Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPSF3
Description: cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 3
Alias: CPSF-73, CPSF73, cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 3, cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 3, 73kDa, mRNA 3'-end-processing endonuclease CPSF-73
- Cardiello J, Goodrich J, Kugel J. Heat Shock Causes a Reversible Increase in RNA Polymerase II Occupancy Downstream of mRNA Genes, Consistent with a Global Loss in Transcriptional Termination. Mol Cell Biol. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..The occupancy of the termination factor CPSF73 at the 3' ends of representative genes was reduced after heat shock, suggesting a mechanism for impaired ..
- Chan S, Huppertz I, Yao C, Weng L, Moresco J, Yates J, et al. CPSF30 and Wdr33 directly bind to AAUAAA in mammalian mRNA 3' processing. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2370-80 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that AAUAAA recognition in mammalian mRNA 3' processing is more complex than previously thought and involves multiple protein-RNA interactions. ..
- Albrecht T, Wagner E. snRNA 3' end formation requires heterodimeric association of integrator subunits. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1112-23 pubmed publisher..11 (IntS9/11) are thought to contain the catalytic activity based on their high sequence similarity to CPSF100 and CPSF73, which have been shown to be components of both the poly(A)(+) and histone pre-mRNA cleavage complex...
- Wall R, Rico E, Lukac I, Zuccotto F, Elg S, Gilbert I, et al. Clinical and veterinary trypanocidal benzoxaboroles target CPSF3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:9616-9621 pubmed publisher..approach was used to identify the target of the benzoxaboroles, Cleavage and Polyadenylation Specificity Factor 3 (CPSF3, Tb927.4.1340). We validated the CPSF3 endonuclease as the target, using independent overexpression strains...
- Tatomer D, Rizzardi L, Curry K, Witkowski A, Marzluff W, Duronio R. Drosophila Symplekin localizes dynamically to the histone locus body and tricellular junctions. Nucleus. 2014;5:613-25 pubmed publisher..This localization depends on the RNA binding protein ypsilon schachtel. CPSF-73 and a number of mRNAs are localized at this same site, suggesting that Symplekin participates in cytoplasmic polyadenylation at tricellular junctions. ..
- Zhang B, Liu Y, Liu D, Yang L. Targeting cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 1 via shRNA inhibits cell proliferation in human ovarian cancer. J Biosci. 2017;42:417-425 pubmed..These data suggested that CPSF1 could promote ovarian cancer cell growth and proliferation in vitro and its depletion might serve as a potential therapeutic target for human ovarian cancer. ..
- Eifler T, Shao W, Bartholomeeusen K, Fujinaga K, JÃ¤ger S, Johnson J, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 12 increases 3' end processing of growth factor-induced c-FOS transcripts. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:468-78 pubmed publisher..of cleavage-stimulating factor 64 (Cstf64) and 73-kDa subunit of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF73), was reduced at the c-FOS gene. These effects impaired 3' end processing of c-FOS transcripts...
- Schaughency P, Merran J, Corden J. Genome-wide mapping of yeast RNA polymerase II termination. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004632 pubmed publisher..The data presented here provide delineation of in vivo Pol II termination regions and highlight differences in the sequences that signal termination of different classes of non-pA transcripts. ..
- Chen L, Liang L, Luo X, Guo M, Zhang S, Lu Z, et al. [Preliminary experiences of endoscopic COâ‚‚ laser cauterization for treatment of congenital pyriform sinus fistula]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2014;49:582-5 pubmed..The endoscopic COâ‚‚ laser cauterization is safe, effective, repeatable and minimally invasive, which can be suggested as first-line treatment for congenital pyriform sinus fistula. ..
- Lee K, Tarn W. TRAP150 activates splicing in composite terminal exons. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:12822-32 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that TRAP150 provides an additional layer of PCPA regulation, through which it may increase the diversity of abortive RNA transcripts under conditions of compromised gene expression. ..
- Misra A, Ou J, Zhu L, Green M. Global Promotion of Alternative Internal Exon Usage by mRNA 3' End Formation Factors. Mol Cell. 2015;58:819-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal an unanticipated role for mRNA 3' end formation factors in global promotion of alternative splicing. ..
- Dong J, Tian X. [Experience of diagnosis and treatment for congenital pyriform sinus fistula]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2018;53:444-447 pubmed publisher..1%?22????????????0.5?6?????? ??? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Hett A, West S. Inhibition of U4 snRNA in human cells causes the stable retention of polyadenylated pre-mRNA in the nucleus. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96174 pubmed publisher..of pre-mRNA and the formation of enlarged speckles were sensitive to depletion of the 3' end processing factor, CPSF73, suggesting a requirement for poly(A) site processing in this mechanism...
- SchÃ¶nemann L, KÃ¼hn U, Martin G, SchÃ¤fer P, Gruber A, Keller W, et al. Reconstitution of CPSF active in polyadenylation: recognition of the polyadenylation signal by WDR33. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2381-93 pubmed publisher..and sufficient to reconstitute a CPSF subcomplex active in AAUAAA-dependent polyadenylation, whereas CPSF100, CPSF73, and symplekin are dispensable...
- Skrajna A, Yang X, Bucholc K, Zhang J, Hall T, Dadlez M, et al. U7 snRNP is recruited to histone pre-mRNA in a FLASH-dependent manner by two separate regions of the stem-loop binding protein. RNA. 2017;23:938-951 pubmed publisher..Lsm11 interacts with FLASH and together they bring a subset of polyadenylation factors to U7 snRNP, including the CPSF73 endonuclease that cleaves histone pre-mRNA...
- Clouet d Orval B, Phung D, Langendijk Genevaux P, Quentin Y. Universal RNA-degrading enzymes in Archaea: Prevalence, activities and functions of Î²-CASP ribonucleases. Biochimie. 2015;118:278-85 pubmed publisher..Three Î²-CASP orthologous groups, aCPSF1, aCPSF2, aCPSF1b, are closely related to the eukaryal CPSF73 termination factor and one, aRNase J, is ortholog of the bacterial RNase J...
- Levy S, Allerston C, Liveanu V, Habib M, Gileadi O, Schuster G. Identification of LACTB2, a metallo-Î²-lactamase protein, as a human mitochondrial endoribonuclease. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:1813-32 pubmed publisher..Solving its crystal structure revealed almost perfect alignment of the MBL domain with CPSF73, as well as to other ribonucleases of the MBL superfamily...
- Wu Y, Albrecht T, Baillat D, Wagner E, Tong L. Molecular basis for the interaction between Integrator subunits IntS9 and IntS11 and its functional importance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:4394-4399 pubmed publisher..Functional studies demonstrate that the IntS9-IntS11 interaction is crucial for the role of INT in snRNA 3'-end processing. ..
- Clerici M, Faini M, Muckenfuss L, Aebersold R, Jinek M. Structural basis of AAUAAA polyadenylation signal recognition by the human CPSF complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2018;25:135-138 pubmed publisher..The structure reveals the molecular interactions responsible for base-specific recognition, providing a rationale for mechanistic differences between mammalian and yeast 3' polyadenylation. ..
- Chakrabarti M, Hunt A. CPSF30 at the Interface of Alternative Polyadenylation and Cellular Signaling in Plants. Biomolecules. 2015;5:1151-68 pubmed publisher..This review will summarize the biochemical features of CPSF30, its role in regulating APA, and possible links with cellular signaling and stress response modules. ..
- Chen Y, Stuwe E, Luo Y, Ninova M, Le Thomas A, Rozhavskaya E, et al. Cutoff Suppresses RNA Polymerase II Termination to Ensure Expression of piRNA Precursors. Mol Cell. 2016;63:97-109 pubmed publisher..In contrast to other factors that regulate termination by binding to specific signals on nascent RNA, the RDC complex inhibits termination in a chromatin-dependent and sequence-independent manner. ..
- Du P, Wang L, Sliz P, Gregory R. A Biogenesis Step Upstream of Microprocessor Controls miR-17âˆ¼92 Expression. Cell. 2015;162:885-99 pubmed publisher..The endonuclease CPSF3 (CPSF73) and the spliceosome-associated ISY1 are responsible for pro-miRNA biogenesis and expression of all miRNAs within ..
- Misra A, Ou J, Zhu L, Green M. Global analysis of CPSF2-mediated alternative splicing: Integration of global iCLIP and transcriptome profiling data. Genom Data. 2015;6:217-21 pubmed publisher..The raw sequencing data have been deposited in NCBI's Gene Expression Omnibus and are accessible through GEO Series accession number GSE60392. ..
- Sonoiki E, Ng C, Lee M, Guo D, Zhang Y, Zhou Y, et al. A potent antimalarial benzoxaborole targets a Plasmodium falciparum cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor homologue. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14574 pubmed publisher..to AN3661 harboured point mutations in pfcpsf3, which encodes a homologue of mammalian cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 3 (CPSF-73 or CPSF3)...
- Clerici M, Faini M, Aebersold R, Jinek M. Structural insights into the assembly and polyA signal recognition mechanism of the human CPSF complex. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Together, these results shed light on the function of CPSF in mediating PAS-dependent RNA cleavage and polyadenylation. ..
- Tatomer D, Terzo E, Curry K, Salzler H, Sabath I, Zapotoczny G, et al. Concentrating pre-mRNA processing factors in the histone locus body facilitates efficient histone mRNA biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2016;213:557-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, the HLB concentrates FLASH and U7 snRNP, promoting efficient histone mRNA biosynthesis and coupling 3' end processing with transcription termination. ..
- Lin J, Xu R, Wu X, Shen Y, Li Q. Role of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor 100: anchoring poly(A) sites and modulating transcription termination. Plant J. 2017;91:829-839 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a key role for CPSF100 in locating poly(A) sites and affecting transcription termination. ..
- Harrington A, McKain M, Michalski D, Bauer K, Daugherty J, Steiniger M. Drosophila melanogaster retrotransposon and inverted repeat-derived endogenous siRNAs are differentially processed in distinct cellular locations. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:304 pubmed publisher..Additionally, proteins involved in 3' end processing, such as Symplekin, CPSF73 and CPSR100, have been recently implicated in the esiRNA pathway...
- Liu Y, Li S, Chen Y, Kimberlin A, Cahoon E, Yu B. snRNA 3' End Processing by a CPSF73-Containing Complex Essential for Development in Arabidopsis. PLoS Biol. 2016;14:e1002571 pubmed publisher..However, the DSP1 complex does not affect pre-mRNA 3' end cleavage, suggesting that plants may use different CPSF73-I-containing complexes to process snRNAs and pre-mRNAs...
- Ji W, Tong J, Huang Z, Zheng M, Wu X, Chen J, et al. Stabilization of the Craniovertebral Junction with Clivus Plate Constructs: Biomechanical Comparison with Conventional Technique. World Neurosurg. 2016;94:42-49 pubmed publisher..The clivus plate system fixation is biomechanically superior to the conventional fashioned mesh cage fixation in flexion, lateral bending and axial rotation, but equavalent in extension. ..
- Michalski D, Steiniger M. In vivo characterization of the Drosophila mRNA 3' end processing core cleavage complex. RNA. 2015;21:1404-18 pubmed publisherA core cleavage complex (CCC) consisting of CPSF73, CPSF100, and Symplekin is required for cotranscriptional 3' end processing of all metazoan pre-mRNAs, yet little is known about the in vivo molecular interactions within this complex...
- Pettinati I, Brem J, Lee S, McHugh P, Schofield C. The Chemical Biology of Human Metallo-Î²-Lactamase Fold Proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 2016;41:338-355 pubmed publisher..g., ETHE1) and hydrolytic processes (e.g., Glyoxalase II, SNM1 nucleases, and CPSF73)...
- Clerici M, Faini M, Muckenfuss L, Aebersold R, Jinek M. Author Correction: Structural basis of AAUAAA polyadenylation signal recognition by the human CPSF complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2018;25:355 pubmed publisher..This has been corrected to PDB 6F9N. The error has been corrected in the PDF and HTML versions of this article. ..
- Palencia A, Bougdour A, Brenier Pinchart M, Touquet B, Bertini R, Sensi C, et al. Targeting Toxoplasma gondii CPSF3 as a new approach to control toxoplasmosis. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:385-394 pubmed publisher..to be resistant to AN3661 had mutations in TgCPSF3, which encodes a homologue of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 3 (CPSF-73 or CPSF3), an endonuclease involved in mRNA processing in eukaryotes...
- Marzluff W, Koreski K. Birth and Death of Histone mRNAs. Trends Genet. 2017;33:745-759 pubmed publisher..protein), the histone cleavage complex (HCC), and a subset of polyadenylation factors including the endonuclease CPSF73. Histone mRNAs are rapidly degraded when DNA replication is inhibited by a 3' to 5' pathway that requires ..
- Rozenblatt Rosen O, Nagaike T, FRANCIS J, Kaneko S, Glatt K, Hughes C, et al. The tumor suppressor Cdc73 functionally associates with CPSF and CstF 3' mRNA processing factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:755-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Cdc73 facilitates association of 3' mRNA processing factors with actively-transcribed chromatin and support the importance of links between tumor suppression and mRNA maturation. ..
- Takagaki Y, Manley J. Complex protein interactions within the human polyadenylation machinery identify a novel component. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1515-25 pubmed..These and other data suggest that symplekin may function in assembly of the polyadenylation machinery. ..
- Aik W, Lin M, Tan D, Tripathy A, Marzluff W, Dominski Z, et al. The N-terminal domains of FLASH and Lsm11 form a 2:1 heterotrimer for histone pre-mRNA 3'-end processing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186034 pubmed publisher..Using solution light scattering, we characterized the stoichiometry of the FLASH NTD-Lsm11 NTD complex and found that it is a 2:1 heterotrimer, which is supported by observations from analytical ultracentrifugation and crosslinking. ..
- Mellman D, Gonzales M, Song C, Barlow C, Wang P, Kendziorski C, et al. A PtdIns4,5P2-regulated nuclear poly(A) polymerase controls expression of select mRNAs. Nature. 2008;451:1013-7 pubmed publisher..The results reveal a mechanism for the integration of nuclear phosphoinositide signals and a method for regulating gene expression. ..
- McGinty R, Puleo F, Aksenova A, Hisey J, Shishkin A, Pearson E, et al. A Defective mRNA Cleavage and Polyadenylation Complex Facilitates Expansions of Transcribed (GAA)n Repeats Associated with Friedreich's Ataxia. Cell Rep. 2017;20:2490-2500 pubmed publisher..These expansions correlate with slower transcription elongation caused by the ysh1 mutation. These results reveal an interplay between RNA processing and repeat-mediated genome instability, confirming the validity of our approach. ..
- Jiang L, Hu G, Chen F, Du X, Liu B, Liu C. CSR1 suppresses tumor growth and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma via inhibition of HPIP. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:3813-3820 pubmed..CSR1 has critical roles in the regulation of cell apoptosis via inactivation of CPSF3 or preventing the interaction of XIAP with caspases...
- Mandel C, Kaneko S, Zhang H, Gebauer D, Vethantham V, Manley J, et al. Polyadenylation factor CPSF-73 is the pre-mRNA 3'-end-processing endonuclease. Nature. 2006;444:953-6 pubmed..Our studies provide the first direct experimental evidence that CPSF-73 is the pre-mRNA 3'-end-processing endonuclease. ..
- Wilusz J. Putting an 'End' to HIV mRNAs: capping and polyadenylation as potential therapeutic targets. AIDS Res Ther. 2013;10:31 pubmed publisher..This review describes these post-transcriptional novelties of HIV gene expression as well as their implications in viral biology and as possible targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Gonzales M, Mellman D, Anderson R. CKIalpha is associated with and phosphorylates star-PAP and is also required for expression of select star-PAP target messenger RNAs. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12665-73 pubmed publisher..The Star-PAP complex therefore represents a location where multiple signaling pathways converge to regulate the expression of specific mRNAs. ..
- Kaufmann I, Martin G, Friedlein A, Langen H, Keller W. Human Fip1 is a subunit of CPSF that binds to U-rich RNA elements and stimulates poly(A) polymerase. EMBO J. 2004;23:616-26 pubmed..These results show that hFip1 significantly contributes to CPSF-mediated stimulation of PAP activity. ..
- McCracken S, Fong N, Yankulov K, Ballantyne S, Pan G, Greenblatt J, et al. The C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II couples mRNA processing to transcription. Nature. 1997;385:357-61 pubmed
- Thuresson A, Astrom J, Astrom A, Gronvik K, Virtanen A. Multiple forms of poly(A) polymerases in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:979-83 pubmed..Interestingly, tentative phosphorylation sites have been identified in this region, suggesting that phosphorylation/dephosphorylation may regulate the interaction between the two polyadenylylation factors PAP and CPSF. ..
- Sun Y, Zhang Y, Hamilton K, Manley J, Shi Y, Walz T, et al. Molecular basis for the recognition of the human AAUAAA polyadenylation signal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E1419-E1428 pubmed publisher..CPSF-160 functions as an essential scaffold and preorganizes CPSF-30 and WDR33 for high-affinity binding to AAUAAA. Our findings provide an elegant molecular explanation for how PAS sequences are recognized for mRNA 3'-end formation. ..
- Jenny A, Minvielle Sebastia L, Preker P, Keller W. Sequence similarity between the 73-kilodalton protein of mammalian CPSF and a subunit of yeast polyadenylation factor I. Science. 1996;274:1514-7 pubmed..This finding was unexpected because in contrast to CPSF, PFI is only required for the polyadenylation reaction. These results contribute to the understanding of how 3'-end processing factors may have evolved. ..
- KÃ¶hn M, Ihling C, Sinz A, Krohn K, HÃ¼ttelmaier S. The Y3** ncRNA promotes the 3' end processing of histone mRNAs. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1998-2003 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that the Y3** ncRNA promotes the 3' end processing of histone pre-mRNAs by enhancing the recruitment of the CPSF to histone pre-mRNAs at HLBs. ..
- Laishram R, Anderson R. The poly A polymerase Star-PAP controls 3'-end cleavage by promoting CPSF interaction and specificity toward the pre-mRNA. EMBO J. 2010;29:4132-45 pubmed publisher..In vitro and in vivo Star-PAP was required for the stable association of CPSF complex to pre-mRNA and then CPSF 73 specifically cleaved the mRNA at the 3'-cleavage site...
- Huang S, Chen L, Zhang B, Liang L, Gong X, Zhou Z, et al. [Value of modified Killian's method in diagnosis of congenital pyriform sinus fistula]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;52:744-748 pubmed publisher..05)。 结论： mk检查可清晰显露下咽解剖结构及梨状窝底部内瘘口，安全可行、直观有效、便捷经济，可作为临床疑似先天性梨状窝瘘术前诊断和术后随访的有效补充。. ..
- Yang X, Sullivan K, Marzluff W, Dominski Z. Studies of the 5' exonuclease and endonuclease activities of CPSF-73 in histone pre-mRNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:31-42 pubmed publisher..RNA interference experiments with HeLa cells indicate that degradation of the DCP does not depend on the Xrn2 5' exonuclease, suggesting that CPSF-73 degrades the DCP both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Dantonel J, Murthy K, Manley J, Tora L. Transcription factor TFIID recruits factor CPSF for formation of 3' end of mRNA. Nature. 1997;389:399-402 pubmed..Our observations have thus revealed a link between transcription initiation and elongation by RNA polymerase II and processing of the 3' end of mRNA. ..
- Wang S, He Y, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Shah R, Feng G, et al. CO2 laser cauterization approach to congenital pyriform sinus fistula. J Pediatr Surg. 2018;53:1313-1317 pubmed publisher..05). CO2 laser cauterization with suspension microlaryngoscopy is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive approach to CPSF with optimal patient outcomes. Treatment Study. Level III. ..
- Kolev N, Yario T, Benson E, Steitz J. Conserved motifs in both CPSF73 and CPSF100 are required to assemble the active endonuclease for histone mRNA 3'-end maturation. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1013-8 pubmed publisher..This indicates that CPSF73 and CPSF100 act together in the process of maturation of eukaryotic pre-messenger RNAs, similar to other members ..
- Sagawa F, Ibrahim H, Morrison A, Wilusz C, Wilusz J. Nucleophosmin deposition during mRNA 3' end processing influences poly(A) tail length. EMBO J. 2011;30:3994-4005 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that NPM1 has an important role in poly(A) tail length determination and may help network 3' end processing with other aspects of nuclear mRNA maturation. ..
- Jenny A, Hauri H, Keller W. Characterization of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor and cloning of its 100-kilodalton subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:8183-90 pubmed..Immunofluorescent detection of CPSF in HeLa cells localized it in the nucleoplasm, excluding cytoplasm and nucleolar structures. ..
- de Vries H, Rüegsegger U, Hubner W, Friedlein A, Langen H, Keller W. Human pre-mRNA cleavage factor II(m) contains homologs of yeast proteins and bridges two other cleavage factors. EMBO J. 2000;19:5895-904 pubmed..hClp1 interacts with CF I(m) and the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor CPSF, suggesting that it bridges these two 3' end processing factors within the cleavage complex. ..
- Zhu Z, Yu Y, Shi Y, Nelson J, Luo J. CSR1 induces cell death through inactivation of CPSF3. Oncogene. 2009;28:41-51 pubmed publisher..cDNA library using a yeast two-hybrid system and found that the cleavage and polyadenylation-specific factor 3 (CPSF3), an essential component for converting heteronuclear RNA to mRNA, binds with high affinity to the CSR1 C terminus...
- Yang X, Sabath I, Debski J, Kaus Drobek M, Dadlez M, Marzluff W, et al. A complex containing the CPSF73 endonuclease and other polyadenylation factors associates with U7 snRNP and is recruited to histone pre-mRNA for 3'-end processing. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:28-37 pubmed publisher..The cleavage reaction is catalyzed by CPSF73 and depends on the U7 snRNP and its integral component, Lsm11...
- Yankulov K, Todorov I, Romanowski P, Licatalosi D, Cilli K, McCracken S, et al. MCM proteins are associated with RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6154-63 pubmed..These results suggest a new function for MCM proteins as components of the Pol II transcriptional apparatus. ..
- Murthy K, Manley J. The 160-kD subunit of human cleavage-polyadenylation specificity factor coordinates pre-mRNA 3'-end formation. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2672-83 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these multiple functions and also a possible evolutionary link between yeast and mammalian polyadenylation suggested by the properties and sequence of 160K. ..