoform-selective and potent inhibitors of human CYP1 enzymesSatoshi Yamaori
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 79:1691-8. 2010..These cannabinoids inhibited 7-ethoxyresorufin O-deethylase activity of recombinant CYP1A1, CYP1A2, and CYP1B1 in a competitive manner...
- Tissue distribution and function of the Aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor (AhRR) in C57BL/6 and Aryl hydrocarbon receptor deficient miceThorsten Bernshausen
Arbeitsgruppe Toxikologie, IUF, Auf m Hennekamp 50, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Toxicol 80:206-11. 2006..Simultaneous measurements of CYP1A1 and AhRR mRNA expression do not strongly support the view that the AhRR tissue pattern triggers the tissue ..
- A high-throughput cell-based reporter gene system for measurement of CYP1A1 inductionXiaoming Cui
Department of Exploratory Drug Discovery, Schering Plough Research Institute, D209, K15 2700, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 47:143-51. 2002..Induction of CYP1A1 during drug treatment may predispose the patients to some risk of chemical carcinogenesis.
- Influence of iron (56Fe2O3 or 54Fe2O3) in the upregulation of cytochrome P4501A1 by benzo[a]pyrene in the respiratory tract of Sprague-Dawley ratsGuillaume Garçon
Laboratoire de Recherche en Toxicologie Industrielle et Environnementale, Maison de la Recherche en Environnement Industriel de Dunkerque 2, 189A Avenue Maurice Schumann, 59140 Dunkerque, France
J Appl Toxicol 24:249-56. 2004..investigate the possible involvement of Fe(2)O(3) in benzo[a]pyrene (BaP)/Fe(2)O(3) mixtures on the induction of CYP1A1 enzymes in the lung...
- Soy and whey proteins downregulate DMBA-induced liver and mammary gland CYP1 expression in female ratsJ C Rowlands
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center and Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
J Nutr 131:3281-7. 2001..We studied the effects of diet and 7,12-dimethylbenz-(a)anthracene (DMBA) on hepatic and mammary gland CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP1B1 enzymes in female Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Differential inducibility of rat pulmonary CYP1A1 by cigarette smoke and wood smokeMichael M Iba
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Mutat Res 606:1-11. 2006Mainstream cigarette smoke (CS) and wood smoke (WS) were compared in terms of their pulmonary CYP1A1 inducibility...
- Roles of coactivator proteins in dioxin induction of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 in human breast cancer cellsRobert T Taylor
Molecular Toxicology Program, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Toxicol Sci 107:1-8. 2009..Since CYP1A1 was inducible to a much greater degree than CYP1B1, we hypothesized that there may be differences in coactivator ..
- 1,10-phenanthroline stabilizes mRNA of the carcinogen-metabolizing enzyme, cytochrome P450 1a1Mou Tsy Chou
Department of Gynecology, Saint Martin De Porres Hospital, Chiayi 600, Taiwan, ROC
Toxicol Lett 192:252-60. 2010..inhibitors of aldo-keto reductases 1C1 (AKR1C1), but only phen decreased the benzo[a]pyrene (BaP)-induced cytochrome P450 1a1 (Cyp1a1) protein level...
- Bifunctional modulating effects of an indigo dimer (bisindigotin) to CYP1A1 induction in H4IIE cellsK P Lai
Croucher Institute of Environmental Sciences and Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, PR China
Toxicology 226:188-96. 2006..of a newly identified natural compound-bisindigotin (SLY-1), isolated from leaf extracts of Isatis indigotica, to CYP1A1/EROD activities in H4IIE cells...
- Effect of troglitazone on CYP1A1 inductionHyung Gyun Kim
BK21 Project Team, Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Research Center for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Gwangju 501 759, South Korea
Toxicology 246:166-71. 2008Several peroxisome proliferators enhance CYP1A1 activity, but the mechanisms involved in this enhancement remain unknown...
- Effects of polybrominated diphenyl ethers on basal and TCDD-induced ethoxyresorufin activity and cytochrome P450-1A1 expression in MCF-7, HepG2, and H4IIE cellsA K Peters
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 82:488-96. 2004..the environmentally relevant PBDEs (BDE47, 77, 99, 100, 153, 154, 183, 209), the induction of cytochrome P450-1A1 (CYP1A1) was studied in human breast carcinoma (MCF-7), human hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2), and rat hepatoma (H4IIE) ..
- 3'-methoxy-4'-nitroflavone, a reported aryl hydrocarbon receptor antagonist, enhances Cyp1a1 transcription by a dioxin responsive element-dependent mechanismJunguo Zhou
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 416:68-80. 2003..is a ligand-activated transcription factor, regulating expression of a group of specific genes including cytochrome P450 1A1 (Cyp1a1)...
- Induction of cetacean cytochrome P4501A1 by beta-naphthoflavone exposure of skin biopsy slicesCeline A J Godard
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Biology Department, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Toxicol Sci 80:268-75. 2004..Induction of the cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) enzyme is widely used as a biomarker of exposure and molecular effects in animal species, yet the ..
- Regulation of cytochrome P450 in a primary culture of rainbow trout hepatocytesM D Sadar
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, Vancouver, Canada
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 37:180-4. 2001..Here we have further examined the regulation of CYP enzymes in this model. A transient increase in CYP1A1 messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) and 7-ethoxyresorufin-O-deethylase (EROD) activity occurred within h after ..
- Effect of TCDD exposure on CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 expression in explant cultures of human endometriumD P Bofinger
Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Science, State University of New York at Buffalo, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 1421, USA
Toxicol Sci 62:299-314. 2001..endometrial explant culture model for studying the direct effects of TCDD exposure by assessing the expression of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 mRNA (Northern blotting), protein (Western blotting), and activity (7-ethoxyresorufin-O-deethylase; ..
- Knock-in mouse lines expressing either mitochondrial or microsomal CYP1A1: differing responses to dietary benzo[a]pyrene as proof of principleHongbin Dong
Department of Environmental Health, Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati OH 45267 0056
Mol Pharmacol 75:555-67. 2009In the past, CYP1A1 protein was known to be located in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER; microsomes)...
- Spatio-temporal development of CYP1 activity in early life-stages of zebrafish (Danio rerio)Jens C Otte
Aquatic Ecology and Toxicology, Department of Zoology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 100:38-50. 2010..AhR) followed by activation of the so called "AhR-battery" of genes including the cytochrome P450 1 (CYP1) isoforms...
- 1-Nitropyrene stabilizes the mRNA of cytochrome P450 1a1, a carcinogen-metabolizing enzyme, via the Akt pathwayWen Cheng Chu
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 600, Taiwan, ROC
Chem Res Toxicol 22:1938-47. 2009b>Cytochrome P450 1a1 (Cyp1a1) is a phase I xenobiotic-metabolizing enzyme, the expression of which is mainly driven by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR). Cyp1a1 messenger (m)RNA is labile...
- CYP1A1 levels in lung tissue of tobacco smokers and polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and aromatic hydrocarbon receptorS Anttila
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenetics 11:501-9. 2001Induction of a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-metabolizing cytochrome P450 isoform CYP1A1 is regulated by aromatic hydrocarbon receptor (AHR)...
- Enzyme-kinetic and immunochemical characteristics of mouse cDNA-expressed, microsomal, and purified CYP1A1 and CYP1A2I B Tsyrlov
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Arch Biochem Biophys 307:259-66. 1993..EROD) were estimated in microsomes of Hep G2 cells infected with a recombinant vaccinia virus bearing mouse CYP1A1 or CYP1A2 cDNAs...
- Complexation of membrane-bound enzyme systemsD Muller-Enoch
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Universitat Ulm, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:747-52. 2000..7-Ethoxycoumarin O-deethylase activity of two rat P450 forms (CYP2B1 and CYP1A1) were reconstituted with the same rat reductase. The catalytic cycle time for each P450 form is tau = 1.8 and 0...
- The application of comparative genomic hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization to the characterization of genotoxicity screening tester strains AHH-1 and MCL-5C Corso
Center for Molecular Genetics and Toxicology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Mutagenesis 14:417-26. 1999..is a human B cell-derived lymphoblastoid cell line that constitutively expresses a high level of the cytochrome CYP1A1. The MCL-5 cell line was developed by transfection of AHH-1 with cDNAs encoding the human cytochrome P450s, CYP1A2,..
Research Grants112 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular Analysis of Esophageal Cancer SurvivalMatthew Kulke; Fiscal Year: 2007..the association between overall survival and the presence of specific genetic polymorphisms (GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP1A1, CYP3A5, p53, XRCC1 and ERCC2) in patients with esophageal cancer...
- AHR signaling in Mammalian and Non-Mammalian ModelsMARK HAHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..and others have recently characterized three members of the vertebrate AHR family: AHR1, AHR2, and AHR Repressor (AHRR), and we have found that there is additional AHR diversity in fish, with up to 5 genes per species...
- CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION AND SCREENING IN VARIANT CELLSOliver Hankinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The AHR/ARNT dimer activates transcription of CYP1A1 and certain other genes. Induction of CYP1A1 is involved in carcinogenesis by benzo(a) pyrene...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF DIOXIN ACTIONAlvaro Puga; Fiscal Year: 2002..with the Ah receptor nuclear translocator protein ARNT, mediates the transcriptional activation of genes in the CYP1 family of cytochrome P450 monooxygenases...
- Regulation of cyp1a1 by Ah Receptor and NFkB InteractionYanan Tian; Fiscal Year: 2009..for the long-standing observation that inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide suppress AhR-regulated cytochrome P450 1A1/1A2 and decrease capacity of xenobiotic (including clinical drugs) metabolism (J. Biol. Chem. 276,39638)...
- INTERACTION BETWEEN AH RECEPTOR AND NF-KB PATHWAYSYanan Tian; Fiscal Year: 2002..of AhR by NF-kB also offers an underlying mechanism for cytokine-induced suppression of cytochrome P450s (such as CYP1A1, 1A2)...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF DIOXIN ACTIONAlvaro Puga; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, activation of the CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP1 B1 genes, although one of the best characterized effects of Ah receptor activation by TCDD, does ..
- Validation of Biomarkers in Humans Exposed to PAHsQingshan Qu; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the polymorphisms of genes, including CYP1A1, microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH), GSTM1, and p53 genes, will be identified to assess gene-environment ..
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2009..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- A BREATH TEST FOR LUNG CANCERMichael Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alkanes and their metabolites are metabolized rapidly by high risk cytochrome P450 phenotypes (e.g., CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP2E1) whose activity is induced by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in tobacco smoke...
- Cytochrome-P-450 genes in pathobiology of endometrial cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2009The main goal of this project is to investigate whether the cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) and cytochrome P4501B1 (CYP1B1) genes are risk factors for pathobiology of endometrial cancer...
- Cytochrome-P-450 genes in pathobiology of endometrial cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2007The main goal of this project is to investigate whether the cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) and cytochrome P4501B1 (CYP1B1) genes are risk factors for pathobiology of endometrial cancer...
- Molecular mechanisms of cytochrome P4501A regulation by hyperoxiaBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..ii) To test the hypothesis that humanized CYP1A1 mice [hCYP1A1-Cyp1a1 (-/-)], or hCYP1A1_1A2-Cyp1a1/1a2 (-/-)] mice on will be more tolerant to hyperoxic injury, ..
- Toxicological Control Mechanisms of Human CYP1A2LINDA QUATTROCHI; Fiscal Year: 2004..CYP 1 A, one of the CYP subfamilies in vertebrates consisting of two members, CYP1A1 and CYP1A2, catalyzes the metabolism of such environmental chemicals as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and ..
- Early Disease Biomarkers of PCB-exposed Human PopulationSisir Dutta; Fiscal Year: 2007..PCBs and metabolites of PCBs that have been isolated from human blood and tissues, and the gene cytochrome P450 (CYP1A1), which mediates production of OH-PCB by oxidative metabolism, has been found to be 65-fold increased by PCB-77 in ..
- Role of hepatic and pulmonary P4501A enzymes in neonatal hyperoxic tissue injuryXANTHI IOANNA COUROUCLI; Fiscal Year: 2010..the hypothesis that prenatal or postnatal exposure of wild type (WT) (C57BL/6J) mice to the cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) inducer beta-naphthoflavone (BNF) will result in attenuation or potentiation, respectively, of acute lung and ..
- CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION AND SCREENING IN VARIANT CELLSOliver Hankinson; Fiscal Year: 1990..The principal enzyme activity involved is cytochrome P1-450 dependent aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH). PAH's, in addition to being substrates, also induce P1-450...
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. grilled foods & cigarette smoke. Cytochromes P450 1A1 & 1B1 (CYP1A1, CYP1B1) are responsible for the metabolism of numerous PAHs, the prototype of which is benzo[a]pyrene (BaP)...
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. grilled foods & cigarette smoke. Cytochromes P450 1A1 & 1B1 (CYP1A1, CYP1B1) are responsible for the metabolism of numerous PAHs, the prototype of which is benzo[a]pyrene (BaP)...
- AHR signaling in Mammalian and Non-Mammalian ModelsMark E Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..An inhibitor of AHR transcriptional activation function, AHR repressor (AHRR), has been identified, but its role in regulating AHR signaling remains enigmatic, and possible functions beyond ..
- AHR signaling in Mammalian and Non-Mammalian ModelsMark E Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..An inhibitor of AHR transcriptional activation function, AHR repressor (AHRR), has been identified, but its role in regulating AHR signaling remains enigmatic, and possible functions beyond ..
- ENDOGENOUS CYP1B1 SUBSTRATES AS AHR LIGANDSCraig Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2003..II) The toxicological significance of prolonged Ahr-induced activation of CYP1A1, 1B1, and 1A2 expression many also be an important aspect PAH toxicity...
- Roles of pulmonary and hepatic P4501A enzymes in hyperoxic lung injury in miceBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific aims are: (1) to test the hypothesis that hyperoxia induces CYP1A1 and 1A2 gene expression through mechanisms involving transcriptional activation of the CYP1A1 or 1A2 promoter, ..