Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSTB
Description: cystatin B (stefin B)
Alias: CST6, EPM1, EPM1A, PME, STFB, ULD, CPI-B, cystatin-B, liver thiol proteinase inhibitor
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Unstable insertion in the 5' flanking region of the cystatin B gene is the most common mutation in progressive myoclonus epilepsy type 1, EPM1R G Lafreniere
Centre for Research in Neuroscience, McGill Univ, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Genet 15:298-302. 1997..Recently, two mutations in the cystatin B gene (also known as stefin B, STFB) mapping to 21q22...
- [Myoclonic epilepsies in infancy]R Palencia
, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Universitario, Valladolid,
Rev Neurol 30:S15-24. 2000..reflex myoclonic epilepsy, as well as progressive myoclonic epilepsies, among which progressive myoclonic epilepsy (PME) type 1 (Unverricht-Lundborg's disease) and PME2 (Lafora type) are prominent, whereas other entities, such as those ..
- [A case of degenerative type of progressive myoclonus epilepsy]A Tateno
Department of Pediatrics, Sakura Hospital, Toho University, School of Medicine, Chiba
No To Hattatsu 25:81-6. 1993This report describes a patient with degenerative type of progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME), who showed slowly progressive deterioration of the central nervous system; intellectual impairment, dysarthria, and involuntary movements, ..
- [A case of non-photosensitive, self-induced epileptic seizures with pacygyria]H Nagai
Department of Pediatrics, Maizuru Hospital of Self Defense Force, Kyoto
No To Hattatsu 30:417-22. 1998..Treatment with valporate and zonisamide was effective in reducing the seizures. The findings of our case imply the pathogenesis of self-induced seizures and the relationship between PME and neuronal migration disorders.
- [Progressive myoclonic epilepsy: clinical characteristics of 18 patients]A Vistorte
, , La Habana, Cuba
Rev Neurol 29:102-4. 1999INTRODUCTION: The term progressive myoclonic epilepsy (PME) includes a groups of heterogeneous conditions, with genetic causes, characterized by having different types of seizures, basically myoclonic, and other neurological findings due ..
- Debate: Does genetic information in humans help us treat patients? PRO--genetic information in humans helps us treat patients. CON--genetic information does not help at allAntonio V Delgado-Escueta
Epilepsy Genetics Genomics Laboratories, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, West Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Epilepsia 49:13-24. 2008..protein phosphatase) and malin (ubiquitin E3 ligase) in Lafora progressive myoclonic epilepsy (PME); and (3) cystatin B in Unverricht-Lundborg type of PME...
- [Progressive study of EEG and evoked potentials in Lafora disease]P Orizaola
, , Santander,
Rev Neurol 27:81-5. 1998..study of EEG and multimodality evoked potentials (EP) in a patient with progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME) with Lafora bodies in the sweat glands from the axillary skin biopsy...
- [A case of juvenile type dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) with psychomotor retardation since infancy]Y Wada
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 30:543-8. 1998..At the age of 6 years, he had progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME) and underwent a series of neuroradiological, electrophysiological and pathological examinations, which failed to ..
- Methylating activity in ovarian membranes changes during the estrous cycleL B Oliveros
Laboratory of Biology of the Reproduction, Faculty of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy, National University of San Luis, Argentina
Horm Metab Res 29:242-6. 1997..and the other one, (Met II), catalyses the two successive methylations of phosphatidyl-N-monomethylethanolamine (PME) to phosphatidylcholine (PC). Met I shows a Km value of 5.71 microM and a Vm of 1...
- Progressive myoclonic epilepsy: A clinical, electrophysiological and pathological study from South IndiaS Sinha
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
J Neurol Sci 252:16-23. 2007..LBD = 38), Myoclonic epilepsy with ragged red fibers (MERRF = 10), and probable Unverricht-Lundberg disease (ULD = 9) were reviewed. The mean age at onset in patients with NCL (n = 40) was 5.9+/-9.1 years (M:F:: 28:12)...
- Amyloid fibril formation by human stefins: Structure, mechanism & putative functionsEva Zerovnik
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Structural Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biochimie 92:1597-607. 2010..It also has been shown that endogenous stefin B (with E at site 31) but especially the EPM1 mutant R68X and Y31-stefin B variant, and to a lesser extent EPM1 mutant G4R, are prone to form aggregates in cells.
- Biliary drainage for obstructive jaundice enhances hepatic energy status in humans: a 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyD V Mann
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Gut 50:118-22. 2002..Biliary obstruction impairs liver function although the pathophysiological mechanism is incompletely understood...
- Role of cathepsins and cystatins in patients with recurrent miscarriageTamao Nakanishi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and 2nd Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho, Nagoya, 467 8601, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 11:351-5. 2005..Immunohistochemistry was performed with antibodies against cathepsins, stefin A (cystatin A), stefin B (cystatin B) and cystatin C...
- Safety profile of celecoxib as used in general practice in England: results of a prescription-event monitoring studyDeborah Layton
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Blundell Lane, Southampton, SO31 1AA, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:489-501. 2004..A post-marketing surveillance study using the technique of Prescription Event Monitoring was undertaken to monitor the safety of celecoxib, a cyclo-oxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitor, as prescribed in primary care in England...
- Scophthalmus maximus cystatin B enhances head kidney macrophage-mediated bacterial killingPing ping Xiao
Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao 266071, PR China
Dev Comp Immunol 34:1237-41. 2010..In this report, we described the identification and analysis of a cystatin B homologue, SmCytB, from turbot Scophthalmus maximus...
- The relationship between porcine circovirus 2 antigen score and antibody titre and histology of lymph nodes in 375 euthanased sick and healthy pigs from 113 British pig farms with and without postweaning multisystemic wasting syndromeM J Turner
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Prev Vet Med 88:213-9. 2009..sick pigs with the clinical signs above and one healthy pig of a similar age were taken for postmortem examination (PME). In all other herds at least one healthy pig was taken for PME...
- [Metabolic kinetics in the brains in infants with IUGR, respiratory distress syndrome, seizures and asphyxia]H Yoshioka
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 24:159-63. 1992..of cerebral phosphorus compounds: ATP, phosphocreatine (PCr), inorganic phosphate (Pi), phosphomonoesters (PME) and phosphodiesters (PDE)...
- DNA deamination enables direct PCR amplification of the cystatin B (CSTB) gene-associated dodecamer repeat expansion in myoclonus epilepsy type Unverricht-LundborgAndreas Weinhaeusel
Children s Cancer Research Institute, St Anna Children s Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Hum Mutat 22:404-8. 2003..myoclonus epilepsy (EPM1) is an autosomal recessive disorder that is caused by the dysfunction of the cystatin B (CSTB) gene product...
- Biochemical metabolic changes assessed by 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy after radiation-induced hepatic injury in rabbitsRi Sheng Yu
Department of Internal Medicine, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:2723-30. 2009....
- Substituent effect on oxygen atom transfer reactivity from oxomolybdenum centers: synthesis, structure, electrochemistry, and mechanismPartha Basu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Inorg Chem 48:6303-13. 2009..and R = OMe, Me, SMe, NHCOMe, H, Cl, CF(3), NO(2), were reacted with trimethyl phosphine (PMe(3)) to convert into complexes of general formula Tp*MoO(S- p-RC(6)H(4))(OPMe(3)) (2) (where R = OMe, Me, SMe, H, Cl,..
- 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the frontal lobe of major depressed patientsH P Volz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Jena, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 248:289-95. 1998..Reduced frontal and temporal lobe phosphomonoester (PME) concentrations were measured in the euthymic state, whereas increased values were found in the depressed state...
- Analysis of different de-esterification mechanisms for pectin by enzymatic fingerprinting using endopectin lyase and endopolygalacturonase II from A. nigerG Limberg
Danisco Biotechnology, Copenhagen K, Denmark
Carbohydr Res 327:293-307. 2000..pectins with different distribution patterns of methyl ester groups was produced by treatment with either plant (p-PME) or fungal pectin methyl esterases (f-PME) and compared with those obtained by base catalysed de-esterification...
- Clinical picture of EPM1-Unverricht-Lundborg diseaseReetta Kalviainen
Kuopio Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Epilepsia 49:549-56. 2008..The diagnosis of EPM1 can be confirmed by identifying disease-causing mutations in a cysteine protease inhibitor cystatin B (CSTB) gene...
- Molecular background of progressive myoclonus epilepsyAnna Elina Lehesjoki
Folkhälsan Institute of Genetics and Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
EMBO J 22:3473-8. 2003..Mutations in the gene encoding cystatin B (CSTB), a cysteine protease inhibitor, are responsible for the primary defect in Unverricht-Lundborg disease...
- Towards the mechanism of trimeric purine nucleoside phosphorylases: stopped-flow studies of binding of multisubstrate analogue inhibitor - 2-amino-9-[2-(phosphonomethoxy)ethyl]-6-sulfanylpurineB Wielgus Kutrowska
Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Poland
Biophys Chem 125:260-8. 2007The binding of multisubstrate analogue inhibitor - 2-amino-9-[2-(phosphonomethoxy)ethyl]-6-sulfanylpurine (PME-6-thio-Gua) to purine nucleoside phosphorylase from Cellulomonas sp...
- Cathepsin B but not cathepsins L or S contributes to the pathogenesis of Unverricht-Lundborg progressive myoclonus epilepsy (EPM1)Megan K Houseweart
Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurobiol 56:315-27. 2003..Unverricht-Lundborg disease (EPM1) is caused by loss-of-function mutations in the cysteine protease inhibitor, cystatin B. Because cystatin B inhibits a class of lysosomal cysteine proteases called cathepsins, we hypothesized that ..
- Determination of cerium ion by polymeric membrane and coated graphite electrode based on novel pendant armed macrocycleAshok K Singh
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667, India
Anal Chim Acta 675:170-80. 2010..The performance of the membrane based on L(2) was compared with polymeric membrane electrode (PME) as well as with coated graphite electrode (CGE)...
- Resistance of herpes simplex virus type 1 against different phosphonylmethoxyalkyl derivatives of purines and pyrimidines due to specific mutations in the viral DNA polymerase geneG Andrei
Laboratory of Antiviral Chemotherapy, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Gen Virol 81:639-48. 2000..HPMP) derivatives of cytosine (HPMPC, cidofovir) and adenine (HPMPA) and 2-phosphonylmethoxyethyl (PME) derivatives of adenine (PMEA, adefovir) and 2,6-diaminopurine (PMEDAP)...
- Reassessment of phenytoin for treatment of late stage progressive myoclonus epilepsy complicated with status epilepticusAyako Miyahara
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8551, Japan
Epilepsy Res 84:201-9. 2009In order to find an effective treatment option for status epilepticus in progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME), we reviewed the clinical course of 9 patients with PME. Initially, epilepsy was successfully treated with antiepileptics...
- A periodic tryptophan protein 2 gene homologue (PWP2H) in the candidate region of progressive myoclonus epilepsy on 21q22.3K Yamakawa
Ahmanson Department of Pediatrics, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, UCLA, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 74:140-5. 1996The Unverricht-Lundborg type of progressive myoclonus epilepsy (EPM1) has been mapped to human chromosome 21q22.3, and the candidate region has been narrowed to a region of less than 300 kb...
- A new clinical and molecular form of Unverricht-Lundborg disease localized by homozygosity mappingSamuel F Berkovic
Epilepsy Research Centre and Department of Medicine Neurology, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg West, Victoria, Australia
Brain 128:652-8. 2005..ULD has previously been mapped to a locus on chromosome 21 (EPM1). Subsequently, mutations in the cystatin B gene have been found in most cases...
- Polymerase chain reaction-based analysis using deaminated DNA of dodecamer expansions in CSTB, associated with Unverricht-Lundborg myoclonus epilepsyH Horiuchi
Department of Experimental and Forensic Pathology, Yamagata University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Genet Test 9:328-33. 2005..The majority of affected individuals carry repeat expansions of a dodecamer in the promoter region of the cystatin B gene...
- Neuropathological analysis of the brainstem and cerebral cortex lesions on epileptogenesis in hereditary dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophyMasaharu Hayashi
Department of Clinical Neuropathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashi dai, Fuchu shi, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Brain Dev 29:473-81. 2007..DRPLA, including 7 cases of juvenile and 2 cases of early adult types with progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME), 5 cases of late adult type without PME, and 10 age-matched controls...
- Pelvic muscle exercise effect on pelvic muscle performance in womenA R Boyington
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599-7460, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 11:212-8. 2000..There was no significant difference in the baseline (P = 0.09) and post-PME (P = 0.63) strength, endurance and contractability of the two groups of women...
- Synthesis and reactivity of phosphine-stabilized phosphoranimine cations, [R3P x PR'2=NSiMe3]+Keith Huynh
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 Saint George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H6
J Am Chem Soc 131:7905-16. 2009..7) and the corresponding tertiary phosphines R(3)P or the diphosphines Me(2)P(CH(2))(n)PMe(2) (n = 1, 2)...
- The amino acid sequences, structure comparisons and inhibition kinetics of sheep cathepsin L and sheep stefin BA Ritonja
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, J Stefan Institute, Jamova, Ljubljana, Slovenija
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 114:193-8. 1996....
- Cysteine proteinase inhibitors stefin A, stefin B, and cystatin C in sera from patients with colorectal cancer: relation to prognosisJ Kos
Jozef Stefan Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Cancer Res 6:505-11. 2000....
- Vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide compared with vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide alternating with vincristine, topotecan, and cyclophosphamide for intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma: children's oncology group study D9803Carola A S Arndt
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5182-8. 2009....
- Sulfur oxygenates of biomimetics of the diiron subsite of the [FeFe]-hydrogenase active site: properties and oxygen damage repair possibilitiesTianbiao Liu
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:8296-307. 2009..site of [FeFe]-hydrogenase: (mu-pdt)[Fe(CO)(2)L][Fe(CO)(2)L'] (L = L' = CO (1); L = PPh(3), L' = CO (2); L = L' = PMe(3) (4)) and (mu-pdt)(mu-H)[Fe(CO)(2)PMe(3)](2) (5)...
- Boron toxicity is alleviated by hydrogen sulfide in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) seedlingsBao Lan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, People s Republic of China
Planta 231:1301-9. 2010..There was an increase in the activity of pectin methylesterase (PME) and up-regulated expression of genes encoding PME (CsPME) and expansin (CsExp) on exposure to high B concentration...
- Short-term administration of uridine increases brain membrane phospholipid precursors in healthy adults: a 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy study at 4TNivedita Agarwal
The Brain Institute, University of Utah, 383 Colorow Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:825-33. 2010..In humans, uridine is an important precursor of cytidine diphosphate (CDP)-choline, which plays a critical role in phospholipid synthesis and is currently being evaluated as a potential treatment for bipolar depression...
- In vivo and ex vivo study of metabolic and cellular effects of 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy in a mouse mammary carcinomaJ C Street
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 15:587-96. 1997..were observed in the phosphomonoester region of the in vivo NMR spectrum, phosphocholine (PC) and a peak (denoted PME') comprised of mainly phosphoethanolamine (PE)...
- Cystatin C rescues degenerating neurons in a cystatin B-knockout mouse model of progressive myoclonus epilepsyGurjinder Kaur
Nathan S Kline Institute, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Am J Pathol 177:2256-67. 2010..Loss-of-function mutations in the cystatin B (CysB) gene, an intracellular cysteine protease inhibitor, lead to this human disease...
- Nano-level monitoring of Yb(III) by fabrication of coated graphite electrode based on newly synthesized hexaaza macrocyclic ligandAshok K Singh
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, India
Anal Chim Acta 643:74-82. 2009..The performance of the membrane based on L(2) was compared with polymeric membrane electrode (PME) as well as with coated graphite electrode (CGE)...
- Synthesis, structure, and electrochemical properties of sterically protected molybdenum trihydride redox pairs: a paramagnetic "stretched" dihydrogen complex?Miguel Baya
Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination, UPR CNRS 8241 liée par convention à l Université Paul Sabatier et à l Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077 Toulouse Cedex, France
Chemistry 13:5347-59. 2007Complexes [MoCp(#)(PMe(3))(2)H(3)] (Cp(#)=1,2,4-C(5)H(2)tBu(3), 2 a; C(5)HiPr(4), 2 b) have been synthesized from the corresponding compounds [MoCp(#)Cl(4)] (1 a, 1 b) and fully characterized, including by X-ray crystallography and by a ..
- Nutrient limitation in soils exhibiting differing nitrogen availabilities: what lies beyond nitrogen saturation?Stephen E Gress
West Virginia University, Department of Biology, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 6057, USA
Ecology 88:119-30. 2007..Viola rotundifolia, to compare indices of N availability to the activity of root-associated phosphomonoesterase (PME) activity at two spatial scales...
- Chronic high-frequency deep-brain stimulation in progressive myoclonic epilepsy in adulthood--report of five casesChristian Wille
Division of Functional Neurosurgery, Neurosurgical Clinic, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Epilepsia 52:489-96. 2011To assess the efficacy and tolerability of chronic high-frequency deep brain stimulation (DBS) in adult patients with progressive myoclonic epilepsy (PME) syndromes.
- Cell wall polysaccharides are specifically involved in the exclusion of aluminum from the rice root apexJian Li Yang
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Plant Physiol 146:602-11. 2008..Root tip cell wall pectin methylesterase (PME) activity was constitutively higher in 'Zhefu802' than in 'Nipponbare', although Al treatment resulted in increased ..
- Development of electrochemical sensors for nano scale Tb(III) ion determination based on pendant macrocyclic ligandsAshok K Singh
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India
Anal Chim Acta 633:109-18. 2009..The performance of the membrane based on L(1) was compared with polymeric membrane electrode (PME) as well as with coated graphite electrode (CGE)...
- Development and evaluation of monoclonal antibodies as probes to assess the differences between two tomato pectin methylesterase isoenzymesEvelien Vandevenne
Laboratory of Food Technology and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre LFoRCe, Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems M2S, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Immunol Methods 349:18-27. 2009The enzyme pectin methylesterase (PME) was purified from red ripe tomatoes (Lycopersicon esculentum) and through affinity chromatography two isoenzymes were fractionated (t1PME and t2PME)...
- On the mechanism of human stefin B folding: I. Comparison to homologous stefin A. Influence of pH and trifluoroethanol on the fast and slow folding phasesE Zerovnik
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Proteins 32:296-303. 1998..If folding was performed in the presence of 7% of TFE, rate acceleration and difference in the mechanism were observed...
- Tomato pectin methylesterase: modeling, fluorescence, and inhibitor interaction studies-comparison with the bacterial (Erwinia chrysanthemi) enzymeRossana D'Avino
Institute of Protein Biochemistry, CNR, Napoli, Italy
Proteins 53:830-9. 2003The molecular model of Lycopersicon esculentum (tomato) pectin methylesterase (PME) was built by using the X-ray crystal structure of PME from the phytopathogenic bacterium Erwinia chrysanthemi as a template...
- Overexpression of pectin methylesterase inhibitors in Arabidopsis restricts fungal infection by Botrytis cinereaVincenzo Lionetti
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Plant Physiol 143:1871-80. 2007..wall, is secreted in a highly methylesterified form and is demethylesterified in muro by pectin methylesterase (PME)...
- Elaborate spatial patterning of cell-wall PME and PMEI at the pollen tube tip involves PMEI endocytosis, and reflects the distribution of esterified and de-esterified pectinsNina Röckel
Heidelberg Institute for Plant Sciences, INF 360, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant J 53:133-43. 2008..tubes, several pectin methylesterases (PMEs), enzymes that de-esterify pectins, are co-expressed with different PME inhibitors (PMEIs)...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in several porcine cathepsin genes are associated with growth, carcass, and production traits in Italian Large White pigsV Russo
Dipartimento di Protezione e Valorizzazione Agroalimentare, Sezione di Allevamenti Zootecnici, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bologna, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
J Anim Sci 86:3300-14. 2008..cathepsin F, CTSF; cathepsin H, CTSH; cathepsin L, CTSL; and cathepsin Z, CTSZ) and for a cathepsin inhibitor (cystatin B) were investigated...
- Separation of pectin methylesterase isoenzymes from tomato fruits using short monolithic columnsIrena Vovk
Laboratory for Food Chemistry, National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova 19, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Chromatogr A 1065:121-8. 2005One of the main forms of tomato pectin methylesterase (PME; EC 22.214.171.124.1) that is applicable to the food industry was isolated from fresh tomato fruit...
- Interactions of calf spleen purine nucleoside phosphorylase with 8-azaguanine, and a bisubstrate analogue inhibitor: implications for the reaction mechanismJacek Wierzchowski
Department of Biophysics, University of Warmia and Mazury, 4 Oczapowskiego St, PL 10 719 Olsztyn, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 59:713-25. 2004..substrate, 8-azaguanine (8-azaG), and a bisubstrate analogue inhibitor, 9-(2-phosphonylmethoxyethyl)-8-azaguanine (PME-azaG), were investigated by means of steady-state fluorescence spectroscopy...
- Multiple Modes for Coordination of Phenazine to Molybdenum: Ring Fusion Promotes Access to eta(4)-Coordination, Oxidative Addition of Dihydrogen and Hydrogenation of Aromatic Nitrogen CompoundsAaron Sattler
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027
J Am Chem Soc 131:7828-38. 2009Mo(PMe(3))(6) reacts with phenazine (PhzH) to give (eta(6)-C(6)-PhzH)Mo(PMe(3))(3), (mu-eta(6),eta(6)-PhzH)[Mo(PMe(3))(3)](2) and (eta(4)-C(4)-PhzH)(2)Mo(PMe(3))(2), each of which displays previously unknown coordination modes for ..
- Pectin methylesterase regulates methanol and ethanol accumulation in ripening tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) fruitC Frenkel
Department of Plant Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4293-5. 1998We provide genetic evidence that the production of methanol in tomato fruit is regulated by pectin methylesterase (PME, EC 126.96.36.199), an enzyme that catalyzes demethoxylation of pectins...
- Inhibition of interferon response by cystatin B: implication in HIV replication of macrophage reservoirsL Rivera-Rivera
Department of Microbiology and NeuroAIDS Program, University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00935, USA
J Neurovirol 18:20-9. 2012b>Cystatin B and signal transducer and activator of transcription-1 (STAT-1) phosphorylation have recently been shown to increase human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) replication in monocyte-derived macrophages (MDM), but the molecular ..
- Rhodium pyrazolate complexes as potential CVD precursorsJoseph H Rivers
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A15300, Austin, TX 78712 0165, USA
Dalton Trans 41:5401-8. 2012Reaction of 3,5-(CF(3))(2)PzLi with [Rh(μ-Cl)(η(2)-C(2)H(4))(2)](2) or [Rh(μ-Cl)(PMe(3))(2)](2) in Et(2)O gave the dinuclear complexes [Rh(η(2)-C(2)H(4))(2)(μ-3,5-(CF(3))(2)-Pz)](2) (1) and [Rh(2)(μ-Cl)(μ-3,5-(CF(3))(2)-Pz) (PMe(3)..
- Methanol may function as a cross-kingdom signalYuri L Dorokhov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
PLoS ONE 7:e36122. 2012Recently, we demonstrated that leaf wounding results in the synthesis of pectin methylesterase (PME), which causes the plant to release methanol into the air...
- Molybdenum(VI) dioxo and oxo-imido complexes of fluorinated β-ketiminato ligands and their use in OAT reactionsManuel Volpe
Institut fur Chemie, Bereich Anorganische Chemie, Karl Franzens Universität, Graz Stremayrgasse 16, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Inorg Chem 51:1440-9. 2012..The respective products after OAT, the reduced Mo(IV) complexes [MoO(PMe(3))(L(R))(2)] (R = H, 5; R = Me, 6; R = iPr, 7) and [Mo(N(t)Bu)(PMe(3))(L(Me))(2)] (8), were isolated...
- Friends and relations of the cystatin superfamily--new members and their evolutionW M Brown
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Protein Sci 6:5-12. 1997..In this review, the new and older, established members of the family are arranged into a possible evolutionary order, based on sequence homology and functional similarities...
- Progressive myoclonus epilepsy of Unverricht-Lundborg typeA E Lehesjoki
Department of Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Epilepsia 40:23-8. 1999..The underlying gene encodes cystatin B, a cysteine protease inhibitor...
- Investigation of hepatic gluconeogenesis pathway in non-diabetic Asian Indians with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease using in vivo ((31)P) phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopyRajeev Sharma
Department of Internal Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Atherosclerosis 203:291-7. 2009....
- Toward understanding recurrent meningioma: the potential role of lysosomal cysteine proteases and their inhibitorsTamara T Lah
Department of Genetic Toxicology and Cancer Biology, National Institute of Biology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neurosurg 112:940-50. 2010..The second aim was to confirm if cathepsin B and/or cathepsin L and their endogenous inhibitors were also prognostic parameters in the clinical study of 119 patients with meningioma...
- Invasion suppressor cystatin E/M (CST6): high-level cell type-specific expression in normal brain and epigenetic silencing in gliomasJingxin Qiu
Department of Pathology, UF Shands Cancer Center Program in Cancer Genetics, Epigenetics, and Tumor Virology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Lab Invest 88:910-25. 2008..In our previous studies we identified cystatin E/M (CST6) as a frequent target of epigenetic silencing in glioma...
- Textural properties of gelling system of low-methoxy pectins produced by demethoxylating reaction of pectin methyl esteraseY Kim
Department of Food Science and Technology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Food Sci 73:C367-72. 2008After deesterification of commercial pectins with a pectin methyl esterase (PME), their gelling properties were characterized using instrumental texture analysis...
- Temporal regulation of cell-wall pectin methylesterase and peroxidase isoforms in cadmium-treated flax hypocotylFlorence Paynel
Laboratory Glyco Mev, SCUEOR, IFRMP 23, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan Cedex, France
Ann Bot 104:1363-72. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine the involvement of pectin methylesterase (PME) and peroxidase (PER) in this cadmium-induced CW remodelling.
- Structural mechanism of demethylation and inactivation of protein phosphatase 2AYongna Xing
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Cell 133:154-63. 2008..Demethylation and negative regulation of PP2A is mediated by a PP2A-specific methylesterase PME-1, which is conserved from yeast to humans. However, the underlying mechanism of PME-1 function remains enigmatic...
- Characterization of the cystatin B gene promoter harboring the dodecamer repeat expanded in progressive myoclonus epilepsy, EPM1K Alakurtti
Department of Molecular Genetics, Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Helsinki, Finland
Gene 242:65-73. 2000Mutations in the gene encoding cystatin B (CSTB) are responsible for the primary defect in progressive myoclonus epilepsy of Unverricht-Lundborg type (EPM1)...
- SCARB2 mutations in progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME) without renal failureL M Dibbens
Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, Australia
Ann Neurol 66:532-6. 2009..progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME) without renal impairment, especially those resembling Unverricht-Lundborg disease (ULD). Additionally, we searched for mutations in the PRICKLE1 gene, newly recognized as a cause of PME mimicking ULD.
- Acidic range titration of HEWL using a constant-pH molecular dynamics methodMiguel Machuqueiro
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Proteins 72:289-98. 2008..Both generalized reaction field (GRF) and particle mesh Ewald (PME) methods were used in the treatment of the long range electrostatics and, even though the PME simulations revealed ..
- Seizures induce widespread upregulation of cystatin B, the gene mutated in progressive myoclonus epilepsy, in rat forebrain neuronsE D'Amato
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 12:1687-95. 2000Loss of function mutations in the gene encoding the cysteine protease inhibitor, cystatin B (CSTB), are responsible for the primary defect in human progressive myoclonus epilepsy (EPM1)...
- Altered cortical inhibition in Unverricht-Lundborg type progressive myoclonus epilepsy (EPM1)Nils Danner
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Kuopio University Hospital and University of Kuopio, POB 1777, Kuopio FI 70211, Finland
Epilepsy Res 85:81-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the function of the motor cortex in Unverricht-Lundborg disease (ULD), progressive myoclonus epilepsy type 1 (EPM1).
- The peculiar structural features of kiwi fruit pectin methylesterase: amino acid sequence, oligosaccharides structure, and modeling of the interaction with its natural proteinaceous inhibitorM Antonietta Ciardiello
Institute of Protein Biochemistry, C N R, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Proteins 71:195-206. 2008Pectin methylesterase (PME) from kiwi fruit (Actinidia deliciosa) is a glycoprotein, showing an apparent molecular mass of 50 kDa upon size exclusion chromatography and SDS-PAGE...
- Over-expression of cysteine proteinase inhibitor cystatin 6 promotes pancreatic cancer growthMasayo Hosokawa
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1626-32. 2008..of over-expressing genes identified through our gene-expression profile analysis of PDAC cells, we here report CST6 (Cystatin 6 or E/M) as a candidate of molecular targets for PDAC treatment...
- Size and morphology of toxic oligomers of amyloidogenic proteins: a case study of human stefin BSlavko Ceru
Department of Biochemistry, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Amyloid 15:147-59. 2008..aggregates and individual oligomers of a non-pathological yet highly amyloidogenic protein human stefin B (cystatin B) was examined...
- Pentacam and Orbscan II measurements of posterior corneal elevation before and after photorefractive keratectomyByoung Jin Ha
Siloam Eye Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Refract Surg 25:290-5. 2009....
- Clustered genes within the genome of Arabidopsis thaliana encoding pectin methylesterase-like enzymesL Richard
Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France
Gene 170:207-11. 1996We focused our attention on the isolation and regulation of genes encoding for pectin methylesterase (PME) isoenzymes in Arabidopsis thaliana (At)...
- Novel cystatin B mutation and diagnostic PCR assay in an Unverricht-Lundborg progressive myoclonus epilepsy patientI N Bespalova
Mental Health Research Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0720, USA
Am J Med Genet 74:467-71. 1997Two mutations in the cystatin B gene, a 3' splice mutation and a stop codon mutation, were previously found in patients with progressive myoclonus epilepsy of Unverricht-Lundborg type [Pennacchio et al. (1996): Science 271:1731-1734]...
- Development and validation of a quantitative PCR to detect Parvicapsula minibicornis and comparison to histologically ranked infection of juvenile Chinook salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha (Walbaum), from the Klamath River, USAK True
California Nevada Fish Health Center, U S Fish and Wildlife Service, Anderson, CA 96007, USA
J Fish Dis 32:183-92. 2009..A plasmid DNA control was developed to calibrate cycle threshold (C(T)) score to plasmid molecular equivalent (PME) units, a measure of gene copy number...
- Evaluation of guava during different phases of the industrial processingKátia Maria Da Silva Cerqueira Leite
Instituto de Quimica, Departamento de Bioquímica e Tecnologia Química, UNESP, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Int J Food Sci Nutr 60:81-8. 2009In this work we studied the contents of pectin and protein, pectinmethylesterase (PME) activity, and PME stability in various stages of industrial processing, due to the implication of these values on the quality of the final product...
- Highly selective potentiometric determination of mercury(II) ions using 1-furan-2-yl-4-(4-nitrophenyl)-2-phenyl-5H-imidazole-3-oxide based membrane electrodesRakesh Kumar Mahajan
Department of Chemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India
J Hazard Mater 167:237-43. 2009..selectivities of PVC-based mercury(II) selective coated graphite electrode (CGE) and polymeric membrane electrode (PME) incorporating the recently synthesized 1-furan-2-yl-4-(4-nitrophenyl)-2-phenyl-5H-imidazole-3-oxide are reported ..
- Failure of monotherapy in primary monosymptomatic enuresis: a combined desmopressin and propiverine treatment regimen improves efficacy outcomesSaladin Helmut Alloussi
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, Neunkirchen Hospital, Neunkirchen, Germany
BJU Int 103:1706-12. 2009..hormone-agonist desmopressin in children and adolescents not responsive to previous monotherapy, as in primary monosymptomatic enuresis (PME), combined treatments are considered a second-line approach after the failure of monotherapy.
- Effect of ethanol and fructose on liver metabolism: a dynamic 31Phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy study in normal volunteersC Boesch
Department of MR Spectroscopy and Methodology, University Bern Switzerland
Magn Reson Imaging 15:1067-77. 1997..dynamic changes of individual phosphorus-containing metabolites in the liver parenchyma, such as phosphomonoester (PME), adenosine triphosphate, and inorganic phosphate (Pi)...
- Fundamental studies of tungsten alkylidene imido monoalkoxidepyrrolide complexesAnnie J Jiang
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
J Am Chem Soc 131:7770-80. 2009..Compound 1 reacts with trimethylphosphine to yield (R)-1(PMe(3))...
- A protein phosphatase methylesterase (PME-1) is one of several novel proteins stably associating with two inactive mutants of protein phosphatase 2AE Ogris
Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14382-91. 1999..One of these cellular proteins, herein named protein phosphatase methylesterase-1 (PME-1), was purified and microsequenced, and its cDNA was cloned...
- Phosphorus-31 metabolism of post-menopausal breast cancer studied in vivo by magnetic resonance spectroscopyC J Twelves
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Clinical Oncology Unit, United Medical School, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 69:1151-6. 1994..The spectra of the 19 previously untreated tumours had significantly higher phosphomonoester (PME) 31P relative peak areas than the normal breasts of eight post-menopausal women (11.7% and 7.7% respectively, P = 0...
- New nitrosyl derivatives of diiron dithiolates related to the active site of the [FeFe]-hydrogenasesMatthew T Olsen
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Inorg Chem 47:11816-24. 2008..Fe(2)(S(2)C(2)H(4))(CO)(3)(dppv)(NO)]BF(4) ([1(CO)(3)]BF(4)), the following compounds were prepared: [1(CO)(2)(PMe(3))]BF(4), [1(CO)(dppv)]BF(4), NEt(4)[1(CO)(CN)(2)], and 1(CO)(CN)(PMe(3))...
- Determination of N-glycosylation site and glycan structures of pectin methylesterase in jelly fig (Ficus awkeotsang) AchenesEric S L Hsiao
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 57:6757-63. 2009Pectin methylesterase (PME) in jelly fig (Ficus awkeotsang) achenes is an N-glycosylated enzyme responsible for the gelation of jelly curd...
- Cystatin B inhibition of TRAIL-induced apoptosis is associated with the protection of FLIP(L) from degradation by the E3 ligase itch in human melanoma cellsF Yang
Immunology and Oncology Unit, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, NSW 2300, Australia
Cell Death Differ 17:1354-67. 2010..In this report we show that cystatin B is another endogenous inhibitor of TRAIL-induced apoptosis...
- 31P MR spectroscopy in assessment of response to antiviral therapy for hepatitis C virus-related liver diseaseAdrian K P Lim
Department of Imaging Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Robert Steiner MRI Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:819-23. 2007An increase in the ratio of phosphomonoester (PME) to phosphodiester (PDE) during 31P MR spectroscopy of the liver has been observed with increasing severity of hepatitis C-related liver disease...
- Ruthenium complexes with cooperative PNP-pincer amine, amido, imine, and enamido ligands: facile ligand backbone functionalization processesAnja Friedrich
Technische Universitat Munchen, Department Chemie, Lichtenbergstr 4, 85747 Garching b, Munchen, Germany
Inorg Chem 49:5482-94. 2010The quantitative formation of enamido complex [Ru(H)PMe(3)(PNP')] (3; PNP' = N(CHCHP(i)Pr(2))(CH(2)CH(2)P(i)Pr(2))) from the reaction of [RuCl(2)PMe(3)(HPNP)] (5; HPNP = HN(CH(2)CH(2)P(i)Pr(2))(2)) with an excess of base (KOtBu) can be ..
- Characterization of the temperature activation of pectin methylesterase in green beans and tomatoesGordon E Anthon
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:204-11. 2006Low-temperature blanching of vegetables activates the enzyme pectin methylesterase (PME), which demethylates cell wall pectins and improves tissue firmness...
- Neuropathological changes in a mouse model of progressive myoclonus epilepsy: cystatin B deficiency and Unverricht-Lundborg diseasePatrick Shannon
Department of Pathobiology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 61:1085-91. 2002..is a recessively inherited neurodegenerative disease caused by loss-of-function mutations in the gene encoding cystatin B, a cysteine protease inhibitor...
- Multiple boron-boron bonds in neutral molecules: an insight from the extended transition state method and the natural orbitals for chemical valence schemeMariusz P Mitoraj
Department of Theoretical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, R Ingardena 3, 30 060 Cracow, Poland
Inorg Chem 50:2168-74. 2011..In the case of molecules with the B═B bond, 2-L, we have included L = PMe(3), PF(3), PCl(3), PH(3), C(3)H(4)N(2)═C(NHCH)(2), whereas for molecules containing the B≡B connection, 3-L, ..
- Chemistry of 11-vertex rhodathiaboranes: reactions with monodentate phosphinesBeatriz Calvo
Instituto Universitario de Catalisis Homogenea, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Dalton Trans 40:6555-64. 2011..that contain the mono-substituted bis-PR(3)-ligated rhodathiaboranes [8,8-(PPh(3))(L)-nido-8,7-RhSB(9)H(10)] [L = PMe(2)Ph (5), PMe(3) (6)] and the corresponding tris-PR(3)-ligated compounds [8,8,8-(L)(3)-nido-8,7-RhSB(9)H(10)] [L = ..
- Discovery and optimization of sulfonyl acrylonitriles as selective, covalent inhibitors of protein phosphatase methylesterase-1Daniel A Bachovchin
The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology and Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Med Chem 54:5229-36. 2011The serine hydrolase protein phosphatase methylesterase-1 (PME-1) regulates the methylesterification state of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) and has been implicated in cancer and Alzheimer's disease...
- Neural network models for biological waste-gas treatment systemsEldon R Rene
Chemical Engineering Laboratory, Faculty of Sciences, University of La Coruna, Rúa da Fraga, 10, E 15008 La Coruña, Spain
N Biotechnol 29:56-73. 2011..bioreactor configurations chosen for this modelling work were: biofilter (BF), continuous stirred tank bioreactor (CSTB) and monolith bioreactor (MB)...
- Blood-brain barrier gene delivery in knock-out mice.EAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2005..promote a gene therapeutic through the BBB of knock-out mice with Lafora's Progressive Myoclonic Epilepsy (PME), after intravenous administration...
- Magnetic Resonance, EEG, and Behavior After CocainePerry Renshaw; Fiscal Year: 2006..and phosphorus- 31 MRS studies noted a pattern of neurochemical change consisting of increased phosphomonoesters (PME) and decreased brain beta nucleoside triphosphate levels ((3-NTP)...
- Modulation of Cystatins and Cathepsins in HIV-1 NeuropathogenesisLOYDA MELENDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..following specific aims: 1) To determine, by analysis of gene and protein expression, how the interplay between cystatin B and cathepsin B regulates HIV-1 infection in macrophages and affects neurotoxic phenotype; 2) To define the ..
- Modulation of Cystatins and Cathepsins in HIV-1 NeuropathogenesisLoyda M Melendez; Fiscal Year: 2010..following specific aims: 1) To determine, by analysis of gene and protein expression, how the interplay between cystatin B and cathepsin B regulates HIV-1 infection in macrophages and affects neurotoxic phenotype;2) To define the roles ..
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Affective IllnessCONSTANCE MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2005..MRS, in particular choline containing compounds (Cho), myo-Inositol containing compounds (Ino), phosphomonoesters (PME), phosphodiesters (PDE) and the nucleotide triphosphates (NTPs)...
- MRI Quantification & Display of Hepatic Fat in Hepatitis C & NAFLD PatientsHero Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our goal is to demonstrate increased PME/PDE ratios with increasing fibrosis...
- Clinical Suspicion of TB: A Technology Assessment ToolAntonino Catanzaro; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Clinical Suspicion of TB (CSTB) instrument pro- vides a summary estimate of the pre-treatment likelihood of TB based on recognized epidemiologic, ..
- Cellular Targets of Polyomavirus Tumor AntigensDavid C Pallas; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the PP2A catalytic subunit by Leucine Carboxy Methyltransferase (LCMT-1) and Protein Methylesterase-1 (PME-1) is the most specific cellular mechanism for regulating PP2A, and thus may have promise as a mechanism-based ..
- Cellular Targets of Polyomavirus Tumor AntigensDAVID PALLAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the PP2A catalytic subunit by Leucine Carboxy Methyltransferase (LCMT-1) and Protein Methylesterase-1 (PME-1) is the most specific cellular mechanism for regulating PP2A, and thus may have promise as a mechanism-based ..
- Cellular Targets of Polyomavirus Tumor AntigensDAVID PALLAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the PP2A catalytic subunit by Leucine Carboxy Methyltransferase (LCMT-1) and Protein Methylesterase-1 (PME-1) is the most specific cellular mechanism for regulating PP2A, and thus may have promise as a mechanism-based ..
- MODELS OF THE CYTOCHROMESFrances Walker; Fiscal Year: 2001..57Fe NMR studies of enriched chelated protoheme isomers with PMe as axial ligand will be used to determine the effect of a fixed ligand plane on the 31P-57Fe coupling constant; ..
- Lafora's Progressive Myoclonus EpilepsyAntonio Delgado Escueta; Fiscal Year: 2003Lafora's PME is an autosomal recessive fatal disorder characterized by childhood learning disorder or adolescent stimuli sensitive myoclonic seizures, ataxia and progressive neurologic deterioration...
- Role of PP2A in tauopathiesEstelle Sontag; Fiscal Year: 2007..subunit can be methylated by a specific methyltransferase (PPMT), and demethylated by a dedicated methylesterase (PME-1), whose properties and regulation in neurons have not yet been explored...
- Magnetic Resonance, EEG, and Behavior After CocaineMarc Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2007..and phosphorus- 31 MRS studies noted a pattern of neurochemical change consisting of increased phosphomonoesters (PME) and decreased brain beta nucleoside triphosphate levels ((3-NTP)...
- PREDICTING HUMAN TUMOR RESPONSE BY 31P MRSTruman Brown; Fiscal Year: 2002..These include elevations in PME, PDE, and of cellular pH, and dimininution of PCr...
- Clinical Suspicion of TB: A Technology Assessment ToolAntonino Catanzaro; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Clinical Suspicion of TB (CSTB) instrument provides a summary estimate of the pre-treatment likelihood of TB based on recognized epidemiologic, ..
- IN VIVO 31P-1H MRSI AND MRI BRAIN STUDIES OF NICOTINEJAY PETTEGREW; Fiscal Year: 2004..phosphocreatine (PCr) and adenosine 5'-triphosphate] and membrane phospholipid metabolism [phosphomonoesters (PME) and phosphodiesters (PDE)] by 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (MRSI) and on measures of N-..
- MR Spectroscropy and Imaging in Head and Neck TumorsHarish Poptani; Fiscal Year: 2007..This hypothesis will be tested with the following specific aims: Aim 1: To evaluate the utility of the PME/13 NTP ratio in predicting and detecting treatment response by 31p MRS, Aim 2: To determine if total choline (Cho) ..