Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSNK1D
Description: casein kinase 1 delta
Alias: ASPS, CKIdelta, FASPS2, HCKID, casein kinase I isoform delta, casein kinase I, CKI-delta, CKId, tau-protein kinase CSNK1D
- Role of COOH-terminal phosphorylation in the regulation of casein kinase I deltaP R Graves
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5122, USA
J Biol Chem 270:21689-94. 1995b>Casein kinase I delta is a member of the casein kinase I (CKI) family, a group of second messenger independent protein kinases. We present evidence that the COOH-terminal domain of CKI delta has regulatory properties...
- p53 is phosphorylated in vitro and in vivo by the delta and epsilon isoforms of casein kinase 1 and enhances the level of casein kinase 1 delta in response to topoisomerase-directed drugsU Knippschild
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, UK
Oncogene 15:1727-36. 1997..These data suggest that p53 is phosphorylated by CK1delta and CK1epsilon and additionally that there may be a regulatory feedback loop involving p53 and CK1delta...
- An evaluation of polymorphisms in casein kinase 1 delta and epsilon genes in major psychiatric disordersShinji Matsunaga
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Neurosci Lett 529:66-9. 2012..for enhancing the susceptibility to these psychiatric disorders, we selected two circadian rhythm-related genes (CSNK1D and CSNK1E) and investigated genetic associations of the genes with these three disorders...
- Human casein kinase Idelta phosphorylation of human circadian clock proteins period 1 and 2F Camacho
CNS Molecular Biology and Genomics, Aventis Pharmaceuticals Inc, Bridgewater, NJ 08807, USA
FEBS Lett 489:159-65. 2001..Immunohistochemical staining of rat brains demonstrates that CKIdelta protein is localized in the suprachiasmatic nuclei, the central location of the master clock...
- Circadian metabolic regulation through crosstalk between casein kinase 1δ and transcriptional coactivator PGC-1αSiming Li
Life Sciences Institute and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:2084-93. 2011..Together, these results elucidate a novel mechanism through which circadian pacemaker transduces timing signals to the metabolic regulatory network that controls hepatic energy metabolism...
- Casein kinase 1 delta (CK1delta) interacts with the SNARE associated protein snapinSonja Wolff
Clinic of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, the Medical University of Ulm, Steinhovelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
FEBS Lett 580:6477-84. 2006..The identification of snapin as a new substrate of CK1delta points towards a possible function for CK1delta in modulating snapin specific functions...
- Inhibition of casein kinase I delta alters mitotic spindle formation and induces apoptosis in trophoblast cellsMartin Stöter
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Oncogene 24:7964-75. 2005The serine/threonine-specific casein kinase I delta (CKIdelta) is ubiquitously expressed in all tissues, is p53 dependently induced in stress situations and plays an important role in various cellular processes...
- Functional consequences of a CKIdelta mutation causing familial advanced sleep phase syndromeYing Xu
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 2922, USA
Nature 434:640-4. 2005..to be well-characterized, and was shown to result from a mutation in a phosphorylation site within the casein kinase I (CKI)-binding domain of the human PER2 gene...
- PML enhances the regulation of p53 by CK1 in response to DNA damageO Alsheich-Bartok
Department of Immunology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Oncogene 27:3653-61. 2008..We propose that following DNA damage, PML facilitates Thr18 phosphorylation by recruiting p53 and CK1 into PML nuclear bodies, thereby protecting p53 from inhibition by Mdm2, leading to p53 activation...
- Phosphorylation by casein kinase I promotes the turnover of the Mdm2 oncoprotein via the SCF(beta-TRCP) ubiquitin ligaseHiroyuki Inuzuka
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 18:147-59. 2010..Here, we report that Mdm2 is rapidly degraded after DNA damage and that phosphorylation of Mdm2 by casein kinase I (CKI) at multiple sites triggers its interaction with, and subsequent ubiquitination and destruction, by SCF(..
- Casein kinase 1 delta phosphorylates tau and disrupts its binding to microtubulesGuibin Li
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, Ohio State Biochemistry Program, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 279:15938-45. 2004..Here we characterized the contribution of one CK1 isoform, Ckidelta, to the phosphorylation of tau at residues Ser202/Thr205 and Ser396/Ser404 in human embryonic kidney 293 cells ..
- Casein kinase 1 delta functions at the centrosome to mediate Wnt-3a-dependent neurite outgrowthYoshimi Endo Greer
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 192:993-1004. 2011..These results provide strong evidence that the centrosomal localization of CK1δ is required for Wnt-3a-dependent neuritogenesis...
- Centrosomal anchoring of the protein kinase CK1delta mediated by attachment to the large, coiled-coil scaffolding protein CG-NAP/AKAP450James E Sillibourne
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland DD1 9SY, UK
J Mol Biol 322:785-97. 2002Protein kinase CK1 (formerly termed casein kinase I) is ubiquitous in eukaryotic cells and comprises a family of as many as 14 isoforms (including splice variants) in mammalian cells...
- Casein kinase I regulates membrane binding by ARF GAP1Sidney Yu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9038, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:2559-70. 2002..by a factor in cytosol and this increase was inhibited by IC261, an inhibitor selective for casein kinase Idelta (CKIdelta), or when cytosol was treated with antibody to CKIdelta...
- Control of beta-catenin phosphorylation/degradation by a dual-kinase mechanismChunming Liu
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 108:837-47. 2002..Our study uncovers distinct roles and steps of beta-catenin phosphorylation, identifies CKIalpha as a component in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, and has implications to pathogenesis/therapeutics of human cancers and diabetes...
- Casein kinase I delta controls centrosome positioning during T cell activationDeborah Zyss
Li Ka Shing Centre, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge CB2 0RE, England, UK
J Cell Biol 195:781-97. 2011..In this paper, we uncover a critical requirement for the centrosomal casein kinase I delta (CKIδ) in centrosome translocation to the IS...
- Casein kinase I phosphorylates and destabilizes the beta-catenin degradation complexZhong Hua Gao
Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 East North Campus Drive, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5550, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1182-7. 2002Wnt signaling plays a key role in cell proliferation and development. Recently, casein kinase I (CKI) and protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) have emerged as positive and negative regulators of the Wnt pathway, respectively...
- SCF(β-TRCP) suppresses angiogenesis and thyroid cancer cell migration by promoting ubiquitination and destruction of VEGF receptor 2Shavali Shaik
Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Department of Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Exp Med 209:1289-307. 2012..We show that the ubiquitin E3 ligase SCF(β-TRCP) promotes ubiquitination and destruction of VEGFR2 in a casein kinase I (CKI)-dependent manner...
- Catalytic activity of protein kinase CK1 delta (casein kinase 1delta) is essential for its normal subcellular localizationD M Milne
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 263:43-54. 2001..Localization is a property of the protein kinase domain and is independent of the C-terminal noncatalytic domain. These data are consistent with roles for CK1delta in mammalian cells analogous to those of its yeast counterparts...
- DNA damage-induced activation of ATM promotes β-TRCP-mediated Mdm2 ubiquitination and destructionZhiwei Wang
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Oncotarget 3:1026-35. 2012..we identified SCFβ-TRCP as a novel E3 ligase that targets Mdm2 for ubiquitination and destruction in a Casein Kinase Iδ (CKIδ)-dependent manner...
- Interaction of casein kinase 1 delta (CK1delta) with post-Golgi structures, microtubules and the spindle apparatusL Behrend
Heinrich Pette Institut fur experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie an der Universitat Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 79:240-51. 2000..The high affinity of CK1delta to the spindle apparatus in DNA-damaged cells and its ability to phosphorylate several microtubule-associated proteins points to a regulatory role of CK1delta at mitosis...
- Isolation and characterization of human casein kinase I epsilon (CKI), a novel member of the CKI gene familyK J Fish
Program in Human Molecular Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 270:14875-83. 1995The casein kinase I (CKI) gene family is a rapidly enlarging group whose members have been implicated in the control of cytoplasmic and nuclear processes, including DNA replication and repair...
- Crystallographic studies of casein kinase I delta toward a structural understanding of auto-inhibitionK L Longenecker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 54:473-5. 1998A recombinant form of mammalian casein kinase I delta (CKIdelta) containing the catalytic domain and an auto-inhibitory domain was expressed in Escherichia coli, purified and crystallized. X-ray data were collected to 2...
- Casein kinase 1 proteomics reveal prohibitin 2 function in molecular clockLorna S Kategaya
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31987. 2012..Thus, isolating CK1 protein complexes led to the identification of PHB2 as an inhibitor of circadian transcription. Furthermore, we show that CK1δ and CK1ε differentially regulate the expression of PHB2...
- Large-scale RNA interference screening in mammalian cells identifies novel regulators of mutant huntingtin aggregationTomoyuki Yamanaka
Department of Neuroscience for Neurodegenerative Disorders, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan Laboratory for Structural Neuropathology, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan Laboratory for Molecular Mechanisms of Thalamus Development, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan CREST Core Research for Evolutionary Science and Technology, JST, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e93891. 2014..sensitive to proteasome inhibition, some of them, such as a transcription factor Tcf20, and kinases Csnk1d and Pik3c2a, are insensitive to it...
- Hrr25: an emerging major player in selective autophagy regulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeHitoshi Nakatogawa
a Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology Tokyo Institute of Technology Yokohama, Japan
Autophagy 11:432-3. 2015..Recently, we found that Hrr25, a homolog of CSNK1D/casein kinase 1δ, regulates 3 of 4 selective autophagy-related pathways in the budding yeast Saccharomyces ..
- Genomewide Histone H3 Lysine 9 Acetylation Profiling in CD4+ T Cells Revealed Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Deficiency in Patients with Acute-on-chronic Liver FailureL Jin
Department of Infectious Diseases, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
Scand J Immunol 82:452-9. 2015..analysis showed endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, or downstream pathway-related genes, such as BIP, ATF4, PER1, CSNK1D, IRF3, BNIP1, AKT1 and UBC, were differentially modified in ACLF...
- CK1δ activity is modulated by CDK2/E- and CDK5/p35-mediated phosphorylationChiara Ianes
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Surgery Centre, Ulm University Hospital, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Amino Acids 48:579-92. 2016..These findings extend our knowledge about CK1δ regulation and may be of use for future development of CK1-related therapeutic strategies in the treatment of neurological diseases or cancer...
- Therapeutic targeting of casein kinase 1δ in breast cancerLaura H Rosenberg
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL 33458, USA Cancer Research Technology Discovery Laboratories, Jonas Webb Building, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, CB22 3AT, UK
Sci Transl Med 7:318ra202. 2015..We demonstrate that CSNK1D is amplified and/or overexpressed in human breast tumors and that casein kinase 1δ (CK1δ) is a vulnerability of ..
- CK1δ kinase activity is modulated by protein kinase C α (PKCα)-mediated site-specific phosphorylationZhigang Meng
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Amino Acids 48:1185-97. 2016..Taken together, these data contribute to a deeper understanding of cellular signal transduction networks thereby helping to form a basis for the development of future therapeutic concepts...
- Lack of Casein Kinase 1 Delta Promotes Genomic Instability - The Accumulation of DNA Damage and Down-Regulation of Checkpoint Kinase 1Yoshimi Endo Greer
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 12:e0170903. 2017..We observed cells with abnormally large nuclei in tissue from Csnk1d null embryos, and multiple centrosomes in mouse embryo fibroblasts (MEFs) deficient in CK1δ (MEFCsnk1d null)...
- Dysbindin structural homologue CK1BP is an isoform-selective binding partner of human casein kinase-1Haishan Yin
Center for Molecular Neurobiology and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biochemistry 45:5297-308. 2006..recruit these enzymes toward disease lesions, a Sos-recruitment yeast two-hybrid screen was performed with human Ckidelta (the casein kinase-1 isoform most closely linked to granulovacuolar degeneration bodies) and a human brain cDNA ..
- Relationship between a point mutation S97C in CK1δ protein and its affect on ATP-binding affinityAmbuj Kumar
a Bioinformatics Division, School of Bio Sciences and Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology University, Vellore, 632014, Tamil Nadu, India
J Biomol Struct Dyn 32:394-405. 2014CK1δ (Casein kinase I isoform delta) is a member of CK1 kinase family protein that mediates neurite outgrowth and the function as brain-specific microtubule-associated protein...
- Casein kinase iδ mutations in familial migraine and advanced sleep phaseK C Brennan
Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Sci Transl Med 5:183ra56, 1-11. 2013..We identified two families, each with a distinct missense mutation in the gene encoding casein kinase Iδ (CKIδ), in which the mutation cosegregated with both the presence of migraine and advanced sleep phase...
- Sit4p/PP6 regulates ER-to-Golgi traffic by controlling the dephosphorylation of COPII coat subunitsDeepali Bhandari
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Biol Cell 24:2727-38. 2013..In vitro, Sit4p dephosphorylates COPII coat subunits. Consistent with a role in coat recycling, Sit4p and its mammalian orthologue, PP6, regulate traffic from the ER to the Golgi complex. ..
- SCF β-TRCP targets MTSS1 for ubiquitination-mediated destruction to regulate cancer cell proliferation and migrationJiateng Zhong
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Oncotarget 4:2339-53. 2013..Mechanistically, we defined that Casein Kinase Iδ (CKIδ) phosphorylates Ser322 to trigger MTSS1's interaction with β-TRCP for subsequent ubiquitination and ..
- Identification of a novel Wnt5a-CK1ɛ-Dvl2-Plk1-mediated primary cilia disassembly pathwayKyung Ho Lee
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 31:3104-17. 2012..This study may provide new insights into the mechanism underlying ciliary disassembly processes and various cilia-related disorders...
- CK1δ and CK1ε are components of human 40S subunit precursors required for cytoplasmic 40S maturationIvo Zemp
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 127:1242-53. 2014..Together, these data demonstrate that CK1δ and CK1ε play a decisive role in triggering late steps of pre-40S maturation that are required for acquisition of functionality of 40S ribosomal subunits in protein translation...
- Casein kinase 1δ functions at the centrosome and Golgi to promote ciliogenesisYoshimi Endo Greer
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Mol Biol Cell 25:1629-40. 2014..Mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) and retinal cells from Csnk1d (CK1δ)-null mice also exhibit ciliogenesis defects...
- SCF(β-TRCP)-mediated degradation of NEDD4 inhibits tumorigenesis through modulating the PTEN/Akt signaling pathwayJia Liu
Center for Mitochondrial Biology and Medicine, The Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology and Frontier Institute of Life Science, FIST, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Oncotarget 5:1026-37. 2014....
- Casein kinase 1 regulates connexin-43 gap junction assemblyCynthia D Cooper
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44962-8. 2002..These data suggest CK1delta could regulate Cx43 gap junction assembly by directly phosphorylating Cx43...
- Casein kinase 1δ-dependent Wee1 protein degradationClara Penas
From the Center for Therapeutic Innovation, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and
J Biol Chem 289:18893-903. 2014..Pharmacological inhibition, siRNA knockdown, or conditional deletion of CK1δ also reduced Wee1 turnover. Thus, these studies define a previously unappreciated role for CK1δ in controlling the cell cycle. ..
- Acute inhibition of casein kinase 1δ/ε rapidly delays peripheral clock gene rhythmsD J Kennaway
Robinson Research Institute, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, 5005, Australia
Mol Cell Biochem 398:195-206. 2015..are generated through a transcription-translation feedback loop involving clock genes and the casein kinases CSNK1D and CSNK1E...
- The Hippo pathway regulates Wnt/beta-catenin signalingXaralabos Varelas
Center for Systems Biology, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Dev Cell 18:579-91. 2010..These results uncover a cytoplasmic function of TAZ in regulating Wnt signaling and highlight the role of the Hippo pathway in coordinating morphogenetic signaling with growth control...
- Effects of altered expression and activity levels of CK1δ and ɛ on tumor growth and survival of colorectal cancer patientsJulia Richter
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Ulm University Hospital, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 136:2799-810. 2015....
- A comparative study of structural and conformational properties of casein kinase-1 isoforms: insights from molecular dynamics and principal component analysisSurya Pratap Singh
Center of Bioinformatics, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India Electronic address
J Theor Biol 371:59-68. 2015..Further, this paper as a first effort to concurrently study all the three isoforms of CK1 provides structural basis for development of common anticancer therapeutics against three isoforms of CK1. ..
- Gene expression levels of Casein kinase 1 (CK1) isoforms are correlated to adiponectin levels in adipose tissue of morbid obese patients and site-specific phosphorylation mediated by CK1 influences multimerization of adiponectinPengfei Xu
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 406:87-101. 2015..In summary, our data indicate that site-specific phosphorylation of adiponectin, especially at sites targeted by CK1δ in vitro, provides an additional regulatory mechanism for modulating adiponectin complex formation and function. ..
- CK1δ restrains lipin-1 induction, lipid droplet formation and cell proliferation under hypoxia by reducing HIF-1α/ARNT complex formationMaria Kourti
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Cell Signal 27:1129-40. 2015..These data reveal a novel role for CK1δ in regulating lipid metabolism and, through it, cell adaptation to low oxygen conditions. ..
- Ypt1/Rab1 regulates Hrr25/CK1δ kinase activity in ER-Golgi traffic and macroautophagyJuan Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093
J Cell Biol 210:273-85. 2015..These studies are likely to serve as a paradigm for how CK1 kinases act in membrane traffic. ..
- Proteolytic fragments of the Alzheimer's disease associated presenilins-1 and -2 are phosphorylated in vivo by distinct cellular mechanismsJ Walter
Department of Molecular Biology, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Biochemistry 37:5961-7. 1998..Interestingly, the potential phosphorylation sites are located directly adjacent to the recently identified caspase cleavage sites...
- Phosphorylation of TAR DNA-binding Protein of 43 kDa (TDP-43) by Truncated Casein Kinase 1δ Triggers Mislocalization and Accumulation of TDP-43Takashi Nonaka
From the Dementia Research Project and
J Biol Chem 291:5473-83. 2016..Therefore, abnormal activation of CK1δ causes phosphorylation of TDP-43, leading to the formation of cytoplasmic TDP-43 aggregates, which, in turn, may trigger neurodegeneration. ..
- Novel phosphorylation sites in tau from Alzheimer brain support a role for casein kinase 1 in disease pathogenesisDiane P Hanger
MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, Department of Neuroscience, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:23645-54. 2007....
- HIF-2α phosphorylation by CK1δ promotes erythropoietin secretion in liver cancer cells under hypoxiaEvanthia Pangou
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Biopolis, Larissa 41500, Greece
J Cell Sci 129:4213-4226. 2016..Here, we demonstrate that casein kinase 1δ (CK1δ; also known as CSNK1D) phosphorylates HIF-2α at Ser383 and Thr528 in vitro We found that disruption of these phosphorylation sites, and ..
- Human four-and-a-half LIM family members suppress tumor cell growth through a TGF-beta-like signaling pathwayLihua Ding
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Clin Invest 119:349-61. 2009..By establishing a link between FHL proteins and Smad proteins, this study identifies what we believe to be a novel TGF-beta-like signaling pathway and indicates that FHL proteins may be useful molecular targets for cancer therapy...
- Differential patterns in the periodicity and dynamics of clock gene expression in mouse liver and stomachGianluigi Mazzoccoli
Department of Medical Sciences, Division of Internal Medicine and Chronobiology Unit, IRCCS Scientific Institute and Regional General Hospital Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, S Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Chronobiol Int 29:1300-11. 2012..the expression of Bmal1, Clock, Cry1, Cry2, Per1, Per2, Per3, Rev-erbα, Rev-erbβ, Npas2, Timeless, Dbp, Csnk1d, and Csnk1e by using real-time quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in mouse ..
- PTPN14 is required for the density-dependent control of YAP1Wenqi Wang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 26:1959-71. 2012..Collectively, these data suggest that PTPN14 acts to suppress cell proliferation by promoting cell density-dependent cytoplasmic translocation of YAP1...
- Viral E3 ubiquitin ligase-mediated degradation of a cellular E3: viral mimicry of a cellular phosphorylation mark targets the RNF8 FHA domainMira S Chaurushiya
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell 46:79-90. 2012..We demonstrate that this mechanism may constitute a broader viral strategy to target other cellular factors, highlighting the importance of this region of the ICP0 protein in countering intrinsic antiviral defenses...
- A genome-wide survey of photoreceptor and circadian genes in the coral, Acropora digitiferaEiichi Shoguchi
Marine Genomics Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Onna, Okinawa 904 0495, Japan
Gene 515:426-31. 2013..clock genes: four clock, one bmal/cycle, three pdp1-like, one creb/atf, one sgg/zw3, two ck2alpha, one dco (csnk1d/cnsk1e), one slim/BTRC, and one grinl...
- Binding of p53 to the central domain of Mdm2 is regulated by phosphorylationRoman Kulikov
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:28575-83. 2006..p53 mutants that have mutations in the tetramerization domain and that fail to oligomerize do not show such an enhancement of binding in the presence of the other binding site...
- A new function of ROD1 in nonsense-mediated mRNA decayT F Brazão
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 586:1101-10. 2012..Finally, we show through RIP-seq that ROD1 and UPF1 associate with a significant number of common transcripts...
- The Alzheimer's disease-associated presenilins are differentially phosphorylated proteins located predominantly within the endoplasmic reticulumJ Walter
Central Institute of Mental Health, Department of Molecular Biology, Mannheim, Germany
Mol Med 2:673-91. 1996..Mutations in the recently cloned Presenilin genes (PS-1 and PS-2) are by far the most common cause of early onset familial AD...
- Regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 catalytic activity by phosphorylationP Sharma
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11156-60. 1999..We also show that casein kinase I, but not casein kinase II, can phosphorylate and activate cdk5 in vitro.
- Regulation of casein kinase I epsilon and casein kinase I delta by an in vivo futile phosphorylation cycleA Rivers
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 273:15980-4. 1998b>Casein kinase I delta (CKIdelta) and casein kinase I epsilon (CKIepsilon) have been implicated in the response to DNA damage, but the understanding of how these kinases are regulated remains incomplete...
- Protein kinase CK1 is a p53-threonine 18 kinase which requires prior phosphorylation of serine 15N Dumaz
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 463:312-6. 1999....
- Phosphorylation of presenilin-2 regulates its cleavage by caspases and retards progression of apoptosisJ Walter
Central Institute of Mental Health, Department of Molecular Biology, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1391-6. 1999..Alterations in the phosphorylation of PS-2 may therefore promote the pathogenesis of AD by affecting the susceptibility of neurons to apoptotic stimuli...
- Sequence analysis of the cDNA for the human casein kinase I delta (CSNK1D) gene and its chromosomal localizationJ Kusuda
Division of Genetic Resources, National Institute of Health, Tokyo, Japan
Genomics 32:140-3. 1996A cDNA clone coding for human casein kinase I (CK1) has been isolated and sequenced. The insert of 1911 bp contained an open reading frame of 415 amino acids...
- Association study of 21 circadian genes with bipolar I disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and schizophreniaHader A Mansour
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:701-10. 2009..The results are plausible, based on prior studies of circadian abnormalities. As replications have not been attempted uniformly, we evaluated representative, common polymorphisms in all three disorders...
- Disease-associated casein kinase I delta mutation may promote adenomatous polyps formation via a Wnt/beta-catenin independent mechanismI Chun Tsai
Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Int J Cancer 120:1005-12. 2007..Two closely related isoforms of casein kinase I (CKIdelta and epsilon) are positive regulators of this pathway...
- Breast cancer molecular signatures as determined by SAGE: correlation with lymph node statusMartin C Abba
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, P O Box 389, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:881-90. 2007..001), TPD52L1 (P=0.007), ZFP36L1 (P=0.011), PLINP1 (P=0.013), DCTN3 (P=0.025), DEK (P=0.031), and CSNK1D (P=0.04) in lymph node (+) breast carcinomas. Moreover, the DCTN3 (P=0.022) and RHBDD2 (P=0...
- Phosphorylation at Ser244 by CK1 determines nuclear localization and substrate targeting of PKD2J von Blume
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
EMBO J 26:4619-33. 2007....
- Clock genes may influence bipolar disorder susceptibility and dysfunctional circadian rhythmJiajun Shi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1047-55. 2008..of 36 trios and 79 quads (Sample I), and 10 circadian genes (ARNTL, ARNTL2, BHLHB2, BHLHB3, CLOCK, CRY1, CSNK1D, CSNK1E, DBP, and NR1D1) in an extended family collection of 70 trios and 237 quads (Sample II), which includes ..
- Involvement of casein kinase Iepsilon in cytokine-induced granulocytic differentiationAtsuo Okamura
Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Blood 103:2997-3004. 2004Two closely related casein kinase I (CKI) isoforms, CKIdelta and CKIepsilon, are ubiquitously expressed in many human tissues, but their specific biologic function remains to be clarified...
- Setting clock speed in mammals: the CK1 epsilon tau mutation in mice accelerates circadian pacemakers by selectively destabilizing PERIOD proteinsQing Jun Meng
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Neuron 58:78-88. 2008....
- Association of genetic variation in genes implicated in the beta-catenin destruction complex with risk of breast cancerXianshu Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Stabile 2 42, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2101-8. 2008..contribution of genetic variation in six genes encoding the beta-catenin destruction complex (APC, AXIN1, AXIN2, CSNK1D, CSNK1E, and GSK3B) to breast cancer using a Mayo Clinic Breast Cancer Case-Control Study...
- Phenotypic effects of genetic variability in human clock genes on circadian and sleep parametersMalcolm von Schantz
University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, UK
J Genet 87:513-9. 2008..the advanced type cosegrating in an autosomal dominant inheritance pattern with mutations in the genes PER2 and CSNK1D, and the delayed type associating without discernible Mendelian inheritance with polymorphisms in CLOCK and PER3...
- Casein kinase 1 delta regulates the pace of the mammalian circadian clockJean Pierre Etchegaray
Department of Neurobiology, LRB 723, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:3853-66. 2009..and CK1epsilon in the circadian clock mechanism, we generated mice in which the genes encoding these proteins (Csnk1d and Csnk1e, respectively) could be disrupted using the Cre-loxP system...
- CKIepsilon/delta-dependent phosphorylation is a temperature-insensitive, period-determining process in the mammalian circadian clockYasushi Isojima
Comparative Systems Biology Team, Genomic Science Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22, Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15744-9. 2009..Most compounds inhibited casein kinase Iepsilon (CKIepsilon) or CKIdelta phosphorylation of the PER2 protein...
- Constitutive phosphorylation of the Parkinson's disease associated alpha-synucleinM Okochi
Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:390-7. 2000..These data demonstrate that alpha-synuclein is constitutively phosphorylated within its C terminus and may indicate that the function of alpha-synuclein is regulated by phosphorylation/dephosphorylation...
- A coordinated phosphorylation by Lats and CK1 regulates YAP stability through SCF(beta-TRCP)Bin Zhao
Department of Pharmacology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0815, USA
Genes Dev 24:72-85. 2010....
- CLOCK gene variants associate with sleep duration in two independent populationsKarla V Allebrandt
Centre for Chronobiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 67:1040-7. 2010..Clock genes are associated with dysfunctional timing of sleep, mood, and obesity disorders, which are commonly associated with sleep duration...
- Casein kinase 1delta activates human recombinant deoxycytidine kinase by Ser-74 phosphorylation, but is not involved in the in vivo regulation of its activityCaroline Smal
Laboratory of Physiological Chemistry, Universite Catholique de Louvain, de Duve Institute, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Arch Biochem Biophys 502:44-52. 2010..presenting similarity with the consensus phosphorylation motif of casein kinase 1 (CKI), and particularly of CKI delta. We showed that recombinant CKI delta phosphorylated several residues of bacterially overexpressed dCK: Ser-74, ..
- Association of CPI-17 with protein kinase C and casein kinase IEva Zemlickova
University of Edinburgh, Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:39-47. 2004..Using affinity chromatography and Western blot analysis, we found interaction with all PKC isotypes and casein kinase I isoforms, CKIalpha and CKI...
- Genetic variation in the tau kinases pathway may modify the risk and age at onset of Alzheimer's diseaseJosé Luis Vázquez-Higuera
Neurology Service and CIBERNED, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, University of Cantabria and IFIMAV, Santander, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 27:291-7. 2011..candidate genes of kinases involved in tau phosphorylation at AD-related sites (PRKACB; CAMK2A; MARK1, 2, 3 and 4; CSNK1D; CDC2; RPS6KB1 and 2; p38α and β; IB1; JNK1, 2 and 3; MEK1 and 2; ERK1 and 2), to address hypotheses of genetic ..
- Axin-mediated CKI phosphorylation of beta-catenin at Ser 45: a molecular switch for the Wnt pathwaySharon Amit
The Lautenberg Center for Immunology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Genes Dev 16:1066-76. 2002..Using mass spectrometry and phosphopeptide-specific antibodies, we show that a complex of axin and casein kinase I (CKI) induces beta-catenin phosphorylation at a single site: serine 45 (S45)...
- Control of intracellular dynamics of mammalian period proteins by casein kinase I epsilon (CKIepsilon) and CKIdelta in cultured cellsMakoto Akashi
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:1693-703. 2002Recent studies have shown that casein kinase I epsilon (CKIepsilon) is an essential regulator of the mammalian circadian clock...
- Phosphorylation regulates intracellular trafficking of beta-secretaseJ Walter
Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory for Alzheimer s and Parkinson s Disease Research, Ludwig Maximilians University, 44 Schillerstrasse, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:14634-41. 2001..In contrast, nonphosphorylatable BACE S498A is retained within early endosomes. Our results therefore demonstrate regulated trafficking of BACE within the secretory and endocytic pathway...
- Molecular epidemiology of vitamin D receptor gene variantsJ M Zmuda
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Epidemiol Rev 22:203-17. 2000
- Synucleins are a novel class of substrates for G protein-coupled receptor kinasesA N Pronin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26515-22. 2000..These findings suggest that GPCRs may be able to indirectly stimulate PLD2 activity via their ability to regulate GRK-promoted phosphorylation of synuclein...