Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COPB2
Description: coatomer protein complex subunit beta 2
Alias: MCPH19, beta'-COP, coatomer subunit beta', beta'-coat protein, betaprime-COP, coatomer binding complex, beta prime subunit, coatomer protein complex subunit beta prime, coatomer protein complex, subunit beta 2 (beta prime), p102
- Kwon D, Park J, Ashok P, Lee U, Lee S. Screening of target genes for RNAi in Tetranychus urticae and RNAi toxicity enhancement by chimeric genes. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;130:1-7 pubmed publisher..Among them, the dsRNA treatment of coatomer I (COPI) genes, such as coatomer subunit epsilon (COPE) and beta 2 (COPB2), resulted in high mortality [median lethal time (LT50)=89.7 and 120.3h, respectively]...
- Li Z, Liu C, Liu Z, Zhu C, Huang Q. Downregulation of COPB2 by RNAi inhibits growth of human cholangiocellular carcinoma cells. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2018;22:985-992 pubmed publisherThe present study aimed to explore the contribution of COPB2 (coatomer subunit beta) towards the tumorigenesis of cholangiocellular carcinomas and to elucidate the underlying mechanism(s)...
- Jamieson C, Mills K, Lui C, Semaan C, Molloy M, Sharma M, et al. Characterization of a beta-catenin nuclear localization defect in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2016;341:196-206 pubmed publisher..We propose that in MCF-7 and perhaps other breast cancer cells, beta-catenin may contribute to cytoplasmic functions such as ER-golgi transport, in addition to its transactivation role in the nucleus. ..
- de Wilde A, Wannee K, Scholte F, Goeman J, Ten Dijke P, Snijder E, et al. A Kinome-Wide Small Interfering RNA Screen Identifies Proviral and Antiviral Host Factors in Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Replication, Including Double-Stranded RNA-Activated Protein Kinase and Early Secretory Pathway Proteins. J Virol. 2015;89:8318-33 pubmed publisher..In cells depleted for the Î²2 subunit of the coatomer protein complex (COPB2), the strongest proviral hit, we observed reduced SARS-CoV protein expression and a >2-log reduction in virus ..
- Harrison Lavoie K, Lewis V, Hynes G, Collison K, Nutland E, Willison K. A 102 kDa subunit of a Golgi-associated particle has homology to beta subunits of trimeric G proteins. EMBO J. 1993;12:2847-53 pubmedWe have identified a 102 kDa protein, p102, which is found on the cytoplasmic face of Golgi membranes, exocytic transport vesicles and in the cytosol...
- Guo Y, Punj V, Sengupta D, Linstedt A. Coat-tether interaction in Golgi organization. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2830-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, Golgi organization depends on mutually interacting domains in betaCOP and p115, suggesting that vesicle tethering at the Golgi involves p115 binding to the COPI coat. ..
- Pavel J, Harter C, Wieland F. Reversible dissociation of coatomer: functional characterization of a beta/delta-coat protein subcomplex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2140-5 pubmed..Herein we describe isolation of a subcomplex of coatomer consisting of beta- and delta-COPs that is able to bind to Golgi membranes in an ARF1- and GTP-dependent manner. ..
- Lowe M, Kreis T. In vivo assembly of coatomer, the COP-I coat precursor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30725-30 pubmed..These results describe for the first time in vivo assembly of a coat protein complex involved in membrane traffic and extend our knowledge of how coatomer is structured. ..
- England K, Ashford D, Kidd D, Rumsby M. PKC epsilon is associated with myosin IIA and actin in fibroblasts. Cell Signal. 2002;14:529-36 pubmed..Inhibitors of PKC and myosin ATPase activity, as well as microfilament-disrupting drugs, all inhibited spreading of fibroblasts after passage, suggesting a role for a PKC epsilon-actin-myosin complex in cell spreading. ..
- Csukai M, Chen C, De Matteis M, Mochly Rosen D. The coatomer protein beta'-COP, a selective binding protein (RACK) for protein kinase Cepsilon. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29200-6 pubmed..A role for PKC in control of secretion has been previously suggested, but this is the first report of direct protein/protein interaction of PKCepsilon with a protein involved in vesicular trafficking. ..
- Lee Y, Kuo H, Chang J, Chang L, Huang L, Chen M, et al. Two new susceptibility loci for Kawasaki disease identified through genome-wide association analysis. Nat Genet. 2012;44:522-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings may lead to a better understanding of the role of immune activation and inflammation in Kawasaki disease pathogenesis. ..
- Mi Y, Sun C, Wei B, Sun F, Guo Y, Hu Q, et al. Coatomer subunit beta 2 (COPB2), identified by label-free quantitative proteomics, regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:473-480 pubmed publisher..Here, we applied this method to identify differentially expressed proteins (such as coatomer subunit beta 2 [COPB2]) and evaluated the functions and molecular mechanisms of these proteins in prostate cancer (PCA) ..
- Lippincott Schwartz J, Liu W. Insights into COPI coat assembly and function in living cells. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:e1-4 pubmed..Here, we present images and movies characterizing the dynamics of protein components of the COPI coat in living cells. We discuss the self-assembly of these coat components into a molecular machine for sorting and trafficking membranes. ..
- Rohde H, Cheong F, Konrad G, Paiha K, Mayinger P, Boehmelt G. The human phosphatidylinositol phosphatase SAC1 interacts with the coatomer I complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52689-99 pubmed..These results open the possibility that the enzymatic function of hSAC1 provides a switch for accessibility of the COPI interaction motif. ..
- Cukierman E, Huber I, Rotman M, Cassel D. The ARF1 GTPase-activating protein: zinc finger motif and Golgi complex localization. Science. 1995;270:1999-2002 pubmed..Thus, the GAP is likely to be recruited to the Golgi by an ARF1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Pelham H, Rothman J. The debate about transport in the Golgi--two sides of the same coin?. Cell. 2000;102:713-9 pubmed
- Gondim M, Wiltzer Bach L, Maurer B, Banning C, Argañaraz E, Schindler M. AP-2 Is the Crucial Clathrin Adaptor Protein for CD4 Downmodulation by HIV-1 Nef in Infected Primary CD4+ T Cells. J Virol. 2015;89:12518-24 pubmed publisher..Altogether, among the factors tested, AP-2 is the most important player for Nef-mediated CD4 downmodulation. ..
- Eugster A, Frigerio G, Dale M, Duden R. COP I domains required for coatomer integrity, and novel interactions with ARF and ARF-GAP. EMBO J. 2000;19:3905-17 pubmed..Glo3p also interacts with intact coatomer in vitro. ..
- Mohrs M, Janssen K, Kreis T, Noegel A, Schleicher M. Cloning and characterization of beta-COP from Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2000;79:350-7 pubmed..However, upon DMSO treatment we observed a reversible disassembly of the Golgi apparatus. In mammalian cells DMSO treatment had a similar effect on beta-COP distribution...
- De Baere E, Speleman F, van Roy N, De Paepe A, Messiaen L. Assignment of the cellular retinol-binding protein 1 gene (RBP1) and of the coatomer beta subunit gene (COPB2) to human chromosome band 3q23 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;82:226-7 pubmed
- Wollscheid H, Biancospino M, He F, Magistrati E, Molteni E, Lupia M, et al. Diverse functions of myosin VI elucidated by an isoform-specific Î±-helix domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:300-308 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Î±2-linker acts like a molecular switch that assigns myosin VI to distinct endocytic (myosin VI(long)) or migratory (myosin VI(short)) functional roles. ..
- Xu Y, Martin S, James D, Hong W. GS15 forms a SNARE complex with syntaxin 5, GS28, and Ykt6 and is implicated in traffic in the early cisternae of the Golgi apparatus. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3493-507 pubmed
- Stenbeck G, Harter C, Brecht A, Herrmann D, Lottspeich F, Orci L, et al. beta'-COP, a novel subunit of coatomer. EMBO J. 1993;12:2841-5 pubmed..This subunit occurs in amounts stoichiometric to the established COPs both in the coatomer and in nonclathrin-coated vesicles and shows homology to the beta-subunits of trimeric G proteins. ..
- Harter C, Wieland F. A single binding site for dilysine retrieval motifs and p23 within the gamma subunit of coatomer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:11649-54 pubmed..We suggest that, under physiological conditions, interaction of coatomer with both endoplasmic reticulum retrieval motifs and the cytoplasmic domain of p23 is mediated by gamma-COP. ..
- Sullivan B, Harrison Lavoie K, Marshansky V, Lin H, Kehrl J, Ausiello D, et al. RGS4 and RGS2 bind coatomer and inhibit COPI association with Golgi membranes and intracellular transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3155-68 pubmed..Thus, these data support the hypothesis that these RGS proteins sequester coatomer in the cytoplasm and inhibit its recruitment onto Golgi membranes, which may in turn modulate Golgi-plasma membrane or intra-Golgi transport. ..
- Wegmann D, Hess P, Baier C, Wieland F, Reinhard C. Novel isotypic gamma/zeta subunits reveal three coatomer complexes in mammals. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1070-80 pubmed..This existence of three structurally different forms of coatomer will need to be considered in future models of COPI-mediated transport. ..
- Kim E, Hwang E, Yarishkin O, Yoo J, Kim D, Park N, et al. Enhancement of TREK1 channel surface expression by protein-protein interaction with beta-COP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:244-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that beta-COP plays a critical role in the forward transport of TREK1 channel to the plasma membrane. ..
- Schekman R, Orci L. Coat proteins and vesicle budding. Science. 1996;271:1526-33 pubmed..Secretion, which has been viewed as a default pathway, may require sorting and packaging signals on transported molecules to ensure their rapid delivery to the cell surface...
- Mi Y, Yu M, Zhang L, Sun C, Wei B, Ding W, et al. COPB2 Is Upregulated in Prostate Cancer and Regulates PC-3 Cell Proliferation, Cell Cycle, and Apoptosis. Arch Med Res. 2016;47:411-418 pubmed publisher..The present study focused on the function of coatomer protein complex subunit ? 2 (COPB2), one of seven proteins in COPI, in prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Distasio A, Driver A, Sund K, Donlin M, Muraleedharan R, Pooya S, et al. Copb2 is essential for embryogenesis and hypomorphic mutations cause human microcephaly. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:4836-4848 pubmed publisher..to an amino acid substitution in a WD40 domain of the highly conserved Coatomer Protein Complex, Subunit Beta 2 (COPB2)...
- Lowe M, Kreis T. In vitro assembly and disassembly of coatomer. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:31364-71 pubmed..These results provide the first insights into how the coatomer is structured. ..
- Zhang T, Hong W. Ykt6 forms a SNARE complex with syntaxin 5, GS28, and Bet1 and participates in a late stage in endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi transport. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27480-7 pubmed..It is concluded that Ykt6 functions in a late step of ER-Golgi transport, and this role may be important for the integrity of the Golgi complex. ..