Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CREB5
Description: cAMP responsive element binding protein 5
Alias: CRE-BPA, CREB-5, cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 5, cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BPa
- Nevalainen T, Kananen L, Marttila S, JylhÃ¤ M, Hervonen A, Hurme M, et al. Transcriptomic and epigenetic analyses reveal a gender difference in aging-associated inflammation: the Vitality 90+ study. Age (Dordr). 2015;37:9814 pubmed publisher..Among these genes were IL1RN, CREB5, and FAIM3, which mapped to a network of inflammatory response genes...
- Lawrenson K, Iversen E, Tyrer J, Weber R, Concannon P, Hazelett D, et al. Common variants at the CHEK2 gene locus and risk of epithelial ovarian cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:1341-53 pubmed publisher..We found evidence of associations with EOC risk for variants at FANCA, EXO1, E2F4, E2F2, CREB5 and CHEK2 genes (P ≤ 0.001). The strongest risk association was for CHEK2 SNP rs17507066 with serous EOC (P = 4...
- Nomura N, Zu Y, Maekawa T, Tabata S, Akiyama T, Ishii S. Isolation and characterization of a novel member of the gene family encoding the cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:4259-66 pubmed..CRE-BPa will be useful to clarify the mechanism of CRE-mediated transcriptional activation by E1A or c-Jun. ..
- He S, Deng Y, Liao Y, Li X, Liu J, Yao S. CREB5 promotes tumor cell invasion and correlates with poor prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:8156-8161 pubmed publisherCAMP responsive element binding protein 5 (CREB5) has crucial roles in regulating cell growth, proliferation, differentiation and cell cycle regulation. CREB5 has been identified to be overexpressed in several types of human cancer...
- Liu C, Cheng J, Li T, Tan P. Integrated analysis of microRNA and mRNA expression profiles in the rat spinal cord under inflammatory pain conditions. Eur J Neurosci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..group, significant changes were noted in miR-124, miR-29, miR-34, miR-30, miR-338 and their target genes, TIMP2, CREB5 and EFNB1...
- Bhardwaj A, Singh H, Rajapakshe K, Tachibana K, Ganesan N, Pan Y, et al. Regulation of miRNA-29c and its downstream pathways in preneoplastic progression of triple-negative breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19645-19660 pubmed publisher..binding and regulation of TGFB-induced factor homeobox 2 (TGIF2), CAMP-responsive element binding protein 5 (CREB5), and V-Akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 (AKT3)...
- Malinowski J, Denny J, Bielinski S, Basford M, Bradford Y, Peissig P, et al. Genetic variants associated with serum thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels in European Americans and African Americans from the eMERGE Network. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111301 pubmed publisher..These results support the previously reported association between PDE8B and serum TSH levels in European Americans and emphasize the need for additional genetic studies in more diverse populations. ..
- Qi L, Ding Y. Involvement of the CREB5 regulatory network in colorectal cancer metastasis. Yi Chuan. 2014;36:679-84 pubmed publisher..Previous studies suggested that CREB5 (cAMP responsive element binding protein 5) might play key role in the metastatic signal network of colorectal ..
- Zhang X, Liu H, Xie Z, Deng W, Wu C, Qin B, et al. Epigenetically regulated miR-449a enhances hepatitis B virus replication by targeting cAMP-responsive element binding protein 5 and modulating hepatocytes phenotype. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25389 pubmed publisher..miR-449a directly targeted cAMP-responsive element binding protein 5 (CREB5), which in turn induced the expression of farnesoid X receptor ? (FXR?), a transcription factor that facilitates ..
- Gong Z, Zhang S, Zeng Z, Wu H, Yang Q, Xiong F, et al. LOC401317, a p53-regulated long non-coding RNA, inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in the nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line HNE2. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e110674 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that LOC401317 is directly regulated by p53 and exerts antitumor effects in HNE2 nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. ..
- Schosser A, Butler A, Uher R, Ng M, Cohen Woods S, Craddock N, et al. Genome-wide association study of co-occurring anxiety in major depression. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2013;14:611-21 pubmed publisher..Although suggestive evidence of association was found for several SNPs, our findings suggest that there are no common variants strongly associated with anxious depression. ..
- Leparc G, Mitra R. Non-EST-based prediction of novel alternatively spliced cassette exons with cell signaling function in Caenorhabditis elegans and human. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3192-202 pubmed..Overall, PASE was able to uncover 59 novel alternative cassette exons in C. elegans and humans through a genome-wide ab initio prediction method that enriches for exons involved in signaling. ..
- Zu Y, Maekawa T, Nomura N, Nakata T, Ishii S. Regulation of trans-activating capacity of CRE-BPa by phorbol ester tumor promoter TPA. Oncogene. 1993;8:2749-58 pubmed..These results indicate that CRE-BPa is a CRE-dependent trans-activator, and that CRE-BPa can confer TPA inducibility on CRE. Thus, CRE-BPa has an unique characteristic of cross-talk between cAMP pathway and TPA pathway. ..