Gene Symbol: COX6A1
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa polypeptide 1
Alias: COX6A, COX6AL, COX VIa-L, cytochrome C oxidase subunit VIa homolog, cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide VIa-liver, cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A1, mitochondrial, cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIA-liver
- Differential expression of genes specifying two isoforms of subunit VIa of human cytochrome c oxidaseG M Fabrizi
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Disorders, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032
Gene 119:307-12. 1992..The cDNA specifying COX VIa-M is a prime candidate for use in investigations of Mendelian-inherited COX deficiencies with primary involvement of muscle...
- Drosophila RNAi screen identifies host genes important for influenza virus replicationLinhui Hao
Institute for Molecular Virology, USA
Nature 454:890-3. 2008..genes identified; that is, for three implicated Drosophila genes, the corresponding human homologues ATP6V0D1, COX6A1 and NXF1 are shown to have key functions in the replication of H5N1 and H1N1 influenza A viruses, but not ..
- Expression of the peptide hormone hepcidin increases in cardiomyocytes under myocarditis and myocardial infarctionManabu Isoda
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Nutr Biochem 21:749-56. 2010..Analysis of the time course of the hepcidin to cytochrome oxidase subunit 6a (Cox6a)2 expression ratio showed that it abruptly increased more than 100-fold in hearts in the very early phase of EAM ..
- Assembly of nuclear DNA-encoded subunits into mitochondrial complex IV, and their preferential integration into supercomplex forms in patient mitochondriaMichael Lazarou
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
FEBS J 276:6701-13. 2009..Using in vitro import and assembly assays, we found that subunits Cox6a, Cox6b and Cox7a assembled into pre-existing complex IV, while Cox4-1 and Cox6c subunits assembled into ..
- Identification of microRNAs regulated by activin A in human embryonic stem cellsZong Yun Tsai
Department of Medicinal and Applied Chemistry, College of Life Sciences, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 109:93-102. 2010..Thirteen abundantly differentially expressed mRNAs, including NR4A2, ERBB4, CXCR4, PCDH9, TMEFF2, CD24, and COX6A1 genes, targeted by seven over-expressed miRNAs were identified by inverse expression levels of these seven ..
- Evolution of the nuclear-encoded cytochrome oxidase subunits in vertebratesA G Little
Department of Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Physiol Genomics 42:76-84. 2010..were identical throughout the major vertebrate taxa: no paralogs of COX6c and COX7c, two paralogs of COX4 and COX6a, and three paralogs of COX7a...
- Novel insights into the assembly and function of human nuclear-encoded cytochrome c oxidase subunits 4, 5a, 6a, 7a and 7bDaniela Fornuskova
Department of Pediatrics, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ke Karlovu 2, Prague 2, 12808 Czech Republic
Biochem J 428:363-74. 2010..CcO subunits in the assembly and function of the human complex, we used stable RNA interference of COX4, COX5A and COX6A1, as well as expression of epitope-tagged Cox6a, Cox7a and Cox7b, in HEK (human embryonic kidney)-293 cells...
- Polymorphic variation in cytochrome oxidase subunit genesJianghua Lu
Department of Neurology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 21:141-54. 2010..Frequent untranslated region (UTR) polymorphisms were seen in COX6A1, COX6B1, COX6C, and COX7A1; heterogeneity in a COX7A1 5' UTR Sp1 site was extensive...
- Selective lamina dysregulation in granular retrosplenial cortex (area 29) after anterior thalamic lesions: an in situ hybridization and trans-neuronal tracing study in ratsE Amin
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Wales CF10 3AT, UK
Neuroscience 169:1255-67. 2010..Three other markers (cox6a1, CD74, ncs-1) did not appear to change activity levels after surgery...
- Identification of cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A1 as a suppressor of Bax-induced cell death by yeast-based functional screeningSo Young Eun
Department of Pharmacology, Gyeongsang Institute of Health Science, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:58-63. 2008Human cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa polypeptide 1 (COX6A1) was identified as a novel suppressor of Bcl-2-associated X protein (Bax)-mediated cell death using yeast-based functional screening of a mammalian cDNA library...
- Nuclear respiratory factor 1 controls myocyte enhancer factor 2A transcription to provide a mechanism for coordinate expression of respiratory chain subunitsBindu Ramachandran
Diabetes Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11935-46. 2008..We used genome comparisons to conclude that the promoter regions of COX6A(H) and COX7A(H) lack NRF sites but have conserved myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) elements...
- Sequence of a cDNA specifying subunit VIa of human cytochrome c oxidaseG M Fabrizi
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032
Nucleic Acids Res 17:6409. 1989
- Structural organization of the bovine gene for the heart/muscle isoform of cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIaE O Smith
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0616
Biochim Biophys Acta 1174:63-71. 1993The bovine gene for the nuclear-encoded heart/muscle isoform of cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa (COX6A1) was isolated from a library of bovine genomic DNA in lambda EMBL3 and sequenced...
- Cloning, sequence analysis, and expression of a mouse cDNA encoding cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa liver isoformL I Grossman
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201
Biochim Biophys Acta 1260:361-4. 1995A cDNA encoding cytochrome c oxidase (COX) subunit VIa liver isoform (COX6aL) was isolated from a Mus musculus library and sequenced...
- Tissue distribution of cytochrome c oxidase isoforms in mammals. Characterization with monoclonal and polyclonal antibodiesJ W Taanman
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403
Biochim Biophys Acta 1225:95-100. 1993..These results imply that, in humans, the deficiency of a subunit VIa isoform may have a different effect on the physiology of heart then on the physiology of skeletal muscle...
- Molecular evolution of cytochrome c oxidase: rate variation among subunit VIa isoformsT R Schmidt
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Mol Biol Evol 14:595-601. 1997..acid replacement) substitutions in the COX6AH gene occurred more frequently than in the ubiquitously expressed COX6AL gene...
- Cloning, characterization, and chromosomal localization of human liver form cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa related genesF Merante
Centre for Cardiovascular Research, Toronto Hospital, ON, Canada
Genome 40:325-31. 1997..In total, four COX VIa-L related sequences have been cloned and their nucleotide sequences analyzed. At least three of the sequences represent pseudogenes; their relatedness to the COX VIa-L cDNA is discussed...
- Assignment of COX6A1 to 6p21 and a pseudogene (COX6A1P) to 1p31.1 by in situ hybridization and somatic cell hybridsY Hey
CRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK
Cytogenet Cell Genet 77:167-8. 1997
- Human COX6A1 gene: promoter analysis, cDNA isolation and expression in the monkey brainM Wong-Riley
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Gene 247:63-75. 2000The human COX6A1 gene encodes the ubiquitous isoform of cytochrome c oxidase (COX) subunit VIa (VIa-L), and is located in a CpG island on chromosome 12q24.2...
- METABOLIC ORGANIZATION & REGULATION IN THE VISUAL CORTEXMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results from these studies are expected to provide insight into the molecular basis of metabolic responses of visual cortical neurons to changing functional demands. ..
- Neurochemical Organization of Brain Stem Respiratory NucleiMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Neurochemical and metabolic regulation in the visual cortexMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Neurochemical Organization of Brain Stem Respiratory NucleiMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Neurochemical Organization of Brain Stem Respiratory NucleiMARGARET TT WONG RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- METABOLIC PLASTICITY IN PRIMATE VISUAL CORTEXMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- NEUROCHEMICAL ORGANIZATION & PLASTICITY IN VISUAL CORTEXMargaret Wong Riley; Fiscal Year: 1999..These same analyses will be done following monocular deprivation to assess how activity might differentially regulate the neurochemical nature of synaptic connections in puff and interpuff regions. ..
- Neurochemical and metabolic regulation in the visual cortexMARGARET TT WONG RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2010....