Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX-2
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit II
Alias: COII, MTCO2
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- HIV-1 Tat protein directly induces mitochondrial membrane permeabilization and inactivates cytochrome c oxidaseH Lecoeur
THERAPTOSIS SA, Pasteur BioTop Research Laboratory, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Cell Death Dis 3:e282. 2012....
- Human renal 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 functions and co-localizes with COX-2Rujun Gong
Rhode Island Hospital Division of Kidney Diseases and Hypertension, Brown Medical School, Providence, R I, United States
Life Sci 82:631-7. 2008..Thus, normal human kidney contains active 11beta-HSD1 and 11beta-HSD2. 11beta-HSD1 co-localizes with COX-2 in proximal tubule cells...
- Upregulation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 (mPGES-1) in wall of ruptured human cerebral aneurysms: preliminary resultsDavid Hasan
Department of Neurosurgery, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, JCP 1616, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Stroke 43:1964-7. 2012..The upregulation of COX-2/mPGES-1 in the wall of ruptured human cerebral aneurysms is not known...
- Mitochondrial tRNALeu/Lys and ATPase 6/8 gene variations in spinocerebellar ataxiasSepideh Safaei
Research and Sciences Campus, Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Neurodegener Dis 6:16-22. 2009..The spinocerebellar ataxias (SCA) comprise a heterogeneous group of severe late-onset neurodegenerative diseases that are promoted by the expansion of a tandem-arrayed DNA sequence that modifies the primary structure of the protein...
- Induction or suppression of expression of cytochrome C oxidase subunit II by heregulin beta 1 in human mammary epithelial cells is dependent on the levels of ErbB2 expressionYanbo Sun
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9177, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:225-33. 2002..This is the first report demonstrating that the expression of mitochondria-encoded COXII is HRG-responsive. The levels of ErbB2 expression are decisive for the diverse biological activities of HRG...
- Loss of function of Sco1 and its interaction with cytochrome c oxidaseLukas Stiburek
Charles University, Prague 128 08, Czech Republic
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C1218-26. 2009....
- Differential modulation of mitochondrial OXPHOS system during HIV-1 induced T-cell apoptosis: up regulation of Complex-IV subunit COX-II and its possible implicationsManoj Kumar Tripathy
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
Apoptosis 15:28-40. 2010..This differential regulation in activities of OXPHOS system complexes indicate a complex modulation of host cell energy generating system during HIV infection that ultimately leads to T cell apoptosis...
- The influence of cyclooxygenase-1 expression on the efficacy of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell linesSeok Woo Park
Cancer Research Institute Seoul National University College of Medicinestitute, Seoul, Korea
Anticancer Drugs 22:416-23. 2011..Our study suggests that, as COX-1 and COX-2 express and affect VEGF synthesis in HNSCC cells, we should check COX-1 expression in investigations on cancer treatment by inhibiting COX-2-induced prostaglandins...
- Mitochondrial DNA of the sea anemone, Metridium senile (Cnidaria): prokaryote-like genes for tRNA(f-Met) and small-subunit ribosomal RNA, and standard genetic code specificities for AGR and ATA codonsG A Pont-Kingdon
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
J Mol Evol 39:387-99. 1994..chain NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 (ND2), the small-subunit rRNA (s-rRNA), cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII), ND4, ND6, cytochrome b (Cyt b), tRNA(f-Met), and the large-subunit rRNA (1-rRNA)...
- Characterization of a Plasmopara species on Ambrosia artemisiifolia, and notes on P. halstedii, based on morphology and multiple gene phylogeniesYoung Joon Choi
Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Mycol Res 113:1127-36. 2009..These findings might serve as a basis for a taxonomical reassessment of the P. halstedii complex and also for the delimitation of several well-defined species within this complex...
- The gene encoding cytochrome c oxidase subunit II from Rhodobacter sphaeroides; comparison of the deduced amino acid sequence with sequences of corresponding peptides from other speciesJ Cao
Department of Biochemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824
Gene 101:133-7. 1991..sphaeroides subunit II has a third such helix that may function as part of a signal sequence, as suggested for P. denitrificans...
- Morphological differences between larvae and in vitro-cultured adults of Anisakis simplex (sensu stricto) and Anisakis pegreffii (Nematoda: Anisakidae)Karl Marx A Quiazon
Department of Aquatic Biosciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Parasitol Int 57:483-9. 2008..Also, adult male A. simplex (s.s.) and A. pegreffii were found to be distinguishable by differences in the distribution pattern of the caudal papillae, particularly the 3rd pair of distal papillae...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 in infiltrating inflammatory cells in injured nerve is universally up-regulated following various types of peripheral nerve injuryW Ma
Pain Mechanism Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, and Center for the Study of Pharmacologic Plasticity in the Presence of Pain, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Neuroscience 121:691-704. 2003..Our data strongly suggest that during the initial several months after nerve injury, peripherally over-produced prostaglandins play an important role in the maintenance of neuropathic pain...
- Inhibition of p38 MAPK during cellular activation modulate gene expression of head kidney leukocytes isolated from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fed soy bean oil or fish oil based dietsE Holen
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research, Post box 2029 Nordnes, 5817 Bergen, Norway
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:397-405. 2011..Signalling through p38MAPK is ligand dependent and affects gene and protein expression differently...
- DNA damage in nasal and brain tissues of canines exposed to air pollutants is associated with evidence of chronic brain inflammation and neurodegenerationLILIAN CALDERON-GARCIDUENAS
Environmental Pathology Program, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7310, USA
Toxicol Pathol 31:524-38. 2003..These data suggest that Alzheimer's disease may be the sequela of air pollutant exposures and the resulting systemic inflammation...
- Comparison of lumiracoxib with naproxen and ibuprofen in the Therapeutic Arthritis Research and Gastrointestinal Event Trial (TARGET), cardiovascular outcomes: randomised controlled trialMichael E Farkouh
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Lancet 364:675-84. 2004....
- Intraplantar injection of a cyclooxygenase inhibitor ketorolac reduces immunoreactivities of substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, and dynorphin in the dorsal horn of rats with nerve injury or inflammationW Ma
Pain Mechanism Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology and Center for the Study of Pharmacological Plasticity in the Presence of Pain, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Neuroscience 121:681-90. 2003....
- Group I introns and associated homing endonuclease genes reveals a clinal structure for Porphyra spiralis var. amplifolia (Bangiales, Rhodophyta) along the Eastern coast of South AmericaDaniela Milstein
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Rua do Matao, 277, CEP 05508 900, Brazil
BMC Evol Biol 8:308. 2008..Introns of different sizes were tested qualitatively for in vitro self-splicing...
- Anisakis nascettii n. sp. (Nematoda: Anisakidae) from beaked whales of the southern hemisphere: morphological description, genetic relationships between congeners and ecological dataSimonetta Mattiucci
Department of Public Health Sciences, Section of Parasitology, Sapienza University of Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, Rome, Italy
Syst Parasitol 74:199-217. 2009..e. A. ziphidarum and A. nascettii, and that formed by their definitive hosts further supports the hypothesis of host-parasite co-evolutionary relationships, as previously suggested for Anisakis spp. and their cetacean hosts...
- Effect of polymorphisms in candidate genes on reproduction traits in Finnish pig populationsA I Sironen
Agrifood Research Finland, MTT, Biotechnology and Food Research, Genomics, FI 36100 Jokioinen, Finland
J Anim Sci 88:821-7. 2010..These results support the suitability of the candidate gene approach for identification of markers to improve the reproductive performance of sows and to provide potential markers for marker-assisted selection...
- Distinct molecular features of colorectal carcinoma with signet ring cell component and colorectal carcinoma with mucinous componentShuji Ogino
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mod Pathol 19:59-68. 2006..Signet ring cell carcinoma and mucinous carcinoma are related subtypes of colorectal adenocarcinoma, but have molecular features distinct from each other...
- The horsetail Equisetum arvense mitochondria share two group I introns with the liverwort Marchantia, acquired a novel group II intron but lost intron-encoded ORFsDominique Bégu
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire et Pathogénicité MCMP, UMR5234 CNRS, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Curr Genet 55:69-79. 2009..Analogous to seed plants, E. arvense has no potential mitochondrial splicing factors encoded in these introns. This is the first report concerning the presence of vertically inherited group I introns in vascular plant mitochondria...
- Fenofibrate exhibits a high potential to suppress the formation of squamous cell carcinoma in an oral-specific 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide/arecoline mouse modelNai Wen Chang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:558-64. 2011..We suggest that fenofibrate provides a new strategy for preventing oral tumor progression...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition protects cultured cerebellar granule neurons from glutamate-mediated cell deathKenneth I Strauss
Department of Neurosurgery, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Neurotrauma 19:627-38. 2002..These results suggest that glutamate, NMDA, and kainate neurotoxicity involve distinct excitotoxic pathways, and that the glutamate and NMDA pathways may intersect at the level of COX2...
- Postoperative analgesia in infants and children: new developmentsG Ivani
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, Turin, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 70:399-403. 2004..1-0.3 ml/kg/h of 0.2% ropivacaine or 0.25% levobupivacaine with clonidine 3 microg/kg/24h for 48-72 hours. For older children doses and concentrations are usually the same used in adults...
- Comparison of mitochondrial and chloroplast genome segments from three onion (Allium cepa L.) cytoplasm types and identification of a trans-splicing intron of cox2Sunggil Kim
Department of Plant Biotechnology, Biotechnology Research Institute, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
Curr Genet 56:177-88. 2010....
- p38 MAPK and COX2 inhibition modulate human chondrocyte response to TGF-betaRebecca K Studer
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Orthop Res 23:454-61. 2005..Use of these inhibitors to minimize cartilage damage in arthritic and mechanically stressed joints should reflect these characteristics...
- Phylogenetic analysis of honey bee behavioral evolutionRika Raffiudin
School of Marine and Tropical Biology, James Cook University, Townsville, Qld 4811, Australia
Mol Phylogenet Evol 43:543-52. 2007....
- Induction of rabbit cyclooxygenase 2 in the anterior uvea following glaucoma filtration surgeryM S Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Curr Eye Res 16:1147-51. 1997..This study was undertaken to evaluate for the presence of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX2) gene expression in the anterior uvea of rabbits following glaucoma filtration surgery...
- Prolonged cyclooxygenase-2 induction in neurons and glia following traumatic brain injury in the ratK I Strauss
Department of Neurosurgery, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 17:695-711. 2000..These may cause secondary injuries to the brain that promote neuropathology and worsen behavioral outcome...
- Evolution of eutherian cytochrome c oxidase subunit II: heterogeneous rates of protein evolution and altered interaction with cytochrome cR M Adkins
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, Texas A and M University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 13:1393-404. 1996Cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII), encoded by the mitochondrial genome, exhibits one of the most heterogeneous rates of amino acid replacement among placental mammals...
- COX2 activity promotes organic osmolyte accumulation and adaptation of renal medullary interstitial cells to hypertonic stressGilbert W Moeckel
Renal Pathology Division, Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19352-7. 2003..These findings may have implications for the pathogenesis of analgesic nephropathy...
- Health care resource utilization and costs of NSAID-induced gastrointestinal toxicity. A population-based study in SwitzerlandFabiola Delco
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Digestion 69:10-9. 2004..The costs induced by conventional and COX2-selective NSAIDs were calculated separately, and the results were then extrapolated for the United States...
- Expression, purification, and characterization of the CuA-cytochrome c domain from subunit II of the Bacillus subtilis cytochrome caa3 complex in Escherichia coliDiann Andrews
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont, Canada K7L 3N6
Protein Expr Purif 42:227-35. 2005..coli, and we conclude that the cytochrome c and Cu(A) sub-domains behave independently despite their close physical and functional association...
- Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) by atorvastatin is mediated by 15-deoxy-delta-12,14-PGJ2Yumei Ye
The Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, United States
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:43-53. 2007..In conclusion, both ATV and PIO activate PPAR-gamma and increase myocardial 15DPGJ(2) levels. Activation of PPAR-gamma by ATV is mediated solely by 15DPGJ(2), whereas PIO activates PPAR-gamma both directly and indirectly via 15DPGJ(2)...
- Selective COX2 inhibition improves whole body and muscular insulin resistance in fructose-fed ratsP S Hsieh
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, National Defence Medical Centre, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Clin Invest 38:812-9. 2008..Aims of this study were to examine the effects of COX1 and COX2 inhibitors on whole body and muscular insulin resistance in fructose-fed rats, an animal model of the metabolic syndrome...
- Dietary soy protein selectively reduces renal prostanoids and cyclooxygenases in polycystic kidney diseaseClaudia Yu Chen Peng
Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:737-43. 2009..Dietary soy protein therefore reduced the levels of specific renal prostanoids, cPLA(2) and COX enzymes in this model of polycystic kidney disease, a model in which soy protein has been demonstrated to reduce disease progression...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 preserves flow-mediated remodelling in old obese Zucker rat mesenteric arteriesEric J Belin De Chantemele
Departement of Integrated Neurovascular Biology, Universite d Angers, CNRS UMR 6214, INSERM U771, CHU d Angers, Angers, France
Cardiovasc Res 86:516-25. 2010..We hypothesized that cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) would affect remodelling in 12-month-old obese rats compared with young rats...
- Evolution of the primate cytochrome c oxidase subunit II geneR M Adkins
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
J Mol Evol 38:215-31. 1994We examined the nucleotide and amino acid sequence variation of the cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) gene from 25 primates (4 hominoids, 8 Old World monkeys, 2 New World monkeys, 2 tarsiers, 7 lemuriforms, 2 lorisiforms)...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-beta/delta (PPARbeta/delta) ligands do not potentiate growth of human cancer cell linesHolly E Hollingshead
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences and The Center of Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:2641-9. 2007....
- Inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase and cyclooxygenase-2 increases levels of endocannabinoid related molecules and produces analgesia via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha in a model of inflammatory painMaulik D Jhaveri
School of Biomedical Sciences and Institute of Neuroscience, Medical School, Queens Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG7 2UH, UK
Neuropharmacology 55:85-93. 2008..The finding that PPARalpha antagonism blocked the inhibitory effects of nimesulide and URB597 suggests that PPARalpha contributes to their antinociceptive effects in the carrageenan model of inflammatory hyperalgesia...
- Signaling pathways involved in sphingosine kinase activation and sphingosine-1-phosphate release in rat myometrium in late pregnancy: role in the induction of cyclooxygenase 2Martin Serrano-Sanchez
Signalisation et Régulations Cellulaires, Institut de Biochimie et de Biophysique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8619, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Batiment 430, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay, France
Endocrinology 149:4669-79. 2008..Overall, our findings provided insight into the physiological relevance of the SphK activation and S1P release in uterine smooth muscle during gestation...
- Differential involvement of COX1 and COX2 in the vasculopathy associated with the alpha-galactosidase A-knockout mouseJames L Park
Univ of Michigan, 1560 MSRB2, 1150 W Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5676, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1133-40. 2009..These results suggest that, in the Gla(-/0) mice, COX1 and COX2 activity are increased and localized in the endothelium, producing vasopressor and vasorelaxant products, which contribute to the Fabry-related vasculopathy...
- Inhibition of thromboxane a synthase activity enhances steroidogenesis and steroidogenic acute regulatory gene expression in MA-10 mouse Leydig cellsXingJia Wang
Garrison Institute on Aging, Department of Neuropsychiatry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Endocrinology 149:851-7. 2008....
- Inhibition of chemically induced skin carcinogenesis by sulindac is independent of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-beta/delta (PPARbeta/delta)Dae J Kim
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences and The Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1105-12. 2006..Additionally, results from these studies do not support the hypothesis that ligand activation of PPARbeta by COX-derived metabolites potentiates chemically induced skin carcinogenesis...
- Rapid morphological and genetic change in Chicago-area PeromyscusOliver R W Pergams
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607 USA
Mol Ecol 17:450-63. 2008..Replacement with genotypes from external populations may be a common mechanism of evolution of newly adaptive local forms in an increasingly human-impacted world...
- Effect of losartan on cyclooxygenase-2 expression in normal human mesangial cells and kidneys of rats with diabetic nephropathyQiao Ling Zhou
Department of Nephrology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 33:790-9. 2008....
- Molecular phylogeny of the subfamily Gerbillinae (Muridae, Rodentia) with emphasis on species living in the Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region of China and based on the mitochondrial cytochrome b and cytochrome c oxidase subunit II genesMamoru Ito
Central Institute for Experimental Animals, Kawasaki 216 0001, Japan
Zoolog Sci 27:269-78. 2010..species, DNA sequences of parts of the mitochondrial cytochrome b (Cytb) and cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) genes were examined with the neighbor Joining, maximum parsimony, maximum likelihood, and Bayesian inference ..
- OSU-03012 stimulates PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum-dependent increases in 70-kDa heat shock protein expression, attenuating its lethal actions in transformed cellsMargaret A Park
Department of Biochemistry, 401 College Street, Massey Cancer Center, Room 280a, Box 980035, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0035, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:1168-84. 2008..OSU-03012 also increased expression of HSP70 in a PERK-dependent fashion, providing support for the contention that OSU-03012-induced PERK signaling promotes both cell survival and cell death processes...
- Differential effects of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors in a model of cardiovascular diseaseRobert N Willette
Heart Failure Discovery Performance Unit, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceutics, 709 Swedeland Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 330:964-70. 2009..The results also suggest a method for evaluating long-term cardiovascular efficacy and safety...
- Pathways regulating cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation and eicosanoid production in macrophages by Candida albicansSaritha Suram
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 285:30676-85. 2010..The results demonstrate that C. albicans engages both β-glucan and mannan-binding receptors on macrophages that act with MyD88 to regulate the activation of cPLA(2)α and eicosanoid production...
- A polymorphism in the 3' untranslated region of the gene encoding prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase 2 is not associated with an increase in breast cancer risk: a nested case-control studyDavid G Cox
Program in Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology, Epidemiology Department, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R3. 2007..Polymorphisms in the PTGS2 gene have been associated with various diseases, including inflammatory bowel disease and cancer of the lung, colorectum, and breast...
- CD36 deficiency leads to choroidal involution via COX2 down-regulation in rodentsMarianne Houssier
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U872, Paris, France
PLoS Med 5:e39. 2008..The aim of this study is to elucidate the possible implication of the scavenger receptor CD36 in retinal degeneration and choroidal involution, the cardinal features of the dry form of AMD...
- Role of the cyclooxygenase 2-thromboxane pathway in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced decrease in mesencephalic vein blood flow in the zebrafish embryoHiroki Teraoka
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:33-40. 2009..Taken together, these results point to a role of the prostanoid synthesis pathway via COX2-TBXS-TP in the local circulation failure induced by TCDD in the dorsal midbrain of the zebrafish embryo...
- COX2-related multicentric mixed-type Castleman's disease in a young manJie Liu
State Key Laboratory for Cancer Biology, Department of Digestive Diseases, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 2:370-5; quiz 376. 2005..A lymph node biopsy established the diagnosis, and cytokine analysis in the serum revealed COX2 as the possible mediator...
- Evidence for multiple reversals of asymmetric mutational constraints during the evolution of the mitochondrial genome of metazoa, and consequences for phylogenetic inferencesAlexandre Hassanin
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Départment Systématique et Evolution, Case Postale, Paris, France
Syst Biol 54:277-98. 2005....
- Dependence of uterine cyclooxygenase2 expression on luteinizing hormone signalingD X Lin
Division of Research, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
Biol Reprod 73:256-60. 2005..This increase became exaggerated when additional native LHCGR were introduced by gene therapy. In conclusion, deletion and reinsertion of Lhcgr further support that uterine Cox2 gene expression is dependent on LH signaling...
- Gene expression profiles identify a role for cyclooxygenase 2-dependent prostanoid generation in BMP6-induced angiogenic responsesRongqin Ren
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7126, USA
Blood 109:2847-53. 2007..These data indicate that Cox2 may serve as a unifying component downstream from disparate pathways to modulate angiogenic responses in diseases in which neovascularization plays an underlying pathophysiologic role...
- Reproductive function for a C-terminus extended, male-transmitted cytochrome c oxidase subunit II protein expressed in both spermatozoa and eggsR Chakrabarti
Department of Biochemistry, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
FEBS Lett 581:5213-9. 2007..We also demonstrate the presence of male-transmitted mtDNA and season-specific MCOX2 spatial variation in ovaries. We hypothesize that MCOX2 plays a role in reproduction through gamete maturation, fertilization and/or embryogenesis...
- Molecular phylogeny of the tribe Sphodrini (Coleoptera: Carabidae) based on mitochondrial and nuclear markersCarlos Ruiz
Departamento de Zoología y Antropología Física Biología Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30071 Murcia, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 50:44-58. 2009..The analyses clearly demonstrated the importance of exploring effects of alignment methods that may become particularly important in resolving polytomies and nodes with low support...
- DOCK2 is a microglial specific regulator of central nervous system innate immunity found in normal and Alzheimer's disease brainPatrick J Cimino
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology, the Neurobiology and Behavior Program, University of Washington, Box 359645, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Pathol 175:1622-30. 2009..Together, these results suggest DOCK2 as a COX2 expression-independent therapeutic target for neurodegenerative diseases such as AD...
- An integrative genomic approach in oesophageal cells identifies TRB3 as a bile acid responsive gene, downregulated in Barrett's oesophagus, which regulates NF-kappaB activation and cytokine levelsShane P Duggan
Department of Clinical Medicine and Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Carcinogenesis 31:936-45. 2010..This study identifies mechanisms through which bile acids such as DCA, in conjunction with the loss of key signalling molecules, could regulate oesophageal metaplasticity...
- Trypanosoma cruzi TcIII/Z3 genotype as agent of an outbreak of Chagas disease in the Brazilian Western AmazoniaWuelton M Monteiro
Fundacao de Medicina Tropical do Amazonas, Manaus, Brazil
Trop Med Int Health 15:1049-51. 2010..the non-transcribed spacer of the mini-exon and by sequencing of the mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) gene. The T...
- PGE(2)-induced CXCL12 production and CXCR4 expression controls the accumulation of human MDSCs in ovarian cancer environmentNatasa Obermajer
Department of Surgery, Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cancer Res 71:7463-70. 2011..Together, our findings elucidate a central role for PGE(2) in MDSC accumulation triggered by the CXCL12-CXCR4 pathway, providing a powerful rationale to target PGE(2) signaling in ovarian cancer therapy...
- p62 links β-adrenergic input to mitochondrial function and thermogenesisTimo D Müller
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen and Department of Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 123:469-78. 2013..Together, our data identify p62 as a novel regulator of mitochondrial function and brown fat thermogenesis...
- Telomerase reverse transcriptase inhibition stimulates cyclooxygenase 2 expression in cancer cells and synergizes with celecoxib to exert anti-cancer effectsT Liu
Division of Haematology, Department of Medicine, Centre for Molecular Medicine, CMM, L8 00, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Cancer 108:2272-80. 2013..However, telomerase/hTERT inhibition alone has minimal clinical efficacy. We explored the relationship between hTERT and cyclooxygenase 2 (COX2) and evaluated synergistic anti-cancer effects of targeting both hTERT and COX2...
- Erlotinib, erlotinib-sulindac versus placebo: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled window trial in operable head and neck cancerNeil D Gross
Authors Affiliations Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology Biostatistics Facility, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Departments of Otolaryngology and Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Department of Otolaryngology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas Women s Health Integrated Research Center, Gynecologic Cancer Center of Excellence, Annandale, Virginia Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Clin Cancer Res 20:3289-98. 2014..We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled window trial of erlotinib, an EGFR inhibitor; erlotinib plus sulindac, a nonselective COX inhibitor; versus placebo...
- Pharmacokinetics of 3 formulations of meloxicam in cynomolgus macaques (Macaca fascicularis)Cassondra Bauer
Texas Biomedical Research Institute, Southwest National Primate Research Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 53:502-11. 2014..The oral formulation has limited utility in nonhuman primates because of low circulating levels of drug...
- Local administration of AAV-DJ pseudoserotype expressing COX2 provided early onset of transgene expression and promoted bone fracture healing in miceR Lakhan
Division of Regenerative Medicine, Department of Medicine, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Gene Ther 22:721-8. 2015..In conclusion, AAV-DJ is a promising serotype for the AAV-based COX2 gene therapy of fracture repair in humans. ..
- Role of AMP-activated protein kinase α1 in angiotensin-II-induced renal Tgfß-activated kinase 1 activationSobuj Mia
Department of Physiology, University of Tuebingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tuebingen, Otfried Mueller Str 10, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 476:267-72. 2016..In conclusion, angiotensin-II up-regulates the Ampkα1 isoform in renal tissue. Ampkα1 participates in renal Tak1 activation and Tak1-dependent signaling induced by angiotensin-II. ..
- Applying Physiologically Relevant Strains to Tenocytes in an In Vitro Cell Device Induces In Vivo Like BehaviorsJung Joo Kim
Auckland Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
J Biomech Eng 138:. 2016..This device will be used in designing novel tendon tissue engineering scaffolds in the future...
- Intestinal tuft cells regulate the ATM mediated DNA Damage response via Dclk1 dependent mechanism for crypt restitution following radiation injuryParthasarathy Chandrakesan
Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Sci Rep 6:37667. 2016....
- Hypomethylation of inflammatory genes (COX2, EGR1, and SOCS3) and increased urinary 8-nitroguanine in arsenic-exposed newborns and childrenPreeyaphan Phookphan
Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology, Chulabhorn Research Institute, Laksi, Bangkok, Thailand Post graduate Program in Environmental Toxicology, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute, Laksi, Bangkok, Thailand Center of Excellence on Environmental Health, Toxicology EHT, Office of the Higher Education Commission, Ministry of Education, Thailand
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol . 2016..These effects may be linked to mechanisms of arsenic-induced inflammation and cancer development later in life...
- Molecular evolutionary dynamics of cytochrome b in strepsirrhine primates: the phylogenetic significance of third-position transversionsA D Yoder
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, USA
Mol Biol Evol 13:1339-50. 1996..A study (Adkins and Honeycutt 1994) of the cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) gene placed one Malagasy primate (Daubentonia) at the base of the strepsirrhine clade, thereby suggesting a ..
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cox1 mutantsC Lemaire
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Laboratoire propre du CNRS associé à l Université Pierre et Marie Curie, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Curr Genet 34:138-45. 1998..A comparison of the steady state levels of Cox1p through Cox4p in the COX1, COX2, COX3 and COX4 mutants shows the interdependance of the accumulation of these four subunits in the mitochondrial membranes...
- Intraspecific hybridization of Anopheles sinensis (Diptera: Culicidae) strains from Thailand and KoreaGi Sik Min
Mol Cells 14:198-204. 2002..The sequences of the rDNA internal-transcribed spacer 2 (ITS2) and mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) among the An...
- A mutation in the yeast mitochondrial core RNA polymerase, Rpo41, confers defects in both specificity factor interaction and promoter utilizationMichio Matsunaga
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2012-9. 2004..The fact that mutation of Rpo41 results in selective transcription defects indicates that the core RNAP, like T7RNAP, plays an important role in promoter utilization...
- Leukotriene-related gene polymorphisms in ASA-intolerant asthma: an association with a haplotype of 5-lipoxygenaseJeong Hee Choi
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Ajou University Hospital, Ajou, Republic of Korea
Hum Genet 114:337-44. 2004..However, the possible involvement of ALOX5-ht1[G-C-G-A] in AIA development is suggested...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the black coral Chrysopathes formosa (Cnidaria:Anthozoa:Antipatharia) supports classification of antipatharians within the subclass HexacoralliaMercer R Brugler
Department of Biology, Grice Marine Laboratory, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 42:776-88. 2007....
- Hypothyroidism prolongs corpus luteum function in the pregnant ratMaría Belén Hapon
Laboratorio de Reproduccion y Lactancia, IMBECU CONICET, Mendoza, Argentina
Reproduction 133:197-205. 2007....
- The Leptynia hispanica species complex (Insecta Phasmida): polyploidy, parthenogenesis, hybridization and moreFabrizio Ghiselli
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, Universita di Bologna, Via Selmi 3, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
Mol Ecol 16:4256-68. 2007..Moreover, the age, wide distribution and competitive advantage of polyploids over diploids, demonstrate their significance in the evolution of the L. hispanica species complex...
- Effects of N-acetylcysteine plus mesalamine on prostaglandin synthesis and nitric oxide generation in TNBS-induced colitis in ratsHanumantha R Ancha
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:758-66. 2009..In conclusion, these results indicate that NAC plus 5-ASA exerts therapeutic benefit, in part by countering the actions of PGE(2) and the deleterious effects of oxidative and nitrosative stress induced by TNBS colitis...
- Effects of a cyclooxygenase-2 preferential inhibitor in young healthy dogs exposed to air pollution: a pilot studyLILIAN CALDERON-GARCIDUENAS
Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Mexico City, Mexico
Toxicol Pathol 37:644-60. 2009..The search for potentially beneficial drugs useful to ameliorate the brain effects of pollution represents an enormous clinical challenge...
- Sphingosine kinase: Role in regulation of bioactive sphingolipid mediators in inflammationAshley J Snider
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Biochimie 92:707-15. 2010..The contribution of these mediators, specifically SK1 and S1P, to inflammation and disease are discussed in this review...
- Association of cyclooxygenase 2 polymorphic genotypes with prostate cancer in taiwanHsi Chin Wu
Terry Fox Cancer Research Lab, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Anticancer Res 31:221-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association of polymorphic genotypes in the cyclooxygenase 2 gene (COX2), which is reported to be overexpressed in prostate tumors, with Taiwan prostate cancer patients...
- TAK1-TAB2 signaling contributes to bone destruction by breast carcinoma cellsAlfiya Safina
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:1042-53. 2011..These findings identify the TAK1-TAB2 axis as a potential therapeutic target in bone metastasis...
- Ehrlichia chaffeensis TRP120 interacts with a diverse array of eukaryotic proteins involved in transcription, signaling, and cytoskeleton organizationTian Luo
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0609, USA
Infect Immun 79:4382-91. 2011..These findings further support the role of TRPs as effectors that reprogram the host cell...
- The role of COX-2/PGE2 in gossypol-induced apoptosis of colorectal carcinoma cellsChih Chiang Chien
Division of Nephrology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:3128-37. 2012....
- Live imaging of tumor initiation in zebrafish larvae reveals a trophic role for leukocyte-derived PGE₂Yi Feng
School of Biochemistry and School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Biomedical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Curr Biol 22:1253-9. 2012..Our in vivo observations at these early stages of cancer initiation provide a potential mechanistic explanation for why long-term use of low doses of NSAIDs, including aspirin, might reduce cancer onset...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the wild silkworm moth, Actias seleneQiu Ning Liu
Laboratory of Sericulture, College of Life Science, Anhui Agricultural University, 130 Changjiang West Road 230036, PR China
Gene 505:291-9. 2012..Phylogenetic analysis showed that A. selene was close to Saturniidae...
- The use of anti-COX2 siRNA coated onto PLGA nanoparticles loading dexamethasone in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritisJi Sun Park
Department of Biomedical Science, College of Life Science, CHA University, 3F, Yatap Acecore, 502 Yatap dong Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 33:8600-12. 2012....
- Human lung fibroblasts increase CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) T cells in co-cultured CD4(+) lymphocytesEnrico Conte
Department of Clinical and MolecularBiomedicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy Electronic address
Cell Immunol 285:55-61. 2013..Proliferative response of CD4(+) to the anti CD3/CD28-Abs was abrogated in CD4(+) co-cultured with fibroblasts thus demonstrating a suppressive feature of the expanded CD25(+) subpopulation. ..
- A co culture approach show that polyamine turnover is affected during inflammation in Atlantic salmon immune and liver cells and that arginine and LPS exerts opposite effects on p38MAPK signalingElisabeth Holen
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research NIFES, P B 2029 Nordnes, 5817 Bergen, Norway Electronic address
Fish Shellfish Immunol 37:286-98. 2014..This paper shows that co culturing these two cell types reveals the connection between metabolism and inflammation, suggesting different pathways and candidate biomarkers to be further explored. ..
- Complete mitochondrial genome of Empoasca vitis (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae)Ningning Zhou
a Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Biometrology and Inspection and Quarantine, College of Life Sciences, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1052-3. 2016..Usual termination codon TAA and incomplete stop codon T are using by 13 protein-coding genes. The A+T-rich region has a length of 977 bp with the AT content high to 88.95%. ..
- Effect of one month duration ketogenic and non-ketogenic high fat diets on mouse brain bioenergetic infrastructureJ Eva Selfridge
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 66160, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 47:1-11. 2015....
- The complete mitochondrial genome of Stump-tailed Macaques (Macaca arctoides)Zongtao Liu
a Key Laboratory of Bio resources and Eco environment Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1742-3. 2016..Eight PCGs ended with complete termination codons except for COX3, ND3, ND4, and CYTB terminated with incompleted codon T. ..
- Differential pro-inflammatory responses of astrocytes and microglia involve STAT3 activation in response to 1800 MHz radiofrequency fieldsYonghui Lu
Department of Occupational Health, Key Lab of Medical Protection for Electromagnetic Radiation, Ministry of Education of China, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e108318. 2014..Our data provide novel insights into the potential mechanisms of the reported CNS impacts associated with mobile phone use and present STAT3 as a promising target to protect humans against increasing RF exposure. ..
- Complete mitochondrial genomes of Korean lamprey (Lethenteron morii) and American brook lamprey (L. appendix)Jiafei Pu
a College of Fisheries and Life Sciences, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1860-1. 2016..8 times in both lampreys. The observed level of similarity between nucleotide sequences (99.62%) implies the Korean lamprey and American brook lamprey are very close relatives and should be assigned into the same taxonomic genus. ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 or tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitors attenuate the mechanotransductive effects of pulsed focused ultrasound to suppress mesenchymal stromal cell homing to healthy and dystrophic musclePamela A Tebebi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Catholic University of America, Washington, District of Columbia, USA Frank Lab, Radiology and Imaging Sciences Department, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Stem Cells 33:1173-86. 2015..This study highlights potentially negative drug-host interactions that suppress stem cell homing and could undermine cell-based approaches for regenerative medicine...
- [Effect of quercetin on doxorubicin-induced expression of MDR1 gene in HL-60 cells]Hai lan He
Department of Pediatrics, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial Peopel Hospital, Chengdu 610072, Sichuan Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 23:70-6. 2015..This study was purposed to investigate the impacts of quercetin on Dox-induced mRNA expression of MDR1 and COX2 genes in HL-60 leukemia cells...
- Are cyclooxygenase-2 and nitric oxide involved in the dyskinesia of Parkinson's disease induced by L-DOPA?Mariza Bortolanza
School of Odontology of Ribeirao Preto, Department of Morphology, University of Sao Paulo USP, Physiology and Basic Pathology, Av Café S N, 14040 904, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Applied Neurosciences NAPNA, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 370:. 2015..These results suggest that increased COX2 expression after L-DOPA long-term treatment in Parkinsonian-like rats could contribute to the development of dyskinesia...
- RAYMOND NELSON DUBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Information gained from these studies will be important for achieving the long-term goal of reducing the cancer burden and revealing more effective ways to prevent cancer. ..
- John P Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- COX2 EXPRESSION IN GENITOURINARY CANCER AND DEVELOPMENTMatthew Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Xianglin Shi; Fiscal Year: 2015..Present study attempts to identify cyanidin-3-glucoside, a plant-derived compound, as a mechanism-based preventive agent against UV-induced skin cancers. ..
- COX2-Derived Cyclopentenone Prostaglandins Exacerbate Hypoxic Ischemic Brain InjuRobert W Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use a rodent model mimicking pediatric cardiac arrest secondary to mechanisms such as drowning. The project has potential to identify therapies for brain injury in children suffering from cardiac arrest. ..
- Steven H Graham; Fiscal Year: 2016..The current project aims to identify a downstream mechanism by which COX2 activity injures neurons which could lead to new treatments for stroke and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Tatiana Efimova; Fiscal Year: 2014..We are optimistic that the completion of the proposed studies will result in a better mechanistic understanding of the p384 role in epithelial carcinogenesis and its potential as an anti-cancer therapeutic target. ..
- Breast Cancer Survival: Lifestyle and Genetic DeterminantsXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, built on successfully implemented cohort studies, will be extremely timely and cost-efficient. ..
- Robert Spurney; Fiscal Year: 2014..If successful, the results may suggest novel therapeutic strategies for treating diabetic kidney disease. ..
- ChemR23 agonists for pain and inflammationMiguel Garcia-Guzman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Drug products developed in this program could be transformative in pain management with the potential of disease modifying actions in chronic pain. ..
- PAIN EVOKED RELEASE OF AMINO ACIDS AND PROSTANOIDSTony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Ellen Merrick Schill; Fiscal Year: 2015..These experiments will examine if ibuprofen could be a common and avoidable exposure during pregnancy that increases HSCR risk by reducing the efficiency of ENCC migration. ..
- Assembly of Redox Metal Centers in Cytochrome OxidaseDennis R Winge; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most frequently mutated gene in Leigh Syndrome patients is SURF1 that encodes a protein that acts in heme a insertion in cytochrome oxidase. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Chronic Liver DiseasesManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term plan is to refine our risk assessment in patients with liver cirrhosis and HCC so that we can identify high-risk subgroups of candidates for primary and secondary prevention measures. ..
- Alcohol, Glial Gene Expression and the Heat Shock PathwayNeil L Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Microglia are the immune component of the brain and eliminate foreign invaders. Alcohol may alter the activity of all three types of glial cell by changing gene expression, and in doing so may harm nerve cells. ..
- SPORE in Pancreatic CancerJames Abbruzzese; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECTS OF ACID ON BONEDavid A Bushinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current proposal is aimed at understanding the first steps by which acid is detected by bone cells. Understanding the process by which the bone detects and neutralizes the acid can lead to an improvement in bone health. ..
- Paul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2014..The goal of the studies in this proposal is to provide detailed mechanistic evidence to move OSU-03012 as a therapeutic for GBM from the bench into the clinic. ..
- Treatment of Diabetic NephropathyJulia Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Also the pilot study allows us to establish procedures, better estimate recruitment goals and establish safety for a larger trial. ..
- Yatrik M Shah; Fiscal Year: 2016..Ultimately these studies will determine if HIF2a is a potential therapeutic target in colon inflammation and may provide an alternative strategy for preventing and treating colon cancer. ..
- B Cell Expressed COX2 and AID Dependent Sjogrens Syndrome AutoimmunityPATRICIA K MONGINI; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development of a Biologically-based Nursing Intervention for Cancer CachexiaDONNA MCCARTHY BECKETT; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this study will lead to the development and testing of biologically-based nursing interventions to alleviate cachexia in cancer patients. ..
- The role of prostaglandin d2 in hair follicle biologyLUIS ANDRES GARZA; Fiscal Year: 2012..This interdisciplinary proposal will capitalize on the expertise of two established and highly regarded physician scientists yielding a unique niche for the future independence of the principal investigator. ..
- Molly F Kulesz-Martin; Fiscal Year: 2016..5 million people in the US annually, ..
- Soluble epoxide hydrolase as a novel target of colitis-induced carcinogenesisGuang Yu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Calcineurin in Prostaglandin Mediated Muscle GrowthGRACE PAVLATH; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ESA, a Novel Anti-inflammation AgentLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our preliminary studies indicate that EsA should not predispose patients to vascular events. While the leading COX2 inhibitor, Celebrex(r), has allergic cross-reactivity to sulfonamides, EsA should not. ..
- Genetic susceptibility to gastric cancer in Latin AmericaEduardo M Tarazona-Santos; Fiscal Year: 2011..By performing the study in Lima and Rio de Janeiro, we address the key issue of replication of genetic association studies. ..
- Bombesin-Activated Carcinoma Associated Fibroblasts in Colorectal CancerCelia Chao; Fiscal Year: 2013..By studying the relevant mechanisms, we may better design drugs to target GRPR in these supporting cells, and thus improve patient survival. ..
- TRANSLATIONAL CONTROL OF YEAST MITOCHONDRIAL GENESTHOMAS DAVID FOX; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal seeks to exploit the model organism budding yeast to elucidate key steps, that are conserved in humans, in the assembly of the respiratory complex cytochrome c oxidase. ..
- MEDIATORS AND MODIFIERS OF NF-kappaB IN INSULIN RESISTANCESteven E Shoelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will improve our understanding of the role of subacute 'inflammation'in insulin resistance, T2D and the metabolic syndrome, and may identify new and more selective targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Concerted role for integrin alpha3beta1 and TGFb signaling in cancer progressionSita Subbaram; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will contribute towards the understanding of malignant progression and lead to the development of novel therapies against metastatic cancer. ..
- Shamgar Ben-Eliyahu; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- The role of tristetraprolin in head and neck cancer progressionELIZABETH ANNE VAN TUBERGEN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Anda M Vlad; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results from our studies may advance our understanding of the MUC1 oncogene in disease pathogenesis and provide the rationale for future immunotherapy trials in ovarian cancer. ..
- Chemopreventive signaling pathwaysE Aubrey Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2012..These pathways will be validated and evaluated for inhibition of proliferation and/or invasion in culture, with the view of testing their chemopreventive efficacy in vivo as part of our future goals. ..
- Role of COX2 of Neuronal Origin in Blood-Brain Communication after status epileptRaymond J Dingledine; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- ELAINE EMILY WIRRIG; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Ginger for Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerSuzanna Zick; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Jenny P Ting; Fiscal Year: 2015..This proposal plans to examine the roles of ASC and these other NLRs in these disease models. We will further delineate the molecular mechanisms by which these proteins affect disease outcome. ..
- Cyclooxygenases in Skeletal RepairXinping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Does Inflammation Enhance Rengeneration?Phillip B Messersmith; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Yong Q Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Aspirin use, genetic variation in aspirin related-genes, and Hodgkin lymphoma risEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inhibition of lupus nephritis in IRF-1 deficient miceChristopher Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 2: Study the in vivo effect of gene deletion of IRF-1 on MRL/lpr mice by backcrossing C57BL6 (IRF-1- /-) mice onto the MRL/lpr background. ..
- JEFFREY LING YI WONG; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Peggy Peissig; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL TISSUE CHANGES IN RAT MODEL OF CTDANN BARR; Fiscal Year: 2000..The relationship of these changes to task repetition rate will be analyzed across time. ..
- POLYMORPHISMS IN PG/COX PATHWAY AND COLORECTAL POLYPSCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we plan to develop a model for integrating information on genetic variability at multiple points in this metabolic pathway. ..
- Chemoprevention of Tobacco-related Oral CarcinogenesisXiaoxin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Some of the agents and biomarkers studied herein may be used for chemoprevention in individuals with leukoplakia and erythroplakia. ..
- SUSCEPTIBILITY GENES FOR HUMAN COLON NEOPLASIASanford Markowitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANICAL STRESS AND PROSTAGLANDINS IN CARTILAGEBeverley Fermor; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings will have significant implications in the development of pharmaceutical or biophysical interventions for the treatment of arthritis. ..
- Pilot Study--Cox2 Inhibitor in Invasive Bladder CancerDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NF-kappaB Signaling Networks in I/R and Late PCW Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting RAR-beta2-led Gene Pathway in Prevention of Esophageal CancerXiaochun Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MUCINS AND COLON CANCER PROGRESSIONAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2000..Mouse models already available (APC 1638 and COX2 -/-), as well as those to be developed in this proposal (Muc2 -/-, MUC2/beta-gal), will be used to test this hypothesis. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CD4+ T CELL DYSFUNCTION IN SIVAftab Ansari; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Cox-2 signaling in seizure-induce synaptic plasticityGEIDY ENID SERRANO; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Blood Flow and Salivary Gland Function in DiabetesLeigh Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, understanding the mechanisms underlying microvascular abnormalities in the diabetic SMG may contribute to the development of new therapeutic strategies for the prevention and treatment of diabetic microvascular disease. ..
- ANABOLIC ACTION OF Wnt IN THE ADULT SKELETONDiane Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies provide a unique opportunity to test the role of LRP5 in mechanical regulation of bone mass through Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- STUDIES ON CANNABINOID EFFECTS AND CANNABIMIMETIC DRUGSAlexandros Makriyannis; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- THE FUNCTION OF COX-2 IN MECHANOTRANSDUCTIONAmy Ridall; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Cox2 Induced TumorigenesisTimothy Hla; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will employ a mass-spectrometry based state-of-the-art proteomic technology to identify novel polypeptides regulated by Cox-2 overexpression in the mammary gland, with a focus on mediators of apoptosis and angiogenesis. ..
- Fatty Acid Effects on COX-2 Dependent Prostate CancerRussell Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..