Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CTNNAL1
Description: catenin alpha like 1
Alias: ACRP, CLLP, alpha-CATU, alpha-catulin, alpha-catenin-related protein, alpha2-catulin, catenin (cadherin-associated protein), alpha-like 1, catenin alpha-like protein 1
- Zhang J, Nelson M, Wang L, Liu W, Qian C, Shridhar V, et al. Identification and chromosomal localization of CTNNAL1, a novel protein homologous to alpha-catenin. Genomics. 1998;54:149-54 pubmed..This produced a protein product of about 82 kDa in size. The gene designated as CTNNAL1 (catenin (cadherin-associated protein), alpha-like 1) was found to be ubiquitously expressed in many tissues ..
- Park B, Nguyen N, Dutt P, Merdek K, Bashar M, Sterpetti P, et al. Association of Lbc Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor with alpha-catenin-related protein, alpha-catulin/CTNNAL1, supports serum response factor activation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45361-70 pubmed..The human alpha-catulin gene (CTNNAL1) maps to 9q31-32...
- Xiang Y, Tan Y, Zhang J, Qin X, Hu B, Wang Y, et al. Wound repair and proliferation of bronchial epithelial cells regulated by CTNNAL1. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:920-30 pubmed..Our previous study indicated that adhesion molecule catenin alpha-like 1 (CTNNAL1) is relevant closely to asthma susceptibility, but its biological function or significance is still unclear...
- Liang C, Chiu S, Hsu I, Wu Y, Tsai Y, Ke J, et al. ?-Catulin drives metastasis by activating ILK and driving an ?v?3 integrin signaling axis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:428-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study shows that ?-catulin plays a critical role in cancer metastasis by activating the ILK-mediated Akt-NF-?B-?v?3 signaling axis. ..
- Fan L, Chiang W, Liang C, Tsai Y, Wong T, Chen K, et al. ?-Catulin knockdown induces senescence in cancer cells. Oncogene. 2011;30:2610-21 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence that ?-catulin promotes tumor growth by preventing cellular senescence and suggests that downregulating ?-catulin may be a promising therapeutic approach for cancer treatment. ..
- Janssens B, Staes K, van Roy F. Human alpha-catulin, a novel alpha-catenin-like molecule with conserved genomic structure, but deviating alternative splicing. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1447:341-7 pubmed..The genomic organization of the alpha-catulin gene CTNNAL1 is closely related to that of the alphaE-catenin gene CTNNA1, but not at all to that of the vinculin gene...
- Wiesner C, Winsauer G, Resch U, Hoeth M, Schmid J, van Hengel J, et al. Alpha-catulin, a Rho signalling component, can regulate NF-kappaB through binding to IKK-beta, and confers resistance to apoptosis. Oncogene. 2008;27:2159-69 pubmed..Together, these features suggest that alpha-catulin has tumorigenic potential. ..
- Merdek K, Nguyen N, Toksoz D. Distinct activities of the alpha-catenin family, alpha-catulin and alpha-catenin, on beta-catenin-mediated signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2410-22 pubmed..These results suggest a novel function for alpha-catulin and imply that alpha-catenin and alpha-catulin have distinct activities that downregulate, respectively, beta-catenin and Ras signals converging on the cyclin D1 promoter. ..
- Kreiseder B, Orel L, Bujnow C, Buschek S, Pflueger M, Schuett W, et al. ?-Catulin downregulates E-cadherin and promotes melanoma progression and invasion. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:521-30 pubmed publisher..Catulin (CTNNAL1) is a cytoplasmic molecule that integrates the crosstalk between nuclear factor-kappa B and Rho signaling ..
- Cao C, Chen Y, Masood R, Sinha U, Kobielak A. ?-Catulin marks the invasion front of squamous cell carcinoma and is important for tumor cell metastasis. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:892-903 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results strongly indicate that ?-catulin contributes to the invasive behavior of metastatic cells and may be used as a prognostic marker and future therapeutic target for patients with cancer. ..
- Acar M, Kocherlakota K, Murphy M, Peyer J, Oguro H, Inra C, et al. Deep imaging of bone marrow shows non-dividing stem cells are mainly perisinusoidal. Nature. 2015;526:126-30 pubmed publisher..Here, using a green fluorescent protein (GFP) knock-in for the gene Ctnnal1 in mice (hereafter denoted as Î±-catulin(GFP)), we discover that Î±-catulin(GFP) is expressed by only 0...
- Bear M, Liu T, Abualkhair S, Ghamloush M, Hill N, Preston I, et al. Alpha-Catulin Co-Localizes With Vimentin Intermediate Filaments and Functions in Pulmonary Vascular Endothelial Cell Migration via ROCK. J Cell Physiol. 2016;231:934-43 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 231: 934-943, 2016. Â© 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Zhang Q, Liu S, Liu Y, Hua Y, Song H, Ren Y, et al. Achieving low density lipoprotein-cholesterol<70mg/dL may be associated with a trend of reduced progression of carotid artery atherosclerosis in ischemic stroke patients. J Neurol Sci. 2017;378:26-29 pubmed publisher..Mean change in atherosclerotic plaque length was -1.4mm (95% CI: [-4.1, 1, 2]; P=0.27) in ILLT and 1.1mm in CLLP group (95% CI: [-0.9, 3.1]; P=0.27); no difference between groups (P=0.40)...
- Bear M, Li M, Liu Y, Giel Moloney M, Fanburg B, Toksoz D. The Lbc Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor ?-catulin axis functions in serotonin-induced vascular smooth muscle cell mitogenesis and RhoA/ROCK activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32919-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Lbc/?-catulin axis participates in 5-HT-induced PASMC mitogenesis and RhoA/ROCK signaling, and may be an interventional target in diseases involving vascular smooth muscle remodeling. ..
- Buimer M, Keijser R, Jebbink J, Wehkamp D, van Kampen A, Boer K, et al. Seven placental transcripts characterize HELLP-syndrome. Placenta. 2008;29:444-53 pubmed publisher..This distinct placental molecular signature suggests that HELLP is not a PE variant but a separate disease entity. Our data may prove fundamental for the further molecular analysis of PE and HELLP syndrome. ..
- Zhang Z, Yang X, Huang K, Ren L, Zhao S, Gou W, et al. The upregulated Î±-catulin expression was involved in head-neck squamous cell carcinogenesis by promoting proliferation, migration, invasion, and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:1671-81 pubmed publisher..It might be regarded as a potential marker for head and neck carcinogenesis or a target of gene therapy for HNSCCs. ..
- Surpili M, Delben T, Kobarg J. Identification of proteins that interact with the central coiled-coil region of the human protein kinase NEK1. Biochemistry. 2003;42:15369-76 pubmed..Our results give further support to the previous observation that NEK1 is of functional importance for the etiology of PKD. ..
- Gascoyne D, Lyne L, Spearman H, Buffa F, Soilleux E, Banham A. Vitamin D Receptor Expression in Plasmablastic Lymphoma and Myeloma Cells Confers Susceptibility to Vitamin D. Endocrinology. 2017;158:503-515 pubmed publisher..profiling identified plasmablastic characteristics in DLBCL cell lines HLY-1 and SU-DHL-9, associated with CTNNAL1, HPGD, RORA, IGF1, and/or vitamin D receptor (VDR) transcription...
- Xiang Y, Qin X, Liu H, Tan Y, Liu C, Liu C. Identification of transcription factors regulating CTNNAL1 expression in human bronchial epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31158 pubmed publisher..Our previous study indicated catenin alpha-like 1 (CTNNAL1), an alpha-catenin-related protein, was downregulated in asthma patients and animal model...
- Lyssand J, Whiting J, Lee K, Kastl R, Wacker J, Bruchas M, et al. Alpha-dystrobrevin-1 recruits alpha-catulin to the alpha1D-adrenergic receptor/dystrophin-associated protein complex signalosome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:21854-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study implicates ?-catulin as a unique regulator of GPCR signaling and represents a unique expansion of the intricate and continually evolving array of GPCR signaling networks. ..
- Kreiseder B, Holper Schichl Y, Muellauer B, Jacobi N, Pretsch A, Schmid J, et al. Alpha-catulin contributes to drug-resistance of melanoma by activating NF-ÎºB and AP-1. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119402 pubmed publisher..The cytoskeletal linker protein Î±-catulin (CTNNAL1) has been shown to be important in inflammation, apoptosis and cytoskeletal reorganization...
- Shieh Y, Chang L, Chiu K, Wu C, Lee H. Cadherin and catenin expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma: correlation with histopathologic grade, clinical stage, and patient outcome. J Oral Pathol Med. 2003;32:297-304 pubmed..The roles of cadherins and catenins in mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) are not fully understood...
- Demacio P, Ray P. Alpha-catulin maps to the familial dysautonomia region on 9q31. Genome. 2001;44:990-4 pubmed..Because of the presence of these sequence variants in several unaffected individuals, alpha-catulin is unlikely to be the causative gene in this disease. ..