Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSK
Description: c-src tyrosine kinase
Alias: C-Src kinase, protein-tyrosine kinase CYL, tyrosine-protein kinase CSK
Publications176 found, 100 shown here
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp regulates the activities of Src-family tyrosine kinasesM Kawabuchi
Division of Protein Metabolism, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Nature 404:999-1003. 2000..The activity of Src-PTKs in cells of different types is negatively controlled by Csk, which specifically phosphorylates a conserved regulatory tyrosine residue at the carboxy-terminal tail of the Src-..
- Association of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase PEP in T cells and other hemopoietic cellsJ F Cloutier
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
EMBO J 15:4909-18. 1996p50csk is a tyrosine protein kinase (TPK) that represses the activity of Src family TPKs. We previously showed that Csk is a potent negative regulator of antigen receptor signaling in T lymphocytes and that its Src homology (SH) 3 and ..
- Phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains (PAG), a novel ubiquitously expressed transmembrane adaptor protein, binds the protein tyrosine kinase csk and is involved in regulation of T cell activationT Brdicka
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
J Exp Med 191:1591-604. 2000..tyrosine-phosphorylated protein and binds the major negative regulator of Src kinases, the tyrosine kinase Csk. After activation of peripheral blood alpha/beta T cells, PAG becomes rapidly dephosphorylated and dissociates from ..
- Cbl associates with Pyk2 and Src to regulate Src kinase activity, alpha(v)beta(3) integrin-mediated signaling, cell adhesion, and osteoclast motilityA Sanjay
Department of Cell Biology and Orthopedics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Cell Biol 152:181-95. 2001..These findings may explain the osteopetrotic phenotype in the Src(-/-) mice...
- A phosphotyrosine-dependent protein interaction screen reveals a role for phosphorylation of caveolin-1 on tyrosine 14: recruitment of C-terminal Src kinaseHaiming Cao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8771-4. 2002..manner: tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2) and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk). TRAF2 bound to nonphosphorylated caveolin-1, but this association was increased 3-fold by phosphorylation...
- A novel, specific interaction involving the Csk SH3 domain and its natural ligandR Ghose
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021 6399, USA
Nat Struct Biol 8:998-1004. 2001C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) takes part in a highly specific, high affinity interaction via its Src homology 3 (SH3) domain with the proline-enriched tyrosine phosphatase PEP in hematopoietic cells...
- SH2 domain-mediated interaction of inhibitory protein tyrosine kinase Csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase-HSCFB Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 21:1077-88. 2001The protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) Csk is a potent negative regulator of several signal transduction processes, as a consequence of its exquisite ability to inactivate Src-related PTKs...
- Toll-like receptor 3 associates with c-Src tyrosine kinase on endosomes to initiate antiviral signalingIngvild Bjellmo Johnsen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
EMBO J 25:3335-46. 2006..These results provide novel insight into the molecular mechanisms of TLR3-mediated signaling, which may contribute to the understanding of innate immune responses during viral infections...
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp positively regulates the activity of the carboxyl-terminal Src kinase, CskS Takeuchi
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:29183-6. 2000b>Csk (carboxyl-terminal Src kinase) is a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates a critical tyrosine residue in each of the Src family kinases (SFKs) to inhibit their activities...
- p140Cap protein suppresses tumour cell properties, regulating Csk and Src kinase activityPaola Di Stefano
Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, Via Nizza 52, Turin 10126, Italy
EMBO J 26:2843-55. 2007..we characterise p140Cap as a novel Src-binding protein, which regulates Src activation via C-terminal Src kinase (Csk). p140Cap silencing increases cell spreading, migration rate and Src kinase activity...
- Histone deacetylase 3 localizes to the plasma membrane and is a substrate of SrcM S Longworth
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Oncogene 25:4495-500. 2006..Our results describe a novel localization and binding partner for the HDAC3 protein, as well as implicate c-Src in HDAC3 regulation...
- An RNA-binding protein associated with Src through its SH2 and SH3 domains in mitosisS J Taylor
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Nature 368:867-71. 1994..Because the Src SH3 domain also binds heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K, these results raise the intriguing possibility that c-Src may regulate the processing, trafficking or translation of RNA in a cell-cycle-dependent manner...
- Structural and functional dissection of the cytoplasmic domain of the transmembrane adaptor protein SIT (SHP2-interacting transmembrane adaptor protein)K I Pfrepper
Immunomodulation Laboratory of the Institute for Immunology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 31:1825-36. 2001..Co-precipitation experiments revealed that the tyrosine kinase p50(csk) could represent the negative regulatory effector molecule that binds to this motif.
- Outside-in integrin signal transduction. Alpha IIb beta 3-(GP IIb IIIa) tyrosine phosphorylation induced by platelet aggregationD A Law
COR Therapeutics, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10811-5. 1996..The data suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of an integrin beta subunit may be important in initiating outside-in signaling cascades by inducing association of signaling components directly with the integrin...
- The nonreceptor protein-tyrosine kinase CSK complexes directly with the GTPase-activating protein-associated p62 protein in cells expressing v-Src or activated c-SrcK Neet
Graduate Program in Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:4908-20. 1995b>CSK is a predominantly cytosolic protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK) that negatively regulates Src family PTKs by phosphorylation of a conserved tyrosine near their C termini. Little is known about how CSK itself is regulated...
- Sequence requirements for association of protein-tyrosine phosphatase PEP with the Src homology 3 domain of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50(csk)A Gregorieff
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:13217-22. 1998Previously, we reported that the inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50(csk) is physically associated with the protein-tyrosine phosphatase PEP in hematopoietic cells...
- The crystal structure of human CskSH3: structural diversity near the RT-Src and n-Src loopT V Borchert
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS Lett 341:79-85. 1994..The crystal structure of the SH3 domain of Csk (c-Src specific tyrosine kinase) has been refined at a resolution of 2.5 A, with an R-factor of 22.4%...
- Structural basis for the recognition of c-Src by its inactivator CskNicholas M Levinson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Department of Chemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences QB3, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell 134:124-34. 2008..on a tyrosine residue located near the C terminus (Tyr 527 in c-Src), which is catalyzed by C-terminal Src Kinase (Csk)...
- Inhibition of the Jun N-terminal protein kinase pathway by SHIP-1, a lipid phosphatase that interacts with the adaptor molecule Dok-3Jeffrey D Robson
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 24:2332-43. 2004..activation in A20 B cells and that it associates with SHIP-1, a 5' inositol-specific lipid phosphatase, as well as Csk, a negative regulator of Src kinases...
- Dok-3, a novel adapter molecule involved in the negative regulation of immunoreceptor signalingS Lemay
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Mol Cell Biol 20:2743-54. 2000..of Dok-3 to at least two inhibitory molecules, the 5' inositol phosphatase SHIP and the protein tyrosine kinase Csk. We also demonstrate that augmented expression of wild-type Dok-3 in a B-cell line results in an inhibition of ..
- Analysis of the binding of the Src homology 2 domain of Csk to tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in the suppression and mitotic activation of c-SrcH Sabe
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:3984-8. 1994b>Csk (C-terminal Src kinase), a protein-tyrosine kinase, bearing the Src homology 2 and 3 (SH2 and SH3) domains, has been implicated in phosphorylation of c-Src Tyr-527, resulting in suppression of c-Src kinase activity...
- Activated c-SRC in ductal carcinoma in situ correlates with high tumour grade, high proliferation and HER2 positivityG R Wilson
Department of Academic Surgery, Research and Education Building 2nd Floor, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1410-4. 2006..011). Thus, high c-Src activity may identify a subset of DCIS with high risk of recurrence or progression to invasive cancer where therapeutics targeting c-Src may benefit this patient subset...
- C-terminal Src kinase associates with ligand-stimulated insulin-like growth factor-I receptorC Arbet-Engels
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 274:5422-8. 1999..We observed that the IGF-IR and IR associated with the C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) following ligand stimulation...
- cyl encodes a putative cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase lacking the conserved tyrosine autophosphorylation site (Y416src)J Partanen
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Oncogene 6:2013-8. 1991..The cyl gene is located on human chromosome 15. It is expressed ubiquitously as two independently regulated mRNA species of 2.6 and 3.4 kb in human leukemia cell lines and fetal tissues...
- Overexpressed Csk tyrosine kinase is localized in focal adhesions, causes reorganization of alpha v beta 5 integrin, and interferes with HeLa cell spreadingM Bergman
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 15:711-22. 1995..To gain insight into the cellular functions of this potentially antioncogenic enzyme, we have overexpressed the csk cDNA by using an inducible promoter in HeLa cells...
- Detection of a physical and functional interaction between Csk and Lck which involves the SH2 domain of Csk and is mediated by autophosphorylation of Lck on tyrosine 394C Bougeret
INSERM, , France
J Biol Chem 271:7465-72. 1996The COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is responsible for the phosphorylation of the conserved, negative regulatory, carboxyl-terminal tyrosine of most of the Src family protein tyrosine kinases...
- Paxillin interactionsC E Turner
Dept of Cell and Developmental Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY13210, USA
J Cell Sci 113:4139-40. 2000..In addition, negative regulators of these pathways, including CSK (an inhibitor of SRC activity) and PTP-PEST (a phosphatase that dephosphorylates p130Cas), bind directly to ..
- [Application of lasers in treatment of larynx diseases]Andrzej Wojdas
Klinika Otolaryngologii Wojskowego Instytutu Medycznego CSK MON w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 63:76-9. 2009..laser treatments performer between 1994-2008 in the Otolaryngology Department of the Military Medical Institute CSK MON in Warsaw. The examination covered 445 patients including 142 women (31.9%) and 303 men (68...
- The inhibition of tube formation in a collagen-fibrinogen, three-dimensional gel by cleaved kininogen (HKa) and HK domain 5 (D5) is dependent on Src family kinasesYuchuan Liu
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:774-88. 2008..HKa and D5 inhibited Src 416 phosphorylation by 62+/-12.3% and 83+/-6.1%, respectively. The C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) inhibits Src kinase activity. Using a siRNA to Csk, expression of Csk was down-regulated by 86+/-7...
- Expression patterns of Src-family tyrosine kinases during Xenopus laevis developmentZoltan Ferjentsik
Laboratory of Gene Expression and Laboratory of Bacteriology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic v v i, Czech Republic
Int J Dev Biol 53:163-8. 2009..in Xenopus laevis, the expression patterns of five SFK genes src, fyn, yes, lyn and laloo as well as of the csk gene, a negative regulator of SFKs, using RT-qPCR and in situ hybridisation...
- Src family kinases: regulation of their activities, levels and identification of new pathwaysEvan Ingley
Cell Signalling Group, Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:56-65. 2008..This review outlines SFK regulation, the discovery of the Csk binding protein (Phosphoprotein Associated with Glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains, Cbp/PAG), and its role in ..
- Mechanism of Csk-mediated down-regulation of Src family tyrosine kinases in epidermal growth factor signalingHidetada Matsuoka
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:5975-83. 2004..The function of SFK is regulated by phosphorylation at the C-terminal regulatory site mediated by Csk. Recently a novel SFK target Cbp (or PAG) was identified as a membrane-anchored scaffold protein for Csk...
- C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) modulates insulin-like growth factor-I signaling through Src in 3T3-L1 differentiationHiroko Sekimoto
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Endocrinology 144:2546-52. 2003..C-terminal Src kinase (CSK), a ubiquitously expressed nonreceptor tyrosine kinase, negatively regulates the Src family kinases by ..
- Lipoprotein lipase and hydrofluoric acid deactivate both bacterial lipoproteins and lipoteichoic acids, but platelet-activating factor-acetylhydrolase degrades only lipoteichoic acidsHo Seong Seo
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2170, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1187-95. 2009..We investigated the reaction specificities by using two synthetic lipoproteins (Pam(3)CSK(4) and FSL-1) and LTAs from pneumococci and staphylococci...
- Src-family tyrosine kinases in activation of ERK-1 and p85/p110-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase by G/CCKB receptorsL Daulhac
Groupe de Recherche de Biologie et Pathologie Digestives, INSERM U 151, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue J Poulhes, Institut Louis Bugnard, Batiment L3, 31403 Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 274:20657-63. 1999..Grb2 complex formation but partially inhibited ERK-1 activation by this peptide. Expression of Csk, which inactivates Src-family kinases, totally inhibited gastrin-induced Src-like activity detected in anti-Src and ..
- Transmembrane adaptor proteins in membrane microdomains: important regulators of immunoreceptor signalingVaclav Horejsi
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Immunol Lett 92:43-9. 2004..cell activation linker (NTAL)/linker for activation of B cells (LAB), phosphoprotein associated with GEMs (PAG)/Csk-binding protein (Cbp) and LIME...
- Identification of major tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in Csk-deficient cellsS Nada
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University, Japan
Oncogene 9:3571-8. 1994b>Csk is a non-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase that acts as a negative regulator of Src family tyrosine kinases. Csk-deficient mouse embryos exhibited developmental defects including inability to turn and impaired formation of neural tube...
- Distinct roles of the Src family kinases, SRC-1 and KIN-22, that are negatively regulated by CSK-1 in C. elegansTakashi Hirose
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
FEBS Lett 534:133-8. 2003..here we characterized Caenorhabditis elegans orthologues of SFKs (src-1 and kin-22) and their regulator kinase Csk (csk-1)...
- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) in type I astrocytes interferes with cell spreading and attachment to fibronectin. Correlation with tyrosine phosphorylations of paxillin and FAKY Takayama
Division of Protein Metabolism, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:2291-7. 1999To examine the role of C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a negative regulatory kinase of Src family tyrosine kinases, in the cell adhesion mechanism of the nervous system, wild-type Csk (Csk), and a kinase-deficient mutant of Csk (Csk-DeltaK) ..
- Mutation of csk, encoding the C-terminal Src kinase, reduces Pseudomonas aeruginosa internalization by mammalian cells and enhances bacterial cytotoxicityDavid J Evans
Morton D Sarver Laboratory for Cornea and Contact Lens Research, School of Optometry, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Microb Pathog 33:135-43. 2002..aeruginosa invasion. Using fibroblasts homozygous for mutation of csk (-/-), we tested the hypothesis that mutation of csk, encoding a negative regulator of Src-family tyrosine kinases, ..
- CSK negatively regulates nerve growth factor induced neural differentiation and augments AKT kinase activityNandini Dey
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, AFLAC Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Services, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30022, USA
Exp Cell Res 307:1-14. 2005..kinases (SFKs) is controlled by phosphorylation at their C-terminal 527-tyrosine residue by C-terminal SRC kinase, CSK. There is a paucity of information regarding the role of CSK and/or specific Src family kinases in neuronal ..
- Association of csk-homologous kinase (CHK) (formerly MATK) with HER-2/ErbB-2 in breast cancer cellsS Zrihan-Licht
Division of Hematology Oncology, Deaconess and Beth Israel Hospitals, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 272:1856-63. 1997Protein-tyrosine kinases, such as HER-2/ErbB-2, have been specifically linked to breast cancer. The Csk-homologous kinase (CHK), formerly MATK, is a tyrosine kinase that contains the Src homology 2 and 3 (SH2 and SH3) domains and ..
- CSK: a protein-tyrosine kinase involved in regulation of src family kinasesM Okada
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University, Japan
J Biol Chem 266:24249-52. 1991..Recently we have purified and cloned a protein-tyrosine kinase (designated as CSK) that can specifically phosphorylate the negative regulatory site of p60c-src...
- Influence of EPIYA-repeat polymorphism on the phosphorylation-dependent biological activity of Helicobacter pylori CagAMasanori Naito
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Gastroenterology 130:1181-90. 2006..SHP-2 via the Western CagA-specific EPIYA-C or East Asian CagA-specific EPIYA-D site, and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) via the EPIYA-A or EPIYA-B site...
- SRC family kinases are required for limb trajectory selection by spinal motor axonsTzu Jen Kao
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Neurosci 29:5690-700. 2009..Inhibition of SFK activity by C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) overexpression in chick LMC axons using in ovo electroporation resulted in LMC axons selecting the inappropriate ..
- Role of Src-family kinases in formation of the cortical actin cap at the dorsal cell surfaceTakahisa Kuga
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Inohana 1 8 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
Exp Cell Res 314:2040-54. 2008..The cortical actin cap is disrupted by SFK inhibitors or overexpression of the Lyn SH3 domain. Csk-knockout cells form the cortical actin cap when the level of tyrosine phosphorylation is increased by Na(3)VO(4), a ..
- Src-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin is not sufficient to decrease barrier function of endothelial monolayersAlejandro P Adam
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 285:7045-55. 2010..initiated by growth factors or inflammatory mediators, we activated Src and SFKs by expression of dominant negative Csk, expression of constitutively active Src, or knockdown of Csk...
- HIV-1 Nef selectively activates Src family kinases Hck, Lyn, and c-Src through direct SH3 domain interactionRonald P Trible
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27029-38. 2006..Co-expression of the negative regulatory kinase Csk suppressed SFK activity and reversed the growth-inhibitory effect...
- Drosophila Src-family kinases function with Csk to regulate cell proliferation and apoptosisLaura G Pedraza
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, PO Box 9812, New Haven, CT 06536 0812, USA
Oncogene 23:4754-62. 2004..constitutively active mutants in which a conserved C-terminal tyrosine was mutated to phenylalanine, providing the first in vivo evidence that Csk regulates SFKs during development through phosphorylation of their C-terminal tyrosine.
- Transforming potential of Src family kinases is limited by the cholesterol-enriched membrane microdomainChitose Oneyama
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:6462-72. 2009..All SFKs could induce cell transformation when overexpressed in C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)-deficient fibroblasts...
- PTPN22 deficiency cooperates with the CD45 E613R allele to break tolerance on a non-autoimmune backgroundJulie Zikherman
University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Immunol 182:4093-106. 2009..We report that misexpression of wild-type or R620W Pep/Lyp in Jurkat cells, in the context of its binding partner Csk, unmasks the risk allele as a hypomorph...
- Impaired development of CD4+ CD8+ thymoyctes by csk-'knock-in' into fyn locusS Kanazawa
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 13:199-204. 1996..Here, we have 'knocked-in' the csk gene, a negative regulator of Src-family kinases, into fyn locus to challenge the problem of redundant functions ..
- Major histocompatibility class II expression in the normal canine cornea and in canine chronic superficial keratitisD L Williams
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 OES, England, UK
Vet Ophthalmol 8:395-400. 2005To compare the expression of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II antigen in the corneas of normal dogs and dogs affected with chronic superficial keratitis (CSK).
- 35H, a sequence isolated as a protein kinase C binding protein, is a novel member of the adducin familyL Dong
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946 1099, USA
J Biol Chem 270:25534-40. 1995..to alpha- and beta-adducins in that they were preferentially recovered in the Triton X-100-insoluble (cytoskeletal, CSK) fraction of cell extracts and were predominantly localized to cell borders...
- Control of cytoskeletal mechanics by extracellular matrix, cell shape, and mechanical tensionN Wang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachussetts
Biophys J 66:2181-9. 1994We have investigated how extracellular matrix (ECM) alters the mechanical properties of the cytoskeleton (CSK)...
- Mechanical interactions among cytoskeletal filamentsN Wang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Hypertension 32:162-5. 1998..To understand how cytoskeletal (CSK) filaments interact with one another mechanically, mechanical properties of adherent endothelial cells were ..
- Evolution of recognition of ligands from Gram-positive bacteria: similarities and differences in the TLR2-mediated response between mammalian vertebrates and teleost fishCarla M S Ribeiro
Cell Biology and Immunology Group, Department of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Immunol 184:2355-68. 2010..lipopeptide N-palmitoyl-S-(2,3-bis(palmitoyloxy)-(2RS)-propyl)-(R)-Cys-(S)-Ser-(S)-Lys(4) trihydrochloride (Pam(3)CSK(4)) but not the diacylated lipopeptide macrophage-activating lipopeptide-2 (MALP-2) also activated TLR2 transfected ..
- Transcriptional control of photosynthesis genes: the evolutionarily conserved regulatory mechanism in plastid genome functionSujith Puthiyaveetil
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, London, United Kingdom
Genome Biol Evol 2:888-96. 2010Chloroplast sensor kinase (CSK) is a bacterial-type sensor histidine kinase found in chloroplasts-photosynthetic plastids-in eukaryotic plants and algae...
- Toll-like receptor prestimulation increases phagocytosis of Escherichia coli DH5alpha and Escherichia coli K1 strains by murine microglial cellsSandra Ribes
Department of Neurology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Infect Immun 77:557-64. 2009..coli. Here, murine microglial cultures were stimulated with the TLR agonists Pam(3)CSK(4) (TLR1/TLR2), lipopolysaccharide (TLR4), and CpG oligodeoxynucleotide (TLR9) for 24 h...
- Functional TFIIH is required for UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrixMasafumi Saijo
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamadaoka 1 3, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:2538-47. 2007..We developed a cell-free system for the UV-induced translocation of CSA. A cytoskeleton (CSK) buffer-soluble fraction containing CSA and a CSK buffer-insoluble fraction prepared from UV-irradiated CS-A cells ..
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp senses cell adhesion signaling mediated by Src family kinase in lipid raftsTakaki Shima
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14897-902. 2003Cbp, a C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)-binding protein, is a transmembrane phosphoprotein that has been implicated in the regulation of the Src family kinase (SFK) through recruiting Csk, a negative regulator of SFK, to a membrane ..
- Src kinase regulation by phosphorylation and dephosphorylationRobert Roskoski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:1-14. 2005..and an inhibiting phosphotyrosine 527 that results from phosphorylation by C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) and Csk homologous kinase. Dephosphorylation of phosphotyrosine 527 increases Src kinase activity...
- Antiproliferative effect of sulindac in colonic neoplasia prevention: role of COOH-terminal Src kinaseDhananjay P Kunte
Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Department of Internal Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 2650 Ridge Avenue, Suite G208, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1797-806. 2008..We show herein that induction of the tumor suppressor gene COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) by NSAID is important for their antiproliferative and hence chemopreventive effects...
- Mechanical and spatial determinants of cytoskeletal geodesic dome formation in cardiac fibroblastsEmilia Entcheva
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, HSC T18 030, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8181, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 1:212-9. 2009This study tests the hypothesis that the cell cytoskeletal (CSK) network can rearrange from geodesic dome type structures to stress fibers in response to microenvironmental cues...
- Identification and characterization of Batk, a predominantly brain-specific non-receptor protein tyrosine kinase related to CskS S Kuo
Department of Neurobiology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Neurosci Res 38:705-15. 1994..tyrosine kinase (Batk), was isolated from a rat hippocampal library and appears to encode a new member of the Csk subfamily of non-receptor protein tyrosine kinases, with 52% overall amino acid identity to rat Csk...
- Shape-engineered fibroblasts: cell elasticity and actin cytoskeletal features characterized by fluorescence and atomic force microscopySatoru Kidoaki
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 81:803-10. 2007..of shape-dependent cell mechanics, the cell elasticity and structural features of the actin cytoskeleton (CSK) were characterized for shape-engineered fibroblasts; round and spindle-shaped cells cultured on ..
- Nanoparticle-delivered multimeric soluble CD40L DNA combined with Toll-Like Receptor agonists as a treatment for melanomaGeoffrey W Stone
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7334. 2009..a multimeric, soluble form of CD40L (pSP-D-CD40L) either alone or combined with an agonist for TLR1/2 (Pam(3)CSK(4) ), TLR2/6 (FSL-1 and MALP2), TLR3 (polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid, poly(I:C)), TLR4 ( monophosphoryl lipid A, ..
- Toll-like receptor agonists induce inflammation and cell death in a model of head and neck squamous cell carcinomasCamilla Rydberg
Division of ENT Diseases, CLINTEC, Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunology 128:e600-11. 2009..In Detroit-562, Pam(3)CSK(4), poly(I:C) and flagellin, ligands for TLR2, TLR3 and TLR5, respectively, induced an up-regulation of ..
- Counteracting signaling activities in lipid rafts associated with the invasion of lung epithelial cells by Pseudomonas aeruginosaDavid W Zaas
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9955-64. 2009..the existence of a distinct signaling mechanism in lung epithelial cells mediated by COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) that negatively regulates Pseudomonas invasion...
- Early signal protein expression profiles in basophils: a population studySusan Ishmael
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Leukoc Biol 86:313-25. 2009..of basophils and showed that with the exception of syk, the variance of expression of 19 other elements (lyn, fyn, csk, cbp/PAG, CIN85, Bob1, c-cbl, SHIP1, SHIP2, p85alpha, p110delta, btk, PLCgamma1, PLCgamma2, SHP-1, PTEN, SOS2, ..
- Toll-like receptor 2 mediates inhibition of HCO(3)(-) absorption by bacterial lipoprotein in medullary thick ascending limbDavid W Good
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F536-44. 2010..The functional role of TLR2 was examined in perfused MTALs using Pam(3)CSK(4), a bacterial lipoprotein analog that specifically activates TLR2...
- Differentiation of hidroacanthoma simplex from clonal seborrheic keratosis--an immunohistochemical studyHan Nan Liu
Department of Dermatology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, ROC
Am J Dermatopathol 26:188-93. 2004..features of HS are not distinctive and histopathologically HS may be confused with clonal seborrheic keratosis (CSK) if cystic or ductal structure is not present...
- A cellular tensegrity model to analyse the structural viscoelasticity of the cytoskeletonPatrick CaNadas
B2OA CNRS UMR 7052 Faculté des Sciences et Technologie, Universite Paris 12 Val de Marne, 61 Avenue du General de Gaulle, 94 010, Creteil, Cedex, France
J Theor Biol 218:155-73. 2002..These structural properties appear consistent with cytoskeleton (CSK) mechanical properties measured experimentally by various methods which are specific to the CSK micromanipulation ..
- Enhanced protection against bovine tuberculosis after coadministration of Mycobacterium bovis BCG with a Mycobacterial protein vaccine-adjuvant combination but not after coadministration of adjuvant aloneD Neil Wedlock
AgResearch, Hopkirk Research Institute, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:765-72. 2008..synthetic mycobacterial phosphatidylinositol mannoside-2 (PIM2), and a synthetic lipopeptide (Pam3Cys-SKKKK [Pam(3)CSK(4)])...
- The SH3 domain of Src tyrosyl protein kinase interacts with the N-terminal splice region of the PDE4A cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase RPDE-6 (RNPDE4A5)J C O'Connell
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, I B L S, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 318:255-61. 1996..RPDE-6 exhibited selectivity in binding to the SH3 domains of c-Abl, Crk, Csk, Lck, Lyn, Fyn and v-Src, with binding to the SH3 regions of the Src-related tyrosyl kinases Lyn and Fyn being the ..
- Progesterone increases csk homologous kinase in HMC-1560 human mast cells and reduces cell proliferationMarie Pierre Belot
INSERM, U764, Univ Paris Sud 11, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 13, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service de Microbiologie Immunologie Biologique, Clamart F 92140, France
J Cell Biochem 102:1271-80. 2007..The Csk homologous kinase (CHK), an endogenous inhibitor of Src protein tyrosine kinases, was also enhanced in progesterone-..
- Molecular basis of mechanotransduction in living cellsO P Hamill
Physiology and Biophysics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Physiol Rev 81:685-740. 2001..Instead, a cortical cytoskeleton (CSK) provides a structural framework that allows the animal cell to maintain a stable excess membrane area (i.e...
- Protein western array analysis in human pituitary tumours: insights and limitationsAntônio Ribeiro-Oliveira
Department of Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:1099-114. 2008..of prolactin secretion, were significantly overexpressed in all adenoma subtypes, while C-terminal Src kinase (CSK), an inhibitor of proto-oncogenic enzymes, and annexin II, a calcium-dependent binding protein, were significantly ..
- Cellular recognition of trimyristoylated peptide or enterobacterial lipopolysaccharide via both TLR2 and TLR4Stephan Spiller
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:13190-8. 2007..mimicking a bacterial lipoprotein subpopulation for which N-terminal trimyristoylation is characteristic (Myr(3)CSK(4)) activated cells not only through TLR2 but also through TLR4...
- Functional assessment of microencapsulated porcine islets with agarose polystyrene sulfonic acid in vitro and in xenotransplantationH Tashiro
Department of Surgery, The British Columbia University, Canada
Transplant Proc 37:3512-3. 2005..Islets were isolated from the pancreata of CSK miniature swine by manual collagenase digestion and Ficoll purification...
- Cbp recruitment of Csk into lipid rafts is critical to c-Src kinase activity and bone resorption in osteoclastsTakuma Matsubara
Department molecular and cellular biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 25:1068-76. 2010..To address this, we first examined the expression levels and subcellular localization of Csk, a negative regulatory kinase for c-Src...
- Stress transmission within the cellDimitrije Stamenovic
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, USA
Compr Physiol 1:499-524. 2011..During past decades, it has become evident that the deformable cytoskeleton (CSK), an intracellular network of various filamentous biopolymers, provides a physical basis for transducing mechanical ..
- Dynamic coupling between the SH2 domain and active site of the COOH terminal Src kinase, CskLilly Wong
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Mol Biol 341:93-106. 2004The SH2 domain is required for high catalytic activity in the COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk)...
- Cell growth regulation through GM3-enriched microdomain (glycosynapse) in human lung embryonal fibroblast WI38 and its oncogenic transformant VA13Marcos S Toledo
Pacific Northwest Research Institute, 720 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122 4302, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34655-64. 2004..b>Csk, the physiological inhibitor of cSrc, was present in WI38 but not in VA13 GEM...
- c-Src regulates Akt signaling in response to ghrelin via beta-arrestin signaling-independent and -dependent mechanismsMaria Lodeiro
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, Instituto de Investigaciones Sanitarias, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago CHUS, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e4686. 2009..Furthermore, the results support the view that beta-arrestins act as both scaffolding proteins and signal transducers on Akt activation...
- Localized mechanical stress induces time-dependent actin cytoskeletal remodeling and stiffening in cultured airway smooth muscle cellsLinhong Deng
School of Biomedical Engineering, Dalhousie University, 5981 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 3J5
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C440-8. 2004Mechanical stress (MS) causes cytoskeletal (CSK) and phenotypic changes in cells. Such changes in airway smooth muscle (ASM) cells might contribute to the pathophysiology of asthma...
- Thrombin-induced CCN2 expression in human lung fibroblasts requires the c-Src/JAK2/STAT3 pathwayKua Jen Bai
College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing St, Taipei, Taiwan
J Leukoc Biol 93:101-12. 2013..Taken together, these results indicate that thrombin might activate c-Src to induce JAK2 activation, which in turn, causes STAT3 activation, and finally induces CCN2 expression in human lung fibroblasts...
- Csk defines the ability of integrin-mediated cell adhesion and migration in human colon cancer cells: implication for a potential role in cancer metastasisWilliam Rengifo-Cam
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, 565 0871 Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 23:289-97. 2004..SFK is ordinarily in equilibrium between inactive and primed states by a balance of negative regulatory kinase Csk and its counteracting tyrosine phosphatase(s), both of which act on the regulatory C-terminal tyrosine of SFK...
- SRC signaling is crucial in the growth of synovial sarcoma cellsSebastian Michels
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cancer Res 73:2518-28. 2013..Immunohistochemistry of phosphorylated SRC and its regulators CSK and PTP1B (PTPN1) was conducted in 30 synovial sarcomas...
- Negative impact of DEP exposure on human airway epithelial cell adhesion, stiffness, and repairBlandine Doornaert
Faculte de Medecine, Faculté des Sciences Université Paris XII, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 492 de Physiopathologie et Thérapeutique Respiratoire, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L119-32. 2003..cell and matrix microenvironment based on evaluation of integrin-type cell/matrix ligand expression, cytoskeleton (CSK) stiffness, and matrix remodeling via matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1, MMP-2, and MMP-9 expression...
- Evolutionary rewiring: a modified prokaryotic gene-regulatory pathway in chloroplastsSujith Puthiyaveetil
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 368:20120260. 2013..gene transcription through the action of a bacterial-type sensor kinase known as chloroplast sensor kinase (CSK)...
- Attenuation of Helicobacter pylori CagA x SHP-2 signaling by interaction between CagA and C-terminal Src kinaseRyouhei Tsutsumi
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, and Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0185, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:3664-70. 2003..quot; In this work, we demonstrate that CagA is also capable of interacting with C-terminal Src kinase (Csk). As is the case with SHP-2, Csk selectively binds tyrosine-phosphorylated CagA via its SH2 domain...
- Association of common variants in/near six genes (ATP2B1, CSK, MTHFR, CYP17A1, STK39 and FGF5) with blood pressure/hypertension risk in Chinese childrenB Xi
1 Department of Epidemiology, Capital Institute of Pediatrics, Beijing, China 2 Department of Maternal and Child Health Care, School of Public Health, Shandong University, Jinan, China
J Hum Hypertens 28:32-6. 2014..We genotyped six SNPs (ATP2B1 rs17249754, CSK rs1378942, MTHFR rs1801133, CYP17A1 rs1004467, STK39 rs3754777 and FGF5 rs16998073) in Chinese children (N=3077, ..
- The dioxin receptor controls β1 integrin activation in fibroblasts through a Cbp-Csk-Src pathwayJavier Rey-Barroso
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Extremadura, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Cell Signal 25:848-59. 2013..Cbp over-expression in T-FGM AhR-/- cells enhanced the formation of inhibitory Csk-Cbp complexes which in turn reduced c-Src p-Tyr(416) activation and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) phosphorylation at ..
- Characterization of the human CSK locusA Bräuninger
Chemotherapeutisches Forschungsinstitut, Georg Speyer Haus, Frankfurt a M, Germany
Oncogene 8:1365-9. 1993The CSK-gene encodes an intracellular protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK)...
- Comparative analysis of mutant tyrosine kinase chemical rescueKathryn E Muratore
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Biochemistry 48:3378-86. 2009..Prior studies on protein tyrosine kinases Csk and Src revealed the potential for chemical rescue of catalytically deficient mutant kinases (Arg to Ala mutations) ..
- Phosphoryl transfer step in the C-terminal Src kinase controls Src recognitionScot A Lieser
Department of Pharmacology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0728, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7769-76. 2005..protein tyrosine kinases are phosphorylated and subsequently down-regulated by the C-terminal Src kinase, Csk. Although the recognition of Src protein substrates is essential for a diverse set of signaling events linked to ..
- Stimulation of the high-affinity IgE receptor results in the tyrosine phosphorylation of a 60 kD protein which is associated with the protein-tyrosine kinase, CskT Rafnar
Division of Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Mol Immunol 35:249-57. 1998The protein tyrosine kinase Csk downregulates the activity of the Src family of kinases and has a negative effect on signal transduction through several Src kinase-associated receptors...
- Activation of protein kinase D1 in mast cells in response to innate, adaptive, and growth factor signalsThomas R Murphy
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 179:7876-82. 2007..Activation of BMMC through TLR2, Kit, or FcepsilonRI with Pam(3)CSK(4) (palmitoyl-3-cysteine-serine-lysine-4), stem cell factor (SCF), and cross-linked IgE, respectively, induced ..
- Phosphorylated c-Src in the nucleus is associated with improved patient outcome in ER-positive breast cancerE J Campbell
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Br J Cancer 99:1769-74. 2008..Further study is required in ER-negative breast cancer as this may represent a cohort in which it is associated with poor outcome...
- Identification of csk tyrosine phosphorylation sites and a tyrosine residue important for kinase domain structureV Joukov
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Haartman Institute, P O Box 21 Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00014, Finland
Biochem J 322:927-35. 1997The lack of a conserved tyrosine autophosphorylation site is a unique feature of the C-terminal Src-kinase, Csk, although this protein tyrosine kinase can be autophosphorylated on tyrosine residues in vitro and in bacteria...
- Signaling Mechanisms of G Protein-coupled ReceptorsXin Yun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..that G protein Gas can directly stimulate the activity of Src-family tyrosine kinases, and that tyrosine kinase Csk plays a critical role in linking signals from G proteins and G protein-coupled receptors to actin cytoskeletal ..
- Negative regulation of TCR-associated PTKsROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses on the PEP PTPase and the Csk PTK, which form a complex that negatively regulates early TCR signaling events...
- INSERTIONAL MUTAGENESIS AND MOUSE DEVELOPMENTPhilippe Soriano; Fiscal Year: 1999..Src family kinases are negatively regulated by phosphorylation of a C- terminal tyrosine by two kinases, Csk and Ctk. Targeted disruption of Csk results in neural tube defects and embryonic lethality...
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002..The phosphorylation is catalyzed by a cytosolic PTK, Csk, but the identity of the phosphotyrosine phosphatase (PTP) activity that mediates the dephosphorylation is unknown...
- Glycosynapses in cancer cell adhesion and signalingSen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2009..Glysyn 1 consists of GM3, growth factor receptor, CD9 or CD81, Src family kinase, and its physiological inhibitor Csk. Its function in transformed cells is associated with loss of growth control (contact inhibition), (ii) Glysyn 3 ..
- MITOGENIC SIGNALING BY ENDOTHELIN PEPTIDESMichael Simonson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Transfection with Csk (to block Src) and with v-Src or constitutively active Raf-1 to overcome the block, will also be used as additional ..
- Caveolae in Insulin SignalingCYNTHIA MASTICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..manner were identified: TNFalpha receptor associated factor 2 (TRAF2) and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)...
- Negative regulation of platelet activityDEBRA KAY NEWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies in our laboratory have also begun to characterize, in platelets, a pathway by which C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is recruited to sites of SFK activity by Csk Binding Proteins (CBP), so that Csk may carry out its important role ..
- CHK, NOVEL SIGNALING MOLECULE, IN BREAST CANCERHava Avraham; Fiscal Year: 2002..CHK (Csk Homologous Kinase) is a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates and negatively regulates src kinase ..