Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COPG1
Description: coatomer protein complex subunit gamma 1
Alias: COPG, coatomer subunit gamma-1, coat protein gamma-cop, coatomer protein complex, subunit gamma, coatomer subunit gamma, gamma-1-COP, gamma-1-coat protein, gamma-COP, gamma-coat protein
- Eugster A, Frigerio G, Dale M, Duden R. COP I domains required for coatomer integrity, and novel interactions with ARF and ARF-GAP. EMBO J. 2000;19:3905-17 pubmed..Glo3p also interacts with intact coatomer in vitro. ..
- Paulsson K, Kleijmeer M, Griffith J, Jevon M, Chen S, Anderson P, et al. Association of tapasin and COPI provides a mechanism for the retrograde transport of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I molecules from the Golgi complex to the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18266-71 pubmed..Our data suggest that tapasin is required for the COPI vesicle-mediated retrograde transport of immature MHC class I molecules from the Golgi network to the ER. ..
- Fischer K, Helms J, Zhao L, Wieland F. Site-specific photocrosslinking to probe interactions of Arf1 with proteins involved in budding of COPI vesicles. Methods. 2000;20:455-64 pubmed
- Pan S, Cheng X, Sifers R. Golgi-situated endoplasmic reticulum ?-1, 2-mannosidase contributes to the retrieval of ERAD substrates through a direct interaction with ?-COP. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1111-21 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, a model is proposed in which ERManI and ?-COP contribute to a Golgi-based quality control module that facilitates the retrieval of captured ERAD substrates back to the ER. ..
- Watson P, Frigerio G, Collins B, Duden R, Owen D. Gamma-COP appendage domain - structure and function. Traffic. 2004;5:79-88 pubmed..On the basis of mutations in the yeast homologue of gamma-COP, Sec21p, a second binding site is proposed to exist on the gamma-COP appendage that interacts with the alpha,beta',epsilon COPI subcomplex. ..
- Rohde H, Cheong F, Konrad G, Paiha K, Mayinger P, Boehmelt G. The human phosphatidylinositol phosphatase SAC1 interacts with the coatomer I complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52689-99 pubmed..These results open the possibility that the enzymatic function of hSAC1 provides a switch for accessibility of the COPI interaction motif. ..
- Xu Y, Martin S, James D, Hong W. GS15 forms a SNARE complex with syntaxin 5, GS28, and Ykt6 and is implicated in traffic in the early cisternae of the Golgi apparatus. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3493-507 pubmed
- Futatsumori M, Kasai K, Takatsu H, Shin H, Nakayama K. Identification and characterization of novel isoforms of COP I subunits. J Biochem. 2000;128:793-801 pubmed..These results indicate that gamma2-COP and zeta2-COP can form a COP I-like complex in place of gamma1-COP and zeta1-COP, respectively, and suggest that the COP I complex and the COP I-like complex are functionally redundant. ..
- Pavel J, Harter C, Wieland F. Reversible dissociation of coatomer: functional characterization of a beta/delta-coat protein subcomplex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2140-5 pubmed..Herein we describe isolation of a subcomplex of coatomer consisting of beta- and delta-COPs that is able to bind to Golgi membranes in an ARF1- and GTP-dependent manner. ..
- Kanzaki M, Watson R, Hou J, Stamnes M, Saltiel A, Pessin J. Small GTP-binding protein TC10 differentially regulates two distinct populations of filamentous actin in 3T3L1 adipocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2334-46 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that TC10 can differentially regulate two types of filamentous actin in adipocytes dependent on distinct functional domains and its subcellular compartmentalization. ..
- Lowe M, Kreis T. In vivo assembly of coatomer, the COP-I coat precursor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30725-30 pubmed..These results describe for the first time in vivo assembly of a coat protein complex involved in membrane traffic and extend our knowledge of how coatomer is structured. ..
- Faulstich D, Auerbach S, Orci L, Ravazzola M, Wegchingel S, Lottspeich F, et al. Architecture of coatomer: molecular characterization of delta-COP and protein interactions within the complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:53-61 pubmed..We propose that these interactions reflect in vivo associations of those subunits and thus play a functional role in the assembly of coatomer and/or serve to maintain the molecular architecture of the complex. ..
- Ruíz Masó J, Luengo L, Moreno Córdoba I, Díaz Orejas R, del Solar G. Successful Establishment of Plasmids R1 and pMV158 in a New Host Requires the Relief of the Transcriptional Repression of Their Essential rep Genes. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:2367 pubmed publisher..mobilizable streptococcal plasmid pMV158 encode a transcriptional repressor protein, namely CopB in R1 and CopG in pMV158, involved in replication control...
- Lippincott Schwartz J, Liu W. Insights into COPI coat assembly and function in living cells. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:e1-4 pubmed..Here, we present images and movies characterizing the dynamics of protein components of the COPI coat in living cells. We discuss the self-assembly of these coat components into a molecular machine for sorting and trafficking membranes. ..
- Duangtum N, Junking M, Phadngam S, Sawasdee N, Castiglioni A, Charngkaew K, et al. ?-COPI mediates the retention of kAE1 G701D protein in Golgi apparatus - a mechanistic explanation of distal renal tubular acidosis associated with the G701D mutation. Biochem J. 2017;474:2573-2584 pubmed publisher..Our data unveil the molecular mechanism of Golgi retention of kAE1 G701D and suggest that disruption of the COPI-kAE1 G701D interaction could be a therapeutic strategy to treat dRTA caused by this mutant. ..
- Cukierman E, Huber I, Rotman M, Cassel D. The ARF1 GTPase-activating protein: zinc finger motif and Golgi complex localization. Science. 1995;270:1999-2002 pubmed..Thus, the GAP is likely to be recruited to the Golgi by an ARF1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Bermak J, Li M, Bullock C, Weingarten P, Zhou Q. Interaction of gamma-COP with a transport motif in the D1 receptor C-terminus. Eur J Cell Biol. 2002;81:77-85 pubmed..These results suggest that association between the coatomer complex and hydrophobic residues within the proximal C-terminus of the D1 receptor may serve an important role in receptor transport...
- Hahn Y, Lee Y, Yun J, Yang S, Park C, Mita K, et al. Duplication of genes encoding non-clathrin coat protein gamma-COP in vertebrate, insect and plant evolution. FEBS Lett. 2000;482:31-6 pubmed..mori. Mouse Copg1 showed ubiquitous expression with the highest level in testis...
- Sullivan B, Harrison Lavoie K, Marshansky V, Lin H, Kehrl J, Ausiello D, et al. RGS4 and RGS2 bind coatomer and inhibit COPI association with Golgi membranes and intracellular transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3155-68 pubmed..Thus, these data support the hypothesis that these RGS proteins sequester coatomer in the cytoplasm and inhibit its recruitment onto Golgi membranes, which may in turn modulate Golgi-plasma membrane or intra-Golgi transport. ..
- Schekman R, Orci L. Coat proteins and vesicle budding. Science. 1996;271:1526-33 pubmed..Secretion, which has been viewed as a default pathway, may require sorting and packaging signals on transported molecules to ensure their rapid delivery to the cell surface...