Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CRX
Description: cone-rod homeobox
Alias: CORD2, CRD, LCA7, OTX3, cone-rod homeobox protein, orthodenticle homeobox 3
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- De novo mutations in the CRX homeobox gene associated with Leber congenital amaurosisC L Freund
Nat Genet 18:311-2. 1998
- Leber congenital amaurosis caused by a homozygous mutation (R90W) in the homeodomain of the retinal transcription factor CRX: direct evidence for the involvement of CRX in the development of photoreceptor functionA Swaroop
Department of Ophthalmology, Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 0714, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:299-305. 1999The CRX (cone-rod homeobox) gene is specifically expressed in developing and mature photoreceptors and encodes an otd/Otx-like paired homeodomain protein...
- Crx, a novel Otx-like paired-homeodomain protein, binds to and transactivates photoreceptor cell-specific genesS Chen
The Wilmer Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Neuron 19:1017-30. 1997..a bait containing the Ret 4 site from the bovine rhodopsin promoter, we have cloned a new member of the family, Crx (Cone rod homeobox)...
- Barrier to autointegration factor interacts with the cone-rod homeobox and represses its transactivation functionXuejiao Wang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43288-300. 2002b>Crx (cone-rod homeobox) is a homeodomain transcription factor implicated in regulating the expression of photoreceptor and pineal genes...
- Mutations in the cone-rod homeobox gene are associated with the cone-rod dystrophy photoreceptor degenerationP K Swain
Department of Ophthalmology, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Neuron 19:1329-36. 1997b>Crx is a novel paired-like homeodomain protein that is expressed predominantly in retinal photoreceptors and pinealocytes. Its gene has been mapped to chromosome 19q13...
- Temporal and spatial expression patterns of the CRX transcription factor and its downstream targets. Critical differences during human and mouse eye developmentL C Bibb
Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:1571-9. 2001Cone--rod homeobox (CRX), a paired-like homeobox transcription factor, plays a major role in photoreceptor development and maintenance of the retina...
- Cone-rod dystrophy due to mutations in a novel photoreceptor-specific homeobox gene (CRX) essential for maintenance of the photoreceptorC L Freund
Department of Genetics, The Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 91:543-53. 1997..homeodomain transcription factor gene (CRX) cause an autosomal dominant form of cone-rod dystrophy (adCRD) at the CORD2 locus on chromosome 19q13...
- The photoreceptor-specific nuclear receptor Nr2e3 interacts with Crx and exerts opposing effects on the transcription of rod versus cone genesGuang Hua Peng
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:747-64. 2005..Using yeast two-hybrid screens with Nr2e3 as bait, the cone-rod homeobox protein Crx was identified as an interacting partner of Nr2e3...
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cochlear implants for severe to profound deafness in children and adults: a systematic review and economic modelM Bond
Peninsula Technology Assessment Group PenTAG, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-330. 2009....
- Nucleic acid is a novel ligand for innate, immune pattern recognition collectins surfactant proteins A and D and mannose-binding lectinNades Palaniyar
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, The University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:32728-36. 2004..recombinant fragments of SP-D that are composed of the alpha-helical coiled-coil neck region and three CRDs (SP-D(n/CRD)) or SP-D(n/CRD) with eight GXY repeats (SPD(GXY)(8)(n/CRD))...
- Effects of azithromycin in combination with vancomycin, daptomycin, fosfomycin, tigecycline, and ceftriaxone on Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilmsElisabeth Presterl
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3205-10. 2009..the effects of vancomycin (VAN), daptomycin (DAP), fosfomycin (FOS), tigecycline (TGC), and ceftriaxone (CRX), alone and in combination with azithromycin (AZI), on established biofilms of Staphylococcus epidermidis...
- Informative value of Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) in Health Technology Assessment (HTA)Christian Brettschneider
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics, Hamburg, Germany
GMS Health Technol Assess 7:Doc01. 2011..The search for HTA-reports and methodological papers of HTA-agencies was performed in the CRD-Databases (CRD = Centre for Reviews and Dissemination) and by handsearching the websites of INAHTA member agencies (..
- The early effects of dietary restriction on the pathogenesis of chronic renal disease in Sprague-Dawley rats at 12 monthsL A Gumprecht
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana 61801
Toxicol Pathol 21:528-37. 1993..study evaluated the effects of different diets and dietary regimens on the pathogenesis of chronic renal disease (CRD) in Sprague-Dawley rats at 52 wk and correlated these data with survival at 106 wk...
- The second glutamic acid in the C-terminal CRD affects the carbohydrate-binding properties of recombinant galectins of Haemonchus contortusJing Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Vet Parasitol 148:247-55. 2007..The second E in the CRD, WGNEER, of Hco-GAL-m was mutated to glycine acid (G) and resulted in a recombinant galectin (MG mutate) with a CRD ..
- Galectin multimerization and lattice formation are regulated by linker region structureLesley A Earl
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Glycobiology 21:6-12. 2011..Prototype galectins, such as galectin-1, are one carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) monomers that noncovalently dimerize, whereas tandem-repeat galectins, such as galectin-9, have two non-identical ..
- The primary structure and carbohydrate specificity of a beta-galactosyl-binding lectin from toad (Bufo arenarum Hensel) ovary reveal closer similarities to the mammalian galectin-1 than to the galectin from the clawed frog Xenopus laevisH Ahmed
Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, USA
J Biol Chem 271:33083-94. 1996..exhibited the highest identity (48% for the whole molecule and 77% for the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)) with the bovine spleen galectin-1, but surprisingly less identity (38% for the whole molecule and 47% for the CRD)..
- Expression of Mycobacterium leprae 18-kDa antigen in yeast in a GPI-anchored formA G Amorim
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, , Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 27:623-6. 1994..In addition, these cells react with an alpha-CRD antibody after GPI-PLC treatment. The non-transformed cells are negative...
- Mutations in the inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase 1 gene (IMPDH1) cause the RP10 form of autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosaSara J Bowne
Human Genetics Center, School of Public Health, The University of Texas HSC, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:559-68. 2002..A screen of retinal transcripts comparing retinas from normal mice to retinas from crx-/crx- knockout mice (with poorly differentiated photoreceptors) demonstrated a 6-fold reduction in one candidate, ..
- Steroid biomarkers and genetic studies reveal inactivating mutations in hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in patients with cortisone reductase deficiencyGareth G Lavery
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3827-32. 2008Cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD) is characterized by a failure to regenerate cortisol from cortisone via 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD1), resulting in increased cortisol clearance, activation of the ..
- Delayed expression of the Crx gene and photoreceptor development in the Chx10-deficient retinaAdam D Rutherford
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:375-84. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine how neuronal development is affected by absence of the Chx10 transcription factor in the mouse retina...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chylomicron retention disease based on a review of the literature and the experience of two centersNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine Research Center, Universite de Montreal, 3175, Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:24. 2010..Familial hypocholesterolemia, namely abetalipoproteinemia, hypobetalipoproteinemia and chylomicron retention disease (CRD), are rare genetic diseases that cause malnutrition, failure to thrive, growth failure and vitamin E deficiency, as ..
- Evidence that hydrogen sulfide exerts antinociceptive effects in the gastrointestinal tract by activating KATP channelsEleonora Distrutti
University of Perugia, Clinica di Gastroenterologia, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:325-35. 2006..rats (healthy and postcolitic), and rectal nociception was assessed by measuring the behavioral response during CRD. Healthy rats were administered with sodium hydrogen sulfide (NaHS) (as a source of H(2)S), L-cysteine, or vehicle...
- PmLT, a C-type lectin specific to hepatopancreas is involved in the innate defense of the shrimp Penaeus monodonTracy Hoi Tung Ma
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
J Invertebr Pathol 99:332-41. 2008..Unlike the other two P. monodon lectin-like proteins described to date that have one CRD, PmLT has two CRDs...
- Genomic organization of zebrafish cone-rod homeobox gene and exclusion as a candidate gene for retinal degeneration in niezerka and mikre okoDeborah C Otteson
Guerrieri Center for Genetic Engineering and Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Vis 11:986-95. 2005To determine the genomic organization of the zebrafish crx gene and to evaluate if mutations in crx are responsible for the retinal degeneration phenotype in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) mutants niezerka (nie(m743)) and mikre oko (mok(..
- Equine trypanosomosis in the Central River Division of The Gambia: a study of veterinary gate-clinic consultation recordsS Dhollander
International Trypanotolerance Centre, PMB 14 Banjul, The Gambia
Prev Vet Med 75:152-62. 2006..of this study was to provide epidemiological information of equine trypanosomosis in the Central River Division (CRD) of The Gambia...
- A study of the hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase gene R453Q and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 gene 83557insA polymorphisms in the polycystic ovary syndromeJose L San Millan
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9 1, E 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4157-62. 2005..83557insA mutations in 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11betaHSD) type 1 gene (HSD11B1) interact, resulting in cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD), a rare disorder characterized by a polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)-like phenotype.
- Colonic inflammation induces fos expression in the thoracolumbar spinal cord increasing activity in the spinoparabrachial pathwayRichard J Traub
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, 666 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 95:93-102. 2002..In the rat, repetitive noxious colorectal distention (CRD) induces >200 Fos labeled cells per section in the lumbosacral segments, but few in the thoracolumbar segments, ..
- [Work capacity in patients on hemodialysis]Lidija Orlic
Klinika za internu medicinu Klinicki bolnicki centar Rijeka T Strizića 3 51000 Rijeka, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 58:67-71. 2004..During the progression of chronic renal disease (CRD) to terminal renal failure (TRF) physical activity of the patients becomes poorer...
- Efficacy and tolerability of intravenous continuous erythropoietin receptor activator: a 19-week, phase II, multicenter, randomized, open-label, dose-finding study with a 12-month extension phase in patients with chronic renal diseaseAnatole Besarab
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department o f Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Ther 29:626-39. 2007A continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (C.E.R.A.) is currently in development for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic renal disease (CRD) receiving or not receiving dialysis treatment.
- Clinical findings in early onset cone-rod dystrophy in the Standard Wire-haired DachshundErnst O Ropstad
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Vet Ophthalmol 10:69-75. 2007To describe the clinical findings and the age of onset of cone-rod dystrophy (crd) in the Standard Wire-haired Dachshund (SWHD) and to evaluate which clinical tests could be used to obtain a reliable diagnosis.
- Mechanism of Ca2+ and monosaccharide binding to a C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain of the macrophage mannose receptorN P Mullin
Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:5668-81. 1997..has been used to identify residues that ligate Ca2+ and sugar to the fourth C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) of the macrophage mannose receptor...
- Effect of dietary organic and inorganic micromineral source and level on sow body, liver, colostrum, mature milk, and progeny mineral compositions over six paritiesJ C Peters
The Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1095, Ohio, USA
J Anim Sci 88:626-37. 2010..from the sows were analyzed as a 2 x 3 x 4 factorial arrangement of treatments in a completely randomized design (CRD) with 3 replicates per treatment...
- CORD9 a new locus for arCRD: mapping to 8p11, estimation of frequency, evaluation of a candidate geneM Danciger
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2458-65. 2001....
- Update on Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies, anti-nuclear associated anti-neutrophil antibodies and antibodies to exocrine pancreas detected by indirect immunofluorescence as biomarkers in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases: results of a multicentS Desplat-Jego
Laboratoire d Immunologie, CHU de la Conception, 147, Bd Baille, Marseille 13005, France
World J Gastroenterol 13:2312-8. 2007..NANA) and antibodies to exocrine pancreas (PAB), are serological tools for discriminating Crohn's disease (CrD) and ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Evaluating the efficacy of serum haptoglobin concentration as an indicator of respiratory-tract disease in dairy calvesC Svensson
Department of Animal Environment and Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 234, SE 532 23 Skara, Sweden
Vet J 174:288-94. 2007..once at 24-56 days of age to evaluate the potential of S-Hp as an indicator of clinical respiratory-tract disease (CRD)...
- Simultaneous measurement of optical scattering and extinction on dispersed aerosol samplesKathy D Dial
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, MS1061, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409, USA
Anal Chem 82:7885-96. 2010..Extinction is measured with the well-established cavity ring-down (CRD) technique, and the scattering coefficient is determined through collection of light scattered from the CRD beam...
- Mutations in the genes encoding 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase interact to cause cortisone reductase deficiencyNicole Draper
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Nat Genet 34:434-9. 2003In cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD), activation of cortisone to cortisol does not occur, resulting in adrenocorticotropin-mediated androgen excess and a phenotype resembling polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS; refs. 1,2)...
- [The role of norepinephrine in down-regulation of visceral sensitivity in rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep]Tong Ling
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 47:133-6. 2008..To investigate the role of norepinephrine in the down-regulated visceral sensitivity of rats deprived of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep...
- Autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa and cone-rod dystrophy caused by splice site mutations in the Stargardt's disease gene ABCRF P Cremers
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 7:355-62. 1998..in a consanguineous family with individuals showing either retinitis pigmentosa (RP) or cone-rod dystrophy (CRD)...
- Molecular cloning of rat sperm galactosyl receptor, a C-type lectin with in vitro egg binding activityE Rivkin
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York
Mol Reprod Dev 56:401-11. 2000..Binding is mediated by a Ca(2+)-dependent carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) identical to that of the minor variant of rat hepatic lectin receptor 2/3 (RHL-2/3)...
- New laboratory methods to study tooth surface coverage and interproximal plaque control by dentifrice productsTao Xu
Colgate Palmolive Technology Center, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Clin Dent 15:123-7. 2004..The application of the model should offer visual evaluation of dentifrice coverage of the tooth surface, and measure dental plaque control at posterior interdental spaces with a dentifrice...
- A novel C-type lectin from bay scallop Argopecten irradians (AiCTL-7) agglutinating fungi with mannose specificityPengfei Kong
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:836-44. 2011..open reading frame which encoded a signal peptide of 15 residues and a conserved carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) of 174 residues with the EPD and WSD motifs instead of the invariant EPN and WND motifs for determining the ..
- Protective role of mouse MBL-C on intestinal mucosa during Shigella flexneri invasionDa Ming Zuo
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Int Immunol 21:1125-34. 2009..The carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) genes of mouse MBL-C (mMBL-C) were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Selective binding of the scavenger receptor C-type lectin to Lewisx trisaccharide and related glycan ligandsPeter J Coombs
Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK
J Biol Chem 280:22993-9. 2005..A scavenger receptors for modified low density lipoproteins but contains a C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD)...
- Chylomicron retention disease: a long term study of two cohortsNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, GI Nutrition Unit, 3175 Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Que, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 97:136-42. 2009..secretion, mutations of the Sar1B gene coding for Sar1 GTPase are associated with chylomicron retention disease (CRD)...
- Recombinant chimeric lectins consisting of mannose-binding lectin and L-ficolin are potent inhibitors of influenza A virus compared with mannose-binding lectinWei Chuan Chang
Program of Developmental Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 81:388-95. 2011MBL structurally contains a type II-like collagenous domain and a carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)...
- Regulation of photoreceptor gene expression by Crx-associated transcription factor networkAnne K Hennig
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Brain Res 1192:114-33. 2008..This regulation is mediated by a network of photoreceptor transcription factors centered on Crx, an Otx-like homeodomain transcription factor...
- Molecular cloning of a C-type lectin with two CRD domains from the banana shrimp Fenneropenaeus merguiensis: early gene up-regulation after Vibrio harveyi infectionOnnicha Rattanaporn
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkla, Thailand
J Invertebr Pathol 106:196-204. 2011..The first CRD comprises a QPD motif with specificity for binding galactose and a single Ca(2+) binding site, while the second CRD ..
- Psychological stress and the severity of post-inflammatory visceral hyperalgesiaTobias Liebregts
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and General Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Eur J Pain 11:216-22. 2007..Stress and inflammation contribute to this altered visceral sensory function. We aimed to elucidate the role of repetitive stress and acute mucosal inflammation, alone and in combination, on sensory function...
- Overcoming macrocyclic lactone resistance in Haemonchus contortus with pulse dosing of levamisoleKerri L Tyrrell
CSIRO, Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, Queensland, Australia
Vet Parasitol 168:278-83. 2010The in vivo effect of dosing levamisole as a pulse release within an ivermectin (IVM) controlled-release device (CRD) was simulated by periodic dosing of levamisole to Haemonchus contortus-infected sheep already treated with an IVM CRD...
- FIZ1 is part of the regulatory protein complex on active photoreceptor-specific gene promoters in vivoRaghuveer S Mali
Eye Research Institute, Oakland University, Rochester, MI, USA
BMC Mol Biol 9:87. 2008..FIZ1 in the retina increases during photoreceptor terminal maturation, when two key transcription factors NRL and CRX (Cone-Rod Homeobox) become detectable on the promoters of photoreceptor-specific genes (i.e. Rhodopsin, Pde6b)...
- First molluscan TNFR homologue in Zhikong scallop: molecular characterization and expression analysisLing Li
The Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 Nanhai Rd, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:625-32. 2009..necrosis factor receptors (TNFRs) are a superfamily of proteins characterized by the unique cysteine-rich domain (CRD) and their important roles in diverse physiological and pathological events such as inflammation, apoptosis, ..
- FIZ1 is expressed during photoreceptor maturation, and synergizes with NRL and CRX at rod-specific promoters in vitroRaghuveer S Mali
Eye Research Institute, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:349-60. 2007..Functional implications of FIZ1/NRL interaction, on NRL- and CRX-mediated activation of the Rhodopsin (Rho) and cGMP-phosphodiesterase beta-subunit gene (PDE6B) promoters, were ..
- Inhibition of HIV-1 transmission in trans from dendritic cells to CD4+ T lymphocytes by natural antibodies to the CRD domain of DC-SIGN purified from breast milk and intravenous immunoglobulinsMary Requena
Unité INSERM U743, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Immunology 123:508-18. 2008..functional natural immunoglobulin A (IgA) and IgG antibodies directed against the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) domain of the dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-3-grabbing non-integrin (DC-SIGN) molecule, ..
- Naturally-occurring chronic renal disease in Australian cats: a prospective study of 184 casesJ D White
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Sydney, Australia
Aust Vet J 84:188-94. 2006To describe cases of naturally occurring feline chronic renal disease (CRD) in a defined population of Sydney.
- The effectiveness and active ingredients of mutual support groups for family caregivers of people with psychotic disorders: a literature reviewWai Tong Chien
The School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnics, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Nurs Stud 46:1604-23. 2009..To explore the literature through a systematic search to assess the effectiveness of mutual support groups for family caregivers of people with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders...
- Role of corticotropin-releasing factor pathways in stress-related alterations of colonic motor function and viscerosensibility in female rodentsYVETTE TACHE
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, and CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gend Med 2:146-54. 2005..In rodents, colorectal distention (CRD) induces abdominal contractions, and this visceromotor response is used to assess visceral pain...
- Conserved transcriptional activators of the Xenopus rhodopsin geneS Leigh Whitaker
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Ophthalmology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49010-8. 2004..identify and characterize two transcriptional activators of the Xenopus rhodopsin gene: homologs of the mammalian Crx and Nrl transcription factors, XOtx5 and XL-Nrl (originally named XL-maf), respectively...
- The impact of a single 24 h working day on cognitive and psychomotor performance in staff anaesthesiologistsNenad Karanovic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Split, Croatia
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:825-32. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the impact of a single in-hospital 24 h shift on the cognitive and psychomotor performance of anaesthesiologists in a surgical emergency department...
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 antagonist blocks colonic hypersensitivity induced by a combination of inflammation and repetitive colorectal distensionK Saito-Nakaya
Department of Behavioral Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:1147-56. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that a combination of previous inflammation and repetitive colorectal distention (CRD) makes the colon hypersensitive and that treatment with a corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 (CRH-R1) ..
- A three base pair deletion encoding the amino acid (lysine-270) in the alpha-cone transducin geneAna Luisa Pina
McGill Ocular Genetics Laboratory, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Mol Vis 10:265-71. 2004..In this study we tested the hypothesis that mutations in GNAT2 cause cone-rod degeneration (CRD).
- The GABA(B) receptor agonist, baclofen, and the positive allosteric modulator, CGP7930, inhibit visceral pain-related responses to colorectal distension in ratsMikael Brusberg
AstraZeneca R and D, Molndal, Sweden
Neuropharmacology 56:362-7. 2009..Female Sprague-Dawley rats were subjected to repeated, noxious colorectal distension (CRD) (12 distensions at 80 mmHg, for 30 s with 5 min intervals)...
- Component-resolved diagnosis from latex allergy by microarrayD G Ebo
Department of Immunology Allergology Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 40:348-58. 2010..A positive specific IgE (sIgE) result for latex does not always mirror the clinical situation and is frequently found in individuals without overt latex allergy...
- Association of the Asn306Ser variant of the SP4 transcription factor and an intronic variant in the beta-subunit of transducin with digenic diseaseYong Qing Gao
Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Vis 13:287-92. 2007..other transcription factors such as SP1, neural retina leucine zipper protein (NRL), and cone-rod homeobox gene (CRX)...
- Reanalysis of systematic reviews: the case of invasive strategies for acute coronary syndromesPekka Kuukasjärvi
Finnish Office for Health Technology Assessment Finohta, Helsinki
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:484-96. 2006....
- Evaluation of pseudo-affective responses to noxious colorectal distension in rats by manometric recordingsAnna Tammpere
AstraZeneca R and D, Integrative Pharmacology, GI Biology, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Pain 116:220-6. 2005..are generally used to quantify the pseudo-affective visceromotor response induced by colorectal distension (CRD) in rodents...
- Enhanced responses of the anterior cingulate cortex neurones to colonic distension in viscerally hypersensitive ratsJun Gao
Gastroenterology Research Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 6510 Medical Sciences Research Building I, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0682, USA
J Physiol 570:169-83. 2006..Single ACC neuronal activities in response to colorectal distension (CRD) were recorded in control, sham-treated rats and viscerally hypersensitive (EA) rats (induced by chicken egg ..
- Galectin LEC-1 plays a defensive role against damage due to oxidative stress in Caenorhabditis elegansTomoharu Takeuchi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0295 and Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharma Sciences, Teikyo University, 2 11 1 Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
J Biochem 154:455-64. 2013LEC-1 is a major galectin in Caenorhabditis elegans and contains two carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs), N-CRD and C-CRD. To determine the role of LEC-1, we examined the phenotypes of a mutant C. elegans strain lacking lec-1...
- Estrogen modulates the visceromotor reflex and responses of spinal dorsal horn neurons to colorectal stimulation in the ratYaping Ji
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 23:3908-15. 2003..We characterized the effects of estrogen on two responses to colorectal distention (CRD) in the rat: the visceromotor reflex (vmr) and L6-S1 dorsal horn neuron activity (ABRUPT and SUSTAINED neurons)...
- Acute nociceptive somatic stimulus sensitizes neurones in the spinal cord to colonic distension in the ratShachar Peles
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, MaccFund Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Physiol 560:291-302. 2004..of acid injections, into the ipsilateral somatic receptive field of neurones responsive to colorectal distension (CRD), and the potential role of ionotropic glutamate receptors on sensitization...
- Differential processing of noxious colonic input by thoracolumbar and lumbosacral dorsal horn neurons in the ratGexin Wang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:3788-94. 2005..In this study, the effects of colorectal distention (CRD) on TL and LS dorsal horn neuronal activity were recorded in Nembutal-anesthetized male rats both with and without ..
- Sequence-specific recognition of colicin E5, a tRNA-targeting ribonucleaseTetsuhiro Ogawa
Department of Biotechnology, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 34:6065-73. 2006..Since this activity is confined to its 115 amino acid long C-terminal domain (CRD), the recognition mechanism of E5-CRD is of great interest...
- Assessment of visceral pain-related pseudo-affective responses to colorectal distension in mice by intracolonic manometric recordingsSusanne Arvidsson
Integrative Pharmacology Gastrointestinal Biology, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
J Pain 7:108-18. 2006..a new manometric method has been proposed to quantify visceromotor responses (VMR) to colorectal distension (CRD) in rats. This method is based on monitoring pressure changes within the distending balloon during CRD...
- The carbohydrate-recognition domain of E-selectin is sufficient for ligand binding under both static and flow conditionsF Kolbinger
Ciba Central Research, Basel, Switzerland
Biochemistry 35:6385-92. 1996..adhesion molecules with a well-defined domain structure comprised of a lectin or carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD), an epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like motif, and a variable number of consensus repeats (CRs)...
- CRX/OTX3: a useful marker in the differential diagnosis of tumors of the pineal region and indicator of photoreceptor differentiation in medulloblastomas and atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorsGerrit H Gielen
Institute of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn, Germany
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 21:248-53. 2013CRX (OTX3) is a transcription factor of the OTX homeobox family, whose expression and function is essential for the development and differentiation of retinal and pineal cells...
- Sex differences in spinal processing of transient and inflammatory colorectal stimuli in the ratYaping Ji
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 153:1965-73. 2012..The visceromotor response to colorectal distention (CRD) was more robust in normal female rats and after intracolonic mustard oil compared with that in male rats...
- Expression and characterization of a variant of TACI (CRD2-shortTACIFc) in Pichia pastorisRui Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, The Ministry of Education, Shanghai Medical College, Shanghai, People s Republiof China
Protein Pept Lett 19:315-25. 2012..The extracellular domain of a typical TNFR contains multiple copies of CRD, which bind in the monomermonomer interfaces of a trimeric ligand...
- Butyrate attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in intestinal cells and Crohn's mucosa through modulation of antioxidant defense machineryIlaria Russo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e32841. 2012..stress plays an important role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn's disease (CrD)...
- CB1 receptors mediate the analgesic effects of cannabinoids on colorectal distension-induced visceral pain in rodentsMikael Brusberg
Biosciences, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Mölndal SE 431 83, Sweden
J Neurosci 29:1554-64. 2009..cannabinoid system on basal pain responses and acute mechanical hyperalgesia during colorectal distension (CRD) in rodents...
- Age-related sensitization profiles for hazelnut (Corylus avellana) in a birch-endemic regionK J De Knop
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Immunology Allergology Rheumatology, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Antwerp, Belgium
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 22:e139-49. 2011..Symptoms of hazelnut allergy seem related to geographic and possibly age variations in allergen recognition...
- Subdiaphragmatic vagal afferent nerves modulate visceral painS L Chen
Gastroenterology Research Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0682, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1441-9. 2008..Visceromotor responses (VMR) to graded colorectal distension (CRD) were recorded from the abdominal muscles in conscious rats...
- CRX ChIP-seq reveals the cis-regulatory architecture of mouse photoreceptorsJoseph C Corbo
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1024, USA
Genome Res 20:1512-25. 2010..Cone-rod homeobox (CRX) is a key transcription factor in photoreceptor differentiation and survival, but its in vivo targets are largely ..
- Functional and structural changes in the retina of wire-haired dachshunds with early-onset cone-rod dystrophyErnst O Ropstad
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Division of Genetics, Norwegian University School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1106-15. 2008To describe and classify the morphologic changes in a naturally occurring dog model of early-onset cone-rod dystrophy (CRD) and to correlate these with earlier described clinical characteristics of the disease in dogs.
- Lack of colonic-inflammation-induced acute visceral hypersensitivity to colorectal distension in Na(v)1.9 knockout miceV Martinez
Integrative Pharmacology, Gastrointestinal Biology, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Eur J Pain 12:934-44. 2008..9 knockout (KO) mice. Colorectal distension (CRD)-induced visceral pain was assessed in conscious wild-type and Na(v)1.9 KO mice (C57Bl/6 background)...
- Molecular basis of LMAN1 in coordinating LMAN1-MCFD2 cargo receptor formation and ER-to-Golgi transport of FV/FVIIIChunlei Zheng
Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Blood 116:5698-706. 2010..LMAN1 (ERGIC-53) is a hexameric transmembrane protein with a carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) on the ER luminal side...
- Lactobacillus farciminis treatment attenuates stress-induced overexpression of Fos protein in spinal and supraspinal sites after colorectal distension in ratsA Ait-Belgnaoui
Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, UMR INRA EI Purpan, Toulouse, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:567-73, e18-9. 2009..have previously shown that Lactobacillus farciminis treatment abolished the hyperalgesia to colorectal distension (CRD) induced by acute stress...
- Dietary cholesterol from eggs increases plasma HDL cholesterol in overweight men consuming a carbohydrate-restricted dietGisella Mutungi
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Nutr 138:272-6. 2008Carbohydrate-restricted diets (CRD) significantly decrease body weight and independently improve plasma triglycerides (TG) and HDL cholesterol (HDL-C)...
- The carbohydrate recognition domain of Langerin reveals high structural similarity with the one of DC-SIGN but an additional, calcium-independent sugar-binding siteLorenz Chatwell
Lehrstuhl fur Biologische Chemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Mol Immunol 45:1981-94. 2008..region with several heptad repeats and an exposed carboxy-terminal calcium-type carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD). The CRD of human Langerin, which was expressed as a soluble protein in the periplasm of E...
- Proteinase-activated receptor-4 evoked colorectal analgesia in mice: an endogenously activated feed-back loop in visceral inflammatory painA Annahazi
Toxalim UMR 1331 INRA INP UPS Neuro Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Toulouse, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 24:76-85, e13. 2012..receptor-4 (PAR-4) from the colonic lumen has an antinociceptive effect to colorectal distension (CRD) in mice in basal conditions...
- Risk factors for development of cardiovascular complications in patients with chronic renal disease and diabetic nephropathyAmra Mataradzija
Clinic for Nephrology, University of Sarajevo Clinics Centre, Bolnicka 25, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 10:S44-50. 2010..The aim of our paper is to evaluate the risk factors of cardiovascular complications in patients with various stages of chronic renal disease (CRD), with or without diabetes mellitus (DM).
- RegIV potentiates colorectal carcinoma cell migration and invasion via its CRD domainYing Guo
Department of Pathology, Southeastern University, Nanjing, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 199:38-44. 2010..In this study, we investigated the role of RegIV and its CRD domain in the invasion and migration of human colorectal carcinoma LoVo cells. Recombinant plasmids, pcDNA3...
- Under-report and underdiagnosis of chronic respiratory diseases in an African countryP Martins
Immunoallergy Department, Dona Estefania Hospital, Rua Jacinta Marto, Lisbon, Portugal
Allergy 64:1061-7. 2009Chronic respiratory diseases (CRD) are greatly underestimated...
- Carotid artery stenting: Impact of practitioner specialty and volume on outcomes and resource utilizationTodd R Vogel
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Surgical Outcomes Research Group, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
J Vasc Surg 49:1166-71. 2009..We analyzed differences in outcomes after CAS was performed by radiologists (RAD), cardiologists (CRD), and vascular surgeons (VAS).
- [Relationship between NR1 subunit of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor and visceral hypersensitivity caused by acute restraint stress: experiment with rats]Lei Shen
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:939-42. 2009..To investigate the response of NR1 subunit of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor to restraint stress in intestinal tract...
- Differential CRX and OTX2 expression in human retina and retinoblastomaDarryl D Glubrecht
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Neurochem 111:250-63. 2009..of the orthodenticle family implicated in photoreceptor and bipolar cell differentiation, cone-rod homeobox, CRX, and orthodenticle homeobox 2, OTX2, in normal human retina, retinoblastoma cell lines and retinoblastoma tumors...
- Sensitization profiles in birch pollen-allergic patients with and without oral allergy syndrome to apple: lessons from multiplexed component-resolved allergy diagnosisD G Ebo
Departments of Immunology, Allergology, Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 40:339-47. 2010Component-resolved diagnosis (CRD) using microarray technology has recently been introduced into the field of clinical allergology.
- The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of bariatric (weight loss) surgery for obesity: a systematic review and economic evaluationJ Picot
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre, University of Southampton, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-190, 215-357, iii-iv. 2009..To assess the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery for obesity...
- Increased cardiovascular risk in rats with primary renal dysfunction; mediating role for vascular endothelial functionM K Szymański
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Basic Res Cardiol 107:242. 2012..to experimental myocardial infarction to induce cardiac dysfunction (CD) and combined cardiorenal dysfunction (CRD), respectively (N = 5-10). Twelve weeks later, cardiac- and renal parameters were evaluated...
- [Study of oxidative stress in advanced kidney disease]M J Puchades Montesa
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Nefrologia 29:464-73. 2009Introduction Patients with Chronic renal Disease (CRD) often have cardiovascular disease that is the main cause of morbidity and mortality. Oxidative stress and a subclinical inflammation are crucial factors in its development...
- Anatomical changes in the primary visual cortex of the congenitally blind Crx-/- mouseY Goldshmit
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Vic, 3800 Australia
Neuroscience 166:886-98. 2010Mutations in the human cone-rod homeobox (Crx) gene are associated with retinal dystrophies such as Leber Congenital Amaurosis (LCA), characterized by complete or near complete absence of vision from birth...
- Inducible galectins are expressed in the inflamed pharynx of the ascidian Ciona intestinalisAiti Vizzini
Department of Environmental Biology and Biodiversity, Laboratory of Marine Immunobiology, University of Palermo, Via Archirafi 18, 90123 Palermo, Italy
Fish Shellfish Immunol 32:101-9. 2012..In the present paper, to contribute in disclosing Bi-CRD galectin evolution a novel attempt was carried out on CiLgals-a and -b CRDs phylogenetic analysis, and their ..
- ENHANCING COLLECTIN MEDIATED HOST DEFENSEKevan Hartshorn; Fiscal Year: 2001..which incorporates the N-terminus and collagen domain of SP-D fused with the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) of conglutinin...
- The effect of TLR4 inhibition on lung transplant ischemia-reperfusion injuryPERRY ARTHUR GENOVA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The purpose of the Phase I STTR is to determine if CRX-526, a TLR4 inhibitor that we showed prevents edema due to IRI, can ameliorate lung IRI...
- ADHERENCE BLOCKING VACCINE FOR AMEBIASISWilliam Petri; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Project 2, recombinant CRD containing peptides will be expressed in edible plants...
- MURINE CRD: A MODEL OF CHRONIC PULMONARY IMFLAMMATIONGail Cassell; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Metabolism of Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal DiseaseLeticia Castillo; Fiscal Year: 2006..The aims are: (1) to assess NO bioavailability in CRD and ESRD patients and in healthy controls in relation to: (l...
- Smoked Marijuana Discrimination and Marijuana Choice in Humans: A Laboratory ModeLeslie H Lundahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Drug choice procedures offer another valid approach for testing CRD medications...
- PULMONARY SURFACTANT DYNAMICS AND SURFACTANT PROTEIN ADENNIS VOELKER; Fiscal Year: 2000..formation, 2) a collagen domain, 3) an alpha helical forming neck region, and 4) a carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)...
- Genetic variability of E. histolytica in TurkeyWilliam Petri; Fiscal Year: 2004..Genetic diversity will be determined by 1) nested PCR amplification and sequencing of the CRD region of the lectin gene, 2) nested PCR -SREHP gene and 3) DNA microarray analysis...
- Role of an RNA-Binding Protein in Mammary CarcinogenesisJeffrey Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..We call it the c-myc Coding Region instability Determinant-binding Protein or CRD-BP. because it binds to an instability determinant in the c-myc mRNA coding region...
- Modeling Sweet Protein-Receptor InteractionsMeng Cui; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Venus Flytrap Module (VFTM) and Cysteine Rich Domain (CRD) can be modeled based on the crystal structures of metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs)...
- Agonist & Antagonist Activity and Binding on the TMD of hT1R3Marianna Max; Fiscal Year: 2010..least 4 binding regions of the sweet receptor: the venus fly trap module (VFTM) of hT1R2, the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of hT1R3 and the transmembrane domain (TMD) of hT1R3...
- The Role of the TM of T1R2 in Sweet Receptor ActivationMarianna Max; Fiscal Year: 2009..sweeteners, natural sugars and dipeptide sweeteners), the VFTM of hT1R3 (natural sugars), the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of hT1R3 (brazzein) and the transmembrane domain (TMD) of hT1R3 (cyclamate and NHDC)...
- AIR POLLUTANTS AND CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASEGail Thomas; Fiscal Year: 1980The objective of this program is to establish chronic respiratory disease (CRD) in mice using a strain of Mycoplasma pulmonis and to determine the effects of exposure to ozone (O3) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) on the disease...