Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYBA
Description: cytochrome b-245, alpha polypeptide
Alias: p22-PHOX, cytochrome b light chain, cytochrome b(558) alpha chain, cytochrome b(558) alpha-subunit, cytochrome b, alpha polypeptide, cytochrome b-245 light chain, cytochrome b558 subunit alpha, flavocytochrome b-558 alpha polypeptide, neutrophil cytochrome b 22 kDa polypeptide, p22 phagocyte B-cytochrome, p22phox, superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase light chain subunit
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular basis of the autosomal recessive forms of chronic granulomatous diseaseJ T Curnutte
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037 1093
Immunodefic Rev 3:149-72. 1992..The current understanding of the molecular basis of CGD is reviewed in the context of a recently completed Phase III clinical trial establishing the efficacy of recombinant human interferon gamma in the treatment of CGD...
- Functional effect of the C242T polymorphism in the NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox gene on vascular superoxide production in atherosclerosisT J Guzik
Departments of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Circulation 102:1744-7. 2000..human blood vessels, and some studies suggest a possible association between polymorphisms in the NAD(P)H oxidase CYBA gene and atherosclerosis; however, no functional data address this hypothesis...
- NADPH oxidase-mediated oxidative stress: genetic studies of the p22(phox) gene in hypertensionGuillermo Zalba
Area of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Antioxid Redox Signal 7:1327-36. 2005..the promoter and in the coding region of CYBA, the gene that encodes the essential subunit of the NADPH oxidase p22phox, some of which seem to influence significantly the activity of these enzymes in the context of cardiovascular ..
- The 242T variant of the CYBA gene polymorphism increases the risk of coronary artery disease associated with cigarette smoking and hypercholesterolemiaPawel Niemiec
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Coron Artery Dis 18:339-46. 2007..NAD(P)H oxidases are the main source of superoxides in the vasculature, and the phagocyte oxidase (p22phox) encoded by the CYBA gene is a critical component of NAD(P)H oxidases...
- C242T CYBA polymorphism of the NADPH oxidase is associated with reduced respiratory burst in human neutrophilsKeith E Wyche
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Hypertension 43:1246-51. 2004Oxidative stress contributes to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. p22phox-based NAD(P)H oxidases exist in the vessel wall, acting as important superoxide-generating systems in the vasculature...
- Human neutrophil cytochrome b light chain (p22-phox). Gene structure, chromosomal location, and mutations in cytochrome-negative autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseM C Dinauer
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Clin Invest 86:1729-37. 1990..In order to search for possible mutations in the cytochrome light chain locus, CYBA, the structure of this gene was characterized...
- A novel CYBA variant, the -675A/T polymorphism, is associated with essential hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Hypertens 25:1620-6. 2007..We searched for new polymorphisms within the CYBA promoter, the human gene that encodes the p22phox protein, and studied their potential association with essential hypertension.
- The C242T CYBA polymorphism of NADPH oxidase is associated with essential hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Centre for Applied Medical Research, Spain
J Hypertens 24:1299-306. 2006..The C242T polymorphism of CYBA, the human gene that encodes p22phox, has been found to be functionally associated with vascular NADPH oxidase activity in atherosclerotic patients...
- The p22phox C242T gene polymorphism is associated with a reduced risk of angiographically verified coronary artery disease in a high-risk Finnish Caucasian population. The Finnish Cardiovascular StudyMeng Fan
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Tampere University Hospital and Tampere University Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Am Heart J 152:538-42. 2006..The p22phox, a component of the NADPH oxidase, is essential for the activation of this enzyme, and intensive expression of ..
- Association of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox gene variation with advanced carotid atherosclerosis in Japanese type 2 diabetesRieko Hayaishi-Okano
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka Suita City, Japan
Diabetes Care 26:458-63. 2003To evaluate the association between the C242T polymorphism of the p22 phox gene, an essential component of NAD(P)H oxidase in the vasculature, with intima-media thickness (IMT) of the carotid artery and risk factors for atherosclerosis in ..
- C242T polymorphism of NADPH oxidase p22phox and recurrence of cardiovascular events in coronary artery diseaseMarcello Arca
Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, Unit of Medical Therapy, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:752-7. 2008The common C242T polymorphism in the gene for the p22phox subunit of NADPH oxidase has been reported to be negatively associated with oxidative stress, but whether it confers prognostic information is not yet clear.
- Associations of polymorphism of P22(phox) C242T, plasma levels of vitamin E, and smoking with coronary heart disease in ChinaMei An He
Institute of Occupational Medicine and the Ministry of Education Key Lab of Environment and Health, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Am Heart J 153:640.e1-6. 2007..In this study, we sought to examine potential interactions between P22(phox) genotypes, plasma vitamin E concentrations, and smoking in relation to CHD risk...
- The C242T p22phox polymorphism and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in subjects with hypercholesterolaemiaMarkus P Schneider
Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Medizinische Klinik IV 4, Klinikum Nürnberg Süd, Breslauer Strasse 201, D 90471 Nuremberg, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 105:97-103. 2003..The C242T variant of the CYBA gene encoding the p22phox subunit of the NAD(P)H oxidase, a major source of superoxide production, has been shown to be associated with ..
- CYBA C242T gene polymorphism and flow-mediated vasodilation in a population of young adults: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyMeng Fan
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Finland
J Hypertens 25:1381-7. 2007..The C242T polymorphism of the CYBA gene that encodes p22phox, a component of NADPH oxidase, has been found to modulate superoxide production...
- Insight into the role of CYBA A640G and C242T gene variants and coronary heart disease risk. A case-control studyA Macias-Reyes
Research Unit, HUGC Dr Negrín, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Free Radic Res 42:82-92. 2008..Higher levels of G allele mRNA compared with A allele mRNA were found. NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox sub-unit expression was evaluated with Western blot...
- Regulation of NOXO1 activity through reversible interactions with p22 and NOXA1Sujit Dutta
National Institute for Medical Research, Medical Research Council, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10478. 2010..Taken together, this study provides clear evidence that the assembly of the NOX1 oxidase complex can be regulated through reversible protein-protein interactions...
- Association of p22phox gene C242T polymorphism with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisShengxia Fang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Shandong University, PR China
Thromb Res 125:e197-201. 2010The C242T polymorphism of p22phox gene (rs4673) has been linked to the reduced coronary artery disease (CAD) risk, but results in the published literatures are controversial...
- Endothelial venodilator response in carriers of genetic polymorphisms involved in NO synthesis and degradationRuth Fricker
Department of Internal Medicine VI, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:169-77. 2004Polymorphisms of the NOSIII gene and of the CYBA gene have been associated with a number of pathological conditions such as arterial hypertension, coronary artery disease, and myocardial infarction...
- Association of the p22phox component of NAD(P)H oxidase with susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetesAndrea D Hodgkinson
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Plymouth Campus, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Diabetes Care 26:3111-5. 2003..The aim was to investigate the frequency of these polymorphisms in 268 patients with type 1 diabetes with or without microvascular complications...
- Impact of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox gene polymorphism on vascular aging in Korean centenarian and nonagenarianKwang Il Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Cardiol 123:18-22. 2007..The goal of this study is to investigate the effect of the p22(phox) C242T polymorphism on cardiovascular aging...
- Functional effects of NAD(P)H oxidase p22(phox) C242T mutation in human leukocytes and association with thrombotic cerebral infarctionYumi Shimo-Nakanishi
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Atherosclerosis 175:109-15. 2004....
- Non-effect of p22-phox -930A/G polymorphism on end-organ damage in Brazilian hypertensive patientsM L Sales
J Hum Hypertens 21:504-6. 2007..We recently reported that left ventricular hypertrophy is accompanied by increased myocardial p22-phox expression in aortic-banded rats, suggesting that this protein might be involved in hypertensive cardiac hypertrophy...
- The C242T polymorphism of the p22phox component of NAD(P)H oxidase and vascular risk. Two case-control studies and a meta-analysisAugusto Di Castelnuovo
Laboratory of Genetic and Environmental Epidemiology, Center for High Technology Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
Thromb Haemost 99:594-601. 2008..Vascular NAD(P)H oxidase is comprised of several subunits, one of which, p22phox, is encoded by a gene exhibiting several allelic variants...
- The A640G and C242T p22(phox) polymorphisms in patients with coronary artery diseaseA Maziar Zafari
Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:675-80. 2002..Our study does not support a functional role for the A640G or C242T polymorphisms either in the severity of CAD or in determining endothelial function in older men...
- Direct interaction of the novel Nox proteins with p22phox is required for the formation of a functionally active NADPH oxidaseRashmi K Ambasta
Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, D 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45935-41. 2004..We determined whether a direct interaction of Nox1 and Nox4 with the p22phox subunit of the NADPH oxidase occurs...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme and p22(phox) polymorphisms and the risk of coronary heart disease in a low-risk Spanish populationTrinidad Mata-Balaguer
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Int J Cardiol 95:145-51. 2004..To evaluate the genetic contribution to myocardial infarction in a homogeneous Caucasian population (a Mediterranean Spanish population) with very low frequency of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- No association between genetic polymorphisms in NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox and paraoxonase 1 and colorectal cancer riskElise M J van der Logt
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Anticancer Res 25:1465-70. 2005..Polymorphic variations in NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox and paraoxonase 1 (PON1) enzyme activities may alter superoxide production or the rate of chemical metabolism, ..
- Novel human homologues of p47phox and p67phox participate in activation of superoxide-producing NADPH oxidasesRyu Takeya
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:25234-46. 2003..NADPH oxidase (Nox) in phagocytes is gp91phox/Nox2, a membrane-integrated protein that forms a heterodimer with p22phox to constitute flavocytochrome b558...
- Cytochrome b558-negative, autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease: two new mutations in the cytochrome b558 light chain of the NADPH oxidase (p22-phox)M de Boer
Central Laboratory of the Netherlands Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, Amsterdam
Am J Hum Genet 51:1127-35. 1992..In this patient, a G-->A substitution was found at position 1 of intron 4 in the genomic DNA. Therefore, the absence of exon 4 in the cDNA of this patient is due to a splicing error.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Monocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p22(phox) and inducible hemeoxygenase-1 gene expressions are increased in type II diabetic patients: relationship with oxidative stressAngelo Avogaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, School of Medicine, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1753-9. 2003..These findings suggest that these cells, which play a crucial role in the earliest events of atherosclerotic lesion, are subjected to an increased oxidative stress...
- Characterization of six novel mutations in CYBA: the gene causing autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseShahram Teimourian
Immunology, Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Medical Sciences of Tehran University, and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Khatam University, Tehran, Iran
Br J Haematol 141:848-51. 2008One of the rarest forms of chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) is caused by mutations in CYBA, which encodes the p22-phox subunit of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, leading to defective intracellular killing...
- Assembly of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: binding of Src homology 3 domains to proline-rich targetsT L Leto
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:10650-4. 1994..We propose a model in which the oxidase complex assembles through a mechanism involving SH3 domains of both cytosolic proteins and cognate proline-rich targets in other oxidase components...
- AP-1-dependent transcriptional regulation of NADPH oxidase in human aortic smooth muscle cells: role of p22phox subunitAdrian Manea
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8 B P Hasdeu Street, Bucharest, P O Box 35 14, Romania
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:878-85. 2008..In this study we searched for the role of AP-1 in the regulation of NADPHox expression and function in human aortic SMCs exposed to proinflammatory conditions...
- Influence of glucosamine sulphate on oxidative stress in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes: effects on HO-1, p22(Phox) and iNOS expressionC Valvason
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2 35128 Padova, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:31-5. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of GS on primary human chondrocytes in vitro, in particular with regard to HO-1, p22(Phox) (a subunit of NADPH complex) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression...
- Involvement of NADPH oxidase in oxidized LDL-induced upregulation of heat shock factor-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in vascular endothelial cellsRuozhi Zhao
Diabetes Research Group, University of Manitoba, 835 715 McDermot Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3P4, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E104-11. 2009....
- Role of p22phox in angiotensin II and platelet-derived growth factor AA induced activator protein 1 activation in vascular smooth muscle cellsChristiane Viedt
Innere Medizin III, Universitat Heidelberg, Bergheimer Strasse 58, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:31-8. 2004..investigated the role of ANG II and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) AA induced ROS generation derived from p22phox-containing NAD(P)H oxidase in the activation of activator protein (AP) 1 in human vascular smooth muscle cells (..
- Genetic studies of three Japanese patients with p22-phox-deficient chronic granulomatous disease: detection of a possible common mutant CYBA allele in Japan and a genotype-phenotype correlation in these patientsM Yamada
Departments of Paediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Haematol 108:511-7. 2000..Mutations in the p22-phox gene (CYBA) locus in 16q24 result in one of the rare autosomal recessive forms of CGD...
- Role of the vascular NADH/NADPH oxidase system in atherosclerosisM Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 902:241-7; discussion 247-8. 2000..The NADH/NADPH oxidase system, which includes a 22 kD subunit (p22 phox), is the major source of superoxide production in vascular tissues...
- Ethanol augments PDGF-induced NADPH oxidase activity and proliferation in rat pancreatic stellate cellsRichard Hu
Department of Veterans Affairs University of California, Los Angeles Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Los Angeles, Calif 90073, USA
Pancreatology 7:332-40. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the presence and role of the NADPH oxidase system in mediating alcohol effects on PaSCs with specific emphasis on proliferation...
- Renal proximal tubular reabsorption is reduced in adult spontaneously hypertensive rats: roles of superoxide and Na+/H+ exchanger 3Carolina Panico
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Rd, Building D 395, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Hypertension 54:1291-7. 2009..This finding implies that proximal tubule fluid reabsorption is regulated by redox balance, which may have profound effects on ion and fluid homeostasis in the hypertensive kidney...
- Creation of a genetic system for analysis of the phagocyte respiratory burst: high-level reconstitution of the NADPH oxidase in a nonhematopoietic systemMarianne O Price
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 99:2653-61. 2002....
- Subcellular localization of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunits in neurons and astroglia of the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationship with tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neuronsM J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 143:547-64. 2006..Moreover, NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in neurons and glia may directly or indirectly modulate catecholaminergic neuron activity in the mNTS...
- Riboflavin kinase couples TNF receptor 1 to NADPH oxidaseBenjamin Yazdanpanah
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Nature 460:1159-63. 2009..The results suggest that TNF, through the activation of RFK, enhances the incorporation of FAD in NADPH oxidase enzymes, a critical step for the assembly and activation of NADPH oxidase...
- NADPH oxidase expression and production of superoxide by human corneal stromal cellsWILLIAM J O'BRIEN
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Mol Vis 15:2535-43. 2009..via nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidases, a family of protein complexes believed to be responsible for the localized and limited production of O(2) (.-) with regulatory activity...
- New insights into the membrane topology of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: characterization of an anti-gp91-phox conformational monoclonal antibodyYannick Campion
GREPI EA 2938, Lab Enzymologie DBPC, CHU Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochimie 89:1145-58. 2007..Moreover, the antibody 13B6 may be conformationally sensitive and used as a probe for identifying the active NADPH oxidase complex in vivo...
- NADPH oxidase plays a crucial role in the activation of pancreatic stellate cellsAtsushi Masamune
Div of Gastroenterology, Tohoku Univ Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574 Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G99-G108. 2008..In conclusion, PSCs express NADPH oxidase to generate ROS, which mediates key cell functions and activation of PSCs. NADPH oxidase might be a potential target for the treatment of pancreatic fibrosis...
- Downregulation of NADPH oxidase, antioxidant enzymes, and inflammatory markers in the heart of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by N-acetyl-L-cysteineZhixin Guo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Div of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Univ of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1728-36. 2007..The protective effects of NAC on diabetic rat hearts may be attributable to its protection of hearts against oxidative damage induced by the increased NADPH oxidase and to its reduction in cardiac inflammatory mediators IL-6 and COX-2...
- Mechanism of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase activation by angiotensin II. Role of the p47phox subunitJian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, King s College London, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:12094-100. 2003..These data indicate that angiotensin II-stimulated endothelial NADPH oxidase activity is regulated through serine phosphorylation of p47(phox) and its enhanced binding to p22(phox)...
- Localization of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory ganglion neurons and perivascular nerve fibersXian Cao
The Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Auton Neurosci 151:90-7. 2009..The presence of a O(2)(-*)-generating enzyme in close vicinity to the sites of neurotransmitter handling in the nerve fibers suggests the possibility of novel redox-mediated mechanisms in peripheral neurovascular control...
- Lipid rafts keep NADPH oxidase in the inactive state in human renal proximal tubule cellsWeixing Han
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 51:481-7. 2008..Therefore, in human renal proximal tubule cells, LRs maintain NADPH oxidase in an inactive state...
- Critical role of Nox4-based NADPH oxidase in glucose-induced oxidative stress in the kidney: implications in type 2 diabetic nephropathyM Sedeek
Kidney Research Centre, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and Deptartment of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1348-58. 2010..These findings implicate Nox4-based NADPH oxidase in molecular mechanisms underlying fibrosis in type 2 diabetic nephropathy...
- A region N-terminal to the tandem SH3 domain of p47phox plays a crucial role in the activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidaseMasahiko Taura
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem J 419:329-38. 2009..protein gp91phox [also known as Nox2 (NADPH oxidase 2)], which forms a stable heterodimer with p22phox. Activation of the oxidase requires membrane translocation of the three cytosolic proteins p47phox, p67phox and ..
- Cloning and expression of the gene encoding the porcine NADPH oxidase light-chain subunit (p22-phox)Y Zhou
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
Gene 148:363-7. 1994..No change in mRNA expression was found in the cells with or without TGF beta 1 treatment. The results indicated that the heavy and light chains of NADPH oxidase are independently regulated by IL-4 in macrophages...
- Role of extracellular superoxide dismutase in the mouse angiotensin slow pressor responseWilliam J Welch
Cardiovascular Kidney Institute and Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 48:934-41. 2006....
- O2 sensing is preserved in mice lacking the gp91 phox subunit of NADPH oxidaseS L Archer
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T69 2B7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7944-9. 1999..In wild-type lungs, gp91 phox and p22 phox subunits are present (relative expression: macrophages > airways and veins > PASMCs)...
- Regulation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase activity: phosphorylation of gp91phox/NOX2 by protein kinase C enhances its diaphorase activity and binding to Rac2, p67phox, and p47phoxHoussam Raad
INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
FASEB J 23:1011-22. 2009..These results demonstrate that gp91(phox) is phosphorylated in human neutrophils by PKC to enhance its catalytic activity and assembly of the complex. Phosphorylation of gp91(phox)/NOX2 is a novel mechanism of NADPH oxidase regulation...
- Effect of doxazosin on oxidative stress-related proteins in benign prostatic hyperplasiaLorenzo A Calo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica 4, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Urol Int 76:36-41. 2006....
- Role of superoxide, nitric oxide, and peroxynitrite in doxorubicin-induced cell death in vivo and in vitroPartha Mukhopadhyay
Section on Oxidative Stress and Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, 5625 Fishers Lane, MSC 9413, Bethesda, MD 20892 9413, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1466-83. 2009..Thus, peroxynitrite is a major trigger of DOX-induced cell death both in vivo and in vivo, and the modulation of the pathways leading to its generation or its effective neutralization can be of significant therapeutic benefit...
- Inhibition of superoxide anion generation by CHS-111 via blockade of the p21-activated kinase, protein kinase B/Akt and protein kinase C signaling pathways in rat neutrophilsLing Chu Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 403, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 615:207-17. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that CHS-111 inhibits fMLP-stimulated O(2)(-) generation in rat neutrophils through the blockade of PAK, Akt and PKC signaling pathways...
- A case-control study of rheumatoid arthritis identifies an associated single nucleotide polymorphism in the NCF4 gene, supporting a role for the NADPH-oxidase complex in autoimmunityLina M Olsson
Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, BMC I11, 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R98. 2007..played by the NOX complex in RA, we investigated the association of 51 SNPs in five genes of the NOX complex (CYBB, CYBA, NCF4, NCF2, and RAC2) in a Swedish case-control cohort consisting of 1,842 RA cases and 1,038 control individuals...
- Differential regulation of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory Ganglia in deoxycorticosterone acetate salt hypertensionXian Cao
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 50:663-71. 2007..This differential regulation may contribute to unbalanced vasomotor control and enhanced vasoconstriction in the splanchnic circulation...
- Activation of mineralocorticoid receptors by exogenous glucocorticoids and the development of cardiovascular inflammatory responses in adrenalectomized ratsMorag J Young
P O Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 151:2622-8. 2010....
- Structure, regulation and evolution of Nox-family NADPH oxidases that produce reactive oxygen speciesHideki Sumimoto
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS J 275:3249-77. 2008..Here I describe the regulation of Nox-family oxidases on the basis of three-dimensional structures and evolutionary conservation...
- Degradation of p22phox and inhibition of superoxide generation by Ehrlichia chaffeensis in human monocytesMingqun Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cell Microbiol 9:861-74. 2007..These findings point to a unique survival mechanism of ROS-sensitive obligate intraleucocytic bacteria that involves the destabilization of p22(phox) following the binding of bacteria to host cell surface proteins...
- Molecular characterization of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease caused by a defect of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (reduced form) oxidase component p67-phoxP J Patiño
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Blood 94:2505-14. 1999..Thus, this heterogeneous group of mutations in p67-phox all lead to marked instability of mRNA or protein (or both) that results in the complete loss of NADPH oxidase activity...
- Effect of aldosterone and glycyrrhetinic acid on the protein expression of PAI-1 and p22(phox) in human mononuclear leukocytesLorenzo A Calo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica 4, University of Padua, Padua 35100, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1973-6. 2004..In addition, the results confirm our previous data on a direct effect of glycyrrhetinic acid at the level of mineralocorticoid receptors...
- Mediators of mineralocorticoid receptor-induced profibrotic inflammatory responses in the heartPeter Wilson
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152 Clayton, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:731-9. 2009....
- Glutamine plays a role in superoxide production and the expression of p47phox, p22phox and gp91phox in rat neutrophilsTania Cristina Pithon-Curi
Camilo Castelo Branco University and Methodist University of Piracicaba FACEF, Rua Carolina Fonseca 584, 08230 030 São Paulo, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:403-8. 2002..We postulate that glutamine leads to O(2)(-) production in neutrophils, probably via the generation of ATP and regulation of the expression of components of NADPH oxidase...
- The SOD mimetic tempol ameliorates glomerular injury and reduces mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in Dahl salt-sensitive ratsAkira Nishiyama
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, Kagawa, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:306-15. 2004..These data suggest that reactive oxygen species, generated by NAD(P)H oxidase, contribute to the progression of renal injury through ERK1/ERK2 activation in DS/H hypertensive rats...
- Significance of angiotensin II receptor blockers with high affinity to angiotensin II type 1 receptors for vascular protection in ratsShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku cho, Takatsuki City, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 32:853-60. 2009..Thus, heterogeneity in binding affinity to AT(1) receptors among ARBs may result in different degrees of vascular protection and lifespan extension...
- Divergence of mechanisms regulating respiratory burst in blood and sputum eosinophils and neutrophils from atopic subjectsPaige Lacy
Pulmonary Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 170:2670-9. 2003..Our findings suggest that the differential modes of NADPH oxidase assembly in these cells may have important implications for oxidant-mediated tissue injury...
- Diagnostic paradigm for evaluation of male patients with chronic granulomatous disease, based on the dihydrorhodamine 123 assayOrathai Jirapongsananuruk
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 2C 306, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1508, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:374-9. 2003..However, some male patients with X-CGD have DHR patterns that overlap the AR-CGD pattern...
- Xanthine oxidase inhibitor allopurinol attenuates the development of diabetic cardiomyopathyMohanraj Rajesh
Section on Oxidative Stress Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institutes of Health NIAAA, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:2330-41. 2009....
- Vibrio anguillarum evades the immune response of the bony fish sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax L.) through the inhibition of leukocyte respiratory burst and down-regulation of apoptotic caspasesM Pilar Sepulcre
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Mol Immunol 44:3751-7. 2007..These results suggest that the virulence mechanisms of V. anguillarum in sea bass involve the inhibition of leukocyte respiratory burst and apoptosis, and thereby providing a safe haven for growth...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibits advanced glycation end products-induced retinal vascular permeabilitySardarpasha Sheikpranbabu
Department of Biotechnology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Kalasalingam University Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, Anand Nagar, Tamilnadu, India
Biochimie 92:1040-51. 2010....
- Essential role of nuclear factor-kappaB for NADPH oxidase activity in normal and anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia leukocytesMarcos Luengo-Blanco
Department of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Center for Investigation in Pediatrics, State University of Campinas Medical School, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Blood 112:1453-60. 2008..and in expression of the human phagocyte nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase genes CYBB, CYBA, NCF1, and NCF2...
- Clinical features and prognoses of 23 patients with chronic granulomatous disease followed for 21 years by a single hospital in JapanShinichi Kobayashi
National Center for Child Health and Development, Division of Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases, 2 10 1, Ookura, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 167:1389-94. 2008..The high survival rate in this hospital results from regular follow-up and prophylaxis with TMP-SMX and anti-fungal drugs beginning at the time of diagnosis, along with treatment with weekly IFN-gamma...
- Uremia induces abnormal oxygen consumption in tubules and aggravates chronic hypoxia of the kidney via oxidative stressFredrik Palm
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F380-6. 2010..The abnormal oxygen metabolism in tubular cells by uremic toxins was, at least in part, mediated by oxidative stress...
- Hypoxia activates NADPH oxidase to increase [ROS]i and [Ca2+]i through the mitochondrial ROS-PKCepsilon signaling axis in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cellsRakesh Rathore
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 45:1223-31. 2008....
- Endothelin-1-induced oxidative stress in DOCA-salt hypertension involves NADPH-oxidase-independent mechanismsGlaucia E Callera
Kidney Research Centre, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:243-53. 2006..Mitochondria may play a role in ET-1-driven oxidative stress, as evidenced by increased mitochondrial-derived ROS in this model of hypertension...
- Curcumin dramatically enhances retinoic acid-induced superoxide generating activity via accumulation of p47-phox and p67-phox proteins in U937 cellsHidehiko Kikuchi
Department of Life Science, Frontier Science Research Center, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:61-5. 2010..Therefore, it should have the potential as an effective modifier in therapy of leukemia and/or as an immunopotentiator...
- Nitric oxide synthase and NAD(P)H oxidase modulate coronary endothelial cell growthUlvi Bayraktutan
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science Block B, Queen s University Belfast, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:277-86. 2004....
- Regulation of NAD(P)H oxidase by associated protein disulfide isomerase in vascular smooth muscle cellsMariano Janiszewski
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Heart Institute Instituto do Coração, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Eneas Carvalho Aguiar, 44 subsolo, Sao Paulo, CEP 05403 000 Brazil
J Biol Chem 280:40813-9. 2005..These results suggest that PDI closely associates with NAD(P)H oxidase and acts as a novel redox-sensitive regulatory protein of such enzyme complex, potentially affecting subunit traffic/assembling...
- Mineralocorticoid receptor blockade attenuates chronic overexpression of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system stimulation of reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase and cardiac remodelingSameer Stas
Division of Endocrinology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Endocrinology 148:3773-80. 2007....
- LOX-1 deletion decreases collagen accumulation in atherosclerotic plaque in low-density lipoprotein receptor knockout mice fed a high-cholesterol dietChangping Hu
Department of Internal Medicine, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Slot 532, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Cardiovasc Res 79:287-93. 2008..We examine the hypothesis that LOX-1 deletion may inhibit collagen accumulation in atherosclerotic arteries in LDL receptor (LDLR) knockout (KO) mice...
- Oxidative stress mediates nephropathy in type Ia glycogen storage diseaseWai Han Yiu
Section on Cellular Differentiation, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lab Invest 90:620-9. 2010..These data provide the first evidence that oxidative stress is one mechanism that underlies GSD-Ia nephropathy...
- Oxidative impairment of mitochondrial electron transport chain complexes in rostral ventrolateral medulla contributes to neurogenic hypertensionSamuel H H Chan
Center for Translational Research in Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hypertension 53:217-27. 2009..and ETC enzymes contribute to chronic oxidative stress in the RVLM of spontaneously hypertensive rats, leading to augmented sympathetic vasomotor tone and hypertension...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha activates transcription of the NADPH oxidase organizer 1 (NOXO1) gene and upregulates superoxide production in colon epithelial cellsYuki Kuwano
Department of Stress Science, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 45:1642-52. 2008..Thus, TNF-alpha acts as a potent activator of Nox1-based oxidase in colon epithelial cells, suggesting a potential role of this oxidase in inflammation of the colon...
- Prenatal diagnosis of chronic granulomatous disease in a male fetusM Yavuz Köker
Immunology Division, Diskapi Children s Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 8:57-61. 2009..Postnatal confirmation of results with the DHR assay is more practical than mutation screening to show whether the newborn have normal NADPH oxidase activity or does not...
- Methylseleninic acid enhances the effect of etoposide to inhibit prostate cancer growth in vivoOscar Gonzalez Moreno
Division of Oncology, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Cancer 121:1197-204. 2007..Pathways analyses revealed a decrease in the expression of genes involved in metabolism (Fabp5, Cyba), signal transduction (ERK, AKT), angiogenesis (neuropilin-1, Flt-4) and transcription (cAMP response element-..
- Inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase reduces fibronectin expression in stroke-prone renovascular hypertensive rat brainChunmei Cui
Stroke Center and Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, No 58 Zhongshan 2 Road, Guangzhou 510080, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:304-9. 2007..4. These findings suggest that the chronic inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase in vivo by apocynin reduces cerebrovascular fibronectin levels, which may lessen hypertensive cerebrovascular fibrosis...
- Role of the NADPH Oxidases in the Subfornical Organ in Angiotensin II-Induced HypertensionHeinrich E Lob
Director of Clinical Pharmacology, 536 Robinson Research Bldg, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
Hypertension 61:382-7. 2013....
- An interleukin-33 gene polymorphism is a modifier for eosinophilia in ratsH Luo
Department of Aging Biology, Institute of Pathogenesis and Disease Prevention, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Genes Immun 14:192-7. 2013In previous studies, we identified a loss-of-function mutation in the Cyba gene as the primary cause of hereditary eosinophilia in the Matsumoto Eosinophilia Shinshu (MES) rat strain...
- Trimer hydroxylated quinone derived from apocynin targets cysteine residues of p47phox preventing the activation of human vascular NADPH oxidaseMauricio Mora-Pale
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 52:962-9. 2012..However, the IIIHyQ was effective at disrupting this interaction with the other mutants, displaying IC(50) values (4.9, 21.0, and 2.3μM for the C111A, C378A, and C98G mutants, respectively) comparable to that of wild-type p47(phox)...
- ROS-generating NADPH oxidase NOX4 is a critical mediator in oncogenic H-Ras-induced DNA damage and subsequent senescenceU Weyemi
University Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Oncogene 31:1117-29. 2012..Taken together, our data indicate that NADPH oxidase NOX4 is a critical mediator in oncogenic H-RasV12-induced DNA-damage response and subsequent senescence...
- [Evaluation of the expression of p22 phox subunit of NADPH oxidase (NOX) in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia: a comparative study]E Floriano-Sánchez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Escuela Médico Militar, Mexico DF
Actas Urol Esp 34:340-5. 2010..Recent reports found that prostate cancer is the second most common cancer and second leading cause of cancer death in men...
- Activation of cAMP-dependent signaling induces oxidative modification of the cardiac Na+-K+ pump and inhibits its activityCaroline N White
North Shore Heart Research Group, Kolling Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney 2065, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:13712-20. 2010..We conclude that cAMP- and PKC-dependent inhibition of the cardiac Na(+)-K(+) pump occurs via a shared downstream oxidative signaling pathway involving NADPH oxidase activation and glutathionylation of the pump beta(1) subunit...
- Structural insights into Nox4 and Nox2: motifs involved in function and cellular localizationKatharina von Löhneysen
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:961-75. 2010..In contrast, Nox4 released H(2)O(2) and promoted cell migration. Our work provides insights into Nox structure, regulation, and ROS output that will aid inhibitor design...
- Phosphorylation of p22phox on threonine 147 enhances NADPH oxidase activity by promoting p47phox bindingEric M Lewis
From the Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 and
J Biol Chem 285:2959-67. 2010..This study directly implicates threonine 147 of p22(phox) as a critical residue for efficient NADPH oxidase complex formation and resultant enzyme activity...
- Genotype of the CYBA promoter -930A/G, polymorphism C677T of the MTHFR and APOE genotype in patients with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: an observational studyPablo Stiefel
Unidad clínico experimental de riesgo vascular UCERV UCAMI, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Hospital Universitario, Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 133:657-61. 2009..The aim of our work was to study several variants in the genes regulating oxidative stress, plasma lipids metabolism and endothelial function (observational study)...
- Specificity of p47phox SH3 domain interactions in NADPH oxidase assembly and activationI de Mendez
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:2177-85. 1997..NADPH oxidase involves multiple SH3 domain interactions between several oxidase components (p47phox, p67phox, and p22phox)...
- Renal Control of Blood Pressure in Early DiabetesMichael Brands; Fiscal Year: 2007..whether increased SOD1 in transgenic mice protects against hypertension similar to tempol; d. the role of NADPH oxidase, by measuring p22 phox expression and the effect of apocynin.
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF PHAGOCYTE PROTEINSMary Dinauer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Second, identification of domains in gp91 phox and p22 phox that function in the assembly and regulation of oxidase activity will pursued, using a strategy that emphasizes ..
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTO1, GSTP1, MTHFR, and AS3MT genes) and genes related to oxidative stress (NOS3, SOD2, and CYBA) and inflammation/endothelial dysfunction (TNF, IL6, ICAM1, and VCAM1) using a cross-sectional study of IMT with ..
- CORE-- Neuroanatomy-ImagingTERESA MILNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Major changes are indicated by a line in the left margin. Overall, the Budget has been reduced. A detailed account of the budgetary changes has been included in the Budget Justification. ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS IN THE KIDNEY IN HYPERTENSIONCHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..Project 1 will investigate the role of O2- and specifically p22phox activation of NADPH oxidase in the kidney, in afferent arteriolar reactivity, salt excretion during salt loading ..
- NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN THE JUXTAGLOMERULAR APPARATUSChristopher S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2010..The first aim will contrast cell stably transfected with p22phox (S-p22phox) with empty vector wild type cells (Wt). We will study the effects of superoxide (O2.-) vs...
- NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN THE JUXTAGLOMERULAR APPARATUSCHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Nephrology and Hypertension Training GrantCHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..The aim is to train physicians and post doctoral scientists, for a career in academic nephrology and hypertension. ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTION AND BP BY THROMBOXANECHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are focused on the roles of COX-1 versus -2, and TP-R in mediating renal mechanism of homeostasis and their dysregulation during Ang II hypertension. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN THE JUXTAGLOMERULAR APPARATUSCHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTION AND BP BY THROMBOXANECHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mechanisms of Renal CarcinogenesisKaren Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..the pathogenesis of RCC through increased generation of ROS by the NAD(P)H-dependent oxidase subunits, Nox4 and p22phox, which are critical in maintaining HIF-2 alpha protein expression in the absence of VHL...
- Glutathione Peroxidase & Redox State in AtherosclerosisFrancis Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will provide a foundation for additional studies of redox status in vascular disease and potential novel therapeutic strategies to modify the progression of atherosclerosis in patients. ..
- Crystal Associated Renal Inflammation and Treatment OptionsSaeed R Khan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Glutathione Peroxidase & Redox State in AtherosclerosisFrancis Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will provide a foundation for additional studies of redox status in vascular disease and potential novel therapeutic strategies to modify the progression of atherosclerosis in patients. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HERPETIC KERATITISWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal is to understand the pathogenesis of edema in order to develop effective and specific alternatives to corticosteroids for the therapy of HSV-induced edema and stromal disease. ..
- REGULATION OF SUPEROXIDE PRODUCTION BY HUMAN NEUTROPHILSAndrew Cross; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may ultimately lead to new pharmacological methods for controlling oxygen radical-mediated tissue damage as well as an improved understanding of the pathophysiology of CGD. ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation during A. phagocytophilum invasionJacob Ijdo; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the Unites States, Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis is an emerging tick-associated disease and in endemic areas the incidence is second only to Lyme disease. ..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..5. To determine the molecular mechanism for the inability of renal interstitial CaP crystals to provoke an inflammatory reaction. ..
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..
- The role of CD44 isoforms in immunotherapy of melanomaROBERT MCKALLIP; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, he proposes to examine the potential use of the CD44hi cells in the treatment of melanoma. ..
- Subverted host cell signaling by AnkA in Anaplasma phagocytophilum infectionJacob W IJdo; Fiscal Year: 2010..phagocytophilum can survive in neutrophils. This may lead to a better understanding of the function of neutrophils within the immune system and may lead to potential new treatments of inflammation and infections. ..