Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSNK2B
Description: casein kinase 2 beta
Alias: CK2B, CK2N, CSK2B, Ckb1, Ckb2, G5A, casein kinase II subunit beta, CK II beta, CSNK2B-LY6G5B-1072, CSNK2B-LY6G5B-1103, CSNK2B-LY6G5B-532, CSNK2B-LY6G5B-560, CSNK2B-LY6G5B-562, Casein kinase II beta subunit, alternative name: G5a, phosvitin, casein kinase 2, beta polypeptide, casein kinase II b subunit splicing isoform 132, casein kinase II b subunit splicing isoform 247, casein kinase II b subunit splicing isoform 318, casein kinase II b subunit splicing isoform 660, casein kinase II b subunit splicing isoform 806, chimera CSNK2B-LY6G5B splicing isoform 1072, chimera CSNK2B-LY6G5B splicing isoform 1103, chimera CSNK2B-LY6G5B splicing isoform 532, chimera CSNK2B-LY6G5B splicing isoform 560, chimera CSNK2B-LY6G5B splicing isoform 562, phosvitin, protein G5a
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Haneda E, Furuya T, Asai S, Morikawa Y, Ohtsuki K. Biochemical characterization of casein kinase II as a protein kinase responsible for stimulation of HIV-1 protease in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;275:434-9 pubmed
- Jensen H, Hjerrild M, Guerra B, Larsen M, Højrup P, Boldyreff B. Phosphorylation of the Fas associated factor FAF1 by protein kinase CK2 and identification of serines 289 and 291 as the in vitro phosphorylation sites. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:577-89 pubmed..These data may help us elucidate the functions of FAF1 and the involvement of CK2 mediated phosphorylation in processes such as apoptotic signaling, ubiquitination, nuclear translocation and embryonic development. ..
- Jakobs A, Himstedt F, Funk M, Korn B, Gaestel M, Niedenthal R. Ubc9 fusion-directed SUMOylation identifies constitutive and inducible SUMOylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:e109 pubmed..Of these, three were constitutively SUMOylated (FOS, CRSP9 and CDC37) while the remaining five substrates (CSNK2B, TAF10, HSF2BP, PSMC3 and DRG1) showed a stimulation-dependent SUMOylation induced by the MAP3 kinase MEKK1...
- Li Z, Wang P, Jiang C, Cui P, Zhang S. Antibacterial activity and modes of action of phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5e against clinical multi-drug resistance bacteria. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;58:370-379 pubmed publisherPt5e, a mutant peptide derived from the C-terminal 55 residues of zebrafish phosvitin, has been suggested to be a novel antibacterial peptide. However, if it is applicable to clinical MDR bacteria remains to be tested...
- Tanasijevic M, Myers M, Thoma R, Crimmins D, White M, Sacks D. Phosphorylation of the insulin receptor substrate IRS-1 by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18157-66 pubmed..Thus, casein kinase II-catalyzed phosphorylation of IRS-1 may be a component of the intracellular insulin signalling cascade. ..
- Heiker J, Wottawah C, Juhl C, Kosel D, M rl K, Beck Sickinger A. Protein kinase CK2 interacts with adiponectin receptor 1 and participates in adiponectin signaling. Cell Signal. 2009;21:936-42 pubmed publisher..g. leptin and insulin, our findings suggest a possible key function in crosstalk between adiponectin and insulin signaling pathways and could provide further insight into the anti-diabetic effects of adiponectin...
- Soufi A, Noy P, Buckle M, Sawasdichai A, Gaston K, Jayaraman P. CK2 phosphorylation of the PRH/Hex homeodomain functions as a reversible switch for DNA binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:3288-300 pubmed publisher..Since these amino acids are conserved between many homeodomain proteins, our results suggest that CK2 may regulate the activity of several homeodomain proteins in this manner. ..
- Moyers J, Zhu J, Kahn C. Effects of phosphorylation on function of the Rad GTPase. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 3):609-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that the binding of Rad to calmodulin, as well as its ability to bind GTP, might be regulated by the activation of several serine kinases. ..
- Uhle S, Medalia O, Waldron R, Dumdey R, Henklein P, Bech Otschir D, et al. Protein kinase CK2 and protein kinase D are associated with the COP9 signalosome. EMBO J. 2003;22:1302-12 pubmed..Curcumin treatment results in elevated amounts of c-Jun-Ub conjugates. We conclude that CK2 and PKD are recruited by CSN in order to regulate Ub conjugate formation. ..
- Wadd S, Bryant H, Filhol O, Scott J, Hsieh T, Everett R, et al. The multifunctional herpes simplex virus IE63 protein interacts with heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein K and with casein kinase 2. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28991-8 pubmed..These data provide important new insights into how this key viral regulatory protein exerts its functions. ..
- Gotz C, Kartarius S, Scholtes P, Montenarh M. Binding domain for p21(WAF1) on the polypeptide chain of the protein kinase CK2 beta-subunit. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;268:882-5 pubmed..We localized an amino-terminal and a carboxy-terminal binding domain. Binding of p21(WAF1) to both regions of the CK2 beta-subunit interferes with the phosphotransferase activity of the CK2 holoenzyme. ..
- Kim Y, Lee J, Son M, Park W, Bae Y. Phosphorylation of threonine 10 on CKBBP1/SAG/ROC2/Rbx2 by protein kinase CKII promotes the degradation of IkappaBalpha and p27Kip1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28462-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that CKII may control IkappaBalpha and p27Kip1 degradation and thereby G1/S phase transition through the phosphorylation of threonine 10 within CKBBP1. ..
- Gujral N, Yoo H, Bamdad F, Lee K, Suh J, Sunwoo H. A Combination of Egg Yolk IgY and Phosvitin Inhibits the Growth of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli K88 and K99. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2017;18:400-409 pubmed publisher..Although, both IgY and egg yolk phosvitin (PV) possess antimicrobial activity, their combined activity has not been explored...
- Zhang X, Huang X, Ma M. Phosphorylated serine clusters of phosvitin plays a crucial role in the regulatory mineralization. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;115:1109-1115 pubmed publisherPhosphorylation of phosvitin has been proved to play an important role in the mineralization, but the active region of phosvitin is still not known yet...
- Swingler S, Gallay P, Camaur D, Song J, Abo A, Trono D. The Nef protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 enhances serine phosphorylation of the viral matrix. J Virol. 1997;71:4372-7 pubmed..Recombinant p21-activated kinase hPAK65, a recently proposed relative of the Nef-associated kinase, achieved a comparable result. Taken together, these data suggest that MA is a target of the Nef-associated serine kinase. ..
- Taylor J, Bren G, Pennington K, Trushin S, Asin S, Paya C. Serine 32 and serine 36 of IkappaBalpha are directly phosphorylated by protein kinase CKII in vitro. J Mol Biol. 1999;290:839-50 pubmed..The identification of an additional N-terminal IkappaBalpha kinase which is constitutively active and not significantly inducible raises numerous possibilities as to its role in cellular function. ..
- Barcia R, López Borges S, Vega F, Lazo P. Kinetic properties of p53 phosphorylation by the human vaccinia-related kinase 1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;399:1-5 pubmed..The kinase phosphorylates p53 with a K(m) of 1 microM and is well suited to respond to the variations of intracellular p53 concentration, which fluctuates as a response to different types of cellular stress. ..
- Szebeni A, Hingorani K, Negi S, Olson M. Role of protein kinase CK2 phosphorylation in the molecular chaperone activity of nucleolar protein b23. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9107-15 pubmed..These studies suggest that unlike many molecular chaperones, which directly hydrolyze ATP, substrate release by protein B23 is dependent on its phosphorylation by CK2. ..
- Schwartz E, Intine R, Maraia R. CK2 is responsible for phosphorylation of human La protein serine-366 and can modulate rpL37 5'-terminal oligopyrimidine mRNA metabolism. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9580-91 pubmed..Consistent with data that indicate that phosphorylation reverses negative effects of npLa on tRNA production, the present data suggest that CK2 phosphorylation of La can affect production of the translational machinery. ..
- French A, Luscher B, Litchfield D. Development of a stabilized form of the regulatory CK2beta subunit that inhibits cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29667-77 pubmed..Overall, our results indicate that a stabilized form of CK2beta can be used to inhibit cell proliferation. ..
- Lee N, Haney J, Sogani J, Blobe G. Casein kinase 2beta as a novel enhancer of activin-like receptor-1 signaling. FASEB J. 2009;23:3712-21 pubmed publisher..Similarly, ALK-1 and CK2beta antagonized endothelial tubule formation in Matrigel. These studies support CK2beta as an important regulator of ALK-1 signaling and ALK-1-mediated functions in endothelial cells. ..
- Tamaru T, Hattori M, Honda K, Nakahata Y, Sassone Corsi P, van der Horst G, et al. CRY Drives Cyclic CK2-Mediated BMAL1 Phosphorylation to Control the Mammalian Circadian Clock. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002293 pubmed publisher..We propose a dual negative-feedback model in which a CRY-dependent CK2-driven posttranslational BMAL1-P-BMAL1 loop is an integral part of the core clock oscillator. ..
- Szebeni A, Mehrotra B, Baumann A, Adam S, Wingfield P, Olson M. Nucleolar protein B23 stimulates nuclear import of the HIV-1 Rev protein and NLS-conjugated albumin. Biochemistry. 1997;36:3941-9 pubmed
- Lubas W, Hanover J. Functional expression of O-linked GlcNAc transferase. Domain structure and substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10983-8 pubmed..Among the many kinases tested, OGT glycosylates glycogen synthase kinase-3 and casein kinase II, two enzymes critical in the regulation of glycogen synthesis...
- Lee G, Tanaka M, Park K, Lee S, Kim Y, Junn E, et al. Casein kinase II-mediated phosphorylation regulates alpha-synuclein/synphilin-1 interaction and inclusion body formation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6834-9 pubmed..These observations collectively indicate that a ubiquitous post-translational modification such as phosphorylation can regulate inclusion body formation in the context of alpha-synuclein and synphilin-1 interaction. ..
- Kristensen L, Larsen M, Højrup P, Issinger O, Guerra B. Phosphorylation of the regulatory beta-subunit of protein kinase CK2 by checkpoint kinase Chk1: identification of the in vitro CK2beta phosphorylation site. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:217-23 pubmed..Formation of a stable complex between CK2beta and Chk1 is not affected by the modification of Thr213 but it does require the presence of an active Chk1 kinase. ..
- Lee W, Lee H, Vo M, Kim H, Ko M, Im Y, et al. Casein kinase 2 regulates the mRNA-destabilizing activity of tristetraprolin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21577-87 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CK2 enhances the protein level and activity of TTP via the modulation of the MKP-1-p38 MAPK signaling pathway and that TGF-?1 enhances the activity of CK2. ..
- Lee Y, Uhm J, Yoon S, Kang J, Kim E, Kang B, et al. The C-terminal domain of PLD2 participates in degradation of protein kinase CKII β subunit in human colorectal carcinoma cells. BMB Rep. 2011;44:572-7 pubmed..Taken together, the results indicate that the C-terminal domain of PLD2 can regulate CKII by accelerating CKIIβ degradation in HCT116 cells. ..
- Lolli G, Naressi D, Sarno S, Battistutta R. Characterization of the oligomeric states of the CK2 ?2?2 holoenzyme in solution. Biochem J. 2017;474:2405-2416 pubmed publisher..A significant novel finding is that a considerable amount of monomer, the active form of CK2, is present also at low salt. The solution properties of CK2 shown in the present study complement the model of regulation by polymerization. ..
- Li M, Li X, Li J, Lu M, Liu X, Duan X. Effects of multiple freeze-thaw treatments on physicochemical and biological activities of egg phosvitin and its phosphopeptides. Food Funct. 2018;9:4602-4610 pubmed publisher..In this work, egg phosvitin (PSV) was subjected to multiple F-T treatments, and the changes in physicochemical and functional properties ..
- Pyerin W. Human casein kinase II: structures, genes, expression and requirement in cell growth stimulation. Adv Enzyme Regul. 1994;34:225-46 pubmed..The CKII alpha' gene has been localized on chromosome 16 with a cDNA probe.).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Taira J, Higashimoto Y. Phosphorylation of Grb14 BPS domain by GSK-3 correlates with complex forming of Grb14 and insulin receptor. J Biochem. 2014;155:353-60 pubmed publisher..We also observed that Ser(366) of endogenous Grb14 in Hep G2 cell was phosphorylated and the phosphorylation was influenced by treatments with insulin, as well as the GSK-3 inhibitor. ..
- Lee J, Moon S, Kim H, Park E, Ahn D, Paik H. Immune-enhancing activity of phosvitin by stimulating the production of pro-inflammatory mediator. Poult Sci. 2017;96:3872-3878 pubmed publisherEgg yolk phosvitin is one of the most phosphorylated proteins in nature, and the extraordinarily high concentration of phosphate groups in its structure provides a strong metal-binding ability...
- Litchfield D, Bosc D, Slominski E. The protein kinase from mitotic human cells that phosphorylates Ser-209 on the casein kinase II beta-subunit is p34cdc2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1269:69-78 pubmed..In addition, these results indicate that the Ser-209 peptide can be utilized as a specific reagent for the assay of p34cdc2 activity in mitotic extracts, since no other Ser-209 peptide kinase activities were detected. ..
- Marin O, Meggio F, Sarno S, Pinna L. Physical dissection of the structural elements responsible for regulatory properties and intersubunit interactions of protein kinase CK2 beta-subunit. Biochemistry. 1997;36:7192-8 pubmed..Residues between 155 and 170 are necessary for the latter functions. ..
- Scott G, Fei H, Thomas L, Medigeshi G, Thomas G. A PACS-1, GGA3 and CK2 complex regulates CI-MPR trafficking. EMBO J. 2006;25:4423-35 pubmed..Our results identify a CK2-controlled cascade regulating hydrolase trafficking and sorting of itinerant proteins in the TGN/endosomal system. ..
- Zou J, Luo H, Huang Z, Dong Z, Zeng Q, Wu D. [Correlation of casein kinase 2? overexpression to the metastatic ability of colorectal cancer cells in vitro]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31:628-32 pubmed..05). Ck2? knockdown obviously inhibited the proliferation and invasiveness of colorectal cancer cells in vitro. The high expression of ck2? in colorectal cancer is closely correlated to the carcinogenesis and metastasis of the tumor. ..
- Palmieri O, Mazzoccoli G, Bossa F, Maglietta R, Palumbo O, Ancona N, et al. Systematic analysis of circadian genes using genome-wide cDNA microarrays in the inflammatory bowel disease transcriptome. Chronobiol Int. 2015;32:903-16 pubmed publisher..Among the core clock genes ARNTL2 and RORA were up-regulated, while CSNK2B, NPAS2, PER1 and PER3 were down-regulated in CD specimens...
- Manzanilla O, de Miranda G, Giupponi A. New Proposal of Setal Homology in Schizomida and Revision of Surazomus (Hubbardiidae) from Ecuador. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147012 pubmed publisher..description of a new group of setae in Hubbardiinae (G7), and division of setae group 5 in two subgroups, G5A and G5B; (3) proposal of segmental homology between trimerous and tetramerous female flagellum in Hubbardiinae with ..
- Liang H, Sheng F, Zhou B, Pei Y, Li B, Li J. Phosphoprotein/chitosan electrospun nanofibrous scaffold for biomineralization. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;102:218-224 pubmed publisherIn this study, negatively charged phosvitin (PV) and positively charged chitosan (CS) were alternately deposited on negatively charged cellulose mats via layer-by-layer (LBL) self-assembly technique...
- Singal S, Nygard K, Dhruv M, Biggar K, Shehab M, Li S, et al. Co-Localization of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1, Casein Kinase-2β, and Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells as Demonstrated by Dual Immunofluorescence and in Situ Proximity Ligation Assay. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:111-124 pubmed publisher..We report interactions between CSNK-2β and IGFBP-1 as well as mTOR and CSNK-2β, providing strong evidence of a mechanistic link between mTOR and IGF-I signaling, two critical regulators of cell growth via CSNK-2. ..
- Kusk M, Ahmed R, Thomsen B, Bendixen C, Issinger O, Boldyreff B. Interactions of protein kinase CK2beta subunit within the holoenzyme and with other proteins. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;191:51-8 pubmed
- Sun Z, Ren H, Liu Y, Teeling J, Gu J. Phosphorylation of RIG-I by casein kinase II inhibits its antiviral response. J Virol. 2011;85:1036-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel mechanism of the regulation of RIG-I activity during RNA virus infection. ..
- Kong H, Kim J, Moon J, Kim W, Kim H, Park J, et al. Characterization, expression profile, and promoter analysis of the Rhodeus uyekii vitellogenin Ao1 gene. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:18804-18 pubmed publisher..polypeptide that belongs to the VgAo1 family and contains a putative signal peptide, lipovitellin I, phosvitin, and lipovitellin II, but does not contain the vWFD domain or the C-terminal peptide...
- Kim S, Kim M, Choi G, Lee J, Kang J, Evensen Ã, et al. Stability and efficacy of the 3'-UTR A4G-G5A variant of viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) as a live attenuated immersion VHSV vaccine in olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vaccine. 2016;34:1097-102 pubmed publisher..In this study, we assessed the safety and efficacy of two recombinant attenuated VHSV strains, termed A4G-G5A and Î”NV, with the purpose to select the most suitable vaccine strain...
- Paul M, Jabbar M. Phosphorylation of both phosphoacceptor sites in the HIV-1 Vpu cytoplasmic domain is essential for Vpu-mediated ER degradation of CD4. Virology. 1997;232:207-16 pubmed..Our studies have thus revealed that both phosphoserines in Vpu are critical participants in a pathway that leads to the proteolysis of CD4 in the ER and that these phosphoserines should be present on the same subunit of the Vpu protein. ..
- Guerra B, Niefind K, Ermakowa I, Issinger O. Characterization of CK2 holoenzyme variants with regard to crystallization. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;227:3-11 pubmed..e. a 40 kDa polypeptide. ..
- Lim A, Tiu S, Li Q, Qi R. Direct regulation of microtubule dynamics by protein kinase CK2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4433-9 pubmed..Taken together, CK2 is a microtubule-associated protein that confers microtubule stability in a phosphorylation-independent manner. ..
- Bek S, Kemler R. Protein kinase CKII regulates the interaction of beta-catenin with alpha-catenin and its protein stability. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4743-53 pubmed..From these results we conclude that CKII regulates the function of beta-catenin in the cadherin adhesion complex as well as its cytoplasmic stability. ..
- Kim Y, Lee K, Jeon H, Yu Y. Protein kinase CK2 is inhibited by human nucleolar phosphoprotein p140 in an inositol hexakisphosphate-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36752-7 pubmed..These observations indicated that hNopp140 serves as a negative regulator of CK2 and that InsP(6) stimulates the activity of CK2 by blocking the interaction between hNopp140 and CK2. ..
- Lilienthal S, Drotleff A, Ternes W. Changes in the protein secondary structure of hen's egg yolk determined by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy during the first eight days of incubation. Poult Sci. 2015;94:68-79 pubmed publisher..e., the pH value of incubated egg yolk, and phosvitin, an important egg yolk protein assumed to play an important role in hematopoiesis as the iron carrier during ..
- Takahashi K, Setoguchi T, Tsuru A, Saitoh Y, Nagano S, Ishidou Y, et al. Inhibition of casein kinase 2 prevents growth of human osteosarcoma. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1141-1147 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that CK2 may be an attractive therapeutic target for treating osteosarcoma. ..
- Sun C, Zhang S. Immune-Relevant and Antioxidant Activities of Vitellogenin and Yolk Proteins in Fish. Nutrients. 2015;7:8818-29 pubmed publisher..However, the roles of Vtg as well as its derived yolk proteins lipovitellin (Lv) and phosvitin (Pv) extend beyond nutritional functions...
- Butcher M, Filipowicz A, Waseem T, McGary C, Crow K, Magilnick N, et al. Atherosclerosis-Driven Treg Plasticity Results in Formation of a Dysfunctional Subset of Plastic IFN?+ Th1/Tregs. Circ Res. 2016;119:1190-1203 pubmed publisher..IFN?, interleukin-2, interleukin-7, CTLA-4 (cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 4), T-cell receptor, and Csnk2b-related pathways in regulating Treg plasticity...
- Niefind K, Guerra B, Ermakowa I, Issinger O. Crystal structure of human protein kinase CK2: insights into basic properties of the CK2 holoenzyme. EMBO J. 2001;20:5320-31 pubmed..Furthermore it shows an inter-domain mobility in the catalytic subunit known to be functionally important in protein kinases and detected here for the first time directly within one crystal structure. ..
- Pallares J, Llobet D, Santacana M, Eritja N, Velasco A, Cuevas D, et al. CK2beta is expressed in endometrial carcinoma and has a role in apoptosis resistance and cell proliferation. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:287-96 pubmed publisher..The results confirm that CK2beta is widely expressed in EC, and suggest a role in cell proliferation and anchorage-independent cell growth. ..
- Park H, Lee S, Lee J, Kim Y, Bae Y, Park J. Phosphorylation of the leucocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p47(phox) by casein kinase 2: conformation-dependent phosphorylation and modulation of oxidase activity. Biochem J. 2001;358:783-90 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that CK2 is the p47(phox) kinase, and that phosphorylation of p47(phox) by CK2 regulates the deactivation of NADPH oxidase. ..
- Zhang S, Dong Y, Cui P. Vitellogenin is an immunocompetent molecule for mother and offspring in fish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;46:710-5 pubmed publisher..Vg was regarded as a female-specific reproductive protein, which is cleaved into yolk proteins such as phosvitin (Pv) and lipovitellin (Lv), stored in egg, providing the nutrients for developing embryos...
- Kim Y, Lee J, Park J, Bae Y. Regulation of protein kinase CKII by direct interaction with the C-terminal region of p47(phox). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:87-93 pubmed
- Raaf J, Bischoff N, Klopffleisch K, Brunstein E, Olsen B, Vilk G, et al. Interaction between CK2? and CK2?, the subunits of protein kinase CK2: thermodynamic contributions of key residues on the CK2? surface. Biochemistry. 2011;50:512-22 pubmed publisher..Identifying residues on CK2? that play a key role in CK2?/CK2? interactions is important for the future generation of small molecule drug design. ..
- Naderi N, Pouliot Y, House J, Doyen A. Effect of Freezing, Thermal Pasteurization, and Hydrostatic Pressure on Fractionation and Folate Recovery in Egg Yolk. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7774-7780 pubmed publisher..Native sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis results showed that phosvitin, ?-livetin, and apovitellenin VIa were the proteins most resistant to HHP...
- Guerra B, Issinger O. p53 and the ribosomal protein L5 participate in high molecular mass complex formation with protein kinase CK2 in murine teratocarcinoma cell line F9 after serum stimulation and cisplatin treatment. FEBS Lett. 1998;434:115-20 pubmed..This is the first evidence that, under physiological conditions, protein kinase CK2 does not exist solely as a heterotetramer, but predominantly in association with other proteins. ..
- Andersen Ø, Xu C, Timmerhaus G, Kirste K, Naeve I, Mommens M, et al. Resolving the complexity of vitellogenins and their receptors in the tetraploid Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): Ancient origin of the phosvitin-less VtgC in chondrichthyean fishes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;84:1191-1202 pubmed publisher..Here, we clarify the evolutionary history of vertebrate Vtgs, including the teleost VtgC, which lacks phosvitin, and investigate the repertoire of Vtgs and VtgRs in the tetraploid Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)...
- Albertella M, Jones H, Thomson W, Olavesen M, Campbell R. Localization of eight additional genes in the human major histocompatibility complex, including the gene encoding the casein kinase II beta subunit (CSNK2B). Genomics. 1996;36:240-51 pubmed..Partial cDNA and complete exonic genomic sequencing of one of the new genes has identified it as the casein kinase II beta subunit (CSNK2B)...
- Ganju R, Shpektor R, Brenner D, Shipp M. CD10/neutral endopeptidase 24.11 is phosphorylated by casein kinase II and coassociates with other phosphoproteins including the lyn src-related kinase. Blood. 1996;88:4159-65 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that CD10/NEP is itself phosphorylated by CKII and that CD10/NEP co-associates with additional tyrosine phosphoproteins including lyn. ..
- Theis Febvre N, Filhol O, Froment C, Cazales M, Cochet C, Monsarrat B, et al. Protein kinase CK2 regulates CDC25B phosphatase activity. Oncogene. 2003;22:220-32 pubmed..We discuss the possibility that CDC25B phosphorylation by CK2 could play a role in the regulation of the activity of CDC25B as a starter of mitosis. ..
- Llorens F, Roher N, Miro F, Sarno S, Ruiz F, Meggio F, et al. Eukaryotic translation-initiation factor eIF2beta binds to protein kinase CK2: effects on CK2alpha activity. Biochem J. 2003;375:623-31 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the ability to associate with CK2 subunits and to serve as a CK2 substrate are confined to different regions in eIF2beta and that it may act as an inhibitor on CK2alpha. ..
- Waxman E, Giasson B. Specificity and regulation of casein kinase-mediated phosphorylation of alpha-synuclein. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:402-16 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel explanations for the presence of hyperphosphorylated Ser129 alpha-syn in pathologic inclusions. ..
- Pyerin W, Ackermann K. Transcriptional coordination of the genes encoding catalytic (CK2alpha) and regulatory (CK2beta) subunits of human protein kinase CK2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;227:45-57 pubmed
- Heller Harrison R, Meisner H, Czech M. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding the beta subunit of human casein kinase II. Biochemistry. 1989;28:9053-8 pubmed..We now describe a HepG2 cell casein kinase II beta subunit cDNA of 2...
- O Brien K, Lemke S, Cocke K, Rao R, Beckmann R. Casein kinase 2 binds to and phosphorylates BRCA1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;260:658-64 pubmed..An analysis by site directed mutagenesis of BRCA1 showed that in vitro phosphorylation by CK2 required a serine at aa1572. These data implicate CK2 as a potential mediator of BRCA1 activity. ..
- Myslinski E, Gérard M, Krol A, Carbon P. A genome scale location analysis of human Staf/ZNF143-binding sites suggests a widespread role for human Staf/ZNF143 in mammalian promoters. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39953-62 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrated that the presence of the SBS alone is sufficient to direct expression of a luciferase reporter gene, suggesting that hStaf/ZNF143 can recruit per se the transcription machinery. ..
- Cao J, Shire K, Landry C, Gish G, Pawson T, Frappier L. Identification of a novel protein interaction motif in the regulatory subunit of casein kinase 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:246-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have identified a new mechanism of CK2 interaction used by viral and cellular proteins. ..
- Nimalaratne C, Wu J. Hen Egg as an Antioxidant Food Commodity: A Review. Nutrients. 2015;7:8274-93 pubmed publisher..occurring compounds including the proteins ovalbumin, ovotransferrin and lysozyme in egg white, as well as phosvitin, carotenoids and free aromatic amino acids in egg yolk...
- Feng Y, Wang Y, Liu H, Liu Z, Mills C, Owzar K, et al. Novel genetic variants in the P38MAPK pathway gene ZAK and susceptibility to lung cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We identified six significant lung cancer risk-associated SNPs in two genes (CSNK2B and ZAK) after correction for multiple comparisons by a false discovery rate (FDR)?<0.20...
- Harney S, Vilariño Güell C, Adamopoulos I, Sims A, Lawrence R, Cardon L, et al. Fine mapping of the MHC Class III region demonstrates association of AIF1 and rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:1761-7 pubmed publisher..The results of the genotyping and expression studies presented here suggest a role for AIF1 in both the aetiology and pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Zhang X, Geng F, Huang X, Ma M. Calcium binding characteristics and structural changes of phosvitin. J Inorg Biochem. 2016;159:76-81 pubmed publisherb>Phosvitin is a unique highly phosphorylated protein that plays a role in the regulation of calcification...
- Wang Y, Cui P, Zhang Y, Yang Q, Zhang S. Augmentation of the antibacterial activities of Pt5-derived antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) by amino acid substitutions: Design of novel AMPs against MDR bacteria. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;77:100-111 pubmed publisher..Pt5, a peptide consisting of the C-terminal 55 residues of zebrafish phosvitin, has been shown to function as an antibacterial agent...
- Schubert U, Henklein P, Boldyreff B, Wingender E, Strebel K, Porstmann T. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 encoded Vpu protein is phosphorylated by casein kinase-2 (CK-2) at positions Ser52 and Ser56 within a predicted alpha-helix-turn-alpha-helix-motif. J Mol Biol. 1994;236:16-25 pubmed..Possible functional and structural homologies of Vpu to the membrane channel-forming M2 protein of influenza A viruses are discussed. ..
- Li D, Meier U, Dobrowolska G, Krebs E. Specific interaction between casein kinase 2 and the nucleolar protein Nopp140. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3773-9 pubmed
- Zhou Y, Li L, Liu Q, Xing G, Kuai X, Sun J, et al. E3 ubiquitin ligase SIAH1 mediates ubiquitination and degradation of TRB3. Cell Signal. 2008;20:942-8 pubmed publisher..Cotransfection of SIAH1 could withdraw up-regulation of TGF-beta signaling by TRB3, suggesting SIAH1-induced degradation of TRB3 represents a potential regulatory mechanism for TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Dixit A, Banerjee J, Srivastava A, Tripathi M, Sarkar C, Kakkar A, et al. RNA-seq analysis of hippocampal tissues reveals novel candidate genes for drug refractory epilepsy in patients with MTLE-HS. Genomics. 2016;107:178-88 pubmed publisher..study identified various genes like FN1 which is central in our analysis, NEUROD6, RELN, TGF?R2, NLRP1, SCRT1, CSNK2B, SCN1B, CABP1, KIF5A and antisense RNAs like AQP4-AS1 and KIRREL3-AS2 providing important insight into the ..
- Vutukuru S, Ganugapati J, Ganesh V, Atheeksha P, Potti R. Endocrine disruption by Bisphenol A, polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ether, in zebra fish (Danio rerio) model: an in silico approach. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1541-1555 pubmed..The pair-wise alignments between vitellogenin with phosvitin, lipovitellin-2 and YGP40 obtained by CLUSTALW alignment suggest that the vitellogenin contained lipovitellin-2- ..
- Lakhey H, Rao A, Prakash V, Krishnaswamy P, Savithri H, Rao N, et al. Affinity properties of phosvitin: interaction of phosvitin with serine hydroxymethyl transferase. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 1999;36:69-76 pubmedThe affinity of phosvitin with serine hydroxymethyl transferase (SHMT), an acidic multi-subunit protein, was evaluated by measurements of enzyme activity, sedimentation velocity, steady-state fluorescence, circular dichroism and kinetic ..
- Meggio F, Marin O, Boschetti M, Sarno S, Pinna L. HIV-1 Rev transactivator: a beta-subunit directed substrate and effector of protein kinase CK2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;227:145-51 pubmed..These data disclose the possibility that, besides displaying protective, regulatory and targeting properties with respect to the catalytic subunit, the CK2 beta subunit also plays a role as a docking site for a subset of CK2 substrates. ..
- Semplici F, Meggio F, Pinna L, Oliviero S. CK2-dependent phosphorylation of the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme UBC3B induces its interaction with beta-TrCP and enhances beta-catenin degradation. Oncogene. 2002;21:3978-87 pubmed..Taken together these data suggest that CK2-dependent phosphorylation of UBC3 and UBC3B functions by regulating beta-TrCP substrate recognition. ..
- Tao R, Fei E, Ying Z, Wang H, Wang G. Casein kinase 2 interacts with and phosphorylates ataxin-3. Neurosci Bull. 2008;24:271-7 pubmed publisher..2) In 293 cells, both wild type and expanded ataxin-3 interacted with CK2beta, but not CK2alpha. (3) CK2 phosphorylated wild type and expanded ataxin-3. Ataxin-3 is a substrate of protein kinase CK2. ..
- Lolli G, Ranchio A, Battistutta R. Active form of the protein kinase CK2 ?2?2 holoenzyme is a strong complex with symmetric architecture. ACS Chem Biol. 2014;9:366-71 pubmed publisher..The dimension and the nature of the ?/? interfaces configure the holoenzyme as a strong complex that does not spontaneously dissociate in solution, in accordance with the low dissociation constant (?4 nM). ..
- Teitz T, Eli D, Penner M, Bakhanashvili M, Naiman T, Timme T, et al. Expression of the cDNA for the beta subunit of human casein kinase II confers partial UV resistance on xeroderma pigmentosum cells. Mutat Res. 1990;236:85-97 pubmed..Nevertheless, our findings suggest the possibility that the cell's response to DNA damage is modulated by CKII-dependent protein phosphorylation. ..