Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSTF1
Description: cleavage stimulation factor subunit 1
Alias: CstF-50, CstFp50, cleavage stimulation factor subunit 1, CF-1 50 kDa subunit, CSTF 50 kDa subunit, cleavage stimulation factor 50 kDa subunit, cleavage stimulation factor, 3' pre-RNA, subunit 1, 50kD, cleavage stimulation factor, 3' pre-RNA, subunit 1, 50kDa
- Fonseca D, Baquero J, Murphy M, Aruggoda G, Varriano S, Sapienza C, et al. mRNA Processing Factor CstF-50 and Ubiquitin Escort Factor p97 Are BRCA1/BARD1 Cofactors Involved in Chromatin Remodeling during the DNA Damage Response. Mol Cell Biol. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into the roles of RNA processing, BRCA1/BARD1, the Ub pathway, and chromatin structure during DDR. ..
- Rüegsegger U, Beyer K, Keller W. Purification and characterization of human cleavage factor Im involved in the 3' end processing of messenger RNA precursors. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6107-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the CstF-CPSF-RNA as well as the CstF-CPSF-PAP-RNA complex are supershifted and stabilized upon the addition of CF Im. ..
- Takagaki Y, Manley J. A human polyadenylation factor is a G protein beta-subunit homologue. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23471-4 pubmed..Possible roles of the transducin repeat, both in CstF function specifically and in other beta-subunit homologues more generally, are discussed. ..
- Tsuzuki M, Wu W, Nishikawa H, Hayami R, Oyake D, Yabuki Y, et al. A truncated splice variant of human BARD1 that lacks the RING finger and ankyrin repeats. Cancer Lett. 2006;233:108-16 pubmed..DeltaRIN does not interact with BRCA1, whereas it interacts with and colocalizes with CstF-50 to cytoplasmic dots. Hence, a deletion variant of BARD1 occurs in cells and may play a distinct role with CstF-50. ..
- Fontana G, Rigamonti A, Lenzken S, Filosa G, Alvarez R, Calogero R, et al. Oxidative stress controls the choice of alternative last exons via a Brahma-BRCA1-CstF pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:902-914 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate a novel regulatory mechanism, distinct from the modulation of transcription elongation by BRM that controls alternative splicing of internal exons. ..
- Hashizume R, Fukuda M, Maeda I, Nishikawa H, Oyake D, Yabuki Y, et al. The RING heterodimer BRCA1-BARD1 is a ubiquitin ligase inactivated by a breast cancer-derived mutation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14537-40 pubmed..These results suggest that the BRCA1-BARD1 complex contains a ubiquitin ligase activity that is important in prevention of breast and ovarian cancer development. ..
- Edwards R, Lee M, Tsutakawa S, Williams R, Nazeer I, Kleiman F, et al. The BARD1 C-terminal domain structure and interactions with polyadenylation factor CstF-50. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11446-56 pubmed publisher..BARD1 architecture and plasticity imparted by the ANK-BRCT linker are suitable to allow the BARD1 C-terminus to act as a hub with multiple binding sites to integrate diverse DNA damage signals directly to RNA polymerase. ..
- Takagaki Y, Manley J. A polyadenylation factor subunit is the human homologue of the Drosophila suppressor of forked protein. Nature. 1994;372:471-4 pubmed..Our results thus also indicate that components of the complex polyadenylation machinery are conserved from yeast to man. ..
- Takagaki Y, MacDonald C, Shenk T, Manley J. The human 64-kDa polyadenylylation factor contains a ribonucleoprotein-type RNA binding domain and unusual auxiliary motifs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1403-7 pubmed