Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPEB3
Description: cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein 3
Alias: cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 3, CPE-BP3, CPE-binding protein 3, hCPEB-3
- Chen Y, Bai G, Wu M, Chiao C, Huang Y. Loss of CPEB3 Upregulates MEGF10 to Impair Mosaic Development of ON Starburst Amacrine Cells. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;9:105 pubmedb>Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein 3 (CPEB3) regulates target RNA translation in neurons. Here, we examined CPEB3 distribution and function in the mouse retina...
- Drisaldi B, Colnaghi L, Fioriti L, Rao N, Myers C, Snyder A, et al. SUMOylation Is an Inhibitory Constraint that Regulates the Prion-like Aggregation and Activity of CPEB3. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1694-702 pubmed publisher..The prion-like cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 3 (CPEB3) regulates the translation of several mRNAs important for long-term synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus...
- Fong S, Lin H, Wu M, Chen C, Huang Y. CPEB3 Deficiency Elevates TRPV1 Expression in Dorsal Root Ganglia Neurons to Potentiate Thermosensation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148491 pubmed publisherb>Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein 3 (CPEB3) is a sequence-specific RNA-binding protein that downregulates translation of multiple plasticity-related proteins (PRPs) at the glutamatergic synapses...
- Skilandat M, Rowinska Zyrek M, Sigel R. Secondary structure confirmation and localization of Mg2+ ions in the mammalian CPEB3 ribozyme. RNA. 2016;22:750-63 pubmed publisherMost of today's knowledge of the CPEB3 ribozyme, one of the few small self-cleaving ribozymes known to occur in humans, is based on comparative studies with the hepatitis delta virus (HDV) ribozyme, which is highly similar in cleavage ..
- Chen Y, Tsai Y, Tseng S. Regulation of the Expression of Cytoplasmic Polyadenylation Element Binding Proteins for the Treatment of Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:5673-5680 pubmed..The evidence from the literature suggests that CPEB1 and CPEB3 act more likely as tumor suppressors; in contrast, CPEB2 and CPEB4 mainly exert oncogenic effects...
- Fioriti L, Myers C, Huang Y, Li X, Stephan J, Trifilieff P, et al. The Persistence of Hippocampal-Based Memory Requires Protein Synthesis Mediated by the Prion-like Protein CPEB3. Neuron. 2015;86:1433-48 pubmed publisher..plasticity are mediated by the increase in level and in the aggregation of the prion-like translational regulator CPEB3 (cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein)...
- GiangarrÃ V, Igea A, Castellazzi C, Bava F, Mendez R. Global Analysis of CPEBs Reveals Sequential and Non-Redundant Functions in Mitotic Cell Cycle. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0138794 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that CPEB3 is the only member dispensable for mitotic cell division, whereas the other three members, CPEB1, 2, and 4, are ..
- Kaczmarczyk L, Labrie Dion Ã, Sehgal K, Sylvester M, Skubal M, Josten M, et al. New Phosphospecific Antibody Reveals Isoform-Specific Phosphorylation of CPEB3 Protein. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150000 pubmed publisher..conserved between CPEBs-2-4 and contains a putative phosphorylation consensus, overlapping with the exon seven of CPEB3. We previously found CPEBs-2-4 splice isoforms containing exon seven to be predominantly present in neurons, and ..
- Skubal M, Gielen G, Waha A, Gessi M, Kaczmarczyk L, Seifert G, et al. Altered splicing leads to reduced activation of CPEB3 in high-grade gliomas. Oncotarget. 2016;7:41898-41912 pubmed publisher..Abundant expression of CPEBs2-4 was observed in several glioma specimens. Interestingly, expression of CPEB3 positively correlated with tumor progression and malignancy but negatively correlated with protein phosphorylation ..
- Roy R, Singh R, Chattopadhyay E, Ray A, Sarkar N, Aich R, et al. MicroRNA and target gene expression based clustering of oral cancer, precancer and normal tissues. Gene. 2016;593:58-63 pubmed publisher..Expression of target genes such as, ADAMTS7, ATP1B1, COL4A2, CPEB3, CDK6, DNMT3a and PI3KR1 was significantly down regulated in at least two of three disease types with respect to ..
- Chadalavada D, Gratton E, Bevilacqua P. The human HDV-like CPEB3 ribozyme is intrinsically fast-reacting. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5321-30 pubmed publisher..virus (HDV) ribozyme occurs in a number of mammals, including chimpanzees and humans, within an intron of the CPEB3 gene...
- Kurihara Y, Tokuriki M, Myojin R, Hori T, Kuroiwa A, Matsuda Y, et al. CPEB2, a novel putative translational regulator in mouse haploid germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:261-8 pubmed..The CPEB2 is expressed postmeiotically in mouse spermatogenesis, suggesting a possible role in translational regulation of stored mRNAs in transcriptionally inactive haploid spermatids. ..
- Zou C, Zhao W, Wang X, Li Q, Huang H, Cheng W, et al. MicroRNA-107: a novel promoter of tumor progression that targets the CPEB3/EGFR axis in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:266-78 pubmed publisher..of miR-107 accelerates the tumor progression of HCC in vitro and in vivo through its new target gene, CPEB3. Furthermore, our results demonstrated that CPEB3 is a newly discovered tumor suppressor that acts via the EGFR ..
- Tsuda K, Kuwasako K, Nagata T, Takahashi M, Kigawa T, Kobayashi N, et al. Novel RNA recognition motif domain in the cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein 3. Proteins. 2014;82:2879-86 pubmed publisherThe family of cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding proteins CPEB1, CPEB2, CPEB3, and CPEB4 binds to the 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) of mRNA, and plays significant roles in mRNA metabolism and translation regulation...
- Chao H, Lai Y, Lu Y, Lin C, Mai W, Huang Y. NMDAR signaling facilitates the IPO5-mediated nuclear import of CPEB3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8484-98 pubmed..When translocated into the nucleus, CPEB3 binds to Stat5b and downregulates Stat5b-dependent transcription...
- Wang C, Huang Y. Calpain 2 activated through N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor signaling cleaves CPEB3 and abrogates CPEB3-repressed translation in neurons. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3321-32 pubmed publisher..Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 3 (CPEB3) is a sequence-specific RNA-binding protein that represses translation of its target mRNAs in neurons, while ..
- Hosoda N, Funakoshi Y, Hirasawa M, Yamagishi R, Asano Y, Miyagawa R, et al. Anti-proliferative protein Tob negatively regulates CPEB3 target by recruiting Caf1 deadenylase. EMBO J. 2011;30:1311-23 pubmed publisher..binds directly to a sequence-specific RNA-binding protein, cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 3 (CPEB3)...
- Savtchouk I, Sun L, Bender C, Yang Q, Szabo G, Gasparini S, et al. Topological Regulation of Synaptic AMPA Receptor Expression by the RNA-Binding Protein CPEB3. Cell Rep. 2016;17:86-103 pubmed publisher..Graded dendritic depolarizations elevate CPEB3 protein at proximal dendrites, where we suggest that CPEB3 binds to GluA2 mRNA, suppressing GluA2 protein ..