Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CXCR4
Description: chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4
Alias: CD184, D2S201E, FB22, HM89, HSY3RR, LAP-3, LAP3, LCR1, LESTR, NPY3R, NPYR, NPYRL, NPYY3R, WHIM, WHIMS, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4, CD184 antigen, LPS-associated protein 3, SDF-1 receptor, fusin, leukocyte-derived seven transmembrane domain receptor, lipopolysaccharide-associated protein 3, neuropeptide Y receptor Y3, seven transmembrane helix receptor, seven-transmembrane-segment receptor, spleen, stromal cell-derived factor 1 receptor
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- HIV-1 entry cofactor: functional cDNA cloning of a seven-transmembrane, G protein-coupled receptorY Feng
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 272:872-7. 1996..This protein, designated "fusin," is a putative G protein-coupled receptor with seven transmembrane segments...
- CXCR4 and cancerBungo Furusato
Center for Prostate Disease Research, Department of Surgery, Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences, 1530 E Jefferson Street, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Pathol Int 60:497-505. 2010The chemokine receptor CXCR4 belongs to the large superfamily of G protein-coupled receptors and has been identified to play a crucial role in a number of biological processes, including the trafficking and homeostasis of immune cells ..
- Directed migration of neural stem cells to sites of CNS injury by the stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha/CXC chemokine receptor 4 pathwayJaime Imitola
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18117-22. 2004..NSCs express CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4), the cognate receptor for SDF-1alpha...
- A small-molecule antagonist of CXCR4 inhibits intracranial growth of primary brain tumorsJoshua B Rubin
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13513-8. 2003..Here we show that activation of the Gi protein-coupled receptor CXCR4 is critical for the growth of both malignant neuronal and glial tumors...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR7 is highly expressed in human glioma cells and mediates antiapoptotic effectsKirsten Hattermann
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Center, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Res 70:3299-308. 2010The chemokine CXCL12/stromal cell-derived factor-1 and its receptor CXCR4 play a major role in tumor invasion, proliferation, and metastasis. Recently, CXCR7 was identified as a novel, alternate receptor for CXCL12 and CXCL11/I-TAC...
- CXCR4-SDF-1 signaling is active in rhabdomyosarcoma cells and regulates locomotion, chemotaxis, and adhesionJolanta Libura
Stem Cell Biology Program at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Blood 100:2597-606. 2002We hypothesized that the CXC chemokine receptor-4 (CXCR4)-stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) axis may be involved in metastasis of CXCR4(+) tumor cells into the bone marrow and lymph nodes, which secrete the alpha-chemokine SDF-1...
- Function of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in haematopoiesis and in cerebellar developmentY R Zou
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Nature 393:595-9. 1998..The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is broadly expressed in cells of both the immune and the central nervous systems and can mediate migration of ..
- Detection of inferred CCR5- and CXCR4-using HIV-1 variants and evolutionary intermediates using ultra-deep pyrosequencingEvelien M Bunnik
Department of Experimental Immunology, Sanquin Research, Landsteiner Laboratory, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002106. 2011The emergence of CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) variants is associated with accelerated disease progression...
- Structural basis for coreceptor selectivity by the HIV type 1 V3 loopTimothy Cardozo
Department of Pharmacology and New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:415-26. 2007..The CXCR4 and CCR5 chemokine receptors are used by "X4-tropic" and "R5-tropic" viruses, respectively...
- Role of high expression levels of CXCR4 in tumor growth, vascularization, and metastasisMerav Darash-Yahana
Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, HBRC, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
FASEB J 18:1240-2. 2004..We found that high expression levels of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 correlated with the presence of metastatic disease in prostate cancer patients...
- LIM kinase 1 modulates cortical actin and CXCR4 cycling and is activated by HIV-1 to initiate viral infectionPaul J Vorster
Department of Molecular and Microbiology, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia 20110, USA
J Biol Chem 286:12554-64. 2011..of the Rack-PAK-LIMK pathway, and that knockdown of LIMK through siRNA decreases filamentous actin, increases CXCR4 trafficking, and diminishes viral DNA synthesis...
- The beta-chemokine receptors CCR3 and CCR5 facilitate infection by primary HIV-1 isolatesH Choe
Division of Human Retrovirology Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 85:1135-48. 1996..The ability of various members of the chemokine receptor family to support the early stages of HIV-1 infection helps to explain viral tropism and beta-chemokine inhibition of primary HIV-1 isolates...
- Coreceptor tropism in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype D: high prevalence of CXCR4 tropism and heterogeneous composition of viral populationsWei Huang
Monogram Biosciences, 345 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Virol 81:7885-93. 2007In human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) subtype B, CXCR4 coreceptor use ranges from approximately 20% in early infection to approximately 50% in advanced disease. Coreceptor use by non-subtype B HIV is less well characterized...
- Involvement of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis in the enhanced peritoneal metastasis of epithelial ovarian carcinomaHiroaki Kajiyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsurumai cho 65, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:91-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether the stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha)/CXCR4 axis is involved in the interaction of EOC cells with HPMCs in peritoneal metastasis...
- Opposing roles of CXCR4 and CXCR7 in breast cancer metastasisLorena Hernandez
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R128. 2011CXCL12-CXCR4 signaling has been shown to play a role in breast cancer progression by enhancing tumor growth, angiogenesis, triggering cancer cell invasion in vitro, and guiding cancer cells to their sites of metastasis...
- The CXC chemokine SDF-1 is the ligand for LESTR/fusin and prevents infection by T-cell-line-adapted HIV-1E Oberlin
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Nature 382:833-5. 1996A putative chemokine receptor that we previously cloned and termed LESTR has recently been shown to function as a co-receptor (termed fusin) for lymphocyte-tropic HIV-1 strains...
- Dendritic cells preferentially transfer CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 variants to CD4+ T lymphocytes in transThijs van Montfort
Laboratory of Experimental Virology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 82:7886-96. 2008..target cell entry in the acute phase of infection, while later in disease progression the virus switches to the CXCR4 coreceptor in approximately 50% of patients...
- Mechanisms of regulation of CXCR4/SDF-1 (CXCL12)-dependent migration and homing in multiple myelomaYazan Alsayed
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Blood 109:2708-17. 2007..In this study, we sought to determine the effect of the chemokine SDF-1 (CXCL12) and its receptor CXCR4 on the migration and homing of MM cells...
- Signal transduction due to HIV-1 envelope interactions with chemokine receptors CXCR4 or CCR5C B Davis
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, NYU Medical Center 10016, USA
J Exp Med 186:1793-8. 1997Infection with HIV-1 requires expression of CD4 and the chemokine receptors CXCR4 or CCR5 at the target cell surface...
- The V3 domain of the HIV-1 gp120 envelope glycoprotein is critical for chemokine-mediated blockade of infectionF Cocchi
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute and School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Nat Med 2:1244-7. 1996..Consistent with this discrepancy, two distinct chemokine receptors, namely, CXCR4 (ref. 7) and CCR5 (ref...
- CXCR7/CXCR4 heterodimer constitutively recruits beta-arrestin to enhance cell migrationFabien M Décaillot
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 286:32188-97. 2011..In this study, we have attempted to identify the functional significance of the heteromeric complex between CXCR4 and CXCR7 chemokine receptors...
- The CXCR4/CXCR7/SDF-1 pathway contributes to the pathogenesis of Shiga toxin-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome in humans and miceTania N Petruzziello-Pellegrini
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 122:759-76. 2012..Gene expression profiling of human microvascular endothelium treated with Stx implicated a role for activation of CXCR4 and CXCR7 by their shared cognate chemokine ligand (stromal cell-derived factor-1 [SDF-1]) in Stx-mediated ..
- Stromal-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling: indispensable role in homing and engraftment of hematopoietic stem cells in bone marrowMenka Sharma
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research Group, Division of Radiation Biosciences, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, Defense Research and Development Organization, New Delhi, India
Stem Cells Dev 20:933-46. 2011..Recent studies have highlighted the pivotal role of unique stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 signaling in the regulation of HSPC homing and subsequent engraftment...
- Structural basis of the interaction between chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12 and its G-protein-coupled receptor CXCR4Yutaka Kofuku
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:35240-50. 2009The chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1/CXCL12) and its G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) CXCR4 play fundamental roles in many physiological processes, and CXCR4 is a drug target for various diseases such as cancer metastasis ..
- CXCR4 nuclear localization follows binding of its ligand SDF-1 and occurs in metastatic but not primary renal cell carcinomaLinhui Wang
The Department of Urology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Oncol Rep 22:1333-9. 2009Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) shows organ-specific metastasis. This may be attributed to the fact that the CXCR4 G protein coupled receptor on RCC cells mediates chemo-attraction toward stromal-derived factor (SDF)-1 secreted by target ..
- HIV-1 utilizes the CXCR4 chemokine receptor to infect multipotent hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsChristoph C Carter
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Host Microbe 9:223-34. 2011..Furthermore, we establish that the capacity to use the chemokine receptor CXCR4 for entry determines whether a virus will enter multipotent versus differentiated progenitor cells...
- HIV-1 inhibits autophagy in bystander macrophage/monocytic cells through Src-Akt and STAT3Jennifer Van Grol
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11733. 2010..Neutralization of the upstream receptors VEGFR, beta-integrin or CXCR4, as well as of HIV-1 Tat or IL-10 restored autophagy in macrophage/monocytic cells exposed to HIV-1-infected cells...
- Moesin is required for HIV-1-induced CD4-CXCR4 interaction, F-actin redistribution, membrane fusion and viral infection in lymphocytesMarta Barrero-Villar
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 122:103-13. 2009..regulates the initial attachment of viral particles to target cells through its association with CD4 and either CXCR4 or CCR5...
- Increased survival, proliferation, and migration in metastatic human pancreatic tumor cells expressing functional CXCR4Federica Marchesi
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 64:8420-7. 2004..cells from surgical samples of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma for expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Six of 11 cell lines expressed detectable mRNA of CXCR4, with three cell lines (AsPC1, Capan1, and Hs766T) having ..
- The lymphocyte chemoattractant SDF-1 is a ligand for LESTR/fusin and blocks HIV-1 entryC C Bleul
The Center for Blood Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 382:829-33. 1996..Laboratory-adapted and some T-cell-line-tropic (T-tropic) primary viruses use the orphan chemokine receptor LESTR/fusin (also known as fusin), whereas macrophage-tropic primary HIV-1 isolates use CCR-5 and CCR-3 (refs 7-11), ..
- A crosstalk between intracellular CXCR7 and CXCR4 involved in rapid CXCL12-triggered integrin activation but not in chemokine-triggered motility of human T lymphocytes and CD34+ cellsTanja Nicole Hartmann
The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Leukoc Biol 84:1130-40. 2008..The binding of CXCL12 to its receptor CXCR4 triggers Gi protein signals for motility and integrin activation in many cell types...
- Cryptic nature of a conserved, CD4-inducible V3 loop neutralization epitope in the native envelope glycoprotein oligomer of CCR5-restricted, but not CXCR4-using, primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 strainsPaolo Lusso
Unit of Human Virology, Department of Biological and Technological Research DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Virol 79:6957-68. 2005..sequential interactions with two cellular receptor molecules, CD4 and a chemokine receptor, most commonly CCR5 or CXCR4. However, antibody accessibility to such regions is hindered by diverse protective mechanisms, including shielding ..
- Molecular and clinical epidemiology of CXCR4-using HIV-1 in a large population of antiretroviral-naive individualsZabrina L Brumme
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St Paul s Hospital, and Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Infect Dis 192:466-74. 2005We wished to characterize the epidemiological and clinical correlates of CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) ("X4 variants") in a cross-sectional analysis of a large population of antiretroviral-naive individuals.
- CXCR4 mediates the proliferation of glioblastoma progenitor cellsMoneeb Ehtesham
Department of Neurological Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 21st Avenue and Garland Street, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Lett 274:305-12. 2009..To this end, we now report that the cell surface chemokine receptor, CXCR4, a known mediator of cancer cell proliferation and invasion, is overexpressed in primary glioblastoma progenitor ..
- Impaired recruitment of Grk6 and beta-Arrestin 2 causes delayed internalization and desensitization of a WHIM syndrome-associated CXCR4 mutant receptorPeter J McCormick
The Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8102. 2009..syndrome is a rare immunodeficiency syndrome linked to heterozygous mutations of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 resulting in truncations of its cytoplasmic tail...
- Use of the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 pathway in prostate cancer metastasis to boneRussell S Taichman
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, and Geriatrics, and the Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Cancer Res 62:1832-7. 2002..stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1 or CXCL12; expressed by osteoblasts and endothelial cells) and its receptor (CXCR4) as key elements in these processes...
- Membrane raft microdomains mediate lateral assemblies required for HIV-1 infectionS Manes
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 1:190-6. 2000..These results indicate a general mechanism for HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein-mediated fusion by reorganization of membrane microdomains in the target cell, and offer new strategies for preventing HIV-1 infection...
- Morphological and molecular characterization of novel population of CXCR4+ SSEA-4+ Oct-4+ very small embryonic-like cells purified from human cord blood: preliminary reportM Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Leukemia 21:297-303. 2007Recently, we purified from adult murine bone marrow (BM) a population of CXCR4(+), Oct-4(+) SSEA-1(+), Sca-1(+) lin(-) CD45(-) very small embryonic-like (VSEL) stem cells and hypothesized that similar cells could be also present in human ..
- The miR 302-367 cluster drastically affects self-renewal and infiltration properties of glioma-initiating cells through CXCR4 repression and consequent disruption of the SHH-GLI-NANOG networkM Fareh
INSERM U898 UNSA, Cellules Souches, Développement et Cancer, Faculte de Medecine, Av Valombrose, Nice, France
Cell Death Differ 19:232-44. 2012..the stemness signature, self-renewal, and cell infiltration within a host brain tissue, through inhibition of the CXCR4 pathway...
- G protein-coupled receptor kinase 5 phosphorylation of hip regulates internalization of the chemokine receptor CXCR4Breann L Barker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, United States
Biochemistry 50:6933-41. 2011..the phosphorylation of Ser-346 was required for proper agonist-induced internalization of the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Taken together, Hip has been identified as a novel substrate of GRK5 in vitro and in cells, and phosphorylation ..
- Characterization of CXCR4 expression in chondrosarcoma of boneShuting Bai
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:753-8. 2011Alterations in molecular elements derived from the CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4)/stromal-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) cytokine system have been found to strongly correlate with neoplastic progression leading to metastasis in a number of ..
- Nuclear expression of CXCR4 is associated with advanced colorectal cancerShang Chiung Wang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1185-91. 2010b>CXCR4 and its ligand, SDF-1alpha, play an important role in the targeted metastasis of colon cancer...
- IL-17 and tumour necrosis factor α combination induces a HIF-1α-dependent invasive phenotype in synoviocytesArnaud Hot
Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology and Immunogenomics and Inflammation Research Unit, Hopital Edouard Herriot, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1393-401. 2012..To examine the effect of interleukin-17 (IL-17) on rheumatoid arthritis (RA) synoviocyte migration and invasiveness...
- Leukocyte elastase negatively regulates Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 binding and functions by amino-terminal processing of SDF-1 and CXCR4Agustin Valenzuela-Fernandez
Unite d Immunologie Virale, INSERM U485 de l Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 277:15677-89. 2002Activation of CXCR4 by the CXC chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) requires interaction of the amino-terminal domains of both molecules...
- Molecular switch for alternative conformations of the HIV-1 V3 region: implications for phenotype conversionOsnat Rosen
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13950-5. 2006HIV-1 coreceptor usage plays a critical role in virus tropism and pathogenesis. A switch from CCR5- to CXCR4-using viruses occurs during the course of HIV-1 infection and correlates with subsequent disease progression...
- Mu-opioid modulation of HIV-1 coreceptor expression and HIV-1 replicationAmber D Steele
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Substance Abuse Research, and the Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Virology 309:99-107. 2003..In the present report, we have investigated the effect of opioids on the expression of the major HIV-1 coreceptors CXCR4 and CCR5. For these studies we have focused on opiates which are ligands for the mu-opioid receptor...
- IGF-1-overexpressing mesenchymal stem cells accelerate bone marrow stem cell mobilization via paracrine activation of SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 signaling to promote myocardial repairHusnain Kh Haider
Department of Pathology and Laboratory of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Circ Res 103:1300-8. 2008..05). In conclusion, the strategy of IGF-1 transgene expression induced massive stem cell mobilization via SDF-1alpha signaling and culminated in extensive angiomyogenesis in the infarcted heart...
- Regulation of endothelial cell branching morphogenesis by endogenous chemokine stromal-derived factor-1Ombretta Salvucci
Experimental Transplantation and Immunology Branch and the Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 99:2703-11. 2002The chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) and its unique receptor, CXCR4, are required for normal cardiovascular development, but a critical role for SDF-1 in postnatal vascular remodeling and the mechanisms underlying SDF-1/CXCR-4 ..
- Concomitant CXCR4 and CXCR7 expression predicts poor prognosis in renal cancerC D'Alterio
Department of Oncological Immunology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, G Pascale, via Semmola, 80131 Naples, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 10:772-81. 2010b>CXCR4 is a chemokine receptor implicated in the metastatic process...
- The CXCR4 antagonist AMD3100 efficiently inhibits cell-surface-expressed human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope-induced apoptosisJ Blanco
Institut de Recerca de la SIDA Caixa, Laboratori de Retrovirologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, 08916 Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:51-6. 2000..is involved in both infected and uninfected cell death via its interaction with cellular receptors CD4 and CXCR4. We studied the effect of the blockade of CXCR4 receptors by the agonist stromal derived factor (SDF-1alpha) and ..
- B lymphocytes that migrate to tuberculous pleural fluid via the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis actively respond to antigens specific for Mycobacterium tuberculosisLian Feng
Institute of Immunology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Key Laboratory of Tropical Disease Control Research of Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Eur J Immunol 41:3261-9. 2011..Furthermore, we found significantly higher expression of CXCR4 on B cells in the PF, and a chemotaxis assay showed that B cells in the PF were more responsive to stromal cell-..
- CXCR4, a potential predictive marker for docetaxel sensitivity in gastric cancerLi Xie
The Comprehensive Cancer Center, of Drum Tower Hospital, affiliated to the Medical School of Nanjing University and Clinical Cancer Institute of Nanjing University, Nanjing, PR China
Anticancer Res 30:2209-16. 2010..The aim of this study was to explore predictive genes involved in docetaxel sensitivity of gastric cancer...
- Mesenchymal stromal cells may enhance metastasis of neuroblastoma via SDF-1/CXCR4 and SDF-1/CXCR7 signalingMing Ma
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
Cancer Lett 312:1-10. 2011..Neuroblastoma expressed both of the SDF-1 receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7...
- Extreme genetic divergence is required for coreceptor switching in HIV-1 subtype CMia Coetzer
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:9-15. 2011Coreceptor switching from CCR5 to CXCR4 is less common in subtype C HIV-1 infection than in subtype B for reasons that are unclear...
- Dysregulated expression of CXCR4/CXCL12 in subsets of patients with systemic lupus erythematosusAndrew Wang
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8884, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:3436-46. 2010b>CXCR4 is a chemokine with multiple effects on the immune system. In murine lupus models, we demonstrated that monocytes, neutrophils, and B cells overexpressed CXCR4 and that its ligand, CXCL12, was up-regulated in diseased kidneys...
- Involvement of autocrine CXCL12/CXCR4 system in the regulation of ovarian carcinoma cell invasionNami Miyanishi
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 403:154-9. 2010..DHMEQ inhibited invasion in vitro and the expression of CXCL12 and CXCR4. We found that neutralizing antibody against CXCR4 or knockdown of CXCR4 suppressed the invasion...
- CXCR4 expression functionally discriminates centroblasts versus centrocytes within human germinal center B cellsGersende Caron
Unité 917, Faculte de Medecine, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Universite Rennes 1, Rennes, France
J Immunol 182:7595-602. 2009..able for the first time to separate these two subpopulations based on the expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 allowing their characterization...
- The deubiquitinating enzyme USP8 promotes trafficking and degradation of the chemokine receptor 4 at the sorting endosomeIlana Berlin
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37895-908. 2010..study explores an indirect role for USP8 in cargo trafficking through its regulation of the chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4)...
- HIV-1 gp120- and gp160-induced apoptosis in cultured endothelial cells is mediated by caspasesC K Ullrich
Divisions of Experimental Medicine and Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 96:1438-42. 2000..Recently, the alpha-chemokine receptor CXCR4 has been reported to mediate apoptosis in neuronal cells and in CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells after its binding to HIV-..
- Regulation of expression of stromal-derived factor-1 receptors: CXCR4 and CXCR7 in human rhabdomyosarcomasMaciej Tarnowski
Stem Cell Institute at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 500 South Floyd Street, Room 107, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:1-14. 2010Rhabdomyosarcomas (RMS) express CXCR4 and CXCR7 receptors that bind prometastatic alpha-chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)...
- Dependence of human stem cell engraftment and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice on CXCR4A Peled
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Science 283:845-8. 1999..The chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) and its receptor CXCR4 were found to be critical for murine bone marrow engraftment by human severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) ..
- The expression of CXCR4/CXCL12 in first-trimester human trophoblast cellsXia Wu
Laboratory of Reproductive Immunology, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Biol Reprod 70:1877-85. 2004..Among these receptors, CXCR4 was found highly transcribed...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 expression and prognosis in patients with metastatic prostate cancerTakuya Akashi
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences for Research, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:539-42. 2008The chemokine receptor CXCR4 has been reported to be aberrantly expressed in human cancers and has also been shown to participate in the development of cancer metastasis...
- Site-specific phosphorylation of CXCR4 is dynamically regulated by multiple kinases and results in differential modulation of CXCR4 signalingJohn M Busillo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 285:7805-17. 2010The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is a widely expressed G protein-coupled receptor that has been implicated in a number of diseases including human immunodeficiency virus, cancer, and WHIM syndrome, with the latter two involving dysregulation ..
- Leukocyte analysis from WHIM syndrome patients reveals a pivotal role for GRK3 in CXCR4 signalingKarl Balabanian
INSERM U819, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 118:1074-84. 2008..infections, and myelokathexis (WHIM) syndrome, a rare immunodeficiency, and bearing a wild-type CXCR4 ORF (WHIM(WT)) display impaired CXCR4 internalization and desensitization upon exposure to CXCL12...
- Methamphetamine enhances HIV-1 infectivity in monocyte derived dendritic cellsMadhavan P N Nair
Department of Immunology, College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33155, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 4:129-39. 2009..Meth induces increased HIV-1 infection in association with an increase in the HIV-1 coreceptors, CXCR4 and CCR5, and infection is mediated by downregulation of extracellular-regulated kinase (ERK2) and the ..
- Regulation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by hypoxiaTiziana Schioppa
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 198:1391-402. 2003..Low oxygen concentration induces high expression of the CXCL12 receptor, CXC receptor 4 (CXCR4), in different cell types (monocytes, monocyte-derived macrophages, tumor-associated macrophages, endothelial ..
- Incorporation of CXCR4 into membrane lipid rafts primes homing-related responses of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells to an SDF-1 gradientMarcin Wysoczynski
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Blood 105:40-8. 2005..was dependent on cholesterol content in the cell membrane and on the incorporation of the SDF-1 binding receptor CXCR4 and the small GTPase Rac-1 into membrane lipid rafts...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 downregulated by von Hippel-Lindau tumour suppressor pVHLPeter Staller
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nature 425:307-11. 2003..For example, malignant breast cancer cells express the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and commonly metastasize to organs that are an abundant source of the CXCR4-specific ligand stromal cell-derived ..
- Binding of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to CD4 and CXCR4 receptors differentially regulates expression of inflammatory genes and activates the MEK/ERK signaling pathwayW Popik
Oncology Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Virol 72:6406-13. 1998..The activation of this signaling pathway requires functional CD4 receptors and is independent of binding to CXCR4. Binding of the natural ligand stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) to CXCR4, which inhibits entry of T-cell-..
- Relation between CXCR-4 expression, Flt3 mutations, and unfavorable prognosis of adult acute myeloid leukemiaElwin J C Rombouts
Department of Hematology, Room Ee1391, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 104:550-7. 2004..These data suggest that the SDF-1/CXCR-4 axis may influence therapy responsiveness and defines unfavorable prognosis in AML...
- Possible role of stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling on lymph node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaDaisuke Uchida
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 290:289-302. 2003..Of 13 kinds of chemokine receptors examined, only CXCR4 expression was up-regulated in HNt and B88 cells...
- Nuclear expression of CXCR4 in tumor cells of non-small cell lung cancer is correlated with lymph node metastasisIl Kang Na
Department of Medicine III, Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Hum Pathol 39:1751-5. 2008The stromal-derived factor 1alpha (CXCL12)/chemokine receptor CXCR4 system plays an important role in the metastatic process of a variety of cancers, with CXCR4 frequently expressed by tumor cells homing to CXCL12-rich compartments...
- Bioluminescence resonance energy transfer reveals ligand-induced conformational changes in CXCR4 homo- and heterodimersYann Percherancier
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal H3C 3J7, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:9895-903. 2005..Using a sensitive bioluminescence resonance energy transfer system, we investigated the formation of CXCR4 and CCR2 chemokine receptor dimers...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1-mediated CXCR4 signaling in rat and human cortical neural progenitor cellsHui Peng
Laboratory of Neurotoxicology, The Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5215, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:35-50. 2004Stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) and the chemokine receptor CXCR4 are highly expressed in the nervous system...
- Short-term exposure of multipotent stromal cells to low oxygen increases their expression of CX3CR1 and CXCR4 and their engraftment in vivoShih Chieh Hung
Center for Gene Therapy, Tulane University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e416. 2007..Short-term exposure of MSCs to 1% oxygen increased expression of the chemokine receptors CX3CR1and CXCR4, both as mRNA and as protein...
- CD4-independent association between HIV-1 gp120 and CXCR4: functional chemokine receptors are expressed in human neuronsJ Hesselgesser
Department of Immunology, Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, California 94804, USA
Curr Biol 7:112-21. 1997..We have shown previously that chemokine receptors including the interleukin-8 receptor B (CXCR2) and the Duffy blood group antigen are expressed on subsets of neurons in various regions of the adult nervous system...
- Chemokine CXCL12 uses CXCR4 and a signaling core formed by bifunctional Akt, extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)1/2, and mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) proteins to control chemotaxis and survival simultaneously in mature dendritiCristina Delgado-Martín
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:37222-36. 2011..As maDCs are exposed to chemokine CXCL12 (receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7) during their migration, its functions are amenable to be regulated by this ligand...
- Autophagy is involved in T cell death after binding of HIV-1 envelope proteins to CXCR4Lucile Espert
Laboratoire Infections Retrovirales et Signalisation Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 5121, Institut de Biologie, Montpellier, France
J Clin Invest 116:2161-72. 2006..cells that express Env induced autophagy and accumulation of Beclin 1 in uninfected CD4+ T lymphocytes via CXCR4. The same phenomena occurred in a T cell line and in transfected HEK...
- Unique ligand binding sites on CXCR4 probed by a chemical biology approach: implications for the design of selective human immunodeficiency virus type 1 inhibitorsWon Tak Choi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Virol 79:15398-404. 2005The chemokine receptor CXCR4 plays an important role as the receptor for the normal physiological function of stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha (SDF-1alpha) and the coreceptor for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) ..
- Accurate and efficient gp120 V3 loop structure based models for the determination of HIV-1 co-receptor usageMajid Masso
Laboratory for Structural Bioinformatics, Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, George Mason University, 10900 University Blvd, MS 5B3, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:494. 2010..both the CD4 receptor, which binds the viral envelope glycoprotein gp120, as well as either the CCR5 (R5) or CXCR4 (X4) co-receptors, which interact primarily with the third hypervariable loop (V3 loop) of gp120...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 but not its receptor, CXCR4, gene variants increase susceptibility and pathological development of hepatocellular carcinomaChi Chung Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:412-8. 2009..Because the stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) and its receptor, CXCR4, have been reported to play important roles in tumor cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and metastasis of HCC, the ..
- Env sequence determinants in CXCR4-using human immunodeficiency virus type-1 subtype CNina H Lin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Virology 433:296-307. 2012HIV-1 subtype C (HIV-1C) CXCR4-using virus is isolated infrequently and is poorly characterized. Understanding HIV-1C env characteristics has implications for the clinical use of antiretrovirals that target viral entry...
- Evolution of CCR5 use before and during coreceptor switchingMia Coetzer
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 82:11758-66. 2008..individuals or more, env evolution leads to expansion of the use of entry coreceptor from CCR5 alone to CCR5 and CXCR4. The stochastic nature of this coreceptor switch is not well explained by host selective forces that should be ..
- CXCR4 promotes oral squamous cell carcinoma migration and invasion through inducing expression of MMP-9 and MMP-13 via the ERK signaling pathwayTao Yu
Department of Head and Neck Oncology Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, No 14, Sec 3, Renminnan Road, Chengdu Sichuan 610041, People s Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 9:161-72. 2011..Although the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand, stromal cell-derived factor-1α, have been found to play an important role in tumor invasion, its ..
- CXCR4 expression is associated with lymph-node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaTohru Ishikawa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Int J Oncol 28:61-6. 2006..CXCR3 mRNA and protein were expressed in all the OSCC cell lines examined, while CXCR4 mRNA and protein were expressed only in HSC2, HSC3, and Ca9-22 cells...
- The importance of the CXCL12-CXCR4 chemokine ligand-receptor interaction in prostate cancer metastasisManit Arya
Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Urology, University College London, UK
J Exp Ther Oncol 4:291-303. 2004..Our aim was to study the role of the CXCL12:CXCR4 chemokine ligand:receptor complex in determining the organ-specific metastasis of prostate cancer.
- Coreceptor tropism can be influenced by amino acid substitutions in the gp41 transmembrane subunit of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope proteinWei Huang
Monogram Biosciences, 345 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Virol 82:5584-93. 2008..The introduction of distinct V3 sequences from CXCR4-using clones into an R5-tropic env backbone conferred the inefficient use of CXCR4 in some but not all cases...
- Surface expression of neutrophil CXCR4 is down-modulated by bacterial endotoxinHyun Kyung Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Hematol 85:390-6. 2007The chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its unique ligand, stromal-derived factor 1 (SDF-1), play critical roles in the retention of hematopoietic cells within bone marrow and in their mobilization into the circulation...
- CXCL12/CXCR4 transactivates HER2 in lipid rafts of prostate cancer cells and promotes growth of metastatic deposits in boneSreenivasa R Chinni
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:446-57. 2008..Previously, we showed that binding of the chemokine CXCL12 to its receptor CXCR4 mediated signaling events resulting in matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in prostate cancer bone metastasis...
- Dynamic regulation of ROCK in tumor cells controls CXCR4-driven adhesion eventsAmanda P Struckhoff
Department of Oral Biology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Cell Sci 123:401-12. 2010b>CXCR4 is a chemokine receptor often found aberrantly expressed on metastatic tumor cells. To investigate CXCR4 signaling in tumor cell adhesion, we stably overexpressed CXCR4 in MCF7 breast tumor cells...
- Stroma-derived factor (SDF-1/CXCL12) and human tumor pathogenesisIlona Kryczek
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0669, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C987-95. 2007..Therefore, it stands to reason that the CXCL12/CXCR4 pathway is an important target for the development of novel anti-cancer therapies...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase atrophin interacting protein 4 binds directly to the chemokine receptor CXCR4 via a novel WW domain-mediated interactionDeepali Bhandari
Program in Molecular Biology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1324-39. 2009..ligase atrophin interacting protein 4 (AIP4) mediates ubiquitination and down-regulation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4. AIP4 belongs to the Nedd4-like homologous to E6-AP carboxy terminus domain family of E3 ubiquitin ligases, which ..
- Elevated levels of chemokine receptor CXCR4 in HER-2 negative breast cancer specimens predict recurrenceNeal T Holm
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
J Surg Res 141:53-9. 2007b>CXCR4 is a chemokine receptor that has recently been implicated to play a pivotal role in breast cancer growth and metastasis...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is regulated by DNA methylation in pancreatic cancerNorihiro Sato
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:70-6. 2005Despite the biological and clinical importance of the interaction between the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand CXCL12 (SDF-1alpha) in human cancers, little is known about transcriptional regulation of the CXCR4 gene...
- SDF-1alpha G801A polymorphism predicts lymph node metastasis in stage T3 colorectal cancerShih Ching Chang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2323-30. 2009The SDF-1/CXCR4 axis plays an important role in cancer metastasis. SDF1alpha genetic polymorphisms, including SDF1alpha-G801A, have been associated with increased cancer risk and may be predictive of distant metastasis...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4 enhances proliferation in pancreatic cancer cells through AKT and ERK dependent pathwaysXiaoming Shen
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Pancreas 39:81-7. 2010We previously detected CXCR4 expression in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN) tissues and demonstrated CXCR4-enhanced proliferation of PanIN cells...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is essential for vascularization of the gastrointestinal tractK Tachibana
Department of Immunology, Research Institute, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Nature 393:591-4. 1998..The cell-surface receptor CXCR4 is a seven-transmembrane-spanning, G-protein-coupled receptor for the CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1 (for pre-B-cell ..
- Expression of Nef from unintegrated HIV-1 DNA downregulates cell surface CXCR4 and CCR5 on T-lymphocytesRichard D Sloan
McGill University AIDS Centre, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Retrovirology 7:44. 2010..to determine whether Nef expressed from unintegrated DNA was also able to downregulate the chemokine coreceptors CXCR4 and CCR5...
- SDF1 gene variation is associated with circulating SDF1alpha level and endothelial progenitor cell number: the Bruneck StudyQingzhong Xiao
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London BHF Centre, London, UK
PLoS ONE 3:e4061. 2008Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF1) and its receptor CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) play a critical role in progenitor cell homing, mobilization and differentiation...
- Clinical significance of CXC chemokine receptor-4 and c-Met in childhood rhabdomyosarcomaFrancesca Diomedi-Camassei
Division of Pathology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:4119-27. 2008The CXC chemokine receptor-4 (CXCR4)/stromal-derived factor-1 and c-Met/hepatocyte growth factor axes promote the metastatic potential of rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines in experimental models, but no data are available on their role in ..
- HIV, Chemokine Receptors, and Vascular Smooth MuscleALISON SCHECTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..SMC), the major cellular components of the vessel wall, possess the functional chemokine receptors, CCR5, and CXCR4. Engagement of these receptors results in a marked induction of tissue factor (TF) activity...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of gp120 neurotoxicityItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary evidence has shown that the chemokine receptor CXCR4 promotes endocytosis of T-tropic gp120 into neurons...
- Structural Basis for Chemokine FunctionBrian F Volkman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF1/ CXCL12) and its cognate receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7 are essential for life and play unique roles in human development, HIV infection, stem cell homing and ..
- Inhibiting Mucosal HIV-1 Transmission by Host Cell RNA InterferenceAlexandra L Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, APC also express CD4, CCR5, and CXCR4 receptors and can become productively infected with HIV-1...
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Spinal Cord InjuryLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aims 2 and 3 will examine synergism between chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1), its receptor, CXCR4, and MMP-9 in the homing and transendothelial migration of BMDMs to the injured cord...
- Oncolytic Viruses with Therapeutic Genes in the Treatment of Breast CancerDANUTA B KOZBOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..our preliminary results demonstrated that oncolytic vaccinia virus (OVV) expressing an antagonist of the CXCR4 receptor for CXCL12 chemokine (OVV- CXCR4-A-Fc) was more effective in inhibiting growth of triple-negative (TN) ..
- Biliary Epithelial Cell-derived SDF-1a in Hepatic Fibrogenesis and InflammationYedidya Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2013..metastasis, angiogenesis and migration of lymphocytes to sites of injury through interactions with its receptor, CXCR4. Hepatic stellate cell (HSC) activation is central feature of fibrosis in all forms of chronic liver injury and we ..
- Peptide-based nanoparticle inhibition of CCR3-mediated inflammatory cell recruitmVadim V Gaponenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..We used this approach to develop peptide-based nanoparticles that antagonize CXCR4, a chemokine receptor similar to CCR3...
- Stem cells in liver regeneration: fusion or plasticityBryon E Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2013..aim 2: We hypothesize that activation of the MEK and PI3K signal transduction pathways following SDF-1 binding to CXCR4 receptor on the cell membrane enhances both proliferation and migration of liver oval cells...
- Imaging and targeting metastatic diseaseSridhar Nimmagadda; Fiscal Year: 2013..or CXCL12) is secreted by stroma in potential metastatic sites and attracts circulating chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) expressing cells...
- Chemokine Antagonist, Opioid Medication and HIV gp120Khalid Benamar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Particularly, we have demonstrated that the activation of CXCR4 in the PAG diminishes the analgesic efficacy of morphine (Adler et al., 2006)...
- Pathogenesis and Therapy of HIV-Related Neuropathic PainShuanglin Hao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies in vitro have shown that the coat glycoprotein gp120 of HIV, acting through the CXCR4 receptor can: 1) stimulate Schwann cells to release RANTES and then induce release of tumor necrosis factor alpha (..
- BICARBONATE TRANSPORT BY THE MATURING RENAL TUBULEGeorge J Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3 will determine the role of the SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway as an early response in the adaptation to acidosis...
- CXCR4-Vagal Tone and Gastric motilityRichard C Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2013..suggest a central hypothesis: that SDF1 generated within the CNS causes gastrointestinal dysfunction via action on CXCR4 receptors on neuronal elements of the gastric vago-vagal reflex control circuitry in the dorsal medulla...
- REGULATION OF HIV1 CORECEPTORS CXCR4Haribabu Bodduluri; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recently, chemokine receptors CCR5 or CXCR4 were identified as essential co-receptors for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus HIV-1 into CD4 positive ..
- Quantifying Changes in Neural Stem Cell Lineages in the Aging NicheSally Temple; Fiscal Year: 2013..age-related declines in NSC activity by exploring the role that the chemokine SDF1 and the corresponding CXCR4 receptor play in the aging process...
- Targeting the CXCL12/CXCR4 Axis towards the Therapy of Metastatic CancersRongshi Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..project is to discover novel chemical probes that are capable of potently and selectively disrupting the CXCL12/CXCR4 protein-protein binding...
- Cajal-Retzius Cells and Neuronal Signaling in Postnatal Cortical NetworksGianmaria Maccaferri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both cell types are a rich source of the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1), whose CXCR4 receptors are abundantly expressed by hippocampal Cajal-Retzius cells...
- Stabilization of CXCR4 and its complexes for high resolution structural studiesQINGHAI contact ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): Experimentally determining the 3-D structure of the G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), CXCR4 and its complexes, the overall goal of the proposed study, is critical in developing a deeper understanding of its ..
- Bone marrow derived neural stem cell therapy for gliomaJohn S Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to: AIM 1: Test the hypothesis that BM-NSC migration to the tumor vascular niche is dependent on CXCR4 expression, CXCR4 interaction with SDF-1, CXCR4 receptor signaling, and downstream induction of the PI3K/Akt ..
- CXCR4 Expression and Function in AstrocytesETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Astrocytes express receptors for numerous chemokines, including CXCR4. CXCR4 is the exclusive receptor for the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-I (SDF-l)...
- Role of Slit in CXCR4-Mediated Breast Cancer MetastasisRamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its ligand CXCL12 play a critical role in breast cancer metastasis...
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..may play a crucial role in directing to the BM the RMS cells that express the receptor for SDF-1, CXCR4. To investigate the mechanisms operating in the metastasis of RMS and develop a new therapeutic approach to ..
- SDF-1A AND MIP-II INTERACTIONS WITH CHEMOKINE RECEPTORSElias Lolis; Fiscal Year: 2002..One chemokine, stromal cell-derived factor SDF-1a is the natural agonist for the receptor CXCR4. The CXCR4 receptor has also been identified as the co-receptor for T-tropic, syncytium inducing strains of HIV-1...
- CHEMOKINE RECEPTORS AND HIV MEDIATED SIGNALINGWaldemar Popik; Fiscal Year: 2001..CD4 receptors, the question arises whether the binding of HIV-1 virions to the newly described HIV-1 coreceptor, CXCR4 participates or contributes to this signaling...
- Transnasal Delivery of Chemokine Analogs in mouse NeuroAIDS ModelsStuart A Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2013..As potential treatment, we and our collaborators have synthesized new peptide inhibitors of chemokine receptors (CXCR4 and CCR5, which are co-receptors for HIV/gp120), and found that these novel synthetically and modularly modified (..
- HIV-1 gp120 Mediated Chemotaxis of Blood CellsRamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION: (provided by applicant) Chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CCR5 play critical roles in H1V infection...
- Natural IgM antilymphocyte autoantibodies inhibit HIV-1PETER LOBO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The latency period is determined by host factors that control viral infectivity. Chemokine receptors (CCR5 and CXCR4) serve as co-receptors for HIV-1 entry into cells...
- Chemokines and Macrophages in HIV Neuronal ApoptosisStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Microglia, astrocytes and neurons express co-receptors for HIV-1, namely the chemokine receptors CCR5 and CXCR4. Using chemokine receptor knock-out mice, the objectives of this application are to further elucidate the role of ..
- Molecular Imaging of Metastatic Potential in SCCHN by Targeting VLA-4 and CXCR4Carolyn J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..imaging agents to quantify integrin (also called very late antigen 4, or VLA-4) and CXC chemokine receptor 4 (CXCR4) levels, both of which play a putative role in the metastasis of head and neck cancer to lymph nodes...
- CCR5 & CXCR4 Antagonist & Agonist Binding Site StructureEDWARD DRATZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..is a complex process that requires binding of the HIV envelope protein gp120 to a cellular co-receptor (CCR5 or CXCR4)...
- CD8+ T CELL APOPTOSIS IN HIV INFECTIONGeorges Herbein; Fiscal Year: 2000..Following interaction of CXCR4 with the HIV envelope gp120, tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2) is up-regulated on Cd8+ T cells and tumor ..
- CCR5 and CXCR4 Binding Chemokines and Oral HIV InfectionGrace John Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2005..Chemokines, the natural ligands for the HIV-1 co-receptors CCR5 and CXCR4, are potential candidates...