Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CTNNAL1
Description: catenin alpha like 1
Alias: ACRP, CLLP, alpha-CATU, alpha-catulin, alpha-catenin-related protein, alpha2-catulin, catenin (cadherin-associated protein), alpha-like 1, catenin alpha-like protein 1
- Identification and chromosomal localization of CTNNAL1, a novel protein homologous to alpha-cateninJ S Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, 55905, USA
Genomics 54:149-54. 1998..This produced a protein product of about 82 kDa in size. The gene designated as CTNNAL1 (catenin (cadherin-associated protein), alpha-like 1) was found to be ubiquitously expressed in many tissues ..
- Human alpha-catulin, a novel alpha-catenin-like molecule with conserved genomic structure, but deviating alternative splicingB Janssens
Molecular Cell Biology Unit, Department of Molecular Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB University of Ghent, B 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1447:341-7. 1999..The genomic organization of the alpha-catulin gene CTNNAL1 is closely related to that of the alphaE-catenin gene CTNNA1, but not at all to that of the vinculin gene...
- α-Catulin knockdown induces senescence in cancer cellsL C Fan
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Oncogene 30:2610-21. 2011..Our study provides evidence that α-catulin promotes tumor growth by preventing cellular senescence and suggests that downregulating α-catulin may be a promising therapeutic approach for cancer treatment...
- α-Catulin marks the invasion front of squamous cell carcinoma and is important for tumor cell metastasisChristine Cao
Department of Otolaryngology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:892-903. 2012..Overall, these results strongly indicate that α-catulin contributes to the invasive behavior of metastatic cells and may be used as a prognostic marker and future therapeutic target for patients with cancer...
- α-Catulin downregulates E-cadherin and promotes melanoma progression and invasionBirgit Kreiseder
Medical and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria
Int J Cancer 132:521-30. 2013..Catulin (CTNNAL1) is a cytoplasmic molecule that integrates the crosstalk between nuclear factor-kappa B and Rho signaling ..
- α-Catulin drives metastasis by activating ILK and driving an αvβ3 integrin signaling axisChen Hsien Liang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Institute of Oral Medicine, and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Cancer Res 73:428-38. 2013..Taken together, our study shows that α-catulin plays a critical role in cancer metastasis by activating the ILK-mediated Akt-NF-κB-αvβ3 signaling axis...
- Alpha-catulin, a Rho signalling component, can regulate NF-kappaB through binding to IKK-beta, and confers resistance to apoptosisC Wiesner
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncogene 27:2159-69. 2008..Together, these features suggest that alpha-catulin has tumorigenic potential...
- Distinct activities of the alpha-catenin family, alpha-catulin and alpha-catenin, on beta-catenin-mediated signalingKeith D Merdek
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2410-22. 2004..These results suggest a novel function for alpha-catulin and imply that alpha-catenin and alpha-catulin have distinct activities that downregulate, respectively, beta-catenin and Ras signals converging on the cyclin D1 promoter...
- Wound repair and proliferation of bronchial epithelial cells regulated by CTNNAL1Yang Xiang
Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, Hunan, PR China
J Cell Biochem 103:920-30. 2008..Our previous study indicated that adhesion molecule catenin alpha-like 1 (CTNNAL1) is relevant closely to asthma susceptibility, but its biological function or significance is still unclear...
- Association of Lbc Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor with alpha-catenin-related protein, alpha-catulin/CTNNAL1, supports serum response factor activationBrian Park
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45361-70. 2002..The human alpha-catulin gene (CTNNAL1) maps to 9q31-32...
- The upregulated α-catulin expression was involved in head-neck squamous cell carcinogenesis by promoting proliferation, migration, invasion, and epithelial to mesenchymal transitionZhuo Zhang
Department of Stomatology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning Medical University, Jinzhou, 121001, China
Tumour Biol 37:1671-81. 2016..It might be regarded as a potential marker for head and neck carcinogenesis or a target of gene therapy for HNSCCs. ..
- Alpha-Catulin Co-Localizes With Vimentin Intermediate Filaments and Functions in Pulmonary Vascular Endothelial Cell Migration via ROCKMichael D Bear
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep, Tupper Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
J Cell Physiol 231:934-43. 2016..J. Cell. Physiol. 231: 934-943, 2016. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Presynaptic BK channel localization is dependent on the hierarchical organization of alpha-catulin and dystrobrevin and fine-tuned by CaV2 calcium channelsKelly H Oh
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, 60064, North Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Neurosci 16:26. 2015..However, the mechanism underlying BK channel localization near calcium channels is not fully understood...
- Alpha-catulin contributes to drug-resistance of melanoma by activating NF-κB and AP-1Birgit Kreiseder
SeaLife Pharma GmbH, Tulln, Austria
PLoS ONE 10:e0119402. 2015..The cytoskeletal linker protein α-catulin (CTNNAL1) has been shown to be important in inflammation, apoptosis and cytoskeletal reorganization...
- Deep imaging of bone marrow shows non-dividing stem cells are mainly perisinusoidalMelih Acar
Children s Research Institute and The Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Nature 526:126-30. 2015..Here, using a green fluorescent protein (GFP) knock-in for the gene Ctnnal1 in mice (hereafter denoted as α-catulin(GFP)), we discover that α-catulin(GFP) is expressed by only 0...
- RNA-seq reveals determinants for irinotecan sensitivity/resistance in colorectal cancer cell linesXin Xiang Li
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center 200032, China Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University Shanghai, 200032, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:2729-36. 2014..negatively or positively correlated to irinotecan sensitivity were given after biocomputation, and 7 (CDC20, CTNNAL1, FZD7, CITED2, ABR, ARHGEF7, and RNMT) of them were validated in two CRC cell lines by quantitative real-time PCR,..
- Genome Wide Methylome Alterations in Lung CancerNandita Mullapudi
Department of Medicine Pulmonary, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0143826. 2015..familiar lung cancer nodes [tP53, Akt] as well as less familiar nodes [HBEGF, NQO1, GRK5, VWF, HPGD, CDH5, CTNNAL1, PTPN13, DACH1, SMAD6, LAMA3, AR]...
- Vitamin D receptor expression in plasmablastic lymphoma and myeloma cells confers susceptibility to vitamin DDuncan M Gascoyne
1 Nuffield Division of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Radcliffe Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Endocrinology . 2016..profiling identified plasmablastic characteristics in DLBCL cell lines HLY-1 and SU-DHL-9, associated with CTNNAL1, HPGD, RORα, IGF1 and/or vitamin D receptor (VDR) transcription...
- An alpha-catulin homologue controls neuromuscular function through localization of the dystrophin complex and BK channels in Caenorhabditis elegansLinu S Abraham
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:. 2010..Our results demonstrate that CTN-1 ensures the localization of SLO-1 within calcium nanodomains, thereby playing a crucial role in muscles and neurons...
- Expression profiling the developing mammalian enteric nervous system identifies marker and candidate Hirschsprung disease genesTiffany A Heanue
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, Medical Research Council, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6919-24. 2006..Moreover, two of the genes identified in our screen Arhgef3 and Ctnnal1, have human homologues that map to previously identified HSCR susceptibility loci, thus representing excellent ..
- Associations of TCF12, CTNNAL1 and WNT10B gene polymorphisms with litter size in pigsHu Tao
Key Laboratory of Pig Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture and Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, PR China
Anim Reprod Sci 140:189-94. 2013..several WNT signaling pathway genes including transcription factor 12 (TCF12), catenin alpha-like protein 1 (CTNNAL1) and wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 10B (WNT10B) were differentially expressed in PMSG-hCG ..
- Expression of tight junction molecules in breast carcinomas analysed by array PCR and immunohistochemistryAnna Maria Tokes
2nd Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, Ulloi ut 93, 1091 Budapest, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 18:593-606. 2012..genes were significantly downregulated in tumors compared with normal breast tissues (CLDNs 5, 10, 16, 18, 19, CTNNAL1, JAM-B, ZO-1, ZO-2 and PARD3), whereas one gene (CLDN17) was significantly up-regulated in tumors when compared ..
- Identification of transcription factors regulating CTNNAL1 expression in human bronchial epithelial cellsYang Xiang
Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e31158. 2012..Our previous study indicated catenin alpha-like 1 (CTNNAL1), an alpha-catenin-related protein, was downregulated in asthma patients and animal model...
- A neuronal transmembrane protein LRFN4 complexes with 14-3-3s and NCK1 to induce morphological change in monocytic cells via Rac1-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganizationShu Konakahara
Department of Medicinal and Life Science, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
FEBS Lett 586:2251-9. 2012..These results indicated that LRFN4 complexed with 14-3-3s and NCK1 to mediate elongation in monocytic cells via Rac-1-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganization...
- [Relevance of the expression of CTNNAL1 and the resistance of respiratory tract in rat with airway hyperresponsiveness]Xiang Li
Research Department of Applied Pathophysiology, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:906-10. 2012To observe the relation between the expression of CTNNAL1 and the airway resistance in rats with airway hyperresponsiveness.
- Alpha-catulin maps to the familial dysautonomia region on 9q31P C Demacio
Department of Genetics, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Genome 44:990-4. 2001..Because of the presence of these sequence variants in several unaffected individuals, alpha-catulin is unlikely to be the causative gene in this disease...
- Assessment of the CTNNA3 gene encoding human alpha T-catenin regarding its involvement in dilated cardiomyopathyBarbara Janssens
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium
Hum Genet 112:227-36. 2003..They overlap largely with the boundaries of the CTNNA1 and CTNNAL1 genes encoding alpha E-catenin and alpha-catulin, respectively...
- Cadherin and catenin expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma: correlation with histopathologic grade, clinical stage, and patient outcomeYi Shing Shieh
Graduate Institute of Life Science, School of Dentistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 32:297-304. 2003..The roles of cadherins and catenins in mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) are not fully understood...
- African American hypertensive nephropathy maps to a new locus on chromosome 9q31-q32Ki Wha Chung
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:420-9. 2003..and further candidate gene sequencing studies excluded the coding regions of three genes (ACTL7A, ACTL7B, and CTNNAL1)...
- Identification of proteins that interact with the central coiled-coil region of the human protein kinase NEK1Marcelo J Surpili
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural CEBIME, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron LNLS, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, CP 6192, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochemistry 42:15369-76. 2003..Our results give further support to the previous observation that NEK1 is of functional importance for the etiology of PKD...
- Molecular analysis of anoikis resistance in oral cavity squamous cell carcinomaMichael E Kupferman
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 441, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oral Oncol 43:440-54. 2007..We identified S100P, KLK6 and CTNNAL1 as genes whose expression levels were differentially regulated in the anoikis-resistant cell lines compared to ..
- Characterizing the properties of the N7,N9-dimethylguaninium chloride ion pairs: prospecting for the design of a novel ionic liquidDianxiang Xing
Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China sdu edu cn
J Phys Chem A 112:106-16. 2008..molecular orbitals reveal that the charge transfer from anion(s) to the cation(s) occurs mainly through either the Cllp --> sigma C-H, Cllp --> sigma N-H, or Cllp --> pi C8-N7 interactions...
- Apoptotic genes as potential markers of metastatic phenotype in human osteosarcoma cell linesCinzia Zucchini
Dipartimento di Istologia, Embriologia e Biologia Applicata, Universita di Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Int J Oncol 32:17-31. 2008..Hence, we propose the inhibition of the NF-kappaB pathway as a rational strategy for effective management of human osteosarcoma...
- Seven placental transcripts characterize HELLP-syndromeM Buimer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Placenta 29:444-53. 2008..This distinct placental molecular signature suggests that HELLP is not a PE variant but a separate disease entity. Our data may prove fundamental for the further molecular analysis of PE and HELLP syndrome...
- Genome-scale identification of UDP-GlcNAc-dependent pathwaysKen S Lau
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, ON, Canada
Proteomics 8:3294-302. 2008..siRNA targeting LGALS3, WBSCR17, PHF3, SDC2 and CTNNAL1 partially reversed the GlcNAc-induced phenotypes, suggesting a role for galectin-3/N-glycans, proteoglycans, O-..
- Anticariogenic activity of the active fraction from Isertia laevis against S. mutans and S. sobrinus: comparison of two extraction methodsNohemí Téllez
Department of Chemistry, Javeriana University, Bogota, Colombia
Acta Odontol Latinoam 23:188-95. 2010..methods: extraction by column vacuum chromatography (CVC) and extraction by continuous liquid/liquid partitioning (CLLP). The evaluation of the antimicrobial activity of fractions against S. mutans and S...
- The Lbc Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor α-catulin axis functions in serotonin-induced vascular smooth muscle cell mitogenesis and RhoA/ROCK activationMichael D Bear
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Tupper Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 285:32919-26. 2010..Thus, the Lbc/α-catulin axis participates in 5-HT-induced PASMC mitogenesis and RhoA/ROCK signaling, and may be an interventional target in diseases involving vascular smooth muscle remodeling...
- Alpha-dystrobrevin-1 recruits alpha-catulin to the alpha1D-adrenergic receptor/dystrophin-associated protein complex signalosomeJohn S Lyssand
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21854-9. 2010..Taken together, our study implicates α-catulin as a unique regulator of GPCR signaling and represents a unique expansion of the intricate and continually evolving array of GPCR signaling networks...
- The metastatic cascade is reflected in the transcriptome of metastatic canine mammary carcinomasR Klopfleisch
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Straße 15, Berlin, Germany
Vet J 190:236-43. 2011..In contrast, genes associated with epithelial differentiation (EGF, EGFR, MAP2K6, STAT 5), cell adhesion (CLDN5, CTNNAL1, MUC1, PECAM1) and angiogenesis (ANGPT 2, ANGPTL1-4, FIGF, TIE1) were mostly down-regulated...