Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CNOT2
Description: CCR4-NOT transcription complex subunit 2
Alias: CDC36, HSPC131, NOT2, NOT2H, CCR4-NOT transcription complex subunit 2, CCR4-associated factor 2, negative regulator of transcription 2
- Sohn E, Jung D, Lee H, HAN I, Lee J, Lee H, et al. CNOT2 promotes proliferation and angiogenesis via VEGF signaling in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2018;412:88-98 pubmed publisherHere the underlying role of CNOT2, a subunit of CCR4-NOT complex, was elucidated in cancer progression...
- Jayne S, Zwartjes C, van Schaik F, Timmers H. Involvement of the SMRT/NCoR-HDAC3 complex in transcriptional repression by the CNOT2 subunit of the human Ccr4-Not complex. Biochem J. 2006;398:461-7 pubmed..Previously, we showed that promoter targeting of the CNOT2 subunit resulted in strong repression of RNA polymerase II transcription, which was sensitive to the HDAC (histone ..
- Zheng X, Dumitru R, Lackford B, Freudenberg J, Singh A, Archer T, et al. Cnot1, Cnot2, and Cnot3 maintain mouse and human ESC identity and inhibit extraembryonic differentiation. Stem Cells. 2012;30:910-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that three members of the Ccr4-Not complex, Cnot1, Cnot2, and Cnot3, play critical roles in maintaining mouse and human ESC identity as a protein complex and inhibit ..
- Albert T, Lemaire M, van Berkum N, Gentz R, Collart M, Timmers H. Isolation and characterization of human orthologs of yeast CCR4-NOT complex subunits. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:809-17 pubmed..Here we report the isolation of cDNAs encoding human NOT2, NOT3, NOT4 and a CAF1-like factor, CALIF...
- Shi J, Nelson M. The cyclin-dependent kinase 11 interacts with NOT2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:1310-6 pubmed..We used a yeast two-hybrid screening strategy and identified NOT2 as an interacting partner of caspase-processed C-terminal kinase domain of CDK11 (CDK11(p46))...
- Winkler G, Mulder K, Bardwell V, Kalkhoven E, Timmers H. Human Ccr4-Not complex is a ligand-dependent repressor of nuclear receptor-mediated transcription. EMBO J. 2006;25:3089-99 pubmed..These findings define a function for the human Ccr4-Not complex as a transcriptional repressor of nuclear receptor signalling that is relevant for the understanding of molecular pathways involved in cancer. ..
- Miyasaka T, Morita M, Ito K, Suzuki T, Fukuda H, Takeda S, et al. Interaction of antiproliferative protein Tob with the CCR4-NOT deadenylase complex. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:755-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antiproliferative activity of Tob is shown post-transcriptionally by controlling the stability of the target mRNAs in addition to its involvement in transcriptional regulation, reported previously. ..
- Zwartjes C, Jayne S, van den Berg D, Timmers H. Repression of promoter activity by CNOT2, a subunit of the transcription regulatory Ccr4-not complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10848-54 pubmed..In this experimental setup we found that the CNOT2 and CNOT9(hRcd1/hCaf40) subunits act as repressors of reporter gene activity...
- Ahmeti K, Ajroud Driss S, Al Chalabi A, Andersen P, Armstrong J, Birve A, et al. Age of onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is modulated by a locus on 1p34.1. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:357.e7-19 pubmed publisher..Identifying the underlying pathways influencing susceptibility to and age at onset of ALS may provide insight into the pathogenic mechanisms and motivate new pharmacologic targets for this fatal neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Rambout X, Detiffe C, Bruyr J, Mariavelle E, Cherkaoui M, Brohée S, et al. The transcription factor ERG recruits CCR4-NOT to control mRNA decay and mitotic progression. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:663-72 pubmed publisher..is recruited to mRNAs via interaction with the RNA-binding protein RBPMS, and it promotes mRNA decay by binding CNOT2, a component of the CCR4-NOT deadenylation complex...
- Fabian M, Cieplak M, Frank F, Morita M, Green J, Srikumar T, et al. miRNA-mediated deadenylation is orchestrated by GW182 through two conserved motifs that interact with CCR4-NOT. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1211-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, GW182 serves as both a platform that recruits deadenylases and as a deadenylase coactivator that facilitates the removal of the poly(A) tail by CCR4-NOT. ..
- Ito K, Inoue T, Yokoyama K, Morita M, Suzuki T, Yamamoto T. CNOT2 depletion disrupts and inhibits the CCR4-NOT deadenylase complex and induces apoptotic cell death. Genes Cells. 2011;16:368-79 pubmed publisher..The roles of the other subunits remain obscure. Here, we show that CNOT2 depletion by siRNA induces apoptosis...
- Denis C, Chen J. The CCR4-NOT complex plays diverse roles in mRNA metabolism. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2003;73:221-50 pubmed..Finally, the functional diversity of the CCR4-NOT complex is related to its mediating responses from a number of cellular signaling pathways. ..
- Boland A, Chen Y, Raisch T, Jonas S, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, Wohlbold L, et al. Structure and assembly of the NOT module of the human CCR4-NOT complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1289-97 pubmed publisher..We report the crystal structure of the human NOT module formed by the CNOT1, CNOT2 and CNOT3 C-terminal (-C) regions...
- Lau N, Kolkman A, van Schaik F, Mulder K, Pijnappel W, Heck A, et al. Human Ccr4-Not complexes contain variable deadenylase subunits. Biochem J. 2009;422:443-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, human Ccr4-Not complexes are heterogeneous in composition owing to differences in their deadenylase subunits, which may reflect the multi-functionality of these complexes in cellular processes. ..
- Morita M, Suzuki T, Nakamura T, Yokoyama K, Miyasaka T, Yamamoto T. Depletion of mammalian CCR4b deadenylase triggers elevation of the p27Kip1 mRNA level and impairs cell growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4980-90 pubmed..Thus, CCR4b may be involved in various cellular events that include cell proliferation. ..