Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX-2
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit II
Alias: COII, MTCO2
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Uttra A, Alamgeer -, Shahzad M, Shabbir A, Jahan S. Ephedra gerardiana aqueous ethanolic extract and fractions attenuate Freund Complete Adjuvant induced arthritis in Sprague Dawley rats by downregulating PGE2, COX2, IL-1?, IL-6, TNF-?, NF-kB and upregulating IL-4 and IL-10. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;224:482-496 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Ephedra gerardiana aerial parts might be used as a therapeutic agent for treating human arthritis. ..
- Zou C, Liu X, Xie R, Bao Y, Jin Q, Jia X, et al. Deferiprone attenuates inflammation and myocardial fibrosis in diabetic cardiomyopathy rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:930-936 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference in the effect of deferiprone at 50 and 100 mg doses. Deferiprone showed therapeutic effects on DC by regulating the pro-inflammatory and pro-fibrotic factors. ..
- Sacoman J, Dagda R, Burnham Marusich A, Dagda R, Berninsone P. Mitochondrial O-GlcNAc Transferase (mOGT) Regulates Mitochondrial Structure, Function, and Survival in HeLa Cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4499-4518 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that mOGT is catalytically active in vivo and supports mitochondrial structure, health, and survival, whereas ncOGT predominantly regulates cellular bioenergetics. ..
- Gundala N, Naidu V, Das U. Arachidonic acid and lipoxin A4 attenuate alloxan-induced cytotoxicity to RIN5F cells in vitro and type 1 diabetes mellitus in vivo. Biofactors. 2017;43:251-271 pubmed publisher..AA seems to bring about its beneficial actions against alloxan-induced cytotoxicity and type 1 DM by enhancing the production of LXA4. © 2016 BioFactors, 43(2):251-271, 2017. ..
- Hamilton K, Arao Y, Korach K. Estrogen hormone physiology: reproductive findings from estrogen receptor mutant mice. Reprod Biol. 2014;14:3-8 pubmed publisher..Findings from the ERÎ± mutant mice suggest that the absence of functional ERÎ± is not lethal and results in significant endocrine effects and altered physiological processes. ..
- Priyathilaka T, Bathige S, Lee S, Lee J. Molecular identification and functional analysis of two variants of myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) from disk abalone (Haliotis discus discus). Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;79:113-127 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that existence of a MyD88-dependent like signaling pathway in disk abalone and that both AbMyD88-2 and AbMyD88-X might be involved in innate immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Holen E, Araujo P, Sissener N, Rosenlund G, Waagbø R. A comparative study: Difference in omega-6/omega-3 balance and saturated fat in diets for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) affect immune-, fat metabolism-, oxidative and apoptotic-gene expression, and eicosanoid secretion in head kidney leukocytes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:57-68 pubmed publisher..In addition, equal amounts of LPS induced PGE2 and PGE3 (mean 0, 5 ng/mL) were produced, indicating that the n-6/n-3 ratio of this saturated fatty acid may have a specific impact on eicosanoid production in the head kidney of salmon. ..
- Khajevand Khazaei M, Mohseni Moghaddam P, Hosseini M, Gholami L, Baluchnejadmojarad T, Roghani M. Rutin, a quercetin glycoside, alleviates acute endotoxemic kidney injury in C57BL/6 mice via suppression of inflammation and up-regulation of antioxidants and SIRT1. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;833:307-313 pubmed publisher..Moreover, protective effect of rutin was in accordance to a dose-dependent manner. Collectively, rutin is capable to mitigate LPS-induced AKI via appropriate modulation of renal oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis. ..
- Hsu S, Lee J, Lin T, Hsieh Y, Huang H, Lee F, et al. The beneficial effects of curcumin in cirrhotic rats with portal hypertension. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Curcumin also attenuated splanchnic hyperdynamic circulation by inducing vasoconstriction through inhibition of eNOS activation and by decreasing mesenteric angiogenesis via VEGF pathway blockade. ..
- Lee L, Aung H, Wilson D, Anderson S, Rutledge J, Rutkowsky J. Triglyceride-rich lipoprotein lipolysis products increase blood-brain barrier transfer coefficient and induce astrocyte lipid droplets and cell stress. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C500-C516 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with evidence for lipid-induced neurovascular injury and inflammation, and we, therefore, speculate that lipid-induced astrocyte injury could play a role in cognitive decline. ..
- Nie Z, Niu Y, Zhou W, Kim Y, Shin K, Cui X. Thiamethoxam inhibits blastocyst expansion and hatching via reactive-oxygen species-induced G2 checkpoint activation in pigs. Cell Signal. 2018;: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that TMX inhibits blastocyst expansion and hatching by ROS-induced DNA damage checkpoint activation, which inhibits the activation of MPF and cell cycle progression in porcine blastocysts. ..
- Arun P, Brown M, Ehsanian R, Chen Z, Van Waes C. Nuclear NF-kappaB p65 phosphorylation at serine 276 by protein kinase A contributes to the malignant phenotype of head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5974-84 pubmed publisher..NF-kappaB p65 (Ser276) phosphorylation by PKA promotes the malignant phenotype and holds potential as a therapeutic target in HNSCC. ..
- Eaton K, Romine P, Goodman G, Thornquist M, Barnett M, Petersdorf E. Inflammatory Gene Polymorphisms in Lung Cancer Susceptibility. J Thorac Oncol. 2018;13:649-659 pubmed publisher..59-0.95] and OR = 0.69 [95% CI: 0.46-1.03], respectively, p = 0.03). Survival was not influenced by genotype. This study provides further evidence that IL1B promoter polymorphisms may modulate the risk for development of lung cancer. ..
- Chignalia A, Oliveira M, Debbas V, Dull R, Laurindo F, Touyz R, et al. Testosterone induces leucocyte migration by NADPH oxidase-driven ROS- and COX2-dependent mechanisms. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015;129:39-48 pubmed publisher..05). Testosterone induces leucocyte migration via NADPHox- and COX2-dependent mechanisms and may contribute to inflammatory processes and oxidative stress in the vasculature potentially increasing cardiovascular risk. ..
- Chang H, Wang Q, Shi T, Huo K, Li C, Zhang Q, et al. Effect of DanQi Pill on PPAR?, lipid disorders and arachidonic acid pathway in rat model of coronary heart disease. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:103 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, DQP can up-regulate expression of PPAR? significantly. The anti-inflammatory effect of DQP is partly exerted by inhibiting expressions of PLA2-COX2 -NF-?B pathway. ..
- Yu W, Tao M, Zhao Y, Hu X, Wang M. 4'-Methoxyresveratrol Alleviated AGE-Induced Inflammation via RAGE-Mediated NF-?B and NLRP3 Inflammasome Pathway. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..4′MR could be a novel therapeutic agent for inflammation-related diseases. ..
- Ben Saad H, Driss D, Ben Amara I, Boudawara O, Boudawara T, Ellouz Chaabouni S, et al. Altered hepatic mRNA expression of immune response-associated DNA damage in mice liver induced by potassium bromate: Protective role of vanillin. Environ Toxicol. 2016;31:1796-1807 pubmed publisher..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Environ Toxicol 31: 1796-1807, 2016. ..
- Tarnawski A, Ahluwalia A. Molecular mechanisms of epithelial regeneration and neovascularization during healing of gastric and esophageal ulcers. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:16-27 pubmed
- Tiwari A, Singh P, Jaitley P, Sharma S, Prakash A, Mandil R, et al. Eucalyptus robusta leaves methanolic extract suppresses inflammatory mediators by specifically targeting TLR4/TLR9, MPO, COX2, iNOS and inflammatory cytokines in experimentally-induced endometritis in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;213:149-158 pubmed publisher
- Chen J, Zhang D, Feng X, Wang J, Qin Y, Zhang T, et al. TIGAR inhibits ischemia/reperfusion-induced inflammatory response of astrocytes. Neuropharmacology. 2018;131:377-388 pubmed publisher..The present study elucidates a novel mechanism by which TIGAR protects neurons against ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Chakravarthi B, Goswami M, Pathi S, Robinson A, CieÅ›lik M, Chandrashekar D, et al. MicroRNA-101 regulated transcriptional modulator SUB1 plays a role in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2016;35:6330-6340 pubmed publisher..This study therefore demonstrates functional role of SUB1 in prostate cancer, and identifies its regulation and potential downstream therapeutic targets of SUB1 in prostate cancer. ..
- Revuelta M, Arteaga O, Alvarez A, Martinez Ibarguen A, Hilario E. Characterization of Gene Expression in the Rat Brainstem After Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Injury and Antioxidant Treatment. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:1129-1143 pubmed publisher..Twenty-four hours after the damage, the percentage of NeuN and synaptophysin immunolabeled cells was found to be reduced while GFAP expression was upregulated. No differences were observed in ROS gene expression following treatments. ..
- Valenzuela Muñoz V, Boltaña S, Gallardo Escárate C. Comparative immunity of Salmo salar and Oncorhynchus kisutch during infestation with the sea louse Caligus rogercresseyi: An enrichment transcriptome analysis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:276-287 pubmed publisher..Additionally, putative roles of TLRs in salmonids against sea lice were evidenced. This study is the first comparative transcriptome analysis that reveals species-specific immune responses in salmons infected with C. rogercresseyi. ..
- Bandyopadhyay R, Chatterjee U, Mondal S, Nag D, Sinha S. A study on expression pattern of cyclooxygenase-2 in carcinoma of cervix. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2011;54:695-9 pubmed publisher..A positive association of COX-2 expression and the presence of lymphovascular emboli were found in the present study. COX-2 inhibitors need to be studied as a therapeutic adjunct for the treatment of carcinoma cervix. ..
- Cavaco S, Viegas C, Rafael M, Ramos A, MagalhÃ£es J, Blanco F, et al. Gla-rich protein is involved in the cross-talk between calcification and inflammation in osteoarthritis. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016;73:1051-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, GRP is a strong candidate target to develop new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Tabebi M, Charfi N, Kallabi F, Alila Fersi O, Ben Mahmoud A, Tlili A, et al. Whole mitochondrial genome screening of a family with maternally inherited diabetes and deafness (MIDD) associated with retinopathy: A putative haplotype associated to MIDD and a novel MT-CO2 m.8241T>G mutation. J Diabetes Complications. 2017;31:253-259 pubmed publisher..8241T>G (p. F219C) in MT-CO2 gene and a known one m.13276G>A (p. M314V) in MT-ND5 gene. The coexistence of these two mutations could explain the retinopathy observed in this patient. ..
- Xu B, Shanmugalingam R, Chau K, Pears S, Hennessy A, Makris A. The effect of acetyl salicylic acid (Aspirin) on trophoblast-endothelial interaction in vitro. J Reprod Immunol. 2017;124:54-61 pubmed publisher..Aspirin improves trophoblast cell integration into endothelial cellular networks by inhibiting the effect of TNF-a via PGI2 with no significant effect on antiangiogenic, invasive or endothelial activation markers. ..
- Xia J, Ren C, Yu Z, Wu X, Qian J, Hu C. Complete mitochondrial genome of the sandfish Holothuria scabra (Holothuroidea, Holothuriidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:4174-4175 pubmed..68% between H. scabra and H. forskali; (3) the incomplete stop codon T of cox2 shared with H. forskali may be a common feature in the genus Holothuria. ..
- Yap P, Goh K. Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) Induced Dyspepsia. Curr Pharm Des. 2015;21:5073-81 pubmed..Eradication of Helicobacter pylori has a protective role against developing peptic ulcers and may also improve symptoms of NSAIDs induced dyspepsia. ..
- Lee K, Yeo M. Homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron has dual effects on the inflammatory response in the mouse preosteoblastic cell line MC3T3-e1. Homeopathy. 2016;105:42-7 pubmed publisher..Further study is needed to examine the cellular signaling mechanisms that are associated with inflammatory regulation by Rhus tox treatment in greater detail. ..
- Sobrino A, Mata M, Laguna Fernandez A, Novella S, Oviedo P, GarcÃa PÃ©rez M, et al. Estradiol stimulates vasodilatory and metabolic pathways in cultured human endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8242 pubmed publisher..This study identifies new vascular mechanisms of action by which estradiol may contribute to a wide range of biological processes. ..
- DobÃ¡kovÃ¡ E, Flegontov P, SkalickÃ½ T, LukeÅ¡ J. Unexpectedly Streamlined Mitochondrial Genome of the Euglenozoan Euglena gracilis. Genome Biol Evol. 2015;7:3358-67 pubmed publisher..gracilis. This finding supports a scenario in which the complex mitochondrial processing machineries of both sister groups evolved relatively late in evolution from a streamlined genome and transcriptome of their common predecessor. ..
- Furuyama T, Tanaka S, Shimada S, Akiyama Y, Matsumura S, Mitsunori Y, et al. Proteasome activity is required for the initiation of precancerous pancreatic lesions. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27044 pubmed publisher..Our studies showed activation of proteasome is required specifically for the initiation of PanIN. The roles of proteasome in the early stages of pancreatic carcinogenesis warrant further investigation. ..
- Jiménez Suárez A, Vázquez Acevedo M, Miranda Astudillo H, Gonzalez Halphen D. Cox2A/Cox2B subunit interaction in Polytomella sp. cytochrome c oxidase: role of the Cox2B subunit extension. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2017;49:453-461 pubmed publisher..We conclude that this extension is dispensable, but when present it weakly reinforces the Cox2A/Cox2B interaction. ..
- Safaei S, Houshmand M, Banoei M, Panahi M, Nafisi S, Parivar K, et al. Mitochondrial tRNALeu/Lys and ATPase 6/8 gene variations in spinocerebellar ataxias. Neurodegener Dis. 2009;6:16-22 pubmed publisher..The instability of CAG repeats in polyglutamine diseases such as SCAs and Huntington's disease might be a causative factor in mtDNA variation or possible damage. ..
- Guarnieri T. Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs As Gatekeepers Of Colon Carcinoma Highlight New Scenarios Beyond Cyclooxygenases Inhibition. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2016;16:186-97 pubmed..This review will examine some of these COX-independent cellular pathways, with a focus on those involved in the inhibition of CC cells proliferation through transcription factors crosstalk. ..
- Zschockelt L, Amelkina O, Siemieniuch M, Kowalewski M, Dehnhard M, Jewgenow K, et al. Synthesis and reception of prostaglandins in corpora lutea of domestic cat and lynx. Reproduction. 2016;152:111-26 pubmed publisher..In contrast, expression of PTGFR was evident in nearly all investigated CL of cat and lynxes, implying that luteal regression, e.g. at the end of pregnancy, is triggered by extra-luteal PGF2?. ..
- Pantoja C, Pereira F, Santos C, Luque J. Morphology and molecular characterization hold hands: clarifying the taxonomy of Hysterothylacium (Nematoda: Anisakidae) larval forms. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:4353-4364 pubmed..Furthermore, H. deardorffovestreetorum is considered species inquirenda due to its problematic description and diagnosis which are based only on larvae. A key to Hysterothylacium larvae from marine fishes is provided. ..
- Boehm E, Zornoza M, Jourdain A, Delmiro Magdalena A, Garcia Consuegra I, Torres Merino R, et al. Role of FAST Kinase Domains 3 (FASTKD3) in Post-transcriptional Regulation of Mitochondrial Gene Expression. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25877-25887 pubmed..Our observations suggest that the function of this family of proteins goes beyond RNA processing and ribosome assembly and includes RNA stability and translation regulation within mitochondria. ..
- Sancho P, Martín Sanz P, Fabregat I. Reciprocal regulation of NADPH oxidases and the cyclooxygenase-2 pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1789-98 pubmed publisher..Finally, we determined that NOX4 induction by PGE(2) was dependent on ERK1/2 signaling. Taken together, these results indicate that NOX proteins and COX-2 are reciprocally regulated in liver cells. ..
- Maliti D, Marsden C, Main B, Govella N, Yamasaki Y, Collier T, et al. Investigating associations between biting time in the malaria vector Anopheles arabiensis Patton and single nucleotide polymorphisms in circadian clock genes: support for sub-structure among An. arabiensis in the Kilombero valley of Tanzania. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:109 pubmed publisher..This finding does not rule out the possibility of a genetic basis to biting behaviour in this malaria vector, but suggests these are complex phenotypes that require more intensive ecological, neuronal and genomic analyses to understand. ..
- Wang L, Huang Y, Yan C, Wei X, Hou J, Pu J, et al. N-acetylcysteine Ameliorates Prostatitis via miR-141 Regulating Keap1/Nrf2 Signaling. Inflammation. 2016;39:938-47 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-141 inhibitor could reduce the effect of NAC on prostatitis. NAC ameliorates the carrageenan-induced prostatitis and prostate inflammation pain through miR-141 regulating Keap1/Nrf2 signaling. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang J, Lv Z, Zhao D, Luo M. Cox-2 promotes mesenchymal stem cells differentiation into cardiocytes by activating JNK and ERK pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:101-105 pubmed publisher..The results show that Cox-2 promotes directional differentiation of myocardial cells and the overexpression of cox-2 can activate the key factors of JNK and ERK signaling pathway, promotes myocardial cell directional differentiation. ..
- El Yazbi A, Ibrahim K, El Gowelli H, El Deeb N, El Mas M. Modulation by NADPH oxidase of the chronic cardiovascular and autonomic interaction between cyclosporine and NSAIDs in female rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;806:96-104 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CSA/diclofenac-treated female rats exhibit exacerbated hemodynamic, autonomic, LV, and histopathologic disturbances via ROCK-independent NOX2 upregulation. ..
- Brocca M, Pietranera L, Meyer M, Lima A, Roig P, de Kloet E, et al. Mineralocorticoid receptor associates with pro-inflammatory bias in the hippocampus of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Neuroendocrinol. 2017;29: pubmed publisher..We propose that, in the SHR hippocampus, increased MR expression causes a bias towards a pro-inflammatory phenotype characteristic for hypertensive encephalopathy. ..
- Khajevand Khazaei M, Ziaee P, Motevalizadeh S, Rohani M, Afshin Majd S, Baluchnejadmojarad T, et al. Naringenin ameliorates learning and memory impairment following systemic lipopolysaccharide challenge in the rat. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;826:114-122 pubmed publisher..Taken together, naringenin could alleviate LPS-induced cognitive deficits and neuroinflammation, as was evident from attenuation of oxidative stress and AChE and modulation of Nrf2/NF-ÎºB/TNFÎ±/COX2/iNOS/TLR4/GFAP. ..
- Huang S, Wu S, Lee S, Chang K, Chai C, Yeh J, et al. Fat Grafting in Burn Scar Alleviates Neuropathic Pain via Anti-Inflammation Effect in Scar and Spinal Cord. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137563 pubmed publisher..Fat grafting was effective in treating burn-induced neuropathic pain through the alleviation of neuroinflammation and ameliorated spinal neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Li S, Song Y, Liu X, Li H. A Rapid Python-Based Methodology for Target-Focused Combinatorial Library Design. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2016;19:25-35 pubmed..This rapid library enumeration method is portable and applicable to any other targets for good chemical starting points identification collaborated with either structure-based or ligand-based virtual screening. ..
- Strecker V, Kadeer Z, Heidler J, Cruciat C, Angerer H, Giese H, et al. Supercomplex-associated Cox26 protein binds to cytochrome c oxidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:1643-52 pubmed publisher..Stress conditions, such as elevated temperatures resulted in mild decrease of respiration in non-fermentative media when the Cox26 protein was absent. ..
- Quiazon K. Anisakis Dujardin, 1845 infection (Nematoda: Anisakidae) in Pygmy Sperm Whale Kogia breviceps Blainville, 1838 from west Pacific region off the coast of Philippine archipelago. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:3663-8 pubmed publisher..Syst Parasitol 61:157-171, 2005). This is the first record of Anisakis infection from this host stranded in the west Pacific region off the coast of Philippine waters and new geographical record for A. paggiae. ..
- Priya L, Baskaran R, Huang C, Padma V. Neferine ameliorates cardiomyoblast apoptosis induced by doxorubicin: possible role in modulating NADPH oxidase/ROS-mediated NF?B redox signaling cascade. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12283 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests the use of neferine as a new approach in pharmacological interventions against cardiovascular disorders as secondary complications. ..
- Xing Y, Wang R, Chen D, Mao J, Shi R, Wu Z, et al. COX2 is involved in hypoxia-induced TNF-Î± expression in osteoblast. Sci Rep. 2015;5:10020 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, TNF-Î± didn't lead to the activation of COX2 expression. We conclude that COX2 is involved in hypoxia-induced TNF-Î± expression in osteoblast. ..
- Li J, Nie L, Zhao Y, Zhang Y, Wang X, Wang S, et al. IL-17 mediates inflammatory reactions via p38/c-Fos and JNK/c-Jun activation in an AP-1-dependent manner in human nucleus pulposus cells. J Transl Med. 2016;14:77 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that IL-17A enhances COX2 expression and PGE2 production via the p38/c-Fos and JNK/c-Jun signalling pathways in NP cells to mediate IVD inflammation. ..
- Watanabe Y, Murakami T, Kawashima M, Hasegawa Baba Y, Mizukami S, Imatanaka N, et al. Maternal Exposure to Valproic Acid Primarily Targets Interneurons Followed by Late Effects on Neurogenesis in the Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus in Rat Offspring. Neurotox Res. 2017;31:46-62 pubmed publisher..The late effect on neurogenesis, which resulted in increased GCL neurons, might be the result of a sustained decrease in GAD67+ interneurons expressing NR2D encoded by Grin2d. ..
- Peng X, Jiang L, Chen C, Qin Y, Yuan T, Wang O, et al. Increased urinary prostaglandin E2 metabolite: A potential therapeutic target of Gitelman syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180811 pubmed publisher..Higher urinary PGEM levels indicated more severe clinical manifestations and NCC dysfunction in GS patients. COX2 inhibition might be a potential therapeutic target in GS patients with elevated PGEM levels. ..
- Kolli R, Soll J, Carrie C. Plant Mitochondrial Inner Membrane Protein Insertion. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Interestingly, unlike mitochondria of other eukaryotes but similar to bacteria and chloroplasts, plant mitochondria appear to use the Tat machinery for membrane insertion of the Rieske Fe/S protein. ..
- Chandra D, Choy G, Deng X, Bhatia B, Daniel P, Tang D. Association of active caspase 8 with the mitochondrial membrane during apoptosis: potential roles in cleaving BAP31 and caspase 3 and mediating mitochondrion-endoplasmic reticulum cross talk in etoposide-induced cell death. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6592-607 pubmed..Cleavage of BAP31 leads to the generation of ER- localized, proapoptotic BAP20, which may mediate mitochondrion-ER cross talk through a Ca(2+)-dependent mechanism. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao J, Zhou Q. The complete mitochondrial genome of Bombyx mori strain Yu39 (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:3163-4 pubmed publisher..The non-coding AT-rich region is 494-bp long, located between rrnS and trnM genes. It contains some structures of repeated motifs and microsatellite-like elements characteristic of the other lepidopterons. ..
- Kong W, Hooper K, Ganea D. The natural dual cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor flavocoxid is protective in EAE through effects on Th1/Th17 differentiation and macrophage/microglia activation. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;53:59-71 pubmed publisher..As a dual COX/5-LO inhibitor with antioxidant properties, flavocoxid might be useful as a potential therapeutic medical food agent in MS patients. ..
- Amin F, Shah S, Kim M. Glycine inhibits ethanol-induced oxidative stress, neuroinflammation and apoptotic neurodegeneration in postnatal rat brain. Neurochem Int. 2016;96:1-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Gly may be considered as potential treatment in ethanol-intoxicated newborns and infants. ..
- Yang C, Tu H, Wu C, Chang H, Chiang W, Shih N, et al. Up-regulation of HB-EGF by the COX-2/PGE2 signaling associates with the cisplatin resistance and tumor recurrence of advanced HNSCC. Oral Oncol. 2016;56:54-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that COX-2 and HB-EGF are important in development of HNSCC cisplatin resistance. These findings may help the development of new strategies for overcoming cisplatin resistance. ..
- Nam J, Sharma A, Jagga S, Lee D, Sharma G, Nguyen L, et al. Suppression of osteogenic activity by regulation of WNT and BMP signaling during titanium particle induced osteolysis. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017;105:912-926 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A: 105A: 912-926, 2017...
- Jia Y, Song H, Gao G, Cai D, Yang X, Zhao R. Maternal Betaine Supplementation during Gestation Enhances Expression of mtDNA-Encoded Genes through D-Loop DNA Hypomethylation in the Skeletal Muscle of Newborn Piglets. J Agric Food Chem. 2015;63:10152-60 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that maternal betaine supplementation during gestation enhances expression of mtDNA-encoded genes through D-loop DNA hypomethylation in the skeletal muscle of newborn piglets. ..
- Lee W, Oh J, Kim E, Kang N, Kim K, Ahn G, et al. A prebiotic role of Ecklonia cava improves the mortality of Edwardsiella tarda-infected zebrafish models via regulating the growth of lactic acid bacteria and pathogen bacteria. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:620-8 pubmed publisher..tarda injection in zebrafish. Also, our conclusion from this evidence is that EC can be used and applied as a useful prebiotic. ..
- Botigelli R, Razza E, Pioltine E, Fontes P, Schwarz K, Leal C, et al. Supplementing in vitro embryo production media by NPPC and sildenafil affect the cytoplasmic lipid content and gene expression of bovine cumulus-oocyte complexes and embryos. Reprod Biol. 2018;18:66-75 pubmed publisher..Finally, the use of sildenafil during IVC increased the cytoplasmic LC of embryos but did not affect embryo quality, as measured by analysis of 96 transcripts related to embryo quality. ..
- Quaranta M, Vincentini O, Felli C, Spadaro F, Silano M, Moricoli D, et al. Exogenous HIV-1 Nef upsets the IFN-?-induced impairment of human intestinal epithelial integrity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23442 pubmed publisher..Our results may improve the understanding of AIDS pathogenesis, supporting the discovery of new therapeutic interventions. ..
- Xu H, Lin F, Wang Z, Yang L, Meng J, Ou Z, et al. CXCR2 promotes breast cancer metastasis and chemoresistance via suppression of AKT1 and activation of COX2. Cancer Lett. 2018;412:69-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, antagonists of the CXCR2 signaling molecules may be used to treat breast cancer patients particularly with high metastasis and chemoresistance. ..
- Hao W, Miles T, Martin F, Browne G, Förster H, Adaskaveg J. Temporal occurrence and niche preferences of Phytophthora species causing brown rot of citrus in the Central Valley of California. Phytopathology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In contrast, P. citrophthora, was rarely found in leaf litter, but was commonly detected in the rhizosphere. Thus, leaf litter is a major inoculum source for P. syringae and this species occupies a distinct ecological niche...
- Tripathy M, Mitra D. Differential modulation of mitochondrial OXPHOS system during HIV-1 induced T-cell apoptosis: up regulation of Complex-IV subunit COX-II and its possible implications. Apoptosis. 2010;15:28-40 pubmed publisher..This differential regulation in activities of OXPHOS system complexes indicate a complex modulation of host cell energy generating system during HIV infection that ultimately leads to T cell apoptosis. ..
- Wang Y, Wu M, Yang A, Zhang W, Sun J, Liu T, et al. COX-2 Gene increases tongue cancer cell proliferation and invasion through VEGF-C pathway. Med Oncol. 2011;28 Suppl 1:S360-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that COX-2 played essential roles in the proliferation and metastasis of tongue cancer, and COX-2 could serve as a potential chemotherapy target for tongue cancer...
- Almeida M, Munoz J, Nunes S, Fonseca Moutinho J. Cyclooxygenase-2 immunoexpression in breast cancer: progesterone receptor influence. Cancer Epidemiol. 2011;35:e81-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that progesterone receptor has a protective role in breast cancer by inhibiting chronic inflammatory pathway. ..
- Alves M, Ferrasi A, Lima V, Ferreira M, De Moura Campos Pardini M, Rabenhorst S. Inactivation of COX-2, HMLH1 and CDKN2A gene by promoter methylation in gastric cancer: relationship with histological subtype, tumor location and Helicobacter pylori genotype. Pathobiology. 2011;78:266-76 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the inactivation of these genes by methylation occurs by distinct pathways according to the histological subtype and tumor location and depends on the H. pylori genotype. ..
- Yu Y, Gong R, Mu Y, Chen Y, Zhu C, Sun Z, et al. Hepatitis B virus induces a novel inflammation network involving three inflammatory factors, IL-29, IL-8, and cyclooxygenase-2. J Immunol. 2011;187:4844-60 pubmed publisher..These new findings provide insights for our understanding of the mechanism by which inflammatory factors regulate each other in response to HBV infection. ..
- Loo T, Kamachi F, Watanabe Y, Yoshimoto S, Kanda H, Arai Y, et al. Gut Microbiota Promotes Obesity-Associated Liver Cancer through PGE2-Mediated Suppression of Antitumor Immunity. Cancer Discov. 2017;7:522-538 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Discov; 7(5); 522-38. ©2017 AACR.This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 443. ..
- Qi W, Tian Z, Lu L, Chen X, Chen X, Zhang W, et al. Editing of Mitochondrial Transcripts nad3 and cox2 by Dek10 Is Essential for Mitochondrial Function and Maize Plant Development. Genetics. 2017;205:1489-1501 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the E-subgroup PPR protein Dek10 is responsible for multiple editing sites in nad3 and cox2, which are essential for mitochondrial functions and plant development in maize. ..
- Lamb T, Marais E, Bond J. A second locality for the Namib darkling beetle Onymacris brainei (Tenebrionidae, Coleoptera) and first report on its molecular phylogenetic placement. Zookeys. 2017;:63-72 pubmed publisher..The paraphyly of Onymacris with respect to Physadesmia highlights a need for nomenclatural change, but revision should await acquisition of genetic data for the few species outstanding in both genera...
- Qiao Y, Xu L, Tao X, Yin L, Qi Y, Xu Y, et al. Protective effects of dioscin against fructose-induced renal damage via adjusting Sirt3-mediated oxidative stress, fibrosis, lipid metabolism and inflammation. Toxicol Lett. 2018;284:37-45 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that the patients with renal injury can take more Shanyao for the therapy and treatment. ..
- Kato M. The mechanisms of death of an erythroleukemic cell line by p53: involvement of the microtubule and mitochondria. Leuk Lymphoma. 1999;33:181-6 pubmed..These two new pathways, p53-EF-1 alpha-microtubule-severing (-distortion of cytoskeleton) and p53-cyclin G1-COXII (-CytC, ATP-caspase-3 activation), may cooperate to induce apoptosis in this cell line. ..
- Cha J, Li S, Cha I. Association between expression of embryonic lethal abnormal vision-like protein HuR and cyclooxygenase-2 in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck. 2011;33:627-37 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the cytoplasmic expression of HuR is associated with COX-2 expression in OSCCs and HuR can regulate COX-2 expression in oral cancer cell lines. ..
- Sandeep Varma R, Ashok G, Vidyashankar S, Nandakumar K, Patki P. Bresol inhibits phosphodiesterase 4 gene expression and modulates the levels of select mediators of inflammation in human monocytic cells. J Immunotoxicol. 2011;8:315-23 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammatory effects of bresol might also be a result of the capacity of bresol to modulate the formation of TNF?, NO, and COX-2 in monocytes. ..
- Hornig Do H, Tatsuta T, Buckermann A, Bust M, Kollberg G, Rotig A, et al. Nonsense mutations in the COX1 subunit impair the stability of respiratory chain complexes rather than their assembly. EMBO J. 2012;31:1293-307 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the mechanism underlying pathogenesis in these patients is the rapid clearance of unstable respiratory complexes by quality control pathways, rather than their impaired assembly. ..
- Kim J, Vaish V, Feng M, Field K, Chatzistamou I, Shim M. Transgenic expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) causes premature aging phenotypes in mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:2392-2406 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that the increased COX2 expression has an impact on the aging process and suggests that modulation of COX2 and its downstream signaling may be an approach for intervention of age-related disorders. ..
- Xu F, Li M, Zhang C, Cui J, Liu J, Li J, et al. Clinicopathological and prognostic significance of COX-2 immunohistochemical expression in breast cancer: a meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6003-6012 pubmed publisher..51, 95% CI [1.31, 1.72]). Our meta-analysis demonstrates that the presence of high levels of COX-2 is associated with poor prognosis for breast cancer patients and predicts bigger tumor size and lymph node metastasis. ..
- Qin Y, Li M, Feng X, Wang J, Cao L, Shen X, et al. Combined NADPH and the NOX inhibitor apocynin provides greater anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects in a mouse model of stroke. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;104:333-345 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that, beyond anti-oxidative effects, NADPH may also have anti-inflammatory effects and combination of NADPH and NOX inhibitors could produce a greater neuroprotective effect in ischemic stroke. ..