Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYBA
Description: cytochrome b-245, alpha polypeptide
Alias: p22-PHOX, cytochrome b light chain, cytochrome b(558) alpha chain, cytochrome b(558) alpha-subunit, cytochrome b, alpha polypeptide, cytochrome b558 subunit alpha, flavocytochrome b-558 alpha polypeptide, neutrophil cytochrome b 22 kDa polypeptide, p22 phagocyte B-cytochrome, p22phox, superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase light chain subunit
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Functional effect of the C242T polymorphism in the NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox gene on vascular superoxide production in atherosclerosisT J Guzik
Departments of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Circulation 102:1744-7. 2000..human blood vessels, and some studies suggest a possible association between polymorphisms in the NAD(P)H oxidase CYBA gene and atherosclerosis; however, no functional data address this hypothesis...
- Genetic factors associated with endothelial dysfunction affect the early onset of coronary artery disease in Korean malesW H Lee
Cardiology Division, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Vasc Med 6:103-8. 2001..artery disease (CAD), endothelial nitric oxide synthase (ecNOS) gene a/b polymorphism and NADH/NADPH oxidase p22 phox gene C242T polymorphism were examined in 305 Korean male CAD patients and 215 healthy male control subjects...
- Association of the C242T polymorphism in the NADPH oxidase p22 phox gene with carotid atherosclerosis in Slovenian patients with type 2 diabetesMarija Santl Letonja
General Hospital Rakičan, Ulica dr Vrbnjaka 6, 9000 Murska Sobota, Slovenia
Mol Biol Rep 39:10121-30. 2012..Further studies will show if it can be used as a genetic marker for carotid atherosclerosis in diabetic patients...
- Regulation of NOXO1 activity through reversible interactions with p22 and NOXA1Sujit Dutta
National Institute for Medical Research, Medical Research Council, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10478. 2010..Taken together, this study provides clear evidence that the assembly of the NOX1 oxidase complex can be regulated through reversible protein-protein interactions...
- The CYBA gene A640G polymorphism influences predispositions to coronary artery disease through interactions with cigarette smoking and hypercholesterolemiaPawel Niemiec
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, School of Health Care, Katowice, Poland
Biomarkers 16:405-12. 2011The CYBA gene encodes the p22phox peptide, an essential subunit of vascular NADPH oxidases. The aim of the study was to analyze potential interactions between CYBA gene A640G polymorphism and traditional risk factors of atherosclerosis...
- The association between cigarette smoking and carotid intima-media thickness is influenced by the -930A/G CYBA gene polymorphism: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyM Fan
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Tampere University Hospital, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Am J Hypertens 22:281-7. 2009..We hypothesized that the -930A/G CYBA gene polymorphism in the NADPH oxidase influences the association between cigarette smoking and carotid intima-..
- Genetic risk and gene-environment interaction in coronary artery spasm in Japanese men and womenYosuke Murase
Division of Cardiology, Okazaki City Hospital, Japan
Eur Heart J 25:970-7. 2004..The aim of the study was to identify genes that confer susceptibility to coronary artery spasm and clarify the interaction between genetic and environmental factors in this condition...
- G allele of the -930A>G polymorphism of the CYBA gene is associated with insulin resistance in obese subjectsM C Ochoa
Department of Nutrition, Food Science, Physiology and Toxicology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Physiol Biochem 64:127-33. 2008..The -930A/G polymorphism of the CYBA gene (that codes p22phox, a major component of the NADPH oxidase) has been associated with human hypertension and with a reduction in ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of NAD(P)H oxidase: variation in subunit expression and enzyme activityM Schirmer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 8:297-304. 2008..Expression of CYBA, NCF4 and RAC2 coding for NAD(P)H oxidase subunits was measured in whole blood cells in 59 study participants by ..
- C242T CYBA polymorphism of the NADPH oxidase is associated with reduced respiratory burst in human neutrophilsKeith E Wyche
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Hypertension 43:1246-51. 2004Oxidative stress contributes to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. p22phox-based NAD(P)H oxidases exist in the vessel wall, acting as important superoxide-generating systems in the vasculature...
- Three common polymorphisms in the CYBA gene form a haplotype associated with decreased ROS generationKaren Bedard
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva Medical School and University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 30:1123-33. 2009..Several members of the NOX family depend on the p22(phox) subunit, encoded by the CYBA gene...
- The 242T variant of the CYBA gene polymorphism increases the risk of coronary artery disease associated with cigarette smoking and hypercholesterolemiaPawel Niemiec
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Coron Artery Dis 18:339-46. 2007..NAD(P)H oxidases are the main source of superoxides in the vasculature, and the phagocyte oxidase (p22phox) encoded by the CYBA gene is a critical component of NAD(P)H oxidases...
- The effect of p22-PHOX (CYBA) polymorphisms on premature coronary artery disease (≤ 40 years of age)Georg Goliasch
Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 105:529-34. 2011..In our study, we investigated the effect of polymorphisms in the p22-PHOX (CYBA) gene on CAD in young patients (≤ 40 years)...
- The C242T polymorphism of the gene encoding cytochrome b-245 alpha is not associated with paediatric ischaemic stroke: family-based and case-control studyPaweł Niemiec
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Medykow 18, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 44:453-8. 2010..The cytochrome b-245 alpha gene (CYBA) encodes cytochrome b-245 alpha light chain (p22phox peptide), a critical element of NAD(P)H oxidases, the most important source of superoxide anion in the cerebral ..
- Functional effect of the p22phox -930A/G polymorphism on p22phox expression and NADPH oxidase activity in hypertensionGorka San José
Area of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, University Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Hypertension 44:163-9. 2004..NADPH oxidase is the main source of superoxide in phagocytic and vascular cells, and the p22phox subunit is involved in NADPH oxidase activation...
- Accumulation of gene polymorphisms related to oxidative stress is associated with myocardial infarction in Japanese type 2 diabetic patientsNaoto Katakami
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Atherosclerosis 212:534-8. 2010..We simultaneously determined 5 relatively common genetic variants related to oxidative stress and evaluated the combined effect on MI...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme and p22(phox) polymorphisms and the risk of coronary heart disease in a low-risk Spanish populationTrinidad Mata-Balaguer
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Int J Cardiol 95:145-51. 2004..To evaluate the genetic contribution to myocardial infarction in a homogeneous Caucasian population (a Mediterranean Spanish population) with very low frequency of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- The effect of p22(phox) -930A/G, A640G and C242T polymorphisms of NADPH oxidase on peripheral and central pressures in healthy, normotensive individualsPanagiotis Xaplanteris
1st Cardiology Department, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hypertens Res 33:814-8. 2010..These findings further elucidate the role of this polymorphism in the regulation of blood pressure. In contrast, the A640G and C242T SNPs do not influence peripheral and central pressures in normotensives...
- Purified cytochrome b from human granulocyte plasma membrane is comprised of two polypeptides with relative molecular weights of 91,000 and 22,000C A Parkos
J Clin Invest 80:732-42. 1987....
- [The p22phox protein and the CYBA gene. Their function and associations with atherosclerosis-related diseases]Tomasz Nowak
Zakład Biochemii i Genetyki Medycznej, Slaski Uniwersytet Medyczny w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 66:10-7. 2013..The p22phox subunit plays an important role in the functioning of these enzymes and is encoded by the CYBA gene (cytochrome b-..
- Relationship of the p22phox (CYBA) gene polymorphism C242T with risk of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisZhijun Wu
Department of Cardiology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e70885. 2013Observational and experimental studies have thus far been unable to resolve whether the CYBA C242T polymorphism is associated with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- The C242T CYBA polymorphism as a major determinant of NADPH oxidase activity in patients with cardiovascular diseaseP Mehranpour
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 7:251-9. 2009Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the CYBA gene encoding p22(phox) have been associated with respiratory burst and cardiovascular phenotypes...
- Association between NADPH oxidase p22(phox) C242T polymorphism and ischemic cerebrovascular disease: a meta-analysisBing Hu Li
Department of Neurology, Institute of Surgery Research, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e56478. 2013..This meta-analysis was therefore designed to clarify these controversies...
- Association between rs4673 (C/T) and rs13306294 (A/G) haplotypes of NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox gene and severity of stenosis in coronary arteriesMohammad Najafi
Biochemistry Department, Cellular and Molecular Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Gene 499:213-7. 2012..Findings have shown that p22phox subunit is an essential element related to the enzyme activity...
- NADPH oxidase polymorphisms in cerebral small vessel diseaseUsman Khan
Centre for Clinical Neuroscience, St George s University of London, London, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:135-8. 2007
- NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox C242T polymorphism and ischemic stroke in Japan: the Fukuoka Stroke Registry and the Hisayama studyJ Kuroda
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Neurol 14:1091-7. 2007The C242T polymorphism of p22phox, a component of NAD(P)H oxidase, may have an impact on cardiovascular diseases; however, the association between this polymorphism and brain infarction is not fully understood...
- Association of p22phox gene C242T polymorphism with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisShengxia Fang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Shandong University, PR China
Thromb Res 125:e197-201. 2010The C242T polymorphism of p22phox gene (rs4673) has been linked to the reduced coronary artery disease (CAD) risk, but results in the published literatures are controversial...
- Insight into the role of CYBA A640G and C242T gene variants and coronary heart disease risk. A case-control studyA Macias-Reyes
Research Unit, HUGC Dr Negrín, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Free Radic Res 42:82-92. 2008..Higher levels of G allele mRNA compared with A allele mRNA were found. NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox sub-unit expression was evaluated with Western blot...
- CYBA C242T gene polymorphism and flow-mediated vasodilation in a population of young adults: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyMeng Fan
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Finland
J Hypertens 25:1381-7. 2007..The C242T polymorphism of the CYBA gene that encodes p22phox, a component of NADPH oxidase, has been found to modulate superoxide production...
- Associations of polymorphism of P22(phox) C242T, plasma levels of vitamin E, and smoking with coronary heart disease in ChinaMei An He
Institute of Occupational Medicine and the Ministry of Education Key Lab of Environment and Health, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Am Heart J 153:640.e1-6. 2007..In this study, we sought to examine potential interactions between P22(phox) genotypes, plasma vitamin E concentrations, and smoking in relation to CHD risk...
- Endothelial venodilator response in carriers of genetic polymorphisms involved in NO synthesis and degradationRuth Fricker
Department of Internal Medicine VI, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:169-77. 2004Polymorphisms of the NOSIII gene and of the CYBA gene have been associated with a number of pathological conditions such as arterial hypertension, coronary artery disease, and myocardial infarction...
- Functional analysis of Nox4 reveals unique characteristics compared to other NADPH oxidasesKendra D Martyn
Department of Immunology IMM28, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Signal 18:69-82. 2006..Nox4 associates with the protein p22phox on internal membranes, where ROS generation occurs...
- NADPH oxidase p22phox and catalase gene variants are associated with biomarkers of oxidative stress and adverse outcomes in acute renal failureMary C Perianayagam
Division of Nephrology, Kidney and Dialysis Research Laboratory, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Boston, MA 02135, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:255-63. 2007..polymorphisms in the coding region (C to T substitution at position +242) of the pro-oxidant enzyme NADPH oxidase p22phox subunit gene and in the promoter region (C to T substitution at position -262) of the antioxidant enzyme catalase ..
- C242T polymorphism in CYBA gene (p22phox) and risk of coronary artery disease in a population of Caucasian ItaliansSabina Nasti
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biology, Genova University School of Medicine, Genova, Italy
Dis Markers 22:167-73. 2006..Some studies have identified a relationship between progression of atherosclerosis and C242T mutation in CYBA gene coding for p22phox, a subunit of the NADH/NADPH oxidase system.
- Preliminary characterisation of the promoter of the human p22(phox) gene: identification of a new polymorphism associated with hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, C Irunlarrea 1, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
FEBS Lett 542:27-31. 2003..Mutagenesis experiments showed that the G allele had higher promoter activity than the A allele. These results suggest that the -930(A/G) polymorphism in the p22(phox) promoter may be a novel genetic marker associated with hypertension...
- Vascular stiffness is related to superoxide generation in the vessel wallChristian Delles
BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, UK
J Hypertens 26:946-55. 2008..Increased vascular stiffness is an intermediate phenotype in the development of cardiovascular disease. We hypothesized that vascular stiffness is partially determined by oxidative stress...
- Association analysis between hypertension and CYBA, CLCNKB, and KCNMB1 functional polymorphisms in the Japanese population--the Suita StudyYoshihiro Kokubo
National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Circ J 69:138-42. 2005..Recently, 3 functional polymorphisms, G(-930)A in CYBA, T481S in CLCNKB, and E65K in KCNMB1, were reported to be associated with blood pressure (BP) status and the aim of ..
- The C242T CYBA polymorphism of NADPH oxidase is associated with essential hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Centre for Applied Medical Research, Spain
J Hypertens 24:1299-306. 2006..The C242T polymorphism of CYBA, the human gene that encodes p22phox, has been found to be functionally associated with vascular NADPH oxidase activity in atherosclerotic patients...
- CYBA C242T polymorphism is associated with obesity and diabetes mellitus in Brazilian hypertensive patientsR Schreiber
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Diabet Med 29:e55-61. 2012The CYBA C242T polymorphism has been associated with cardiovascular phenotypes such as hypertension and atherosclerosis, but available data are conflicting...
- C242T polymorphism of NADPH oxidase p22phox and recurrence of cardiovascular events in coronary artery diseaseMarcello Arca
Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, Unit of Medical Therapy, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:752-7. 2008The common C242T polymorphism in the gene for the p22phox subunit of NADPH oxidase has been reported to be negatively associated with oxidative stress, but whether it confers prognostic information is not yet clear.
- NAD(P)H oxidases regulate HIF-2alpha protein expressionKaren Block
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, George O Brien Kidney Research Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8019-26. 2007..We show that in VHL-deficient cells p22phox, Nox4 protein levels and NADPH-dependent superoxide generation are increased...
- Association of the CYBA, PPARGC1A, PPARG3, and PPARD gene variants with coronary artery disease and metabolic risk factors of coronary atherosclerosis in a Russian populationAlexey G Nikitin
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, National Research Center GosNIIgenetika, 1st Dorozhny Proezd 1, 117545 Moscow, Russia
Heart Vessels 25:229-36. 2010..In this study, we evaluate whether the PPARGC1A Gly482Ser, PPARG3 (-681)C/G, PPARD +294T/C, and CYBA +242C/T gene variants confer the risk of CAD in a Russian population...
- The A640G and C242T p22(phox) polymorphisms in patients with coronary artery diseaseA Maziar Zafari
Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:675-80. 2002..Our study does not support a functional role for the A640G or C242T polymorphisms either in the severity of CAD or in determining endothelial function in older men...
- The C242T polymorphism of the NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox subunit is associated with an enhanced risk for cerebrovascular disease at a young ageJust Genius
Division of Molecular and Clinical Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 26:430-3. 2008..A functionally relevant C242T polymorphism of the CYBA gene encoding the NAD(P)H oxidase p22(phox) subunit, is supposed to lead to an abnormal reduction in the generation ..
- Functional effects of NAD(P)H oxidase p22(phox) C242T mutation in human leukocytes and association with thrombotic cerebral infarctionYumi Shimo-Nakanishi
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Atherosclerosis 175:109-15. 2004....
- NADPH oxidase-mediated oxidative stress: genetic studies of the p22(phox) gene in hypertensionGuillermo Zalba
Area of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Antioxid Redox Signal 7:1327-36. 2005..the promoter and in the coding region of CYBA, the gene that encodes the essential subunit of the NADPH oxidase p22phox, some of which seem to influence significantly the activity of these enzymes in the context of cardiovascular ..
- p22phox is a critical component of the superoxide-generating NADH/NADPH oxidase system and regulates angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy in vascular smooth muscle cellsM Ushio-Fukai
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 271:23317-21. 1996..We provide the first evidence that p22(phox) is a critical component of superoxide-generating vascular NADH/NADPH oxidase and suggest a central role for this oxidase system in vascular hypertrophy...
- Association of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox gene variation with advanced carotid atherosclerosis in Japanese type 2 diabetesRieko Hayaishi-Okano
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka Suita City, Japan
Diabetes Care 26:458-63. 2003To evaluate the association between the C242T polymorphism of the p22 phox gene, an essential component of NAD(P)H oxidase in the vasculature, with intima-media thickness (IMT) of the carotid artery and risk factors for atherosclerosis in ..
- Human neutrophil cytochrome b light chain (p22-phox). Gene structure, chromosomal location, and mutations in cytochrome-negative autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseM C Dinauer
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Clin Invest 86:1729-37. 1990..In order to search for possible mutations in the cytochrome light chain locus, CYBA, the structure of this gene was characterized...
- A novel CYBA variant, the -675A/T polymorphism, is associated with essential hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Hypertens 25:1620-6. 2007..We searched for new polymorphisms within the CYBA promoter, the human gene that encodes the p22phox protein, and studied their potential association with essential hypertension.
- Association of the p22phox component of NAD(P)H oxidase with susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetesAndrea D Hodgkinson
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Plymouth Campus, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Diabetes Care 26:3111-5. 2003..The aim was to investigate the frequency of these polymorphisms in 268 patients with type 1 diabetes with or without microvascular complications...
- The C242T polymorphism of the p22phox component of NAD(P)H oxidase and vascular risk. Two case-control studies and a meta-analysisAugusto Di Castelnuovo
Laboratory of Genetic and Environmental Epidemiology, Center for High Technology Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
Thromb Haemost 99:594-601. 2008..Vascular NAD(P)H oxidase is comprised of several subunits, one of which, p22phox, is encoded by a gene exhibiting several allelic variants...
- Role of p22phox in angiotensin II and platelet-derived growth factor AA induced activator protein 1 activation in vascular smooth muscle cellsChristiane Viedt
Innere Medizin III, Universitat Heidelberg, Bergheimer Strasse 58, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:31-8. 2004..investigated the role of ANG II and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) AA induced ROS generation derived from p22phox-containing NAD(P)H oxidase in the activation of activator protein (AP) 1 in human vascular smooth muscle cells (..
- Monocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p22(phox) and inducible hemeoxygenase-1 gene expressions are increased in type II diabetic patients: relationship with oxidative stressAngelo Avogaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, School of Medicine, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1753-9. 2003..These findings suggest that these cells, which play a crucial role in the earliest events of atherosclerotic lesion, are subjected to an increased oxidative stress...
- Influence of glucosamine sulphate on oxidative stress in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes: effects on HO-1, p22(Phox) and iNOS expressionC Valvason
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2 35128 Padova, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:31-5. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of GS on primary human chondrocytes in vitro, in particular with regard to HO-1, p22(Phox) (a subunit of NADPH complex) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression...
- Direct interaction of the novel Nox proteins with p22phox is required for the formation of a functionally active NADPH oxidaseRashmi K Ambasta
Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, D 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45935-41. 2004..We determined whether a direct interaction of Nox1 and Nox4 with the p22phox subunit of the NADPH oxidase occurs...
- Cytochrome b558-negative, autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease: two new mutations in the cytochrome b558 light chain of the NADPH oxidase (p22-phox)M de Boer
Central Laboratory of the Netherlands Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, Amsterdam
Am J Hum Genet 51:1127-35. 1992..In this patient, a G-->A substitution was found at position 1 of intron 4 in the genomic DNA. Therefore, the absence of exon 4 in the cDNA of this patient is due to a splicing error.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Characterization of six novel mutations in CYBA: the gene causing autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseShahram Teimourian
Immunology, Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Medical Sciences of Tehran University, and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Khatam University, Tehran, Iran
Br J Haematol 141:848-51. 2008One of the rarest forms of chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) is caused by mutations in CYBA, which encodes the p22-phox subunit of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, leading to defective intracellular killing...
- Polymorphisms in oxidative stress genes and risk for non-Hodgkin lymphomaSophia S Wang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1828-34. 2006..Thirteen single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from 10 oxidative stress genes (AKR1A1, AKR1C1, CYBA, GPX, MPO, NOS2A, NOS3, OGG1, PPARG and SOD2) were genotyped in 1172 NHL cases and 982 population-based controls ..
- The p22phox C242T gene polymorphism is associated with a reduced risk of angiographically verified coronary artery disease in a high-risk Finnish Caucasian population. The Finnish Cardiovascular StudyMeng Fan
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Tampere University Hospital and Tampere University Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Am Heart J 152:538-42. 2006..The p22phox, a component of the NADPH oxidase, is essential for the activation of this enzyme, and intensive expression of ..
- NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox gene C242T polymorphism, nitric oxide production, salt sensitivity and cardiovascular risk factors in HispanicsA M Castejon
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Professions Division, College of Pharmacy, NOVA Southeastern University NSU, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
J Hum Hypertens 20:772-9. 2006..We investigated the prevalence of the NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox gene C242T polymorphism, and its possible association with blood pressure, NO production, salt sensitivity and ..
- Impact of NAD(P)H oxidase p22 phox gene polymorphism on vascular aging in Korean centenarian and nonagenarianKwang Il Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Cardiol 123:18-22. 2007..The goal of this study is to investigate the effect of the p22(phox) C242T polymorphism on cardiovascular aging...
- Regulation of phagocyte NADPH oxidase activity: identification of two cytochrome b558 activation statesMarie Helene Paclet
GREPI EA 2938, Laboratory Enzymologie DBPC, CHU Grenoble BP 217, 38043, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
FASEB J 21:1244-55. 2007..MRPs induce the switch between the partially and the fully "open" cytochrome b558 conformation. Moreover, their effect was independent of p67-phox. Data point out two potential cytochrome b558 activation states...
- Interaction between the SH3 domains and C-terminal proline-rich region in NADPH oxidase organizer 1 (Noxo1)Asataro Yamamoto
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:560-5. 2007..These findings suggest that Nox activation involves a conformational change leading to disruption of the bis-SH3-PRR interaction in Noxo1...
- Relationship between common functional polymorphisms of the p22phox gene (-930A > G and +242C > T) and nephropathy as a result of Type 2 diabetes in a Chinese populationS C Lim
Department of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Singapore
Diabet Med 23:1037-41. 2006..We investigated the association between two common functional single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) (-930 A > G and +242 C > T) and DN in a much larger group of Chinese patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Genetic polymorphisms of oxidative and antioxidant enzymes and arsenic-related hypertensionYu Mei Hsueh
Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:1471-84. 2005..These results suggested that the NADPH oxidase, MnSOD, and e-NOS polymorphisms, but not catalase, might play a role in the development of arsenic-related hypertension, especially in subjects with high triglyceride levels...
- Novel human homologues of p47phox and p67phox participate in activation of superoxide-producing NADPH oxidasesRyu Takeya
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:25234-46. 2003..NADPH oxidase (Nox) in phagocytes is gp91phox/Nox2, a membrane-integrated protein that forms a heterodimer with p22phox to constitute flavocytochrome b558...
- The C242T p22phox polymorphism and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in subjects with hypercholesterolaemiaMarkus P Schneider
Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Medizinische Klinik IV 4, Klinikum Nürnberg Süd, Breslauer Strasse 201, D 90471 Nuremberg, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 105:97-103. 2003..The C242T variant of the CYBA gene encoding the p22phox subunit of the NAD(P)H oxidase, a major source of superoxide production, has been shown to be associated with ..
- NADPH oxidase activation in pancreatic cancer cells is mediated through Akt-dependent up-regulation of p22phoxMouad Edderkaoui
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System and UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Biol Chem 286:7779-87. 2011..Up-regulation of p22(phox) represents a novel pro-survival mechanism through which growth factors and Akt inhibit apoptosis in PaCa cells...
- Non-effect of p22-phox -930A/G polymorphism on end-organ damage in Brazilian hypertensive patientsM L Sales
J Hum Hypertens 21:504-6. 2007..We recently reported that left ventricular hypertrophy is accompanied by increased myocardial p22-phox expression in aortic-banded rats, suggesting that this protein might be involved in hypertensive cardiac hypertrophy...
- Assembly of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: binding of Src homology 3 domains to proline-rich targetsT L Leto
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:10650-4. 1994..We propose a model in which the oxidase complex assembles through a mechanism involving SH3 domains of both cytosolic proteins and cognate proline-rich targets in other oxidase components...
- No association between genetic polymorphisms in NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox and paraoxonase 1 and colorectal cancer riskElise M J van der Logt
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Anticancer Res 25:1465-70. 2005..Polymorphic variations in NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox and paraoxonase 1 (PON1) enzyme activities may alter superoxide production or the rate of chemical metabolism, ..
- Involvement of NADPH oxidase in oxidized LDL-induced upregulation of heat shock factor-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in vascular endothelial cellsRuozhi Zhao
Diabetes Research Group, University of Manitoba, 835 715 McDermot Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3P4, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E104-11. 2009....
- AP-1-dependent transcriptional regulation of NADPH oxidase in human aortic smooth muscle cells: role of p22phox subunitAdrian Manea
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8 B P Hasdeu Street, Bucharest, P O Box 35 14, Romania
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:878-85. 2008..In this study we searched for the role of AP-1 in the regulation of NADPHox expression and function in human aortic SMCs exposed to proinflammatory conditions...
- Genetic studies of three Japanese patients with p22-phox-deficient chronic granulomatous disease: detection of a possible common mutant CYBA allele in Japan and a genotype-phenotype correlation in these patientsM Yamada
Departments of Paediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Haematol 108:511-7. 2000..Mutations in the p22-phox gene (CYBA) locus in 16q24 result in one of the rare autosomal recessive forms of CGD...
- Role of the vascular NADH/NADPH oxidase system in atherosclerosisM Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 902:241-7; discussion 247-8. 2000..The NADH/NADPH oxidase system, which includes a 22 kD subunit (p22 phox), is the major source of superoxide production in vascular tissues...
- Ethanol augments PDGF-induced NADPH oxidase activity and proliferation in rat pancreatic stellate cellsRichard Hu
Department of Veterans Affairs University of California, Los Angeles Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Los Angeles, Calif 90073, USA
Pancreatology 7:332-40. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the presence and role of the NADPH oxidase system in mediating alcohol effects on PaSCs with specific emphasis on proliferation...
- Renal proximal tubular reabsorption is reduced in adult spontaneously hypertensive rats: roles of superoxide and Na+/H+ exchanger 3Carolina Panico
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Rd, Building D 395, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Hypertension 54:1291-7. 2009..This finding implies that proximal tubule fluid reabsorption is regulated by redox balance, which may have profound effects on ion and fluid homeostasis in the hypertensive kidney...
- Creation of a genetic system for analysis of the phagocyte respiratory burst: high-level reconstitution of the NADPH oxidase in a nonhematopoietic systemMarianne O Price
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 99:2653-61. 2002....
- Subcellular localization of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunits in neurons and astroglia of the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationship with tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neuronsM J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 143:547-64. 2006..Moreover, NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in neurons and glia may directly or indirectly modulate catecholaminergic neuron activity in the mNTS...
- Riboflavin kinase couples TNF receptor 1 to NADPH oxidaseBenjamin Yazdanpanah
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Nature 460:1159-63. 2009..The results suggest that TNF, through the activation of RFK, enhances the incorporation of FAD in NADPH oxidase enzymes, a critical step for the assembly and activation of NADPH oxidase...
- Mechanism of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase activation by angiotensin II. Role of the p47phox subunitJian Mei Li
Department of Cardiology, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, King s College London, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:12094-100. 2003..These data indicate that angiotensin II-stimulated endothelial NADPH oxidase activity is regulated through serine phosphorylation of p47(phox) and its enhanced binding to p22(phox)...
- Downregulation of NADPH oxidase, antioxidant enzymes, and inflammatory markers in the heart of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by N-acetyl-L-cysteineZhixin Guo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Div of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Univ of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1728-36. 2007..The protective effects of NAC on diabetic rat hearts may be attributable to its protection of hearts against oxidative damage induced by the increased NADPH oxidase and to its reduction in cardiac inflammatory mediators IL-6 and COX-2...
- New insights into the membrane topology of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: characterization of an anti-gp91-phox conformational monoclonal antibodyYannick Campion
GREPI EA 2938, Lab Enzymologie DBPC, CHU Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochimie 89:1145-58. 2007..Moreover, the antibody 13B6 may be conformationally sensitive and used as a probe for identifying the active NADPH oxidase complex in vivo...
- NADPH oxidase plays a crucial role in the activation of pancreatic stellate cellsAtsushi Masamune
Div of Gastroenterology, Tohoku Univ Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574 Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G99-G108. 2008..In conclusion, PSCs express NADPH oxidase to generate ROS, which mediates key cell functions and activation of PSCs. NADPH oxidase might be a potential target for the treatment of pancreatic fibrosis...
- NADPH oxidase expression and production of superoxide by human corneal stromal cellsWILLIAM J O'BRIEN
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Mol Vis 15:2535-43. 2009..via nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidases, a family of protein complexes believed to be responsible for the localized and limited production of O(2) (.-) with regulatory activity...
- Localization of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory ganglion neurons and perivascular nerve fibersXian Cao
The Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Auton Neurosci 151:90-7. 2009..The presence of a O(2)(-*)-generating enzyme in close vicinity to the sites of neurotransmitter handling in the nerve fibers suggests the possibility of novel redox-mediated mechanisms in peripheral neurovascular control...
- Lipid rafts keep NADPH oxidase in the inactive state in human renal proximal tubule cellsWeixing Han
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 51:481-7. 2008..Therefore, in human renal proximal tubule cells, LRs maintain NADPH oxidase in an inactive state...
- Critical role of Nox4-based NADPH oxidase in glucose-induced oxidative stress in the kidney: implications in type 2 diabetic nephropathyM Sedeek
Kidney Research Centre, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and Deptartment of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1348-58. 2010..These findings implicate Nox4-based NADPH oxidase in molecular mechanisms underlying fibrosis in type 2 diabetic nephropathy...
- Cloning and expression of the gene encoding the porcine NADPH oxidase light-chain subunit (p22-phox)Y Zhou
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
Gene 148:363-7. 1994..No change in mRNA expression was found in the cells with or without TGF beta 1 treatment. The results indicated that the heavy and light chains of NADPH oxidase are independently regulated by IL-4 in macrophages...
- A region N-terminal to the tandem SH3 domain of p47phox plays a crucial role in the activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidaseMasahiko Taura
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem J 419:329-38. 2009..protein gp91phox [also known as Nox2 (NADPH oxidase 2)], which forms a stable heterodimer with p22phox. Activation of the oxidase requires membrane translocation of the three cytosolic proteins p47phox, p67phox and ..
- Role of extracellular superoxide dismutase in the mouse angiotensin slow pressor responseWilliam J Welch
Cardiovascular Kidney Institute and Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 48:934-41. 2006....
- O2 sensing is preserved in mice lacking the gp91 phox subunit of NADPH oxidaseS L Archer
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T69 2B7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7944-9. 1999..In wild-type lungs, gp91 phox and p22 phox subunits are present (relative expression: macrophages > airways and veins > PASMCs)...
- Regulation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase activity: phosphorylation of gp91phox/NOX2 by protein kinase C enhances its diaphorase activity and binding to Rac2, p67phox, and p47phoxHoussam Raad
INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
FASEB J 23:1011-22. 2009..These results demonstrate that gp91(phox) is phosphorylated in human neutrophils by PKC to enhance its catalytic activity and assembly of the complex. Phosphorylation of gp91(phox)/NOX2 is a novel mechanism of NADPH oxidase regulation...
- Effect of doxazosin on oxidative stress-related proteins in benign prostatic hyperplasiaLorenzo A Calo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica 4, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Urol Int 76:36-41. 2006....
- Role of superoxide, nitric oxide, and peroxynitrite in doxorubicin-induced cell death in vivo and in vitroPartha Mukhopadhyay
Section on Oxidative Stress and Tissue Injury, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, 5625 Fishers Lane, MSC 9413, Bethesda, MD 20892 9413, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1466-83. 2009..Thus, peroxynitrite is a major trigger of DOX-induced cell death both in vivo and in vivo, and the modulation of the pathways leading to its generation or its effective neutralization can be of significant therapeutic benefit...
- Inhibition of superoxide anion generation by CHS-111 via blockade of the p21-activated kinase, protein kinase B/Akt and protein kinase C signaling pathways in rat neutrophilsLing Chu Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 403, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 615:207-17. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that CHS-111 inhibits fMLP-stimulated O(2)(-) generation in rat neutrophils through the blockade of PAK, Akt and PKC signaling pathways...
- A case-control study of rheumatoid arthritis identifies an associated single nucleotide polymorphism in the NCF4 gene, supporting a role for the NADPH-oxidase complex in autoimmunityLina M Olsson
Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, BMC I11, 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R98. 2007..played by the NOX complex in RA, we investigated the association of 51 SNPs in five genes of the NOX complex (CYBB, CYBA, NCF4, NCF2, and RAC2) in a Swedish case-control cohort consisting of 1,842 RA cases and 1,038 control individuals...
- Differential regulation of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory Ganglia in deoxycorticosterone acetate salt hypertensionXian Cao
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 50:663-71. 2007..This differential regulation may contribute to unbalanced vasomotor control and enhanced vasoconstriction in the splanchnic circulation...
- Activation of mineralocorticoid receptors by exogenous glucocorticoids and the development of cardiovascular inflammatory responses in adrenalectomized ratsMorag J Young
P O Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 151:2622-8. 2010....
- Structure, regulation and evolution of Nox-family NADPH oxidases that produce reactive oxygen speciesHideki Sumimoto
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS J 275:3249-77. 2008..Here I describe the regulation of Nox-family oxidases on the basis of three-dimensional structures and evolutionary conservation...
- NADPH-Oxidase and SLE SusceptibilitySwapan K Nath; Fiscal Year: 2013..This multi-protein complex is encoded by 7 essential genes: NCF1, NCF2, NCF4, CYBA,CYBB, Rac1 or Rac2...
- ACTIVATION MECHANISMS IN THE NADPH OXIDASEMichael Kleinberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings may lead to new strategies for design of novel anti-inflammatory agents that will inhibit oxidase formation and production of superoxide by phagocytes. ..
- Renal Control of Blood Pressure in Early DiabetesMichael Brands; Fiscal Year: 2007..whether increased SOD1 in transgenic mice protects against hypertension similar to tempol; d. the role of NADPH oxidase, by measuring p22 phox expression and the effect of apocynin.
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTO1, GSTP1, MTHFR, and AS3MT genes) and genes related to oxidative stress (NOS3, SOD2, and CYBA) and inflammation/endothelial dysfunction (TNF, IL6, ICAM1, and VCAM1) using a cross-sectional study of IMT with ..
- Causes and consequences of neutrophil dysfunction in early onset Crohn's diseaseSubra Kugathasan; Fiscal Year: 2013..to affect GM-CSF priming of bacterial killing (CSF2RB &ITGAM/CD11b) and neutrophil oxidative burst (CYBA/p22phox), while EO patients have exhibited increasing titers of GM-CSF Ab...
- REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTION AND BP BY THROMBOXANECHRISTOPHER WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Glutathione Peroxidase & Redox State in AtherosclerosisFrancis Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will provide a foundation for additional studies of redox status in vascular disease and potential novel therapeutic strategies to modify the progression of atherosclerosis in patients. ..
- Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesKaren Block; Fiscal Year: 2008..Elucidating these events may allow future modulation of the enzymatic complex(es) to prevent oxidative stress implicated in cellular injury in diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASES IN INSULIN SECRETIONAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- POSTTRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORSKATHRYN L SANDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2011..These studies will determine the post-transcriptional mechanisms of AT1R regulation in these reciprocally regulated tissues and how these mechanisms are impaired in aged rats in response to altered sodium intake. ..
- Protein Prenyltransferases in Glucose-Stimulated Insulin SecretionAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 2008 NOX Family NADPH Oxidases Gordon ConferenceWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biosynthesis, structural organization, and function of NOX proteinsWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2007..To define functionally critical features of NOX2-p22phox association: focusing our attention on heterodimer formation, heme acquisition, and quality control of synthesis ..
- Genetic Analysis of Vascular AgingSteven Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IGG PLACENTAL TRANSPORT: ENDOTHELIAL CAVEOLAEJohn Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our approaches to testing the predictions of this hypothesis incorporate methods of cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, ultrastructural analysis, and molecular biology. ..
- 2006 NOX Family NADPH Oxidases Gordon ConferenceWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hypertension and Superoxide GenerationPATRICK PAGANO; Fiscal Year: 2005..and compare responses in glutathione peroxidase-l-deficient versus wild-type mice (4) examine the effect of cell targeting on mvofibroblast migration and neointimal proliferation during the vascular injury response. ..
- The Submembranous Cytoskeleton in Neutrophil ActivationWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2005..Fundamental principles elucidated already have been applied to studies of specific host-pathogen interactions. ..
- CHAPERONES AND PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN MYELOID CELLSWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicants believe that these will define principles that apply not only to these specific myeloid proteins but to proteins in general that acquire heme in the ER. ..
- Sex and Gene ExpressionKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..A summary of the conference presentations will be compiled into a report and these proceedings will be distributed to various audiences and posted in PDF format on the SWHR website. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION: FORMATION OF MICROPARTICLESSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies may provide novel information on the contribution of microparticles to the pathophysiology of endothelial cell dysfunction and coagulation abnormalities. ..
- Sex and Gene Expression ConferenceKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..A summary of the conference presentations will be compiled into a report and these proceedings will be distributed to all participants and will be posted in a PDF format in the Society for Women's Health Research website. ..
- Lipid Mediators in the Resolution of Asthma ExacerbationsBruce Levy; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal's specific aims are directed towards uncovering basic mechanisms in the pathobiology of resolution from asthma exacerbation. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HERPETIC KERATITISWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal is to understand the pathogenesis of edema in order to develop effective and specific alternatives to corticosteroids for the therapy of HSV-induced edema and stromal disease. ..
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Type density and size must conform to limits and specifications provided in the PHS 398Instructions. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation during A. phagocytophilum invasionJacob Ijdo; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] In the Unites States, Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis is an emerging tick-associated disease and in[unreadable] endemic areas the incidence is second only to Lyme disease. ..
- The role of CD44 isoforms in immunotherapy of melanomaROBERT MCKALLIP; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, he proposes to examine the potential use of the CD44hi cells in the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable]..