Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COPZ1
Description: coatomer protein complex subunit zeta 1
Alias: CGI-120, COPZ, HSPC181, zeta-COP, zeta1-COP, coatomer subunit zeta-1, coatomer protein complex, subunit zeta, zeta-1 COP, zeta-1-coat protein
- Anania M, Gasparri F, Cetti E, Fraietta I, Todoerti K, Miranda C, et al. Identification of thyroid tumor cell vulnerabilities through a siRNA-based functional screening. Oncotarget. 2015;6:34629-48 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of three selected hit genes, namely Cyclin D1, MASTL and COPZ1, showed that they represent common vulnerabilities for thyroid tumor cells, as their inhibition reduced the ..
- Fu Y, Bruce K, Wu H, Giedroc D. The S2 Cu(i) site in CupA from Streptococcus pneumoniae is required for cellular copper resistance. Metallomics. 2016;8:61-70 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the S2 site is essential for Cu resistance. Expression of a chimeric CopZ chaperone fused to the CupA transmembrane helix does not protect S...
- Straw M, Chaplin A, Hough M, Paps J, Bavro V, Wilson M, et al. A cytosolic copper storage protein provides a second level of copper tolerance in Streptomyces lividans. Metallomics. 2018;10:180-193 pubmed publisher..lividans that serves to preclude deleterious copper levels. This system comprises of several CopZ-like copper chaperones and P1-type ATPases, predominantly under the transcriptional control of a ..
- Navarro C, von Bernath D, MartÃnez Bussenius C, Castillo R, Jerez C. Cytoplasmic CopZ-Like Protein and Periplasmic Rusticyanin and AcoP Proteins as Possible Copper Resistance Determinants in Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans ATCC 23270. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:1015-1022 pubmed publisher..Transcriptional expression of A. ferrooxidans genes coding for a cytoplasmic CopZ-like copper-binding chaperone and the periplasmic copper-binding proteins rusticyanin and AcoP, which form part of ..
- Garcia S, Du Q, Wu H. Streptococcus mutans copper chaperone, CopZ, is critical for biofilm formation and competitiveness. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2016;31:515-525 pubmed publisher..encodes a negative DNA-binding repressor (CopY), the P1-ATPase copper exporter (CopA), and the copper chaperone (CopZ)...
- Lippincott Schwartz J, Liu W. Insights into COPI coat assembly and function in living cells. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:e1-4 pubmed..Here, we present images and movies characterizing the dynamics of protein components of the COPI coat in living cells. We discuss the self-assembly of these coat components into a molecular machine for sorting and trafficking membranes. ..
- Tamayo A, Bharti A, Trujillo C, Harrison R, Murphy J. COPI coatomer complex proteins facilitate the translocation of anthrax lethal factor across vesicular membranes in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5254-9 pubmed publisher..This facilitated delivery appears to use a mechanism that is analogous to that of DT entry. ..
- Shtutman M, Baig M, Levina E, Hurteau G, Lim C, Broude E, et al. Tumor-specific silencing of COPZ2 gene encoding coatomer protein complex subunit ? 2 renders tumor cells dependent on its paralogous gene COPZ1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12449-54 pubmed publisher..Function-based genomic screening identified the coatomer protein complex ?1 (COPZ1) gene as essential for different tumor cell types but not for normal cells...
- Cukierman E, Huber I, Rotman M, Cassel D. The ARF1 GTPase-activating protein: zinc finger motif and Golgi complex localization. Science. 1995;270:1999-2002 pubmed..Thus, the GAP is likely to be recruited to the Golgi by an ARF1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Kuge O, Hara Kuge S, Orci L, Ravazzola M, Amherdt M, Tanigawa G, et al. zeta-COP, a subunit of coatomer, is required for COP-coated vesicle assembly. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:1727-34 pubmed..Unlike other coatomer subunits (beta-, beta'-, gamma-, and epsilon-COP), zeta-COP exists in both coatomer bound and free pools. ..
- Yu W, Lin J, Jin C, Xia B. Solution structure of human zeta-COP: direct evidences for structural similarity between COP I and clathrin-adaptor coats. J Mol Biol. 2009;386:903-12 pubmed publisher..These results provide direct evidence supporting the previous proposal that the COP I F-subcomplex and adaptor protein complexes have similar tertiary and quaternary structures. ..
- Futatsumori M, Kasai K, Takatsu H, Shin H, Nakayama K. Identification and characterization of novel isoforms of COP I subunits. J Biochem. 2000;128:793-801 pubmed..These results indicate that gamma2-COP and zeta2-COP can form a COP I-like complex in place of gamma1-COP and zeta1-COP, respectively, and suggest that the COP I complex and the COP I-like complex are functionally redundant. ..
- Pavel J, Harter C, Wieland F. Reversible dissociation of coatomer: functional characterization of a beta/delta-coat protein subcomplex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2140-5 pubmed..Herein we describe isolation of a subcomplex of coatomer consisting of beta- and delta-COPs that is able to bind to Golgi membranes in an ARF1- and GTP-dependent manner. ..
- Kotov I, Siebring van Olst E, Knobel P, van der Meulen Muileman I, Felley Bosco E, van Beusechem V, et al. Whole genome RNAi screens reveal a critical role of REV3 in coping with replication stress. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:1747-59 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found genes related to RS to be significantly enriched among the top hits of the synthetic sickness/lethality (SSL) screen further corroborating the importance of REV3 for DNA replication under conditions of RS. ..
- Wegmann D, Hess P, Baier C, Wieland F, Reinhard C. Novel isotypic gamma/zeta subunits reveal three coatomer complexes in mammals. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1070-80 pubmed..This existence of three structurally different forms of coatomer will need to be considered in future models of COPI-mediated transport. ..
- Duden R. ER-to-Golgi transport: COP I and COP II function (Review). Mol Membr Biol. 2003;20:197-207 pubmed..Additionally, COP I coat proteins have complex functions in intra-Golgi trafficking and in maintaining the normal structure of the mammalian interphase Golgi complex...
- Anania M, Cetti E, Lecis D, Todoerti K, Gulino A, Mauro G, et al. Targeting COPZ1 non-oncogene addiction counteracts the viability of thyroid tumor cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;410:201-211 pubmed publisher..Among those, we found the coatomer protein complex Î¶1 (COPZ1) gene, which is involved in intracellular traffic, autophagy and lipid homeostasis...
- Faulstich D, Auerbach S, Orci L, Ravazzola M, Wegchingel S, Lottspeich F, et al. Architecture of coatomer: molecular characterization of delta-COP and protein interactions within the complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:53-61 pubmed..We propose that these interactions reflect in vivo associations of those subunits and thus play a functional role in the assembly of coatomer and/or serve to maintain the molecular architecture of the complex. ..
- Kay K, Hamilton C, Le Brun N. Mass spectrometry of B. subtilis CopZ: Cu(i)-binding and interactions with bacillithiol. Metallomics. 2016;8:709-19 pubmed publisherb>CopZ from Bacillus subtilis is a well-studied member of the highly conserved family of Atx1-like copper chaperones...
- Harter C, Wieland F. A single binding site for dilysine retrieval motifs and p23 within the gamma subunit of coatomer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:11649-54 pubmed..We suggest that, under physiological conditions, interaction of coatomer with both endoplasmic reticulum retrieval motifs and the cytoplasmic domain of p23 is mediated by gamma-COP. ..
- Quintana J, Novoa Aponte L, ARGUELLO J. Copper homeostasis networks in the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15691-15704 pubmed publisher..system) and of a putative Cu+-binding periplasmic chaperone and the unusual presence of two cytoplasmic CopZ proteins. Both CopZ chaperones could bind Cu+ with high affinity...
- Li H, Cao L, Yang C, Zhang Z, Zhang B, Deng K. Selective oxidation of benzyl alcohols to benzoic acid catalyzed by eco-friendly cobalt thioporphyrazine catalyst supported on silica-coated magnetic nanospheres. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:84-90 pubmed publisherA novel magnetically recoverable thioporphyrazine catalyst (CoPz(S-Bu)8/SiO2@Fe3O4) was prepared by immobilization of the cobalt octkis(butylthio) porphyrazine complex (CoPz(S-Bu)8) ..
- Moelleken J, Malsam J, Betts M, Movafeghi A, Reckmann I, Meissner I, et al. Differential localization of coatomer complex isoforms within the Golgi apparatus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4425-30 pubmed..These differences suggest distinct functions for coatomer isoforms in a manner similar to clathrin/adaptor vesicles, where different adaptor proteins serve particular transport routes. ..
- Dominguez M, Dejgaard K, Fullekrug J, Dahan S, Fazel A, Paccaud J, et al. gp25L/emp24/p24 protein family members of the cis-Golgi network bind both COP I and II coatomer. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:751-65 pubmed..Surprisingly, upon expression of mutated members, steady-state distribution of unmutated ones shifted as well, presumably as a consequence of their observed oligomeric properties. ..
- Pelham H, Rothman J. The debate about transport in the Golgi--two sides of the same coin?. Cell. 2000;102:713-9 pubmed