Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPSF2
Description: cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 2
Alias: CPSF100, cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 2, CPSF 100 kDa subunit, CPSF 100kDa subunit, cleavage and polyadenylation specific factor 2, 100kDa, cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor 100 kDa subunit
- Lin J, Xu R, Wu X, Shen Y, Li Q. Role of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor 100: anchoring poly(A) sites and modulating transcription termination. Plant J. 2017;91:829-839 pubmed publisherb>CPSF100 is a core component of the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF) complex for 3'-end formation of mRNA, but it still has no clear functional assignment...
- Mellman D, Gonzales M, Song C, Barlow C, Wang P, Kendziorski C, et al. A PtdIns4,5P2-regulated nuclear poly(A) polymerase controls expression of select mRNAs. Nature. 2008;451:1013-7 pubmed publisher..The results reveal a mechanism for the integration of nuclear phosphoinositide signals and a method for regulating gene expression. ..
- Kolev N, Yario T, Benson E, Steitz J. Conserved motifs in both CPSF73 and CPSF100 are required to assemble the active endonuclease for histone mRNA 3'-end maturation. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1013-8 pubmed publisher..This indicates that CPSF73 and CPSF100 act together in the process of maturation of eukaryotic pre-messenger RNAs, similar to other members of the MBL ..
- Monsalve M, Wu Z, Adelmant G, Puigserver P, Fan M, Spiegelman B. Direct coupling of transcription and mRNA processing through the thermogenic coactivator PGC-1. Mol Cell. 2000;6:307-16 pubmed..PGC-1 can alter the processing of an mRNA, but only when it is loaded onto the promoter of the gene. These data demonstrate the coordinated regulation of RNA transcription and processing through PGC-1. ..
- Kaufmann I, Martin G, Friedlein A, Langen H, Keller W. Human Fip1 is a subunit of CPSF that binds to U-rich RNA elements and stimulates poly(A) polymerase. EMBO J. 2004;23:616-26 pubmed..These results show that hFip1 significantly contributes to CPSF-mediated stimulation of PAP activity. ..
- Samiotaki M, Balatsos N, Courtis N, Tsiapalis C. Assignment of the 100-kDa subunit of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF2) to human chromosome 14q31.3 by radiation hybrid mapping. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;90:328-9 pubmed
- Thuresson A, Astrom J, Astrom A, Gronvik K, Virtanen A. Multiple forms of poly(A) polymerases in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:979-83 pubmed..Interestingly, tentative phosphorylation sites have been identified in this region, suggesting that phosphorylation/dephosphorylation may regulate the interaction between the two polyadenylylation factors PAP and CPSF. ..
- Schul W, Groenhout B, Koberna K, Takagaki Y, Jenny A, Manders E, et al. The RNA 3' cleavage factors CstF 64 kDa and CPSF 100 kDa are concentrated in nuclear domains closely associated with coiled bodies and newly synthesized RNA. EMBO J. 1996;15:2883-92 pubmed..in the nuclei of human T24 cells, monoclonal antibodies against the CstF 64 kDa subunit and against the CPSF 100 kDa subunit were used for immunofluorescent labelling...
- Sagawa F, Ibrahim H, Morrison A, Wilusz C, Wilusz J. Nucleophosmin deposition during mRNA 3' end processing influences poly(A) tail length. EMBO J. 2011;30:3994-4005 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that NPM1 has an important role in poly(A) tail length determination and may help network 3' end processing with other aspects of nuclear mRNA maturation. ..
- Di Giammartino D, Li W, Ogami K, Yashinskie J, Hoque M, Tian B, et al. RBBP6 isoforms regulate the human polyadenylation machinery and modulate expression of mRNAs with AU-rich 3' UTRs. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2248-60 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate RBBP6 and iso3 as novel regulators of 3' processing, especially of RNAs with AU-rich 3' UTRs. ..
- Bienroth S, Keller W, Wahle E. Assembly of a processive messenger RNA polyadenylation complex. EMBO J. 1993;12:585-94 pubmed..Only the complex formed from all three proteins is competent for the processive synthesis of a full-length poly(A) tail. ..
- Takagaki Y, Manley J. Complex protein interactions within the human polyadenylation machinery identify a novel component. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1515-25 pubmed..These and other data suggest that symplekin may function in assembly of the polyadenylation machinery. ..
- Sung T, Kim M, Kim T, Kim W, Park Y, Song D, et al. Negative Expression of CPSF2 Predicts a Poorer Clinical Outcome in Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Thyroid. 2015;25:1020-5 pubmed publisher..A recent study reported that loss of the Cleavage and Polyadenylation Specificity Factor Subunit 2 (CPSF2) gene was associated with increased cellular invasion, cancer stem cells, and ..
- Rozenblatt Rosen O, Nagaike T, FRANCIS J, Kaneko S, Glatt K, Hughes C, et al. The tumor suppressor Cdc73 functionally associates with CPSF and CstF 3' mRNA processing factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:755-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Cdc73 facilitates association of 3' mRNA processing factors with actively-transcribed chromatin and support the importance of links between tumor suppression and mRNA maturation. ..
- Murthy K, Manley J. The 160-kD subunit of human cleavage-polyadenylation specificity factor coordinates pre-mRNA 3'-end formation. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2672-83 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these multiple functions and also a possible evolutionary link between yeast and mammalian polyadenylation suggested by the properties and sequence of 160K. ..
- Nilubol N, Boufraqech M, Zhang L, Kebebew E. Loss of CPSF2 expression is associated with increased thyroid cancer cellular invasion and cancer stem cell population, and more aggressive disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:E1173-82 pubmed publisher..Experiemental Design: We selected the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor subunit 2 (CPSF2) gene from the top 5 significantly dysregulated genes associated with PTC-..
- Laishram R, Anderson R. The poly A polymerase Star-PAP controls 3'-end cleavage by promoting CPSF interaction and specificity toward the pre-mRNA. EMBO J. 2010;29:4132-45 pubmed publisher..The data support a model where Star-PAP binds to the RNA, recruits the CPSF complex to the 3'-end of pre-mRNA and then defines cleavage by CPSF 73 and subsequent polyadenylation of its target mRNAs. ..
- de Vries H, Rüegsegger U, Hubner W, Friedlein A, Langen H, Keller W. Human pre-mRNA cleavage factor II(m) contains homologs of yeast proteins and bridges two other cleavage factors. EMBO J. 2000;19:5895-904 pubmed..hClp1 interacts with CF I(m) and the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor CPSF, suggesting that it bridges these two 3' end processing factors within the cleavage complex. ..
- Dantonel J, Murthy K, Manley J, Tora L. Transcription factor TFIID recruits factor CPSF for formation of 3' end of mRNA. Nature. 1997;389:399-402 pubmed..Our observations have thus revealed a link between transcription initiation and elongation by RNA polymerase II and processing of the 3' end of mRNA. ..
- Misra A, Ou J, Zhu L, Green M. Global Promotion of Alternative Internal Exon Usage by mRNA 3' End Formation Factors. Mol Cell. 2015;58:819-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal an unanticipated role for mRNA 3' end formation factors in global promotion of alternative splicing. ..
- Hodgman R, Tay J, Mendez R, Richter J. CPEB phosphorylation and cytoplasmic polyadenylation are catalyzed by the kinase IAK1/Eg2 in maturing mouse oocytes. Development. 2001;128:2815-22 pubmed..These data indicate that cytoplasmic polyadenylation in mouse oocytes is mediated by IAK1/Eg2-catalyzed phosphorylation of CPEB. ..
- Jenny A, Hauri H, Keller W. Characterization of cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor and cloning of its 100-kilodalton subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:8183-90 pubmed..Immunofluorescent detection of CPSF in HeLa cells localized it in the nucleoplasm, excluding cytoplasm and nucleolar structures. ..
- Gonzales M, Mellman D, Anderson R. CKIalpha is associated with and phosphorylates star-PAP and is also required for expression of select star-PAP target messenger RNAs. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12665-73 pubmed publisher..The Star-PAP complex therefore represents a location where multiple signaling pathways converge to regulate the expression of specific mRNAs. ..
- McCracken S, Fong N, Yankulov K, Ballantyne S, Pan G, Greenblatt J, et al. The C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II couples mRNA processing to transcription. Nature. 1997;385:357-61 pubmed