Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COPS7A
Description: COP9 signalosome subunit 7A
Alias: CSN7, CSN7A, SGN7a, COP9 signalosome complex subunit 7a, COP9 complex subunit 7a, COP9 constitutive photomorphogenic homolog subunit 7A, JAB1-containing signalosome subunit 7a, dermal papilla-derived protein 10
- Lyapina S, Cope G, Serino G, Tsuge T, Zhou C, Wolf D, et al. Promotion of NEDD-CUL1 conjugate cleavage by COP9 signalosome. Science. 2001;292:1382-5 pubmed
- Neuss H, Huang X, Hetfeld B, Deva R, Henklein P, Nigam S, et al. The ubiquitin- and proteasome-dependent degradation of COX-2 is regulated by the COP9 signalosome and differentially influenced by coxibs. J Mol Med (Berl). 2007;85:961-70 pubmed..Addition of valdecoxib also stimulates COX-2 degradation in HeLa cells. We therefore conclude that valdecoxib specifically interacts with COX-2 and induces a conformation accessible for ubiquitination and degradation. ..
- Füzesi Levi M, Ben Nissan G, Bianchi E, Zhou H, Deery M, Lilley K, et al. Dynamic regulation of the COP9 signalosome in response to DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1066-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the specific spatiotemporal composition of the CSN is highly controlled, enabling the complex to rapidly adapt and respond to DNA damage. ..
- Enchev R, Schreiber A, Beuron F, Morris E. Structural insights into the COP9 signalosome and its common architecture with the 26S proteasome lid and eIF3. Structure. 2010;18:518-27 pubmed publisher..We compare the structure of CSN with its homologous complexes, the 26S proteasome lid and eIF3, and propose a conserved architecture implying similar assembly pathways and/or conserved substrate interaction modes. ..
- Kapelari B, Bech Otschir D, Hegerl R, Schade R, Dumdey R, Dubiel W. Electron microscopy and subunit-subunit interaction studies reveal a first architecture of COP9 signalosome. J Mol Biol. 2000;300:1169-78 pubmed..Although substrate phosphorylation by COP9 signalosome is significantly decreased by lambda protein phosphatase treatment, "autophosphorylation" is increased. ..
- Min K, Kwon M, Park H, Park Y, Yoon S, Yoon J. CAND1 enhances deneddylation of CUL1 by COP9 signalosome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:867-74 pubmed..Our data suggest that enhancement of CSN-mediated deneddylation by CAND1 may contribute to its function as a positive regulator of SCFs in vivo. ..
- Bech Otschir D, Kraft R, Huang X, Henklein P, Kapelari B, Pollmann C, et al. COP9 signalosome-specific phosphorylation targets p53 to degradation by the ubiquitin system. EMBO J. 2001;20:1630-9 pubmed..It induces the cyclin-dependent inhibitor p21. In HeLa and MCF-7 cells, inhibition of CSN kinase by curcumin or Deltap53(145-164) results in accumulation of endogenous p53. ..
- Obuse C, Iwasaki O, Kiyomitsu T, Goshima G, Toyoda Y, Yanagida M. A conserved Mis12 centromere complex is linked to heterochromatic HP1 and outer kinetochore protein Zwint-1. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:1135-41 pubmed..Double HP1 RNAi abolishes kinetochore localization of hMis12 and DC8. Therefore, centromeric HP1 may be the base to anchor the hMis12 core complex that is enriched with coiled coils and extends to outer Zwint-1 during mitosis. ..
- Serino G, Su H, Peng Z, Tsuge T, Wei N, Gu H, et al. Characterization of the last subunit of the Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome: implications for the overall structure and origin of the complex. Plant Cell. 2003;15:719-31 pubmed..Comparative analyses of the subunit interaction of CSN revealed a set of conserved subunit contacts and resulted in a model of CSN subunit topology, some aspects of which were substantiated by in vivo cross-link tests. ..
- Kulaksiz G, Reardon J, Sancar A. Xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group E protein (XPE/DDB2): purification of various complexes of XPE and analyses of their damaged DNA binding and putative DNA repair properties. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9784-92 pubmed
- Wang Y, Devereux W, Stewart T, Casero R. Polyamine-modulated factor 1 binds to the human homologue of the 7a subunit of the Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome: implications in gene expression. Biochem J. 2002;366:79-86 pubmed..Since CSN 7 does not contain a DNA-binding domain, its effects on transcription must occur in conjunction with binding to other proteins. The results presented here demonstrate that PMF-1 and Nrf-2 can act as protein partners of CSN 7. ..
- Hoareau Alves K, Bochard V, Rety S, Jalinot P. Association of the mammalian proto-oncoprotein Int-6 with the three protein complexes eIF3, COP9 signalosome and 26S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2002;527:15-21 pubmed..of Int-6 with Rpt4, CSN3 and CSN6, but also showed that Int-6 is able to bind another subunit of the CSN: CSN7a. Immunoprecipitation experiments performed with the endogenous proteins showed that Int-6 binds the entire CSN, ..
- Huang X, Ordemann J, Muller J, Dubiel W. The COP9 signalosome, cullin 3 and Keap1 supercomplex regulates CHOP stability and adipogenesis. Biol Open. 2012;1:705-10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CHOP stability is controlled by a CSN-CRL3(Keap1) complex, which is crucial for adipogenesis. Our data show that CHOP is a distinguished target for pharmacological intervention of obesity. ..
- Wolf D, Zhou C, Wee S. The COP9 signalosome: an assembly and maintenance platform for cullin ubiquitin ligases?. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:1029-33 pubmed..This apparent paradox can be resolved in a model that proposes CSN-mediated cullin inhibition is a prerequisite for the proper assembly and maintenance of active cullin ubiquitin ligase complexes. ..
- Kotiguda G, Weinberg D, Dessau M, Salvi C, Serino G, Chamovitz D, et al. The organization of a CSN5-containing subcomplex of the COP9 signalosome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42031-41 pubmed publisher..The core of the subcomplex is based on a stable heterotrimeric association of CSN7, CSN4, and CSN6, requiring coexpression in a bacterial reconstitution system...
- Groisman R, Polanowska J, Kuraoka I, Sawada J, Saijo M, Drapkin R, et al. The ubiquitin ligase activity in the DDB2 and CSA complexes is differentially regulated by the COP9 signalosome in response to DNA damage. Cell. 2003;113:357-67 pubmed..Knockdown of CSN with RNA interference leads to defects in NER. These results suggest that the distinct UV response of the DDB2 and CSA complexes is involved in diverse mechanisms of NER. ..
- Orel L, Neumeier H, Hochrainer K, Binder B, Schmid J. Crosstalk between the NF-kappaB activating IKK-complex and the CSN signalosome. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:1555-68 pubmed publisher..Upon activation of cells with tumour necrosis factor-alpha, the CSN complex dissociates from IKK's allowing full and rapid activation of the NF-kappaB pathway by the concerted action of interacting protein complexes. ..
- Sharon M, Mao H, Boeri Erba E, Stephens E, Zheng N, Robinson C. Symmetrical modularity of the COP9 signalosome complex suggests its multifunctionality. Structure. 2009;17:31-40 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the propensity of the CSN complex to change and adapt its subunit composition might underlie its ability to perform multiple functions in vivo. ..
- McCall C, Miliani de Marval P, Chastain P, Jackson S, He Y, Kotake Y, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr-binding protein VprBP, a WD40 protein associated with the DDB1-CUL4 E3 ubiquitin ligase, is essential for DNA replication and embryonic development. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5621-33 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a previously unknown function of VprBP in S-phase progression and suggest the possibility that HIV-1 Vpr may divert an ongoing chromosomal replication activity to facilitate viral replication. ..
- Johnson S, Winner D, Wang X. Ran binding protein 9 interacts with Raf kinase but does not contribute to downstream ERK1/2 activation in skeletal myoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:409-16 pubmed..Knockdown of RanBP9 expression did not restore the differentiation program to Raf-expressing myoblasts. Thus, RanBP9 physically associates with Raf but does not substantially contribute to the inhibitory actions of the kinase...
- Huang X, Ordemann J, Pratschke J, Dubiel W. Overexpression of COP9 signalosome subunits, CSN7A and CSN7B, exerts different effects on adipogenic differentiation. FEBS Open Bio. 2016;6:1102-1112 pubmed..In mammalian cells CSNCSN7A and CSNCSN7B variants are generated by CSN7 isoforms...