Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSNK2A2
Description: casein kinase 2 alpha 2
Alias: CK2A2, CK2alpha', CSNK2A1, casein kinase II subunit alpha', CK II alpha', casein kinase 2 alpha', casein kinase 2, alpha prime polypeptide
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Yang Feng T, Naiman T, Kopatz I, Eli D, Dafni N, Canaani D. Assignment of the human casein kinase II alpha' subunit gene (CSNK2A1) to chromosome 16p13.2-p13.3. Genomics. 1994;19:173 pubmed
- Lozeman F, Litchfield D, Piening C, Takio K, Walsh K, Krebs E. Isolation and characterization of human cDNA clones encoding the alpha and the alpha' subunits of casein kinase II. Biochemistry. 1990;29:8436-47 pubmed..1 encoded the alpha' subunit. These studies show that there are two distinct catalytic subunits for casein kinase II (alpha and alpha') and that the sequence of these subunits is largely conserved between the bovine and the human. ..
- Upadhyaya A, Khan M, Mou T, Junker M, Gray D, DeJong J. The germ cell-specific transcription factor ALF. Structural properties and stabilization of the TATA-binding protein (TBP)-DNA complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34208-16 pubmed..Thus, a role for ALF in the assembly and stabilization of initiation complexes in germ cells is likely to be similar or identical to the role of TFIIA in somatic cells. ..
- Na J, Lee W, Kim Y, Jeong C, Song S, Cha S, et al. Biophysical characterization of the structural change of Nopp140, an intrinsically disordered protein, in the interaction with CK2?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:181-7 pubmed publisher..Similar technical approaches can be applied to analyze the conformational changes in other IDPs during their interactions with binding partners. ..
- Cappato S, Giacopelli F, Tonachini L, Ravazzolo R, Bocciardi R. Identification of reference genes for quantitative PCR during C3H10T1/2 chondrogenic differentiation. Mol Biol Rep. 2019;: pubmed publisher..Among 12 candidate reference genes (Ap3d1, Csnk2a2, Cdc40, Fbxw2, Fbxo38, Htatsf1, Mon2, Pak1ip1, Zfp91, 18S, ActB, GAPDH) we identified Mon2 and Ap3d1 as the most ..
- Raja N, Jabbar M. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu protein tethered to the CD4 extracellular domain is localized to the plasma membrane and is biologically active in the secretory pathway of mammalian cells: implications for the mechanisms of Vpu function. Virology. 1996;220:141-51 pubmed
- Gottlieb D, O Connor G, Wilk J. Genome-wide association of sleep and circadian phenotypes. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8 Suppl 1:S9 pubmed..These peaks include several candidate sleep-related genes, including CSNK2A2, encoding a known component of the circadian molecular clock, and PROK2, encoding a putative transmitter of the ..
- Zhang T, Ma Y, Fang J, Liu C, Chen L. A Deregulated PI3K-AKT Signaling Pathway in Patients with Colorectal Cancer. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2019;50:35-41 pubmed publisher..expressed genes involved in the PI3K-AKT signaling pathway in CRC tumoral tissue, among which 12 genes, CCND1, CSNK2A1, EIF4E, EIF4EBP1, EIF4G1, FOS, GRB10, GSK3B, ILK, PTK2, PTPN11, and PHEB were significantly up-modulated (> ..
- el Benna J, Faust L, Babior B. The phosphorylation of the respiratory burst oxidase component p47phox during neutrophil activation. Phosphorylation of sites recognized by protein kinase C and by proline-directed kinases. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23431-6 pubmed
- Lazaro J, Boretto J, Selmi B, Capony J, Canard B. Phosphorylation of AZT-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase by casein kinase II in vitro: effects on inhibitor sensitivity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;275:26-32 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of RT might be one factor involved in drug resistance in vivo. ..
- Miravet S, Piedra J, Miro F, Itarte E, Garcia de Herreros A, Duñach M. The transcriptional factor Tcf-4 contains different binding sites for beta-catenin and plakoglobin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1884-91 pubmed..These results indicate that Tcf-4 contains two different sites for binding of beta-catenin and plakoglobin, and the interaction of the latter hinders the transcriptional activity of the complex. ..
- Holowaty M, Zeghouf M, Wu H, Tellam J, Athanasopoulos V, Greenblatt J, et al. Protein profiling with Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen-1 reveals an interaction with the herpesvirus-associated ubiquitin-specific protease HAUSP/USP7. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29987-94 pubmed..The results suggest that USP7 can regulate the replication function of EBNA1 and that EBNA1 may influence cellular events by sequestering key regulatory proteins. ..
- Ferguson A, Sheth P, Basso A, Paliwal S, Gray K, Fischmann T, et al. Structural basis of CX-4945 binding to human protein kinase CK2. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:104-10 pubmed publisher..7 and 1.3 Å, respectively. Biophysical analysis of CX-4945 binding is also described. This data provides the structural rationale for the design of more potent inhibitors against this emerging cancer target. ..
- Zhou B, Ritt D, Morrison D, Der C, Cox A. Protein Kinase CK2? Maintains Extracellular Signal-regulated Kinase (ERK) Activity in a CK2? Kinase-independent Manner to Promote Resistance to Inhibitors of RAF and MEK but Not ERK in BRAF Mutant Melanoma. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17804-15 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of CK2, particularly the ? catalytic subunit (CK2?, CSNK2A1), has been implicated in a wide variety of cancers and is associated with poorer survival and resistance to both ..
- Sacks D, Davis H, Crimmins D, McDonald J. Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of calmodulin. Biochem J. 1992;286 ( Pt 1):211-6 pubmed
- Molkentin J, Li L, Olson E. Phosphorylation of the MADS-Box transcription factor MEF2C enhances its DNA binding activity. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17199-204 pubmed..This phosphorylation site, which corresponds to a CKII recognition site, is conserved in all known MEF2 factors in organisms ranging from flies to humans, consistent with its importance for the functions of MEF2C. ..
- Haga A, Niinaka Y, Raz A. Phosphohexose isomerase/autocrine motility factor/neuroleukin/maturation factor is a multifunctional phosphoprotein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1480:235-44 pubmed
- Homma M, Li D, Krebs E, Yuasa Y, Homma Y. Association and regulation of casein kinase 2 activity by adenomatous polyposis coli protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5959-64 pubmed..These results demonstrate a previously uncharacterized functional interaction between the tumor suppressor protein APC and CK2 and suggest that growth-inhibitory effects of APC may be regulated by inhibition of CK2. ..
- Skjerpen C, Nilsen T, Wesche J, Olsnes S. Binding of FGF-1 variants to protein kinase CK2 correlates with mitogenicity. EMBO J. 2002;21:4058-69 pubmed..A correlation between the mitogenic potential of FGF-1 mutants and their ability to bind to CK2 alpha was observed. The possible involvement of CK2 in the FGF-induced stimulation of DNA synthesis is discussed. ..
- Dankert J, Róna G, Clijsters L, Geter P, Skaar J, Bermudez Hernandez K, et al. Cyclin F-Mediated Degradation of SLBP Limits H2A.X Accumulation and Apoptosis upon Genotoxic Stress in G2. Mol Cell. 2016;64:507-519 pubmed publisher..We propose that cyclin F co-evolved with the appearance of stem-loops in vertebrate H2AFX mRNA to mediate SLBP degradation, thereby limiting H2A.X synthesis and cell death upon genotoxic stress. ..
- Nakashima M, Tohyama J, Nakagawa E, Watanabe Y, Siew C, Kwong C, et al. Identification of de novo CSNK2A1 and CSNK2B variants in cases of global developmental delay with seizures. J Hum Genet. 2019;64:313-322 pubmed publisher..In recent studies, de novo variants in CSNK2A1 and CSNK2B, which encode the subunits of CK2, have been identified in individuals with intellectual disability ..
- Friborg J, Ladha A, Gottlinger H, Haseltine W, Cohen E. Functional analysis of the phosphorylation sites on the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu protein. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1995;8:10-22 pubmed..These results suggest that Vpu-facilitated virion release and delayed cytopathic effect are the consequence of two distinct functional activities of the protein. ..
- Winter B, Kautzner I, Issinger O, Arnold H. Two putative protein kinase CK2 phosphorylation sites are important for Myf-5 activity. Biol Chem. 1997;378:1445-56 pubmed..Some serine49 mutations exhibit reduced nuclear localization and/or protein stability. Our data suggest that CK2-mediated phosphorylation of Myf-5 is required for Myf-5 activity. ..
- Pronin A, Morris A, Surguchov A, Benovic J. Synucleins are a novel class of substrates for G protein-coupled receptor kinases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26515-22 pubmed..These findings suggest that GPCRs may be able to indirectly stimulate PLD2 activity via their ability to regulate GRK-promoted phosphorylation of synuclein. ..
- Cory G, Cramer R, Blanchoin L, Ridley A. Phosphorylation of the WASP-VCA domain increases its affinity for the Arp2/3 complex and enhances actin polymerization by WASP. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1229-39 pubmed..We propose that constitutive VCA domain phosphorylation is required for optimal stimulation of the Arp2/3 complex by WASP. ..
- Ye H, Zhang J, Wang J, Gao Y, Du Y, Li C, et al. CD4 T-cell transcriptome analysis reveals aberrant regulation of STAT3 and Wnt signaling pathways in rheumatoid arthritis: evidence from a case-control study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:76 pubmed publisher..involved in STAT3 (signal transducer and activator of transcription 3) signaling, and three genes (CBL, KLF9, and CSNK2A1) were involved in the Wnt signaling pathway...
- Chen C, Traugh J. Expression of recombinant elongation factor 1 beta from rabbit in Escherichia coli. Phosphorylation by casein kinase II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1264:303-11 pubmed..A. (1994) Biochemistry, 8515-8520). In contrast, purified recombinant EF-1 beta was highly and specifically phosphorylated by casein kinase II; GDP and polylysine had little effect on the rate of phosphorylation of the purified subunit. ..
- Salih E, Zhou H, Glimcher M. Phosphorylation of purified bovine bone sialoprotein and osteopontin by protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16897-905 pubmed
- Bordin L, Vargiu C, Colombatto S, Clari G, Testore G, Toninello A, et al. Casein kinase 2 phosphorylates recombinant human spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase on both serine and threonine residues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;229:845-51 pubmed
- Paul M, Jabbar M. Phosphorylation of both phosphoacceptor sites in the HIV-1 Vpu cytoplasmic domain is essential for Vpu-mediated ER degradation of CD4. Virology. 1997;232:207-16 pubmed..Our studies have thus revealed that both phosphoserines in Vpu are critical participants in a pathway that leads to the proteolysis of CD4 in the ER and that these phosphoserines should be present on the same subunit of the Vpu protein. ..
- Kalafatis M. Identification and partial characterization of factor Va heavy chain kinase from human platelets. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8459-66 pubmed..These data suggest a critical role for factor Va phosphorylation on the surface of platelets in regulating cofactor activity. ..
- Song D, Sussman D, Seldin D. Endogenous protein kinase CK2 participates in Wnt signaling in mammary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23790-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that endogenous CK2 is a positive regulator of Wnt signaling and growth of mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Olsen B, Fischer U, Rasmussen T, Montenarh M, Meese E, Fritz G, et al. Lack of the catalytic subunit of DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PKcs) is accompanied by increased CK2?' levels. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;356:139-47 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, only CK2?' was increased and not the other two subunits of CK2, i.e., CK2? or CK2?. In addition, the increase in CK2?' protein level was also observed in a DNA-PKcs-deficient mouse cell line. ..
- Okur V, Cho M, Henderson L, Retterer K, Schneider M, Sattler S, et al. De novo mutations in CSNK2A1 are associated with neurodevelopmental abnormalities and dysmorphic features. Hum Genet. 2016;135:699-705 pubmed publisher..and dysmorphic features in whom we have identified de novo missense and canonical splice site mutations in CSNK2A1, the gene encoding CK2Î±, the catalytic subunit of protein kinase CK2, a ubiquitous serine/threonine kinase ..
- Luscher B, Kuenzel E, Krebs E, Eisenman R. Myc oncoproteins are phosphorylated by casein kinase II. EMBO J. 1989;8:1111-9 pubmed..Since CK-II can be rapidly activated after mitogen treatment we postulate that CK-II mediated phosphorylation of Myc plays a role in signal transduction to the nucleus. ..
- Bouche G, Baldin V, Belenguer P, Prats H, Amalric F. Activation of rDNA transcription by FGF-2: key role of protein kinase CKII. Cell Mol Biol Res. 1994;40:547-54 pubmed..These results suggest that FGF-2 could act as an activator of rDNA transcription through interactions with the protein kinase CKII. ..
- Kasahara H, Izumo S. Identification of the in vivo casein kinase II phosphorylation site within the homeodomain of the cardiac tisue-specifying homeobox gene product Csx/Nkx2.5. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:526-36 pubmed..5 phosphorylation by CKII remains to be determined, it may play an important role, as this CKII phosphorylation site within the homeodomain is fully conserved in all known members of the NK2 family of the homeobox genes. ..
- Srivenugopal K, Mullapudi S, Shou J, Hazra T, Ali Osman F. Protein phosphorylation is a regulatory mechanism for O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase in human brain tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2000;60:282-7 pubmed..These data provide the first and conclusive evidence of AGT phosphorylation and suggest that reversible phosphorylation may control the activity of this therapeutically important DNA repair protein in human normal and cancer cells. ..
- Keller D, Lu H. p53 serine 392 phosphorylation increases after UV through induction of the assembly of the CK2.hSPT16.SSRP1 complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50206-13 pubmed
- Wilson K, Cruikshank W, Center D, Zhang Y. Prointerleukin-16 contains a functional CcN motif that regulates nuclear localization. Biochemistry. 2002;41:14306-12 pubmed..This is the first description of a functional CcN motif in a cytokine precursor. ..
- Ivatt R, Sanchez Martinez A, Godena V, Brown S, Ziviani E, Whitworth A. Genome-wide RNAi screen identifies the Parkinson disease GWAS risk locus SREBF1 as a regulator of mitophagy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8494-9 pubmed publisher..However, with the recent identification of SREBF1 as a risk locus for sporadic PD, our findings suggest a common mechanistic link between autosomal recessive and sporadic PD, and underscore the importance of mitochondrial homeostasis. ..
- Jabor Gozzi G, Bouaziz Z, Winter E, Daflon Yunes N, Aichele D, Nacereddine A, et al. Converting potent indeno[1,2-b]indole inhibitors of protein kinase CK2 into selective inhibitors of the breast cancer resistance protein ABCG2. J Med Chem. 2015;58:265-77 pubmed publisher..In addition, some of the best ABCG2 inhibitors, which displayed a very low cytotoxicity, thus giving a high therapeutic ratio, and appeared not to be transported, constitute promising candidates for further investigations. ..
- Udartseva O, Andreeva E, Buravkova L. WNT-associated gene expression in human mesenchymal stromal cells under hypoxic stress. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2015;465:354-7 pubmed publisher..In MSCs permanently expanded at 5% O2, Dkk1, RHOA, CSNK1A1, CSNK2A1, GSK3Î², and PORCN genes were most highly expressed...
- Sethi I, Bhat G, Singh V, Kumar R, Bhanwer A, Bamezai R, et al. Role of telomeres and associated maintenance genes in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A review. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;122:92-100 pubmed publisher..Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) in the telomere maintenance genes: TERT, TERC, TNKS, CSNK2A2, TEP1, ACD, TRF1 and TRF2, have shown strong association with telomere attrition in T2DM and its pathophysiology, ..
- Jung E, Kang Y, Kim C. Multiple phosphorylation of chicken protein tyrosine phosphatase 1 and human protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B by casein kinase II and p60c-src in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:238-42 pubmed..These results suggest that both CPTP1 and HPTP1B might play an important role in CKII- and p60c-src-induced signal transduction cascades. ..
- Harada S, Maekawa T, Haneda E, Morikawa Y, Nagata N, Ohtsuki K. Biochemical characterization of recombinant HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (rRT) as a glycyrrhizin-binding protein and the CK-II-mediated stimulation of rRT activity potently inhibited by glycyrrhetinic acid derivative. Biol Pharm Bull. 1998;21:1282-5 pubmed..These results suggest that the anti-HIV-1 effect of oGA may be involved in the selective inhibition of the CK-II-mediated stimulation of HIV-1 RT at the cellular level. ..
- Cardellini E, Nardicchi V, Macchioni L. Identification of a phosphatase activity, toward the phosphopeptide pyroGlu-Asp-Asp-Ser(p)-Asp-Glu-Glu-Asn, in nuclear extract from HL-60 promyelocitic leukaemia cells. Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR. 2000;32:27-33 pubmed..Fractionation in cytoplasm, nuclear and chromatin extracts shows the phosphatase activity to be localized only in the nucleus, but not to be bound to the chromatin. ..
- Bischoff N, Raaf J, Olsen B, Bretner M, Issinger O, Niefind K. Enzymatic activity with an incomplete catalytic spine: insights from a comparative structural analysis of human CK2? and its paralogous isoform CK2?'. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;356:57-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATP looks like an activator of hsCK2? rather than a pure cosubstrate. ..
- Saxena R, Bjonnes A, Prescott J, Dib P, Natt P, Lane J, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies variants in casein kinase II (CSNK2A2) to be associated with leukocyte telomere length in a Punjabi Sikh diabetic cohort. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2014;7:287-95 pubmed publisher..a novel relative telomere length locus at chromosome 16q21 represented by an intronic variant (rs74019828) in the CSNK2A2 gene (?=-0.38; P=4.5×10(-8))...
- Peng B, Wang J, Hu Y, Zhao H, Hou W, Zhao H, et al. Modulation of LSD1 phosphorylation by CK2/WIP1 regulates RNF168-dependent 53BP1 recruitment in response to DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:5936-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that LSD1 phosphorylation modulated by CK2/WIP1 regulates RNF168-dependent 53BP1 recruitment directly in response to DNA damage and cellular sensitivity to DNA damaging agents. ..
- Cui H, Schlesinger J, Schoenhals S, Tönjes M, Dunkel I, Meierhofer D, et al. Phosphorylation of the chromatin remodeling factor DPF3a induces cardiac hypertrophy through releasing HEY repressors from DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2538-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, we present a novel pathway for pathological cardiac hypertrophy, whose inhibition is a long-term therapeutic goal for the treatment of the course of heart failure. ..
- Liu Y, Amin E, Mayo M, Chudgar N, Bucciarelli P, Kadota K, et al. CK2Î±' Drives Lung Cancer Metastasis by Targeting BRMS1 Nuclear Export and Degradation. Cancer Res. 2016;76:2675-86 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify a therapeutically exploitable posttranslational mechanism by which CK2Î±-mediated degradation of BRMS1 promotes metastases in lung cancer. Cancer Res; 76(9); 2675-86. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Chiu A, Pei S, Mak C, Leung G, Yu M, Lee S, et al. Okur-Chung neurodevelopmental syndrome: Eight additional cases with implications on phenotype and genotype expansion. Clin Genet. 2017;: pubmed publisherOkur-Chung syndrome is a neurodevelopmental condition attributed to germline CSNK2A1 pathogenic missense variants...
- Zhang Y, Beck C, Poletti A, Edwards D, Weigel N. Identification of phosphorylation sites unique to the B form of human progesterone receptor. In vitro phosphorylation by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:31034-40 pubmed..Although human PR contains 11 potential CKII consensus sequences, CKII in vitro phosphorylated purified PR-B only at Ser81 suggesting that this may be an authentic site for CKII in vivo. ..
- Isaac C, Marsh K, Paznekas W, Dixon J, Dixon M, Jabs E, et al. Characterization of the nucleolar gene product, treacle, in Treacher Collins syndrome. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3061-71 pubmed..Therefore, cells of TCS patients possess a mechanism to maintain wild-type levels of full-length treacle from a single allele. ..
- Kim Y, Barak L, Caron M, Benovic J. Regulation of arrestin-3 phosphorylation by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16837-46 pubmed..Differences between the regulatory roles of arrestin-2 and -3 phosphorylation may contribute to the different cellular functions of these proteins in G protein-coupled receptor signaling and regulation. ..
- Slattery M, Mullany L, Sakoda L, Samowitz W, Wolff R, Stevens J, et al. The NF-?B signalling pathway in colorectal cancer: associations between dysregulated gene and miRNA expression. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:269-283 pubmed publisher..Two additional genes (CD14 and CSNK2A1) were dysregulated in MSS tumours and two genes (CARD11 and VCAM1) were downregulated and six genes were ..
- Marais R, Hsuan J, McGuigan C, Wynne J, Treisman R. Casein kinase II phosphorylation increases the rate of serum response factor-binding site exchange. EMBO J. 1992;11:97-105 pubmed..CKII phosphorylation thus acts to potentiate SRF-DNA exchange rates rather than alter equilibrium binding affinity. ..
- Jurutka P, Hsieh J, Nakajima S, Haussler C, Whitfield G, Haussler M. Human vitamin D receptor phosphorylation by casein kinase II at Ser-208 potentiates transcriptional activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3519-24 pubmed
- Krantz D, Peter D, Liu Y, Edwards R. Phosphorylation of a vesicular monoamine transporter by casein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6752-9 pubmed..These results provide the first demonstration of phosphorylation of a vesicular neurotransmitter transporter and a potential mechanism for differential regulation of the two VMATs. ..
- Kim M, Lee Y, Kim J, Cha J, Bae Y. Characterization of protein interaction among subunits of protein kinase CKII in vivo and in vitro. Mol Cells. 1998;8:43-8 pubmed..The results of this study also suggest that CKII beta may be involved in the formation of the polymeric structure of the CKII holoenzyme. ..
- Ray Gallet D, Moreau Gachelin F. Phosphorylation of the Spi-B transcription factor reduces its intrinsic stability. FEBS Lett. 1999;464:164-8 pubmed..We propose that the phosphorylation of Spi-B may participate in the modulation of Spi-B functional activity by controlling its intracellular protein level. ..
- Fischer T, Elenko E, Wan L, Thomas G, Farquhar M. Membrane-associated GAIP is a phosphoprotein and can be phosphorylated by clathrin-coated vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:4040-5 pubmed..Our results establish that GAIP is phosphorylated and that only the membrane pool is phosphorylated, suggesting that GAIP can be regulated by phosphorylation events taking place at the level of clathrin-coated pits and vesicles. ..
- Marin O, Sarno S, Boschetti M, Pagano M, Meggio F, Ciminale V, et al. Unique features of HIV-1 Rev protein phosphorylation by protein kinase CK2 ('casein kinase-2'). FEBS Lett. 2000;481:63-7 pubmed
- Niefind K, Bischoff N, Golub A, Bdzhola V, Balanda A, Prykhod ko A, et al. Structural Hypervariability of the Two Human Protein Kinase CK2 Catalytic Subunit Paralogs Revealed by Complex Structures with a Flavonol- and a Thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine-Based Inhibitor. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Further, they document the potential of synthetic ligands to trap unusual conformations of the enzymes and allow to envision a new generation of inhibitors that stabilize such conformations. ..
- Li D, Dobrowolska G, Krebs E. The physical association of casein kinase 2 with nucleolin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:15662-8 pubmed..At present, the physiological significance of the strong interaction between CK2 and nucleolin, an excellent substrate for the enzyme, is not clear. However, this association may be important for regulating rDNA transcription. ..
- Lin A, Frost J, Deng T, Smeal T, Al Alawi N, Kikkawa U, et al. Casein kinase II is a negative regulator of c-Jun DNA binding and AP-1 activity. Cell. 1992;70:777-89 pubmed..These results suggest that one of the roles of CKII, a major nuclear protein kinase with no known functions, is to attenuate AP-1 activity through phosphorylation of c-Jun. ..
- Zhang H, Jiang S, Zhang X, Zhou Z, Pan Q, Chen C, et al. Protein kinase CK2Î± catalytic subunit is overexpressed and serves as an unfavorable prognostic marker in primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:34800-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CK2Î± might play an oncogenic role in HCC, and therefore it could serve as a biomarker for prognostic and therapeutic applications in HCC. ..
- Wong E, Schaefer A, Landreth G, Lemmon V. Casein kinase II phosphorylates the neural cell adhesion molecule L1. J Neurochem. 1996;66:779-86 pubmed..These data show that CKII is associated with and able to phosphorylate L1. This phosphorylation may be important in regulating certain aspects of L1 function, such as adhesivity or signal transduction. ..
- Miller S, Lou D, Seldin D, Lane W, Neel B. Direct identification of PTEN phosphorylation sites. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:145-53 pubmed
- Joyal J, Crimmins D, Thoma R, Sacks D. Identification of insulin-stimulated phosphorylation sites on calmodulin. Biochemistry. 1996;35:6267-75 pubmed publisher..Additional sites remain to be identified. The identification of the insulin-stimulated in vivo tyrosine phosphorylation sites should facilitate the elucidation of the physiological role of phosphocal-modulin...
- Risinger C, Bennett M. Differential phosphorylation of syntaxin and synaptosome-associated protein of 25 kDa (SNAP-25) isoforms. J Neurochem. 1999;72:614-24 pubmed..These findings suggest that although phosphorylation does not directly regulate the assembly of the synaptic SNARE complex, it may serve to modulate SNARE complex function through other proteins, including synaptotagmin I. ..
- Jia Z, Ai X, Teng J, Wang Y, Wang B, Zhang X. p21 and CK2 interaction-mediated HDAC2 phosphorylation modulates KLF4 acetylation to regulate bladder cancer cell proliferation. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8293-304 pubmed publisher..Targeting KLF4 at the post-transcriptional levels may provide novel insight for bladder cancer therapy. ..
- Gelsthorpe M, Pulumati M, McCallum C, Dang Vu K, Tsubota S. The putative cell cycle gene, enhancer of rudimentary, encodes a highly conserved protein found in plants and animals. Gene. 1997;186:189-95 pubmed..A putative shift in the secondary structure of ER caused by the phosphorylation of these sites suggests that CKII may be regulating the activity of the ER in vivo...
- Vincent M, Abdul Jabbar M. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu protein: a potential regulator of proteolysis and protein transport in the mammalian secretory pathway. Virology. 1995;213:639-49 pubmed..We propose that the primary effect of Vpu expression is to impede the secretion process and then access glycoproteins bearing the VRE for Vpu-mediated proteolysis in the ER of mammalian cells. ..
- Jensen H, Hjerrild M, Guerra B, Larsen M, Højrup P, Boldyreff B. Phosphorylation of the Fas associated factor FAF1 by protein kinase CK2 and identification of serines 289 and 291 as the in vitro phosphorylation sites. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:577-89 pubmed..These data may help us elucidate the functions of FAF1 and the involvement of CK2 mediated phosphorylation in processes such as apoptotic signaling, ubiquitination, nuclear translocation and embryonic development. ..
- Pflum M, Tong J, Lane W, Schreiber S. Histone deacetylase 1 phosphorylation promotes enzymatic activity and complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47733-41 pubmed..Our results reinforce the importance of protein associations in modulating HDAC1 function and provide the first step toward characterizing the role of post-translational modifications in regulating HDAC activity in vivo. ..
- Kang H, Jung J, Kim M, Chung J. CK2 is the regulator of SIRT1 substrate-binding affinity, deacetylase activity and cellular response to DNA-damage. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6611 pubmed publisher..Since expression of both CK2 and SIRT1 is upregulated with tumorigenesis and downregulated with senescence, the CK2-SIRT1 link sheds new light on how CK2 may regulate cancer development and aging. ..
- Zanin S, Sandre M, Cozza G, Ottaviani D, Marin O, Pinna L, et al. Chimeric peptides as modulators of CK2-dependent signaling: Mechanism of action and off-target effects. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1854:1694-707 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Inhibitors of Protein Kinases. ..
- Meggio F, D Agostino D, Ciminale V, Chieco Bianchi L, Pinna L. Phosphorylation of HIV-1 Rev protein: implication of protein kinase CK2 and pro-directed kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;226:547-54 pubmed..In contrast, a mutation (R14TV-->EED) which suppresses Rev activity dramatically enhances Rev phosphorylation either in vitro by CK2 or in vivo, suggesting that phosphorylation by CK2 could play a role in Rev down-regulation. ..
- Heesom K, Avison M, Diggle T, Denton R. Insulin-stimulated kinase from rat fat cells that phosphorylates initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 on the rapamycin-insensitive site (serine-111). Biochem J. 1998;336 ( Pt 1):39-48 pubmed
- Foletti D, Lin R, Finley M, Scheller R. Phosphorylated syntaxin 1 is localized to discrete domains along a subset of axons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:4535-44 pubmed..These phosphosyntaxin domains may define fusion sites for a novel class of vesicles outside classical active zones. ..
- Luo H, Chan D, Yang T, Rodriguez M, Chen B, Leng M, et al. A new XRCC1-containing complex and its role in cellular survival of methyl methanesulfonate treatment. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8356-65 pubmed..Collectively, these data provide insights into the SSBR molecular machinery in the cell and point to the involvement of aprataxin in SSBR, thus linking SSBR to the neurological disease AOA. ..
- Le L, Swingler T, Crowe N, Vincent T, Barter M, Donell S, et al. The microRNA-29 family in cartilage homeostasis and osteoarthritis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:583-96 pubmed publisher..Expression profiles revealed regulation of new WNT-related genes. Amongst these, FZD3, FZD5, DVL3, FRAT2, and CK2A2 were validated as direct targets of the miR-29 family...
- ten Klooster J, Sotiriou A, Boeren S, Vaessen S, Vervoort J, Pieters R. Type 2 diabetes-related proteins derived from an in vitro model of inflamed fat tissue. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2018;644:81-92 pubmed publisher..visceral fat of obese non-diabetic and obese diabetic subjects, indicated that AUH, NAGK, pCYT2, NNMT, STK39 and CSNK2A2 might indeed be linked to insulin resistance in humans...
- Roosbeek S, Peelman F, Verhee A, Labeur C, Caster H, Lensink M, et al. Phosphorylation by protein kinase CK2 modulates the activity of the ATP binding cassette A1 transporter. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37779-88 pubmed..Our data, therefore, suggest that besides protein kinase A and C, protein kinase CK2 might play an important role in vivo in regulating the function and transport activity of ABCA1 and possibly of other members of the ABCA subfamily...
- Zhang S, Yang Y, Wang Y, You B, Dai Y, Chan G, et al. CK2Î±, over-expressed in human malignant pleural mesothelioma, regulates the Hedgehog signaling pathway in mesothelioma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2014;33:93 pubmed publisher..Thus, we report for the first time that over-expressed CK2Î± positively regulate Hh/Gli1 signaling in human mesothelioma. ..
- GutiÃ©rrez Monreal M, Villela L, Baltazar S, Perfecto Avalos Y, Cardineau G, Scott S. A PER3 polymorphism is associated with better overall survival in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in Mexican population. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:699-705 pubmed publisher..Sixteen high-risk non-synonymous polymorphisms in circadian genes (CLOCK, CRY2, CSNK1E, CSNK2A1, NPAS2, PER1, PER2, PER3, PPP2CA, and TIM) were genotyped by screening PCR...
- Cong W, Meng X, Li J, Zhang Q, Chen F, Liu W, et al. Genome-wide network-based pathway analysis of CSF t-tau/AÎ²1-42 ratio in the ADNI cohort. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:421 pubmed publisher..tau phosphorylation (GSK3B, SUMO1, AKAP5, CALM1 and DLG4), amyloid beta production (CASP8, PIK3R1, PPA1, PARP1, CSNK2A1, NGFR, and RHOA), and AD (BCL3, CFLAR, SMAD1, and HIF1A)...