Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYB561
Description: cytochrome b561
Alias: CYB561A1, FRRS2, cytochrome b561, cytochrome b-561, cytochrome b561 family, member A1, ferric-chelate reductase 2
- Srivastava M. Genomic structure and expression of the human gene encoding cytochrome b561, an integral protein of the chromaffin granule membrane. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22714-20 pubmedb>Cytochrome b561 is an electron transfer protein unique to neuroendocrine secretory vesicles. The Southern blot hybridization shows that it is a single copy gene highly conserved throughout phylogeny...
- Bashtovyy D, Bérczi A, Asard H, Pali T. Structure prediction for the di-heme cytochrome b561 protein family. Protoplasma. 2003;221:31-40 pubmed..The central 4-helix core represents a transmembrane electron transfer architecture that is highly conserved in eukaryotic species. ..
- Vargas J, Herpers B, McKie A, Gledhill S, McDonnell J, van den Heuvel M, et al. Stromal cell-derived receptor 2 and cytochrome b561 are functional ferric reductases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1651:116-23 pubmed..In this study we show that three members of the b561 family of predicted ferric reductases, namely mouse cytochrome b561 and mouse and fly stromal cell-derived receptor 2 (SDR2), have ferric reductase activity...
- Fung M, Nguyen C, Mehtani P, Salem R, Perez B, Thomas B, et al. Genetic variation within adrenergic pathways determines in vivo effects of presynaptic stimulation in humans. Circulation. 2008;117:517-25 pubmed publisher..002), and cytochrome b-561 (CYB561, intron 1, C719G; P<0.001), an electron shuttle for catecholamine synthesis...
- Asard H, Barbaro R, Trost P, Bérczi A. Cytochromes b561: ascorbate-mediated trans-membrane electron transport. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;19:1026-35 pubmed publisher..A CYB561-core domain is also associated with dopamine ?-monooxygenase redox domains (DOMON) in ubiquitous CYBDOM proteins...
- Zhang K, Deacon D, Rao F, Schork A, Fung M, Waalen J, et al. Human heart rate: heritability of resting and stress values in twin pairs, and influence of genetic variation in the adrenergic pathway at a microribonucleic acid (microrna) motif in the 3'-UTR of cytochrome b561 [corrected]. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:358-68 pubmed publisher..of HR, focusing on a component of the autonomic sympathetic pathway already predictive of outflow responses: cytochrome b561 (CYB561), the electron shuttle in catecholamine vesicle membranes for transmitter biosynthesis...