Genomes and Genes
connexin 31 9
Gene Symbol: connexin 31 9
Description: gap junction protein, delta 3, 31.9kDa
Alias: CX31.9, Cx30.2, GJA11, GJC1, connexin 31.9, connexin-31.9, gap junction alpha-11 protein, gap junction chi-1 protein, gap junction delta-3 protein
- Connexin 36, a key element in pancreatic beta cell functionE Martha Pérez-Armendariz
Unidad de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Torre de Investigación 5to piso, Avenida Universidad 3000, Circuito Interior, Ciudad Universitaria, UNAM, Mexico D F 04510, Mexico Hospital General de México, Hospital General de México Unidad de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, UNAM, Dr Balmis 148, Colonia Doctores, Delegación Cuahutémoc, CP 06726 Ciudad de México, Mexico Departamento of Biología Celular yTisular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Avenida Universidad 3000, Circuito Interior, Ciudad Universitaria, UNAM, Mexico D F 04510, Mexico Electronic address
Neuropharmacology 75:557-66. 2013..This article is part of the Special Issue Section entitled 'Current Pharmacology of Gap Junction Channels and Hemichannels'. ..
- Connexin-mediated cardiac impulse propagation: connexin 30.2 slows atrioventricular conduction in mouse heartMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Trends Cardiovasc Med 16:266-72. 2006..2 on junctional conductance via formation of low-conductance homotypic and heterotypic GJ channels, and (2) open Cx30.2 hemichannels in non-junctional membranes, which shorten the space constant and depolarize the excitable membrane...
- Connexin45 provides optimal atrioventricular nodal conduction in the adult mouse heartMarina Frank
LIMES Institute, Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Circ Res 111:1528-38. 2012..The function of Cx45 in the adult mouse has not yet been cleared...
- Mechanism of two novel human GJC3 missense mutations in causing non-syndromic hearing lossChing Chyuan Su
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tian Sheng Memorial Hospital, Tong Kang, Pin Tong, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Biochem Biophys 66:277-86. 2013..2/CX31.3 protein, possibly causing hearing loss. Results of this study provide a novel molecular explanation for the role of GJC3 in hearing loss...
- Cardiac connexins: genes to nexusHeather S Duffy
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Adv Cardiol 42:1-17. 2006..Binding sites may either correspond to structured regions within the connexin molecules or be unstructured, leading to presumably low-affinity and dynamic interactions...
- High glucose-induced downregulation of connexin 30.2 promotes retinal vascular lesions: implications for diabetic retinopathyJulia Manasson
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:2361-6. 2013..2 (Cx30.2) and influences gap junction intercellular communication (GJIC) in retinal endothelial cells and promotes vascular lesions characteristic of diabetic retinopathy (DR)...
- Expression profiles of the novel human connexin genes hCx30.2, hCx40.1, and hCx62 differ from their putative mouse orthologuesGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:27-36. 2003..Thus, several of the new human connexin genes appear to have evolved to different expression patterns and presumably to different functions compared to their orthologues in the mouse genome. (121)..
- Embryonic stem cell-derived CD166+ precursors develop into fully functional sinoatrial-like cellsAngela Scavone
Department of Biosciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Circ Res 113:389-98. 2013..So far, such selection has been hampered by the lack of proper markers. CD166 is specifically but transiently expressed in the mouse heart tube and sinus venosus, the prospective SAN...
- Connexin 30.2 is expressed in mouse pancreatic beta cellsC Coronel-Cruz
Unidad de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF 04510, Mexico
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:772-7. 2013..2 mRNA was found in islets preparations incubated for 24h in 22mM as compared with 3.3mM glucose. Therefore, it is concluded that Cx30.2 is expressed in beta and vascular endothelial cells of mouse pancreatic islets. ..
- Genetic isolation of stem cell-derived pacemaker-nodal cardiac myocytesSherin I Hashem
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA, 70112, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 383:161-71. 2013..We have isolated pure populations of SAN and AVN cells that will be useful tools for generating biological pacemakers...
- Defective Tbx2-dependent patterning of the atrioventricular canal myocardium causes accessory pathway formation in miceWim T J Aanhaanen
Heart Failure Research Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 121:534-44. 2011..Our results suggest that malformation of the annulus fibrosus and preexcitation arise from the disturbed development of the atrioventricular myocardium...
- Notch signaling regulates murine atrioventricular conduction and the formation of accessory pathwaysStacey Rentschler
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 121:525-33. 2011..Our results also show that ventricular preexcitation can arise from inappropriate patterning of the AV canal-derived myocardium...
- DNA methylation analyses of the connexin gene family reveal silencing of GJC1 (Connexin45) by promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancerSolveig Sirnes
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Radiumhospitalet Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Epigenetics 6:602-9. 2011..Expression of six (GJA1, GJA9, GJB1, GJB2, GJC1 and GJD3) connexin genes was detected in normal colonic tissue samples...
- Human connexin30.2/31.3 (GJC3) does not form functional gap junction channels but causes enhanced ATP release in HeLa cellsWei Guang Liang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cell Biochem Biophys 61:189-97. 2011..2/CX31.3. Based on these findings, we suggest that CX30.2/CX31.3 shares functional properties with pannexin (hemi) channels rather than gap junction channels of other CXs...
- Novel candidate colorectal cancer biomarkers identified by methylation microarray-based scanningYuriko Mori
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:465-78. 2011..GLP1R), BTG4, homer homolog 2 (HOMER2), zinc finger protein 583 (ZNF583), and gap junction protein, gamma 1 (GJC1)...
- Quantitative validation of GJC1 promoter hypermethylation in benign and malignant colorectal tumorsDeeqa Ahmed
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, PO Box 4953 Nydalen, NO 0424 Oslo, Norway
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:C31-4. 2011We have previously shown that the gap junction protein γ 1 (GJC1) gene, encoding the connexin-45 protein, is inactivated by promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancer...
- Delayed osteoblastic differentiation and bone development in Cx43 knockout miceLucas Martins Chaible
Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Toxicol Pathol 39:1046-55. 2011..of markers associated with bone development, namely, osteocalcin, osteopontin, alkaline phosphatase, RUNX2, GJA1, GJC1 (Cx45), and GJA3 (Cx46)...
- Expression and modulation of connexin 30.2, a novel gap junction protein in the mouse retinaLuis Pérez de Sevilla Müller
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Vis Neurosci 27:91-101. 2010..Our data provide evidence that coupling of RG A1 cells to displaced amacrine cells is mediated by Cx30.2 and that the extent of this coupling is modulated by protein kinase C...
- Novel anti-cancer compounds: structure-based discovery of chemical chaperons for p53Yumiko Okuda
Division of Prion Research, Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:739-44. 2009..Simply based on the docking energy, we extracted 70 compounds (GJC1-GJC70) and examined their anti-cancer activity using the MTT assay of the human colon cancer cells, HCT116...
- Cx30.2 enhancer analysis identifies Gata4 as a novel regulator of atrioventricular delayNikhil V Munshi
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Development 136:2665-74. 2009..Thus, our results implicate Gata4 in conduction system function and provide a clearer understanding of the transcriptional pathways that impact normal AV delay...
- Molecular cloning, functional expression, and tissue distribution of a novel human gap junction-forming protein, connexin-31.9. Interaction with zona occludens protein-1Peter A Nielsen
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38272-83. 2002A novel human connexin gene (GJA11) was cloned from a genomic library. The open reading frame encoded a hypothetical protein of 294 amino acid residues with a predicted molecular mass of 31,933, hence referred to as connexin-31.9 (Cx31...
- Virtual cloning, functional expression, and gating analysis of human connexin31.9Thomas W White
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 8661, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C960-70. 2002..Thus Cx31.9 is a novel human connexin that forms channels with unique functional properties...
- Differences in expression patterns between mouse connexin-30.2 (Cx30.2) and its putative human orthologue, connexin-31.9Peter A Nielsen
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
FEBS Lett 540:151-6. 2003..2 (Cx30.2) contains 278 amino acid residues, and is 79% identical to human Cx31.9 (GJA11). Northern analysis showed that Cx30.2 is ubiquitously expressed, most prominently in testis...
- Connexin30.2 containing gap junction channels decelerate impulse propagation through the atrioventricular nodeMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Romerstrasse 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5959-64. 2006..g., atrial fibrillation) by preventing rapid conduction to the ventricles potentially associated with hemodynamic deterioration...
- Connexins in the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodesM R Boyett
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Adv Cardiol 42:175-97. 2006..In the AVN, there is a similar pattern of expression of connexins as in the center of the SAN and this is likely to be in large part responsible for the slow conduction of the action potential...
- Properties of mouse connexin 30.2 and human connexin 31.9 hemichannels: implications for atrioventricular conduction in the heartFeliksas F Bukauskas
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9726-31. 2006..Hemichannels formed of mCx30.2 and hCx31.9 may slow propagation of excitation in the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes by shortening the space constant and depolarizing the excitable membrane...
- Tissue-specific effects of wild-type and mutant connexin 31: a role in neurite outgrowthHarriet C Unsworth
Centre for Cutaneous Research, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, Whitechapel, E1 4AT, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:165-72. 2007..In addition to indicating a potential disease mechanism for the neuropathy/deafness mutation, this work demonstrates a tissue-specific function for Cx31...
- Expression of connexin30.2 in interneurons of the central nervous system in the mouseMaria M Kreuzberg
Institute of Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:119-34. 2008..This suggests that the lack of Cx30.2 in interneurons can be largely compensated by other connexins, most likely Cx36...
- Cx30.2 can form heteromeric gap junction channels with other cardiac connexinsJoanna Gemel
University of Chicago, Department of Pediatrics MC 4060, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:388-94. 2008..Our data suggest that connexin30.2 can form heteromers with the other cardiac connexins and that mixed channel formation will influence the gating properties of gap junctions in cardiac regions that co-express these connexins...
- [Connexins and junctional channels. Roles in the spreading of cardiac electrical excitation and heart development]J C Herve
Institut de physiologie et de biologie cellulaire, UMR 6187, CNRS Université de Poitiers, 40, avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 56:334-41. 2008..These observations enable to better understand the relationships between alteration in Cx expression or gap junction remodelling and arrhythmias in the human heart...
- The genomic profile of HER2-amplified breast cancers: the influence of ER statusC Marchio
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, SW3 6JB, UK
J Pathol 216:399-407. 2008..2 and encompassed GJC1, IGFBP4, TNS4, and TOP2A...
- Human connexin31.9, unlike its orthologous protein connexin30.2 in the mouse, is not detectable in the human cardiac conduction systemMaria M Kreuzberg
Institute of Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:553-9. 2009..9 protein, unlike its counterpart in the mouse, is not expressed in detectable quantities and is thus unlikely to contribute to the impulse generation and conduction system or the working myocardium of the human heart...
- Normal impulse propagation in the atrioventricular conduction system of Cx30.2/Cx40 double deficient miceJan W Schrickel
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:644-52. 2009..We suggest that Cx30.2 and Cx40 act as counterparts in the AV-node and His-bundle, decreasing or increasing, respectively, electrical coupling and conduction velocity in these areas...
- Identification and functional expression of HCx31.9, a novel gap junction geneN Belluardo
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
Cell Commun Adhes 8:173-8. 2001..2 in mouse cerebral cortex, liver and lung. Moreover, preliminary data on the electrophysiological properties of HCx31.9 have been obtained by functional expression in paired Xenopus oocytes and in transfected N2A cells...
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND IONIC CURRENTS IN DEVELOPING HEARTJenny J Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These combined experimental approaches will identify new molecular targets on the connexin proteins for the possible pharmacological modulation of cardiac electrical communication by new therapeutic agents. ..
- Biophysics of CNS ConnexinsVYTAUTAS VERSELIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Connexins and Heart FunctionFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2009..2 hemichannels are functional in cardiomyocytes and whether they contribute to slow propagation of excitation in the AV node and protection of ventricles from over excitation during atrial tachyarrhythmia. ..
- Connexins and Heart FunctionFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 hemichannels are functional in cardiomyocytes and whether they contribute to slow propagation of excitation in the AV node and protection of ventricles from over excitation during atrial tachyarrhythmia. ..
- Connexins and Heart FunctionFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2007..2 hemichannels are functional in cardiomyocytes and whether they contribute to slow propagation of excitation in the AV node and protection of ventricles from over excitation during atrial tachyarrhythmia. ..
- Gap Junction Channels Formation and GatingFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abnormalities in GJ channels play a key role in generating cardiac arrhythmias, uterine malfunction, epileptic seizures and malignant cell growth. ..
- GAP JUNCTION CHANNEL FORMATION AND GATINGFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2002..Human genetic disorders that have been linked to Cx dysfunction include C-linked CMT disease, visceroatrial heterotaxia and sensorineural deafness. ..
- Gating of Connexin-Based Gap Junction Channels and HemichannelsFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study of these mechanisms will help to identify new therapeutic approaches to treat ischemia and other diseases during which changes in pH take place and typically increase the severity of the pathological process. ..