Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CXCR4
Description: chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4
Alias: CD184, D2S201E, FB22, HM89, HSY3RR, LAP3, LCR1, LESTR, NPY3R, NPYR, NPYRL, NPYY3R, WHIM, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4, CD184 antigen, CXC-R4, CXCR-4, SDF-1 receptor, fusin, leukocyte-derived seven transmembrane domain receptor, leukocyte-derived seven-transmembrane-domain receptor, lipopolysaccharide-associated protein 3, neuropeptide Y receptor Y3, seven transmembrane helix receptor, seven-transmembrane-segment receptor, spleen, stromal cell-derived factor 1 receptor
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- HIV-1 entry cofactor: functional cDNA cloning of a seven-transmembrane, G protein-coupled receptorY Feng
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 272:872-7. 1996..This protein, designated "fusin," is a putative G protein-coupled receptor with seven transmembrane segments...
- A small-molecule antagonist of CXCR4 inhibits intracranial growth of primary brain tumorsJoshua B Rubin
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13513-8. 2003..Here we show that activation of the Gi protein-coupled receptor CXCR4 is critical for the growth of both malignant neuronal and glial tumors...
- Directed migration of neural stem cells to sites of CNS injury by the stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha/CXC chemokine receptor 4 pathwayJaime Imitola
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18117-22. 2004..NSCs express CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4), the cognate receptor for SDF-1alpha...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR7 is highly expressed in human glioma cells and mediates antiapoptotic effectsKirsten Hattermann
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Center, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Res 70:3299-308. 2010The chemokine CXCL12/stromal cell-derived factor-1 and its receptor CXCR4 play a major role in tumor invasion, proliferation, and metastasis. Recently, CXCR7 was identified as a novel, alternate receptor for CXCL12 and CXCL11/I-TAC...
- Coreceptor tropism in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype D: high prevalence of CXCR4 tropism and heterogeneous composition of viral populationsWei Huang
Monogram Biosciences, 345 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Virol 81:7885-93. 2007In human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) subtype B, CXCR4 coreceptor use ranges from approximately 20% in early infection to approximately 50% in advanced disease. Coreceptor use by non-subtype B HIV is less well characterized...
- CXCR4 and cancerBungo Furusato
Center for Prostate Disease Research, Department of Surgery, Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences, 1530 E Jefferson Street, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Pathol Int 60:497-505. 2010The chemokine receptor CXCR4 belongs to the large superfamily of G protein-coupled receptors and has been identified to play a crucial role in a number of biological processes, including the trafficking and homeostasis of immune cells ..
- A crosstalk between intracellular CXCR7 and CXCR4 involved in rapid CXCL12-triggered integrin activation but not in chemokine-triggered motility of human T lymphocytes and CD34+ cellsTanja Nicole Hartmann
The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Leukoc Biol 84:1130-40. 2008..The binding of CXCL12 to its receptor CXCR4 triggers Gi protein signals for motility and integrin activation in many cell types...
- Function of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in haematopoiesis and in cerebellar developmentY R Zou
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Nature 393:595-9. 1998..The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is broadly expressed in cells of both the immune and the central nervous systems and can mediate migration of ..
- Role of high expression levels of CXCR4 in tumor growth, vascularization, and metastasisMerav Darash-Yahana
Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, HBRC, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
FASEB J 18:1240-2. 2004..We found that high expression levels of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 correlated with the presence of metastatic disease in prostate cancer patients...
- Signal transduction due to HIV-1 envelope interactions with chemokine receptors CXCR4 or CCR5C B Davis
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, NYU Medical Center 10016, USA
J Exp Med 186:1793-8. 1997Infection with HIV-1 requires expression of CD4 and the chemokine receptors CXCR4 or CCR5 at the target cell surface...
- The V3 domain of the HIV-1 gp120 envelope glycoprotein is critical for chemokine-mediated blockade of infectionF Cocchi
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute and School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Nat Med 2:1244-7. 1996..Consistent with this discrepancy, two distinct chemokine receptors, namely, CXCR4 (ref. 7) and CCR5 (ref...
- Increased survival, proliferation, and migration in metastatic human pancreatic tumor cells expressing functional CXCR4Federica Marchesi
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 64:8420-7. 2004..cells from surgical samples of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma for expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Six of 11 cell lines expressed detectable mRNA of CXCR4, with three cell lines (AsPC1, Capan1, and Hs766T) having ..
- Cryptic nature of a conserved, CD4-inducible V3 loop neutralization epitope in the native envelope glycoprotein oligomer of CCR5-restricted, but not CXCR4-using, primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 strainsPaolo Lusso
Unit of Human Virology, Department of Biological and Technological Research DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Virol 79:6957-68. 2005..sequential interactions with two cellular receptor molecules, CD4 and a chemokine receptor, most commonly CCR5 or CXCR4. However, antibody accessibility to such regions is hindered by diverse protective mechanisms, including shielding ..
- Molecular and clinical epidemiology of CXCR4-using HIV-1 in a large population of antiretroviral-naive individualsZabrina L Brumme
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St Paul s Hospital, and Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Infect Dis 192:466-74. 2005We wished to characterize the epidemiological and clinical correlates of CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) ("X4 variants") in a cross-sectional analysis of a large population of antiretroviral-naive ..
- Morphological and molecular characterization of novel population of CXCR4+ SSEA-4+ Oct-4+ very small embryonic-like cells purified from human cord blood: preliminary reportM Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Leukemia 21:297-303. 2007Recently, we purified from adult murine bone marrow (BM) a population of CXCR4(+), Oct-4(+) SSEA-1(+), Sca-1(+) lin(-) CD45(-) very small embryonic-like (VSEL) stem cells and hypothesized that similar cells could be also present in human ..
- Regulation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by hypoxiaTiziana Schioppa
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 198:1391-402. 2003..Low oxygen concentration induces high expression of the CXCL12 receptor, CXC receptor 4 (CXCR4), in different cell types (monocytes, monocyte-derived macrophages, tumor-associated macrophages, endothelial ..
- The deubiquitinating enzyme USP8 promotes trafficking and degradation of the chemokine receptor 4 at the sorting endosomeIlana Berlin
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37895-908. 2010..study explores an indirect role for USP8 in cargo trafficking through its regulation of the chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4)...
- The beta-chemokine receptors CCR3 and CCR5 facilitate infection by primary HIV-1 isolatesH Choe
Division of Human Retrovirology Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 85:1135-48. 1996..The ability of various members of the chemokine receptor family to support the early stages of HIV-1 infection helps to explain viral tropism and beta-chemokine inhibition of primary HIV-1 isolates...
- CXCR4 expression functionally discriminates centroblasts versus centrocytes within human germinal center B cellsGersende Caron
Unité 917, Faculte de Medecine, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Universite Rennes 1, Rennes, France
J Immunol 182:7595-602. 2009..able for the first time to separate these two subpopulations based on the expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 allowing their characterization...
- HIV-1 gp120- and gp160-induced apoptosis in cultured endothelial cells is mediated by caspasesC K Ullrich
Divisions of Experimental Medicine and Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 96:1438-42. 2000..Recently, the alpha-chemokine receptor CXCR4 has been reported to mediate apoptosis in neuronal cells and in CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells after its binding to HIV-..
- Binding of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to CD4 and CXCR4 receptors differentially regulates expression of inflammatory genes and activates the MEK/ERK signaling pathwayW Popik
Oncology Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Virol 72:6406-13. 1998..The activation of this signaling pathway requires functional CD4 receptors and is independent of binding to CXCR4. Binding of the natural ligand stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) to CXCR4, which inhibits entry of T-cell-..
- Relation between CXCR-4 expression, Flt3 mutations, and unfavorable prognosis of adult acute myeloid leukemiaElwin J C Rombouts
Department of Hematology, Room Ee1391, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 104:550-7. 2004..These data suggest that the SDF-1/CXCR-4 axis may influence therapy responsiveness and defines unfavorable prognosis in AML...
- Possible role of stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling on lymph node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaDaisuke Uchida
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 290:289-302. 2003..Of 13 kinds of chemokine receptors examined, only CXCR4 expression was up-regulated in HNt and B88 cells...
- CD4-independent association between HIV-1 gp120 and CXCR4: functional chemokine receptors are expressed in human neuronsJ Hesselgesser
Department of Immunology, Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, California 94804, USA
Curr Biol 7:112-21. 1997..We have shown previously that chemokine receptors including the interleukin-8 receptor B (CXCR2) and the Duffy blood group antigen are expressed on subsets of neurons in various regions of the adult nervous system...
- Incorporation of CXCR4 into membrane lipid rafts primes homing-related responses of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells to an SDF-1 gradientMarcin Wysoczynski
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Blood 105:40-8. 2005..was dependent on cholesterol content in the cell membrane and on the incorporation of the SDF-1 binding receptor CXCR4 and the small GTPase Rac-1 into membrane lipid rafts...
- Short-term exposure of multipotent stromal cells to low oxygen increases their expression of CX3CR1 and CXCR4 and their engraftment in vivoShih Chieh Hung
Center for Gene Therapy, Tulane University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e416. 2007..Short-term exposure of MSCs to 1% oxygen increased expression of the chemokine receptors CX3CR1and CXCR4, both as mRNA and as protein...
- CXCL12/CXCR4 transactivates HER2 in lipid rafts of prostate cancer cells and promotes growth of metastatic deposits in boneSreenivasa R Chinni
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:446-57. 2008..Previously, we showed that binding of the chemokine CXCL12 to its receptor CXCR4 mediated signaling events resulting in matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in prostate cancer bone metastasis...
- Coreceptor tropism can be influenced by amino acid substitutions in the gp41 transmembrane subunit of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope proteinWei Huang
Monogram Biosciences, 345 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Virol 82:5584-93. 2008..The introduction of distinct V3 sequences from CXCR4-using clones into an R5-tropic env backbone conferred the inefficient use of CXCR4 in some but not all cases...
- Surface expression of neutrophil CXCR4 is down-modulated by bacterial endotoxinHyun Kyung Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Hematol 85:390-6. 2007The chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its unique ligand, stromal-derived factor 1 (SDF-1), play critical roles in the retention of hematopoietic cells within bone marrow and in their mobilization into the circulation...
- Evolution of CCR5 use before and during coreceptor switchingMia Coetzer
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 82:11758-66. 2008..individuals or more, env evolution leads to expansion of the use of entry coreceptor from CCR5 alone to CCR5 and CXCR4. The stochastic nature of this coreceptor switch is not well explained by host selective forces that should be ..
- CXCR4 expression is associated with lymph-node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaTohru Ishikawa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Int J Oncol 28:61-6. 2006..CXCR3 mRNA and protein were expressed in all the OSCC cell lines examined, while CXCR4 mRNA and protein were expressed only in HSC2, HSC3, and Ca9-22 cells...
- Dynamic regulation of ROCK in tumor cells controls CXCR4-driven adhesion eventsAmanda P Struckhoff
Department of Oral Biology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Cell Sci 123:401-12. 2010b>CXCR4 is a chemokine receptor often found aberrantly expressed on metastatic tumor cells. To investigate CXCR4 signaling in tumor cell adhesion, we stably overexpressed CXCR4 in MCF7 breast tumor cells...
- Stromal-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling: indispensable role in homing and engraftment of hematopoietic stem cells in bone marrowMenka Sharma
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research Group, Division of Radiation Biosciences, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, Defense Research and Development Organization, New Delhi, India
Stem Cells Dev 20:933-46. 2011..Recent studies have highlighted the pivotal role of unique stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 signaling in the regulation of HSPC homing and subsequent engraftment...
- CXCR4 promotes oral squamous cell carcinoma migration and invasion through inducing expression of MMP-9 and MMP-13 via the ERK signaling pathwayTao Yu
Department of Head and Neck Oncology Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, No 14, Sec 3, Renminnan Road, Chengdu Sichuan 610041, People s Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 9:161-72. 2011..Although the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand, stromal cell-derived factor-1α, have been found to play an important role in tumor invasion, its ..
- The importance of the CXCL12-CXCR4 chemokine ligand-receptor interaction in prostate cancer metastasisManit Arya
Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Urology, University College London, UK
J Exp Ther Oncol 4:291-303. 2004..Our aim was to study the role of the CXCL12:CXCR4 chemokine ligand:receptor complex in determining the organ-specific metastasis of prostate cancer. MATERIALS and
- CXCR4 mediates the proliferation of glioblastoma progenitor cellsMoneeb Ehtesham
Department of Neurological Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 21st Avenue and Garland Street, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Lett 274:305-12. 2009..To this end, we now report that the cell surface chemokine receptor, CXCR4, a known mediator of cancer cell proliferation and invasion, is overexpressed in primary glioblastoma progenitor ..
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 enhances proliferation in pancreatic cancer cells through AKT and ERK dependent pathwaysXiaoming Shen
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Pancreas 39:81-7. 2010We previously detected CXCR4 expression in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN) tissues and demonstrated CXCR4-enhanced proliferation of PanIN cells...
- CXCR7/CXCR4 heterodimer constitutively recruits beta-arrestin to enhance cell migrationFabien M Décaillot
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 286:32188-97. 2011..In this study, we have attempted to identify the functional significance of the heteromeric complex between CXCR4 and CXCR7 chemokine receptors...
- Clinical significance of CXC chemokine receptor-4 and c-Met in childhood rhabdomyosarcomaFrancesca Diomedi-Camassei
Division of Pathology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:4119-27. 2008The CXC chemokine receptor-4 (CXCR4)/stromal-derived factor-1 and c-Met/hepatocyte growth factor axes promote the metastatic potential of rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines in experimental models, but no data are available on their role in ..
- SDF1 gene variation is associated with circulating SDF1alpha level and endothelial progenitor cell number: the Bruneck StudyQingzhong Xiao
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London BHF Centre, London, UK
PLoS ONE 3:e4061. 2008Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF1) and its receptor CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) play a critical role in progenitor cell homing, mobilization and differentiation...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase atrophin interacting protein 4 binds directly to the chemokine receptor CXCR4 via a novel WW domain-mediated interactionDeepali Bhandari
Program in Molecular Biology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1324-39. 2009..ligase atrophin interacting protein 4 (AIP4) mediates ubiquitination and down-regulation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4. AIP4 belongs to the Nedd4-like homologous to E6-AP carboxy terminus domain family of E3 ubiquitin ligases, which ..
- SDF-1alpha G801A polymorphism predicts lymph node metastasis in stage T3 colorectal cancerShih Ching Chang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2323-30. 2009The SDF-1/CXCR4 axis plays an important role in cancer metastasis. SDF1alpha genetic polymorphisms, including SDF1alpha-G801A, have been associated with increased cancer risk and may be predictive of distant metastasis...
- The lymphocyte chemoattractant SDF-1 is a ligand for LESTR/fusin and blocks HIV-1 entryC C Bleul
The Center for Blood Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 382:829-33. 1996..Laboratory-adapted and some T-cell-line-tropic (T-tropic) primary viruses use the orphan chemokine receptor LESTR/fusin (also known as fusin), whereas macrophage-tropic primary HIV-1 isolates use CCR-5 and CCR-3 (refs 7-11), ..
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA and chromosomal localization of the gene for a putative seven-transmembrane segment (7-TMS) receptor isolated from human spleenB Federsppiel
Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Genomics 16:707-12. 1993..The gene, designated D2S201E was localized to human chromosome 2q21...
- Stroma-derived factor (SDF-1/CXCL12) and human tumor pathogenesisIlona Kryczek
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0669, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C987-95. 2007..Therefore, it stands to reason that the CXCL12/CXCR4 pathway is an important target for the development of novel anti-cancer therapies...
- Elevated levels of chemokine receptor CXCR4 in HER-2 negative breast cancer specimens predict recurrenceNeal T Holm
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
J Surg Res 141:53-9. 2007b>CXCR4 is a chemokine receptor that has recently been implicated to play a pivotal role in breast cancer growth and metastasis...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is essential for vascularization of the gastrointestinal tractK Tachibana
Department of Immunology, Research Institute, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Nature 393:591-4. 1998..The cell-surface receptor CXCR4 is a seven-transmembrane-spanning, G-protein-coupled receptor for the CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1 (for pre-B-cell ..
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is regulated by DNA methylation in pancreatic cancerNorihiro Sato
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:70-6. 2005Despite the biological and clinical importance of the interaction between the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand CXCL12 (SDF-1alpha) in human cancers, little is known about transcriptional regulation of the CXCR4 gene...
- Expression of Nef from unintegrated HIV-1 DNA downregulates cell surface CXCR4 and CCR5 on T-lymphocytesRichard D Sloan
McGill University AIDS Centre, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Retrovirology 7:44. 2010..to determine whether Nef expressed from unintegrated DNA was also able to downregulate the chemokine coreceptors CXCR4 and CCR5...
- Membrane raft microdomains mediate lateral assemblies required for HIV-1 infectionS Manes
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 1:190-6. 2000..These results indicate a general mechanism for HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein-mediated fusion by reorganization of membrane microdomains in the target cell, and offer new strategies for preventing HIV-1 infection...
- Expression of immune-related molecules in primary EBV-positive Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma: associated with latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) expressionJiang Li
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat Sen University, Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1997-2004. 2007..of chemokines IFN-g-induced protein 10 (IP-10, CXCL10), stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1, CXCL12) and its receptor CXCR4 was investigated in 56 primary NPC biopsy specimens from Chinese NPC patients in parallels with LMP1 antigen and ..
- Cyclophilin A is required for CXCR4-mediated nuclear export of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2, activation and nuclear translocation of ERK1/2, and chemotactic cell migrationHeng Pan
Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
J Biol Chem 283:623-37. 2008The chemokine receptor CXCR4-mediated signaling cascades play an important role in cell proliferation and migration, but the underlying mechanisms by which the receptor signaling is regulated remain incompletely understood...
- Maturation of the viral core enhances the fusion of HIV-1 particles with primary human T cells and monocyte-derived macrophagesJiyang Jiang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, A 5301 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2363, USA
Virology 346:460-8. 2006..We conclude that the ability to couple fusion to particle maturation is a common feature of HIV-1 Env proteins and may play an important role during HIV-1 replication in vivo...
- Conserved changes in envelope function during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coreceptor switchingCristina Pastore
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 81:8165-79. 2007..immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) envelope function during the process of coreceptor switching from CCR5 to CXCR4. Site-directed mutagenesis was used to introduce most of the possible intermediate mutations in the envelope for ..
- Evolution of CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 SF162 is associated with two unique envelope mutationsYana Kiselyeva
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Virol 81:3657-61. 2007CCR5-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) isolates typically gain CXCR4 use via multiple mutations in V3 and often V1/V2 regions of envelope, and patterns of mutations are distinct for each isolate...
- Raft localization of CXCR4 is primarily required for X4-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionHaruka Kamiyama
Department of AIDS Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Virology 386:23-31. 2009..The two most common chemokine receptors that allow HIV-1 entry are the CCR5 and CXCR4. The CD4 and CCR5 are mainly localized to the particular plasma membrane microdomains, termed raft, which is rich ..
- MIF is a noncognate ligand of CXC chemokine receptors in inflammatory and atherogenic cell recruitmentJurgen Bernhagen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry, University Hospital Aachen, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule RWTH Aachen University, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Nat Med 13:587-96. 2007..We identify the chemokine receptors CXCR2 and CXCR4 as functional receptors for MIF...
- CXC chemokine ligand 12 (stromal cell-derived factor 1 alpha) and CXCR4-dependent migration of CTLs toward melanoma cells in organotypic cultureTianqian Zhang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 174:5856-63. 2005..CTL migration was mediated by chemokine receptor CXCR4 expressed by the CTL and CXCL12 (stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha) secreted by tumor cells, as evidenced by ..
- CXCR4 and matrix metalloproteinase-1 are elevated in breast carcinoma-associated fibroblasts and in normal mammary fibroblasts exposed to factors secreted by breast cancer cellsSarah M Eck
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1033-44. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) and G protein-coupled receptor, CXCR4, are elevated in these activated fibroblasts, in which they facilitate angiogenesis and matrix degradation, ..
- Deletion of Yin Yang 1 protein in osteosarcoma cells on cell invasion and CXCR4/angiogenesis and metastasisFilomena de Nigris
Department of General Pathology, Division of Clinical Pathology, 1st School of Medicine, II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 68:1797-808. 2008..Moreover, we focused our work on the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its inhibition by T22 antibody, as well as on systemic (direct in vivo assay) and computer-assisted imaging of ..
- HIV-1 glycoprotein 120 induces the MMP-9 cytopathogenic factor production that is abolished by inhibition of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwayD Missé
Laboratoire d Immunologie Rétrovirale et Moléculaire, the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement and the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 240 Av E Jeanbrau, 34094 Montpellier, France
Blood 98:541-7. 2001It has been previously shown that the HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein 120 (gp120) activates cell signaling by CXCR4, independently of CD4...
- Apoptotic effects in primary human umbilical vein endothelial cell cultures caused by exposure to virion-associated and cell membrane-associated HIV-1 gp120M B Huang
Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry, and Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:213-21. 2001..effect was caused by gp120 protein acting through chemokine receptors on the HUVEC surface, primarily the CXCR4 receptor...
- Tumor cell-specific blockade of CXCR4/SDF-1 interactions in prostate cancer cells by hTERT promoter induced CXCR4 knockdown: A possible metastasis preventing and minimizing approachYifei Xing
Department of Urology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Cancer Biol Ther 7:1839-48. 2008Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 pathway has been shown to play an important role in prostate cancer (PCa) metastasis and siRNA expression using cell-specific promoters has been demonstrated to be a potential tool for targeted ..
- HIV tat and neurotoxicityJ E King
Department of Pathology, F727, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Microbes Infect 8:1347-57. 2006..This review discusses the most recent data addressing tat-induced neurotoxicity and integrates these new findings in the context of NeuroAIDS...
- Involvement of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis in the enhanced peritoneal metastasis of epithelial ovarian carcinomaHiroaki Kajiyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsurumai cho 65, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:91-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether the stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha)/CXCR4 axis is involved in the interaction of EOC cells with HPMCs in peritoneal metastasis...
- Genomic organization and promoter characterization of human CXCR4 geneA Caruz
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 426:271-8. 1998b>CXCR4 is the receptor for the CXC chemokine SDF1 that has essential functions on embryo organogenesis, immunological functions and T lymphocyte trafficking...
- In vivo evolution of HIV-1 co-receptor usage and sensitivity to chemokine-mediated suppressionG Scarlatti
Unit of Immunobiology of HIV, DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Nat Med 3:1259-65. 1997..The two most widely used co-receptors thus far recognized, CCR5 and CXCR4, are expressed by both activated T lymphocytes and mononuclear phagocytes...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 strongly promotes neuroblastoma primary tumour and metastatic growth, but not invasionRoland Meier
Department of Paediatrics, Paediatric Oncology Research, University Hospital Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 2:e1016. 2007..Recent evidence indicates that the CXCR4/CXCL12 chemokine/receptor axis may be involved in promoting NB invasion and metastasis...
- Hypoxia enhances CXCR4 expression in human microvascular endothelial cells and human melanoma cellsEvemie Schutyser
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Belgium
Eur Cytokine Netw 18:59-70. 2007..Our semi-quantitative RT-PCR analysis demonstrated that TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma repressed CXCR4 mRNA levels in immortalized human microvascular endothelial HMEC-1 cells after 4 h, whereas only TNF-alpha ..
- beta-arrestin differentially regulates the chemokine receptor CXCR4-mediated signaling and receptor internalization, and this implicates multiple interaction sites between beta-arrestin and CXCR4Z J Cheng
Shanghai Institute of Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 275:2479-85. 2000The chemokine receptor CXCR4 has recently been shown to be a co-receptor involved in the entry of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 into target cells...
- Allosteric transinhibition by specific antagonists in CCR2/CXCR4 heterodimersDenis Sohy
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moléculaire IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 282:30062-9. 2007..In the present study, we extend these observations to heterodimers formed by CCR2 and CXCR4, which are more distantly related...
- Mechanisms of regulation of CXCR4/SDF-1 (CXCL12)-dependent migration and homing in multiple myelomaYazan Alsayed
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Blood 109:2708-17. 2007..In this study, we sought to determine the effect of the chemokine SDF-1 (CXCL12) and its receptor CXCR4 on the migration and homing of MM cells...
- A functional heteromeric MIF receptor formed by CD74 and CXCR4Verena Schwartz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:2749-57. 2009MIF is a chemokine-like inflammatory mediator that triggers leukocyte recruitment by binding to CXCR2 and CXCR4. MIF also interacts with CD74/invariant chain, a single-pass membrane-receptor...
- Moesin is required for HIV-1-induced CD4-CXCR4 interaction, F-actin redistribution, membrane fusion and viral infection in lymphocytesMarta Barrero-Villar
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:103-13. 2009..regulates the initial attachment of viral particles to target cells through its association with CD4 and either CXCR4 or CCR5...
- Upregulation of CXCR4 is essential for HER2-mediated tumor metastasisYan M Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Cell 6:459-69. 2004..The chemokine receptor CXCR4 has recently been shown to mediate the movement of malignant cancer cells to specific organs...
- Overexpression of stromal cell-derived factor 1 and its receptor CXCR4 induces autocrine/paracrine cell proliferation in human pituitary adenomasFederica Barbieri
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 2, Genoa, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:5022-32. 2008..We evaluated the expression of the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF1) and its receptor CXCR4 in human pituitary adenomas and normal pituitary tissues and their role in cell proliferation.
- A small proportion of mesenchymal stem cells strongly expresses functionally active CXCR4 receptor capable of promoting migration to bone marrowRobert F Wynn
Stem Cell Research Group and Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Blood 104:2643-5. 2004..has been shown to be critical in promoting the migration of cells to the bone marrow, via its specific receptor CXCR4. The aim of our study was to investigate CXCR4 expression on MSCs and its role in mediating migration to bone ..
- CXCL12-CXCR4 interactions modulate prostate cancer cell migration, metalloproteinase expression and invasionShailesh Singh
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Lab Invest 84:1666-76. 2004..The current study evaluates the molecular mechanisms of CXCL12 and CXCR4 in prostate cancer cell migration and invasion...
- CXCR-4 knockdown by small interfering RNA inhibits cell proliferation and invasion of oral squamous cell carcinoma cellsJi Soo Hong
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Oral Pathol Med 38:214-9. 2009..Downregulation of CXCR-4 by siRNA inhibits invasion and growth of breast and colon cancer cells. However, there have been no reports on the downregulation of CXCR-4 by small interfering RNA (siRNA) in oral cancer cells...
- Selective CXCR4 antagonism by Tat: implications for in vivo expansion of coreceptor use by HIV-1H Xiao
Laboratories of Molecular Microbiology and Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892 0460, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:11466-71. 2000..CCR5 is the major macrophage-tropic coreceptor for HIV-1 whereas CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) serves the counterpart function for T cell-tropic viruses...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coreceptor switching: V1/V2 gain-of-fitness mutations compensate for V3 loss-of-fitness mutationsC Pastore
The Scripps Research Institute, Dept of Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 80:750-8. 2006..gp120) has five variable loops, of which three (V1/V2 and V3) influence the binding of either CCR5 or CXCR4, the two primary coreceptors for virus entry...
- Hypoxia enhances CXCR4 expression by activating HIF-1 in oral squamous cell carcinomaTohru Ishikawa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Oncol Rep 21:707-12. 2009..A recent study has shown that the activation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by lack of oxygen in breast cancer is HIF-1-dependent...
- NF-kappaB promotes breast cancer cell migration and metastasis by inducing the expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4Gregory Helbig
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21631-8. 2003..and angiogenesis, chemokines such as stromal derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha) and their receptors such as CXCR4 are thought to play a critical role in motility, homing, and proliferation of cancer cells at specific metastatic ..
- The influence of tumor-host interactions in the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 ligand/receptor axis in determining metastatic risk in breast cancerSaima Hassan
Department of Oncology, Lady Davis Institute, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Pathol 175:66-73. 2009The chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) may function to attract CXCR4-expressing cancer cells to metastatic organs...
- Role of the transcription factor E2F1 in CXCR4-mediated neurotoxicity and HIV neuropathologySaori Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University, College of Medicine, 245 North 15th Street, NCB 8804, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Neurobiol Dis 25:17-26. 2007This study sought to determine the role of the transcription factor E2F1 in CXCR4-mediated neurotoxicity and HIV neuropathology...
- HIV-1 with multiple CCR5/CXCR4 chimeric receptor use is predictive of immunological failure in infected childrenMariangela Cavarelli
Viral Evolution and Transmission Unit, DIBIT, Fondazione Centro San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e3292. 2008..The ability of R5 HIV-1 to infect target cells expressing chimeric receptors between CCR5 and CXCR4 (R5(broad) viruses), was shown to correlate with disease stage in HIV-1 infected adults...
- HIV coreceptors: role of structure, posttranslational modifications, and internalization in viral-cell fusion and as targets for entry inhibitorsMarina Zaitseva
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 8800 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1614:51-61. 2003..The primary coreceptors are CCR5 and CXCR4, but several other chemokine receptors were identified as "minor coreceptors", indicating their ability ..
- Proliferative activity of extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein in human epithelial cells: expression profile of pathogenetically relevant genesAlessia A Bettaccini
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
BMC Microbiol 5:20. 2005..The activity of two-exon (aa 1-101) and synthetic (aa 1-86) Tat was studied on mammary and amniotic epithelial cells cultured under low serum conditions...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1-mediated CXCR4 signaling in rat and human cortical neural progenitor cellsHui Peng
Laboratory of Neurotoxicology, The Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5215, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:35-50. 2004Stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) and the chemokine receptor CXCR4 are highly expressed in the nervous system...
- Expression of human immunodeficiency virus coreceptors CXC chemokine receptor 4 and CC chemokine receptor 5 on monocytes is down-regulated during human endotoxemiaNicole P Juffermans
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine, and AIDS, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 185:986-9. 2002..To test the hypothesis that an LPS effect on CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) and CC chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5), known coreceptors for HIV, contributes to this effect, 8 healthy men were ..
- Dependence of human stem cell engraftment and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice on CXCR4A Peled
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Science 283:845-8. 1999..The chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) and its receptor CXCR4 were found to be critical for murine bone marrow engraftment by human severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) ..
- The CXC chemokine SDF-1 is the ligand for LESTR/fusin and prevents infection by T-cell-line-adapted HIV-1E Oberlin
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Nature 382:833-5. 1996A putative chemokine receptor that we previously cloned and termed LESTR has recently been shown to function as a co-receptor (termed fusin) for lymphocyte-tropic HIV-1 strains...
- Use of the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 pathway in prostate cancer metastasis to boneRussell S Taichman
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, and Geriatrics, and the Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Cancer Res 62:1832-7. 2002..stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1 or CXCL12; expressed by osteoblasts and endothelial cells) and its receptor (CXCR4) as key elements in these processes...
- Microenvironmental regulation of chemokine (C-X-C-motif) receptor 4 in ovarian carcinomaMaria V Barbolina
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, PHARM 355, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:653-64. 2010..In this study, we show a novel pathway of CXCR4 upregulation through beta1 integrin - and NFkappaB-dependent signaling pathways in response to three-dimensional ..
- Early intermediates in HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein-mediated fusion triggered by CD4 and co-receptor complexesA S Dimitrov
Laboratory of Experimental and Computational Biology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30335-41. 2001..Further elucidation of these early intermediates may help identify and develop potential inhibitors of HIV-1 entry into cells...
- Extracellular HIV-1 Nef increases migration of monocytesMichael H Lehmann
Institute of Molecular Virology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 312:3659-68. 2006..These data suggest that extracellular Nef may contribute to disease progression as well as HIV-1 spreading through affecting migration of monocytes...
- Inhibitory role of CXCR4 glycan in CD4-independent X4-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection and its abrogation in CD4-dependent infectionYoshinao Kubo
Department of AIDS Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
J Gen Virol 88:3139-44. 2007b>CXCR4 functions as an infection receptor of X4 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) . CXCR4 is glycosylated at the N-terminal extracellular region, which is important for viral envelope (Env) protein binding...
- Alternative coreceptor requirements for efficient CCR5- and CXCR4-mediated HIV-1 entry into macrophagesKieran Cashin
Center for Virology, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Virol 85:10699-709. 2011..Env), but the virus-cell interactions that contribute to efficient HIV-1 entry into macrophages, particularly via CXCR4, are not well understood...
- Unique ligand binding sites on CXCR4 probed by a chemical biology approach: implications for the design of selective human immunodeficiency virus type 1 inhibitorsWon Tak Choi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Virol 79:15398-404. 2005The chemokine receptor CXCR4 plays an important role as the receptor for the normal physiological function of stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha (SDF-1alpha) and the coreceptor for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) ..
- CD4, CXCR-4, and CCR-5 dependencies for infections by primary patient and laboratory-adapted isolates of human immunodeficiency virus type 1S L Kozak
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 3098, USA
J Virol 71:873-82. 1997..We propose that cooperative binding of macrophage-tropic HIV-1 onto CCR-5 and CD4 may enhance virus adsorption and infectivity for cells that have only a trace of CD4...
- Entry of R5X4 and X4 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 strains is mediated by negatively charged and tyrosine residues in the amino-terminal domain and the second extracellular loop of CXCR4F Kajumo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Virology 271:240-7. 2000b>CXCR4 mediates the fusion and entry of X4 and R5X4 strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- HIV, Chemokine Receptors, and Vascular Smooth MuscleALISON SCHECTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..SMC), the major cellular components of the vessel wall, possess the functional chemokine receptors, CCR5, and CXCR4. Engagement of these receptors results in a marked induction of tissue factor (TF) activity...
- REGULATION OF HIV1 CORECEPTORS CXCR4Haribabu Bodduluri; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recently, chemokine receptors CCR5 or CXCR4 were identified as essential co-receptors for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus HIV-1 into CD4 positive ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Spinal Cord InjuryLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aims 2 and 3 will examine synergism between chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1), its receptor, CXCR4, and MMP-9 in the homing and transendothelial migration of BMDMs to the injured cord...
- Structural Basis for Chemokine FunctionBrian F Volkman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF1/ CXCL12) and its cognate receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7 are essential for life and play unique roles in human development, HIV infection, stem cell homing and ..
- CXCR4 Expression and Function in AstrocytesETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Astrocytes express receptors for numerous chemokines, including CXCR4. CXCR4 is the exclusive receptor for the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-I (SDF-l)...
- The Function and Regulation of Trefoil Factor Family 2 (TFF2)TIMOTHY CRAGIN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we have made the unexpected observation that TFF2 is a natural ligand for the CXCR4 receptor, a G-protein coupled receptor and the primary receptor for SDF-1...
- HIV-1 Infection and the Peripheral Nervous SystemRichard J Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..Under normal conditions CXCR4, the receptors for the chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12, are expressed by DRG neurons and glia...
- Role of Slit in CXCR4-Mediated Breast Cancer MetastasisRamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2009The chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand CXCL12 play a critical role in breast cancer metastasis...
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..may play a crucial role in directing to the BM the RMS cells that express the receptor for SDF-1, CXCR4. To investigate the mechanisms operating in the metastasis of RMS and develop a new therapeutic approach to ..
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS AND HIV MEDIATED SIGNALINGWaldemar Popik; Fiscal Year: 2001..CD4 receptors, the question arises whether the binding of HIV-1 virions to the newly described HIV-1 coreceptor, CXCR4 participates or contributes to this signaling...
- SDF-1A AND MIP-II INTERACTIONS WITH CHEMOKINE RECEPTORSElias Lolis; Fiscal Year: 2002..One chemokine, stromal cell-derived factor SDF-1a is the natural agonist for the receptor CXCR4. The CXCR4 receptor has also been identified as the co-receptor for T-tropic, syncytium inducing strains of HIV-1...
- HIV-1 gp120 Mediated Chemotaxis of Blood CellsRamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION: (provided by applicant) Chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CCR5 play critical roles in H1V infection...
- Natural IgM antilymphocyte autoantibodies inhibit HIV-1PETER LOBO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The latency period is determined by host factors that control viral infectivity. Chemokine receptors (CCR5 and CXCR4) serve as co-receptors for HIV-1 entry into cells...
- Chemokines and Macrophages in HIV Neuronal ApoptosisStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Microglia, astrocytes and neurons express co-receptors for HIV-1, namely the chemokine receptors CCR5 and CXCR4. Using chemokine receptor knock-out mice, the objectives of this application are to further elucidate the role of ..
- CCR5 and CXCR4 Binding Chemokines and Oral HIV InfectionGrace John Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2005..Chemokines, the natural ligands for the HIV-1 co-receptors CCR5 and CXCR4, are potential candidates...
- Neurotrophic factors and HIV-mediated neuronal injuryItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2007..that gp120 causes neuronal cell death by activating an apoptotic pathway through the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Interestingly, the neurotrophin brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) prevents gp120-mediated neurotoxicity in ..
- Neurotrophic factors and HIV-mediated neuronal injuryItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2007..that gp120 causes neuronal cell death by activating an apoptotic pathway through the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Interestingly, the neurotrophin brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) prevents gp120-mediated neurotoxicity in ..
- CCR5 & CXCR4 Antagonist & Agonist Binding Site StructureEDWARD DRATZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..is a complex process that requires binding of the HIV envelope protein gp120 to a cellular co-receptor (CCR5 or CXCR4)...
- CCR5 & CXCR4 Antagonist & Agonist Binding Site StructureEDWARD DRATZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..is a complex process that requires binding of the HIV envelope protein gp120 to a cellular co-receptor (CCR5 or CXCR4)...