Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: coilin
Alias: CLN80, p80-coilin, coilin, coilin p80, p80
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Broome H, Hebert M. In vitro RNase and nucleic acid binding activities implicate coilin in U snRNA processing. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36300 pubmed publisherb>Coilin is known as the marker protein for Cajal bodies (CBs), subnuclear domains important for the biogenesis of small nuclear ribonucleoproteins (snRNPs) which function in pre-mRNA splicing...
- Cioce M, Boulon S, Matera A, Lamond A. UV-induced fragmentation of Cajal bodies. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:401-13 pubmed..The presence of PA28gamma in coilin-containing complexes is increased by UV-C...
- Whittom A, Xu H, Hebert M. Coilin levels and modifications influence artificial reporter splicing. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:1256-71 pubmed publisher..The marker protein for CBs is coilin. In addition to snRNPs, coilin and other factors, canonical CBs contain the survivor of motor neuron protein (SMN)...
- Andrade L, Chan E, Raska I, Peebles C, Roos G, Tan E. Human autoantibody to a novel protein of the nuclear coiled body: immunological characterization and cDNA cloning of p80-coilin. J Exp Med. 1991;173:1407-19 pubmed..of a protein that appears to have particular identification with the coiled body, and it was designated p80-coilin. Autoantibody to p80-coilin may be useful for the elucidation of the structure and function of the coiled body, ..
- Lemm I, Girard C, Kuhn A, Watkins N, Schneider M, Bordonné R, et al. Ongoing U snRNP biogenesis is required for the integrity of Cajal bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3221-31 pubmed..Here, we have investigated the distribution of the CB marker protein coilin, U snRNPs, and proteins present in C/D box small nucleolar (sno)RNPs in cells depleted of hTGS1, SMN, or PHAX...
- Velma V, Carrero Z, Cosman A, Hebert M. Coilin interacts with Ku proteins and inhibits in vitro non-homologous DNA end joining. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4735-9 pubmed publisherb>Coilin is a nuclear protein that plays a role in Cajal body formation. The function of nucleoplasmic coilin is unknown. Here we report that coilin interacts with Ku70 and Ku80, which are major players in the DNA repair process...
- Hebert M, Szymczyk P, Shpargel K, Matera A. Coilin forms the bridge between Cajal bodies and SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy protein. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2720-9 pubmed..Here, we report that SMN interacts directly with the Cajal body signature protein, coilin, and that this interaction mediates recruitment of the SMN complex to Cajal bodies...
- Toyota C, Davis M, Cosman A, Hebert M. Coilin phosphorylation mediates interaction with SMN and SmB'. Chromosoma. 2010;119:205-15 pubmed publisher..The CB marker protein, coilin, interacts with survival of motor neuron (SMN) and Sm proteins...
- Tapia O, Bengoechea R, Berciano M, Lafarga M. Nucleolar targeting of coilin is regulated by its hypomethylation state. Chromosoma. 2010;119:527-40 pubmed publisherb>Coilin, a molecular marker for Cajal bodies (CBs), is a phosphoprotein that contains a cryptic nucleolar localization signal and multiple interacting domains, such as the RG-box...
- Shanbhag R, Kurabi A, Kwan J, Donaldson L. Solution structure of the carboxy-terminal Tudor domain from human Coilin. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4351-6 pubmed publisher..One of the most critical components of the Cajal body is the scaffolding protein, Coilin. Here, we demonstrate by NMR methods that the carboxy-terminal region contains a Tudor domain...
- Carrero Z, Velma V, Douglas H, Hebert M. Coilin phosphomutants disrupt Cajal body formation, reduce cell proliferation and produce a distinct coilin degradation product. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25743 pubmed publisherb>Coilin is a nuclear phosphoprotein that accumulates in Cajal bodies (CBs)...
- Carmo Fonseca M, Ferreira J, Lamond A. Assembly of snRNP-containing coiled bodies is regulated in interphase and mitosis--evidence that the coiled body is a kinetic nuclear structure. J Cell Biol. 1993;120:841-52 pubmed..The coiled body antigen, p80 coilin, was present in all cell types studied, even when CBs were not prominent...
- Mahmoudi S, Henriksson S, Weibrecht I, Smith S, Söderberg O, Stromblad S, et al. WRAP53 is essential for Cajal body formation and for targeting the survival of motor neuron complex to Cajal bodies. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000521 pubmed publisher..By immunoprecipitation we find that WRAP53 associates with the Cajal body marker coilin, the splicing regulatory protein SMN, and the nuclear import receptor importin?, and that WRAP53 is essential for ..
- Gilder A, Do P, Carrero Z, Cosman A, Broome H, Velma V, et al. Coilin participates in the suppression of RNA polymerase I in response to cisplatin-induced DNA damage. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1070-9 pubmed publisherb>Coilin is a nuclear phosphoprotein that concentrates within Cajal bodies (CBs) and impacts small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (snRNP) biogenesis...
- Hebert M, Matera A. Self-association of coilin reveals a common theme in nuclear body localization. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4159-71 pubmedWe have found that coilin, the marker protein for Cajal bodies (coiled bodies, CBs), is a self-interacting protein, and we have mapped the domain responsible for this activity to the amino-terminus...
- Schulz S, Chachami G, Kozaczkiewicz L, Winter U, Stankovic Valentin N, Haas P, et al. Ubiquitin-specific protease-like 1 (USPL1) is a SUMO isopeptidase with essential, non-catalytic functions. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:930-8 pubmed publisher..USPL1 is a low-abundance protein that colocalizes with coilin in Cajal bodies...
- Ozel Demiralp D, Haznedaroglu I, Akar N. Functional proteomic analysis of Ankaferd® Blood Stopper. Turk J Haematol. 2010;27:70-7 pubmed publisher..SONUÇ: Proteomik analizler sonucu elde edilen proteinler Ankaferdin hemostatik, yara iyile?tirme ve anti-inflamatuvar etkilerinin ara?t?r?lmas?na ???k tutacak ve aç?klay?c? olacak niteliktedir. ..
- Chen H, Zhao J, Li Y, He L, Huang Y, Shu W, et al. Gene expression network regulated by DNA methylation and microRNA during microcystin-leucine arginine induced malignant transformation in human hepatocyte L02 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2018;289:42-53 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that characteristic gene alterations regulated by DNA methylation and miRNA could play an important role in environmental MC-LR induced hepatic carcinogenesis. ..
- Lauterbach E. Psychotropic drug effects on gene transcriptomics relevant to Parkinson's disease. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2012;38:107-15 pubmed publisher..Limitations of these findings and a research agenda to better relate them to the nigrostriatum and PD are discussed. ..
- Dai C, Lehar M, Sun D, Rvt L, Carey J, MacLachlan T, et al. Rhesus Cochlear and Vestibular Functions Are Preserved After Inner Ear Injection of Saline Volume Sufficient for Gene Therapy Delivery. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2017;18:601-617 pubmed publisher..7 and 191.1 ± 4.7 ?L. These results indicate that injection of PBSV at volumes sufficient for gene therapy delivery can be accomplished without destruction of inner ear structures required for hearing and vestibular sensation. ..
- Arora N, Shah K, Pandey Rai S. Inhibition of imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like dermatitis in mice by herbal extracts from some Indian medicinal plants. Protoplasma. 2016;253:503-15 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that these plants can prove to have tremendous preventive potential against the disease and can open the way to new therapeutic strategies for psoriasis treatment. ..
- Umasuthan N, Bathige S, Revathy K, Nam B, Choi C, Lee J. Molecular genomic- and transcriptional-aspects of a teleost TRAF6 homolog: Possible involvement in immune responses of Oplegnathus fasciatus against pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;42:66-78 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings implicate that OfTRAF6 is not only involved in flagellin-induced signaling cascade, but also contributes to the antibacterial- and antiviral-responses. ..
- Saad M, Rastanawi A, El Yamany M. Alogliptin abates memory injuries of hepatic encephalopathy induced by acute paracetamol intoxication via switching-off autophagy-related apoptosis. Life Sci. 2018;215:11-21 pubmed publisher..ALO and SIL elicited anti-apoptotic, anti-inflammatory and autophagic effects on paracetamol-damaged liver cells and improved memory impairments of HE. ..
- Hirakawa T, Nasu K, Abe W, Aoyagi Y, Okamoto M, Kai K, et al. miR-503, a microRNA epigenetically repressed in endometriosis, induces apoptosis and cell-cycle arrest and inhibits cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and contractility of human ovarian endometriotic stromal cells. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:2587-2597 pubmed..13237327 to K.N., no. 26861335 to K.K. and no. 23592407 to H.N.) and the Kanzawa Medical Research Foundation (to K.K.). There are no conflicts of interest to declare. ..
- Giet R, McLean D, Descamps S, Lee M, Raff J, Prigent C, et al. Drosophila Aurora A kinase is required to localize D-TACC to centrosomes and to regulate astral microtubules. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:437-51 pubmed
- Wei W, Wu Z, Huang M, Hsu C, Liu Y, Zhang X, et al. Discovery of hierarchical superstructures in block copolymers by integrating different liquid crystalline interactions. Soft Matter. 2017;13:2583-2589 pubmed publisher..The collective interplay of the S and N interactions with nano-phase separation induces the formation of the final complex yet equilibrium structures, providing unprecedented opportunities towards exquisite structural diversity. ..
- Masini J. Separation of proteins by cation-exchange sequential injection chromatography using a polymeric monolithic column. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:1445-52 pubmed publisher..The elution order was consistent with a cation-exchange mechanism as the retention increased with the isoelectric points. ..
- Lesne E, Krammer E, Dupre E, Locht C, Lensink M, Antoine R, et al. Balance between Coiled-Coil Stability and Dynamics Regulates Activity of BvgS Sensor Kinase in Bordetella. MBio. 2016;7:e02089 pubmed publisher..This switch region is conserved among BvgS homologs, and thus, the regulation uncovered here will likely be relevant for the family. ..
- Kilic V, Unal E, Demir H. Wireless Metal Detection and Surface Coverage Sensing for All-Surface Induction Heating. Sensors (Basel). 2016;16: pubmed publisher..Additionally, using the magnitude and phase information extracted from the coupled coil impedance, unique identification of the vessel effective material is also achievable, this time independent of its surface coverage. ..
- Hirst J, Lui W, Bright N, Totty N, Seaman M, Robinson M. A family of proteins with gamma-adaptin and VHS domains that facilitate trafficking between the trans-Golgi network and the vacuole/lysosome. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:67-80 pubmed..These results indicate that the function of the GGAs is to facilitate the trafficking of proteins between the TGN and the vacuole, or its mammalian equivalent, the lysosome. ..
- Sing M, Glassman M, Vronay Ruggles X, Burghardt W, Olsen B. Structure and rheology of dual-associative protein hydrogels under nonlinear shear flow. Soft Matter. 2017;13:8511-8524 pubmed publisher..Upon cessation of flow, gel recovery is characterized by a concentration-dependent restoration of the micellar network over time, with two timescales observed that correspond to two different length scales of network relaxation...
- Kutz A, Mariani G, Schweins R, Streb C, Gröhn F. Self-assembled polyoxometalate-dendrimer structures for selective photocatalysis. Nanoscale. 2018;10:914-920 pubmed publisher..The assemblies show high potential for the application in solar-energy conversion systems due to their enhanced and substrate specific photocatalytic activity. ..
- Etienne H, Touma J, Becquemin J. Unusual Acute Onset of Abdominal Aortic Endograft Infection by Propionibacterium acnes after Coil Embolization for Type II Endoleak. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;35:204.e9-204.e11 pubmed publisher..acnes was responsible for acute onset of postoperative infection with extensive life-threatening damages necessitating multiple interventions associated with long-term antibiotherapy. ..
- Holmes R, Kirk S, Tronci G, Yang X, Wood D. Influence of telopeptides on the structural and physical properties of polymeric and monomeric acid-soluble type I collagen. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;77:823-827 pubmed publisher..66% for both polymeric and polymeric atelo collagen; tyrosine was used as the marker for telopeptide cleavage, was expressed as 0.526% of the content of polymeric collagen and the partially-reduced content of 0.39% for atelocollagen. ..
- Kabutoya T, Imai Y, Watanabe H, Watanabe T, Komori T, Kario K. A Case of Useful Short-Spaced Bipolar Pacing of a Left Ventricular Lead to Avoid Phrenic Nerve Stimulation. Int Heart J. 2016;57:118-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, short-spaced bipolar pacing selected by quadripolar pacing might be beneficial to avoid PNS when the implantable branch is limited. ..
- Harter M, Liu C, Shen C, Gonzalez Hurtado E, Zhang Z, Xu M, et al. BS69/ZMYND11 C-Terminal Domains Bind and Inhibit EBNA2. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005414 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the BS69 C-terminal domains as an inhibitor of EBNA2, which may have important implications in development of novel therapeutic strategies against EBV infection. ..
- Samoudi A, Vermeeren G, Tanghe E, Van Holen R, Martens L, Josephs W. Numerically simulated exposure of children and adults to pulsed gradient fields in MRI. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;44:1360-1367 pubmed publisher..2S m-1 ). The y-gradient coil induced the largest fields in the patients. The highest levels of internal electric fields occurred for the adult male model. J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 2016;44:1360-1367. ..
- Tercan F, Kocyigit A, Guney B. Combined Endovascular Treatment with Distal Radial Artery Coil Embolization and Angioplasty in Steal Syndrome Associated with Forearm Dialysis Fistula. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2016;39:1266-71 pubmed publisher..In palmar arch steal syndrome affecting forearm fistulae, combined distal radial embolization and angioplasty is also an effective treatment method in the presence of proximal radial and ulnar arterial stenoses and occlusions. ..
- Ohki M, Sato Tomita A, Matsunaga S, Iseki M, Tame J, Shibayama N, et al. Molecular mechanism of photoactivation of a light-regulated adenylate cyclase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:8562-8567 pubmed publisher..The OaPAC models will assist the development of simple, direct means to raise the cyclic AMP levels of living cells by light, and other tools for optogenetics. ..
- Guo L, Jin J, Liu C, Liu F, Crozier S. An Efficient Integral-based Method for Three-dimensional MR-EPT and the Calculation of the RF-Coil Induced Field. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The proposed method is verified through a full-wave simulation and an anatomically accurate numerical brain model, demonstrating its accuracy and efficiency...
- Hirsova P, Ibrahim S, Krishnan A, Verma V, Bronk S, Werneburg N, et al. Lipid-Induced Signaling Causes Release of Inflammatory Extracellular Vesicles From Hepatocytes. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:956-67 pubmed publisher..Strategies to inhibit ROCK1-dependent release of EVs by hepatocytes might be developed for the treatment of patients with NASH. ..
- Daruwalla V, Syed F, Elmokadem A, Hurley M, Shaibani A, Ansari S. Large basilar perforator pseudoaneurysm: A case report. Interv Neuroradiol. 2016;22:662-665 pubmed..Conservative medical management remains the main stay of treatment for such poor surgical candidates. ..
- Baltacıoğlu H, Bayindirli A, Severcan F. Secondary structure and conformational change of mushroom polyphenol oxidase during thermosonication treatment by using FTIR spectroscopy. Food Chem. 2017;214:507-514 pubmed publisher..When temperature was lowered back to 25°C, from ultrasound treatment at 60°C, these bands were still observed, indicating the irreversible change in the structure. ..
- Kayssi A, Oreopoulos G, Tan K, Jaskolka J. Combined Coil Embolization and Foam Sclerotherapy for the Management of Varicose Veins. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017;38:293-297 pubmed publisher..Coil embolization and foam sclerotherapy are a novel and effective treatment for VVs that uses existing and readily available angiographic equipment. ..
- Bhattacharyya P, Mullin J, Lee B, González Martínez J, Jones S. Safety of externally stimulated intracranial electrodes during functional MRI at 1.5T. Magn Reson Imaging. 2017;38:182-188 pubmed publisher..Localizer, FLASH, and GE-EPI fMRI may be safely performed in patients with a single SEEG electrode following the configurations tested in this study, but high SAR TSE scans should not be performed in these patients. ..
- Tio M, Wen R, Lim Y, Zukifli Z, Xie S, Ho P, et al. Varied pathological and therapeutic response effects associated with CHCHD2 mutant and risk variants. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:978-987 pubmed publisher..There was a difference in the pathological and drug response effects between the pathogenic and the risk variants. Ebselen may be a useful neuroprotective drug for carriers of CHCHD2 mutations. ..
- Hirve N, Rajanikanth V, Hogan P, Gudlur A. Coiled-Coil Formation Conveys a STIM1 Signal from ER Lumen to Cytoplasm. Cell Rep. 2018;22:72-83 pubmed publisher..This intradimer rearrangement overcomes the relatively weak CC1-SOAR/CAD interactions that hold STIM in an inactive conformation, releasing the SOAR/CAD domain to activate ORAI channels. ..
- Chen L, Chuang M, Koorman T, Boxem M, Jin Y, Chisholm A. Axon injury triggers EFA-6 mediated destabilization of axonal microtubules via TACC and doublecortin like kinase. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..We propose that EFA-6 acts as a bifunctional injury-responsive regulator of axonal MT dynamics, acting at the cell cortex in the steady state and at MT minus ends after injury. ..
- Suh S, Le A, Clark R, Demer J. Rectus Pulley Displacements without Abnormal Oblique Contractility Explain Strabismus in Superior Oblique Palsy. Ophthalmology. 2016;123:1222-31 pubmed publisher..Ocular torsion does not correlate with and thus cannot account for pulley displacements in SO palsy. ..
- Cho A, Kato M, Whitwam T, Kim J, Montell D. An Atypical Tropomyosin in Drosophila with Intermediate Filament-like Properties. Cell Rep. 2016;16:928-938 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flies have evolved a distinctive type of cytoskeletal filament from Tm. ..
- Maller J, Thomson R, Ng A, Mann C, Eager M, Ackland H, et al. Brain morphometry in blind and sighted subjects. J Clin Neurosci. 2016;33:89-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, in our patients, blindness resulted in brain volumetric differences that depend upon duration of blindness. ..
- Salajeghe S, Babyn P, Sarty G. Composite pulses for RF phase encoded MRI: A simulation study. Magn Reson Imaging. 2017;36:40-48 pubmed publisher..This is contrary to the conclusion that antisymmetric composite pulses are the best ones to use for spin echo sequences in conventional, B0 encoded, MRI. ..
- Li X, Li F, Liu J, Wang Y, Fu W. [Effect of antepartum taurine supplementation in regulating the activity of Rho family factors and promoting the proliferation of neural stem cells in neonatal rats with fetal growth restriction]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2016;18:1158-1165 pubmed..05). Antepartum taurine supplementation can promote the proliferation of neural stem cells in rats with FGR, and its mechanism may be related to the regulation of the activity of Rho family factors. ..
- Labbé P, Faure E, Lecointe S, Le Scouarnec S, Kyndt F, Marrec M, et al. The alternatively spliced LRRFIP1 Isoform-1 is a key regulator of the Wnt/?-catenin transcription pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1142-1152 pubmed publisher..Together our study identified LRRFIP1-Iso1 as a critical regulator of the Wnt canonical pathway with a potential role in myocyte differentiation and myogenesis. ..
- Li K, Guo Y, Zhao Y, Xu B, Xu K, Yu J. Acute rerupture after coil embolization of ruptured intracranial saccular aneurysms: A literature review. Interv Neuroradiol. 2017;:1591019917747245 pubmed publisher..However, surgical or endovascular treatments can be attempted if the patient is in an acceptable condition. Even so, the outcomes are typically unsatisfactory...
- Chen Y, Deng Z, Jiang S, Hu Q, Liu H, Songyang Z, et al. Human cells lacking coilin and Cajal bodies are proficient in telomerase assembly, trafficking and telomere maintenance. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:385-95 pubmed publisher..Here, the role of Cajal bodies was examined in Human cells deficient of coilin (i.e. coilin-knockout (KO) cells), in which no Cajal bodies are detected...
- Moreno C, Sullivan P, Mittal P. MRI Evaluation of Rectal Cancer: Staging and Restaging. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2017;46:234-241 pubmed publisher..The addition of diffusion-weighted images to T2-weighted images improves the accuracy of restaging examinations for determination of complete pathologic responders. ..
- Crooks R, Lathbridge A, Panek A, Mason J. Computational Prediction and Design for Creating Iteratively Larger Heterospecific Coiled Coil Sets. Biochemistry. 2017;56:1573-1584 pubmed publisher..Coupled with increased prediction accuracy and speed, the approach can be applied to a wide range of downstream chemical and synthetic biology applications, in addition more generally to impose specificity on structurally unrelated PPIs...
- Cocca C, Weisse C, Berent A, Rosen R. Minimally invasive treatment of mesenteric arterioportal fistulas in two dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2017;251:1306-1312 pubmed publisher..However, further investigation of the potential for chronic hepatic disease in patients with a history of acquired portosystemic shunts is warranted...
- Akkaladevi N, Bunyak F, Stalla D, White T, Hazelbauer G. Flexible Hinges in Bacterial Chemoreceptors. J Bacteriol. 2018;200: pubmed publisher..Our analyses showed that flexible hinge bending avoided structural clashes in chemotaxis core complexes and their arrays. ..
- Bajaj R, Bruce K, Davidson A, Rued B, Stauffacher C, Winkler M. Biochemical characterization of essential cell division proteins FtsX and FtsE that mediate peptidoglycan hydrolysis by PcsB in Streptococcus pneumoniae. Microbiologyopen. 2016;5:738-752 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings represent first steps toward reconstituting the FtsEX:PcsB complex biochemically and provide information that may be relevant to the assembly of the complex on the surface of pneumococcal cells. ..
- Stewart C, Buffalo C, Valderrama J, Henningham A, Cole J, Nizet V, et al. Coiled-coil destabilizing residues in the group A Streptococcus M1 protein are required for functional interaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:9515-20 pubmed publisher..Our results support the general conclusion that destabilizing residues are evolutionarily conserved in M proteins to enable functional interactions necessary for pathogenesis. ..
- Fernández L, Major B, Teo W, Byrne L, Enticott P. Assessing cerebellar brain inhibition (CBI) via transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS): A systematic review. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018;86:176-206 pubmed publisher..Further systematic testing of CBI protocols is warranted, both from a parameter and task-based perspective. ..
- Bongiorno Borbone L, De Cola A, Vernole P, Finos L, Barcaroli D, Knight R, et al. FLASH and NPAT positive but not Coilin positive Cajal Bodies correlate with cell ploidy. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2357-67 pubmed..The first one can be detected using FLASH or NPAT as markers while the second is labelled using antibodies against Coilin. Only the number of FLASH/NPAT histone gene locus bodies correlates with ploidy and only these organelles appear ..
- Lasorella A, Sanson M, Iavarone A. FGFR-TACC gene fusions in human glioma. Neuro Oncol. 2017;19:475-483 pubmed publisher..Thus, FGFR-TACC gene fusions provide a "low-hanging fruit" model for the validation of precision medicine paradigms in human GBM...
- Takahashi S, Sugimoto N. Volumetric contributions of loop regions of G-quadruplex DNA to the formation of the tertiary structure. Biophys Chem. 2017;231:146-154 pubmed publisher..Thus, volumetric data obtained using pressure-based thermodynamic analyses provides information about the dynamics of the loop regions and the roles of loops in the stabilities and folding of G-quadruplex structures. ..
- Dong S, Chen X, Tu Z, Ai X, Zhang Z, Guan Y, et al. Aneurysm of the Anomalous Splenic Artery Arising from Superior Mesenteric Artery Treated by Coil Embolization: A Report of Two Cases and Literature Review. Ann Vasc Surg. 2018;48:251.e5-251.e10 pubmed publisher..Combined with the experience of the previous literature, we think coil embolization can be cost-effective and minimally invasive in selected cases, depending on the morphology and site of the lesion. ..
- Dunphy J, Ye K, Casanova J. Nuclear functions of the Arf guanine nucleotide exchange factor BRAG2. Traffic. 2007;8:661-72 pubmed..However, we found that ectopic expression of the nuclear GTPase PIKE/AGAP2 causes both BRAG2 and the CB marker coilin to accumulate in nucleoli...
- Zhang N, Yao L, Li X. Regulation of class V myosin. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2018;75:261-273 pubmed publisher..A combination of these regulators provides a versatile scheme in regulating myosin-5 motor function in the cell. ..
- Jallad S, Shah A, Bhardwa J. Knotted urethral catheter: an unusual complication in adults. BMJ Case Rep. 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..Awareness of this complication in female catheterisation and education on length of catheter insertion is important to avoid this. ..
- Roushdy A, Abd El Razek Y, Mamdouh Tawfik A. Echocardiographic predictors of coil vs device closure in patients undergoing percutaneous patent ductus arteriosus closure. Echocardiography. 2017;: pubmed publisher..To determine anatomic and hemodynamic echocardiographic predictors for patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) device vs coil closure...
- Shi X, Yin Z, Ling B, Wang L, Liu C, Ruan X, et al. Rho differentially regulates the Hippo pathway by modulating the interaction between Amot and Nf2 in the blastocyst. Development. 2017;144:3957-3967 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Rho attenuates the interaction between Amot and Nf2 by binding to the coiled-coil domain of Amot. By blocking the association of Nf2 and Amot, Rho suppresses Hippo in TE cells. ..
- Yu B, Zhang T, Xia P, Gong X, Qiu X, Huang J. CCDC134 serves a crucial role in embryonic development. Int J Mol Med. 2018;41:381-390 pubmed publisher..CCDC134 also exhibited a dynamic and specific expression pattern during embryo development. The present results suggest that Ccdc134 may have specific biological functions in regulating mouse embryonic development. ..
- Borgohain G, Dan N, Paul S. Use of molecular dynamics simulation to explore structural facets of human prion protein with pathogenic mutations. Biophys Chem. 2016;213:32-9 pubmed publisher..Mutation T193I leads to a steady H1 helix, a decreased native ?-sheet content and a new 310 region appears in H2 helix. Moreover, mutation R148H results in decreased conformational space with a highly compact and nonfluctuating form. ..
- Bruce I, Chang H, Petty C, Chen N, Song A. 3D-MB-MUSE: A robust 3D multi-slab, multi-band and multi-shot reconstruction approach for ultrahigh resolution diffusion MRI. Neuroimage. 2017;159:46-56 pubmed publisher..By enabling ultrahigh resolution dMRI for routine use, the 3D-MB-MUSE framework presented here may prove highly valuable in both clinical and research applications. ..
- Yu S, Yang Y, Chen T, Xu J, Jin L. Donor-acceptor interaction-driven self-assembly of amphiphilic rod-coil molecules into supramolecular nanoassemblies. Nanoscale. 2017;9:17975-17982 pubmed publisher..These experimental results reveal that diverse supramolecular morphologies can be controlled by tuning rod-coil molecular interactions or charge-transfer interactions between the donor and acceptor molecules. ..
- Li X, Tao Y, Murphy J, Scherer A, Lam T, Marshall A, et al. The repeat region of cortactin is intrinsically disordered in solution. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16696 pubmed publisher..These experiments therefore provide evidence that in solution the cortactin repeat region of cortactin is intrinsically disordered. ..
- Wright K, Du H, Dagnachew M, Massiah M. Solution structure of the microtubule-targeting COS domain of MID1. FEBS J. 2016;283:3089-102 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the CC-COS domains bind to microtubules, demonstrating for the first time that MID1 can directly associate with the microtubules. Structural data are available in PDB database under the accession number 5IM8. ..
- Wang S, Lin Y, Todorova N, Xu Y, Mazo M, Rana S, et al. Facet-Dependent Interactions of Islet Amyloid Polypeptide with Gold Nanoparticles: Implications for Fibril Formation and Peptide-Induced Lipid Membrane Disruption. Chem Mater. 2017;29:1550-1560 pubmed publisher..The observed affinity of AuNPs for IAPP was further applied to reduce the level of peptide-induced lipid membrane disruption...
- Waiczies S, Millward J, Starke L, Delgado P, Huelnhagen T, Prinz C, et al. Enhanced Fluorine-19 MRI Sensitivity using a Cryogenic Radiofrequency Probe: Technical Developments and Ex Vivo Demonstration in a Mouse Model of Neuroinflammation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9808 pubmed publisher..At this spatial resolution, most 19F signals were undetectable using the RT coil. The 19 F-CRP is a valuable tool that will allow us to study neuroinflammation with greater detail in future in vivo studies. ..
- Song N, Ma K, Jin J, Teng F, Cai W. Modeling of Thermal Phase Noise in a Solid Core Photonic Crystal Fiber-Optic Gyroscope. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisher..A fiber coil with 2.8 km length is used in the experimental solid core photonic crystal fiber-optic gyroscope, showing a random walk coefficient of 9.25 Ã— 10-5 deg/âˆšh. ..
- Zhang Y, Teng F, Li S, Wan L, Lin T. Design of a Matching Network for a High-Sensitivity Broadband Magnetic Resonance Sounding Coil Sensor. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisher..Finally, a field experiment is performed with the CSMN to show a valid measurement of the signals of an MRS instrument system. ..
- Koutserimpas C, Papachristou E, Nikitakis N, Zannes N, Tellos A, Velimezis G. Spontaneous splenic artery aneurysm rupture in a 38-year old female: a case report. G Chir. 2017;38:205-208 pubmed..Furthermore, post-splenectomy sepsis is a severe disease with high mortality rates that requires immediate appropriate treatment...
- Petr O, Brinjikji W, Cloft H, Kallmes D, Lanzino G. Current Trends and Results of Endovascular Treatment of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms at a Single Institution in the Flow-Diverter Era. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:1106-13 pubmed publisher..2% of patients. The endovascular treatment of unruptured aneurysms can be performed with very low rates of neurologic complications. Both flow-diverter and coil therapy were safe and effective. ..